TERA Online forum archive
Posts by counterpoint
Melyodis wrote: »
looks like a rip off 12000 emp for 20 storm box to get 10 hp potions in one box so according to the rng in this game you have the chance of getting 200 hp potions for 12000 emp wth is this, a player can be that bad lucky come on eme.

Well, to be clear... you still get the 12,000 EMP to spend on top of that. This is just the bonus gift in addition to the EMP. It's not like you're spending the $100 just for the 20 boxes.
Got permission to post the info we were shown in Player Council about this, so here it is. (It's possible that something changed, or may change in the future... so let me know if anything seems off.)

Recruit
Uses Invite:
  • Minor Battle Solution
  • Aeolian Zebra Mount (30-day)
  • Candyspinner Pet (permanent)

Level 10:
  • Butler's Uniform (male) or Dyeable Housekeeper Uniform (female) (7-day)
  • Amethyst
  • Elite Status Voucher (1-day)

Level 20:
  • Village Atlas (30-day)
  • Riding Skill: Shimmersoul (3-day)
  • Experience Mark I
  • Pearl

Level 30:
  • Dyeable Titan Force (male) or Dyeable Devilicious Costume (female) (7-day)
  • Experience Mark II
  • Ruby
  • Elite Status Voucher (1-day)

Level 40:
  • Riding Skill: Blitzheart (3-day)
  • Experience Mark III
  • Sapphire
  • Major Battle Solution

Level 50:
  • Gold Short Jacket (male) or Moonlight Party Dress (female) (7-day)
  • Friendly Bank Expansion (non-tradeable)
  • Experience Mark IV
  • Emerald

Level 60
  • Riding Skill: Snarlheart (3-day)
  • Experience Mark V
  • Emerald
  • Prime Battle Solution

Level 65
  • 5x Empowered Enchanting Chest
  • 5x Dyad Niveot Structure
  • 5x Precious Gem Box
  • 3x Strongbox Key
  • 5x Beta Instance Reset Scroll
  • 5x Gamma Instance Reset Scroll
  • 10x Feast
  • 10x Superior Noctenium Elixirs


Mentor
Recruit uses invite:
  • 5x Prime Battle Solution
  • 10x Valkyon Health Potion
  • 10x Rejuvenation Potion

Level 10
  • 10x Prime Battle Solution
  • 5x Superior Notenium Elixirs

Level 20
  • 15x Prime Battle Solutions
  • 5x Strong Bravery Potion
  • 1x Strongbox Key

Level 30
  • 10x Lamb Bulgogi
  • 1x Strongbox Key
  • 2x Empowered Enchanting Chest

Level 40
  • 3x Feast
  • 2x Strongbox Key
  • Empowered Enchanting Chest

Level 50
  • 6x Feast
  • 2x Strongbox Key
  • 6x Empowered Enchanting Chest

Level 60
  • 5x Dyead Niveot Structure
  • 9x Feast
  • 3x Strongbox Key
  • 8x Empowered Enchanting Chest

Level 65
  • 1x Master Crafter's Secret Additive
  • 3x Strongbox Key
  • 5x Precious Gem Box
  • 10x Empowered Enchating Chest
  • 1x Amplifier Crate I
Meningitis wrote: »
BTW, this was just because newbies might not know where to buy it, although it's well-known to veterans. Just so you can use the temp flight suit fully.
Yea I figured, even though I think there's still humor there. I'm guessing they don't have a temporary version of the mechanical flight skill like other mount skills.

It's actually caused confusion among newbies I've played with though. They think they could use it after the temp suit was gone since they still had the skill (even though it clearly says you have to have a suit equipped to use it, but that's another can of worms).

Yeah, it's weird because the outfit and skill are separate, so no matter how you do it, it will cause some confusion (since the timers aren't linked to each other). I'm actually not sure if they made a temp version of the flying skill, but maybe they did.
Meningitis wrote: »
lvl 55: temp flight suit, temp red flight suit wings, temp flight lens, perm mechanical flight skill (lol its worth like 2 gold & u cant use it w/o flight suit)

BTW, this was just because newbies might not know where to buy it, although it's well-known to veterans. Just so you can use the flight suit fully.
Jerichow wrote: »
vkobe wrote: »
before yes, but with the new enmasse direction i am not sure anymore

before we had sale at june month, but this year we didnt

and we didnt have sale since the last christmas

Honestly with the direction EME has gone recently I actually expect a bigger BF sale just to try to rake in a little more profit, to be entirely honest. Not trying to be sarcastic or anything - but with their decisions to implement RNG gem/talent boxes, I feel EME is a lot more EA-like now than before.

They remind me of the Corpus from Warframe now - worshiping profit like it's the sole reason for existence.

In fairness, extracting money from these niche F2P MMOs is what pays their salaries. If they don't find a way to make each game profitable, they'll close them. For TERA in particular, it's not like BHS is pumping out new cosmetics or new classes the way they used to, or that the game is getting any younger.

The thing that gets people most mad about EA is because they're this massive mega-conglomerate who makes tons of money selling games at high prices and then monetizing them to the max post-launch, so they're double/triple charging customers for experiences that used to be all "in-the-box." They also like to buy out respected game development studios and milk all the value out of them before killing them off, so that doesn't help.

I'm not saying that I agree with EME's monetization decisions (actually I disagree with a lot of them, though I understand some of them), but the comparison is a bit of a stretch.
vkobe wrote: »
before we had sale at june month, but this year we didnt

I think the sale you're thinking of was actually in May to coincide with the anniversary, and we did have that this year too. They've changed from year-to-year what was in the sales, of course.

I can't imagine that they'll skip Black Friday, but I imagine we'll find out very soon.
ThePieBoy wrote: »
Maxmilian wrote: »
Cyborq wrote: »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't we been getting an Eta reset scroll, or something like that, every day now after update?
I don't remember if I've read the description of what it does, and if I did I don't remember what it says.

Anyone care to clarify?

We dont currently receive any daily rewards like that on NA. The calendar rewards are randomised.

Elite players do currently get it on NA, actually, but it's because the scroll is missing from the Daily box right now. The note on the delivery says that it's coming to the Elite box soon, so this is in place of that. But it has no relation to the issue this thread is talking about.

I don't remember that being the case when I was an elite member for over half a year.

This is something that started in this recent patch, because the reset scroll is not in the Elite box at the moment where all the other ones are. Once it gets added the elite box, they won't do the daily deliveries.

(If it's been a while since you've been Elite, the daily box does give you one of every variety of reset scroll now. It's just missing this most recent one, as explained.)
Maxmilian wrote: »
Cyborq wrote: »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't we been getting an Eta reset scroll, or something like that, every day now after update?
I don't remember if I've read the description of what it does, and if I did I don't remember what it says.

Anyone care to clarify?

We dont currently receive any daily rewards like that on NA. The calendar rewards are randomised.

Elite players do currently get it on NA, actually, but it's because the scroll is missing from the Daily box right now. The note on the delivery says that it's coming to the Elite box soon, so this is in place of that. But it has no relation to the issue this thread is talking about.
Clearly this is not the case as this levelling event says "The leveling event is only available to brawlers.." it is NOT for bralwers but ONLY for ELIN BRAWLER'S so please be more precise in your wording in future!

I'm pretty sure that the event itself works with all brawlers, despite the fact that it has some Elin costumes in it (so it's focused on Elin brawlers but the event itself still works). Of course, you can only trigger each threshold once per server per account. Are you finding that it doesn't work for human brawlers (and you haven't already leveled another brawler on that server)?
voidy wrote: »
Jerichow wrote: »
The servers were down for how long? I did some math based on a basic 30 day month. Servers being down for 2 hours came out to *less than five cents* of the cost of Elite going off of $14.95/mo.

This is ridiculous - things happen, servers can go down. EME should just reset all dungeon instances for the day and call it good. Anyone asking for more personal compensation (consumables, etc) than that's just panhandling for a free handout that's not deserved.

What I mean is this, and it's already been done by other companies so it isn't like it's impossible: Let's say I have a 30 day subscription and the game is unexpectedly down for 4 hours. Those 4 hours would simply be added to my subscription time. There is absolutely nothing unreasonable about this.

For what it's worth, I do not thing increments of hours are possible in this game, because subscriptions (when you're paying by card) renew only on a daily cycle. If the amount of accumulated time exceeded 1 day, then they could probably do it (whether directly or by distributing 1-day vouchers).
Last day is this coming Tuesday (the 20th), so unfortunately you won't be able get the free slot unless you find some other way to login.
Still can't enter mine

This is a really old thread, but I also posted here about the same issue:
https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/269050#Comment_269050

It means you don't have the latest patch, so you either need to reinstall the launcher (steps in the link) or point to a different patch server (steps here).
feazeshero wrote: »
Did the provider get changed? or something is occurring at one of the paths before it reaches the server?
I haven't had this problem for so many months until up till the previous week. And I don't think I'm the only person experiencing it.

You're not the only one, but the provider didn't change. It looks to be in the path. If you post your traceroute to diag.enmasse.com when it's happening, you might see where the problem lies.
This is bait...
They've mentioned a few times over the last week that they're trying to gather data about affected people, so you can send your diagnostic info from the launcher and traceroute to diag.enmasse.com to their email [email protected]

In general, though, this looks to be a routing-related issue, so there's no guarantee that they'll be able to do anything that's guaranteed to solve it. The only other "option" you have to workaround it is to try to use a VPN that takes you on a different path to the server, since this issue is caused by the path before you hit the server itself. Of course, this solution isn't good either.

The fact it's not impacting other games or anything else relates to the path to each server being different, so unless another game you were playing were at the exact same Chicago datacenter, you wouldn't necessarily see the same results.
Nopi wrote: »
As a question I'd like to ask, though, would this EP system make it so super dedicated players who farm it will be plainly leaps and bounds stronger than others? Or are the buffs so minor that only min maxers will care about them?

It's sort of in the middle. The system is on an exponential curve so you can earn a decent amount of points fairly quickly (well, weeks anyway), but it takes longer and longer to earn as you get higher. So it's true that super-dedicated players will be stronger than others, and it won't be possible to completely catch up with them unless you're even-more dedicated than them (to surpass them) -- this is the main thing I dislike about this system. But it's also true that newer/more-casual players can still get the most important balance-impacting points without being that super-dedicated. So it's not "leaps and bounds stronger" once you get to that base level, but it's not entirely minor either.
If you can't login to the character at all, the only thing you can do is send in a ticket and ask them to reset you.

If you can login but just are stuck in the instance somehow, you may be able to do things like type /reset to try to get out of it.
SageWindu wrote: »
Nopi wrote: »
The reward credit thing already sells outfits, and the method of obtaining the credits is directly tied to purchases. I don't think you would be able to accommodate both an elite only option for a token shop and something free users who buy EMP can use at the same time. All of that should be separate.

It's not entirely tied to purchases (although it mostly is right now), and I don't think it needs to be Elite only at all. They might not do it this way, but imagine if you got 75 Reward Credits per day just for being an Elite subscriber. That'd give you 2250 Reward Credits per month, which gets most of the starter tier of outfits (at 1995 credits). You can save up a bit longer to get the 2495/2995 credit outfits. If you want even more credits, obviously, you'd get it when you buy EMP as usual. You'd also have to work your way up to Tier 6 to get most of the outfit selection, but that's fairly achievable even just via in-game means.

Emporium credit accrual is tied to EMP expenditure, not just flat purchases. Buying EMP does nothing - you need to actually use it for stuff in order to receive credits (at 1:10 credit to EMP ratio).

Same goes for gaining points to increase the reward tier, but the ratio there is a straight 1:1.

Yes, sorry -- that's correct, but it's tangential to how they could use it as part of Elite, if they wanted to.
Nopi wrote: »
The reward credit thing already sells outfits, and the method of obtaining the credits is directly tied to purchases. I don't think you would be able to accommodate both an elite only option for a token shop and something free users who buy EMP can use at the same time. All of that should be separate.

It's not entirely tied to purchases (although it mostly is right now), and I don't think it needs to be Elite only at all. They might not do it this way, but imagine if you got 75 Reward Credits per day just for being an Elite subscriber. That'd give you 2250 Reward Credits per month, which gets most of the starter tier of outfits (at 1995 credits). You can save up a bit longer to get the 2495/2995 credit outfits. If you want even more credits, obviously, you'd get it when you buy EMP as usual. You'd also have to work your way up to Tier 6 to get most of the outfit selection, but that's fairly achievable even just via in-game means.
I'm not against making Elite better, but what you're saying combined would be honestly a lot.

1) Right now, a single look change goes for 846 EMP for Elite members (so half the price of Elite right there). Unlimited look change for all your characters would mean people would just take the promotional 1-day Elite and change all their characters for free. So, even though BDO does it, probably needs to be done differently here. Maybe you could give each person one 24-hour appearance change coupon for every 30 days subscribed or something. (BnS, for instance, gives one appearance change for every 90 days subscribed.)

4) Outfits start at 995 EMP, so again that alone (combined with the 15 EMP/day) would basically itself pay for Elite. And allowing you to "choose" is itself a problem -- choose from what selection? As was discussed in another recent thread, this brings back the Monthly Gift problem we had a few years ago.

6) The daily gift should be bumped up, but keep in mind also that it's 30 days of gifts. You're not going to get "$15 worth" each day. If people want the gift to "feel" more substantial, it'd probably have to be monthly not daily.

7) The 15 EMP per day adds up to 450 EMP per month, which also reduces the effective cost of Elite to about $10.50 instead of $15.

No problem with the more travel destinations or the theory of allowing people to pick their Elite mount from a list (even though that isn't technically possible right now), but in the end... if something has to be objectively give $50+ of services for people to feel like it's worth $15... it's not worth it to sell it for $15 either. There's probably a balance here.
CornishRex wrote: »
just add the token to daily elite box, problem fixed

Yeah, that is what I was thinking they could do. But then you have the job of creating the token merchant. That's sort of why I'd like a solution that's more built around Reward Credits and revamping the Emporium so you just have one shop to maintain with all the rewards.
Yes, you get it via parcel post after you enter the server and stay logged in for a few minutes.
Nopi wrote: »
As for the multi month packs. I really don't remember anything of such a thing, and I played Tera when it launched as a p2p game. I DO remember, as I said, when they dropped the monthly fee to 9.99 for a limited time, and promised to keep that price to anyone keeping elite active for as long as they did. Still, regardless of they having done it before or not, I'd say they should do it again, as older games should try to be more appealing, and a price drop is usually one of the best appeals an old game can make.

For reference, IGN still has a wiki page that shows the price tiers at launch:

https://www.ign.com/wikis/tera/Pricing

I was on one of those multi-month plans back in the day. Maybe they could bring something like that back.


And yeah, it'd be a problem if people used 1-day elite vouchers to get a costume each month, as it'd totally crater the value of the prize. They'd have to do some method to check subscription days.
If you have this issue, it means that your client did not get the latest patch. The first thing to try is to completely restart your launcher. If that does not work, try deleting the file "Live2-Launcher.version" from your install folder, and then restarting the launcher to see if that helps and it starts patching. If that *still* does not cause you to start downloading the patch, try the steps I posted in the post here:

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/216604/#Comment_216604
It was alluded to in the news post here:
http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/levelup-with-buddyup

But I'm not sure if they posted a detailed list of the new rewards for each tier anywhere.
I assume they mean the strongboxes that drop in the open world randomly, and that you have to use a strongbox key to open.
Nopi wrote: »
Nopi wrote: »
I'm not really too full of other ideas of how to make it so much more appealing while remaining balanced with F2P. Suggestions?
I'd go the cosmetic and savings route. First. A monthly free outfit from a list of the old non deluxe outfits. Second. Advertise and strengthen Elite's cash shop savings, to entice people to use EMP. Third, make multi month Elite savings packs that allow people to save some money per month when buying 3 month, 6 month and 1 year Elite. This is something I'm surprised EME has never done, as is a very common practice.

For the "monthly free outfit"... they tried that route in the past and it was kind of a disaster. Plus I think there may be some technical complications with monthly gifts/rewards because of how they have both 30 and 90-day vouchers and also promotional things like 1-day and 3-day vouchers. I guess the only way you could do it would be to add a token to one of the daily boxes and that after you collect 30 tokens you can trade for a prize... or something like that. But what to choose for the prize selection that makes everyone happy (and doesn't completely crater the value of the item) is a big problem. I guess I would rather see them update the Reward Emporium and then give Elite players extra way to earn Reward Credits, because then could trade for whatever prize you want.

As for adding more cash shop savings, I agree with that.

For multi-packs, they do have the 90-day vouchers as mentioned (which works out to being slightly cheaper than monthly subscriptions due to the tier EMP buying discounts). They did used to have the 3/6/12 month duration tier discounts for those who subscribe directly -- maybe it could be brought back.

For the outfit, the could just add a monthly flag on each account. Name it "elite bonus" internally or something. This flag will be set on and off pretty much like the buddy up flag, but instead of measuring inactive days, it measures a time lapse from when the last elite bonus (in my proposal an outfit) was gifted to this account. This way we don't have people using a 1 day voucher to get an outfit every 3 days.

I don't think that method will work either, because then you could just use a 1-day voucher to get a reward every month (since the amount of time passed between gifts would be 30 days). It has to only be if you have 30 days of accumulated subscribed time. So, either you give tokens people can save up each day, or you have to keep a running total of the number of Elite days.

Nopi wrote: »
As for multi month elite packs, yes. I'm referring to the monthly membership. Now I DO remember EME lowered the price to like 9.99$ and promised to keep that price to people who kept their elite active for as long as they had it. STill, I'd prefer the multi month packs because it gives a better sense of stability, PLUS, people will be paying more up front.

Yeah, they had this back in the original P2P days 5-6 years ago. IIRC, there was some technical reason why it didn't work anymore, but maybe that issue has been solved now.
DCLG4R7PW9 wrote: »
yup. now instead of saying server down, you just click "Enter server" and nothing happens

AFAIK, that only happens when you haven't applied the patch yet. Restarting the launcher completely should fix it. The servers have been up for about 45 minutes now.
Nopi wrote: »
I'm not really too full of other ideas of how to make it so much more appealing while remaining balanced with F2P. Suggestions?
I'd go the cosmetic and savings route. First. A monthly free outfit from a list of the old non deluxe outfits. Second. Advertise and strengthen Elite's cash shop savings, to entice people to use EMP. Third, make multi month Elite savings packs that allow people to save some money per month when buying 3 month, 6 month and 1 year Elite. This is something I'm surprised EME has never done, as is a very common practice.

For the "monthly free outfit"... they tried that route in the past and it was kind of a disaster. Plus I think there may be some technical complications with monthly gifts/rewards because of how they have both 30 and 90-day vouchers and also promotional things like 1-day and 3-day vouchers. I guess the only way you could do it would be to add a token to one of the daily boxes and that after you collect 30 tokens you can trade for a prize... or something like that. But what to choose for the prize selection that makes everyone happy (and doesn't completely crater the value of the item) is a big problem. I guess I would rather see them update the Reward Emporium and then give Elite players extra way to earn Reward Credits, because then could trade for whatever prize you want.

As for adding more cash shop savings, I agree with that.

For multi-packs, they do have the 90-day vouchers as mentioned (which works out to being slightly cheaper than monthly subscriptions due to the tier EMP buying discounts). They did used to have the 3/6/12 month duration tier discounts for those who subscribe directly -- maybe it could be brought back.
Dokibun wrote: »
tbh it's only worth for the mount, if you dont have one, CCB, travel, and double dungeons
it needs to be reworked or cheapened imo

Given the 450 EMP you get over the course of a month, you could argue that it already was cheapened. While I think the amounts from the daily rewards could be increased, and they could swap out the gold boost with a further crafting speed boost, I'm not really too full of other ideas of how to make it so much more appealing while remaining balanced with F2P. Suggestions?

(In general, I still say that the broker fee alone is the benefit that singlehandled pays for the whole thing if you use it. The market power of being able to relist indefinitely at no penalty is honestly OP. Of course, not everyone uses it.)
Nopi wrote: »
The xhunter file appears on your system only if you start a Xigncode enabled game as an admin. Otherwise the file doesn't show up. IF you did so and the file is in your computer, you can safely delete it. For example, Blade and Soul, which also uses Xigncode, always starts with admin rights for some reason, so if you play that game, you will always have the xhunter file around.

Yeah, this is correct. By default, TERA NA does not run as Admin, but sometimes -- to fix problems or for whatever reason -- some people might decide to run the launcher as Admin, and those people will have it after running the game as Admin. But if you just installed the game the normal way and never changed anything, it won't be there.
notDre wrote: »
I think it's important to explicitly state what you consider cheating when it comes to proxy just saying generically "cheats" and "exploits" isn't good enough, do your research and figure out what modules are going to be allowed and which aren't if you're going to allow proxy.

I agree with you, but I also think drawing a very clear line is pretty difficult too. Sometimes, it's also not only what the tool is/does, but the context where you use it. For example, there are some things I would care less about in solo PvE than in PvP.

Personally speaking, though, I think I would also draw a similar line to you. Anything where a player not using mods would be at a clear disadvantage and unable to compete on an even playing field is, to me, a cheat. If it were added to the game proper, or were distributed in an official/integrated way so that everyone had the choice to turn it on or off, that'd be different. But no one should feel forced to download any third-party mods at all to be able to play the game, and any sort of "auto-pilot" style features give a clear gameplay advantage that's beyond just "quality of life."

Someone might make the argument that something like skill prediction causes people with bad ping to feel "forced" to download the mod to compete in high-end content. They're not entirely wrong, but I can mostly rationalize that because it causes your skills to behave as they would if you lived closer to the server and weren't victims of typical U.S. primetime routing. (If someone were to change it so that your skills behaved differently or even better than they would under good conditions, though, obviously that's different.)

The other thing I would add, though it's on a different note, is that anything that expressly undermines the game's F2P business model would also have to be "out." For example, things that allow you to access the bank/broker at will (without using Travelers Insurance or the T9 reward ability), or things that allow you to permanently wear cash shop costumes you didn't buy (even if it's just on your own screen). It's not that these aren't nice things... but it has to made available fairly to everyone or not at all, and some of these things are rightfully areas that are monetized. (This is important to me because, if the game's ability to make money off of cosmetic things and boosters goes down, it means they're going to start squeezing more on progression-impacting materials and pushing the line on pay-to-win, and I think that's bad for everyone in the end. I kinda sorta feel we're in that state already, to some degree.)


Honestly, though, in hearing people talk about this for a long while now, I feel like a good number in the community sort of instinctively "know" that, if ever there were any path to being officially sanctioned, this is the sort of area where the line would ultimately be drawn. Some of the "QoL" is just a bit too good to be officially-sanctioned, and I really feel like most people know it. Of course realizing that in your head and being able to resist taking the warm cookies just sitting there on the counter is a different story...

Anyway, obviously, that's just where I'd draw the line, and it doesn't necessarily mean that's what EME will declare as cheating/exploiting (and ban people for), so it's a fair question (though I do think a bit tricky to give a clear official answer on).
Zoknahal wrote: »
I do wonder who that P2W guy is

Just look at the post history for the past few months and don't fall for the trolling. This whole thread was just a joke, and then people think he's serious and then respond seriously, and drama ensues. A familiar refrain.
Well, now that things are seemingly calming down, people have apparently succeeded in completely turning the tables to the point where people can no longer tell who is actually on which side. I assume it's just because they're bored and want start even more drama.

But anyway, aside that... a lot of this conversation comes down to the nuance of the "grey zone" where all this stuff operates, and people constantly needing to cast people as either "all good" or "all evil" when the truth is messy. There's a difference between legality, ethics, and morality. All these conversations about "they're cheaters/hackers!" vs. "they're heroes/saints!" entirely miss the point. The good is mixed in with the bag by design, and you can't fully divorce it no matter how much you may want to. Sometimes, to do something arguably good, you have to do something technically illegal. Does that make it ethically or morally wrong? Do the ends justify the means? What are the unintended consequences (and should they have been expected)? There are no easy answers.

Whenever someone tries to carefully weave a tale that focuses only the good and downplays/dismisses all the bad/questionable, that's not entirely honest. But same way the other way around, too. It would be entirely dishonest to claim that the tools developed are only used for cheating/hacking, or that the intentions of those involved were only selfish. At the same time, it would be dishonest to ignore that the frameworks developed went a long way towards making the distribution of cheats/exploits easier and more efficient, and that some of the "accepted use cases" are probably well outside what many would consider "fair" (and some certainly beyond what EME/BHS as a business would consider "fair"). There's plenty of room for reasonable, nuanced debate and discussion if we can finally get past this false "angel" vs. "devil" dichotomy that constantly plagues these discussions, and allow all parties just to be normal fallible humans with nuanced and multiple (sometimes seemingly-conflicting!) motivations and actions.

I'm weary of these kinds of conversations, though, because there's a lot of a) one-sided propaganda, b) outright trolling, and c) flamebait. This thread has all three in abundance. That's why there's not going to be much progress made beyond... starting even more drama. Personally, I'm wiped out.
Solate wrote: »
Solate wrote: »
I agree with the OP.

Why buddy-codes that only apply only to people who haven’t played for 30days? I could give out buddy-up codes, but not every random person who takes my code will make it to 65, thus wasting my code.

It’s discouraging if I wanted to make an elin brawler (pretty sure I’ll get to 65) and I don’t get to exercise an add-on code, just because I login regularly. Don’t get it. In fact, shouldn’t EME be rewarding the existing active playerbase more right now?

They improved the wording of the news post now to be more clear also, but the event itself is for all. They just also beefed up the BuddyUp rewards at the same time as a permanent move going forward.

The level up event is actually not directly related to BuddyUp at all.


Thanks @Counterpoint. I know what you mean, but there is a difference here.

Buddy-up applies perfectly during normal times, when active players don't actively think about "leveling". And, returning/new players need some additional benefits to encourage them to play.

However, this is a leveling event promotion. "All new players or players returning to TERA after 30 days" will receive the buddyup! rewards. Active players (or those who stopped playing for 2-weeks -- isn't there a higher chance of reaching back to these people?) who are thinking of creating an elin brawler won't.

Oh, that's just how BuddyUp works in general, then, unrelated to this leveling event. I don't think there's any way for them to turn off BuddyUp just for the classes that already have some other leveling event going on at the same time.

Personally, I agree that I don't like that it sort of incentivizes people to take breaks before a new class launches to get the max buffs, and there's no way for active players to use it... but if there were a way for active players to use it, it'd be abused too. So basically, to fix that, you'd need to completely rework it.
Solate wrote: »
I agree with the OP.

Why buddy-codes that only apply only to people who haven’t played for 30days? I could give out buddy-up codes, but not every random person who takes my code will make it to 65, thus wasting my code.

It’s discouraging if I wanted to make an elin brawler (pretty sure I’ll get to 65) and I don’t get to exercise an add-on code, just because I login regularly. Don’t get it. In fact, shouldn’t EME be rewarding the existing active playerbase more right now?

They improved the wording of the news post now to be more clear also, but the event itself is for all. They just also beefed up the BuddyUp rewards at the same time as a permanent move going forward.
Pwhoops wrote: »
I recommend to post your traceroute to diag.enmasse.com. (Open cmd, then "tracert diag.enmasse.com") Almost certainly, something has happened in the routing between your ISP and the server's ISP. I've heard some other people tonight complaining of similar issues. Unfortunately, short of using a VPN to route around the "traffic jam" there's not much you can do (but most likely if you do use a VPN to route around it, your ping will be back to normal -- though you shouldn't have to do that, obviously).

What will showing Enmasse the traceroute do? This has been an on-going issues for years now, I'd say about 2 going into 3 years and there's yet to be a fix. I'm experiencing the same thing btw, OP.

It'll at least establish the specific paths that are having the problem so they can correlate. If there's enough correlating data, they might try switching to Savvis again to see if it changes the balance (though, then, others will be affected).

The other two options are: 1) move the servers to another datacenter (which is again kind of rolling the dice), or 2) EME trying to elevate to the routing providers through their server host (but the odds are about the same as if you called your own ISP to complain about a bad route, though more correlation the better).
I recommend to post your traceroute to diag.enmasse.com. (Open cmd, then "tracert diag.enmasse.com") Almost certainly, something has happened in the routing between your ISP and the server's ISP. I've heard some other people tonight complaining of similar issues. Unfortunately, short of using a VPN to route around the "traffic jam" there's not much you can do (but most likely if you do use a VPN to route around it, your ping will be back to normal -- though you shouldn't have to do that, obviously).
yuxz wrote: »
Forgot to mention, can anyone tell me how much it is? I'm not elite yet so I cannot see the price.

It's listed as 1495 EMP; it's a character-bound 290-speed flying mount that has the 1.5 crit buff.

As was said, you only have to be Elite to purchase it, and it's untradeable, so that's the only sense that makes it "exclusive." Once you buy it, though, it goes to item claim like any other item; you don't have to remain Elite to use it after that.
The event is both. There's a part of the event that's for everyone (regular level-up event):

"Each and every elin brawler who hits level 65 during this event earns a pile of rewards: cool pets, costumes, weapon skins, mounts, and footsteps—plus a full set of Twistshard gear, a Guardian Mask, and a Cleansing Brooch when you reach level 65, so you can dive even deeper into the game!"

Then there's a second additional part that's souped-up BuddyUp Rewards:

"Better still, if you help an elin brawler level up, you’ll also receive rewards, including BuddyUp! Codes, consumables, level 65 crafting materials, and up to 12 Strongbox Keys."

So basically the best combo is LevelUp+BuddyUp together, but even just LevelUp alone gets the core level up prizes. (I suspect they are hoping that, instead, you'll give out your BuddyUp code so you can get the inviter rewards.)

I would at least recommend trying to do a repair of your client (and make sure there are no other files interfering). Otherwise, you may need to do a reinstall. On a clean install, it should not do this.
ElinLove wrote: »
Guys, you 3 that are saying about Dressing Room, while it still IS relevant and helpful, you forgot the 1st part of OP's post:
OP found the costume for sale in Trade Broker and wants to use EMP to get gold. I mean nothing wrong on your posts, there was indeed questions about the Dressing Room and thus relevant but I think the most important part now shifted

Well, it only shifted because they thought it couldn't be purchased, so they had not choice. So I still think first is to check the store directly if it's there (since that's what they wanted to do in the first place). If it's not there, then they could go the route of selling EMP, as you and Maleficent pointed out. But if it's on the store, it may not be required.
As was said, which item is it? The list of what's currently sold is visible through the TERA Store link. Some other items are not on the store now (as they were either seasonal or are retired), but get brought back occasionally for special events. That said, if the costume you are looking for was going for 43k Gold, most likely it is not all that rare.
you know, instead of REMOVING pvp content, why not just add a new bg and keep the other around??? bigSIGH

Assuming this new map has the same base gameplay style as FWC, then the better way ultimately might be to have both maps in a single queue and have it either randomly choose a map or follow a map rotation schedule. That way you're not diluting the queues by splitting people over multiple maps. Yeah publishers could do a featured BG schedule as EME is doing, but at this point I'd try to do everything possible from the game's PoV to help people's queues be as fast as possible. Adding more and more BGs isn't going to help, unless you streamline the queues and just increase the map selection/variety (which I'd generally say is good).
owl4life wrote: »
The install went wrong or patch. The only way I was able to fix this was by completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I took a short break too and when I came back that was an issue I was having a well.

I've uninstalled a few times, same problem, what I have found, is when I log into the website and go to my profile its showing transfer character, now when I click on this it wont let me pick another server to transfer too this is what I get

Transfer error is normal - it's for server transferring between servers, and doesn't apply in this case.

Just to be sure, I would try deleting the file "Live2-Launcher.version" from your install folder and then restarting the launcher to see if that works. Otherwise, be sure to send your "launcher.log" file in your ticket and that will help the EME staff know what your specific computer is doing.
Assuming it isn't a patch server issue as hinted in the linked threads, most likely cause is that your launcher is too old to remain compatible with the patch servers, so you'd need to reinstall the launcher. You can do this by doing the basic download from the website and installing in a different folder. Then -- before starting the launcher to start the game download -- copy over the launcher files into your old folder. You can also do the reverse and copy your "Client" folder and "Game.version" + "EN.version" files from your old install to the new install.
clfarron4 wrote: »
DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
We don't need an announcement eme we need to test your patches because we can't trust you to report bugs anymore ._.
(also I've entered their test server and I have to say it's quite fun and refreshing to test this stuff knowing that everything I report will get the job done over there)

Except for the mass of incorrect English translations, which have to be submitted to EME for approval before the English can be used in any of the English builds.

And there are lots. Yesterday, I discovered that Warriors apparently have a skill that uses Punching, all credit to EME.

FWIW, neither of them do the translation, BHS does. Having received the translation from BHS, EME does editing and localization. The preview build will almost certainly be pre-localization at this point.
Jerichow wrote: »
tisnotme wrote: »
and these box's are back again till the end off month
sales must still be down for cash revenue

Or -- sadly, more likely -- they worked so well they decided to strike while the iron was hot.

I wish people didn't buy this and so it didn't encourage them, but from what I saw last time... my hope was in vain.

Agreed - but this is why companies like EA are willing to challenge entire governments in order to keep these practices going. People just cannot help themselves from that endorphin rush of opening a loot box, and EME wants every penny they can get their hands on as fast as they can get it. You know what they say, "A fool and his money are easily parted."

Yeah. Well, most likely they'd issue the legal challenge anyway just because they don't want the precedent of being not allowed to do whatever they want, but I know what you mean.

The only thing with a game like this vs. some EA juggernaut is that a game like this probably needs "fools," sadly. When it's the big EA games where you already buy the game upfront at full-price (or more for the premium editions) and then they try to make you keep paying indefinitely, it feels like nothing but "maximizing shareholder value." But here... someone's got to pay at some point. I truly wish we could have a game that was funded 100% by reasonably-priced direct-buy cosmetics and simple account services, but just not sure if it's possible for a niche game like TERA. As they try to take more lootbox items out of the box and put them up for direct sale, people eyes bug out with sticker shock, but technically speaking if you do the math on the RNG boxes it's objectively a better deal. So it shows just how much money they were making on the RNG boxes before. Seeing those big numbers upfront give a lot of people chills unless they are objective enough to compare it to the alternative -- but eliminate the alternative entirely...

Still doesn't make me happy about any of it though.
tisnotme wrote: »
and these box's are back again till the end off month
sales must still be down for cash revenue

Or -- sadly, more likely -- they worked so well they decided to strike while the iron was hot.

I wish people didn't buy this and so it didn't encourage them, but from what I saw last time... my hope was in vain.
Tsin wrote: »
I'm not sure why the dressing room lists VG credits as being used to attain credits - you cannot buy any cosmetics with VG credits. This may be a bug.
Vy1Vivi wrote: »
Vanguard Initiative credits have nothing to do with buying cosmetic items, so I'm not sure why they bother to show how many credits your character has.

Just to answer why this is, it's because in K-TERA (and maybe some other markets), their fashion coupon items are sold for Vanguard Rep Credits instead. And, because of that, you can buy these in-game skins directly from the Dressing Room using Vanguard Rep. Because our region (and EU) uses Fashion Coupons instead, it isn't compatible with the Dressing Room.
ElinLove wrote: »
For the sake of completeness, that wasn't always the case.
In my situation on Windows 10 older versions, the game would refuse to update itself, or sometimes even start more than the launcher, without administrator privileges. I do recall seeing this as a solution back then as well, not just my own trial and error.
Yes, it can OBVIOUSLY be some specific circumstances (I mean, I was a beta tester of Windows 10 and ran TERA on it), or "your case is unique", but, it doesn't change the fact that some installs out there are running in admin mode by need, be it previous or current.

Basically, this means that something else is wrong that was causing this trouble, and running as admin was a workaround. One such reason could be a permissions issue with one or more files/folders due to past installations or modifications (e.g. read-only config files, etc.), and so from that point on it wasn't possible to run/install without giving admin privileges unless you knew how to undo the block/past state.

Even today, it should be possible to undo this and make it so that the game doesn't need admin privileges on your machine... but it's hard to give generic instructions for this online. (Probably resetting all permissions on the TERA folder and all subfolders/files will work most of the time, but there could be complications.) It's a lot easier to tell people "just run as admin," and it works, so people stop troubleshooting at that point. That's also why some of EME's troubleshooting guides have that as one of things to try -- their concern is to get people's games up and running as fast as possible, and a lot of times this works even though in a "proper case" it is not required.

So basically, there is never a "need" to run the game as Admin... just a reality that this was the fastest way for some people to bypass whatever the unknown problem was in their case. So yeah, that is a reality for some people.

ElinLove wrote: »
Also, we can't ignore some few cases of people here that updated it really early on and got the system driver version of XIGNCODE3 installed. Thankfully they changed this and I don't have it, but can't ignore those cases.

Again, this would also only happen if they were running as Admin, so it's really the same issue as above.
Nopi wrote: »
There was also a rumor about programs like xigncode opening extra ports and making your system vulnerable to actual malicious programs. BUT, I have never seen any proof for this yet, and usually what is shown as proof, is usually proven to be something else. So for now, what xigncode will do is slow down your system a little bit while it checks it for specific cheat items to allow you safe entry into the login process. It is not interested in who you are or what yo do.

Regarding this issue, it is because when you run Xigncode with Admin privileges, it installs a system driver. At least certain versions of this system driver may have vulnerabilities. However, TERA NA does not ask for or require Admin privileges under normal circumstances. So your best bet there, regardless, is just to make the game not run as Admin. It reduces both the game's own access rights (which it doesn't need or normally request), and those of Xigncode, and the game should continue to work fine.

The problem with my answers is that people will say "well, even though it doesn't do that now, that doesn't mean they couldn't push some update in the future that changes how it works and could possibly make it do these things, and you won't know if they change it to do those things..." Like, no, I'm not a mind-reader and can't tell the future, but if they did change it do evil things it would have legal consequences for the distributor (like EME, NC Soft, Kakao Games EU, etc. etc.) But anyway...
HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
Is Xingcode3 a keylogger or better said does it scan/save data from the computer or the browser history and/or usernames/passwords used on various websites?

No, it does not log your keystrokes. It does not scan/save your data files, or look at your browser history. It does not decrypt the passwords you use on various websites (whether you store them in the browser itself, which uses the OS's encryption, or a key vault (as you probably should)). It looks for hashes of programs on its blocklist and scans memory for that, and scans of the file system are reserved to the game folder at this time.

Furthermore, so long as you do not run TERA as administrator (which you do not need to do in this region), it will not install a system driver or have any form of administrator access to your machine. When you close the game and the program stops, that's it.

HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
I am asking because i have Tera installed on one of the computers from my workplace which is actually a family business and sometimes i am playing when nothing really happens but the issue is that the computer is being used by several members from our family and for example i am now worried that my sister will get really angry if she will find out that there is actually a spyware(?) program installed and all her activity might be compromised including places visited and usernames/passwords ( not only that she is a laywer and she works with private clients but she also likes to buy a lot of stuff from amazon as example ).

Technically the other responses in this thread are correct in that it's more prudent to keep your work on personal files separate, and such practices are never a bad idea. However, if you're really going to take this risk that seriously, have you done an inventory of all the other installed/running programs that have similar or higher permissions (including may be required to run as administrator)? Are you and your sister careful about what you download and install in general, and the websites you visit? Do you keep your machine up-to-date with the latest security patches?

Particularly when you run the game as normally-configured (without admin privileges), the risk and attack surface created by Xigncode is probably less than a lot of the "bad habits" most users already have. That is not an excuse for more sloppiness or saying you shouldn't care. But you need to do an objective analysis of risks.

If your sister is a lawyer who works with private clients, she should probably take greater care of securing that data -- probably shouldn't even give you access to it, technically speaking. So I find it safe to say that TERA or Xigncode doesn't seem like the weakest link in the security chain by any means.

HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
But i can never trust a program which my antivirus considers a threat and sadly i have to give it a white flag to let it work meaning that Xingcode3 can do pretty much what it wants...

You should not give it a white flag permanently -- most AV makers are not false-flagging it, and those that are will probably fix their error. I would also suggest that you might also consider switching to better AV software, but up to you.

As I've said many times before, I do not think Xigncode is a useful program and do not agree with it being added. That being said, I also do not agree with some of the false information is spread about it to try to spread fear/panic, as this doesn't help anyone.
Ranse wrote: »
-- Are there expiration dates on these gifts? The Locked Fashion Strongbox says it is for Hallowe'en, but says nothing about when it expires.

For this one, the locked fashion strongbox has bonus Halloween items in it until November 13th. After that, the box will still exist, but the themed items will be removed from it. The Halloween items that are listed are in the news post here:

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/29493/keyed-to-win-halloween-hyperbox-available-now-until-november-6th

That being said, any of these themed items you receive from opening the strongboxes are permanent items.
Anyone fixed this, as my laptop just got the same thing ... or I'll just have to wait to get home and copy the whole thing from my desktop that works?

The most common reason for this error is because the game is starting an auto-repair and needs more disk space to complete (could be up to 45 GB free). If you're on a laptop, I'd bet that's the reason.

If you don't want to do the auto-repair, you might be able to use launcher.log to figure out what file is triggering it and just fixing/removing/replacing that one file separately.
SageWindu wrote: »
They still haven't fixed the scarf and cape glitch, after all.

The big problem is the difference between the bug being filed and BHS being willing to prioritize and fix the bug. Almost all the bugs that I know of the staff commented that they filed bugs with BHS about them, and oftentimes followed up on them too. The issue is that BHS hasn't fixed it. So even if they went into every thread and said "we filed the bug with BHS, the case number is <y>" -- when none of the bugs ever get fixed, people will think they're making it up. I wish BHS would just take a few patch cycles and do a "FIX TERA" campaign where they focus on bug fixes and optimization, but I assume they think there's no money in it.

Of course, this is talking about the bugs, and there are other issues too.
Ellexem wrote: »
I agree that they should bring back Kyra's so there's a way to earn in-game too.

That would mean that they need to give up their 'Featured Items' window for Kyra again, since that has taken over her old playground. I just find such a move exceedingly unlikely.

Well, they could just add a link inside the Featured Items window that goes to the Kyra page (they're both just web pages on the store). I don't think that would be what stops them, anyway.

Pierogi wrote: »
Pierogi wrote: »
First of all, you may not get a costume at all.

Just for like... maximum precision here: you're guaranteed to get an item from either Group A or B. If it's not a costume, it'll be the Elite voucher, the Footsteps, or the Pet Pack.

"A chance to receive an item from one of the following groups. You have a higher chance to get an item from group "B." (Note that the costume box you get may not be for your character's gender but will be tradeable.)"
Taken from the page in the shop.
So was I interpreting this wrong? It says you have a chance to receive an item, and the way it's phrased makes it sound to me like it's a chance at getting an item in general.

Yeah, it just means which item you receive from the groups is subject to chance. You won't open a box and sometimes only get the keys or anything like that.
[So, i readed all comments and i still in shock, i need to question this:

THEY REMOVED DAILY CALENDAR REWARDS?

Holy god what happened with the game in this few months

Daily Calendar Rewards are still there, but you have to access it from the Event menu in the new UI.
Pierogi wrote: »
First of all, you may not get a costume at all.

Just for like... maximum precision here: you're guaranteed to get an item from either Group A or B. If it's not a costume, it'll be the Elite voucher, the Footsteps, or the Pet Pack.

Not trying to defend it because I personally don't think it's worth it either. But just to be perfectly precise on what it is. The one (1) good thing I can say about this lootbox is that -- at least -- all the items are tradeable. It's golden gift boxes without the gifting (or the tier prizes), more or less.
Paige007 wrote: »
SageWindu wrote: »
Paige007 wrote: »
Right now I split my time between BDO and Tera and even though BDO costumes cost me like $30 bucks which everyone over there complains about, they look AMAZING and I know for $30 it's mine. I don't have to worry I will end up spending $200 RNG and walk away with the worst prizes possible from a loot box.

BDO also has it where the outfit is locked to the class rather than that specific character, right? So if you have a dark knight and you get bored of the current outfit you can sell it to another dark knight later?

Yes outfits are also by class like they are by Race/Gender in Tera. I don't know if Pearl Shop outfits are sellable as I never tried. I know they are if they are not bound to your character. Afterwards I'm honestly not sure. I'll have to check.

As far as I've seen, once bound to the character, they can't be traded. So in that sense, it's also like TERA.

If we're going to try to find something that they could conceivably do in this game, probably something more like BnS would be the model. (Can trade to alts on the same account for an incidental fee each time you move it around.)
YMWTH54PXG wrote: »
Did you guys know that on EU tera there are basically no costume lootboxes? And you can buy costumes directly from shot? :astonished:

They have some costumes (dyeable and non) in what are basically garment boxes. At that same time, you are right that they have more cosmetics available for direct sale.
MaiAura wrote: »
ryukomatoi wrote: »
I was hooping for it to come back :'(

It is back you just have to pay 20$ per play now. The halloween hyperbox contains the exact prizes that used to be in kyra's. Used to be able play Tera for an hour collect 5 catalyst and play Kyra's for one of the hyperbox items. But instead of wanting people to play they rather siphon money from any people who haven't already been pushed away by their greed.

Just to be a bit more precise... if all the accessories were in there too, plus a lot of other filler prizes, then maybe. Like any of the old-style lootboxes, most of the time Kyra's gave you "crap" but occasionally you could get something nice, and you could earn in game. I agree that they should bring back Kyra's so there's a way to earn in-game too. But the hyperbox isn't the same at all as what the 5 catalysts would have gotten you most of the time -- it's only the same as what you could have gotten if you won.
Maxmilian wrote: »
I dont understand how something is a noted bug but still gets shipped out anyway. We'll have to wait a week to a month to have it fixed lol. Nobody from our NA team has acknowledged it, or said anything about trying to fix it.

FWIW, they discussed on Discord both yesterday and today that we had to get the hotfix separately and it's coming very soon.
If it's expensive to just *rent* the costume, that'd ridiculous I can see why people would complain. However, if we get to actually buy them for that price and keep them permanently I don't see a reason to complain about 41$. Pretty sure dyeable costumes on EU run about the same amount.

It's also pretty ridiculous that the new costume is currently 3+ million in gold.

I think they just mean "rent" in the sense that it's only a video game and some day they'll close the servers (or some people could get banned), so in that sense it's a "rental" even though it's permanent for as long as the game is running.

Of course, that price follows the number one rule of costume trading: never buy on day one -- but yeah, the price for this one will be ridiculous regardless. It's time-limited and in a super-expensive lootbox, so I imagine it'll end up like the rare idol outfit from the new year.
LancerJiva wrote: »
WTB direct buy on the dyeable pixie costume
And even though people would likely have spent much more than that price if it had been in a lootbox, the number one complaint was direct buy prices were too expensive (due to "sticker shock").

I'd much rather spend 80$ buying the actual costume than 80$ at 4 chances for the costume and walking away with same trash non-dyeable costume 4 times over.

People were complaining that they were way too expensive at 4495 EMP (About $41 USD due to the buy bonus). But yeah, purely objectively speaking if you just want the costume, what you're saying would be the more logical view...

I was one of those people complaining about how much they cost. 41 dollars for 1 dress that you will never own, only renting, when I could buy 2 dresses for myself in real life. I feel like they could have been lower in price, dyable or not. 41 dollars for account bound outfits, I can see paying.

It's not that $41 is a good price for an in-game item (obviously it's too expensive), but it is when you compare it to lootboxes where the average spend to actually get the prize is $50-60+ (if not way more, since there's no cap), so it's worth the trade off in comparison. But the typical 150/195/250/295 EMP lootboxes mask that so people don't think about the total cost when the roll $2/3 at a time, so people probably actually spend more.

Now, this new lootbox this time... honestly, rather than being like Kyra's (as some suggested), it's actually a bit more like golden gift boxes (except without gifting but add the 20 keys). But the net effect is that, for people who just want the new costume, it's much, much more expensive to get and no cap. Basically the only feasible way is trade, but that depends on if a critical mass actually buy it, which seems doubtful to me...
People were complaining that they were way too expensive at 4495 EMP (About $41 USD due to the buy bonus). But yeah, purely objectively speaking if you just want the costume, what you're saying would be the more logical view...

41$ are you actually kidding me.. PEOPLE WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT THAT???? REALLY. Jesus... People really do need a reason to complain. There's been plenty of times where I've dropped 100$ on loot boxes and walked away with 0 dyeable costumes and 0 accessories. I wish the 41$ costume buy was an option then. Holy.

Yep... I agree with you, and most people who have done the "lootbox chase" with real cash in this game (and thus been burned) would most likely feel the same way. But somehow...
This was a thread from back in April, but best thing to do if you still have the problem today (and /reset doesn't work) is to send in a support ticket.
LancerJiva wrote: »
WTB direct buy on the dyeable pixie costume
And even though people would likely have spent much more than that price if it had been in a lootbox, the number one complaint was direct buy prices were too expensive (due to "sticker shock").

I'd much rather spend 80$ buying the actual costume than 80$ at 4 chances for the costume and walking away with same trash non-dyeable costume 4 times over.

People were complaining that they were way too expensive at 4495 EMP (About $41 USD due to the buy bonus). But yeah, purely objectively speaking if you just want the costume, what you're saying would be the more logical view...
I personally agree with you, and have made this same complaint for years (failure cap + posted odds, at least...). But they did try what you're asking earlier this year and released a number of dyeable costumes as direct-buy for a premium price (taken out of lootboxes). And even though people would likely have spent much more than that price if it had been in a lootbox, the number one complaint was direct buy prices were too expensive (due to "sticker shock"). So it looks like they've moved back to putting things in lootboxes again -- although this current one is an unusual new style.
It means it's not a smartbox -- you just get one of the items in the list. Most of the items in the list are female-only or male-only. If you happen to get the dyeable pixie costume, that one is a smartbox.

Basically, it's a really weird box. You're buying 20 strongbox keys + a random prize.
HitokiriXD wrote: »
No the points that count for the laurels were the same still for me, and the points needed was changed to 680 until diamond again. Now its 2270 it was already changed if the dungeons not being added yet was the reason then why did it show 680 to diamond not 1200 to champ still. I did all achievements but dungeons and im on 134 of 276 and im 2280 from diamond .

This was changed deliberately in today's patch (after changing a few weeks ago). They posted the new thresholds here:
https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/29350/new-achievement-season-is-live-update-october-16-season-9-has-begun/p1
Maulclaw wrote: »
Can one attach numbers / letters to those or are they like most MMOs out there (SWTOR comes to mind) where it's needed to click it with a mouse?

You can assign hotkeys to those extra slots, thankfully.
TsukasaKun wrote: »
Still missing from EU and RU, at least, so not entirely "fleet-wide".

Just for clarity, I meant fleet-wide for EME (Closers, Kritika, TERA PC). Though, yeah, it is in many of the other TERA regions as well, though not all.

TsukasaKun wrote: »
I, too, would encourage people not to run anything as admin unless absolutely necessary. But it doesn't help that EME's own support page suggests it as effectively the first thing to try after rebooting (which is the standard thing to try with any Windows issue) when getting error 000a:0000 ("Insufficient Memory"), or when support tickets/forum replies suggest either turning off your AV entirely and/or running as admin for certain things.

I agree with you in principle, though I also know the difficulty in trying to troubleshoot nuanced issues in general instructions. In an ideal world, someone could help the user troubleshoot an issue without relying on these quick "try this and see if it works" sort of shortcuts. But the shortcuts often bypass the issue and get the user up and running again quickly, so I see why it's there.
TsukasaKun wrote: »
No positives and only many negatives. There's no reason to keep it and every reason to get rid of it.

Trust me, that's what I told them too (given that it stops nothing, adding it was pointless and caused more drama than it's worth). Still, I suspect they won't remove it since it's now deployed "fleet-wide."

Also, since the game doesn't require admin privileges to run, I encourage people to not run as admin and therefore not have it install the system driver. As you say, TERA NA does not require it.
TsukasaKun wrote: »
Takerinus wrote: »
Asking myself the same question. Couldnt found any xhunter files on my sys folder as awell as registry, but stil.. Too bad that caali's bypass went down

This appears to be because Xigncode can't add xhunter1.sys without having administrator rights. If you don't run the launcher as admin, the game won't launch as admin, and Xigncode won't be able to install the system-level explo--I mean part of itself. Strangely still "works" fine despite that... almost as if xigncode3 doesn't do anything of value in NA.

If it actually did do "something of value," I have a feeling people would complain even louder, so maybe a mixed blessing... But anyway, all it seems to do at the moment is look for certain flagged running processes and check the hash of the game files.
Ketoth wrote: »
buffons wrote: »
If you want actual detailed patch notes with as little errors as possible, look to the Gameforge forums. EME can't even put out patch notes properly even though they're a direct sub of BHS.

GF didnt post the patch notes 75 yet. even being released there more than 5 days ago

FWIW, they did, it was just not linked properly in the Patch Notes section. In our region, they seem to be posting the notes the morning of maintenance now.
DeusFurta wrote: »
HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
AVG Antivirus just updated and then Xingcode3 started to give a fatal error and not open the game anymore until i have disabled AVG completely.

xigncode walks like a virus, talks like a virus, acts like a virus, looks like a virus.. but it's okay it's not a virus! that's the eme guarantee!

And it's illegal in Europe due to failing GDPR standards...

It's not. Multiple EU publishers still use it right now (see BDO and BnS in EU). Some have suggested that there may be additional laws in Germany that are specific to there, but it's not GDPR, anyway.
Starkhoe wrote: »
Honestly, I find your calling me out like this for a statement made 14 months ago kind of creepy. I don't need to be used as some weird pawn in this childish "look at how powerful we are for making EME kneel" posturing, and you could have made your point just as well without it. I hope that they develop an actual solution that addresses the problem one way or another. That's all I want to worry about right now.

@counterpoint you are thinking too much into this. I simply have a good memory and I was bored. So in order to pass my time I felt like using you as an example in the current subject. I didn't call you a "pawn" but if you insist sure, why not. I could play along. You are one of the more clever fellows here after all, and you are a council member. So if I would continue with what you suggested, then, in a way, you do kind of represent something. So you wouldn't just be "a pawn", you would be a good one. Some people here do in fact look at you for answers and sometimes even technical support. Quite a disposition if you ask me, all things considered. So... yeah showing people that you were wrong and that EME was wrong, does make a statement. Thats poetic. I`m impressed. Thanks! :lol:

Somehow you made it even more creepy. Could you please just leave me out of this?
SageWindu wrote: »
Can someone with less inhibitions tell the CM to pester EME to get better datacenters so people wouldn't rely on outside s**t, for f**k's sake?!

Where they gonna go? Every MMO I play has a contingent of players who have to use a VPN to get stable ping -- it's why WTFast, Mudfish, and the like are so well-known. TERA in particular is extremely ping-sensitive, as we know, and U.S. infrastructure is insufficiently-built. They can move all the servers to some other data center, but I doubt it will solve it. They tried the test data center a while ago (different provider, different location) and it was basically 50/50 on helping vs. hurting. It doesn't help that we have a significant population playing from all over the world (Europe, South America, etc.) that have to deal with crossing the ocean (etc.). So no matter what they do, there will still be a lot of people who will have to rely on "outside s**t" to feel like they have to play the game "as it was meant to be played."

I will definitely pass the message along and ask if they can look at metrics for lag/congestion at the entry to the datacenter, but I can say that in the past when I've done tests related to this issue, usually I was able to show that using a VPN could workaround the lag, which suggests it's routing more than datacenter. That doesn't mean it isn't some of both, though. In the end, they can try to switch it, but I'm not sure there's anything they can go in the U.S. that will really solve it.
Starkhoe wrote: »
It is as I have said along time ago: when all is said and done, even the smart ones and the people who are truly helpful cannot change this level of powerlessness at the face of the possible consequences of taking action against proxies. Isn't that right, Counterpoint? ;)

Honestly, I find your calling me out like this for a statement made 14 months ago kind of creepy. I don't need to be used as some weird pawn in this childish "look at how powerful we are for making EME kneel" posturing, and you could have made your point just as well without it. I hope that they develop an actual solution that addresses the problem one way or another. That's all I want to worry about right now.
tisnotme wrote: »
Hexagram wrote: »
I deleted it, turned off admin priveledges for the client and it threw a game execution error saying the files may be corrupt. Re-enabled admin mode and it reinstalled the xhunter1 file as a weird quirk the game did seem to load faster with the new file as opposed to the constantly overwritten one.
So weird. I'm sure there's some explanation, but I'm not sure at this point why it has different behaviour for different people.

I have it , ive deleted it and it comes back
I originally thought it was to do with Kritika as I think back when I joined that game they had the other version of Xingcode but ive not opened or updated that game in ages

Yeah, it seems like it recreates itself if you start the launcher as Admin, and other games that use XIGNCODE and start their launcher with Admin rights (BDO, BnS, etc.) will create it. But it is at least possible, under normal circumstances, to run the game without Admin rights, and then it won't install it. (When you install TERA via Steam, for example, it doesn't need Admin rights, and that should also be the case with the normal launcher install.) But when you've been running the game as Admin all this while, you might have to reset permissions on the files/folders to be able to back to non-Admin mode.
Hexagram wrote: »
I deleted it, turned off admin priveledges for the client and it threw a game execution error saying the files may be corrupt. Re-enabled admin mode and it reinstalled the xhunter1 file as a weird quirk the game did seem to load faster with the new file as opposed to the constantly overwritten one.

So weird. I'm sure there's some explanation, but I'm not sure at this point why it has different behaviour for different people.

Hexagram wrote: »
As an aside, i would like to see it self purge itself when the game closes.

Yeah, in principle it could track if it created the file when launching and, if so, try to delete it upon closing. At least that way it won't automatically delete another game's version (if you have multiple Xigncode games).


Edit: Okay, so I've figured part of it out, but not all of it. If you decide to run the launcher (and thus the game) as Administrator, it will install the file. By default, though, the game does not run as Administrator and does not ask for it, so it won't install the file. But, at least for me here, all I had to do was delete the file and then *not* start the Launcher as Administrator, and it was back to normal -- didn't throw any game execution error or talk about corrupt files, and no xhunter1.sys. So what I don't is why it's giving you this corrupt error in that case.
Hexagram wrote: »
Hexagram wrote: »
Gatokatzen wrote: »
vkobe wrote: »
when you will remove tera from your computer ;)

Nope xingcode remaining and still running , looking in your C process folder and looking for a process called xhunter1 even uninstalled xincode won’t leave

FWIW, our implementation doesn't do that. Some other regions/games seem to.

Answer to OP, of course, I expect never.

Excalibre wrote: »
Any ways to make it load faster? It takes 5 minutes to run so that I can get into the game.

Serious answer would be: Is the game installed on an SSD? In that case it should load in less than 15 seconds.

Sometimes things don't affect you but they do others.

https://imgur.com/a/tQowmN1
That's the day xigncode went live.

What version of Windows are you running and what security configuration do you have on the account? Do you run the game with Admin rights?

I've tried various things to reproduce this, but haven't seen it show up yet. Clearly there's some way, I guess.

It's windows 10 that was upgraded from 7. Security? mostly whatever microsoft catches real time, cloud delivered and automatic sample submission are on and avoiding phishing emails and shady websites. The game application called TL has admin rights in the tera folder.

I guess maybe it's because of the admin rights? Or maybe it was just a quirk of the original version on launch day that since changed?

I wonder what would happen if you tried just deleting the .sys file now and if you removed admin rights from TL.exe. Presumably it wouldn't be able to re-create itself, anyway. In general terms, anyway, it does not seem to be needed.
TsukasaKun wrote: »
Hexagram wrote: »
Gatokatzen wrote: »
vkobe wrote: »
when you will remove tera from your computer ;)

Nope xingcode remaining and still running , looking in your C process folder and looking for a process called xhunter1 even uninstalled xincode won’t leave

FWIW, our implementation doesn't do that. Some other regions/games seem to.

Answer to OP, of course, I expect never.

Excalibre wrote: »
Any ways to make it load faster? It takes 5 minutes to run so that I can get into the game.

Serious answer would be: Is the game installed on an SSD? In that case it should load in less than 15 seconds.

Sometimes things don't affect you but they do others.

https://imgur.com/a/tQowmN1
That's the day xigncode went live.

What version of Windows are you running and what security configuration do you have on the account? Do you run the game with Admin rights?

I've tried various things to reproduce this, but haven't seen it show up yet. Clearly there's some way, I guess.

From what I understand, the initial release of Tera's xigncode (back when it was still in .pem) had an inconsistent chance of tossing xhunter1.sys and using it. The new bundled one... I'm not sure if that still installs/uses it. It seemed entirely random who did or didn't get xhunter1.sys before so it's difficult to be sure now.

Yeah, that could easily explain why I can't reproduce it now, unless there's still some combination that does it.
Hexagram wrote: »
Gatokatzen wrote: »
vkobe wrote: »
when you will remove tera from your computer ;)

Nope xingcode remaining and still running , looking in your C process folder and looking for a process called xhunter1 even uninstalled xincode won’t leave

FWIW, our implementation doesn't do that. Some other regions/games seem to.

Answer to OP, of course, I expect never.

Excalibre wrote: »
Any ways to make it load faster? It takes 5 minutes to run so that I can get into the game.

Serious answer would be: Is the game installed on an SSD? In that case it should load in less than 15 seconds.

Sometimes things don't affect you but they do others.

https://imgur.com/a/tQowmN1
That's the day xigncode went live.

What version of Windows are you running and what security configuration do you have on the account? Do you run the game with Admin rights?

I've tried various things to reproduce this, but haven't seen it show up yet. Clearly there's some way, I guess.
Ginjitsu wrote: »
En Masse cashing-in while they can with LOOT BOXES; I wonder what will happen to games that heavily rely on whales to keep games alive.

Could we please bring back subscription MMOs? No...? >_> (I do actually know that P2P isn't sustainable for most games anymore, and F2P brings a lot of players who couldn't otherwise afford to play. I'm only being half-serious.)

Inevitably F2P seem to have no way except to get closer and closer to P2W as time goes on. TERA is still relatively balanced, but it keeps creeping forward one step at a time. In other regions they're many steps ahead.

It'd be nice to believe in the "cosmetics-only" dream, but I really feel like they ran out of creativity there, and in the end most people only needs so many costumes/mounts/etc. (Particularly now that they started with the stats on mounts, it renders the other ones basically useless...)

I definitely believe part of it is the "happy customers are happy spenders" problem (and a lot aren't happy), and I know there are other games that have found another way that works for them, but who knows. I hope the industry finds a way out of this current trap before it keeps getting worse.


Gatokatzen wrote: »
vkobe wrote: »
when you will remove tera from your computer ;)

Nope xingcode remaining and still running , looking in your C process folder and looking for a process called xhunter1 even uninstalled xincode won’t leave

FWIW, our implementation doesn't do that. Some other regions/games seem to.

Answer to OP, of course, I expect never.

Excalibre wrote: »
Any ways to make it load faster? It takes 5 minutes to run so that I can get into the game.

Serious answer would be: Is the game installed on an SSD? In that case it should load in less than 15 seconds.
TYoung11 wrote: »
It's not one dg, it's every dg (and Battleground). All it does is increase the base mats pool by letting people play the game without having to grind mind-numbing content just for the base mats.

In the end, all this really comes down to some really basic assumptions that need to be questioned:

1) How many hours of gameplay should it take for a player to achieve gear necessary to enter/clear all content? To achieve BiS gear?

2) Are players going to continue to have reasons to keep playing the game once they achieve those gear thresholds?

3) How many percentage of players want to actively play alts vs. those who want to focus 100% on their main?


It seems to me like all the decisions in this region about gear progression are because someone somewhere must have thought that players who achieve BiS will stop playing the game. (Possibly based on evidence from past gear cycles?) Also someone must have thought that most people only want to play their mains and don't want to play alts (or won't bother gearing more than their main). So basically all the decisions about progression here seem to be about making the road for gearing as long and grindy as possible for a single character, and then keep on extending it further so people will "always have something to do" (lest they quit).

But I think there are actually a lot of other people for whom the game only really starts once they get competitive gear, so for these people what they want is the opposite: make it faster/easier to gear up, make it more beneficial to gear alts, and provide more content to do once you're fully-geared. Which is exactly what a different global region of the game is doing. It's a totally different approach for MMO end-game.


All of the problems seem to come down to this fundamental base-level philosophy about how people play TERA.
Re: 3, personally the way I would do it instead would be to add those items to the Reward Emporium (it needs to be updated anyway) and give people rewards of Points & Credits as part of their Elite. That way people can pick their prizes. But that notwithstanding, I think the idea is pretty good; it's a sort of loyalty rewards program for Elite subscribers.
NDNDP6MH3P wrote: »
Amusing, an AV flags a rootkit and no one asks questions.
In fact, these AVs have all the freedom in the world to flag it, as that kind of malware is considered illegal in an increasing amount of places.

For whatever the flaws are with this software (the fact that it doesn't actually seem to solve anything chief among them), you can't be a rootkit when you don't have root. The launcher doesn't request or need admin privileges to launch the game or run Xigncode, it doesn't install a driver (which would need admin privileges), and doesn't keep running in the background. Plus, this software isn't illegal anywhere -- it's actively used by multiple EU publishers for Korean F2P titles today. You can check all these yourself if you don't believe me (in a controlled environment if you're concerned). It's better for people to dislike the software for truthful and still-valid reasons, which are still plentiful.

Most likely, it is getting wrongly-flagged because of the way BHS tries to "obscure" the EXE, which has also caused TERA itself to be wrongly-flagged by a variety of antivirus makers in the past.
FWIW, I did check myself in my banks and still had the Jadeheart skill books. I did also have some blank slots, but in my case those were the go-karts (which we know were purposefully removed). But who knows what weird mysteries there may still be.
Zoknahal wrote: »
they already paid too much to get the contract for a garbage anti cheat software, to remove it because the players constantly report issue with it.

Eh, I doubt they paid much if anything. It was almost certainly chosen just because a) that's the one BHS has working with TERA (in K-TERA and J-TERA), and b) that's the one all their other games were already using. That's probably also why they see no pressing need to remove it either, for better or worse. Using a different tool increases support costs (plus easier to have a single vendor), and using the same tool won't typically introduce new kinds of issues you didn't already have experience dealing with. If they decide it's useless, it's more likely they'd move to something else across the whole slate of products. I'm not saying this because I like the tool (I don't) or think it was worth adding (it wasn't), but just being realistic about what the likely reasons are.

Anyway, most likely the Avast thing will impact other games that use it too, so likely will be fixed soon.
Melyodis wrote: »
what was her job before being promoted to our CM and well according to the stream she eme community manager not tera pc community manger did i miss something wth damn so tera pc has no community manager wow. 7 months of doing what she been cm for fo how much months now one guess or two but anyway that stream is messed up tera pc has no CM.

It's because she's being the spokesperson for all the games in that stream, so they're showing the Community Manager title in general. If someone else were featured on the stream that week, they'd probably also be labeled "EME Community Manager." They're trying to pitch that stream as a general news show covering all EME games.
Nopi wrote: »
Actually, what they did in BnS was to remove the upgradeable gear you get at the start of the game, and now the quests just give you blue rarity gear from the dungeons. So the leveling is a tad faster only because you don't need to farm the dungeons to upgrade the old weapon
FWIW, that's just one of the many leveling simplifications they made over the years. The XP increase for MSQ was another, along with giving away the rare soulshields, etc. In any case, it's really off-topic here except to say that, in composite, the effect is mostly the same -- can level from 1 to cap now basically just doing MSQ, whereas you couldn't really do it before without side-quests or dungeons.

Nopi wrote: »
As for what's done in Tera, I personally would have addressed the travel issue by adding camp teleport scrolls given to the player when doing the story quest of the place. I would streamline a few quests so there's only a camp per area and lowered the amount of yellow quests so people don't feel overwhelmed. But I would have still allowed people to run through the whole map so the areas do not look like wasted space as they are now. This is how the 60-65 portion works. People feel progress there and are not stuck in a single camp for too long. Yet you get to see the whole of the area while leveling up. At least that's how it was last time I played... Hopefully it's still the same?

Both Stepstone and the level 60-65 areas are definitely appropriately optimized for the pace they want people to level and the flow of quests. Obviously, the rest of the open world wasn't. I do agree it would be nice if they could go back and redo it all, it'd be a fair bit of work. At this point, I think they are mostly just trying to prepare different types of content for people to do in end-game instead (and no matter what, it still isn't enough to stop people from getting bored -- well, besides the problem our region has with rewards as well).
Nopi wrote: »
One of the reasons why Tera's leveling has been shortened was because apparently many players (I assume in Korea because no way such a change could come from any other region) complained about a slow leveling system (meanwhile BnS retains it's leveling mostly intact minus dungeons, and nobody cares), so they decided to do what was done to it.

Ehh, I'm pretty sure people from all the regions including ours were generally in favour of shortening that process, though maybe not the exact way they did it.

Leveling a character back at launch was extremely slow and tedious, particularly when you got to around the mid-30s/early-40s. A ton of people just abandoned the game at that point. The one saving grace was that, at the very beginning, there were a lot of others leveling in the same zones so you could form BAM parties. That at least broke it up and allowed you to split your time between quests, dungeons, and BAMs. But once the initial cohort was gone, you couldn't really form BAM parties anymore, so it was basically just quests and dungeons (until they added level 30 Corsairs).

It's one thing to go through that leveling process once, but if they wanted people to keep creating more characters for the new classes, a lot of people wouldn't have wanted to go through that slog again. I assume that's why Reaper started at 50 (really 58), and shortly thereafter they streamlined the leveling process for the other classes.

The few points I might make is that the MSQ content is undertuned given everyone has avatar weapons, MSQ now involves too much travel so wastes a lot of time (so despite giving massive blocks of EXP, it's still not the most efficient way), and that I would have left some party-BAMs just so that people who still wanted the BAM party experience (or a challenging solo experience) could have it. But in the end... I might do the original leveling process once again for the nostalgia, but I really don't think I'd want to do that on all my alts anymore.

Nopi wrote: »
(meanwhile BnS retains it's leveling mostly intact minus dungeons, and nobody cares)

FWIW, BnS did almost exactly the same thing as TERA did: they provided more powerful weapons automatically as you level, and made it so you could make it all the way to level cap by just following the main story quests (ignoring the side-quests). As a result, the leveling process is much faster now than it was at launch. Main difference I would say is that their MSQ is a bit more fleshed out, so the leveling process doesn't feel quite as trivialized as it feels in TERA... but the core of what they did is very similar in both games.
Pwhoops wrote: »
If you would pay any attention to what I’m saying and stop babbling nonsense you’d know that I literally said “the thread is only a year old, but the issue has been ongoing for over 2 years.”
I could go back and dig up official threads about it from 2016 if you’d like, but unless you ask me to I won’t cause lazy :v

FWIW, their provider is dual-homed, and they have two choices: Savvis or Zayo. At various times, they've tried swapping between these two options, and it helped/hurt different groups of people. I am betting they could try switching to Savvis again and seeing what happened -- it might solve it for you, but I'm pretty sure we'd then get a different group complaining (as happened past times). If they changed server locations and thus were on different backbone(s), that would probably also change things up, but it's rolling the dice.

That isn't to say that all the problems are routing by any means. But the problems that thread you noted is referring to are.
MajHavok1 wrote: »
I had a perma cart and jade dragon taken and only go two temp mount tokens...why? They were both perma mounts... :'(
MajHavok1 wrote: »
I had a perma cart and jade dragon taken and only go two temp mount tokens...why? They were both perma mounts... :'(
Damn you're right, my permanent Jadehearts are also gone and got just some temp tokens. :#
Ticket sent.

Were this skill books or actually learned mounts? Jadehearts weren't impacted by this, so might if it's the skill books, they might have disappeared for some other reason.
For me it was strange to see showcase of already existing apex classes, but I did just skip though video. Then rewind to around 18 minutes into second video, confusion was cleared, as KTC stats this time they'll be showcasing "old" apex classes and "new" classes will be theme for next stream.
Maybe an attempt to build hype, in any case, their stream, their rules.

Yeah, you're right -- it was also repeated here:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/320436289?t=23m59s

I think it was just confusing to people that they showed the old classes and they missed the explanation why (and if it was pre-recorded, that might explain why they didn't interrupt the stream to explain again). They said there'd be another stream the new apex classes, and this was just a recap.
Was the recording even done live, or pre-recorded? If it was pre-recorded, that would explain this issue.
You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.