TERA Online forum archive
Posts by canikizu
Khernz wrote: »
1792 talents per hour and a half spent with only 4 alts. The problem isnt talents. Its the mass influx of players with worthless gold from MCAs that want to just buy talents from broker. On the otherhand, silver talents are indeed a problem.
At 90g per, that's 160k for 1.5h of farming. It's very profitable, but people don't want to do it because it's "boring". Gold talent problem is fine, it's based on supply and demand. If they are lazy to farm, then they should pay whatever the price it is on broker.
EarsUp wrote: »
The real question is when new patch arrives and Heroic gear requires 244plate each attempt to upgrade to, where will the talent prices fly to
Heroic gear requires untradable, unbankable mats, and give you a stupidly low chance to successfully enchant. By the time you have enough new mats to enchant, Gold Talents will be your least of the problems. The bottleneck won't be gold talents.

The reason gold talents is rising right now because people are stocking up, and RRHM is too easy to clear, so people are able to get their essense andd gear pass +7 easier. It's a typical gear wrap-up phrase at the end of every gear patch where untradable mats are made avaiable easier.
McOnosRep wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »

They may suspect that the rewards counters were the thing making the issue.

Mnnn - actually I always get terrible lag in dungeons when the guild quests are collected after being completed. Maybe it is related to that?

You always get lag when quests are claimed or newly received. Think of the lag you get from daily reset, daily elite reset, guild quest claim, vanguard quest claim, weapon switching and causing your ilvl change and reset new quests. That's just how Tera was written.

When you claim a valentine quest, for example 5, 10, 30, 50 bams, a quest is claimed and a new quest (100 bams) is received. It would be fine if there's only one person; but there were so many people claiming small quests in such short amount of time, and it made the lag bad.
canikizu wrote: »
canikizu wrote: »
The reason they changed it has nothing to do with server lag. It has to do with the fact that they think in their minds giving us the amount below 500 is too many rewards especially when we are doing the event on multiple characters. The fact that this wasn't even considered before they released the event is BEYOND ME.. Not to mention. i am getting real sick and tired of events giving out minuscule rewards as it is.. like how is this event going to give a huge advantage to anyone even if they did it on multiple characters?!?!?! You can only get 8 rewards or so on each character? LOL.. So instead lets reduce it to ONE.. Smart idea... NOT.. 20 minutes ago there was a hundreds of players standing around where I am at.. and now I see a handful. Enmasse you officially killed this event, and once again thanks for changing an event half way through. You guys do this all the time and it appeases the players who got to start early while screwing others that started later. 500 per character for a strongbox key and a potential additional reward which isn't that great is a WASTE OF TIME!
Actually it does affect the server. EU Tera has the same event right now and they also had to turn it off.

That being said, 500 bams for 2 keys and a random reward is not worth it

It makes no sense at all to change any kill amount or even remove the kill amounts below 500 since everyone has to get to 500 anyway for this one reward. SO how would that reduce the lag on the server by removing the amounts below but keeping a higher number? People essentially would still be farming regardless!! LOL Now, If the purpose of this change was to kill this event they were successful in doing so.. now that its a waste of time and all.
If i have to guess, I think it's the way of BHS designed the interface and database query.

Do you notice that you can only see 4 quests at one time (5/10/30/50)? and when you claim the 5bam quests, the 100 quest will appear with the kill count as 0/100. I think it is because that quest was just autogenerated from server at the spot. So basically server had to process more queries than usual in a short amount of time to generate new quests. Think of it like the lag we usually ahve when daily elite reset, but a smaller scale, but last forever since people keep claiming and generating new quests.

Yeah I guess if you put it that way.. but how much lag would querying additional pop up quests after completing one be? Also why would they keep the 500 amount instead of a lower amount such as 100? I still think the intention was to slow down rewards and to deter people from running the event on their alt characters.
Because 100 is too small of a number, and people can reach it super fast ( can do 12 alts a day, and afk the next 2 days). Also you might still see the server lag with 100 since it's relatively fast, it might not as serious for open world, but people in dungeons will still hate it so much. So either they went 100, still feel lag, and increase to 200, and still lag, and increase to 300 etc, they went straight to safe number of 500. 500 is a very conservative number.

Don't get me wrong, I dont like it either and i hope they change reward, cuz I'm not doing it.
canikizu wrote: »
The reason they changed it has nothing to do with server lag. It has to do with the fact that they think in their minds giving us the amount below 500 is too many rewards especially when we are doing the event on multiple characters. The fact that this wasn't even considered before they released the event is BEYOND ME.. Not to mention. i am getting real sick and tired of events giving out minuscule rewards as it is.. like how is this event going to give a huge advantage to anyone even if they did it on multiple characters?!?!?! You can only get 8 rewards or so on each character? LOL.. So instead lets reduce it to ONE.. Smart idea... NOT.. 20 minutes ago there was a hundreds of players standing around where I am at.. and now I see a handful. Enmasse you officially killed this event, and once again thanks for changing an event half way through. You guys do this all the time and it appeases the players who got to start early while screwing others that started later. 500 per character for a strongbox key and a potential additional reward which isn't that great is a WASTE OF TIME!
Actually it does affect the server. EU Tera has the same event right now and they also had to turn it off.

That being said, 500 bams for 2 keys and a random reward is not worth it

It makes no sense at all to change any kill amount or even remove the kill amounts below 500 since everyone has to get to 500 anyway for this one reward. SO how would that reduce the lag on the server by removing the amounts below but keeping a higher number? People essentially would still be farming regardless!! LOL Now, If the purpose of this change was to kill this event they were successful in doing so.. now that its a waste of time and all.
If i have to guess, I think it's the way of BHS designed the interface and database query.

Do you notice that you can only see 4 quests at one time (5/10/30/50)? and when you claim the 5bam quests, the 100 quest will appear with the kill count as 0/100. I think it is because that quest was just autogenerated from server at the spot. So basically server had to process more queries than usual in a short amount of time to generate new quests. Think of it like the daily elite reset, but a smaller scale, but last forever since people keep claiming and generating new quests.
The reason they changed it has nothing to do with server lag. It has to do with the fact that they think in their minds giving us the amount below 500 is too many rewards especially when we are doing the event on multiple characters. The fact that this wasn't even considered before they released the event is BEYOND ME.. Not to mention. i am getting real sick and tired of events giving out minuscule rewards as it is.. like how is this event going to give a huge advantage to anyone even if they did it on multiple characters?!?!?! You can only get 8 rewards or so on each character? LOL.. So instead lets reduce it to ONE.. Smart idea... NOT.. 20 minutes ago there was a hundreds of players standing around where I am at.. and now I see a handful. Enmasse you officially killed this event, and once again thanks for changing an event half way through. You guys do this all the time and it appeases the players who got to start early while screwing others that started later. 500 per character for a strongbox key and a potential additional reward which isn't that great is a WASTE OF TIME!
Actually it does affect the server. EU Tera has the same event right now and they also had to turn it off.

That being said, 500 bams for 2 keys and a random reward is not worth it
Even in Ktera server, which has higher population, more grinders, and patches last longer than us, golden talent is like 12-14g there. Golden talent in NA is just undervalued because of events. There will be more events in the future for sure, just wait for it.
Ardire wrote: »
Ponilover wrote: »
i like how u ppl still think we're getting awakening
cuz we won't
at most we'll get changes to the existing skills like new glyphs and skill chains for lancers

interesting take. you wanna elaborate?

the community is already aware we're basically playing two entirely different games with the lack of the talent system so to not bring over awakening to NA would be a pretty cruel and blatantly rude nail in the coffin imo

Because NA isn't the only region that don't have talents. EU, RU, JP, TW, CH and Thailand don't have it too, yet they don't complain as much as us. NA isn't favorite child, not by a long shot. Unless all other regions also voice their concerns at the same time, this post will go nowhere.
You CAN'T simply activate whatever you want. That's not how programming works. Of course when BHS ship the game, they ship the talent system also because it's part of the software. There are no sane developers that remove part of their codes off and develop different versions of the same game for 2 different regions. That's a developer's nightmare. That is why we still have all the other features, such as Baldera, old IOD, old dungeons (DS, CW, FoK, etc you name it), Stamina, etc. Those features are still in the game, they are just hidden and deactivated and there's no way to turn them on without touching codes. So it's not a surprise that you can find Talent system in our package version.

Talent system is only available in KTera, no matter how much whining we NA want. Other regions, such as EU, CH, TW, RU, JP don't have it either, and yet you don't see them whining as much. Sure we have classes that UP because they don't have talents, but even with talents, you will still have classes that underpower anyway, there're always classes that are weaker than other regardless.

Also, Talent grinding isn't like gear xp grinding. It's more like Tera Reward+XP grinding. It's server-wide. You can't just finish your VG quests and get talent xp from there. You literally have to go out and kill bams, each bams give xp. So you have to afk/macro at IoD bams to farm daily. IIRC when the system just came out, somebody said if you want to get 150 level of talents from VG alone, you have to farm the same amount of VG quests it take to level up your Tera Reward from Tier 0 to Tier 8, which is extremely grindy.

Let's face it, we don't want Talent system, we want some specific skills it gives, but please don't make it sound like we want that system. Even when we have those skills, there will be classes that underpowered and there will be still people whining about balances.
This event isn't like the old one. In the old event, each items has its own chance to drop, so you can get super noct, miner hat, and mats in one run if you are lucky, but at its current state, this event is worthless.
Not to mention I'm not sure if it's even on. We did 8 trnm and seem to get nothing.
toufu wrote: »
I wonder if they have an event that can actually do this yet. I know they've mentioned it was something they were looking into, anyway. Hopefully BHS can add it if it doesn't exist, because it would be a good event to have on a regular schedule.

https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/page/patch-63
Special buff weekends with increased item XP, additional dungeon loot and more

Good - at least that suggests it exists as an event in some form.

Even JTera and KTera already had events to increase gear xp...
ElinLove wrote: »
Demn I see people demanding compensation for everything these days...

Heck I wonder what kind of thing I could cry about to get compensated for... Let's see if I can scavenge something

Maybe if EME seemed competent, people wouldn't ask for compensation.

Reminders:

- Ace Dungeon still has IMPERATOR MATS in the shop. IMPERATOR.
- It will have been 5 months from when SeanDynamate first said he was fixing the FC shop that it actually gets updated (according to the latest roadmap). We still don't know what "updated" means, because updating the Fed Bill shop meant deleting it.
- The actual roadmap was sold to us as a list of future updates. So far it is literally just a list of future sales/cosmetics.
- The VG shop still hasn't been updated. 2 boxes for 1 gold talent. Worthless.
- PVP jackpot rewards have had worthless, outdated crafting mats since July 2017. Pvp has been effectively dead ever since.

So yea, people are little upset, when it seems like they have been really lazy for well over half a year (longer if you want to bring up the anniverary event mishaps...)

Not to mention we have the Uncommon noctenium Elixir priced at 700 vg credit, and only the green one. On the other hand, other servers has 3 different kind of noctenium elixir, and they are all lower than 700 vg credit.

If the price dont get adjusted, it will take people 12 runs of mid/high tier dungeon to earn enough credit to get one 15-min elixir, which is incredibly ridiculous
@Spacecats What about VG rewards, which is metamorphic tokens for rkem and bp? RK has been out for over a month and we don't get any tokens from clearing it. In all other servers, you get 4500 tokens from clearing it.

Assuming you get 1 clear a day, that's almost 150k tokens that people are missing.
@Spacecats Please give us more updates about the situation; the double vg reward situation, and the RKEM 4500 token reward per clear situation.
canikizu wrote: »
In KTera, clearing RKEM gives player 4500 Metamorphic Token, but in our version, we get 0 tokens for clearing the dungeon, which is worse than every single dungeons out there.
Is that what they get now, or is that what they got when they were on the same patch several months ago?

It's what they got from the getgo of RKEM, even EU has it.

Remember we didn't even have Meta tokens as the reward in other dungeons for a longest time until we complained about it? EME is like a child that need people to remind them all the time. They can't get anything right.
Certainly has something with the clock turning over, a regular TERA Y2K.

I'm reaching out to the devs on the issue so it may take a bit of time to resolve.

On a side note, can you recheck the vanguard reward in RKEM?

In KTera, clearing RKEM gives player 4500 Metamorphic Token, but in our version, we get 0 tokens for clearing the dungeon, which is worse than every single dungeons out there.
btw, eme pls 1QY7RzM.png
voidy wrote: »
6R1MM01R3 wrote: »
Even if you have 99% you can fail, that 1% can screw you over.

People have apparently failed at 100% success rate before, but nobody ever screenshots it when it happens.

It does happen actually, I thought it was a myth, but it happened to me once.
BHS isn't responsible for this. Look at how other servers, such as EU, RU and JP are doing. They have their own events and what not, and they have staffs to make it possible. NA server's EME is just entitled, lazy and incompetent.
RKEM is one of the easiest HM dungeons that was released. Its level of difficulty is no where near HH. Even right now, you can still wipe an hour or two in there.

In term of gearing, Marrow Brooch is a tier above Quatrefoil, which is the Stormcry version of brooch, it makes no sense for it to drop in RK, it's like saying full piece of Stormcry2.0 should drop in RK.
Even if you has less than 10ping, you will get desync through boss. I saw Ktera stream where lancer onslaught desync through boss before.
It was not 100% damage reduction. If it were 100% damage reduction, you won't take any damage at all and can't block, the block simply don't proc.
You can get up to 104% damage reduction in Tera.
It's the same for every other regions such as EU, JP, and RU. It's not EME thing. If we have the patch later than other regions by 2+ weeks, then yeah it's EME fault, but if we have it the same time as others, best you can blame is BHS.
What is stopping you from being able to gear your alt from zero to +7 SC right now? You can still p2w enough if you want to.
LilMsQTay wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
LilMsQTay wrote: »
66ECX7NAN7 wrote: »
Ketoth wrote: »
Just to point: 2.0 dragons can drop ingame if no one knows.
Its a low chance on P4 HH, but still can drop, I saw 2 already

But who does P4 HH without already having a 2.0 dragon that probably came from lootboxes?

well according to several comments, these are not needed, to do that raid so I doubt anyone in party would have them

Also 1.5 dragons are free handed in game.

Where/how do you get those?

Do daily. Mid tier dungeons give you 2 dragon scales per clear. 200 clears of whatever dungeons and you'll get enough scale for 1 dragon.
Teekz wrote: »
> @Anotsu said:
> Grimoir wrote: »
>
> People dont run VSH because most of them already have VM9...a double drop wont change that since it will still drop the same useless materials which no one needs.
>
>
>
>
> I disagree, I know a lot of people who will be willing to run this like crazy if double drop happened, it will be definitely worth it.
> People will benefit from it no doubt, unless you have another reason for saying this.

"Willing to run this like crazy if double drop happened"

Sounds like youre lazy and want to rush
That's not a bad thing.

It's more like, some people dont really care about gearing random toons. If double drop were to happen, they may think about gearing toons that they dont usually play and try it out. In the end, double drop does stimulate the player base to do stuffs. Without double drop, it's not like there's a big incentive to gear up on alts.
LesbianVi wrote: »
canikizu wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
canikizu wrote: »
I got 2 of my tickets resolved within 12h during the night in US, first one was within 3 hours after sending the ticket. Support is really awesome nowadays. Much better than even couple years ago.

Is more about what kind of issue you have there.

Some people have their issue solved in days or weeks, others have it in the same day or the next day.

Sadly there are people that floods support with tickets becuase they messed their own game and wants support to undo the silly things they caused making other tickets to get resolved in more time that it could be.

My issues are the common issues. One was to restore the smartbox version of chromaplasm i accidentally opened on unwanted toon, and one was to change costumes from Elin to High elf race

That takes 3-4 days, since not essential and not effecting your game play. You might get them fixed, on Tuesday/Monday

I got them resolved within 3 and 6h... That's what I said.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
canikizu wrote: »
I got 2 of my tickets resolved within 12h during the night in US, first one was within 3 hours after sending the ticket. Support is really awesome nowadays. Much better than even couple years ago.

Is more about what kind of issue you have there.

Some people have their issue solved in days or weeks, others have it in the same day or the next day.

Sadly there are people that floods support with tickets becuase they messed their own game and wants support to undo the silly things they caused making other tickets to get resolved in more time that it could be.

My issues are the common issues. One was to restore the smartbox version of chromaplasm i accidentally opened on unwanted toon, and one was to change costumes from Elin to High elf race
I got 2 of my tickets resolved within 12h during the night in US, first one was within 3 hours after sending the ticket. Support is really awesome nowadays. Much better than even couple years ago.
LesbianVi wrote: »
Lets be honest, you know who is afking more on HW and Velika? The ones in BiS, and you know who plays all the time and don't get to afk because needs to feed the alts? those in the mid-gear, so being in mid-gear might look bad into your eyes but to me that's a way of playing and not being able to afk, because I have now more than 12 chars on CH that I need to gear up each gearing patch, and then I plan to get them costumes and stuff.
Do you know why BiS people ask for more reward to run? Because that's their endgame. There's nothing else to do in the game after finishing their gear.

Back in RMHM, SSHM, FIHM, etc, when you already got BiS, you still can run those dungeons because after finishing them, you get the boxes and can somewhat compensate your lost in consumables. Back in the day, people still run end-game dungeons for the sake of daily activities because even though they didn't make money, they didn't lose out either.

However with current VSHM dungeon, after getting BiS gear, there's absolutely no reason to run the dungeon anymore, there's no drop, no reward. You lose so much money by running it. The only way to lose less money is to run with top party who can finish the dungeon fast, and that's not good because people don't want to take new players to teach them. For BiS people, there's no reason to even log in to do VSHM. People like me want to run VSHM, but why waste money for it? Even if I'm willing to waste time and money for it, one of other 4 people in the party is not.

It's true that EME did many events that inject an unnecessary amount of enchanting mats to the game, but why do BiS top players have to suffer for it? The people who got the most out of those events are people who have many alts, bot accounts, people who are in need of those enchanting mats; not BiS people. I sure hope you start to run VSHM one day to understand what we are talking about.
You started playing at the start of June, and already want to get top BiS gear at the end of June? While the spirit is good, this is the problem with Tera, fast leveling process and easy time to gear up, resulting in people wanting to get BiS gear when they just play the game for one month, possibly not master their classes yet.

Deathwrack is absolutely not a must-have for healers, and given the timeframe that you have been playing the game, I really doubt you have enough materials to craft them anyway. My suggestion is to buy some cheap Ambush pieces on broker and stick with them, you'll have easier time looking for party to run VSNM/HM and such. Deathwrack can come later.
Given the MES and incricate scroll right now, 20 tries is like 1.6-2k gold at best. That's nothing compared to, not even healing pot you have to spend in the future.
You don't have to keep saying you ahve +12 Misery you know. It happens to everybody when they just start out and has no friends too. Gear check is a real thing, deal with it, just like irl. When people who don't know each other get together, gear is one of the two things that they can look at and guesstimate how experienced/old you are at the game. Best advice I can give is to buy yourself an Ambush weapon so that you can pass gearcheck easier, much much easier.
thedaze wrote: »
Halrath wrote: »
voidy wrote: »
It spawns there periodically.

Does anyone know why this happens?

Also holy cow EME could you please beg BHS to bring campfires back as a cosmetic thing? So many people miss them.

Sure thing.

Instead could you please ask them to take the crit out of the cage mechanic in VSH, it really sucks when you do the debuff correctly and get critted and die anyway.

The "crit" is actually a normal debuff hit + non debuff hit. Somehow server doesn't detect you having debuffs and detect you having debuffs at same time, so one red hit you twice.
@Halrath : I don't think people who are capable of clearing TSNM need any of the Fashion Coupon. It's not a hot item, people literally discard them when they are dropped at IoD.
WhaleWhale wrote: »
I think it's a good idea if most event items are made untradeable, especially if it's consumable mats.

Yeah untradable consumables not only encourage people to run the dungeons more but also prevent to overpump the market and afk people scalping it.
@Halrath : The easiest way to slow down the influx of the market is to add untradable jackpot. Untradable Noctenium (higher amount compared to the tradable noctenium jackpot) or untradable Semi Enigmatic Scrolls are good.
LesbianVi wrote: »
@toufu usually the event starts from July and lasts for 2 months, each day you can get do all quests in 10 mins, and it is not a specific level 65 event, so many players attend and as @TWMagimay said things in that shop gets way cheap and easy to buy, in my years in Tera, Sun Festival was a great source for Fashion coupon box and Noct boxes, now no one needs FC box, so Noct boxes attracts more interests.

Also, keep that in mind, on Summers, we have bam events, hunting events, and usually these events provide the end year mats and consumables.

Sun Festival last for one month:
http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/summertime-is-party-time-in-tera
http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/summertime-means-party-time-in-tera

Can you not go on and on with Events? Stop asking for handout please.

@Halrath : Putting noctenium in Specialty NPC shop, or Ace dungeon tokens are decent solution. It creates goldsink and control the price. You guys recently put circlet fragment in ace dungeon and I think it works perfectly. People who need circlet can just spend a day or two in those solo dungeons and can get enough mats to craft their circlet/tandem
TWMagimay wrote: »
canikizu wrote: »
He "suggested" us to wait for Sun Festival, where you can farm like 6 tokens per day on one toon for 10 min, and the Noct Box is 10 tokens. Essentially you have to waste 1 hour on 10 alt toons to get enough noct boxes to supply for ONE VSHM run. But hey, according to him, Sun Festival will solve all the problem.

That's factually incorrect. And considering the tone of this topic I feel compelled to tell you that if you don't farm Sun Festival, you shouldn't be talking about it. Also, Su festival has been known for crashing the prices of whatever item people flock to so while you, personally, might not be able to farm all the nocts you need, you'll be able to buy them at affordable prices.
People like him are eager to wait for Sun Festival because it's like extra income for him, he don't care about the state of demand/supply at all. While people are trying to discuss about ways to stabilize the supply (by iod/ace token which require farm, vg credit which requires farm, npc shops which is a good goldsink for the game, etc), all he wants is events and events, and yet he talks about "hand-outs". How is farming a handout when Sun Festival isn't. Such hypocrite.

Except "people" are not trying to stabilise the supply, it's already stable. This topic is literally about making endgame players completely self-sufficient and cutting off "casual" players in yet another way.
Detailed number might be incorrect, but point still stands. You do have to run Sun Festival on 10 toons to get enough noct boxes for one vshm, and after that you are left with no tokens for anything else. In the end, Sun Festival is jsut an event, it will for sure create a dip in price, but it solves nothing. People will just stockpile, gouge the market and price will back up in no time. Event is never a good way to steadily supply the market.

Noctenium price has been climbing up from 70silver to 2g ever since Alliance was gone. How was that stable? Price don't lie, especially price of the one consumables that never has really been touched by EME events which is noctenium. Endgame dungeons have always been a goldsink, even in fast dungeons like RMHM, it's just a matter of how big those hole is. RMHM cost is less than 500g-1k gold, while VSHM cost is easily over 2-3k gold per run. People who do 8 runs a day potentially sink 15-20k gold a day into consumables. Asking for an offset of the huge lost people usually have doing VSHM isn't bad. Noctenium price has always been rising, even during the weaker HM dungeons time like SSHM, RMHM.

@LesbianVi : It might come to a surprise for you, but not all people who are in demand topics are the same. Different people have different needs. The OP are not the same. It's just silly to group all people together. However, the only constant in all of those topics are you. I kept seeing your name popping up, either to bash people asking for hand-out, then turn around and ask for hand-out yourself. I'm amazed that you still don't see how two-face you are.
so what do you represent then @LesbianVi ? the bunch of other nonfactors wasting our time ?

He "suggested" us to wait for Sun Festival, where you can farm like 6 tokens per day on one toon for 10 min, and the Noct Box is 10 tokens. Essentially you have to waste 1 hour on 10 alt toons to get enough noct boxes to supply for ONE VSHM run. But hey, according to him, Sun Festival will solve all the problem.

People like him are eager to wait for Sun Festival because it's like extra income for him, he don't care about the state of demand/supply at all. While people are trying to discuss about ways to stabilize the supply (by iod/ace token which require farm, vg credit which requires farm, npc shops which is a good goldsink for the game, etc), all he wants is events and events, and yet he talks about "hand-outs". How is farming a handout when Sun Festival isn't. Such hypocrite.
LesbianVi wrote: »
@toufu as I said, I am referring to current situation and upcoming Sun Festival, as you saw I am not blind and I understand that crafting them is dead, but remember even when they were there, people needs to farm, you might not asking for hands out here, but look around the forums since the gear patch and you get why I am just really in a mood to stand these kinda posts. As I said, seriously look at the prices of mats and see what a messed economy we have now, gold sink doesn't exists, people are siting at large of piles of gold, asking for EMP, EMP ratio is gone to 1:40-45. In the other hand, casual can't make gold, because everything is just too cheap to sale or people don't even need to buy, so Noct is only profitable way to make gold for them now. And now we take that away from them, newbies, casual goes away and things get even nastier and servers emptier.

Am I really being wrong here?
Yes you are the one being wrong. I'm shocked you consider it!!
Event will never ever be a good and stable way to supply the player base, especially tradable consumables one. All it does is to enourage gouging and stockpiling and brokering them later (unless you are into those, since you don't run dungeons at all).

I farm all 8 vg quests on 4 main toons per days, do all 8 vg on other 6 alts toons, and only run and use noctenium in VSHM on 2 toons, and I still don't get enough noctenium to cover the cost. I think you SEVERELY underestimate how much goldsink VSHM is for people like us. If you are playing this game more than us, show proof and we will listen to your opinions, otherwise you are just arguing for the sake of argument. Sometimes it's better to shut up and pretend to be stupid, then open your mouth and confirm that you are one.
LesbianVi wrote: »
@toufu as I said, I am referring to current situation and upcoming Sun Festival, as you saw I am not blind and I understand that crafting them is dead, but remember even when they were there, people needs to farm, you might not asking for hands out here, but look around the forums since the gear patch and you get why I am just really in a mood to stand these kinda posts. As I said, seriously look at the prices of mats and see what a messed economy we have now, gold sink doesn't exists, people are siting at large of piles of gold, asking for EMP, EMP ratio is gone to 1:40-45. In the other hand, casual can't make gold, because everything is just too cheap to sale or people don't even need to buy, so Noct is only profitable way to make gold for them now. And now we take that away from them, newbies, casual goes away and things get even nastier and servers emptier.

Am I really being wrong here?

Event will never ever be a good and stable way to supply the player base, especially tradable consumables one. All it does is to enourage gouging and stockpiling and brokering them later (unless you are into those, since you don't run dungeons at all).

I farm all 8 vg quests on 4 main toons per days, do all 8 vg on other 6 alts toons, and only run and use noctenium in VSHM on 2 toons, and I still don't get enough noctenium to cover the cost. I think you SERVERLY underestimate how much goldsink VSHM is for people like us. If you are playing this game more than us, show proof and we will listen to your opinions, otherwise you are just arguing for the sake of argument. Sometimes it's better to shut up and pretend to be stupid, then open your mouth and confirm that you are one.
kotorikisu wrote: »
you guys fail to realize that you don't NEED noc to run a dungeon. It's a consumable! You don't see people demanding EME to pay them back for the food and other things they use...ex. Nostrums for people who are not Elite etc.
Want the boost in DPS? Then work for it. Runs dungeons that give you noc or find a way to make gold to buy it.

And people do run other dungeons to get noctenium. But it's unrealistic to run 10 BRNM to get enough noct to do ONE VSHM run. Of course broker has always been the goto way to get noctenium currently, but there's a reason why noctenium has been rising from 70s since Alliance was removed to 2g currently. There is not enough supply out there to make up for the demand.

I only use Noct to run exclusive VSHM and still don't get enough to cover the cost. You can say that you don't need noct to run dungeon however you want. Are you also the type that not use Nostrum and Bravery and health potion in dungeons because they are consumables too?
I think noctenium was initially meant for PVP, alliance and all you know, and back then it wasn't hard at all to farm or even craft.
It gives mainly PVP buffs, the skill dmg increase is barely considerable, so I don't really know why you need such a small buff in PVE that much to run your content. Low confidence on your dps?

Noctenium gives 5-10% more damage for PvE, same increase if you upgrade from VM8 to VM9. Why upgrade gears in PvE if it gives you such small damage buff imrite? You don't need noct to pvp either. Low confidence on your skill?
Ore in EUTera is like 4g each, designs are also dirt cheap.
As lancer, I spent at least 150 noctenium on ONE boss using ONE skill Spring Attack in VSHM, let alone other skills. It's super normal right now that people spend up to 1k noct (which is around 2k gold) on top of other consumables (rootbeer, healthpot, manapot, etc). So right now, a VSHM run cost upward 3k gold per run, and we got nothing back to make money (designs are super rare to get, VM mats isn't bottleneck and are useless if you already have gear).

It's good if we can get an event to supply the players with more noctenium, such as mongo event. However I feel like there should be a more stable way to let player farm noctenium, such as normal drop in dungeon, or exchange from token (ace dungeon token, iod token, etc). To prevent the market abuse, the reward can just be untradable noctenium, such as Alliance Noctenium Infusion of Friendly Noctenium Infusion.
Halrath wrote: »
The blue bar resets each day. The purple bar is an event-long meter. Once it's full, that's that.
canikizu wrote: »
Halrath wrote: »
Follow-up. I spoke to Seandynamite about this. The answers to your questions are as follows:

Blue Bar: If you log out and log back in, the timer is only paused. It will not wipe.
Purple Bar: You only get the rewards once for the event.

The cumulative time and rewards are per server. If you play on 8 toons on one server, that has no effect on your characters that are not on CH.

That is still not really clear. If that is the case, then both bar are the same? If we reach 5h, the blue bar reset?

The blue bar resets each day. The purple bar is an event-long meter. Once it's full, that's that.

That cleared up some. Thank you.

You said the purple bar is per server. What about the blue bar? Is it per server too? or per character?
Halrath wrote: »
Follow-up. I spoke to Seandynamite about this. The answers to your questions are as follows:

Blue Bar: If you log out and log back in, the timer is only paused. It will not wipe.
Purple Bar: You only get the rewards once for the event.

The cumulative time and rewards are per server. If you play on 8 toons on one server, that has no effect on your characters that are not on CH.

That is still not really clear. If that is the case, then both bar are the same? If we reach 5h, the blue bar reset?
I've seen a lot of hypocrites in this forum over the years, but this guy easily is the best one by far lmao.
@Partyblast what warrior buff are you talking about?
@Spacecats The noctenium problem has been here ever since Noctenium was introduced. It's not the main cause whatsoever. The way it works is, every time you consume ONE noctenium, the game will make a call to server to open your inventory, search through your inventory for noctenium, and minus ONE out of it. It was just the way the game is coded, and not a bug. Even though it shouldn't be that inefficient, we didn't have problem with noctenium since it was introduced long time ago.
Ketoth wrote: »
Using the normal noctenium will increase the lag
Reason: it need update your noctenium count everytime you use a skill. From some testing i did : having less items in your inventory reduce this type of lag.

You wont see this lag with blue noc.

thats a very odd bug.
It's not a bug. It's how the game is coded. Everytime you use something and consume one stack of whatever thing you use, it will open your inventory and minus 1 of that particular item. So everytime you use noctenium, it will open your inventory, make a search through your list of items in there, and minus 1 noctenium from it.

Reason blue noct cause less lag because it is a buff, so it dont have this behavior.
Spacecats wrote: »
To make it more clear, I think the missing statement people were looking for would be something like "While the old models will continue to work indefinitely, the new models will feature a brand new look and slightly improved stats." ...or something like that.

I think it's given that the old inners would work indefinitely. I like the suggestion of adding "improved stats", but it makes me wonder if we've ever released innerwear in the past that simply had a new appearance with identical stats?

Yes, Dyeable Inner, Dragon Silk inner are identical with the Intimates line, all give +16 crit.
He doesn't have a logic in the first place. He's just swinging whatever is better for him.
https://originalyosha.tumblr.com/post/155041601698/attack-speed-difference-between-elin-and-castanic
Talisman of Lakan. The drop is so bad, this is just insane to farm
The box will be gone. Unless they are gonna reintroduce it, i doubt they bother to update it.
Did the hotfixes roll out yet? Cuz people are still lagging in dungeons and IoD in TR.
sanj66 wrote: »
canikizu wrote: »
Tenshi1 wrote: »
MajorThor wrote: »
This isn't an event, it's been one massive Goldbox Sale.

Right :(
An event should be fun this is only grind or buy for money there is no fun there.

I don't even like doing the dg highlight. I did like 5 or 6 runs spread through 3 chars last night and all I got was some ignots :(

??? The dungeon highlight don't drop ingot tho?

before when it was dfhm and the new patch all it basically dropped was 10 colluva ingots which is/was useless to anyone, even now this is nothing compared to what eu tera got as their events, heck even a similar bam even like the last kyra would be nice but all we get is mindless dungeon grind......

I was just replying to his post saying that he ran dungeon LAST NIGHT and got ingot, which shouldn't be the case.
Tenshi1 wrote: »
MajorThor wrote: »
This isn't an event, it's been one massive Goldbox Sale.

Right :(
An event should be fun this is only grind or buy for money there is no fun there.

I don't even like doing the dg highlight. I did like 5 or 6 runs spread through 3 chars last night and all I got was some ignots :(

??? The dungeon highlight don't drop ingot tho?
Does it occur to you that after that fiasco of 3rd party ban and the poorly handled PR, EME just wants people to forget about that incident and ignore it? GL getting EME to do anything about it, since they can't even detect, and you provide literally zero evidence. Even if you give them soemthing, they will say something like "we need evidence of the player actually turn on the cheat and activate it in game; so if you can go behind the guy and record what he's doing, that would be great" like the old itme.
@Halrath , @Denommenator , @Spacecats

Are we gonna have this too?

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/144079/#Comment_144079
ElinLove wrote: »
ZeRoHouR95 wrote: »
Thanks to dudes like this important tickets or problems are delayed...

To be fair I think it only takes a few seconds and gives them a nice laugh and makes them take a chill at the job

The only part that is slower is how to reply that ticket politely and hide the hard laughs

You still have to read the ticket, and respond to it. It's not like you can just write "Nope, its a mechanic, not hack. Have a nice day"

A proper ticket response will take 5-10min to write at least. 10 of these dumb tickets eat a lot of time.
We have an event?
Too real man.
Dialoonia wrote: »
This is the sad story of TERA nowdays. Full VM without even run HM once. I miss the time where u need skill to obtain vm mats and not spam Boxes ... really a shame and then they call it "true action combat" ... which combat? or is opening chest a combat style lol

I dont say that OP has no skill but most people just spam chest and never even run HM once .. maybe after nerf lol

"most people" ??? Really? lol
After yesterday Emergency Hotfix, server got better for couple hour, then it returned to normal state which is lagging af. I already cut down 2/3 of the things I do in Tera daily, and still can't enjoy the 1/3. Everyday guildchat and discord are full of depressing complaint and eme mocking to the point it's not funny anymore.

I personally know 4 people who are quitting the game this week alone. One of them was on the verge of quitting for couple months and just finally uninstalled Tera. One of the quitted everything Tera related, did $1000 charge back on EME. The other couple just came back to Tera last week, lvled up new toons, did some endgame dungeons, and they are thinking about moving on to RO.
MaelSlayer wrote: »
I've been in Tera EU 3 years and we used to get mad when our servers were acting weird while NA was working fine,this time we got the patch issues on our side, well things happen, I wanna play the new dungeons and farm the new stuff too but making 200 threads about the problems you are experiencing is a waste of time and will not solve anything can't you see the patch went terrible wrong causing havoc I think we are all aware by now so I don't understand why you insist so to make it short according to their own info i'll update the current status
-They are aware of all the several problems
-They are working on them and can't get distracted
-They'll use some fix tomorrow to try to solve the major priority problems 5/11/17
-We'll get a compensation
Sounds fair to me, if tech problems happen just happen don't be so childish , we can't fix them from our homes , you don't like the tech staff or servers that's fine but the truth is only them can fix this, not me or you or bill gates will come to repair servers and patch issues so I suggest we wait and let them do their job, they know players are mad no need to post about it over and over, there are like 20 threads , the server crashed! , lagg spikes! Rip servers! wtf man lol someone make a Papori thread and post all your cute papori pictures and forget about the game for a day or two until is fixed or more stable at least, playing right now it will only stress you and that's your call since you know what to expect the moment you log in with the current problems going on
I'll log out from the game and come back tomorrow

I don't know how long you have been playing on NA server, but this is not the first time EME "promised" to fix server. Terrible server performance has been existed since the beginning of the Spellbound patch, aka the LK/RM patch.

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/network-outages-compensation

They promised to fix, and gave us compensation. 24 WEEKS LATER, nothing changed, only worse. That's half a year passed by. You can't just tell people to sit by. People have been suffering the whole time. If you think this is not your fight, don't comment in like a white knight.
It's fine. EME will start another witch hunt and ban 3rd party programs again to diverse people from the real issue.
Pyurie wrote: »
@Apayo youre a f'ucking c'unt, were Lagging At the same time with people from my PT and we're from Canada, US, EU and Asia

She's joking, she's in Chicago and has 10 ping and still lag af.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/227446975396577280/311976843760893952/Even_Lakan_lags.gif

Report Lakan for using 3rd party program pls.
It's always been 120, 90, 60.
If you have no lag, can you post your traceroute or diag.txt for us and EME to see? I seriously have doubts you have full knowledge of how server lag and personal lag and fps lag look like.
If you have to 7man roll for one lootbox, then this clearly is not worth it.
We got Covulla Ingot x10 last run.
Halrath wrote: »
Good discussion. I took a look and you're (collectively) right. Will update the event during maintenance tomorrow morning. The t10 drops will go away and be replaced with t11.

What about the ingot? Nobody needs the old VM ingots. They are less than 100 gold on broker right now.
ElinLove wrote: »
AAAAAAHHHH thanks for reminding me of it! I've used up all my alts belcarium and KS credits but forgot about these marks

You know you shouldn't use your BC/KS credit right now right? They will be 20% cheaper after the patch. It makes more sense to use it after patch.
Shield block animation is client side, essentially 0 ping. Even if you see the animation is slow, the block effect comes before that. Besides that, they fix nothing about lancer, Elin still has the best skating, Highelf male still have faster shield barrage, although it doesn't matter much in current PvE meta.
ElinLove wrote: »
clfarron4 wrote: »
ElinLove wrote: »
Maybe these ingots would also get used on new gear? Cause making Imperator set after it's 2 generations behind sure doesn't make any sense.

Colluva Ingots are Imperator mats...

If TERA EU is anything to go by, I'm pretty sure you can't use Imperator mats to make Ambush or Deathwrack.

I see, I was wondering if the new sets required these ingots, well seems it's just... a completely wasted drop then. Wonder if the mid tier set requires it (that no one will craft anyway)?

He just said Badge of Loyalty and Lakan's Banner for Deathwrack...
Lakan Charm will act the same way as last patch Tyrant Token, you can only get jewelry from them.

All iod tokens will also act the same way as old iod token. They are still the same, just outdate and not fit for new gear, and unfarmable.
canikizu wrote: »
canikizu wrote: »
LesbianVi wrote: »
not many HH raids? I mean in the mrning pdt time, things were fine, but when ppl got up to do last HH runs things got laggy. But worth investigating it since ppl gonna do lots of bg and dg during event.

HH is not the problem. HH raid is the victim, not the one that cause the lagspike. This server lag spike existed before HH was introduce, before people started hacking/cheating. It will still exist after HH is gone, and after hacker is gone. Can't white knights open their helmets and see the problem is EME side???


I can't even have a decent IOD session without all the lag spike. People who say server is fine are just really delusional.

The problem is that there are multiple cases of lag, and they are not all caused by the same thing.

Generally speaking (except right when the new class launched), the open world servers themselves are fairly free of lag, so if you are having a problem while on IoD (etc.) it is probably something on the route between you and the servers. Routing problems are the number 1 cause of general lag in TERA, and they are not caused by the servers themselves.

Completely aside from this, though, there are also lag spikes in certain instanced content, particularly HM dungeons and the HH raid. This is different because it happens at specific moments, usually in boss encounters, and affects everyone in the party/raid equally. This sort of issue is not related to routing at all, and is the one that endgame players mostly complain about.

If everybody in the guilds who are doing whatever dungeons/afk/iod complain about the spike at the same time, then it's not just my internet. I've been around this for a while to know what kind of spikes are caused by my side or server side. I don't complain if my side is the one having problem.

I hope you understand that not everybody is clueless. I did RMHM over 600 times, HH almost 100 times. If it's a mech lag, I'll know; if it's my network's fault, I know. If you think open world is free of lag, then you are really detached from the game. People complain about lag while afk, complain about iod bams teleporting, complain about UI, NPC taking forever to open, etc all the time.
Around the period of the new class launch, I definitely experienced this. But in more recent times it has calmed down. This also seems to reflect the experience of many others I know too (although people in certain parts of the U.S. were negatively impacted by the switch back to Zayo).

Obviously, there are always people complaining about lag, but in my experience most of it (not necessarily all) is not pervasive in the open world at this time. Most of the times I've diagnosed this on the forums, it was traced to one of the routers before hitting the server. Sometimes, it was Zayo nodes in Chicago, so it hit a lot of people (unless they were lucky enough to be routed around it). Sometimes I've used VPN connections to confirm that it was possible to route around the issue.

So anyway, I'm not saying there's no lag in the open world, but generally speaking it doesn't seem to be global/pervasive right now. But, Zayo is certainly negatively impacting a large group of people.

It "calms down" because people either quitted, or grew acceptance to the new norm. Calm down might just be from 1 spike every 30 seconds to 1 spike every minute. Are we supposed to be appreciated for that and praise EME? This is what just happened when I was trying to reply to your post minutes ago

Rr7TzFV

My guildies who were in RM got lag spike bad, and I was dead doing IoD at the same time. I'm from Misssisippi, the other guildies are in Finland and Australia. The spike hit us all, nothing else to say.

VPN like Wtfast does help, and I do use it. But the idea of having to spend $5 a month to play a free game is just blow my mind. In fact, I'm amazed that you think it's a good idea to suggest US players to get VPN to solve problem, and not commenting on the source, which is EME themselves.
canikizu wrote: »
LesbianVi wrote: »
not many HH raids? I mean in the mrning pdt time, things were fine, but when ppl got up to do last HH runs things got laggy. But worth investigating it since ppl gonna do lots of bg and dg during event.

HH is not the problem. HH raid is the victim, not the one that cause the lagspike. This server lag spike existed before HH was introduce, before people started hacking/cheating. It will still exist after HH is gone, and after hacker is gone. Can't white knights open their helmets and see the problem is EME side???


I can't even have a decent IOD session without all the lag spike. People who say server is fine are just really delusional.

The problem is that there are multiple cases of lag, and they are not all caused by the same thing.

Generally speaking (except right when the new class launched), the open world servers themselves are fairly free of lag, so if you are having a problem while on IoD (etc.) it is probably something on the route between you and the servers. Routing problems are the number 1 cause of general lag in TERA, and they are not caused by the servers themselves.

Completely aside from this, though, there are also lag spikes in certain instanced content, particularly HM dungeons and the HH raid. This is different because it happens at specific moments, usually in boss encounters, and affects everyone in the party/raid equally. This sort of issue is not related to routing at all, and is the one that endgame players mostly complain about.

If everybody in the guilds who are doing whatever dungeons/afk/iod complain about the spike at the same time, then it's not just my internet. I've been around this for a while to know what kind of spikes are caused by my side or server side. I don't complain if my side is the one having problem.

I hope you understand that not everybody is clueless. I did RMHM over 600 times, HH almost 100 times. If it's a mech lag, I'll know; if it's my network's fault, I know. If you think open world is free of lag, then you are really detached from the game. People complain about lag while afk, complain about iod bams teleporting, complain about UI, NPC taking forever to open, etc all the time.

It got to the point that we are joking that if modifying the game is against ToS, should EME just ban themselves because they modified the game and put lag mech in?
LesbianVi wrote: »
not many HH raids? I mean in the mrning pdt time, things were fine, but when ppl got up to do last HH runs things got laggy. But worth investigating it since ppl gonna do lots of bg and dg during event.

HH is not the problem. HH raid is the victim, not the one that cause the lagspike. This server lag spike existed before HH was introduce, before people started hacking/cheating. It will still exist after HH is gone, and after hacker is gone. Can't white knights open their helmets and see the problem is EME side???


I can't even have a decent IOD session without all the lag spike. People who say server is fine are just really delusional.
Spacecats wrote: »
There's an announcement coming on 5/5. Sorry I can't tell you more!

inb4: We announce that anniversary event will be next week. Meanwhile, enjoy weekend jackpot tier 11 feedstock x25 in RMHM.
Still count as less lag than normal i guess.

http://imgur.com/O3XNZ1y
Spacecats wrote: »
I've forwarded your request for improved broker negotiation to Bluehole, citing the for auto-acceptance and delayed (instead of cancelled) requests when the seller is in a BG. This is one of those small aspects of the game that comes up every once in a while, usually in the middle of a related conversation. Hopefully it's a quality of life change the dev team is willing to spend time making.

While you are at it, can you make NPC broker available for free for Elite? It can create many benefit:

- A nice addition that benefits for Elites, which is in dire need of some kind of revamped perks to be worth the money.
- Make it easier for people to have access to broker, which in turn push economy faster.
- Eliminate the use of a certain "mods", which is better for EME.
- Modern MMORPG have been letting people access auction house/broker at ease with one click of the button. Tera is one of the game that make it a nuisance for players (teleporting around to get to npc)

The cooldown can be just 15min or 30min to avoid spamming or something.
Ok, this thread was TL:DR, but am I to understand that the lag got better after the hackers were banned? So was the hacking really affecting playability?

No, not really. Server got stable a bit because it doesnt overload because of lower population, it has nothing to do with "hacking",

If anything, the so-called "hacking" actually reduces server stress, if people actually spend time to read how it works.
End game players don't spend money often, but they do contribute into EME pocket all the time. In various discords that I'm a part of, there're always somebody doing server transfer every weeks for whatever reasons, and they spend real money for it. Not to mention, they simulate by providing fast gold for other players. Imagine a scenario where there are absolutely no rich endgame players buying EMP from other people, there will be no way for those players to make fast cash, as items will sit on broker for days without selling, so instead of spending $100 a week, they can only spend $100 every two or three weeks because their stuffs can't move. I know for a fact that some players who has dedicated EMP sellers, told their sellers to not purchase EMP for the time being as part of their protest.

And it's silly to assume end game people don't contribute. I know at least 2 endgame players who do HH and everything that have 2 tier10 accounts and at least dozens have tier9 accounts, and trust me, they don't hardcore farm.
Lusbelle wrote: »
All of this circus is just proof of this: People take games waaay too seriously... lol.

Just because people don't have opinions about gaming as same as yours don't mean their opinion is wrong. Like everything in life, gaming or whatever also serve a purpose, if something hinder that purpose of particular person, of course he's gonna make a big deal out of it.
Shikine wrote: »
I think even if you dont use thenamedmods, this boycott is called for.

The management of the game has gone downhill, namely communication with the community, using fear tactics or even banning mass amount of players from twitch, forums, game.

And beside all of that:
- the economy breaking or super uninteresting, not rewarding events
- server lagg
- connection lagg (almost 100% packet loss on Zayo or Savvis nodes when the population would like to be active, based on which part of the world/NA you live and steadily increasing ping over the years (anyone who played for more than 2 years can feel it)
- bugs that are not fixed
- no QoL improvements
- general bad coding of the game that results in super bad performance
- server population is lower even with a new class just released (merge needed)
- bad marketing and announcement of events, new patches.

From the top of my head i could think of almost a dozen reasons I am participating in this.
But the one and only main reason is the bad communication, I mean we are kept in the dark and silenced and I do not wish to support that.

This is true. Boyscotting is a matter of recent. However, all of these issues have been existing before the notnamedmods were coming to the scene. And surely, even if by some reasons, mods are gone, all of these issues will still be here.
MaelSlayer wrote: »
Cankizu what I don't understand is why you arent happy as well If they didn't accomodate the players by that time they are doing it now,
About what you mention that was popular for too long and you know it and during HH and valkyrie what you really experienced was a massive creation of chars simultaneously and using what you mention causing a server havoc
So let me tell you what happened in a clear way for you all to understand once and for all, EME didn't want to do this, EME didin't want to risk to lose any players EME didn't want to ban anyone but you guys forced their hand making the situation unbareable for us all so they had no choice cause all was getting unplayable,
Anyone still don't get it , doubts? Don't worry i'll explain again in a way easy to understand.
Let's do a little sesame street here ... Imagine a car , Me and you and 3 people (a total of 5) driving peacefully down the road all is good all is fine but.. suddenly those 3 people in the back seats decide to drink a potion and become baby kumas , what would you think it would happen? hmm Poor car can barely move now.. Correct!
And that isn't all cause 2 of the kumas farted and me and you wich didn't turn into anything are suffocating because of them.

Let's go back to the topic The Lag decreased I can confirm it I was and im There.

What are they doing now though? All i see they are doing is banning people, not fixing server. I still have server lag spike since the announcement of banning people was made. I still have hard spikes in yesterday RMHM, [filtered] even IoD bams teleporting and charging to nowhere everyday.

I've been playing the games through multiple dungeon release patches, multiple class release patches since gunners. This is not the server havoc and temporary spikes we used to experience and speak of. It's clearly server couldnt handle the population.

Not talking about banning/leaving/scripting, I hope people just look at the situation and admit that EME has been neglecting with the server optimization and upgrading, and they still dared to say somethingl ike this https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/102078/#Comment_102078 .

For example, if everybody were angels and don't script/cheat/hack and still play the game RIGHT NOW, do you think you would experience less lag? or you would still get the same lag spike like every single day before today? I'm not talking about the moral of scripting/hacking, that's another problem, another thread, I'm talking about server overloading issue which has been around for a while and EME shows no sign of fixing.

I don't get your analogy at all btw, still trying to figure out what is what.
I don't see how you guys are happy with it. If anything, it shows how bad EME is, as in, they didn't upgrade server for a long time to accommodate the number of people playing, and made the whole population suffer. Now people have to boyscott/quit/stop logging and voila, servers can fit the leftover population. We had two patch in a row, 30man HH and Valkyrie release, where servers lag on daily basis and it became memes. First thing people log in is asking around how lag it is.

Moreover, scripts didn't become popular until the release of HH, which was same time as servers start lagging on daily basis. Is that a coincidence? nah. If EME did their job, people wouldnt resort to such thing to salvage the better game exprience.

So yeah, I guess if you are happy because you get "less lag" because people leave and the population goes down so that server can afford it, it's good for you i guess.
Yrai wrote: »
Sounds like he was slowly quitting regardless. What I wanna know is why he got forum banned? Seemed pretty random.

He wasn't. Actually he is much more active in Tera now than before. He's running stuffs with his gf all the time, and also is learning Lancer as 2nd class.
vtctma wrote: »
That's not how injector works dude. Injector actually reduces the stress on the servers, so blaming the continuous server lag on "cheaters" really goes to show how your 2 cents is filled with misinformation and ignorance. Everything is open source on how they work. All you need to do is take a moment to look through it to understand how it works. Stop spewing false information to make it seem like the developers are the reason this game is constantly plagued with lag issues.

No its not. LOL
Are u sure u have took a look on how it works?
:awesome:
JasonLucas wrote: »
FoV and In game zoom are two different things.

LOLwot :awesome:
JasonLucas wrote: »
Also your knowledge of how injector/proxy works is totally wrong. VPNs like WTFast reroute your connection and this is a way simple compared to the injector/proxy. The Tera client has a delay equivalent to your ping between each skill you use, what the injector/proxy changes is local and doesn't really goes to the server, it simulate the server response so you client wont lock you between each skill. Although I'm not 100% sure, but it should be like that.
Players with high ping don't actually will have 0ms, they just don't need to wait for the client ask to servers if it can use the next skill, but for example, everything still happens 300ms later in the servers and for others.

Most games today come with this kind of system already, we are in 2017 things like stupid client delay shouldn't exist.

LOL. U not even 100% sure.
And u trying to preach me about injector?
:awesome:
AEFH9EGJMA wrote: »
This is why this forum will go nowhere. First you say "injector is not about opinions" then you go on and give a completely false explanation of how injectors work. If you want to contribute, stop being ignorant and go learn what it does, the code is open source on github. And this applies to 90-95% of the posts in here. Ignorance, ignorance, ignorance.

Also TERA uses TCP and not UDP, so you're even ignorant about basic network protocols, not just injection.

LOL. This is one is nice.
I didn't give any explanation on how its works tho. Only the effects of packet injectin'.
And yes, its not about opinions. Packet injector is packet injector.
TCP and UDP. Somehow that makes it OK to packet injectin? I don't think u even know what those things are.
Get real, bruh. Keep on swimming in that cesspool of yer own ignorance.
:awesome:

None of what y'all say or I say will change anything.
Like I mentioned before, EME have their own tech team. No doubt that they are ramping up their network defense protocol and firewalls and all that fluffy stuff, even as we all arguing here. No network administrator in his right mind gonna let y'all packet injectin' anywhere near or in his system. They gonna run packs of packet sniffers in their system, and they gonna sniff out all yer packet injectin' junkies.

Your days are numbered. Embrace it.
o:)

This is clearly a troll. Not even a white knight, just a troll.
KnightFalz wrote: »
Whatever opinions players have expressed on the issue, accurate or not, with understanding or not, isn't all that central. EME has declared that the use of 3rd party tools is not permitted and those that use them are subject to banning.

It has nothing to do with what some may consider ridiculous, ethical, honest, and so forth.

By virtue of the ToS all players must agree to in order to play the game EME has the right to prohibit the use of 3rd party tools and to deny access to the game to those that defy that prohibition.

So by your explanation, it doesn't matter if the particular tool is useful/harmless/big quality of life improvement even in your eyes, if EME condemns and call it cheat, you'll call it cheat too?

There's a reason why we have clause 13 in almost all of ToS of games out there:

" En Masse reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to change, modify, add to, supplement or delete any of the terms and conditions of this Terms of Service at any time, including without limitation access policies, the availability of any feature of TERA, hours of availability, content, data, software or equipment needed to access TERA, effective with or without prior notice"

It enables for the game developers/publishers to adjust their ToS as they please. And this exactly why people are trying to make a case: is to let EME/BHS know and consider and legitimatize/implement the usage of the tool. And this is also why people are so frustrated when EME kept banning people talking about it, and whiteknights keep backtalk and don't provide anything useful to push the conversation forward. It's not like things like this didn't happen before. Things like DPS meter in Blade and Soul was huge demand and people were using 3rd party meter, and the developer ended up implement the meter ingame.

Acendia wrote: »
canikizu wrote: »

What makes me infuriating on forums, is that some people are so inclined for topics of honesty, civil, justice, etc.. which in some post I only see something opposite... opinionated personal attacks, no constructive arguments to allow others to try to understand their grounds and explain why it others should agree with them... it's just painful to see people blatantly spit out such hatred against another without truly understanding what's going on-- I'm sure, EME right now is as confused to decide what to do to handle this situation.
What people like @Idi0ticGenius and other developers are trying to do is to make EME/BHS to accept the concept, not counting it as a cheat, cooperate with the whitehat developers to either implement it in game permanently, or at least spread out the tools to provide the larger player base a better game experience.

Yet I find it contradictory that they actively tried to hide how to use these tools.

Nobody hides them. They are available on github, discord, etc, and open sources
@Yamazuki: Tell us, which cases do you deem the tool as cheat:

- EME/BHS implement the tool ingame, and lower ping for everybody.
- EME/BHS dont implement (cuz whatever reason) but encourage the player base to use it.
- EME/BHS silently approve the use of the tool, but hush hush and not let the players spread the use of the toons by themselves.
- EME/BHS says the tool is against the TOS, but don't actually crack down and ignore it.
- EME/BHS accounces the tool is illegal, and crack down on it, call it cheat.


Which cases, according to you, is cheat? If EME implements the tool into the game, are you still calling it cheat and refuse to use it?

What makes me infuriating on forums, is that some people are so inclined for topics of honesty, civil, justice, etc.. which in some post I only see something opposite... opinionated personal attacks, no constructive arguments to allow others to try to understand their grounds and explain why it others should agree with them... it's just painful to see people blatantly spit out such hatred against another without truly understanding what's going on-- I'm sure, EME right now is as confused to decide what to do to handle this situation.

This is the high point here. People keep talking about honesty and call other cheaters, but don't think about the core of the idea, about what the other people want.

It's only a cheat, if EME/BHS condemn it, and you guys call it so. What people like @Idi0ticGenius and other developers are trying to do is to make EME/BHS to accept the concept, not counting it as a cheat, cooperate with the whitehat developers to either implement it in game permanently, or at least spread out the tools to provide the larger player base a better game experience.

However so, without knowing the capacity of these tools, and never trying it out, a lot of posters in here condemn the tool as cheat, just because they don't understand it. Does that sound ridiculous in 21st century? Think about it like this. What if BHS/EME didnt call these cheats, would you guys still call it cheat and refuse to use it for "ethical, honest" reason?
@
TWMagimay wrote: »
Spacecats wrote: »
AGY7M6KD9M wrote: »
Spacecats wrote: »
Random4lyf wrote: »
Like. I honestly believe if you reached out and worked with the people you banned already. Things could have been a ton better.

Unfortunately EME did try to reach out to some of the people developing 3rd party programs in an effort to communicate with them, but the answer was no.



@Spacecats https://puu.sh/vyhpK.png

Lying will not help get the community on your side.

This would kind of confirm that we tried to reach out and were denied, wouldn't it? It wasn't me who reached out, so saying "Spacecats would like to talk to you" is kind of weird. In any case I'm not lying, we did attempt to reach out weeks ago and there was nothing.

No. All it confirms is that some unknown person claiming to be working for you tried to reach out. And it sounds like there was no proof of identity provided. If that's how you reached out, well, really...your method is closer to the Nigerian scam than to an actual business meeting.
That's called a proxy by definition, btw

Spacecats used 3rd party....
Babbelsim wrote: »
Well.. all that work and waiting for nothing then.

(Btw how the hel do people exploit the reward system i cant think of how lol)

"exploit" is just basically you can by pass the "grey lock" button to buy higher tier items, you still can't buy it if you don't have enough credit.
You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.