TERA Online forum archive
Posts by vkobe
meteor strike supposed to strike 3 times under mana boost
Satchin wrote: »
So here's the situation that I have come across. We'll use it as an example, an arch type if you will rather than to hate on some individual.

Just for context, I was running RG on a warrior, frostmetal +0 swords that I pushed up so I can grind out item exp for the rest of the armor more comfortably. It's a second warrior alt so I'm fairly familiar with the class. I had gotten an instance match, a valk and a lancer. So I swap to offense stance and build because, hey lancer. The way the first boss went, the lancer didn't use any buffs, can't hold aggro, didn't take care of any mechanics and did damage on par of a healer that's specifically trying to dps. It left me and the valk chasing the back of the boss, the valk wasn't very experienced as well but we got through it. My damage was basically cut in half in comparison to a working party. Again I'll say that damage comparisons are meant to provide context.

So I shrugged it off and swapped my build to defense stance. I had the crystals and glyphs already set up, but can't afford secondary sword rolls.

The lizard went better, my damage was about the same and the valk's damage shot up 4 times than last boss. The lancer however did the same, didn't read the situation, kept shouting to try to keep aggro, which is a problem in general as if it were someone else who had the correct sword rolls, would actually lower the dps of the person trying to tank, generally being useless or even detrimental. The rest of the dungeon run was like this and I didn't say anything to the lancer.

So to simplify, I met a worryingly bad lancer and compensated the best I could with what I got without bringing it up to the guy.

So the question I want to ask, was this the right thing to do?


We have to assume this Lancer isn't just running one dungeon. The lancer will come across many people. He will keep being a detriment to parties. Is it right not to mention poor performance, or is it right to not mention it and delay it so someone else who's less patient to lay into him? The tank role is an important position. I have to include that this person actively lowers other people's damage potential and generally doesn't contribute any meaningful damage himself. I figure to anyone who can identify him as an issue would become very annoyed.

The most reasonable, possibly usual scenario I could think of is the Lancer would have been kicked and replaced by literally anything else. Since it's RG, no problem for us. If it were KC or SF however, tanks aren't easy to find. It also just passes the Lancer along to some other party to deal with. Also it might give him the idea "they could've said something first" and think we were all toxic or something.

If I were to say anything, chances are the guy would shut down, give the usual responses, call me toxic and elitist, maybe come to the forums and tell you guys about the toxic players etc etc.


So I lay it to the forum. I see a lot of people on the side of anti toxicity, how do we solve these issues that wouldn't just ignore and spread the problem. I think we can't just think that the victim of tongue lashing is always some saint, defensiveness and unwillingness to change or learn is also very toxic and brings out the worst in others. So what can be done?

dont doe IMS or be better to crecruit players in your team ;)
i am sure OP made this screenshot in 2015 :)
papy10k wrote: »
Remember they were in the open world, man that was (for me) best event EVER.
x1Nb5Hl.png

it was before spacecat is our current cm B)
more cute elin B)
lesbianvielinusagi B)
at this time i played kuma for reward and fun
difference between kumasylum and kuma royale, kuma royale is equalized bg

kumasylum it depend of your team, before gunner patch, the compo of your team could made a big difference between win or lose, for example a team without heavy armor class could be a big challenge to carry the candies and we prayed than the player is not a lowbie when he carry the candies

in kuma royale being lowbie or level 65 dont made diffrence, because the system doesnt care which class you play, it is only your skill and knowledge about this bg :)
Spacecats wrote: »
TheDarkWan wrote: »
This is all great but you are forgetting something BHS and EME are super cheap and will not spend a dime on Tera unless they must and as it stands they don't think they must, so all of this is usless. @Jerichow

Well this doesn't really get us anywhere. You don't have to be 100% optimistic to be constructive, but even if you believe changes are unlikely, the better approach is more like: "What would make an idea MORE likely to happen? Why is it worth applying to the game? What hasn't been thought of yet?"

TERA is a living, breathing MMO with changes always in the pipeline. Sometimes just new bosses or fun cosmetics, but if you even just look at the recent history of TERA's 5+ year lifespan, we've seen from Bluehole the new gear progression system, CU:Velika, Harrowhold, and the upcoming awakening system, showing that they ARE willing to explore new mechanics while building on existing ones. Updates like those are not easy. Following a template is easy. But updates like those are born from the drive that Bluehole developers have to try new things and keep improving. I think they're very interested in hearing well thought-out feedback like what we're seeing in this thread.

what i ask it is than they stop to remove content it hurt tera badly, damn alliance removing was the worst decision for tera we lost so much because that
kuma royal was nice when we could play with lowbie, but enmasse killed it :)
ZagatoMKR wrote: »
A: I'm still waiting for Elite changes that would actually be beneficial to casual players. Also... BDO's "sub status" allows for unlimited character customization *wink wink*.

Cheers.

value pack in tera is elite voucher
Ayi wrote: »
If you don't have fun playing, what are you doing?

Maybe you just need better friends or a better guild. :open_mouth:

dancing with my cute elin in velika B)

in my case it is more to move to another mmorpg ;)
when my cute elin dance in velika B)

seriously at prime brawler patch was last time i really played tera seriously :)
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Jerichow wrote: »
One of, if not the single biggest reason my friends and I see that Tera can't hold new playeris because it's advertising itself as something that it's not. Tera is a game advertised as an MMORPG, but after playing it for a a few days, or even a few hours - most new players are seeing that this game is in fact, NOT an RPG. It's a true action combat game set in a fantasy world with RPG elements. People come looking for an RPG, when they see that this isn't what they were looking for, they leave.

The ironic thing about your post and all that follows is that, actually, it seems they're very keenly aware of this issue, but they took the exact opposite approach to solving it. They doubled down on action combat as the key selling point. Consider all the changes they made in the last few years:

1) The new tutorial map places a greater, more focused emphasis on action combat throughout.
2) The changes they made to dungeons and the addition of vanguard quests (and phasing out of side-quests) keep a greater emphasis on combat rather that the world/lore/NPCs.
3) The speeding up of the leveling process (and the option to level via dungeons, BGs, BAMs, etc.) gives people more ways to level through combat.
4) Crafting was refocused to have basically no use except to support the gearing process either directly or indirectly.
5) Gear drops simplified during leveling to allow people to level how they chose, rather than being forced into the typical RPG pattern.

There's basically no side-systems, no deep engagement in the world/lore, just... action combat.

My conclusion, in seeing the changes they've made over the years, is that they're running in the exact opposite direction of making the game more RPG-like, and explicitly trying to make ti be more like "a true action combat game set in a fantasy world with RPG elements." My guess is that it's because they decided to double-down on their strength rather than spend an enormous amount of time/money shoring up their many weaknesses (some of which you touched upon).

For this reason, although the feedback is constructive, I think it's an extremely tough hill to climb to convince the very top people at BHS to change the game's development direction that will affect all markets worldwide. Most of these decisions were probably made supported by various forms of retention data/metrics that we unfortunately don't have. And even if they did agree conceptually, it would likely take a year or more before the effects of any such course correction would be felt. Will they think the game too old now to warrant such a dramatic re-imagining to "bring the RPG back"? (A more fundamental question, perhaps, what even is their vision for TERA five years from now? Do they have one?)

I do think some of TERA's biggest problems are vision-related; namely, the lack of a clear vision and effective focus. They've got too small a team to pretend they can be all things to all people, and spent too much time doing all things poorly. But even if they do cast a vision and make it clear, I think it's likely this will leave some players behind realizing that BHS's vision doesn't align with what they want in a game. That would be painful, but at the same time, may be the only path forward for the long run.

Anyway, it was an interesting read, even if I didn't entirely agree with some of the specific suggestions.

if they are so adamant about tera being action combat game and slowly killing the lore, then they should just make everyone level 65 at the start and then as we play through the game we get better and better gear.

Maybe not 65 at the start, but look at all EME's other games: no open world, just lobbies and instances with a focus on combat. (Sort of like Phantasy Star Online used to be? Haven't played the new one, but I assume it's the same.)

Sadly, for those doing end-game content, the game has turned to be an instance based game instead of an open world game.

This is one of the things why I left Vindictus and it's sad Tera became that, an instance based MMORPG.

instance can work, for exemple the first guild war

the problem with tera it is they remove content, it hurt a lot tera and break our heart
LegateTR wrote: »
Here's some super constructive feedback: fire spacecats

i dont really see improvment to do that, the problem is bigger than spacecat, it started with bhs and i dont think a new employee can really improve our tera
ElinUsagi wrote: »
tisnotme wrote: »
6HDANDTPAY wrote: »
@counterpoint
I completely agree with you that threads like this are of no relevant importance compared to the many other topics out there that could make a difference, and the bundle for $15 is pretty good just for the Lvl60 scroll that by itself costs $50, but it is a scummy marketing tactic to say that Lvl58 gear is high-end gear, and don’t make up excuses for them, don’t say that for a fresh Lvl60 it would be high-end, it’s not. High-end is high-end, Lvl65. It wasn’t a poor choice of words and we all know this to be true, and if you beg to differ you couldn’t be more wrong, it was a scummy marketing tactic, plain and simple — and they should be ashamed, because for 5, almost 6 years they’ve had one of the most supportive community out there.

However, for someone that defends EME so much, how can you say things like this?
“I'm on the ‘side’ of wanting to see TERA survive and for important issues to be addressed and resolved.”
Especially when you have not addressed a single issue asking for things to change.
I’ll give you a few examples:
“1) Cash shop prices have been increasing steadily.
2) Lootboxes don't have posted odds.
3) Lootboxes don't have failure caps.
4) Lootbox runner-up items are now mostly untradable, making it harder to get the item you want on the broker.
5) EME appears to be gradually phasing out account mounts.
6) The TERA Rewards Emporium, which is supposed to reward cash shop purchasers, has horribly out-dated rewards.”
Among many more issues that I’m sure you’re very aware of.
Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, which I’m fairly certain am not — make sure to include proof, and no, being part of the Player Council doesn’t serve you as proof without actual evidence.

I'm surprised that some one that's had a forum account for a few hours to have such in site to have a predetermined bias against one individual to make two post against them even calling them to learn from a post he hasn't been in

but it seems a day for that with a few new accounts made to make a post or two on these such threads

We all know that accounts on forums can be made without even having a character on TERA at all.

I think EME should start restricting forums for accounts linked to game accounts with characters with certain level.

At least this will make these people to play a little bit more each time they made an alt in the forums before posting their love here :3

but it is easy to level up in tera from scratch B)
Pixelator wrote: »
Preach, it's amazing how far this company has fallen in just a year. I gladly opened my wallet for ol' Treeshark and crew. Hell be damned if I drop a cent for this bunch.

yup at time minea ruled our tera i wanted to support tera and try to spend 50$ every month

now enmasse and bhs just made everything ugly in tera :/
click 2 times on the chocobo head ;)
streetdog wrote: »
The points that @ElinLove made are actually pretty fair one.
You make party, take a noob, then the noob takes best mats, and what you have achieved is a slow run and a lot of frustration. Now since the mats are no longer an issue, the same thing might happen with diamonds or other gems. And the annoyance and pain is real, since the boss hp and endurance is high even in very basic dungeons.
A fundamental flaw in Tera is that the gear and skill can make way too big difference. In other games noob with bad gear can semi pull his own weight, but in Tera a noob is basically dead weight even in places like rg (not that it matters there, but still annoying). The gear just makes too much difference.

i think in all the mmorpg we have this problem, not only tera :)
Happy cute elin everybody! :)
Nanahira wrote: »
kubitoid wrote: »
visiting these forums is more fun than grinding stupid iod bams for hours and less time consuming so yee kind users continue posting whatever you desire cool reading and also language practice

^

" don't know if its because of the time and money people have invested in it, but I think that is one of the reasons why so many stay with tera"

cute elin :3

398954TERAScreenShot20170907104824.png
it is like birth and death

new players vs players who quit :)

but i think it will be like guild war now when we will be in 2020 decade for tera, less than 100 people will still continue to play tera :)
ye more weirdos on the forum :3
KaaiYu wrote: »

C'mon EME, you used to be so much better than this.

original enmasse team is gone, so they cant be better than this original enmasse team
Halrath wrote: »
Happy New Year from EME!

it is only it could be true, oh well i dont feel good for 2018 :/
TheDarkWan wrote: »
I'm tired of complaining, lets do something. ask@bluehole.net Send your emails to bluehole and lets talk to them directly. EME is not responding and does not care. I sent my email and hope enough of use send emails too and finally get this nightmare over with.

because i dont really care, i already move to another mmorpg :)
yup work one hour and buy level 60 scroll :3

is faster than level up in 6 h ;)
i didnt spend 1/10 of what do you spend and i spent at least 500$ in this game :3
ye velvet usagi is a blue whale :3
6R1MM01R3 wrote: »
I think the only problem with getting a lv 60 scroll to play right away is that...you don't have any gold for the skills. Like, if you included in the pack an emerald or two, that sure helps.

When you use a level 60 scroll, you get all the level 60 skills automatically. And then if you do the FoA storyline, you should get enough gold for the skills at level 61 and on.

??? no you dont. Do you even play this game ?

nope i only dance with my cute elin in velika :3
Beom wrote: »
TERA 2016 End-of-year

Dec/28
Double drop event
- play event

Dec/21
Golden Gift + Santa-hunting event
- $$ event & play event

TERA 2017 End-of-year

Dec/27
Chrono GG event
- $$ event

Dec/20
Golden Gift box event
- $$ event



GM activity on forum - 2017
Search GM's comment

@Halrath - last at Dec/20
@seandynamite - last at Dec/18
@Spacecats - last at Dec/15



What should we do? Apparently team EME is gone for their end-of-year while ditching their customers as well as no event except $$ event.

me? i already move to another mmorpg, i just log for my cute elin :)
tier 10 or pleb :3

tier 10 for enmasse senpei notice you :3
OMG we can just change the 2016 by 2017 XD
TheDarkWan wrote: »
Excuse me but is there ppl actually defending EME for not posting a Christmas event even though we were promised one on the twitch stream? What were u thinking? It's like a you posting a red flag on ur self saying "EME employee". EME worst publisher ever.

nope ncsoft, nexon are worst ;)
TYoung11 wrote: »
Hey, there has not been a single EME post since 12/20. Lot of people upset with the state of the game right now. It's all in the forums. Anything would be helpful to show NA tera did not Dieded.
http://www.teradevtracker.com/

i think they probably in another state or another country, so wait the first week of 2018 :)
Meningitis wrote: »
I should add....this thread was made out of pleasant surprise and thankfulness towards EME.
And yet, 90% of this thread is a pile of accusations based on little to no evidence, and whining in general.
That's our TERA community. Good job. Not that I'm surprised.

30% ;)
sorry man but mt has only 2 free slot and i have too many characters in tr, so i cant move to mt :)
Xaruki wrote: »
where the hell is the logic to create so many characters on all servers. You sit 24 hours on the terra and where the point is you are playing in 90% of the cases for 1-2 characters

kamizuma is tera bank, so he need a lot Permanent establishment everywhere in tera ;)
Margarethe wrote: »
Could have also made an online version on the website wishing happy holidays/merry christmas.
Curious, why only for a few players?
Heruvim wrote: »
Great instead of actually making x-mas events they send us useless cards..

they send some people useless cards not all of us. really nice way to promote elitism . those that got one and those that didn't. people are going to feel extra special now.
I wonder if player council members got cards?


because they know where they live, if they dont know they cant send card :)

it is why i dont get card, because i use steam wallet to pay my emp, so with steam wallet you are anonyme customer ;)
admonitu wrote: »
Whiteknighting them will not get you anything. The more important question is did you spend money on EMP?

she live in iran, so i feel it is too much for enmasse
very meany :3
but iron man doesnt have wings :3
Elinu1 wrote: »
Well not surprised, I think this thread can die a painful death now.
I vote to keep it alive so that the staff can see how disappointed many of the players were and still are. don't worry, all will be forgotten when the flying costumes come out.

cute elin iron man B)
kamizuma wrote: »
ok what do i do if i have 81 characters?

2yy72tg.png

why only 13 in tempest reach ? :3
Blaming *exploits* for the incompetence of a company. Lol
For Xmas event, can we have another company take over Tera and actually pull a finger instead of getting paid to do nothing ? Man I wish I had a job like you guys that work for Tera En masse, its a dream job ! Totally would be able to handle 2 jobs, hell even 3

i dont see which company is really better, they seem to suck more than enmasse :3
vkobe wrote: »
7D6HAXWL3X wrote: »
EME never fails to disappoint

i think you can forget christmas event forever, i dont see improvment with current enmasse team, so 2018, 2019 and 2020 christmas will suck in our tera :)

you really think tera will be around in 2020?

if guild war 1 is still around in 2017

yes i expected tera will be still around in 2020 if our world doesnt burn in 2018 :)
7D6HAXWL3X wrote: »
EME never fails to disappoint

i think you can forget christmas event forever, i dont see improvment with current enmasse team, so 2018, 2019 and 2020 christmas will suck in our tera :)
HanzoMain wrote: »
Can we not start 2018 wiith something dumb

sorry man, but i feel 2018 will be a bad year for everyone in general :)
jrtseven wrote: »
Just for reference, what time are you logged in on which server where this is the case? I've been jumping between servers recently, and the only time I saw it the way you described was years ago on LoT and VoT.

I don't disagree with the point about player retention, but I tend to say that player attitudes (and their lack of welcoming of new players) is a more important factor than lacking guides. As a result a lot of people just play casually and never really integrate (because they're not really welcomed).

Here's a screenshot of MT velika at 3AM est in 2014:
9nJ1lnW.jpg
Here's one of the same spot on the same server at 5PM est in 2017:
78nqpWl.jpg

Yes, time is a factor for deadness, at 3 am today it will be completely empty... but even at busy times it's dead compared to dead times from years past. Not to mention everyone is afk, nobody is talking in global except gold sellers and people selling things in general. There are two LFG's up. The only solution is embracing and welcoming new players. Obviously our playerbase is not going to do that, they're more likely to tell those players to stfu and go away. A solution eme can actually do? Guides for new players so they don't have to rely on current players.

Keep in mind that Velika is not the only endgame hub for players. A better comparison would be Kanstria + Velika in 2014, vs Velika + Highwatch in 2017.

i am sure fate of arun was released in 2014, so we could be in highwatch in 2014
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Ardire wrote: »

I only can see that people see Tera as their lives, mind to get one in the real world at all?

but real world doesnt have cute elin :3

At the end of the day, we'll live to fight another day. Despite all the many disappointments and regrets about what might have been in TERA, I hope people are still able to enjoy the holidays.
dont worry since 2016 christmas i expected than enmasse will fail again for 2017 christmas, so it is why i already move to another game so i fight somewhere else ;)

so no dissapointment and regrets for me since i knew than our tera suck, they just do what they have to do :)
F4ngDragon wrote: »
So a game that has been alive for 6 YEARS has failed because recently the decisions have not been the best for the future of it? Wow. You sure have very bad expectatives for multiplayer games.

not recently, but since some years, it started when they begin to remove contents

maybe it is not a fail, but we could avoid so much pain
ye merry cute elin :3
at least with lump of coal we can made money with or a nice bbq B)
natia wrote: »
I wonder what happened to these suggestions and plans.

in the trash :)
the game is supposed to come on xbox one next month
vkobe wrote: »
vkobe wrote: »
dgough wrote: »
@Spacecats Over the last few days it seems the community is getting anxious over the lack of holiday content. Are you able to provide us an update on any potential holiday event? If the intention is to surprise us, could you pop in and let us know it may "possibly" happen... wink wink.

its Christmas weekend, so I highly doubt anyone at eme cares about fooling with the game when they have a life outside of work. they want to spend time with their real friends and family. I suggest if people want a Christmas event in game, gather up people in game and host one yourselves. like what we used to do in ch server . you can all meet in a location where it wont lag so bad, maybe hold it at one of the snow places in the game. make it available to all players in the server. invite those new people running around that are hoping that someone will speak to them or invite them to a guild.
Christmas isn't about getting free stuff, and we can all extend the hand of friendship to others in game. let others know that they aren't forgotten during this time of the year.

ye so we can do that in another game B)

I would if the game is better. how many times this year alone has eme boosted up something (or made it sound as if they were going to do something special) only for everyone to be disappointed. people should know better by now. ever since the dragon fiasco, ive learned to just wait and see,and not get my hopes up. believe it when I see it.

the game has more people than tera, christmas song, snow and better decoration :)

I may have to get you to pm me the name of this game if you don't mind

black desert, dont ask me the screenshots, because i dont want to have problem if i post it here, i can post it in the off topic, but not in general forum :)
vkobe wrote: »
dgough wrote: »
@Spacecats Over the last few days it seems the community is getting anxious over the lack of holiday content. Are you able to provide us an update on any potential holiday event? If the intention is to surprise us, could you pop in and let us know it may "possibly" happen... wink wink.

its Christmas weekend, so I highly doubt anyone at eme cares about fooling with the game when they have a life outside of work. they want to spend time with their real friends and family. I suggest if people want a Christmas event in game, gather up people in game and host one yourselves. like what we used to do in ch server . you can all meet in a location where it wont lag so bad, maybe hold it at one of the snow places in the game. make it available to all players in the server. invite those new people running around that are hoping that someone will speak to them or invite them to a guild.
Christmas isn't about getting free stuff, and we can all extend the hand of friendship to others in game. let others know that they aren't forgotten during this time of the year.

ye so we can do that in another game B)

I would if the game is better. how many times this year alone has eme boosted up something (or made it sound as if they were going to do something special) only for everyone to be disappointed. people should know better by now. ever since the dragon fiasco, ive learned to just wait and see,and not get my hopes up. believe it when I see it.

the game has more people than tera, christmas song, snow and better decoration :)
dgough wrote: »
@Spacecats Over the last few days it seems the community is getting anxious over the lack of holiday content. Are you able to provide us an update on any potential holiday event? If the intention is to surprise us, could you pop in and let us know it may "possibly" happen... wink wink.

its Christmas weekend, so I highly doubt anyone at eme cares about fooling with the game when they have a life outside of work. they want to spend time with their real friends and family. I suggest if people want a Christmas event in game, gather up people in game and host one yourselves. like what we used to do in ch server . you can all meet in a location where it wont lag so bad, maybe hold it at one of the snow places in the game. make it available to all players in the server. invite those new people running around that are hoping that someone will speak to them or invite them to a guild.
Christmas isn't about getting free stuff, and we can all extend the hand of friendship to others in game. let others know that they aren't forgotten during this time of the year.

ye so we can do that in another game B)
aeee98 wrote: »
Flippenout wrote: »
I have played tons of MMOs. And I beta tested this game along with several others. It will do great on console and here's why. Consoles are the future of gaming while PC may have their advantages most people prefer controllers over the keyboard and mouse. On top of that most people refuse to spend so much for a pc or don't know how to build their own. Console has only a few MMOs out today. There's neverwinter, elder scrolls online, and final fantasy 14 just to name a few. I've played them all and being an original wow gamer I'd say the best of them was ffxiv. With ffxiv it was a paid subscription and there were thousands playing it but as time went on people just didn't want to spend the money. Elder scrolls you have to buy new content and it still has a huge number of players. Tera on the other hand will be ftp. It will draw a huge number of players to it alot like DC universe did. I believe people will flock to this game over the others because it will be less cost to them. This is just my opinion though.

Actually, Microsoft representatives have said the future of Xbox is on the PC, especially considering they are reaching the last generation. As of now technology is advanced enough for most people to own a PC. Sure PC games are moving onto consoles, but not for a reason that consoles are now master race, but that they intend to bridge and bring the entire community together. I can see that in the future it is more about the game instead of about the platform.

source

Keep in mind that it's also convenient for them to say this because it leverages their existing marketbase. So this way they can re-frame the conversation about Xbox One being "behind PS4" this console generation and start saying "Windows Gaming (including XBOX) is the most popular gaming platform". Xbox One already basically is a Windows 10 PC with a customized UI, so there's some truth to it... but Sony isn't going to be jumping all over the place to merge into the "PC gaming ecosystem" and give Microsoft this sort of "win" -- at least not right now.

Anyway, I'm quite sure we'll still get a PlayStation 5 at some point along with more "Xbox-branded entertainment devices" at some point in a few years. I'd say consoles will continue to be a major force for a good while yet.

2 years in november 2019 B)

or maybe december 2019 to celebrate the new decade B)
maybe it is the codes ? :3
so is mean christmas event is to enter code to get reward ?
thanks you
Vunak wrote: »
papy10k wrote: »
[

people who drop raid should be penalized. 15m drop is not enough

That won't help anything at all. Will just take more people out of queues.

and more afk players in dungeon waiting a kick agaist them ;)
ElinLove wrote: »
vkobe wrote: »
ElinLove wrote: »
vkobe wrote: »
Yamazuki wrote: »

The only reason people think a desktop costs more than a console is because they think you have to go out and buy high end hardware for it to be capable of running games. A 500-900$ desktop will run equal to or better than a console while lasting several years with only the gpu needing to actually be upgraded if necessary. A GTX1080Ti, 8700k, 32GB 3000-4000mhz RAM isn't necessary for casual gaming. Buying a desktop is also more complex (even if you get it pre-built) than a console. Consoles don't have a million hardware configurations, you just decide if you want an Xbox or PS4 and then upgrade each generation. Consoles are basically like Apple computers, it's about the simplicity of their ecosystem.

2 xbox and 2 ps4 and sometime 2 nintendo console, because wii u failure :3

so it cost near 1000$ for console, because you buy ps4, ps4 pro or xbox one and xbox one x ;)

but ryzen 3 only cost 140$ and has the same power than ps4 :3

Because you buy one CPU, leave it on the desk, and it does wonders like projecting stuff to the screen and has magical USB ports that you can't see.
Also yeah you DO need to buy all consoles of a generation, otherwise you lose to PC.

you use your cute elin cuteness to enchant your ryzen 3 to +15 ;)

i am serious with wiiu/switch, ps4/ps4 pro and xbox one/xbox one x, now we need to buy 2 consoles every 5 years :D

hhhmmm dunno about 2 every 5 years, sure previously it was pretty much always a console approximately every 5 years (1985 NES, 1990 SNES, 1995 N64... 1994~1995 PS1, 2000 PS2, 2006 PS3 2013 PS4 weird enough), but I don't see any rumors even of a PS5 or such in the next coming years. If we count that 2018 would hit the 5 years, PS4 pro here, another one should be coming...

I do agree tho that they've become more complicated than before. Consoles used to be just that, consoles. Then PS1 was also a CD player (so was Sega CD add-on), nothing too weird tho, PS2 DVD player along, nothing much complicated as well, then PS3 was a multi-media device, PS4 is a PC wannabe (with almost PC internals), Xbox One even a friggin' TV DVR...

I do give it to you they did make this latest generations kinda messy. Still, let's not just completely rule out the initial cost of a PC, and well, the exclusives of a console.

well before we didnt have something like ps3/ps3 pro or wii/ any nintendo console

in theory ps4 pro and xbox one x could run video game than ps4 and xbox one fat cant run, because the video game ask too much power or if you prefer video game in 4k :)
ElinLove wrote: »
vkobe wrote: »
Yamazuki wrote: »

The only reason people think a desktop costs more than a console is because they think you have to go out and buy high end hardware for it to be capable of running games. A 500-900$ desktop will run equal to or better than a console while lasting several years with only the gpu needing to actually be upgraded if necessary. A GTX1080Ti, 8700k, 32GB 3000-4000mhz RAM isn't necessary for casual gaming. Buying a desktop is also more complex (even if you get it pre-built) than a console. Consoles don't have a million hardware configurations, you just decide if you want an Xbox or PS4 and then upgrade each generation. Consoles are basically like Apple computers, it's about the simplicity of their ecosystem.

2 xbox and 2 ps4 and sometime 2 nintendo console, because wii u failure :3

so it cost near 1000$ for console, because you buy ps4, ps4 pro or xbox one and xbox one x ;)

but ryzen 3 only cost 140$ and has the same power than ps4 :3

Because you buy one CPU, leave it on the desk, and it does wonders like projecting stuff to the screen and has magical USB ports that you can't see.
Also yeah you DO need to buy all consoles of a generation, otherwise you lose to PC.

you use your cute elin cuteness to enchant your ryzen 3 to +15 ;)

i am serious with wiiu/switch, ps4/ps4 pro and xbox one/xbox one x, now we need to buy 2 consoles every 5 years :D

Yamazuki wrote: »

The only reason people think a desktop costs more than a console is because they think you have to go out and buy high end hardware for it to be capable of running games. A 500-900$ desktop will run equal to or better than a console while lasting several years with only the gpu needing to actually be upgraded if necessary. A GTX1080Ti, 8700k, 32GB 3000-4000mhz RAM isn't necessary for casual gaming. Buying a desktop is also more complex (even if you get it pre-built) than a console. Consoles don't have a million hardware configurations, you just decide if you want an Xbox or PS4 and then upgrade each generation. Consoles are basically like Apple computers, it's about the simplicity of their ecosystem.

2 xbox and 2 ps4 and sometime 2 nintendo console, because wii u failure :3

so it cost near 1000$ for console, because you buy ps4, ps4 pro or xbox one and xbox one x ;)
for me bitcoin could be a international money and virtual money on the web

unfortunally bitcoin turned to be the next Tulip mania
Flippenout wrote: »
I have played tons of MMOs. And I beta tested this game along with several others. It will do great on console and here's why. Consoles are the future of gaming while PC may have their advantages most people prefer controllers over the keyboard and mouse. On top of that most people refuse to spend so much for a pc or don't know how to build their own. Console has only a few MMOs out today. There's neverwinter, elder scrolls online, and final fantasy 14 just to name a few. I've played them all and being an original wow gamer I'd say the best of them was ffxiv. With ffxiv it was a paid subscription and there were thousands playing it but as time went on people just didn't want to spend the money. Elder scrolls you have to buy new content and it still has a huge number of players. Tera on the other hand will be ftp. It will draw a huge number of players to it alot like DC universe did. I believe people will flock to this game over the others because it will be less cost to them. This is just my opinion though.

you can use controller with pc

console are the past of gaming, they die in 80 s era, is time for pc to shine B)

or else seriously the true future for video game is mobile ;)
Maddwolf wrote: »
It's funny how people are always Bit*hn' about how "DEAD" of a "failure" Tera is and yet here they are STILL playing and posting....if it is truly as dead as you say it is then why waste your time playing a "dead" game and worst, taking the time to come here and Bit*h about it....plenty of other MMOs out there that you can "predict" are NOT dead and playable.... : I

cute elin

yeah i know i should stay on reddit, but it is alway fun to see what the kubotoid will post :)
WCWKXCHTTG wrote: »
Uptown wrote: »
I'm predicting it now - Tera console WILL fail because Tera PC has almost completely failed/died off. It's not that I don't enjoy playign Tera, because I do. It's the poor management and business model of the game I don't like. I honestly can't understand what would cause the current devs to believe that console gamers will enjoy the soul-rotting grind that this game has become; not to mention that nearly all competitive content is locked behind gear level.. If Tera console is going to compete with current mmo games, the whole gearing system/difficulty is going to have to change because people aren't going to leave games like GTA V, COD, BF1, Destiny, etc.. to repeat the same instances 1000 times for little to no reward in return... a huge problem in this game is that it doesn't make players feel rewarded when they spend time playing, it just creates a felling of 'this will never end' or 'make it stop' or 'I just want to start having fun'. Hate to say it but Tera console is going to be a complete failure unless there are mega differences between it and the PC version. After all, Tera has never had a problem attracting new players, many youtube videos promoting the game have well over 200k views, and the steam release also flooded new players into the game. The problem the game has is poor management and business model, which quickly causes most people the leave, and if the console version is anything like the PC version... It has already failed.

first of , tera on console will not fail because it has no competition , NW its not even close of what tera will be , second , tera has 6 years and still have enought players to keep givin them money ( if thats a fail idk whats a win ) , last but not least , almost all PC games are dying , Lineage is dying , tera is dying , BnS is dying . the only game thats alive YET its BDO , and its only alive cuz its a new game a ppl didnt got end game gear yet , but soon will die

black desert is not really new game :3

ElinUsagi wrote: »
vkobe wrote: »
i dont think tera pc has failed, the game is 6 years old and bhs and enmasse made their milk with tera cow

of course if it is the current version of tera and if they manage tera console like the did since 3 years with our tera, tera console will be in serious trouble and sink in one year :)
I don't think they're under any delusion it's going to compete with the likes of GTA V, COD, BF1, Destiny, or any major, successful AAA game. But if it attracts a small crowd of dedicated players like TERA PC still has, that'll fit their business model. And there's enough interest and good response from the test that I'm sure a remnant will remain. (And, regardless, they've built the capabilities of their internal teams, which I imagine was part of the goal of the project to begin with.)

Obviously it would be way better if they could totally revamp the game to "make it popular" but I don't think that's possible for them without starting over. And even then, if they wanted to make a popular game these days... well they already have one. It's not like TERA at all.

but pubg is cod level :3

PUBG is a genre that competes directly with MMOFPS, not with MMORPG's

so change tera into fps with cute elin gunner :3
golden gift

sorry but is long time i accepted than our tera is gone, the golden age with minea and tonka never back sorry
so it is only that for our christmas event nothing more ?
i dont think tera pc has failed, the game is 6 years old and bhs and enmasse made their milk with tera cow

of course if it is the current version of tera and if they manage tera console like the did since 3 years with our tera, tera console will be in serious trouble and sink in one year :)
I don't think they're under any delusion it's going to compete with the likes of GTA V, COD, BF1, Destiny, or any major, successful AAA game. But if it attracts a small crowd of dedicated players like TERA PC still has, that'll fit their business model. And there's enough interest and good response from the test that I'm sure a remnant will remain. (And, regardless, they've built the capabilities of their internal teams, which I imagine was part of the goal of the project to begin with.)

Obviously it would be way better if they could totally revamp the game to "make it popular" but I don't think that's possible for them without starting over. And even then, if they wanted to make a popular game these days... well they already have one. It's not like TERA at all.

but pubg is cod level :3
It's been literally forever since I've played this game, and I just wanted to say that I absolutely HATE the new starting zone. That is all. Good day.

yeah i understand, bhs love to nuke nice place, pora elinu, island of dawn and velika :)
LesbianVi wrote: »
vkobe wrote: »
TPPW975FPD wrote: »
LesbianVi wrote: »
@vkobe

Yeah, but I thought they gonna get something new too, so naive of me.

PS: Black Desert is just a newer game but that game is way more crap and have more p2w [filtered]. If we combine Tera with Black Desert, we might get something good lol

BDO sold on its artistic creation, sure it went genderlocked a few times, but shifted quickly since its success lies in open world gameplay. Tera sold itself to continuous route of gender locked classes, removing old content while lacking anything to replace it with and lost majority of anyone still interested in playing it. Now its struggling to maintain its own player base let alone bring in any new players that quickly come and go by failing to grasp into the brutal nature of boring leveling and IoD end game.
Some of the best moments used to be PK'ing and picking fights with other lowbies during leveling or having to fight against Pkers and they even removed that cause of server merges to have lv65 PVP

ye 10 female class and 6 males class for black desert and we dont know if the next class will be female or male after ran :3

at least in tera our berserker can be female and our sorcerer can be male and we know than male brawler incoming and we have cute elin and popo ;)

about pking you know than black desert players alway complaint about karma bombing ?

and i dont feel than they are really better than us to keep new players, the game is less friendly for new player than tera

black desert is more grindy, you are stuck in mediah, more RNG than tera, they are more greedy for costume and outfit, their mount suck more than our mount, we dont have weight problem in tera, i feel than kakao is more greedy than enmasse and i start to feel than their event are more bad than our event

Also Balck Desert is p2p, and also p2w. I mean if you are not Elite in Tera, you can still reach all content, You can get reset scrolls to run more dungeons, you can enter CU, GVG and stuff. But in BDO if you are not Elite, you can't do jack in game lol

only 6 $ :3

yup pay2waifu :3

you can reach all content without value pack, it is just a lot harder :)

so it is why we love tera, because we are equal for every races and genders if we chose berserker :3
is christmas so our gm are in holiday ;)
it is what you wrong eu could play in our tera steam

remember

All existing players who downloaded TERA through Steam and added TERA to their game library before Thursday, June 11, 2015 will continue to be able to access and play the game with their En Masse account.

but we could not get new players from them, so without new players from them our pop decreased slowly in the first week, before a big drop

you only use the chartz, i use the chartz and the new than harmonia posted 2 years ago, it is very important where she said than euro can still play in our tera if they registed before 11 june

it is why i said it work like birth and dead, people will not instantly die, because they stop to made babies, but their pop will stop to grow or will decreased

so after 11 june euro and russian player decreased in our tera, because they were unable to renew this pop, but they didnt disappear by magic, because they could still play our tera

it is your mistake you are unable to made the difference between pop who instantly gone and pop who are unable to renew their pop

global tera pop decreased between 2012-2015 it is not only a problem in tera enmasse and it was normal all video game lost a big % of heir players some months after their release

sorry to say that to you, but we had bigger bleed 2 months after brawler patch, remember this post http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/news-announcements/topics/Whats-What-in-2016, this delay hurt us more

i dont rememeber last year our pop was so good, so it is normal to lost less people when you already lost 90% of your pop before

anyway i didnt expect spacecat to save our tera and i knew we still lost players, because the game is old and than bhs made big mistake, i also know than danicia time was very bad, but what do you want we say? spacecat is not really so better, i think he is better than danicia, but i dont feel he is better than tonka

sorry to say that to you, but today ff, ascension valley and ch complaint than their server dying, even in tr and mt we complaint we have less people and i can check ingame than unfortunally it is true, cute elin gunner release is less popular than brawler release, so it just show than our tera is more sick with time, you can say wathever you like but we have less players now than in september 2015, i dont blame only enmasse, bhs is responsible of this situation at 80% and our game is old and mmorpg with better [filtered] appeal was released, so i dont put all the blame on our current staff, but i should admit than gameforge tera team was improved, the ours stagnate
no i dont think we will have housing
your chartz only proove than we were not able to renew our pop after 11 june with european and russian, it is why the pop decrease slowly instead a big drop, because they didnt block the players who already registed in tera steam

but remember every day we have players who leave and never back, even when tera was popular and good, it happen in all video game, it is why it is important to be able to appeal new players to fill the lost of players and renew our pop it is like dead and birth and unfortunally we lost the europe and russia nursery to renew our pop

so your graph show normal consequence in july of what happened when gamefore and tera russia go mad against us, august seem to be a normal lost, because all video game in steam lost some players some months after their release and september tonka already left and minea probably stopped in charge of tera
http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/important-news-for-europe-and-russia

read the new and mostly this part

All existing players who downloaded TERA through Steam and added TERA to their game library before Thursday, June 11, 2015 will continue to be able to access and play the game with their En Masse account.

i said we are unable to renew our pop with europe and russia, it is why we are unable to fill the net lost from players who just leave tera

but steam didnt block european and russian who already register in tera steam, so it is why it took some days before than our tera had a net lost
well if tomorow they dont announce something is mean our christmas will suck like 2016 christmas :D
you only proove than gameforge and tera russia QQ hurt tera america steam

we were unable to renew our pop with european and russian

and steam player come and leave, some stay, unfortunally we didnt have european and russians to fill this net lost

if you talk about the -37%, remember than tonka already left in september and minea probably stopped to be in charge of tera and september mean the end of summer holiday, so people back to school

and if i remember we didnt have a big update in august and september

may and june was steam and gunner big update
the block mean than our pop cant grow from europe and russia customer, so with time some steam players just leave tera and we could only renew our pop with america customer, remember than south america and mexico could not register in steam tera, unfortunally usa and canada was not enough to fill the lost of european and russian who left, so we will never know if enmasse steam tera would be able to grow and keep this population for severals months
ElinUsagi wrote: »
FK0T1C9.png

Funny how some forum users want to sell the idea that previous crew was doing great to mantain population and still use steam charts to attack current crew.

However as we can see there if we use steam charts as something relevant (that is not but some pople want to make others think it is) the previous crew (Tonka and Treeshark was there until July 2015 last week when Tonka runaway from this game) failed to keep players interested in the game and we lose thousands of players per month.

What we have now is the result of bad desicions from BHS mainly, since they are the ones focusing the game for PvE casual game. But a bad decision only in our eyes because it seems this work$ for them in Korea and Japan. So if this work$ then no reason to look at other options.

gameforge and tera russia complant than enmasse stole their players, so they QQ and asked steam to block players from europe and russia to register in tera america

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/important-news-for-europe-and-russia
farewell farewell thread :3
TPPW975FPD wrote: »
LesbianVi wrote: »
@vkobe

Yeah, but I thought they gonna get something new too, so naive of me.

PS: Black Desert is just a newer game but that game is way more crap and have more p2w [filtered]. If we combine Tera with Black Desert, we might get something good lol

BDO sold on its artistic creation, sure it went genderlocked a few times, but shifted quickly since its success lies in open world gameplay. Tera sold itself to continuous route of gender locked classes, removing old content while lacking anything to replace it with and lost majority of anyone still interested in playing it. Now its struggling to maintain its own player base let alone bring in any new players that quickly come and go by failing to grasp into the brutal nature of boring leveling and IoD end game.
Some of the best moments used to be PK'ing and picking fights with other lowbies during leveling or having to fight against Pkers and they even removed that cause of server merges to have lv65 PVP

ye 10 female class and 6 males class for black desert and we dont know if the next class will be female or male after ran :3

at least in tera our berserker can be female and our sorcerer can be male and we know than male brawler incoming and we have cute elin and popo ;)

about pking you know than black desert players alway complaint about karma bombing ?

and i dont feel than they are really better than us to keep new players, the game is less friendly for new player than tera

black desert is more grindy, you are stuck in mediah, more RNG than tera, they are more greedy for costume and outfit, their mount suck more than our mount, we dont have weight problem in tera, i feel than kakao is more greedy than enmasse and i start to feel than their event are more bad than our event
158148TERAScreenShot20160817140806.png
Body is 10 characters too short.
vkobe wrote: »
Lol the posts where people say "this isn't a job or esports, let people have fun". That's like me playing soccer with some people and 1 guy decided to just lay on the floor or the goalie decides to try and score goals. In a situation like that, would the rest of the team actually have "fun"? Is it not expected that they at least stand up, near where their position is and act like they're doing something? Why is it any different in a game that involves playing with groups of players. If you're solo, do whatever you want but in a party it's different.

because you have professional soccer or tournament soccer

and you have friendly soccer

in the first case yes you should play it seriously

in second case you only play it for fun and you dont care about win or lose

Ok, but then in the second case, when it comes to TERA, the others wouldn't care how anyone plays and there would be no arguing. The topic is about the first case, though.

i just see a dude complaint than someone advice him :)

in case of tera it is fast run vs you kill final boss at the end and we dont care how your team kill him

if it is fast run i understand people go mad if the dude doesnt follow the advices, but in IMS we dont care how you kill the final boss, just kill him :)
AbstractCH wrote: »
Good thing they’re all butt ugly.

even elsa hair ?
Lol the posts where people say "this isn't a job or esports, let people have fun". That's like me playing soccer with some people and 1 guy decided to just lay on the floor or the goalie decides to try and score goals. In a situation like that, would the rest of the team actually have "fun"? Is it not expected that they at least stand up, near where their position is and act like they're doing something? Why is it any different in a game that involves playing with groups of players. If you're solo, do whatever you want but in a party it's different.

because you have professional soccer or tournament soccer

and you have friendly soccer

in the first case yes you should play it seriously

in second case you only play it for fun and you dont care about win or lose
i say no, but the game is free, so you can spend 5 h ingame to see if it worth to back
LesbianVi wrote: »
kisechi wrote: »

:angry: :rage: :confounded: :confused: :angry: :rage:

Nothing for Amani/Femani/Baraka/Popo? Fawking BHS, Fawking, I am just .... Fawk them.

Can someone find any info on male haircuts (elf, castanic,human at least?)? Not everyone playes female chars.

Just delete males, I hate'em :angry: :rage: I want new Popo stuff and models and animation and class. Fawk males :angry: :rage:

PS: The closest hair style to Vi is giving to Female Casta alone? :angry: :rage: :confused:

but amani, baraka and popo dont have hair :3
Pleyadinus wrote: »
It is... It's really sad to be playing this game for over 4 years and simply your hole life change because someone decides "to balance" healers classes...

I remember when I cleared Shadow Sanguinary Hard Mode in a run from Instance Matching... now, if i try to queue to RKHM i just simply got kicked out because the healer is a priest. HOW IN THIS [filtered] GAME this could happen? Having the last set (Stormcry at +5).

Even if I try a training run on LFG it takes hours, literally HOURS to make a party if that would happens. The players of this game themselves and the stupid changes from BHS are killing the game.

I do not care about if this post would be against forum rules. I just wanted to say this because has no sense, simply has no sense a priest with stormcry set+5, champion laurel, a person who has been playing tera for almost 5 years... is like WTF is happening.

I will no longer play tera, for a long time. This what happened to me today was the definitive.

EME (and the incomprensible to me BHS) thanks for all this time of happiness and emotions in TERA, but the game is not the same anymore... is terribly unbalanced players are more elitist than before, nobody wants priest, at least not in PVE. I'm not enjoying the game, in fact many times i got angry and frustrated coz i cannot advance in endgame contents. Maybe it's time to play my "real game" (my life) or maybe another game... It's really sad.

I feel very disappointed from TR players, the most [filtered]-elitist players in this game. Thanks TR server for making this game dying. You deserve, and only your "pro" players to play TERA's endgame contents no one else, only the pro player from TR server.

Vitalicious.

ye priest is dead long live to mystic rule until in 2020 :3
Maddwolf wrote: »
If you just wanna play Solo then it's ok for you NOT to want any input and play as you like.....But if you're gonna run with people on a dungeon (especially if said ppl are playing to achieve something) then Yes you better be ready to be told what to do....and guess what...If you want to continue to take part in running with people Then you have to get your SH**T together and play the content/Class you're playing the RIGHT WAY

or just spam IMS who care if you are in black list of someone than you never meet again? because he is in another server ;)
Why should we take the effort to carry you when we could go pick up someone who learned their class and have a clean, fast perfect run?? Like...hullo???

in IMS you cant chose your teamate, so it is you against RNG, of course you can kick the dude and pray than the next will be better, but sometime it is faster to carry than wait one hour or be stuck with worse players
Sethadone wrote: »
Unless they are inherently bad, lets say...a dps not using right crystals, not using their skills often, (god forbid only auto attacking) no potions, ect ect. Let them just play the game. Not doing what YOU think is right is no excuse. And even then, if they are listening, tell them politely, don't just go "Use growing fury brawler ffs".

Brawler not using growing fury? why does it matter if they are putting out decent damage (for whatever tier dungeon they are geared for) and holding aggro comfortably, why bother them about it? if a dps is using the best set up available to them currently, but still are doing not the best damage, don't bash them over it if they are doing their part and doing mechanics correctly. If healers are properly healing and keeping a party alive and buffed, don't shout at them cause they forget a debuff or something. They are still keeping you guys alive and that's what counts.

It doesn't take much to be a decent human being. With all the negativity in the world today, just be kind. You might just make someones day. Or even week. :)

because sometime the team fail in the dungeon, so after 4 fails we start to see how we fail and unfortunaly it is often because the dude who die the most

for exemple when i level up my cute elin gunner, my group was stuck with mystic who didnt heal, he just tried to dps and we asked him to stop dps and heal us, so it is why sometime we say to people how to play :)
brawler power :3
lol iron man in tera :3
You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.