TERA Online forum archive
Posts by Xristosx
Why even have a downgrade at all for that? That seems like a pretty crappy deal to me.
In case you were still wondering about the future of Tera, BHS has made the decision for you. We keep on getting things taken away or reduced rewards wise and now they are touching something 6 years later that they shouldn't touch at all.
sC2mcER.gif



Downgrades are back, and this is worse than +15 awakening weapons because atleast it wasn't as expensive to upgrade back then, but now your spending upwards of 100-200k per try on something that has a 5-15% chance. Guess they need more money.
If we could have a word from EME about this, it would be great, some nice communication, or maybe a leak on a embargo about how this is the case?
ones called MT and the other is TR.
BBQ wrote: »
EME server merge procedure will be the same as Gameforge, it's just that Gameforge has better communication skills.

No its because gameforge leaked the server merge information, so they broke the embargo on how server mergers were done.
The fix will be to make it pink blobs instead
Norafin wrote: »
Priest has a damage talent for energy stars. [filtered] lol.

Well this comes off as a pleasant surprise. As far as I know, there's a few essentials (like crit resist debuff for priests) but other talents are less impactful. So while we will always lack behind ktera, I suppose the gap isn't as big as it may seem. Perhaps we will get some events to get us a small advantage, but I understand that getting for free what ktera farmed their sould to dust for is unfair to them.

Except the fact that this system should of been here almost 3 years ago, so we would of had talent levels close to them, so giving it to us later and making us regrind for it is not fair for us at all. Since we put as much work in as they did, if not more because we had longer harder boss fights. They put talents in and give people a really low amount of levels, you will see people leave.
66P6YL9MH3 wrote: »
I been playing for 4 months now. I honesty don't know what it use to be. I generally enjoy the game. The combat is fun and the pvp is great (though qu-sync will without a doubt kill pvp if it is not fixed). Besides this minor issue, I say come back. The game is worth it.

You're still in the honeymoon period of the game, 4 months isn't much when the games content cycles is generally 6 months. People who have 1+ years with the game know how it is, how the publisher is, how content works and how little the game offers after awhile. Yeah their welcome to try it, but as others said, barely anyone will be tripping over themselves to convince them to come back.
Let me leak this for you, the game has been around for 6 years and the developer is working on their other 12 fps game, so i think they should embargo to another game instead of wasting time here.
Yeah, I'm having trouble, i see we have a new patch and go, wow its just a guardian mission i guess i have no reason to log in.
we wanted it 3 years ago when we were actually interested in playing. The problem is a lot of us have done the content of the patch to death already, so coming back to grind for buffs at a time when the patch is supposed usually dead from this point onwards until a new content release just feels bad. The recent times I've mentioned the talent system i'm sure i mentioned somewhere that i actually didn't want it if they were going to bring the grind with it, because we would of naturally and gradually earned it 3 years ago, but as it stands we'll be worse off with it than veliks helper until we get a reasonable amount of levels behind it. Like i want to be positive but this can and probably will be handled very badly and [filtered] off people even further.(Not to mention how badly ninja and slayer were burned for years when they really needed the talents behind them)
Might i also remind people this was also around the time the January 2016 producer letter that pissed people off with the slow release of FIHM, Dreadspire and confirmation of no talents back then.
Aimovera wrote: »
I love how so many people were begging for the system, and now that there's rumors that it'll come to the west... people suddenly don't want it anymore. Come on...
I personally don't mind the extra grind, I mean you're playing the game anyway so you'll get them regardless.
It'll also FINALLY close the huge gap between the classes and give us the ability to run content the way it should be ran.

we wanted it 3 years ago when we were actually interested in playing. The problem is a lot of us have done the content of the patch to death already, so coming back to grind for buffs at a time when the patch is supposed usually dead from this point onwards until a new content release just feels bad. The recent times I've mentioned the talent system i'm sure i mentioned somewhere that i actually didn't want it if they were going to bring the grind with it, because we would of naturally and gradually earned it 3 years ago, but as it stands we'll be worse off with it than veliks helper until we get a reasonable amount of levels behind it. Like i want to be positive but this can and probably will be handled very badly and [filtered] off people even further.(Not to mention how badly ninja and slayer were burned for years when they really needed the talents behind them)
I'd like to put a damper on this and say if they do bring it, its almost 3 years too late, unless we get some kind of large amount of free starting levels on it, i am not going to be grinding for something i should of had 3 years ago. This feels like a last attempt to draw people back to grind for something ridiculous with the game getting very stale from years of poor decisions, xigncode, bad loot etc. i know people will be like jesus you selfish [filtered] were getting talents now be happy, but no the only reason its being potentially put now because of how clear its become that it was very much needed, they were probably put with the decision either balance the game for regions outside of ktera(which would be way more work for them each patch) or just throw everyone the talent system and be done with it, because the talent system is in the game files in our regions its just not active for the most part. Which im still baffled to this day why they never allowed it in our regions, because the excuse of it was buggy is poor at best at this point since they've still been using it in ktera all this time. Ill stop rambling now anyway swfgjkolhfddfasgawsetrqwet
PVPrs ARE SUCH MEANIES I GET BULLIED ALL DAY OVER THE INTERNET I GET CALLED FATFACE
PLS RESPECT WHERES TEH RPESPECT CAN WE BE CIVILIZED
MOM COME TANK RRHM

tvoXoqR.png
Kinda proving my point.
I'm guessing you are one of those ppl who enter fwc in equalized gear and pve crystals, goes 0/8 and complains pvp is toxic?

On a side note wish they would just remove pve from the game and focus on pvp

No im one of those people who enter fwc in full stormcry +9 and Heroic oath with pvp crystals and do averagely. I only complain pvp is toxic because people tell me randomly to [filtered] off, or run up to me while im sitting in highwatch (while im in full pve setup) and press duel on me and when i decline call me a [filtered] or say im scared even though i dont want to pvp and literally if they inspect me they can see im full skilled in every single dungeon but have like no stats in the pvp tab. I see pvp people like doing pvp because they literally enjoy pissing off people and getting them annoyed. Why else would you want open world pvp and what not. Pve is far more appealing because your actually working together with people. pvp literally is about salt, berating people, [filtered] waving, Literally 95% of the videos of pvp are like LUL look at this guild we SHIIIIIT ON. If you sit on cresentia and look at the area chat all it is was people just swearing and insulting each other. People who are respectful in pvp and kind are rare because pvp brings out the worst in people. Even dark souls has more respectful pvpers.
Good, all the toxic pvpers will leave and contaminate another game. The fact your calling something "pussification" makes me believe your one of those said toxic pvpers.
Besides pvp bg's current are actually the most rewarding money wise content in the game atm if they could change that and give that rewards to pve while their at it Ell Oh ell.
GunnaBlow wrote: »
P.S. Stop trying to like your own comment. Wheres that thumps down button? ;)

If you actually used the forum you would realise you cant actually like your own post. But besides that what the hell does the like button matter?

Secondly you know what open world pvp boils down to, one person annoying the other person then the other person just summoning a entire guilds worth of people on top of them to mass murder them.
Also people sit on those spots because their safe, you basically are saying you want them to remove the safe areas? If they remove those safe areas people will just sit in another spot thats safe what part of that dont you understand. You do realise people left before that pvp change was made so it has nothing to do with it, MT had a bunch of pvp guilds, solunar, man up, manifest, Synergy, blacklist, overpower and a few others, but most of them jumped ship to a game that actually does pvp right, the only reason manifest is the main pvp guild now is because their the only proper ones left.
It gives no reward to do OWpvp according to the majority of the so called pvpers on MT so why bother even? They won't even que 3v3 ..

its not about rewards its about having more things to do in the game other than constantly gear grinding. Its also a great way to make new friends in the game. The guilds are already extremely cliquish and its hard for new players to make friends.

I know a lot of new people who ended up quitting Tera because they were always playing alone.

Harassing people in open world by ganking them is a way to make friends?....what. Hang on lemme just sit in my sand pit making a sand castle while this bully comes over and kicks over my sand castle and them punches me in the face, i really want to be his friend.

If you really want to do open world pvp so badly just get people to hang around those areas and ow pk to your delight, otherwise if you literally want it turned off where people like being, your purposely just wanting to harass people, Which is why we kept the ktera pvp changes. If you want to do pvp do it in BG's, where people agree to pvp you know? Why not declare gvg on a guild to pvp them that way? Or even better yet play a game that actually revolves around pvp, because tera's pvp is the worst thing i've seen, its laggy, desyncs, gray blobs. Why would you want to deal with that stuff.
I think you can probably do it that other way anyway. You know.
AMFKKM74E7 wrote: »
i want to stay anonymous because i'm making bold claims but i feel like its right. This game needs harder content and this is a way of doing so.
AMFKKM74E7 wrote: »
why does it matter now you guys got your veliks buff. go and get your first clear.

I think you missed the letter a. Bald assertion as in something without evidence. I have 20+ clears in AAHM(I currently have no static and im LFG'ing it before you say you have 100+ clears with your full awakened static that doesn't exist) but i still think you're very wrong and misunderstood what i meant by unbalanced difficulty. You seem to have some kind of want to make the dungeon way harder than it was intended to be which is a bit weird.
AMFKKM74E7 wrote: »
ds is going to be hell even if you're apex. they needed to nerf the hp of the bosses in ktera and thats when they got their first clears.

Yeah ktera had trouble, guess what, they also have the talent system with the 20+ power and endurance AND the extra skill effects, do you think it's going to be balanced fairly for us? or are you going to keep claiming "lulul dont give us what ktera has it mak gam tu ezay". So maybe you need to rethink things, okay di pro sky or whatever.
Sametbh wrote: »
NA Players: There's no content, this game's literally too easy.

NA Players: Give us buffs, why don't you compensate for our lack of talents? EU has buffs and CAP. Why don't we get more consumables?

If it were actually the case that the content is too difficult for people to clear, either EME or BHS would fix it. (They do monitor clear stats.) It's obvious to all involved that the real issue here (at least with this stuff so far) isn't really about difficulty, it's about wanting to improve the reward/time ratio. People just keep trying to attack this issue from multiple angles hoping one of them will work to make farming dungeons more rewarding in any way possible.

Well the hardest dungeon of current and previous patches have been extremely unrewarding for the longest time. The fact our clear times on dungeons are much longer than ktera and were only receiving the same rewards it doesn't feel good at all. RKEM was probably the only dungeon in a long time to actually have decentish rewards. The last real time loot drops were made rewarding was back in early 2015 when SCHM was out for a few months, EME actually changed the loot drops so people clearing it were actually getting a net positive gain in loot drops and consumables because previously they were actually losing consumables and money for running the hardest dungeon. You know what happened? EME apparently got in trouble for changing the loot to be rewarding and they had to cut back a week later. Like ktera wanted people in NA to recieve [filtered] only?
So people want to clear faster so they can atleast kinda feel rewarded. But it still irks me so much we never got a such a integral system like talents, like why was it seriously never activated, because it sure as hell is in our games files.
AMFKKM74E7 wrote: »
Xristosx wrote: »
You're only response has been "lul git good", you haven't actually provided reasons why the difficulty is fine so your just a troll baiting people.

i'm just saying its clearable if you have competent people in your party.

Yes i'm very well aware it's clearable, but its more ridiculous then the devs intended. If the devs intended it to be done without talents and the dungeon was as tight as it was for us in ktera i would have no issue. Would you like to play dark souls where you're only allowed to take 1 hit before dying and all you can use is a +0 broken weapon so it takes you 30 minutes to kill a boss? Yes thats "clearable" But is it what the devs intended? Is it fun? No its not how it was intended.
You're only response has been "lul git good", you haven't actually provided reasons why the difficulty is fine so your just a troll baiting people.
AMFKKM74E7 wrote: »
i rather not have veliks buff in aahm. its quite challenging. just remove the cage gltich

Why not use crux crystals, or run the dungeon without priest or mystic buffs, maybe even race change and have everyone in the party as a baraka, it will be even more challenging that way.
AMFKKM74E7 wrote: »
AAHM is pretty difficult how it is now but with velik's buff i think it would make it too easy. It requires the highest item level in the game so i would expect it to be the hardest dungeon in the game.

Normally i would be against making things "Easier", because why should you make it easier than what the developers designed the game to be...Except one problem, we have a much harder and unbalanced version of the same content. BHS made that dungeon, designed the bosses, made attacks that they expected people to quickly react to and iframe within a split second so expecting 10-20ms ping, set up the bosses hp endurance and time limit's based off the expected gear level of someone entering that dungeon with almost full +9 sc and by that time that person would also have a decent amount of talent levels. Guess what, were missing the talents system, the talents that would of provided at the bare minimum the veliks helper's (23 power 23 endurance i think?) and on top of that a lot of the extra skill powers and effects that talents bring.
This was peoples's concern over the talent system never being brought over to other regions two and a half years ago and people were reassured that the game wasn't being balanced around it and that it was just something extra. But as time has gone on the gap has been constantly increasing with bosses endurance being increased and the general clear time of a dungeon made even longer, time constraints on bosses have been made much tighter all because of the [filtered] talent system we don't have.
How would you feel if ktera also only had access to glyphs and we only had access to the vanilla skill effects? Or how about if ktera only got awakening/apex and other regions didnt? The game would be extremely difficult to the point where it would be almost impossible.

For anyone else reading this the talent system isnt the gold and silver talents we have in NA(I feel like that name was a [filtered] jab toward us not having it, not really but still), Its a sytem in ktera where people earn extra points over time from their vanguards and stuff and they have access to passive effects they can level that add to their skills or just some passives in general. Which also reminds me of another thing with bosses having way higher crit resist than they used to because in ktera priests and mystics get a talent passive they can spec into that also reduces the bosses crit resist, which also makes critting easier for dps, thus they have to make harsher dps checks by raising the crit resist of bosses. Except.... we also dont have that.. so you know. really [filtered] situation. We were told that the system was not going to be brought to other regions because the system was buggy, except ktera kept adding new talents and even including talents for the new classes that hadnt even been around when system was initially created.

One last thing if they wanted to keep people playing and grinding they would of gave us the talent system back then because it was something to grind towards even after you finished gearing for that patch. But at this point i dont want the talent system because that's 2 years i've wasted not grinding towards it. The only real acceptable solution at this point is to actually balance our game based on what we have available which i highly doubt EME would do because they dont play the game nor understand it, which is why im baffled they wanted to preserve difficulty or some [filtered] by not including the buff the first few weeks? They probably just wanted to [filtered] off people so people wouldnt log in for a few weeks so their server's wouldn't be hounded by a new patch because it barely runs when under stress.

Also good luck with dreadspire that ktera had so much trouble with even with their talents.

TLDR Difficulty in a game is fine to have, but NOT when its unintended difficulty

Also i know your post was probably a bait troll post because no one can be that simple minded but i guess i took the bait because no one is that silly.
I mean they said it was to make it challenging, but i feel like it was a convenient excuse because they probably couldn't be bothered looking up how to do it or maybe their incompetent enough that they need BHS to do it.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/323370/TERA/ People who use tera on steam or dont, feel free to leave a few reviews to warn people. Since their steam page doesn't mention it either.
What you don't get is were not getting awakening exclusively, Ktera has it. So the game is still being balanced around that AS WELL as talents. So the gap is still there and hasn't changed one bit. Awakening changes nothing. Why would it? Talents are still missing.
What part of EME or BHS doesn't get stop balancing around talents, why would they make a system that affects the games balanced and then only make one region get it. Literally some classes are atrocious in NA because of how much it changes how they work. Who the hell thought this was a good idea?
Partyblast wrote: »
DWDE6GFGWH wrote: »
flarecde wrote: »
They made a comment a couple days ago, the answer was no.
https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/22500/any-no-talent-system-for-na-eu/p4

Opening new threads probably won't change the answer. It just makes more locked threads.

And if you actually read, the answer from him was a no on the talent system. We are trying to get compensations, not the buggy talent system.

EmE won't read the alternatives people are suggesting, which includes a fix already looked into by Gameforge, they'd rather just state the same answer of "there are no plans to bring the talent system over" instead of actually communicating.

Honestly, the "fix" isn't really a fix. It's a "make the instance a bit easier" band-aid, but the issue in the current case truly isn't "the instance is too hard and it needs to be easier so people can clear it," it's just that people want it to be marginally faster to improve rewards/time.

If you really wanted them to implement compensating buffs that truly make up for the loss of talents, it wouldn't be just the (amazingly poorly-named) Goddess Blessing buff EU used. It'd have to be a comprehensive solution that also fixes class balance differences and everything, and only BHS can provide a solution for that.

It's not a fix yes, its more of a alternative because we should of got talents when ktera got them over 2 years ago. Now honestly i don't actually want the talent system any more because the amount of grind it would add at this point would be terrible. I'm more pissed off the fact that they ARE balancing the game around that said system that NO other region has. When they design dungeons they are designing them around a specific perceived amount of damage based on gear, glyphs and obviously talents
You can even see some changes they made most likely because of talents, namely the healers resurrection cd which they nerfed the speed and cd casted to create more "tension" because that tension was absolutely nothing with the talent system because they have a talent specific to res speed and cd, another example the bosses have really damn high crit resist because healers have talents that reduce crit resist consistently. A lot of classes are litterally missing out on atleast 10-20+ power that are given from talents, which is ALOT you would realise if you actually played the game.

So i dont want the talent system at this point because we have missed out of 2 years of farming and leveling the system so it would be a pain in the [filtered]. What i do want is something reasonable to compensate for what the talents system would of potentially given us over the 2 years. It's not a case of us asking for a easier game, i'm all fine for challenge, but only when its intended challenge.

I play a lot of difficult games and they are enjoyable because the difficulty was tweaked a certain way. imagine say your favourite ARPG game, lets just say dark souls for example, Imagine they had a boss that you had only 5 minutes to beat, it was fine in the korean version of the game because they could upgrade their weapons and stuff and the developer made that boss in mind with those abilities and items. Now imagine they port it over to america and somehow something went wrong in the localization process and it broke the upgrade system where procs and damage enchantments weren't working and there was no way to progress and unless you flawlessly did this boss you would never meet the timer. Do you think that's fair? That the americans would have to work way harder than another languages counter part because they recieved a inferior version of the game?

Goddess blessing in every dungeon is a bad solution, but at this point we'll take anything we can get because we know BHS doesn't give two flying carps about us or any other region except when its bringing in money and randomly introducing mystery item passes for $60 that could contain sparky for all people know.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Xristosx wrote: »
It's called this game isn't designed with high ping in mind, so since the mount has like 0 seconds cool down with the recent hyper turbo time(whatever its called) on, mounts glitch for people who have high ping and it constantly dismounts you immediately. And No they wont fix it because the game was designed around 10ms ping ᵃⁿᵈ ᵗᵃˡᵉⁿᵗˢ for koreans.
But dont worry once the events finished things will work fine.

Like most if not all real time on-line games are made.

If you dont want ping to be a factor in your gameplay then you can play based turn on-line games, there ping won't put you on disadvantage.

Have you played FPS? Those who have better ping there have it better than those with high ping.

Have you played RTS? Same thing as the FPS.

Have you played MOBAs? Same thing as explained.

Have you played Fighting games on-line? Same issue.

Have you played Sports games on-line? same thing.

So, I will said it again, those who doesn't want ping to be a factor for their game performance then you can chose a turn based on-line game.

Uhhh i was just trying to explain to him that the event was causing the issue?..... all that other stuff you said wasn't necessary. But if you want to go into that, Yes responsible games do some things to mitigate a little bit of the ping issue, like skill queuing in both RTS/MOBA/MMO, of course fighting games need a lot more of a better connection because of frame perfect inputs and such, but any MMO should know that players will genrally be from 0-100ish ping at the very least because im sure americans do even get up to 100 ping, but because the game was developed with only koreans in mind initially then they stupidly decided to make the game rely on <20 ping.

But i digress yeah the gist of what i was trying to say was because of the recent event the hyper rapid turbo time it causes a issue with high ping players because it probably confuses the button press for multiple presses because of ping. But anyway i'm not knowledgeable on this i was just trying to tell him that things will be fine soon and to ignore BHS's rtarded bad coding. once again there was no need to bring out this massive rant. Your line of reasoning is selfish at best.
It's called this game isn't designed with high ping in mind, so since the mount has like 0 seconds cool down with the recent hyper turbo time(whatever its called) on, mounts glitch for people who have high ping and it constantly dismounts you immediately. And No they wont fix it because the game was designed around 10ms ping ᵃⁿᵈ ᵗᵃˡᵉⁿᵗˢ for koreans.
But dont worry once the events finished things will work fine.
I don't think i saw that in the Korean versions at all, so you guys did original art? that picture is pretty damn cool, well done.
Digivolve wrote: »
At first SCE was "EU specific". In time, NA will get its turn for KNX

Yeah you know what else was EU specific? Dreadspire extreme, Forsaken island extreme. So no, we didn't get those so its extremely unlikely we'll get that.

On the topic of that buff, that buff should of been enabled in all 65 dungeons by default to make up for the lack of talents for over 2 years because otherwise content takes much longer than it was intended for. I don't want to hear people go ooo but then the dungeons will be too easy! This content was designed and balanced around a certain amount of power and stuff with all the skill buffs and the flat out power increase that ktera talents gives. BHS don't seem to care about our region or any other region so it's continually making our game worse because they refuse to give us the "Bug filled" Talent system, Like they balance the classes around it, they nerfed the healers res speed awhile back because i'm pretty sure theres a talent that makes that super fast as well. All the bosses have more crit resist than normal because theres a talent for both healers that reduces the bosses crit resist. There's a reason mystic has beating out priest for ages in every other region besides ktera.

So please EME give us the buff by default in dungeons.
The game is alive and well - don't believe the armchair data scientists that don't have any real information. I have access to the actual login numbers. Folks that say otherwise are just seeding unrest or making conjecture-based statements.

Yeah while its true that a lot of people don't have information, a lot of the time when you guys give out information it avoids a lot of the numbers involved in concurrent logins and weekly numbers or anything real relevant, You guys usually use meaningless stats like accounts created and whatnot.

I made a comment on someones info graphic thread a few months ago
https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/204714/#Comment_204714

What i really mean is you never show anything so that doesn't lead to a lot of confidence when you guys are so reluctant to show anything. So then people have to rely on what they see and silly things like steam charts http://steamcharts.com/app/323370 . Which I'm well aware isn't even close to correct as most people don't use the steam client.
We would like to believe the game is alive and well but nothing shows it a lot of the time. Seeing is believing.
Yes one reasonable event is nice I'll give them that, but one thing doesn't make up for years of neglect, it'll take a long streak of good things before they garner back any of the goodwill they want. But that's just my opinion.
I understand you folks working at EME are real people with lives,feelings and i don't mean to be harsh but you guys are a business in the end and a unhappy customer is not a good thing as word of mouth is powerful.
Any time i could bring up Tera to a friend it is very hard to convince them since i have to tell them BHS also makes Tera as well, as most people know BHS badly messing up PUBG alot of the time.
https://www.essentialmana.com/
Has a lot of information that could be helpful to you.
Its not entirely up to date on somethings but I'm sure with a little extra research elsewhere you wont get your information wrong again, besides other things.

And its Idoneal
I don't like the idea of it being random at all, and REALLY don't like the fact that they aren't in the character creator...how am I supposed to test the hair style with the right color? I want the Babydoll Sucker Punch hair...but it will need to be the right color of blonde, if I can never see it in the character creation..how can I know lol ._.

Because they want to be greedy and get people to spend more than needed. That is the simple reason behind rng.
metagame wrote: »
did u take that image and add on some pictures too it too

meme
miːm/
noun
noun: meme; plural noun: memes

an image, video, piece of text, etc., typically humorous in nature, that is copied and spread rapidly by Internet users, often with slight variations.
What you have stated is not what occurred. The uploaded Youtube Videos showing the new Hair Styles were created and uploaded by us.
While Gameforge actually logged on their characters and took screenshots, EME just decided to once again half [filtered] everything and steal a video from a youtube of someone showcasing the hair styles :+1:

What you have stated is not what occurred. The uploaded Youtube Videos showing the new Hair Styles were created and uploaded by us.

Edited : Nexon shared their videos with us to use.

Hey i love how your response as a EME employee is to immediately lie to everyone, that really makes people trust you, you know? Maybe stop treating us like idiots because we know more than you and you cant let stuff like this slide because we will call you out on bs. You guys only retract when you've been caught with your hands in the cookie jar.

7oXhuM8.png
Xristosx wrote: »
Actually Feb. 31st. Get it right.

;)

Only 28 days in this month this year. :#

Also
Xristosx wrote: »
I think everyone just needs to be patient, EME has a development roadmap that they say whats coming out. They promised january so it'll be out in january.
QijBgcb.png

that image was photoshopped

Yes yes it was. First date was correct. I see the second date being correct too. unless theres a mysterious unlikely patch this week. I want EME to prove it wrong, but all their promised dev roadmap updates have been basically at the end of the month.
Actually Feb. 31st. Get it right.

;)

Only 28 days in this month this year. :#

Also
Xristosx wrote: »
I think everyone just needs to be patient, EME has a development roadmap that they say whats coming out. They promised january so it'll be out in january.
QijBgcb.png
Honestly if you just started you probably should give it a month or two to find out whether the game is worth your time before wasting some money into it. Sales happen every few months anyway, not to mention there's a bigger sale when summer and black friday rolls around.
ElinUsagi wrote: »

It's funny how you bring Tonka into this thread when he was as much hated than respected, he was no better than most of the eme staff and if anything I won't show respect at someone who keep players who loved harrasing others, griefing others for their own amusement and exploiting the game only because they were friends with him.

There is no point in complaining about the removal from vanguard rewards and the new events, people always complained in the past becuase they never liked the rewards being op or good anyway.

If you need a permanent event going on to enjoy the game then I don't think you really enjoy the game but a ephemeral aspect from it that has nothing to do with challenge, gameplay or lore.

I think those who complains everyday/week for the lack of events really needs to think the real reason why they are even playing becuase it really seems they don't enjoy the game and are only doing it becuase it became a habit that would be more like a vice than anything else.

I only really started playing a lot in 2015(i did have the game in 2012 launch), so my experience of Tonka is only really the last year he and Minea was around, so i don't know about any of those things you talk about that he did, but if he did something like that then that's not great.

Events aren't really the problem, its more rather what rewards are given out and how long people are expected to play to make any meaningful progress which is why removing the vanguard rewards(not just the credits) is a headscratcher to me as less rewards means playing twice as long for the same amount. I enjoy the game for its gameplay of its combat and the fun content dungeons bring, unforunately the game has a severe lack of content and we basically get 2 new dungeons every 6 months, dungeons that for any normal player that plays the game will be done with that content after a month or two max.
I only am bothering posting this because its coming from my love for the game from what i enjoyed of it the past 3 years, but maybe your right i should probably cancel my elite and find something else to enjoy.
I currently have 3 level 65s - and working on my 4th (nothing compared to some of you, but I'm no slouch). So not sure where you get information that we don't play the game. I play every chance I get, so say hi to Dark.Gunny on CH if you get a chance.
The information isn't straight from actual facts, its general assumptions on how we see EME act in a lot of different situations such as completely forgetting to update loot tables to even the regular standard(what was up with the 4500 metamorphics which each other region had straight away) which is the only end game example i'm giving so it isnt just "hardcore" players, Basic things like seeing CM's on a stream run a basic low level dungeon and wear the incorrect crystals, or you know suggesting in that twitch video with the new gear revamp "hey i like my gunner to be more tanky so i'm gonna put aggro reduction damage rolls on the chest" and while this one sounds nit picky it is literally the most basic thing you should learn at max level.
Claiming on stream were looking forward to the new GM tools we recieved in this upcoming update, when you guys were talking about the guardian legion content actually without knowing like isn't it your guys job to actually know the ins and outs of your product? We ask that you make better events for the lack of content and the response? You take away our double vanguards and then put short events that bring the standard back only for a short while, sooooo the only way you could make your events slightly better was by making the overall experience worse?
It's all about perceptions and what we see, back in the day you saw both Tonka and Minea actually running dungeons and actually playing the game, you wonder why people liked them, because they gave the feel that they cared about the game and had some kind of joy for it. What do we see of you guys? We see a player council that the majority of them dont play anymore( The majority not some of them, i know you play lucky etc.), we see EME staff that all they do on stream is shill for new costumes and do some silly bam spawn on stream sometimes, Your only attempt recently after to show you guys play the game is have a person(who isn't on the main part of the tera staff afaik) level up a character for level 11 after a hour stream, If you do have these characters that are at max level like you say you do why not show your experience on stream and actually show us your playing. Maybe even interact with your playerbase directly. Because i feel like a lot of us(which i could be the minority) feel like your a cold heartless machine that doesn't care about the game and is only doing the bare minimum for a profit and trying to milk all you can out of the game especially since you've branched out to newer games and barely increased the staff, you make it sound like there's literally only 5 people running Tera.

TL:DR Perception is important. Actions speak louder then words.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
For some players you don't play the game if you don't keep clearing the only 5 star HM dungeon in the game everyday and do HH every week.

If you understand how ridiculous is that statement from those people you would be better ignoring them.

No its because of the above reasons i just listed, the problem is no one even see's them clearing base level 65 dungeons like RG, KC, SF which are the most basic of basic dungeons at max level. I mean spacecats did do battlegrounds sometimes even though he had a massive lack of understanding of the game, it did make him seem more relatable still. So no its not exactly being the most hard core player ever, it's more showing that they care about the game they run and not doing the bare minimum to get by.
Koikoi wrote: »
But I SHOULD be allowed by default if it's on a PvP server.

No, Cooperative content doesn't give you the right to be a massive C.
Yeah a lot of them have been actually pretty useless for years but they don't remove them even after multiple people have told them over the years. I think they honestly keep them there at this point just to have a larger list of things that can trick new people into buying elite. Now i'm not saying elite isn't worth it because i have been paying for it(not with vouchers) and i do like elite for a lot of things. But i feel its disingenuous to have basically a list that while is true should still be updated to be relevant, and yes i do know some things have been updated such as the elite gift box/consumable box, crystal binds and the mount every 6-10 months, but it stands that the rest are fairly out dated. Though keep the double rep because otherwise us losing the x2 vanguard rewards will be even worse(which i still am scratching my head over).
Xristosx wrote: »
Post i made on the 24th Jan

Heh...

It wasn't a patch change that they got automatically, but something they manually enabled (hence it being off the patch schedule). So, partial credit, I guess.

What he said - it had nothing to do with any patch. It was a setting enforced by our tools. Today we removed the setting.

So does that mean the same thing will happen with male brawler? Since it was nothing to do with the patch you should be able to enforce that right away with your tools correct?
Spacecats wrote: »
The only thing said about race changing to Elin Gunners is that it would not be possible. Nothing has led us to believe that this will change in the foreseeable future.

Post i made on the 24th Jan
Xristosx wrote: »
Eruanne555 wrote: »
So I have done a thorough scouring of the internet and I have come to the conclusion that race changing your Gunner to Elin is not possible...UNTIL 2018.

This was actually stated in a previous patch note. Well...it's 2018! Can I race change my Castanic Gunner to an Elin one? I can't seem to find any posts on this that were made in the new year, everything thus far has been promising this ability, but dated late 2017.

Has anyone heard or read anything new?

Ignore the eme employees they never look at what their patches do even though they usually get it a 3-5 weeks in advance

0TZHlNA.jpg

https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/patch-notes-64-03-guardian-legion-missions-2

Game forge just said their latest patch allows race change to gunner to elin, so i imagine that it will mysteriously be available in NA and that will EME will be happy to report that they made changes to allow it and that you should be happy about it.
You can get vouchers from the in-game store or here.

Heh...
But don't you guys see, if they gave us Forsaken island then we would ask for much more. We'd ask for wonderholme, manayas core and <insert other dungeon>. Also be sure that we'll be told our feed back has been passed on.
Why are we asking for things, we just got given guardian legion the content that totally wont be dead within a week or two, buy all these new cosmetics btw.
But honestly you can't ask them for things because they have like 6 staff members working on Tera pc, otherwise if they had more there would be less of a excuse why there's barely anything done.
You say make regular events with okay rewards but not good, but me personally when i see a event that is only okay rewards and in a unfun event, it doesn't make me want to play, you know what i do, i just ignore it and play something else, because whats the point of a event if it isn't fun, i'd rather give another game my time because of the staff here are making lazy events. The only time a unfun event is decent is when it gives good rewards. Do you think people enjoyed the 3 days of 24 hours mongo event? No, but the rewards were so good it made up for it.
You look at EU/gameforge and they have weird and fun looking events, like changed dungeons with effects or you know the event server they did, meanwhile our test server was the most boring thing ever and they didnt even do any fun weird events in it even though those characters would of been deleted anyway.

If the "events" that are coming up are just "run this dungeon that you've ran all the time but heres 1-4 extra pieces of crappy loot" then dont bother. You know what we do when kyras is around? we find the least annoying dungeon to run while still having reasonable rewards because its never fun.But you know i might just be one of those "old salty" players. So people can feel free to tell me they love the stupid events we've been given, that im out of touch and a idiot.

kEceyfh.png
Okay alex ill take Tera for 500.

O O O O O i know the answer to this jeopardy question.

What is QA testing?
Just so no one's disappointed heres a example of what a EME event reward looks like
fPHEaAw.png
Actually i'm in the minority that likes that healers are dpsing so as a zerker dps i can just use slaying crystals on the boss and wreck things easily
Servers are back up but we need to verify a list of things before we can open up to the players. SOON (tm)!

are you guys doing anything to make future maintenances less... terrible? it's pretty clear that your process has some serious flaws, given that every single week we have oversights and delays and extended maintenances.

Some QA testing might be something they should invest into to avoid these problems in the first place. You know, Key feature of a patch doesn't work. Wouldn't doing the event normally for 10-30 minutes caught this problem before it happened.
ElinLove wrote: »
Yes guys, En Masse DID listen to us! I do have to give credit when it's due, and this time it is. Thanks a lot for this change

39Ei5sn.jpg
qcMZ2pq.jpg

Uhhhh No....? Dont say that, they literally did nothing, this change has been known for months in ktera. You do realise they basically have no control over that stuff? BHS did that, Eme literally just plugs the update into our servers they receive from BHS and then gets people like you to think they actually do something. So no dont praise them.

https://essentialmana.com/news/ktera-928-patch-note/
StarSprite wrote: »

Yeah still stand by what i said, stats like that. How many dungeons completed, dungeon specific deaths(the ones listed are just the boss specific ones and thats probably severely skewed because of them spawning those bosses during open world events, especially nightmare lacelith that was putting puddles on everyone in the region like even people who were afk in highwatch and one shotting people who didnt even know the boss was on the map). Even the GM activity thing. EU even posted stats relating to HH awhile back
https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/harrowhold-death-everywhere
People even asked during the time to make a similar thing in NA and they said they would look into it and they never did it. (or on their radar which i guess is a half hearted way of saying no)
https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/9564/harrowhold-infographics-request
What im saying is our stats are either aren't very meaningful or made out to be numbers bigger than they should be.
If they want to post relevant stats how about they put a infographic on how many accounts and characters were made in 2017.
Those infographics you listed one was from 2017 midway that barely had anything useful and interesting, The tera rising one you listed was most likely 2014 and that still barely shows anything useful. The other one was from 2012 around the release of the game.
Heres another one they made in 2015 http://massivelyop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/TERA_on_Steam_Infographic_v3.jpg
and all it was showing was good looking stats around steam release, those stats are not even close to true any more.
So they made 4 lack luster infographics in the 6 years tera's been around?
Now im not saying hey post all the bad stats, but i actually would like to see relevant stats

TLDR: So when i say close to that in our region i mean something useful and fun stats not the same useless ones they pump out.

In summary for stats i think would be nice
Dungeon clears, deaths. (Maybe lifetime HH stats as well since you didnt post them around release)
Corsairs played, deaths, average round time
Fraywind played, deaths, average time, maybe the heatmap like that was posted in one of those.
Vanguards completed.
Elin gunners created since this would be relevant
Maybe something fun like how many people have +9'd something stormcry
Accounts created in 2017, Concurrent players(Probably wont happen)
That's all i can think of now.
Those are some nice cool stats, shame we'll never see something even close to that in our region.
kivelz wrote: »
qkqkqkk when it be out

ktvftZv.jpg

Reading comprehension

Also for all future patch updates for the next 3 months refer to my fake roadmap taking the [filtered] that EME promises patches for that month and then releases it basically at the end of the month.
ni5xRG1.png

Prove me wrong Eme, i'll welcome it.
Eruanne555 wrote: »
So I have done a thorough scouring of the internet and I have come to the conclusion that race changing your Gunner to Elin is not possible...UNTIL 2018.

This was actually stated in a previous patch note. Well...it's 2018! Can I race change my Castanic Gunner to an Elin one? I can't seem to find any posts on this that were made in the new year, everything thus far has been promising this ability, but dated late 2017.

Has anyone heard or read anything new?

Ignore the eme employees they never look at what their patches do even though they usually get it a 3-5 weeks in advance

0TZHlNA.jpg

https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/patch-notes-64-03-guardian-legion-missions-2

Game forge just said their latest patch allows race change to gunner to elin, so i imagine that it will mysteriously be available in NA and that will EME will be happy to report that they made changes to allow it and that you should be happy about it.
I actually liked you with your quirkiness despite the issues that happened and despite your lack of tera knowledge a lot of the time. But i don't like the bullet EME made you constantly had to take to cover their asses that eventually made you a meme out of all our frustrations with the company, so hopefully your next company treats you better and inturn you can be a much better cm in more peoples eyes if you cm for another game. Good luck in your future jobs and best wishes.
Zaporia wrote: »
You think you have a problem, this is normal for us in the land downunder.

https://ibb.co/jO8Kob

Have used different VPN's to reroute the connections, but it doesn't matter as soon as it hit's a zayo.com interlink it goes bad.

P.S. That's Australia if you didn't know the song.

You realise that savvis is worse for us than zayo. That ping you have 220 is pretty much damn low for aussie ping. If they had savvis back we'd get 270-400 again, because with the savvis routing when it hits japan a certain isp node its really [filtered] for us and adds like a extra 100+ ping and random points in the day. Trust me zayo is the better of the two. I had to deal with the alternative for over a year.
nice HTML edit
Photoshop actually(i went and found the font) I realize now it probably would of been easier to just edit the html code but meh lol.

But anyway while the picture is kinda a joke i'd be surprised if the dates aren't correct.
I think everyone just needs to be patient, EME has a development roadmap that they say whats coming out. They promised january so it'll be out in january.
QijBgcb.png
If i wanted to check if someone had cleared and they were lying to me i would just check their achievements. Since there is a achievement for the first clear atleast.
lEUp8lf.jpg
While those people were being assholes still maybe you shouldn't accuse people right off the bat that their cheating. There are legitimate ways to find out people haven't done something.
I originally thought it was going to be mid january but now i doubt it since EME hasn't given any information at all.
Im leaning towards the 30th because they "technically" arent breaking the promise of january like they did last time with the promise of the RKHM patch being november(november 30th it was released).
StarSprite wrote: »
Xristosx wrote: »
What im talking about is the future of vanguards because it would be very short sighted to only think of January.
Spacecats wrote: »
Beyond this weekend, we're going to leave this event on for the remainder of the month (ending on January 30). Starting in February

They are looking beyond January. They're just also being a bit vague about what the future plans are. Maybe they'll take it as an opportunity to run the double gear xp, tera rewards, and other vg related events. It is clear that they dont intend to keep the 2x vg rewards up all the time anymore so not knocking your feedback about that, just pointing out it's being replaced with something.

It's more that im worried because EME doesnt have a good track record of constantly keeping things to up to date, see us having to remind them every single patch to fix vanguards and NA specific things.So i can see them doing something in February and maybe march and then forgetting about the events entirely and then we'll be stuck with half the vanguard rewards for the rest of the time.
HK6Y6XXHJ6 wrote: »
Are you not happy with the double pop/gg drop? Oh man. They’re adjusting after celebrating the new year. They are working on adjusting things of that sort. You have too high of a standard.
Not once in the entire post did i mention Pit of petrax or ghillie. Their fine. What im talking about is the future of vanguards because it would be very short sighted to only think of January.
They made a post discussing vgs with the community which is good, now this is my feedback. Other people can feel free to tell me im wrong or offer their own suggestions.

Besides
"On an unrelated note, we’ll also be running a double drop event this weekend in Ghillieglade and Pit of Petrax. The specifics of these events will be announced in a news post shortly."
It was a unrelated note so i didn't mention it until you did now HK6Y6XXHJ6
So what your saying is now were gonna get less stuff overall. How is this beneficial at all and how is this supposed to be a improvement? We didn't get the best drops in dungeons and now you want to reduce vanguard rewards? Scheduled dungeons just forces people to play that specific dungeon if they want to get the same rewards that we used to. I could understand if you kept our usual double amount and then added stuff on top of it, but why this?
What kind of improvement are you going to bring with jackpot dungeons? Will they actually have really useful stuff? like say giving 3-4 gold nocts or 3-4 strong braveries/canophoras or 3x gear exp or something along those lines. Because it'll have to be a actual good increase in rewards if your going to justify reducing something like that. You cant just throw in something like hey extra dragon scales or something.

Also on the topic of vg rewards, what ever happened to RKHM's vanguard with metamorphic tokens, Every other region rewards 4500 metamorphics(Yes EU and RU as well as korea) each clear and we have the base stuff in NA. Why is that? Why is NA getting less stuff then the grindy Korean counterpart? They had this since the start of the patch as well so its not a later thing.
Yamazuki wrote: »
Those who even asked for permanent CCB originally were a minority too. Most are unaware what happens in other regions, and before it was known permanent CCBs could be added when was it asked for? Never. Common requests were nocs, braveries, etc added to the bar. The only change permanent ccb did that was asked was the removal of the bubble.
From an objective perspective, the true decision that should not have happened was adding the permanent ccb before consulting BHS about the fact the achievements wouldn't be completed as long as you were Elite. We only got it because a minority group complained another region had it, this would be the mistake.
I never asked for it, but since we got it randomly it was a nice change, what annoyed me was the giving and then subsequent removal of it because they didnt take time to think hey what would this do, who would this effect, will people like it?
Yamazuki wrote: »
Their thought process wasn't explained, and unfortunately I can't read minds. I can't think of a reason to choose 3 over 12, or why care if CCBs are flooded considering they have zero gold value on NA anyways. Then again, knowledge on the value of items is something they need to work on.
Yeah knowledge of the value of items which...someone who plays the game would know... you know something they probably should have people in the company do like they used to with Tonka, Minea and Treeshark. Has anyone actually seen any of the EME staff playing the game on a regular basis? With the exception of spacecat's occasional fraywind canyons and the streams which are 95% hey here's our new costume. i mean for gods sakes the last time i saw him do a dungeon stream(which was over a year ago) he went into the wonderholme dungeon with full relentless(instead of hardy) and wondered why he was dying when its almost the first thing you would know while playing the game while a bunch of people were baffled in chat.
Starkhoe wrote: »
See, as a costumer myself, I feel that my needs are the only ones that matter. Because in my mind, you, the player council, the EME staff, is here to cater my own needs in various shapes and forms, and even seemingly good Samaritans like yourself also play an important part, because you can complain over things for me. Every tool has a use, and I can selectively disregard any opinion or remark which does not serve my interests. Same goes for people that seem overly bias, and SJW`s that sprout nonsense just for sake of coming out as "caring". Can you see my point? 120% selfishness. There is no need to put up this act, just own it.
Well since your a costumer your needs for the game are actually handled pretty well as they release costumes for the game every couple of weeks or so, so you have pretty regular content and your needs are met.
I am a person that actually plays the game and i was seeing effects from the change with all the people i was playing with that i knew and people who i didnt know. But we can just shut down any negative criticism if you want and instead let the entire forums be a echo chamber.
Starkhoe wrote: »
And... you seem to be making a big deal over nothing. The CCB thing isn`t a big deal imo, and paying for Elite with real money is on you.
It is a big deal if we keep allowing them to take things away, it sets a precedent that the community will blindly follow their decisions. As some people have said in other places. You give a publisher a inch and they'll take a mile, they'll keep pushing the boundaries of whats allowed.
Yeah you're also right i shouldn't pay elite with real money, people instead can just keep buying random 30 day elite vouchers off the broker that someone probably bought with a stolen credit card. My point when i mention i actually pay with real money to the game is i'm actively supporting the game. If there weren't people willing to pay for elite or any other thing in the store the game would die from all the people freeloading off it.
Starkhoe wrote: »
Xristosx wrote: »
I'm not saying I'm more important

That is exactly what you are saying though. You're just sugar coating that with a long rational to appeal to the wider audience, making a "stand" as it were, but mostly for you're own sake. And, no, I don`t have a problem with that. I respect it. Though you might as well admit it, at this point. To me it seems like you're just trying argue. Which is cool, I love reading other peoples arguments. But yours seems abit over the top, and overly self righteous. Then again, I suppose staffs member wouldn't tell you that to you're face, to keep up cretin appearances.

It's called me being tired of being silent on problems EME creates, they have shown in the past 3 years of me playing that they are only reactionary and do what they please even if its harmful to the community until a mass outbreak of complaints happens. This is why i have a very specific attitude. I don't like arguing for the sake of arguing, but there's a point you need to stand up for yourself.
I'm not one to normally put forth my opinion as i usually like to stay quiet so forgive me if my ramblings aren't very palatable.
I guess i'll stop soon and just go back to being a quiet player until EME cause's another problem that they made because they don't play the game.
1. Gear exp increase seems reasonable considering its a new gear system and we should change things for the new style of gearing
2. Elite gift box is honestly fine, its not meant to give you a lot, its just mean for a small little nice stuff each day. Honestly would irritate me to get random cosmetics that i dont like or need and what they could put for it is probably bad anyway.
3. Npc scrolls are nice but honestly not needed, you can get them fairly easily from fashion coupons if you really need one.
4. The gold boost has been fairly useless yeah, especially since they removed gold loot in most open world areas back in the middle of 2015(which they changed felicity to a gold collecting pet called nugget at that time and the community got pretty angry about that since it was really poor timing lol) https://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/Changes-made-without-notification?page=1
5. We get one potion of each every day from elite and they drop fairly frequently in events so i think their currently fine. Just a tip as well wintera is dropping 3x Strong braveries or 5x canephoras as a jackpot, i've gotten a fair bit of them the past week or so wintera has been out. Try it out its fun too.
6. Nocts would be nice but i think that might be over doing it, honestly i think they just need them to drop a little more in general in dungeons, the amount we get is kinda low, maybe double noct drops in the vanguard at the minimum.

If were on the topic of elite stuff
LE3Qf8f.png

100% questers gold boost is almost useless during leveling and only really kinda useful from 60-65 story quests, past that its not used so its only useful for about 5 hours of play for every character you ever level, provided story quests 60-65 are done which usually they arent after the first time because people just level from the dungeon now.
100% reputation boost is a useful term honestly because almost all of the rep stores are gone now. The only use now is the vanguard points, so might want to change it to just double vanguard credit rewards.
Daily bonus quest increase is what, a thing from back in level 60? We don't do those kinds of dailies any more. Though if this could be transfered instead to vanguard cap maybe might be useful.
Also might want to change the text for the 24 x 3 hour ccbs and put list the permanent one.

Just make sure that elite stays relevant to the current year and patch and i don't think there will be complaints, but I'm mostly happy with it besides the above things.
iLucky wrote: »
Just want to point out that we (player council) weren't asked either. Not to mention we aren't the deciding factor for what EME publishes and what they don't. When I saw the patch notes; I was just as upset as the majority of the community. I do agree there are many player council members who do not play or are very inactive, but don't forget the ones that do and are still trying to do our best for the community. We try to represent the community and bring your concerns to EME. Although, sometimes that process is harder than it seems due to the large amount of tasks EME has on their list.
There is a problem with a player council for a game when most of them dont play, but i do appreciate the ones that do try to make a difference such as yourself but my counter point is theres still ones that seem to not have the community in mind and are just there to try and quiet the community.
iLucky wrote: »
When you try to help and then see a post like this playing down an actual win based on community / player council interactions, it doesn't encourage that to happen again. This was possible (and very quickly I might add) due to the interactions between player council and EME that would have taken a lot longer if there was no player council. If you have any doubts, check who made the thread that had 20 pages of replies that helped lead to this situation that is perfectly described as a win win win. For achievement hunters, elite players, and EME.
Yes i'm aware you made that thread i posted a few times in it and thank you for making it, But also i would of made a thread as well if you hadn't, just by the time i was going to make a thread on it you had already started one and there was no real point spamming more threads.
Yamazuki wrote: »
Xristosx wrote: »
Good, thank you very much for the actual change back.
But please EME next time actually ask the community(the player council isnt the community when 80% of them dont play the game anymore) when your making a change that effects people, You might realise something is a bad mistake and avoid getting people pissed off.

Forum users=/=community either. The change was based on people submitting tickets stating they couldn't finish achievements. To say you're more important than they are would be silly.

Your somewhat right that Forum users=/=community but just for me personally if there's no issue with the game i don't really post on the forum, i only go to the forum to express my discontent with a issue that has arisen. If there's no problems i wont be on the forums I'll actually be playing the game. Now how many people who didn't like the change didn't speak up and instead just went and removed their elite instead? I feel like its better to discuss something before we go straight for the mass elite removal. Because i really do like this game i just don't like poor decisions, i would of stopped paying with real money for my elite a long time ago if i didn't like it. I'm not saying I'm more important but i don't want everyone to silently accept a change when it's for the worse instead of for the better, that's how we let the game get to a bad state if we constantly keep accepting this.

While i agree that it isn't fair that they locked it out initially, honestly how many people in terms of the people who play the game who buy elite liked losing their CCB so they could get the achievement percentage wise, maybe 1% at most? These decisions like removing the permanent ccb shouldn't happened in the first place, they could of just apologized and said sorry were looking for a solution for the achievement and then did the solution a week later or two, But hey lets say they did cut off the permanent CCB like they did, what i didn't get is why they decided to not put a bunch of 12 hour CCB's as the temp solutions like it baffles me to no end why they seemed adamant in not giving us 12 hours and instead 3 hours when 12 hour CCB is the norm in game, it wasn't even a threat to the economy of the game. It was like they wanted to say hey we have access to different versions of a item they haven't seen maybe they'll feel special if we have access to looking up different item codes to make it seem like they have a lot of control over the game. I would of been fine with 12 hour CCB's, i wouldn't of complained as much.
So, we good?
Yes were good for now, but since were catering to the minority like the achievement hunters, could you look into changing the title for RKEM for the minority of title hunters in the game
https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/19386/obligatory-patchly-discussion-about-the-hm-gold-title-name/p1
There was a feedback thread on it and it never got responded to.
Remember this back with the FIHM patch that tried to use a pun as the title name completely unrelated to the dungeon at hand, seems like a really weird lore title if its called nightmare trainer.
https://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/FIHM-Achievement

Edit: Guess my post was removed from editing it too much so this is a repost
Good, thank you very much for the actual change back.
tisnotme wrote: »
And those that have had elite for ever on a cheep deal that wants this on their Elin gunner or any new alt they just made loose their elite cheap price all costs you just say screw all no compromise for any others just this way , I don't know how any of your managed prier to the short time this was made perm

We managed fine because we were using 12 hour ones, but since they gave us permanent we stopped paying attention to our CCBs, but now that they've removed it we have to get back into the habit of remembering to pop the 12 hour ccbs and were losing a lot of crystals now because of it. I'm of the firm belief that we shouldn't be happy with a change when its objectively worse than what we had or they'll think it's the norm and keep downgrading things while maintaining the same damn price, which i have been paying with real money for the damn past 3 years. I canceled it once to make a point back in the producer letter in 2016 January and i'm considering it now to make a damn point now if they keep doing this [filtered]. Imagine if they took away our permanent nostrum and instead gave us 144 nostrums, they justified it with its 72 hours worth of nostrum each day! Theres no way you could go through it, if we gave you unlimited you would ask for double the power effect nostrum!
People shouldn't be alright with this, elite is a paid service and you should feel better for using it, not have items that are far worse than the easily accessable ones.
mollyya wrote: »
For 200+ ping players, S attack is impossible to dodge without that 3rd party program telling them earlier.

I have 250ms ping and i have like 55+ clears of rkem, I can dodge it without being told earlier. After the double clap the half second he moves one of his hands you can almost immediately tell which side it's going to be on. Sometimes i do get caught out because i was stuck in the middle of a attack when it started but besides that i can do it, i just sometimes have to back off to ensure ill do it in time.
Discussion not closed yet ? :o

Because it's a ongoing issue, there's no point closing it other wise that's basically silencing people who want it changed to something better. Which i don't think that would make people happy.

But it appears I'm the only one who thinks the change was absolutely ridiculous to make something worse....unless other people want to speak up.
I still stand by nothing being wrong with putting 12 hour ones in. since it was the standard in the game.
Just an FYI, this topic was discussed in the end of today's stream. They said they're hoping to get a toggle, but BHS has to do it.

Still wasn't a solution at all, 12 hour would of rectified that atleast. when they said it was 72 hours worth it was pointless.I haven't used the 3 hour once and its taking up a extra space on my screen now and it's serving as a constant reminder to me of EME's incompetence while i pop my 12 hour ones i luckly still kept.
I dont think they actually want people to be happy with this temp fix otherwise they wouldn't of done it.
The fact that they refused to put 12 hour CCB's on the bar in large quantities and instead decided that it was some how better to put a bunch of crystal binds that are 1/4 effective of our normal one means they have a severe lack of understanding. Because the 12 hour one still is a better temp solution. I dont get why we get a [filtered] crystal bind.
And for the love of god do not tell me 1 day elite people will abuse it because yeah sure it totally is the most lucrative thing ever, freaking the economy will go completely out of balance if we had 12 hour ccb's on the bar.

FMbLbdu.png









I left some room above this text when i can think of something positive about this change.


nope cant think of anything. i'll be back to update this in 2019 if i find something positive by then
Xristosx wrote: »
Obs wrote: »
How about leaving it alone until BHS can make a change?
It just encourages anyone who really wants these achievements to cancel their Elite subscriptions because it's otherwise impossible to get them due to EME's decision to provide the CCB benefit in the previous way. Which is not a solution any business would accept as a viable option, whether that's what we might suggest or not.

It encourages people who want you guys to change it back to permanent to cancel their elite subscriptions

Counting me as "you guys" is pointless. The only reason I'm trying to explain all this [filtered] is in the hopes of understanding the arguments and proposing a better compromise, if one exists. Quitting over a benefit we went 5 1/2 years without given the compromise presented seems a bit much to me, but if you feel that strongly about it, you should quit and be sure to tell them exactly why. Maybe they could use that as leverage with BHS to put a real solution in place that isn't a workaround. Everyone agrees that the toggle would be better as a permanent solution.

I count you are "you guys" because you are part of EME or if you dont want to say that then, your apart of the player council. I've had the game since launch but i've only been playing the past 3 years and the entire time we had 12 hour CCB in abundance, so why is 3 hour ccb's the solution? How is that a perk of elite, its like having a perk that gives you double the amount of gold drops and then removing gold drops from everything.... oh wait i forgot that happened 2 years ago and we still have double gold drops as a completely useless perk, but once again im glad eme is constantly tweaking elite to better suit their problems.
NvbMyDQ.jpg
Why this elite perk has to be renewed every three hours?? What is the point of it then? Its worse than 12 hr.

Basically because one-day promo Elite is a thing, and they don't want people to use promo elite to get free 12-hour CCB on every one of their alts across all servers. If it could expire when the subscription expires, that'd obviously be another story.
jackie%2Bchan%2Bmeme%2Bface.png

I'm sorry what....did you read what you typed, Who in their right mind would be using elite just to get "free" 12 hour CCB's on all their alts.. what you can farm like one in a few minutes, I seriously doubt someone got one day elite for CCB's, you know what people would of got elite for? for a permanent ccb. Its called QoL things. Why bother having a travel journal/village atlas, you can technically teleport to all the cities in the game you just need a scroll, or maybe we should also change it to 24 travel journals and 24 village atlases every day, why not put a 3 hour mount as the elite daily thing, or why not have only 1 free ghillie scroll.
The real issue is that we were given something and everyone was happy with it and now you decided the best plan of action was taking it away and giving us a worse solution and thought we would be fine with that? What is this madness. Like theres been some decisions in the past thats annoyed me, but this takes the cake. This is such a lack of understanding of the game.
Obs wrote: »
How about leaving it alone until BHS can make a change?
It just encourages anyone who really wants these achievements to cancel their Elite subscriptions because it's otherwise impossible to get them due to EME's decision to provide the CCB benefit in the previous way. Which is not a solution any business would accept as a viable option, whether that's what we might suggest or not.

It encourages people who want you guys to change it back to permanent to cancel their elite subscriptions
Can we get a definitive list of broken and unable to be completed achievements, since their on the path of fixing achievements because their so concerned about it, i think we should compile it and get EME to fix it next week. Because achievements seem to be a big concern of yours. Like how the title achievement hunters still have to deal with the stupid name NIGHTMARE TRAINER that makes absolutely no sense at all. But please keep making more terrible things, you need something to do to make it look like you guys are actually doing something in the office each day.
Spacecats wrote: »
Why should everyone else who wanted the permanent crystalbind be punished for the ignorance of others?

This definitely isn't intended as any sort of punishment. This method has a single downside vs. the perma-buff, and that's having to click the Elite bar once every few hours of play. I won't argue that having to click a thing is more convenient vs. not having to click a thing, but it's a solution that doesn't punish anyone looking to complete game content that should be available to everybody.

How is something normally permanently on then being changed to not permanently on and requiring constant input not a punishment? Do you actually play the game longer than 1-2 hours a week? I was happy when we got the permanent but now you guys have to remove it and your toting it as a solution to a problem that we should praise you guys when it is causing a inconvenience for 99% of the player base.
If were catering to the 0.1% of the player base then, how about we also buff the RKEM drops since their crap, or how about RKEM doesnt give any metamorphic tokens despite KTERA giving out 4k tokens each clear(how is NA getting worse drops then the grindier version of tera?), or letsee another minor problem why does RKHM give the same gear exp as RKNM and TRHM? When it requires far more effort than those 2 dungeons.
Another thing to mention i stayed logged into the game longer because i didn't need to care about ccb, but not since it'll be 3 hours ill have to close the game so i don't accidentally forget next time i log on and immediately break a crystal.
Well this is player feed back if this forum shows anything. So keep the old changes or people will see it like this.
a9mLgCA.jpg
Xristosx wrote: »
Either put unlimited 12 hour ones on the bar or give us back the permanent. Because your 3 hour solution isn't a solution, its a band-aid to a problem YOU GUYS CREATED. So stop creating problems just to fix it and say hey were the good guys look. Because thats a [filtered] business practice, You lose your players trust over time and as im sure your aware of us "salty" old players, we keep losing more and more trust every day. Eventually it'll pop.

This broker business is a gross over-reaction that will be corrected once the patch hits -- it's just people taking advantage of FUD. You'll have 24 3-hour ones on the bar per server, so there is not enough time in the day for it to run out. Even if your account had 18 characters on the server, they could each get one 3-hour CCB and have 6 leftover. The people doing this flipping are just hoping that people haven't paid attention and only got so far as "they're turning off permanent CCB" to spin their excess CCB before everyone realizes what's going on.

It's too bad there wasn't an option to "short" items on the broker somehow, because I guarantee this will come back crashing down.

(Source: Updated patch notes)

First of all if you read my post i was well aware of the 24 x 3 hour crystal binds since i actually mentioned it in the part of the post you didn't quote. Now 3 hour crystal binds (im not gonna call it a complete one because that is a disservice to it) are going to be frustrating for ALOT of players who play the game because people will forget to put them on and will constantly break crystals and everytime that happens they will remember that EME took away their ability to have a permanent CCB and that will build ire with people.
Having to update you ccb regularly is stupid when the norm for the past 3 years of playing tera was using 12 hour CCB's that we didnt have to refresh that often, rewind to recently we were given permament ones which was a actual nice addition to elite and now they are putting a inferior version in the name of helping 3 achievement hunters in the entire game?
If people wanted to get the achievement that badly they would of waited for their elite to run out, do the achievement then pop elite back on 10 minutes later. This work around that EME has proposed is literally the worst thing they could of done bar removing it. Why does it have to be 1 step forward and 30 steps back with the damn company.
Not to mention achievement hunters are freaking used to waiting hours for spawns, what makes you think waiting 12 hours for a ccb to finish would be so damn difficult. So at the damn minimum we should be given 12 hour CCBs x 24 AT THE MINIMUM. IF achievement hunters are really the cause of this and not some behind the scenes insidious thing.
The broker was just a side affect thing. But it shows what players know more than some people running this stuff.
Hey @Spacecats @Denommenator Look what your changes have already done
Since you made it
"To unblock elite status players from gaining the "Imperfect Crystals" and "Ideal Crystals" achievements, we have changed how we deliver Crystalbinding to those players:

We have added (24) Complete Veteran Crystalbinds (3 hour) to the Elite Status Perks skillbar."

People are now bought out all the cheap ccbs because they are actually useful and are listing it as rediculous prices
1FhNivt.jpg
Either put unlimited 12 hour ones on the bar or give us back the permanent. Because your 3 hour solution isn't a solution, its a band-aid to a problem YOU GUYS CREATED. So stop creating problems just to fix it and say hey were the good guys look. Because thats a [filtered] business practice, You lose your players trust over time and as im sure your aware of us "salty" old players, we keep losing more and more trust every day. Eventually it'll pop.
You guys chose to change that of all things when there are different problems that people complain about on a daily basis. Why would you even do that i liked not having to bother constantly putting on a CCB and now you revert this nice change? Put it back the F on seriously. what is wrong with EME. Since when did they care about the 5 people that cared about their achievement points? What is the point of elite if your removing good features
3EXe4kX.png
"better suit our problems" Yeah the one you just created, good thing you listen to elite players. You could of posted a thread saying hey guys were thinking about changing crystal binds back just to help achievement hunters, what do you guys think? the players of the game, the ones who actually play the game and know what goes on instead of the little bubble you guys sit in and not understand how your damn game works. Change it the f back.
streetdog wrote: »
For some reason my last post was deleted??
If you dont want to rewrite your post you can find it on the teradev tracker website
Xristosx wrote: »
For that wonderholme server example. I can imagine the amount of effort that would of went into changing the value of exp rate increase(which is a normal server event), turning on hyper rapid fire(which is a semi regular server event) and updating that one shop in the entire server.

The IT staff configuring the server infrastructure in a different cloud environment, and putting systems in place to gather and evaluate the test metrics to measure server and datacenter performance, was the real work there. Of course nobody cares about the behind the scenes stuff, but sometimes that's what actually makes something a lot of work.

No i care about the behind the scenes stuff, but only if its a benefit to the community, it is nice to evaluate the server and performance so you can better the other servers but i haven't seen anything like that since the servers performance overall is pretty poor the past year. I cant imagine they would of got a lot of data for the performance when the test server was almost dead after the initial 6-10 hours because there was still crappy leveling speed still and bad rewards so there was no incentive for a lot of people to hang around. People want fun things to do. Not monotonous boring things.It was a chance to do something special and make people have a glimmer of joy but it wasn't taken past that point.
For that wonderholme server example. I can imagine the amount of effort that would of went into changing the value of exp rate increase(which is a normal server event), turning on hyper rapid fire(which is a semi regular server event) and updating that one shop in the entire server RvJjavH.jpg. That would of taken months of planning i can tell. Honestly i would of been racking my brain over that. Not to mention summoning bams occasionally that dropped salt as a joke even though the items and characters were going to be wiped, wouldn't want to throw the economy out of balance in a test server. But you know that EU server is giving people heaps of stuff AND they are allowed to transfer one character. but what do i know, i've only been playing the game for 3 years.
Im 100% fine with the current wintera rewards, i normally wouldn't touch this event more than once but since it has the S Braveries, S Canophora and the nocts im running it. Not everyone thinks the rewards are useless, as a end game player i regularly use those sorts of consumables and find them really useful. If you end up just giving us more useless wintera tokens i'll just decide to stop running it, unless you make S Braveries and S Canophora only cost 1-2 tokens each in the token store at the very least. Any higher cost would be rediculous.
Dont worry next year we'll probably have regulations for lootboxes and you wont get shafted by lootboxes. Except tera probably wont survive if loot boxes get regulated.
So can we get a answer on this? It seems they constantly go out of their way to come up with the worst names.
FCi1XpS.jpg
On top of this laziness to get a proper title name they also didn't even name the boss properly. Why the hell is the boss called "RK-9 Kennel (Hard)"? Did you guys decide to throw out the normal Nightmare <boss name> naming convention? Because if you did that on purpose it might be less damming
NC0l6cg.jpg
oh wait the other bosses in the dungeon have the nightmare prefix, HMMMM.
Get on top of actually doing the job of translating the patch properly and actually translate the title name properly instead of making some random as name that doesn't make sense. What the hell is a nightmare trainer? Do we train nightmares?

This Is the specific section where he mentions it for anyone who's not informed, just watch 3 minutes of that.

From what i'm led to believe is that the drop amount won't significantly increase like it has in the past, he said something that has a low chance to drop will increase the chance of it dropping(like say if a diamond only dropped 10% of the time it'll drop 30% of the time now), they didn't say the amount of drops will change(So we were technically lied to when promised triple drop on the extra life rewards), which i find really really disheartening when the amount of drops we need are a lot more this patch versus previous patches(like last patch we needed 10-20 of each material to make a vm piece but now we need 1-15 of certain mats per enchant attempt).
Why was this changed to be worse when it's been the same for the past 5 years, I know the gear enchant system has been completely overhauled but once again we need more dungeon materials then ever before.
I feel like people haven't complained about the drops as much because were all still using our tokens we've converted from previous patches materials, but once that dries up things will go to hell.
Just for reference i am in stormcry +7 and +8 but i can't imagine how much a new player would have to grind to even get to frostmetal +9.
JXE5356AKE wrote: »
Xristosx wrote: »
Spacecats wrote: »
Hyper-Fire-Turbo-Time is definitely unlocked, along with overworld BAMs to test your heightened skills against. Nov 17-20 looks like it's going to be an awesome weekend for TERA players.

Looking forward to being annoyed by sorcerers who are literally invincible and spam hailstorm to kill people and lag them out because their warp barrier cool down is nonexistant with hyperfire, unless you can disable pvp during those times so we can actually do the bams properly?

Hell yea. PVP on PVP server for fun. I'm down for the mess.

What part of literally invulnerable dont you understand.
Spacecats wrote: »
Hyper-Fire-Turbo-Time is definitely unlocked, along with overworld BAMs to test your heightened skills against. Nov 17-20 looks like it's going to be an awesome weekend for TERA players.

Looking forward to being annoyed by sorcerers who are literally invincible and spam hailstorm to kill people and lag them out because their warp barrier cool down is nonexistant with hyperfire, unless you can disable pvp during those times so we can actually do the bams properly?
Thank you so much, i really love delays, Everyone should stop shitting on EME, They are the best, they give us a chance to go and play other games and not actually play tera.
My favourite event is the afk event. S9LJdKu.png
where we'll get to open tera in the background while we afk for rewards and not actually play the game.
But yeah as a few other people said, This is almost as bad as the Forsaken Island patch where they wanted to elongate the patch by delaying the hell out of main HM release where it was to the point where we only had the hard mode about for 2 months.
Digivolve wrote: »
November 14th

Ooo where did you see this? :open_mouth:

Anyone who plays the game enough knows how they work their schedules.
It's most likely November 14th because its a month after the arsenal patch came out and also when the kyra's catalyst event ends.
So it's a pretty safe bet. It's also most likely when RKHM comes out.
Hey the prizes seem to be pretty bad and useless cosmetics this time around(unless we can pick only the consumables like last time), if i save my catalysts this time will i be able to use them next event?
TMZCwzi.jpg
Still works?
Hey guess its this time again, @seandynamite @Spacecats @Denommenator Can you please update the vanguards to give reward points, you seem to have forgotten to do it again this patch, remember how theres NA specific changes your supposed to do as a job each patch?
Hey while i normally would like to rag on Tera for lag because they are to blame 99% of the time, i just wanted to check this for you incase this is it, you mentioned you used discord while playing tera. Awhile back i was having a really weird spike issue with tera only lag spiked with weird packet loss issues, turns out a option on discord was causing me grief. Is this setting turned on for you on discord?
W6WEh4R.jpg
If it is, turn it off like i have in this picture, it might help. Because this issue started happening to me when i had switched isps and they gave me a different router. But this fixed it for me.
You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.