TERA Online forum archive
Posts by allofspaceandtime
thanks for the codes
any codes today?
just think how laggy the game will be when the awaken class skills come out here
I enjoy my lore breaking police car lol. the lore has been broken for years now.
FRSTY wrote: »
Tbh we deserve to be ignored and our feedback forgotten about, 3.7k people have seen the thread and only few of us up-vote and give our opinion. Sad sad sad.

one of the reasons why people don't give their opinion, is because we have been giving it for years now and they just get ignored. ive given mine many times and also in this thread , even counterpoint has given theirs multiple times and they are on player council. sometimes we get the " we will look into it" or " thanks for the comments" , but that's pretty much as far as it goes. so yeah, people feel like its a waste of their time and efforts now giving their opinions.
your work is so beautiful. I don't have the words to describe it cause im not that good at expressing myself , but it is really great work. thank you for sharing it with us.
you learn lessons pretty quick in tera when it costs a lot of gold. you will learn to read something and then re-read it before confirming.
no matter if you expect people to read guides or not, there is a right way and a wrong way to talk to people, and many people in game and on forums like to do it the wrong way. people shouldn't have to look up in other places other than tera itself to learn how to play tera. also it only takes a day or so running solo to get to level 65, so many don't have the experience to run endgame dungeons. even if they mess up, still be respectful to them. if they are being a troll or a [filtered] , then kick them. people not playing your way or dressed in the same costume or mount that you have isn't an excuse for cursing at someone. be nice to each other. games are supposed to be for fun.
I hate it when you do a bg or dungeon and you have afk people or they go offline and not return, but I would rather have to deal with that than letter the party leader have absolute kick power. this is one of those no win situations and it would be abused. its a hard fix to do.
bring back alliance territories where we can craft them again
make sure you are both on the same server as well. I know that is a no brainer, but I figured I would throw that out there to make sure.
I still have over 1k dragon fireworks on av. maybe someday I will sell them
I guess its the same reason I cant play as Zelda in the legend of Zelda games. they don't give us any choice if we want to play as a male or female in Zelda, Mario, cod, and other games. now people see how we females have felt for so long having to only play as a male character. I really don't mind it cause its only a game, something for entertainment.
i have both male and female characters in tera i play as. when i play as a male character, i don't think of myself as being a boy. im just curious to know how many of the people that complain the most about genderlocked classes, watch anime, or have their favorite anime girl figurine sitting on their desk or on their wallpaper?
let them all die the next time until they learn to talk to you with respect. and before anyone comes in about the terms of service, I don't think the terms of service wants people cursing and being rude to others.
@MidnightTune ...come on guy, you should have googled everything about tera and had storm gear before you ever came back to tera. there is no excuse for ever dying in a dungeon, not even once. don't you know that you are messing with people's livelihood when you come into tera not knowing every little detail about it. these people's family depend on the gold and gear these players earn in game. with you messing up on that run, little timmy wont be able to eat for a week thanks to you.........btw, this is all sarcasm. im just pointing out how some people take this game too serious and how some of them act as if this is real what I posted.
people are toxic in this game. people feel like they can talk to you anyway they want to cause its the internet. look at what happened recently in the news about the people playing cod and the swat team shot and killed a guy due to a diferent guy calling in a false report...a troll.
this is the main reason I play solo, so I don't have to put up with those types of idiots. start a guild or join a halfway decent one, if you can find one of those in tera again, and start your own runs. good luck, and remember little timmy is depending on you lol.
thanks for the code
were there any codes for todays stream?
any codes?
Spacecats wrote: »
Yordaddy wrote: »
@Spacecats do you think CU:Velika is an upgrade or downgrade compared to Alliance?
And to be more specific, does CU:Velika offer more (pvp) gameplay time than Alliance did?
Is CU:Velika occupying more people than Alliance did?
also is there any other factor that makes CU:Velika superior to Alliance?

They're similar but different beasts. Not really an upgrade/downgrade situation (even though obviously one was removed shortly before the other was introduced.) Sorry I realize that's sort of a non-answer. If you're just asking my personal opinion, there's a world where both could exist simultaneously or in rotation.

As to the TERA dev team's long term plans (outside what we post on the Dev Roadmap), and the number of participants playing one vs. the other, I'm unable to say. Please don't let that stop good feedback, though. If you think Alliance was the best and still want to see it return, say why and I'll happily pass it on.

I would like to see alliance return because it was something we could do everyday and at different times for those playing in different time zones. also the rewards didn't break the economy or anything. civil unrest is only once a week and the 2 guilds on each server that win it every week are the only ones benefitting from it. hopefully if you bring back alliance territories, we will be able to fly on our mounts, and to even make it better, the bams that are there, use them as the iod bams ( in all 3 territories ), and let us have the original iod back. babysitting island is not fun at all.
Upon reading this thread and reading how easy it is to hack Tera from a script and how BHS does nothing to prevent it except ban people who mention it, but also the other side's point of view about how this proxy thing helps players (but hurts EME and BHS) why wouldn't EME/BHS take this program, buy it or hire the people who made it, fund some sort of security program to make it exclusively available as an EME/BHS product, and USE it?

If it truly fixes the lag issues and many other shortcomings of the game... sure EME and BHS can take a hard stance on it and just say "no you will be banned" but if it were me/my company I'd hire these people, make the program or whatever it is more secure, and let people use it to help improve the game.

Probably that's not gonna happen though, but seriously now I'm kinda worried about the security of this game knowing how easily it can be hacked if someone could just easily bypass login fail into a GM account, that's insane.

I suggested this same idea early 2017 and no response from eme about it.
Spacecats wrote: »
TheDarkWan wrote: »
This is all great but you are forgetting something BHS and EME are super cheap and will not spend a dime on Tera unless they must and as it stands they don't think they must, so all of this is usless. @Jerichow

Well this doesn't really get us anywhere. You don't have to be 100% optimistic to be constructive, but even if you believe changes are unlikely, the better approach is more like: "What would make an idea MORE likely to happen? Why is it worth applying to the game? What hasn't been thought of yet?"

TERA is a living, breathing MMO with changes always in the pipeline. Sometimes just new bosses or fun cosmetics, but if you even just look at the recent history of TERA's 5+ year lifespan, we've seen from Bluehole the new gear progression system, CU:Velika, Harrowhold, and the upcoming awakening system, showing that they ARE willing to explore new mechanics while building on existing ones. Updates like those are not easy. Following a template is easy. But updates like those are born from the drive that Bluehole developers have to try new things and keep improving. I think they're very interested in hearing well thought-out feedback like what we're seeing in this thread.

I understand where youre coming from, but sometimes new changes or new content doesn't mean that its better all the time. I do like that they are trying to improve the game, but I don't think civil unrest is better than alliance. just like original iod is way better than stepstone isle. I do understand that they were trying to speed up the process but iod was a better tutorial. any chance we could at least get that back?
are there any eme staff that would like to share as well? also the reason I said not counting grinding, because everyone is grinding for gear. I was looking for something that really stands out in your mind. like if the game ended tomorrow, what were your favorite memories of tera. funniest, saddest, maddest, and so on.
good memories... i had a typo lol
when was the last time you can honestly say you had fun in tera , not counting grinding for gear, and what were you doing in game when it happened? lets share some god memories.
Just logged on to say ya'll as toxic as fukc. Either play the game, or don't. I play, but I don't spend real money. If I get bored or don't like a game, I play something else. Perspective, people. There's more to life than being keyboard warriors. I understand wanting to defend new players and all, but is there really a point to all this arguing? I mean, it doesn't harm you in any way, right? I'm not trying to defend anyone here, but shouldn't people be more worried about themselves? Nobody is forcing people to spend money and everyone here seems smart enough not to fall for any sort of miswording, purposeful or accidental. That being said, why do we even care about this at all? Also, no money means no servers. (And yes, I'm aware I'm being a keyboard warrior by even giving my two cents, probably the last time for me.)
Just logged on to say ya'll as toxic as fukc. Either play the game, or don't. I play, but I don't spend real money. If I get bored or don't like a game, I play something else. Perspective, people. There's more to life than being keyboard warriors. I understand wanting to defend new players and all, but is there really a point to all this arguing? I mean, it doesn't harm you in any way, right? I'm not trying to defend anyone here, but shouldn't people be more worried about themselves? Nobody is forcing people to spend money and everyone here seems smart enough not to fall for any sort of miswording, purposeful or accidental. That being said, why do we even care about this at all? Also, no money means no servers. (And yes, I'm aware I'm being a keyboard warrior by even giving my two cents, probably the last time for me.)
so being passionate about something we care about is being toxic. if people didn't care about this game, then they wouldn't feel anything and would quit it all together. people have spent time and money into this game, and they feel like they have a right to say how they feel. true some have went about it the wrong way and said things they shouldn't have, but again, they do so cause they care about it. ive played more in one day than i have in a month or 2 the past year because of the way things have been going.
i will admit that if i started tera now, i wouldn't even make it off stepstone island and i would uninstall tera. i started years ago when iod was the starting area and that was what hooked me. the higher levels hanging around helping , the beauty of iod, and how you could party up with someone. the tutorials and storyline. now stepstone feels too rushed, and is ugly and too linear. you cant party up with anyone and makes you feel like you are playing a solo game.
so yeah, i will continue to keep speaking in forums until i don't care anymore for tera, and then when or if that day comes, i will uninstall and i wont come back to forums lurking around, i will quit it all together if that time comes. so call me zena keyboard warrior princess lol
6HDANDTPAY wrote: »
Huge open-world action combat brought me to this game and is what I like about it, but the more time goes by the farther away they get from the open-world. And tbh, as of right now I have no single clue of how it could be improved upon.

that's what made me fall in love with tera, and the things that made me love it, they removed them. iod, farming mobs and bams for drops, low level cs, alliance territories, account bound mounts, and so on. much could be improved on by putting back into the game what they removed. that would be a start.
i thought it was a good deal. i didn't buy it because i can get to level 65 with no problem solo playing casual in 2 days. i think what many may be feeling, and i could be wrong, is that ever since the dragon fiasco, people have lost trust in eme. special events that consists of a cash shop sale hasn't been helping things either. then after an event was hinted on for the holidays and didn't happen made people upset and felt like eme doesn't care about us anymore. and then the poor wording on the sale, intentional or not, added more fuel to the fires of distrust.
once people lose trust in others, it is hard for them to gain it back.
it may not pertain to all players but i know it does to quiet a few. i just hope that eme can get things turned around and talk to bhs or do whatever it is they have to do to make tera better or i fear that people will just keep on leaving and give it a bad name.
Jerichow wrote: »
One of, if not the single biggest reason my friends and I see that Tera can't hold new playeris because it's advertising itself as something that it's not. Tera is a game advertised as an MMORPG, but after playing it for a a few days, or even a few hours - most new players are seeing that this game is in fact, NOT an RPG. It's a true action combat game set in a fantasy world with RPG elements. People come looking for an RPG, when they see that this isn't what they were looking for, they leave.

The ironic thing about your post and all that follows is that, actually, it seems they're very keenly aware of this issue, but they took the exact opposite approach to solving it. They doubled down on action combat as the key selling point. Consider all the changes they made in the last few years:

1) The new tutorial map places a greater, more focused emphasis on action combat throughout.
2) The changes they made to dungeons and the addition of vanguard quests (and phasing out of side-quests) keep a greater emphasis on combat rather that the world/lore/NPCs.
3) The speeding up of the leveling process (and the option to level via dungeons, BGs, BAMs, etc.) gives people more ways to level through combat.
4) Crafting was refocused to have basically no use except to support the gearing process either directly or indirectly.
5) Gear drops simplified during leveling to allow people to level how they chose, rather than being forced into the typical RPG pattern.

There's basically no side-systems, no deep engagement in the world/lore, just... action combat.

My conclusion, in seeing the changes they've made over the years, is that they're running in the exact opposite direction of making the game more RPG-like, and explicitly trying to make ti be more like "a true action combat game set in a fantasy world with RPG elements." My guess is that it's because they decided to double-down on their strength rather than spend an enormous amount of time/money shoring up their many weaknesses (some of which you touched upon).

For this reason, although the feedback is constructive, I think it's an extremely tough hill to climb to convince the very top people at BHS to change the game's development direction that will affect all markets worldwide. Most of these decisions were probably made supported by various forms of retention data/metrics that we unfortunately don't have. And even if they did agree conceptually, it would likely take a year or more before the effects of any such course correction would be felt. Will they think the game too old now to warrant such a dramatic re-imagining to "bring the RPG back"? (A more fundamental question, perhaps, what even is their vision for TERA five years from now? Do they have one?)

I do think some of TERA's biggest problems are vision-related; namely, the lack of a clear vision and effective focus. They've got too small a team to pretend they can be all things to all people, and spent too much time doing all things poorly. But even if they do cast a vision and make it clear, I think it's likely this will leave some players behind realizing that BHS's vision doesn't align with what they want in a game. That would be painful, but at the same time, may be the only path forward for the long run.

Anyway, it was an interesting read, even if I didn't entirely agree with some of the specific suggestions.

if they are so adamant about tera being action combat game and slowly killing the lore, then they should just make everyone level 65 at the start and then as we play through the game we get better and better gear.
Naru2008 wrote: »
And yet no one learns.



It's threads like this that actually partially contribute to the death of the game, and honestly probably make EME staff not want to login to deal with the stupidity and toxicity found in this forum community. Geez. How many times must this be explained before anyone actually learns their lesson?

probably about 8 more times lol
they did drop the ball pretty hard for the 5th anniversary event. all it was to me was a huge sale on things that wasn't even worth it. and now no more account bound mounts, just character bound.
I will understand if the flying costumes aren't account bound due to having male and female characters on the 2 I play on.
as others have said, this game is best played seasonal now. its not like it was before when it was actually fun to play. now I feel like an event consists of nothing but a sale in the cash shop .
LegateTR wrote: »
Here's some super constructive feedback: fire spacecats
at least he is way better than that one old woman with the colored hair that thought she was so cool, but would ban people for breathing in forums.
I actually like the elite one you posted. make an elite where you can run vg and dungeons as many times as you want to. it would make elite worth it. if someone wanted to spend 20 hours a day running dungeons and vg, and playing the game, what difference would it make. yeah they would earn gold and gear, but at least they are paying for it. but the endless runs elite could be like 50 dollars a month.
I see someone else broke their rose colored glasses lol.
CornishRex wrote: »
Gib cross server lfg and I'll be happy

I feel like that would solve a lot of it, but I feel like many that want a server merge, is due to them wanting to have people see what they bought in the cash shop, or to [filtered] or talk trash to. even I can solo the open world stuff, so it couldn't be that.
but that's how they keep you playing the game all day with different alts. if you didn't get the good loot, you run it again and again. I agree that whatever loot that drops , everyone gets one, not just one player.
bring back alliance territories also. civil unrest is only once a week, alliance was everyday. I know people will say that players exploited it or fed kills and all, but its the same one or two guilds that win cu every week. I miss running with my old guild doing daily bams in alliance territories. plus it would give people a chance to pvp again.
we see how the last server merge worked out. lot, highwatch, and the other one, merged into one to make fey forrest. fey forrest is the most populated server....not. so what makes people think merging all the servers, lets say into only 2, a pve and a pvp server, become more populated and save the game. it wont. mostly you have the character slots to deal with. and before someone bashes others for having more than one character in a server, we all know we use them to farm for stuff, and while doing so, we bought cosmetics and mounts for them to look good while doing so. then you have a huge problem, the names. people will quit this game if they lose their names that they have. I like what @Avi said, if you don't like your server, then pay the money to transfer your characters to the one you want to go to. I myself wouldn't pay to transfer from my main 2 servers I play on even if I was the only one left on them. I play solo anyways, so it wouldn't bother me one bit.
also keep in mind that with tera coming to consoles, that it may bring attention to the pc tera seeing how graphics look better on pc, and then eliminates the need to create more servers if that time ever came. how funny would it be if eme merged all the servers into only 2, and then the game got so populated again that they had to make new ones. it would be nice to have the people come, but a big mess again cause people would want to jump over to the new servers to get the names they wanted but couldn't get before, and then people would come on forums crying about not getting the name they wanted again.
Jerichow wrote: »
I don't think I will ever quit outright as some others have. Unfortunately tanking in this game has made tanking in any other game utterly revolting in comparison. I can't stand how other games force people to tank (stat stack, then facetank) and so I pretty much just stay with Tera.

However, another person on the forums described it in a really good way, that this is a "seasonal" game that you play for a couple months at a time per year when new patches come out, and then when things get stale again, you leave for something else.

Personally I think a few changes could drastically revive this game's population, but it would take reworking a few core functions of the game (and I am posting some of those changes to another thread).

so very true. even player housing, fishing, and being able to explore again would help during the slow times. I remember when we could explore without the barriers. I too feel like it would be a lot of work to implement something into the game for the slow times, and at this point in the game, I don't think they want to put in the time and effort due to new projects. some will say that tera is a 5 year old game and isn't worth the extra work and all, but look at how old wow is. there haven't been any wow killers yet. I don't know if its because of the time and money people have invested in it, but I think that is one of the reasons why so many stay with tera, that and the combat being action instead of tab target.
lets hope that 2018 will bring new and better changes for tera.
people that know how to play the game and has been around awhile not afking in velika showing off their latest elin costume, know how to set up their crystals, what to roll on their gear, and + whatever at the time. with all the 3rd party software talk earlier this year, newbies and crappy players are now crying wolf when someone better than them comes along. im not a good player and ive been playing for 4 years. I don't know all the ins and outs of the gear, crystals, and so on. I play a different way than others due to my disabilities , but I did know some really awesome players, and ran with them back in the days before foa patch, and it was so cool to watch them in action. I believe if they came back to the game now, with their old gear, I feel like they would spank many of the new players with the +9 storm gear.
there is a thing called skill. some have it, some don't. and then theres some that think they have it but don't. those are the ones accusing others of cheating. I do feel like if someone is going to be accused of cheating, proof of cheating should be provided to the company, and when the person getting banned askes for proof, they should be able to see it, instead of a vague answer like the one that was given to the op.
I wonder what they will replace them with if with anything
Moroku wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Moroku wrote: »
How can something be "dying" when it is already dead. I hopped off this game a year and change ago and was the best decision of my gaming life.

but you didn't hop off the forums I see, so I guess it still holds some appeal for you. even if you say, I just come on here to check to see whats going on or to read the forums...blah blah blah, again it still holds some appeal to you, and you didn't hop off it completely

Yeah, I dont understand people like him.

When I left WoW I did it completely. I don't even go to their forums since the day I left the game.

When I left Vindictus I did the same.

When I left BDO I did the same.

So why those people that "quit playing this game" come here at the forums? Quite funny, right?

Because I feel bad for people like you still playing this game. I want to save as many as I can. Also, because I quit the game I can't go on forums? Makes sense man OMEGALUL

admit it, tera got into your soul and you cant shake it lol. soon there will be rehab and groups like aa, where gamers will go trying to kick their habit lol. just kidding.
DUCKIPUTZ wrote: »
KaaiYu wrote: »
Our Christmas event is a double drop weekend? We've gotten this event in the past for next to nothing. Throwing in a Christmas loot box without revealing what's even inside it doesn't make it any better.

At best the loot box is a great box that makes the event worth it but misses the entire point of a Christmas event. Spirit.

At worst, it's EME buying time by making people play the event and then argue over whether it's good or not.

I'll find out later, I have work today. What a way to come back to the game.

C'mon EME, you used to be so much better than this.

I look at it this way... it's perfect timing for those that got the lvl60 scroll while it was on sale. Newbies won't have a problem finding a team for low lvl dungeons and they'll be able to stock up on materials for enchanting. Hopefully this will drive up the population and eme can sustain it going into 2018.

bringing in new players and keeping them are two different things.
Moroku wrote: »
How can something be "dying" when it is already dead. I hopped off this game a year and change ago and was the best decision of my gaming life.

but you didn't hop off the forums I see, so I guess it still holds some appeal for you. even if you say, I just come on here to check to see whats going on or to read the forums...blah blah blah, again it still holds some appeal to you, and you didn't hop off it completely
thank you for the codes.
its not a bad deal compared to what it usually costs. poor wording on the description or not.
LesbianVi wrote: »
I agree, the problem is BHS don't care about NA Tera much that is why we got here in 1st place.

its true, many people multiple times have sent bhs letters and emails and nothing has been done. eme tries to talk to them and they do nothing. I feel like bhs mentality is you either eat the crap we feed you and appreciate it or go hungry.
Naru2008 wrote: »
Ray676 wrote: »
No Christmas or holiday events, so EME don't care about community interaction.
25$ gold boxes to line EME pockets. Not holiday spirit at all, only used for taking your shekels.
All access pack shilling, tera player council members going full shill promoting the pack as a good deal. Even though it's another 15$ cash grab with the contents not even worth a dollar.

give us back eme staff that care about players and not just in it for the money. eme staff right now lie to our face and take the [filtered] at the same time, act like they are our friends. should get an emmy for most petty actors

All counterpoint did was explain how the math was wrong. He wasn't promoting it, he was explaining how the math was being done wrong.

Get your head out of your [filtered].

Literally all people have to do to make a reasonable argument is to not lie (and ideally not depend entirely on appeals to emotion, personal attacks, claims without merit, and so on). People could perfectly easily say:

1) They don't think the pack is worth it for them (and, ideally, why they feel that way). (Whether something is worth depends on the person, and it makes sense that many won't feel it's worth it to them, while others might.)

2) The timing sucks because this is happening while we're starved for real in-game events. (Perfectly fair.)

3) Calling the level 58 gear "high-end gear" was confusing and arguably misleading if you're not paying attention and seeing it also says "level 58" (so does not mean end-game gear). (They clearly shouldn't have used those words.)

4) Encouraging new players to use a level-up scroll is potentially problematic because the game does not have a good training process after you use a scroll. (There's a good case to be made here.)

All of these (and probably more) could easily be used to fairly and effectively criticize the promotion. But instead, people let their anger get the best of them and post all sorts of irrational drivel that doesn't stand up to the slightest bit of logic or scrutiny.

Whether people want to believe it or not, I'm neither shilling nor [filtered]-sucking. I'm trying to help this forum not sound like such whiny babies so that the playerbase's points are taken more seriously. But as soon as people are presented with any opposing view (even if it's logical and objective), rather than upping their game and logically countering the argument (as you do in any debate or serious discussion), they go back to throwing feces. And this just proves that their arguments would never be taken seriously by any business executive in the first place. If people would learn to use me as a sounding board for other points of view, they'd be able to sharpen their arguments to be more bullet-proof (and I promise I'll take those bullet-proof arguments and send them right to EME -- that's what I need, and that's what I've tried to do many times already).

The purpose of having a debate is to convince undecideds of your argument. But if you make arguments on this forum only to convince fellow disgruntled players, it's pointless. We need arguments that will convince the people with the power to actually do something; they're the only "undecideds" that really matter. To do that, as a start, I think it helps to at least consider where they're coming from and how they see things from their point of view, even if you totally and utterly disagree with it. If people can't even fathom where they're coming from, then the odds of making a convincing case are extremely slim.


Anyway, the one thing that's obvious is that this was a bad time for EME to skip doing the santa event, regardless of their reasons, and having the third-party site's TERA promo happen now in the midst of that added oil to the fire. All this happening now when they're mostly on vacation so not checking the forum... well, I predicted this would happen. But, like everyone, I can only try to put forward the best arguments I can -- it's up to them to act.

even if I don't agree with you all the time, and its very few, we never get into the name calling or anything like that. I know you have tried so hard to be the voice of reason in the forums, and pretty much kept it professional everytime. keep up the good work. its good to have you on the player council speaking up for us little people.
LesbianVi wrote: »
Vote meh as DA NEW EME PRESIDENT
you have my vote if you will bring back original island of dawn, alliance territories, campfires, account bound mounts, and bring back the old way of having a guild without having to do guild quests for the guild bank. if you can do that, I will vote for you everyday.
I was being sarcastic with my post lol
eme staff cares, they sent out Christmas cards to some of the players, they had wintera as the holiday event, and best of all you could buy gifts to send to your friends.
they could have used the old alliance territories for the big bams instead of screwing up iod. they could have kept iod as the starting area, and then before you go to samael's hideout storyline do the stepstone island quests and all. it would have made much more sense.
voidy wrote: »
This thread really confused me for a minute when I saw a post by me that I didn't remember writing.
Also all these banned users lmao

ikr. makes me wonder if they got banned due to a reply to some of these posts lol
So what, EME had permissions before and don't have it anymore for some reason?
reminds me of a movie I recently watched with my dad called " one crazy summer" john cussac asked bob goldwaith if he wanted to help the girls get a sailboat into the water, and bob's response was " sounds like work to me ".
we have been screaming this ever since they removed them.
be thankful they made an event for Christmas, even if it is after Christmas and a bad time frame, its something. I wont be available to do it due to the time thing, but they did do something.
Meningitis wrote: »
I should add....this thread was made out of pleasant surprise and thankfulness towards EME.
And yet, 90% of this thread is a pile of accusations based on little to no evidence, and whining in general.
That's our TERA community. Good job. Not that I'm surprised.
when you show favoritism to a select few, you can expect people to be a little mad. im not mad that I didn't get a card. I didn't spend money this year, but last black Friday yes. I didn't feel like anything they brought out this year was worth buying. and no more account bound mounts, turned me off of buying them.
so yeah, when the select few, be it whales, or if it is a promotional thing for the game, people getting these cards and coming on bragging about getting one and rubbing it in people's faces when they are already upset that there wasn't a Christmas event, then yeah, expect some to be a little bitter. again, im not mad or upset, but I think the ones that got one should have kept it to themselves cause of people getting upset.
that's like having 3 kids, and only giving one of them a present, and then they go back telling the other 2 that they got one, and the other 2 didn't do anything wrong, and it wasn't the one kids birthday or anything. but if you want me to be thankful, I can be.....thank you eme for sending out some Christmas cards to some but not all players. you are so kind.
you must think that bhs still cares enough about this game to put in extra work? only the bare minimum to keep players going. they will come out with a cute elin outfit or flying mount for the whales. In my opinion, they quit caring for this game a couple of years ago. I think that's why eme started making those *laughs* other games, cause they know tera is a sinking ship. just my opinion.
Xaruki wrote: »
where the hell is the logic to create so many characters on all servers. You sit 24 hours on the terra and where the point is you are playing in 90% of the cases for 1-2 characters

because we want to and its fun.

using your same question, where is the logic for adults to be playing video games in the first place.
some of us play on different servers sometimes. one of the reasons to have multiple characters on different servers is so thatif you ever want to migrate there for a long period of time, you wont be too far behind.
Heruvim wrote: »
Great instead of actually making x-mas events they send us useless cards..

they send some people useless cards not all of us. really nice way to promote elitism . those that got one and those that didn't. people are going to feel extra special now.
I wonder if player council members got cards?
Xaruki wrote: »
where the hell is the logic to create so many characters on all servers. You sit 24 hours on the terra and where the point is you are playing in 90% of the cases for 1-2 characters

because we want to and its fun.
voidy wrote: »
ElinLove wrote: »
To be fair I think name wipe should be an automatic feature of 2 years of inactivity on a character. You get e-mail notification half a year before, 3 months before, 1 month, 1 week, the day before, not done anything? Sucks to be you, "Your.Name_1" it is now.
No one can hoard names because they never know when they can get that name, it's either create a character and try it out when you want a character with that name (the intended result), or be an obsessive crazy hoarder who logs daily to try some name to sell.

If no one wanted your name after 2 years out and you log back in, nothing happens, everything cool and dandy, just keeps as-is when you decide to come back - how many actually do come back after 2 years after all? The ones that do, still may hold onto it anyway.

I frankly see this as a way to kill off the biggest issue of name wipes (they make a huge fuzz about it, so any name hoarder can grab as many as they want when it happens, you can make as many accounts as you want after all if you don't get caught....), and still have it as a fair way of "cleaning the trash".
We all do know there's a ton of players who just try it and never come back, and may have some very cool names there unused, never to be used again.

I like this solution, but I doubt EME has the resources to pull it off as they are now. And I doubt BHS would care to help implement something like that. It's such a [filtered] bummer; this forum's generally full of good ideas that barely get implemented, but the moment some jackass who barely even plays the game comes along and asks them to nerf some event people actually enjoy or have no problem with then it's bombs away.

that last statement is so true
I guess people will just have to be a little more creative when coming up with a name now. I know one of my friends that play tera irl, he got deployed and he will be gone for another year or so, and he cant play the game at all where he is stationed at. I know he has dropped quiet a bit of cash in tera, so would he deserve to lose all his names during a name wipe.
if they made people delete their alts after they spent a lot of money on them, the population would decrease by a lot. they probably would have to do another server merge to only 1 server if that happened.
vkobe wrote: »
Elinu1 wrote: »
Well not surprised, I think this thread can die a painful death now.
I vote to keep it alive so that the staff can see how disappointed many of the players were and still are. don't worry, all will be forgotten when the flying costumes come out.

cute elin iron man B)

cute elin wings..depending on how they are obtained I may have to get some. if rng boxes then I will be doing without
Elinu1 wrote: »
Well not surprised, I think this thread can die a painful death now.
I vote to keep it alive so that the staff can see how disappointed many of the players were and still are. don't worry, all will be forgotten when the flying costumes come out.
if you know there is a name you want, then make it for a character, don't level it to 40 and hold on to it until the class you want to use it for comes out. ive been holding on to a few names myself for a while now on all servers. im not selling them, just knew at some point in time I would want to use those names. and no, they aren't any anime names. nor are they any Japanese names.
the main reason why many want a name wipe is so that they can get their favorite anime name they been wanting. if eme did happen to do a name wipe again, they should hold onto the names, have a raffle for them, and sell raffle type tickets for them. that would be fair to everyone. because if they did do a name wipe, whats to stop these same people that camp out after maintenance and kills world bosses within the 1st minute of servers coming back up. then they would get the names and hold onto them. ive seen it done before, and it would happen again.
kamizuma wrote: »
ok what do i do if i have 81 characters?

2yy72tg.png

there lies the problem with a server merge. those of us with maxed out characters on multi[le servers are the ones that are going to be hit the hardest if they don't increase the character limit. also the name thing will be a problem.
Pathiel wrote: »
I also noticed one of the pets you got at an early level was removed and is now at 50th level? Was this intended? If so, it was a Major source of DPS that is now missing. Any ideas of how to compensate for the loss?
Thanks!

yes it was intentional, I leveled up a mystic from start to finish solo in a couple of days, and I didn't have any problems having to wait until level 50 for my thrall. im by no means in the top 1000 as far as mystics go, also volley of curses doesnt come until the 60s, so that hurt me a lot. I just had to get creative with my other skills is all. all in all I feel like mystic is still a great class, cause I can do damage and I can heal myself. make sure you get a race that has good movement speed like an elin, popo, or castanic. it will make it much more easy for you
Also the teleport exploit has been patched a while ago and is now server side and easily detectable so no I don't think you can exploit the box event anymore without being caught. @counterpoint mentioned this exploit like 5+ times while forgetting this fact very conveniently : )
Because I wasn't talking about a teleport exploit.

I didn't write that....Cornishrex did.
Meningitis wrote: »
I got a random card from EME in the mail wishing me happy holidays with signatures from some of the team inside. I have no idea why I might have received this card, but I want to say thank you!

It's hard to imagine I'm the only one who has received a card. Who else has?

how much do you spend on tera lol....just kidding. maybe you got it from one of their prizes they had a couple of years ago or from a pax event?
At this point, believe if they lose profit they'll most likely simply close the game.
so this is the reason why people wont quit spending money in the game and continues to let things go without doing anything about it? so lets say coke changes the recipe and the customers don't like the new taste and hate it, but they stop buying it in protest to force coca cola to go back to its recipe before, do you think that coke would just close down or change their recipe back? what would make them lose more money in the long run, going back to something that works or just doing away with coke and focusing on their other products? I know what coke did.
Margarethe wrote: »
Margarethe wrote: »
tisnotme wrote: »
are you two going to close this thread with you derailed ramblings at each other ?

The thread was already over with @counterpoint post, in my opinion.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Read them and try to understand and explain the point of hatred in these days because a game don't have a christmass event.
Because it doesn't have a second Christmas event besides Wintera. And I get it, I really do -- it makes perfect sense why people are disappointed compared to past years. (They knew this would happen by making this choice.) But still, there's more to life than focusing on video game disappointments at Christmas. Even if we had the fat santa event, because of the exploits, people would probably just end up here complaining about the loot instead anyway, like last year. I'm not saying people should stop complaining (not like they would anyway), but this is one time where they're going to let everyone drown their sorrows out. It's indirectly because of this:

voidy wrote: »
Want another example, look at the overblown CCB elite fiasco. Barely a response until people started throwing tantrums about something that, in the grand scope of things wrong with this game, barely even mattered. I could go on. Point is, people try to be level and rational all the time and it never results in a "better conversation" with the people in charge of this game.
They're aware they let themselves be manipulated like this sometimes (people make an overly big deal out of some relatively-minor thing because they've learned that this is the only way to get things done). But you can't play this card all the time and win. The direct consequence of over-playing this hand is that you spend most of the time ignored, which is exactly the state this forum is in. He made a big show of the forum winning about this one issue last week, and they got a new build done with a fix before Christmas. But it's not as if that buys EME a "get-out-of-jail free card" or something -- now we've got six pages of "eme is greedy af" because there's no fat santa this year. So, the trade-off: do you do the event anyway to keep up the tradition even though the rewards will have to suck due to exploits, or just not do it this time, break the tradition, and let people live with just Wintera at Christmas? Either way people will complain and call you a scrooge for ruining Christmas. I suspect he chose the "just [filtered] it I'm going home for Christmas" option, and he'll still manage to sleep at night anyway. TERA's problems will still be there when the holidays are over.

At the end of the day, we'll live to fight another day. Despite all the many disappointments and regrets about what might have been in TERA, I hope people are still able to enjoy the holidays.

Implying they "let themselves be manipulated" by players hunting those two achievements.
With all issues in the game, they decided to focus that one and remove the permanent elite CCB creating another issue.

No. Not even slightly close at all. Implying they let themselves be manipulated by the people on the forum complaining that pushing a button on the bar was not a good enough solution, so they got some other solution in place with BHS before Christmas -- even though, honestly, it wasn't going to break anything the way it was (it was just mildly annoying and mostly pointless). They did this almost-entirely so that the forum would get a "win" in the "our feedback was listened to" column. Not that this bought them any goodwill, because the forum just moved right on to the next thing wrong with TERA (in this case, the lack of a open-world hunt event that most people already know is trivially exploited now). There will always be another fight, because people are just this passionate about the game despite its endless list of flaws. (And in fairness, it's been like this since launch -- people have always complained bitterly about this game's wasted potential at every single step of the way.)

Even here, you turned a case where the forum feedback was actually listened to into:
Margarethe wrote: »
Honestly, no point in giving feedback.

At some point you just say "screw these guys, I'm going home." The problems will still be here, in abundance, tomorrow.

I see.
Apologies, thought you meant before they removed the permanent elite CCB.

I wrote, quote:
"Honestly, no point in giving feedback.
Believe, the majority of active players doesn't even read/write on the forums."

Actually playing the game would give them feedback as well.
The forums are only a small portion of the player base (Otherwise the game is already dead).

Removing the permanent elite CCB and placing a 3h CCB in it's place.
What type of reaction did EME expect?

And therefore fixing that issue makes not required having a Christmas event we have every year?
Christmas is once a year.
What should the players think?

If they really only read the forums for feedback...
R.I.P.

"At some point you just say "screw these guys, I'm going home." The problems will still be here, in abundance, tomorrow. "

Of course, as always, players complain because of one issue.
Hyping everyone for shop updates then removing a shop and postponing the other one.
Basically removing faith on the developer roadmap.
It is a long list of issues.

Believe, players that complain on the forums (and like/love Tera), feel the game is abandoned.
Feel like cows to be milked.

they do read our forums , but they tell us its up to bhs, or it cant be done, or they will look into it, or soon. many times I feel like we are the cows to be milked, but I have to remind myself that they are a business, and they are in the business to make money. we make the mistake in thinking that the customer is always right, and that we are special to these companies. I keep telling people if you are not happy with a company of any kind, let your purse or wallet do the talking. people talk a good game, but all they have to do is bring out a new costume or mount and people are breaking the sound barrier swiping their credit card so fast. as long as people spend money then the companies know they can keep on keeping on. when enough people stop spending money, that's when the companies will listen and do something.
Naru2008 wrote: »
I mean they pretty much explained (afaik, this wasn't ever actually stated) that we have plenty of events running right now.

They're not wrong, but breaking tradition is kinda sad.

That and all the open world hunt events are basically broken now due to certain reasons, so the old tradition was probably going to break anyway.

your explanation in the other post about the same thing pretty much summed it up. if they would have added the fat santa event, people would have exploited it in some way, or people would make posts complaining about the rewards not being good enough, or they gave too much reward. eme could have hosted something without breaking the economy like getting everyone together doing something and maybe passing out little things to people. like I said in the other post, players could have held their own event in the game and invited everyone to it, if nothing else a getting to know you and making friends kind of thing. it didn't hurt me one way or the other if they did or didn't have an event. if I were them, with the state of the game and the players, I would have done something for the players to show appreciation to them, but that's just me.
vkobe wrote: »
7D6HAXWL3X wrote: »
EME never fails to disappoint

i think you can forget christmas event forever, i dont see improvment with current enmasse team, so 2018, 2019 and 2020 christmas will suck in our tera :)

you really think tera will be around in 2020?
Jerichow wrote: »
Ammutseba wrote: »
I have to agree on the leveling and lack of solo content. I recently leveled an Elin gunner and breezed through to level 65 without doing most of the story quest, zone quest, and dungeons I did in the past. If this had been my first experience of the game, I probably would have quit.

I couldn't agree with this more - among all of the issues holding Tera back from bringing in new players, one of the worst offenders is the complete gutting of the story and leveling.

I remember years back in the earlier days of WoW and even Everquest, one of the big draws to the game was leveling a character - and I don't mean getting a new character to level-cap in a couple hours. These games had enormous worlds and long, drawn out, extensive level grinds to get to max level where each new level was an achievement all in its own right.

You could spend an entire weekend grinding with your friends to get that one last level you needed to get what you were after. You spend days, weeks even, in cities while you ground through that area's level range. You felt like you KNEW that place when you left.

Now look at Tera. Ask a newer player about Lumbertown.... I dare you.

Removing player involvement in the world was an awful idea. Streamlining the "story" progression was an awful idea. Getting rid of IoD as a starting ground was an awful idea (don't even get me started on how I would have handled that situation because Stepstone Aisle and Anya are worthless additions to the game that serve zero real purpose).

This game's story is actually quite good if you can manage to be lucky enough to experience it, and you can tell some effort was put into it when it was made, and some voice actors like Claudia Black getting involved was really surprising. The downside is, it's locked behind party dungeons that are filled with people just looking to blitzkrieg them as fast as they can to get to the next dungeon and keep leveling.

When was the last time anyone saved Jelena's sister in Cultist's Refuge?

Another major nail in the coffin was the neutering of the item grind, the value of dropped weapons and armor. Avatar weapons are cancer and should never have been introduced - A weapon that makes irrelevant literally every single weapon in the game will do nothing but harm.

Aside from this, loot drops have been shuffled into such a disconnected part of the game play, those who are actually looking for it will see what it is in Tera and turn away. The loot grind is one of the core elements to an MMORPG, and Tera/BHS did absolutely nobody any favors by changing it to what we have now.

Just look at people leaving Destiny 2 in droves, while Warframe remains one of the top 10 most played games in all of Steam (6th at the time of this posting with over 51,000 concurrent active players). Giving people gear and items to work towards is a MASSIVE draw to maintaining a gaming community for an MMO.

I could go on but this is already getting pretty long - but I'm sure you all understand these points. Tera is suffering from mismanagement, both from its Korean developer, as well as EME who seem too preoccupied with their other titles now to give Tera any care and time. This game has outlived its financial usefulness to them, it's why we don't get EME responses to nearly any major post anymore. It's why THIS POST, or this thread even, won't get an EME response - their staff is working on their other games because being newer, they are drawing in a lot more players, and thus, a lot more revenue.

I wish Tera's IP would get bought out by a new developer/publisher, and get the rework it deserves. I wish it would get its localization handled by another company here in the US that wants to make this game something people enjoy playing, rather than letting it live on as a decaying, dying cash-cow dripping its last few drops of net worth into their pockets before getting taken off of life support. I wish a lot of things for Tera, but most of all I just wish it would get treated by BHS and EME the same way we players would treat it, because while it's just one of a handful of revenue streams to them, Tera is where we choose to spend our time off, where we spend our money, and where we try to have fun.

I just wish BHS and EME would stop acting like corporations, and start acting like players and gamers again.

thank you..this has been my thoughts for a long time. you said it better than I could have.
the only reason why those guilds invite people is to level up their guild. they don't even talk to the players after they join. I got an invite to join one recently, and I tested it and waited a week before I quit. during that time not once did anyone speak to me, but yet they are supposed to be a friendly and helpful guild lol. whenever I see players asking questions, I try to at least give them a helpful answer.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Reading this thread I wonder if some people have any friends in real life, familly, important matters to attend or something of relevance at all, because being bitter because a game doesn't have a christmass event only show how sad real life is for some people.

the sad thing is, that for many, chatrooms, social media, and games are the only source of friendship for them. like I posted in this thread already, for those that are in this situation or has a lot of free time on their hands today, why not create an event on your server and invite everyone to it. it doesn't have to be this big grand thing, you don't have to pass out free stuff, just hang out and talk to others, play games and so on. we used to do stuff like that on original iod for the newbies all the time.
I will be staying home and having Christmas lunch and dinner with my family and friends coming over, and we will watch the doctor who Christmas special and other Christmas themed shows and movies.
have a merry Christmas everyone, and play nice.
video or it didn't happen
ive been bad, but I was good at it lol. merry Christmas to all also.
This is sad. I'm a returning player was all excite to play to find that my xbox 360 controller doesn't work. The game says it detects a controller but nothing is responsive. I also have a razer tarterus which is also detected as a controller and it works but I'm afraid thats part of the reason its not working.

my controller works just fine. you may want to unplug your mouse when you try to use your controller.
vkobe wrote: »
at least with lump of coal we can made money with or a nice bbq B)

or they could have let us have the campfires back so we could burn it in them
vkobe wrote: »
vkobe wrote: »
vkobe wrote: »
dgough wrote: »
@Spacecats Over the last few days it seems the community is getting anxious over the lack of holiday content. Are you able to provide us an update on any potential holiday event? If the intention is to surprise us, could you pop in and let us know it may "possibly" happen... wink wink.

its Christmas weekend, so I highly doubt anyone at eme cares about fooling with the game when they have a life outside of work. they want to spend time with their real friends and family. I suggest if people want a Christmas event in game, gather up people in game and host one yourselves. like what we used to do in ch server . you can all meet in a location where it wont lag so bad, maybe hold it at one of the snow places in the game. make it available to all players in the server. invite those new people running around that are hoping that someone will speak to them or invite them to a guild.
Christmas isn't about getting free stuff, and we can all extend the hand of friendship to others in game. let others know that they aren't forgotten during this time of the year.

ye so we can do that in another game B)

I would if the game is better. how many times this year alone has eme boosted up something (or made it sound as if they were going to do something special) only for everyone to be disappointed. people should know better by now. ever since the dragon fiasco, ive learned to just wait and see,and not get my hopes up. believe it when I see it.

the game has more people than tera, christmas song, snow and better decoration :)

I may have to get you to pm me the name of this game if you don't mind

black desert, dont ask me the screenshots, because i dont want to have problem if i post it here, i can post it in the off topic, but not in general forum :)

cool, thanks. now I wish I had a pc that could play bdo. im hoping it comes out soon on console cause my controller for my pc will work for xbox.
natia wrote: »
I wonder what happened to these suggestions and plans.
that's all that they are...suggestions and plans.
vkobe wrote: »
vkobe wrote: »
dgough wrote: »
@Spacecats Over the last few days it seems the community is getting anxious over the lack of holiday content. Are you able to provide us an update on any potential holiday event? If the intention is to surprise us, could you pop in and let us know it may "possibly" happen... wink wink.

its Christmas weekend, so I highly doubt anyone at eme cares about fooling with the game when they have a life outside of work. they want to spend time with their real friends and family. I suggest if people want a Christmas event in game, gather up people in game and host one yourselves. like what we used to do in ch server . you can all meet in a location where it wont lag so bad, maybe hold it at one of the snow places in the game. make it available to all players in the server. invite those new people running around that are hoping that someone will speak to them or invite them to a guild.
Christmas isn't about getting free stuff, and we can all extend the hand of friendship to others in game. let others know that they aren't forgotten during this time of the year.

ye so we can do that in another game B)

I would if the game is better. how many times this year alone has eme boosted up something (or made it sound as if they were going to do something special) only for everyone to be disappointed. people should know better by now. ever since the dragon fiasco, ive learned to just wait and see,and not get my hopes up. believe it when I see it.

the game has more people than tera, christmas song, snow and better decoration :)

I may have to get you to pm me the name of this game if you don't mind
dang....you know things are bad when counterpoint is upset with tera lol
vkobe wrote: »
dgough wrote: »
@Spacecats Over the last few days it seems the community is getting anxious over the lack of holiday content. Are you able to provide us an update on any potential holiday event? If the intention is to surprise us, could you pop in and let us know it may "possibly" happen... wink wink.

its Christmas weekend, so I highly doubt anyone at eme cares about fooling with the game when they have a life outside of work. they want to spend time with their real friends and family. I suggest if people want a Christmas event in game, gather up people in game and host one yourselves. like what we used to do in ch server . you can all meet in a location where it wont lag so bad, maybe hold it at one of the snow places in the game. make it available to all players in the server. invite those new people running around that are hoping that someone will speak to them or invite them to a guild.
Christmas isn't about getting free stuff, and we can all extend the hand of friendship to others in game. let others know that they aren't forgotten during this time of the year.

ye so we can do that in another game B)

I would if the game is better. how many times this year alone has eme boosted up something (or made it sound as if they were going to do something special) only for everyone to be disappointed. people should know better by now. ever since the dragon fiasco, ive learned to just wait and see,and not get my hopes up. believe it when I see it.
Guys and gals, don't argue, its festive time of year. Altho we're beinga abandoned by mEME, we can still have some fun ... one way or another, so ...
Betty wishes a Merry Christmas to all and hopes you can enjoy the view of beautiful IoD

g6QaL03.png

I truly miss this place in the game. we used to hold events there, and have fun with the new people. babysitting island, you cant really do anything there and it isn't as pretty.
dgough wrote: »
@Spacecats Over the last few days it seems the community is getting anxious over the lack of holiday content. Are you able to provide us an update on any potential holiday event? If the intention is to surprise us, could you pop in and let us know it may "possibly" happen... wink wink.

its Christmas weekend, so I highly doubt anyone at eme cares about fooling with the game when they have a life outside of work. they want to spend time with their real friends and family. I suggest if people want a Christmas event in game, gather up people in game and host one yourselves. like what we used to do in ch server . you can all meet in a location where it wont lag so bad, maybe hold it at one of the snow places in the game. make it available to all players in the server. invite those new people running around that are hoping that someone will speak to them or invite them to a guild.
Christmas isn't about getting free stuff, and we can all extend the hand of friendship to others in game. let others know that they aren't forgotten during this time of the year.
LesbianVi wrote: »
For now I just want to kills some Fat Santa, and it seems we won't even be getting that. I have absolutely no expectations to Tera, I am playing way less, and would spend money on this game. Just sticking around for my characters.

Tera at this point is not worth to be focused as a game. It is still fun because of the origin design with characters/classes/combat but when you were here around 5 years, then you tested almost all of it or all of it since there was not much added and also things weren't fixed, just got removed.

Tera is a extra cash for BHS so they can focus on other 2 games. Only thing I hope that somebody make a Tera like MMO or buy Tera's right, because BHS will never fix or improve Tera.

I feel like tera is 2 different games now, one is people trying to max out gear and dungeons...the tryhards, and the others are playing dress up and buying new mounts to afk in velika with. these are the top 2 types that I mainly see now.
I would love to see a company buy out the rights to tera and bring back all of the removed content, and make tera a great game again. add in stuff that needed to be added in a long time ago, have extra side things to do like bdo has, and so on. take a little from other games and put into tera. make a in game dps meter for those that want to know how they are doing, have rng boxes for the dyable versions of a costume. bring back account bound mounts, bring back open world pvp servers, alliances, iod, listen to the players and their suggestions, have holiday themed flying mounts...like a flying broom, a flying reindeer, a flying sleigh or carriage that you ride inside of, a flying rocket style fire cracker , take down the invisible barriers so we could explore again, make the zone quests worth doing , slow down the leveling and make it where you get needed stuff in those areas. theres so many things that could be done with tera but I feel like bhs has given up on tera and only does the bare minimum to keep it open for cash grabs. I fear that it may be too little too late whatever they do now. I feel the damage has been too great for it to bounce back. hopefully the consoles will save tera and spark new intrest into it and maybe bhs will do what is needed to keep tera going and growing. wow is over 10 years old and is still the top mmorpg out there. why cant tera at least be number 2?
maybe they feel like the Christmas decorations, the snowball fight and rewards from it, the wintera gift boxes, are the Christmas events? I don't know. the 5th anniversary event was cash shop sales. I remember one of the player council members bashed me during that time for saying I don't expect anything from a game company or others, that way you wont be disappointed.
I wasn't disappointed then or now. I feel like the big holiday events are cash shop sales and maybe some decorations in game. if there are more, then great, if not , then oh well.
I know their hands are pretty much tied by bhs, but I think many of the players would have liked it if some of the eme staff would have came on in game and held little things like we used to have in ch server. for some people, the gaming world is their life, their friends and family, and they expect some sort of recognition or something from a game for their time and money. they want to feel like this world of theirs isn't as cold as the one that they are trying to escape from. to those people and others, I wish you a merry Christmas, and you are in my thoughts.
in the end, bhs/eme are companies trying to make money. it is a business and sometimes they may come off a little scroogey. so if you do have any friends irl, or in game, enjoy the time with them and have as much fun as you can. don't depend on anyone else to provide the fun or events for you. make it happen for yourselves and those will be the more memorable ones.
lets be honest here, how many spend 200 dollars just to give out to other people during this time. mostly people buy the gifts for their alts so that they can give to their mains. so if you are one of those few people that do actually give away all the gifts that you bought to strangers/friends in the game, then you are not getting as good as you did last year.
xmas event when?

by the way its looking, maybe in neveruary lol. its Friday afternoon already. I kinda doubt there will be anyone in there doing stuff for us this weekend. the gift boxes this year compares to the 1st year of it in my opinion. last years was way better for the people buying the gifts.
At this point i truly think they are intentionally driving people away. I dont know for what sake but its so. May be for ps4? Tera na boring and discourading af. A lot of buggs not adding fun. No events - no tera na. All because if you have job you have to do it. No ppl to do job? Then give it to another publisher or hire ppl dam/n it!!. But do your stuff!
there is no excuse for fact that we got only one battleground even in this month for xmas.
another regions are bathing in attention while we threatened like garbage.

and yet people keep throwing money at the when a new costume or mount comes out. let your purse or wallet do the talking, then companies will listen.
I use a game controller for the pc to play tera. I have mixed feelings on how good tera will do on consoles. I guess it depends on the servers and bhs. if all that works right and if bhs puts in the effort in keeping it relevant, then I would say tera will do pretty good on consoles. but if they treat it like they have been for pc, then I would say it wont last long.
I myself like the feel of paper money in my hands, be it the dollar, rmb, whatever. as long as it is leagal tender.
it is Christmas event....Christmas expects you to spend money and lots of it in the real world, so merry Christmas.
last year's boxes rewards for gifting was way better. you got the skycycle mount...account bound, account bound outfit with a name tag on it, and so on. I half thought that the reward for gifting this year would be the flying costume or something. so much for thinking and hoping I guess.
they got the permanent crystal binds back cause people weren't happy yesterday, how about you guys at eme bring back the original island of dawn for us. bring it back as the original starting area, then have us go to stepstone isle right before we do the sameal's hideout mission. that would make more sense as far as storyline goes. also bring back the level 60 yellow quest in iod about the noctenium.
yes it took longer to level up in iod, but many time faster isn't always better. also, you could skip everything and leave iod at level 1 if you wanted. now we are stuck on babysitter island.
people cried over a little achievement and got their way, how about us others for a change?
they can make 2 different iod's if they wanted to. if nothing else, bring back old iod for looks only. you don't even have to have mobs or npcs.
Nedylene wrote: »
Lolitaa wrote: »
kinda pathetic to put new hairstyles behind rng / money. honestly. really low.

if they are going to sell hair, then they could at least make it look good and desirable. this is starting to remind me a few Chinese mmorpg's that I have seen.
Fanciful wrote: »
I have a few to share. Hopefully they're kinda cute.
Priest - Rations
yHWc8lg.png

Ninja - Fanciful
UpOKr2J.png

Archer - Coriander
13iWM2X.png

Mystic - Flounce
Kvvjbwz.png

What costume is your Mystic wearing? :open_mouth:

that is the " I pooped myself look " costume lol.
You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.