TERA Online forum archive
Posts by Salsychou
tl;dr in bold
If you're missing textures that aren't loading at all, maybe you should repair the game through the client.
If it's just the textures taking a long time, it has to do with your computer. It's a CPU-heavy rather than a GPU-heavy game so it doesn't run the best unless you have the best. AMDs don't run this game very well at all imo, so that's already a disadvantage. If you want things to load quicker, you're gonna have to scale the settings down. If you want to enjoy the game's graphics, you can probably play at 5-6 when you're in the field, and then scale down to 0 when you're in dungeons. There are some dungeons that still run at 6, but you should probably stick to 0 once you get to the upper dungeons so that you don't run into the boss taking a long time to load.
Laemie wrote: »
Maybe they can put in some short-useful lines on the loading screens if theyre able to :/ Like:

"Attacking from behind is optimal for damage dealers"
"Using backcrit crystals is optimal for damage dealers"
"Threatening red crystal is useful for tanks"
"Hardy blue crystal is the best for defense"
"Always read the message on your screen inside dungeons"
"Blue aggro means something special, watch out for that"
"Some attacks cant be dodged (Iframed) or blocked"
"Dodging skills usually give iframe that makes you invulnerable for a second"

Etc etc etc... That sure helps better than the ones we're currently have..

When you log in, there's a popup that tells you what crystals to use and what skills to use based on your class, maybe you can add those lines there as well. I love the idea of putting sentences like this on the loading screen though. Bombard players w/ these tips on the loading screen until 65 or if they're entering a dungeon.
I never log in without my partner so it's definitely doable. It's even faster to get things done. If any of you two are up for it, I'd suggest that one should make a tank, healer, or both since it'll be much faster to get into queues later on. But of course, pick the classes that you really want to play above everything else.

Enjoy!
Okay but can YOUR hot tub give you fourth degree burns???
Name: Salsy
Server: Tempest Reach
Catagory: Funniest
bdba3dc9e7fb7a9beaecd4ddc13933e7.png
Wouldn't need to make a pserver if the real one wasn't digging a grave.
Lynnetta wrote: »
Now that we have flying mounts, where are the floating cities and cloud areas to explore? Besides areas to traverse and quest on land, maybe have more areas above as well as below? What about having water mounts? Aquatic mounts and the ability to dive under water and maybe even have underwater cities to visit? Have some sort of magic item that you can acquire/buy to be able to breathe underwater or something that can make the characters turn into aquatic versions of their race while in the sea. This could also be the introduction to new non-gender locked races. Please stop gender/race locking new classes. Make a flying race like a Faerie. There are faeries in Tera, why not have them as a playable race? The one I saw in Dragonfall,Felar, she was just a bit shorter than my Popori. They don’t have to be “flying” but hovering off the ground. That would be a cute race to play. Not sure what an aquatic race could be, but maybe have a contest to see what the community can come up with?

Update/fix crafting and make it a part of the game again. Perhaps, instead of collecting the same old ore, plants, and energy, it could be more open with different items to collect from the environment. What about the ability to go fishing or catch those toads, pigs and lizards found around Tera? Bring back item/gold drops from killing mobs/BAMS without a level limit. They could drop new items just for crafting. Please try to reinvent crafting and make it something enjoyable and maybe add other professions like cooking. I want something other to do than just combat in dungeons and/or battlegrounds. Also, instances can take hours if nobody is queuing it, especially at lower levels. Maybe allow higher level players to queue for lower dungeons and have their gear/levels change to match the dungeon level and maybe some sort of loot/reward as an incentive to do these dungeons and help out new players.

Better UI customization. Combine the mini map and the compass into one to take up less screen space. More pets to adopt, maybe even make some of them available in game to hunt/raise/hatch/breed or something to do rather than always waiting for dungeon runs. The ability to climb down ladders instead of jumping and taking fall damage would be nice. More achievements with more rewards even if it’s a non-loot pet. Maybe we can catch and raise monsters to battle in the Bamarama arena?

Snipped the first portion out since there's a lot of discussion about the first few points.

The aquatic/floating city thing would be amazing to have since it opens up the oceans in between arun/shara and doubles the amount of area they can work with for expansions. Imagine the argons developing a massive fleet and us fighting back in the sky. I'm all for airborne content. Or maybe they've had some sort of secret HQ in the water or something and we have to go there to sabotage it. Simple ideas that can expand the game and add a new interesting element to the gameplay. Introducing the new areas could also introduce a new race that has benefits derived from the new areas. Faeries could have an added 10% flight time or speed while the water-like race could have improved regen underwater.

Crafting is getting revamped around October and it'll be tied with fortifying. Everything in crafting has a good purpose with that new update. A side profession like cooking or fishing that could play off of each other would be great though. A good way to push for high level players queuing with low level players could be a mentorship vanguard that asks them to queue for certain low level dungeons per day. Might not help with the fact that we have too many dps and it actually might not do very well since it would just be a stream of high level dps players queuing with a low level dps players but it's a good start.

An option to switch to a lower duty UI would be amazing. Breeding is a lengthy system to implement since they'll have to add genetics and determine how the hybrids would look like. However, if they ever pushed a pet revamp, breeding+pet arena would be a nice side hobby to do that would bring money since people would try to farm (buy) the best pets and keep farming until the hybrid is up to their standard and good enough to play in the pet arena. Since we play as damn tanks and baby kumas, pet arenas don't sound weird at all at this point.
xKalila wrote: »
I understand you guys have now changed from Savvis to Qwest
Its 'ok' But there is periods of times that it just doesn't do anything.

Even attempting rn to clear vs first boss is a nightmare.
Is anyone else having these issues? Or is EME Really tryna eradicate SEA/OCE?

savvis = qwest. savvis and qwest are both subsidaries of the same parent company centurylink. when you do a tracert/ping to eme's support line, it shows both of them at once, not just one. maybe you're thinking zayo to savvis?
aside from that, this is tera you're talking about. there's gonna be a shitload of spikes and things that make this game unplayable. you're also playing a game that primarily caters to a whole different continent from yours so you've gotta get used to it. it's disappointing and no one condones it but get used to it or keep whining.

if it's an instance quest, then type /reset when you're inside.
Haggard86 wrote: »
I can't help but to be disappointed, after all this time no cause is discovered.

could be an ephemeral trigger or multiple triggers for the lag. the situation from when the lag got really bad - wintera/dys attack, savvis - is different from the stuff we're getting now - new class/afk event, zayo - especially since they've upgraded done some changes to their hardware some time in between. since the lag is persistent but in different ways, sort of, it'll be hard to pinpoint and address the true cause of the lag.

but i'm right there with you, it's hard to stay optimistic at this point too, especially since summer is here and events will push the servers beyond their tiny limits.

edit: dead grammar
sorc: the amount of movement skills + iframes are great and the damage is worthwhile. the class is also compatible with lag aside from some things with iframing so it makes it easier to play without worrying about surprise latency

priest: i typically, but not always, go for support roles in games, so my love for priest is a bit biased. the class doesn't require you to stay in the back 24/7 and it keeps you on your toes. less mechanics to dodge too since you don't sit in the front or back for too long too often.

zerk: i only got this to 35 because it was on another server but the infinite blocks and tankability make the class really fun. underrated class imho.
00739c1719c7e0b55050b488579d0798.png
afk event #1 event
My very first character, Comprachicos, came off of this edgy song. I still listen to it frequently after 5 years.
My current main, Salsy, is a shortened version of my old username, Salas[blocking out the rest because wew this name has been around for too long]. Salas also used to spawn the question "are you a salad or salsa" and, in one game, "did you know you're a noobie npc boss?". Kinda wanted to get away from that.
My valk, Lady.Guadaloops, is from a photo my friend showed me
eade0fabe2c813560c9d3e05fcc84db9.jpg
Joining this discussion is like shooting yourself in the foot. Probably gonna delete this at one point because it's gonna drag me into a cesspool. Here goes nothing though.
W7GNYAP55A wrote: »
You'll get banned. End of discussion. Especially if I told you no, or do you it your own risk. So don't go crying if you lose your account because you thought using DPS Meter was SOOOOOO helpful! You thought using a hacking program that inject/hook itself into Tera was okay. You thought for some reason, it should be allowed even though the staff has already told you no.
Do people who use such things accept the fact that they risk losing their account? Of course. The program that you're talking about didn't inject anything harmful anyways, it just read the packets and calculated them in a way that's understandable. It's been approved by a GM years ago as long as players didn't use it as a bullying method. Honestly if we never got that approval, the discussion over meters would end so much faster.

Considering that players post their meter results in chats, can't EME add a filter to catch it? Something that detects a certain string of letters over a certain span of consecutive messages in a certain amount of time maybe? Investing some time in adding a chat filter like that can discourage people from pasting the results and using it as a source to bully people. It could also enforce the harmless "personal use for personal improvement" aspect of meters. There are several posts about how meters and their information can be used for self-improvement so I won't elaborate on that.

"But people will have access to this information and might use it to kick deadweights! Using a filter to catch meters won't solve a thing!"
Suppose they do implement that feature (they never will) and it's still used in a malicious way such as kicking players. If someone initiates a kick for no clear reason other than the fact they might be doing something a little different like attacking a bit slower or positioning themselves in a terrible way, then you can guess that someone has a meter and is trying to kick that player since they're under par for the meter user's standards. Whoever initiates a random kick without any warning or discussion beforehand is a total butthole and the accompanying members can deny the kick.

"They still have this information! They can just call people out [and tell them that they're terrible]!"
That's harassment and is bannable on that fact alone. People who would dare risk exposing other's dps like that deserve to be banned anyways.
W7GNYAP55A wrote: »
News flash, you won't die if you use DPS meter.
News flash, you won't die if you use that harmless accessory. It's nice to have it, right?
W7GNYAP55A wrote: »
But the real reason half of the elitist here are crying, isn't because of DPS Meter. They're crying because they can't use their "3rd party program," to get advantages over player in terms of faster animation, cool down, and attack speed. That's why they're crying, because now they're on equal grounds again and can't just instantly delete you in battleground anymore. They can't mass farm their PvP anymore and do their high tier dungeon to get their gear for free. All of them should be banned.
Tewii's reply sums up this part nicely.
You guys just had to complain. Now what do we get? A 7 day back costume that dropped from Kyra's potion shack.
Haven't played much since Valk release week because it's been too difficult to play the game with the lag. According to a tracert I ran, they switched back to Zayo. Do what you want with that information. Personally, Zayo returns lower ping but more frequent and intense spikes. I can't say anything else since I haven't really done anything except log in for calendar stuff since the 15th.

Spoilers include Zayo (4/18) v. Savvis (4/17). Do whatever you want with this stuff. Bolded part is where Zayo/Savvis comes in.
traced from central cal
3 14 ms 13 ms 21 ms xe-1-1-3-sur03.clovis.ca.ccal.comcast.net [162.151.83.57]
4 15 ms 15 ms 14 ms ae-25-ar01.fresno.ca.ccal.comcast.net [162.151.40.133]
5 24 ms 24 ms 24 ms be-33667-cr02.losangeles.ca.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.93.37]
6 23 ms 22 ms 24 ms hu-0-0-0-0-pe02.600wseventh.ca.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.83.18]
7 24 ms 28 ms 23 ms 23.30.206.238
8 68 ms 69 ms 69 ms ae14.cs2.lax112.us.eth.zayo.com [64.125.27.38]
9 76 ms 75 ms 67 ms ae4.cs2.den5.us.eth.zayo.com [64.125.31.10]
10 68 ms 106 ms 69 ms ae5.cs2.ord2.us.eth.zayo.com [64.125.29.217]
11 67 ms 84 ms 74 ms ae27.cr2.ord2.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.30.245]
12 68 ms 67 ms 70 ms ae1.mpr1.ord6.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.30.119]
13 71 ms 69 ms 68 ms ae2.mpr1.ord5.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.28.66]
14 69 ms 69 ms 72 ms 208.67.49.145
3 13 ms 15 ms 13 ms xe-1-1-3-sur03.clovis.ca.ccal.comcast.net [162.151.83.57]
4 24 ms 15 ms 23 ms ae-25-ar01.fresno.ca.ccal.comcast.net [162.151.40.133]
5 22 ms 21 ms 21 ms be-33667-cr02.losangeles.ca.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.93.37]
6 21 ms 21 ms 19 ms hu-0-0-0-0-pe02.600wseventh.ca.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.83.18]
7 20 ms 23 ms 39 ms los-edge-03.inet.qwest.net [67.128.19.37]
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 20 ms 19 ms 24 ms 63.146.26.214
10 23 ms 21 ms 23 ms cr2-te-0-5-0-3.lay.savvis.net [206.28.97.249]
11 83 ms 80 ms 85 ms hr3-xe-8-0-0.elkgrovech3.savvis.net [204.70.198.73]
12 84 ms 83 ms 89 ms 208.67.49.145
Taybat wrote: »
I always thought it would be cool to have a necromancer or blood mage type class. You would have damage/steal health from monsters or other players(in pvp) to heal. Or perhaps sacrifice you health to heal others.

Combine both maybe? Deal damage to heal self, sacrifice your health to heal others. Siphoning the boss' HP for your allies basically. Pseudo-dps & healing class, very self sustainable.

If not that, then we should get a healing class that primarily focuses on debuffing the target. Their skillset could be something like a weaker TN/contagion, reducing the boss's power like an anti-Energy Stars, a slow skill, plague, and other reasonable debuffs. Of course they should still carry lock-on heals and healing immersion, but instead of fortifying allies, the class would make targets more vulnerable.

Heck, combine those two ideas. Toss some debuffs like lowered endurance. Throw a debuff on the boss that lets you leech HP either through DoT or damage dealt modified by your attack. Sacrifice some of your HP to heal others through a charge up skill - 1 tick = 5% for up to 3 ticks. Repeat. The only missing things are the weapon and how said class would fit into the lore.

There are so many ideas for a new healing non-dps class, but let's be real here: BHS will never create another non-genderlocked non-fanservice non-dps class lul.
Xuekao wrote: »
you can drag and drop the same timed mounts on top of eachother. it will extend the duration by X days. drop a 7 day mount onto another 7 day mount of same type and it will have 14 day duration!
doesn't work :c

Amazingly enough, events as small as this still come out bugged. It's giving out Blaze instead of Ember which is fine if you're here for the aesthetics of the mounts (lol?? still useless) but Peep restores hp/mp while Blaze doesn't. Ember does. Can't even get the loot table with ELEVEN things right. Hate to be negative about these things but this event comes across as recklessly rushed. I know that they're trying to hype up the anniversary event but putting out a lackluster event to make the upcoming event better in contrast is not how it should be done lol.
Ran LKN with a pug. Highlight of the run was us constantly spamming emotes between bosses and sitting in Lilith's room - the one in the hallway that everyone ignores, not her fighting arena - for about 15 minutes telling stories and jumping on things because someone had to eat Carl's Jr. at 9pm.
21:16 - dungeons work w/ lfg
20:41 UPDATE: Bug still happens with Saravash's Ascent, someone on TR global complained that it's happening to them on Cultist's Refuge

goodbye 65 title
• What happened: I was in a duo valk party grinding bams and vampirs near the SM entrance waiting for the queue to pop. I died (lmao) and queue popped while I was dead, so my friend ressed me and I entered. When I got in, it booted both of us out. The ovolith vanguard would go across my screen with 2/10 before I loaded Vale of the Fang while my friend said it didn't appear for him. When we used the teleportal to get in, we could climb the stairs but the npc at the top wouldn't talk to us (reminiscent of server lag?) and we got booted out. We matched with another party and the same thing happened. I relogged but the IM popup wasn't coming up any more. My friend restarted the game and his launcher went through another patch but he still kept getting kicked out. We were in Velika when the second party matched, so the dungeon returned us to Velika when it kicked us out.

• Date and Time the bug was witnessed: 4/11/17 17:30 pdt
• Name of the character or characters that experienced the bug: Lady.Guadaloops, Jesus.Crispies. TR global stated that some others were experiencing the kick too.
• Server the bug was experienced on: TR
• Name of the NPC that is bugged: n/a
• Name of the quest that is bugged: "A Manor Invasion" "Option: Defeat Vampirs" "Option: Eliminate Ovoliths!"
• Zone or area in game where the bug took place: Vale of the Fang (SM entrance), SM.
If you're really concerned about your ping inhibiting archer's ability, pick slayer or sorc as they're a bit more ping friendlier. Problem is that slayer is not getting a revamp soon (thanks valk) and sorc had its revamp earlier than archer. But if you really want to play archer, just do it :) don't compromise your enjoyment just because you're not 1mi away from the servers.
ElinLove wrote: »
You know what helps to "git gud" easily? honestly saying "Hey, I'm new, please tell me what should I take care with and I'll try my best".
Now you've prepared everyone to what expect out of you, heals know they should keep an eye on you, DPS and tanks will not get enraged by you DPSing the front, and... well don't stare into orange and red areas on floor.

That just isn't good advice...
my advice is actually to "git gud", read guides, watch youtube videos, practice on IOD bams, upgrade your gear
make yourself an asset and people will want you.

You are telling people to show up as a liability and announce this at the start of a dungeon? Guess what's going to happen?
Oh yeah, and what if everyone shows up and says this, who will carry?

If a new player applied to an LFG saying "I'm a new player learning this game, I will do my best, please accept" 90% of people would just ignore them so the only thing they can do is use instance matching forming part of the group of ignored unhappy players trapping anyone stupid enough to use instance matching.


That being said, the biggest issue in this game is lack of clear information for new players and content that teaches you the game. It needs to be corrected but won't be because the game is managed by morons.
imo saying "it's my first time" isn't 100% terrible because at least there was a warning. The rest of the party can kick the player and recruit someone else if they really wanted to. For the newbie, if a party keeps them after saying "it's my first" then it's sort of expected that the party will somewhat tolerate the lack of skill the new player has. If you look on the bright side of getting kicked out, it saves the newbie time from getting battered by players who don't know that they're still learning. (Kicking should really be a last resort but it's there.)

Guides and videos are helpful, yes, but every player is different due to ping, cpu power, eme hamster mood, rolls, race animations, buffs (party+consumable), and all of the other variables. Guides and videos can only help you to get the technique and the feel of what the class should do. IOD bams are good for seeing what rotation works best for you, but nothing beyond that. Upgrading gear requires going into dungeons unless you want to grind IOD bams and ace dungeons on end to get intercede tokens for guile. And even if you get guile +12 through intercedes and your accessories through supercedes, then how are you gonna get ambush +15 without cc swiping for emp::gold sales? They'd have to go into LK, 417's, and eventually RMH if they want to progress without real life money. Might as well go into dungeons, suffer, and learn.

If a newbie genuinely thought that it wasn't their fault when it was, then you can correct them and try to guide them. If they're being rowdy and just as toxic as the "you suck go uninstall" portion of TERA, then you can kick them for being rude. If everyone shows up and says that, well, at least they can expect to be there for an hour or two. If they wanted or needed to be carried, they can drop or disband and re-queue and try again.

If putting up a training LFG takes too long, then just know that the great thing about IM is that if you do [filtered] then you're no different than the other unskilled people who also suffered through it. Plus if you're on a dead server then there's a low chance of running with someone who's in the same server as you.

YES YES THEY NEED TO IMPLEMENT A WAY TO HELP NEW PLAYERS FAMILIARIZE THEIR CLASS. 100%. Most people love being able to level up to 65 quickly, but there needs to be some sacrifices made on ease so that people can hit 65 with a better understanding of their class and how to fight bosses. 2012 years were fun to level since it actually took effort, but if they did something like that now, then it would push away people entering the game expecting to hit 65 quickly. There definitely needs to be a middle ground between ease and actual learning.

I love giving advice and getting filtered for "spamming" :^)

Thread's gonna get pruned soon since this is against ToS and staff's gonna come by to fix the servers (?????????????)

Sucks that you had to witness the toxic side of TERA towards new players but take everyone else's advice and surround yourself with a nice guild, nice players, and even other new people. Skim through a few relevant guides on Essential Mana and YT if you wish and get a feel of what your class is capable of doing and what you should try doing. I think skilled people in this game forget that they too had to practice and suffer through bad runs that were their fault as well before they got to where they're at now.

If you're below 65, you've basically quit the game before it's started. Money doesn't roll in until 60, armor doesn't matter until 65. You can either do story quests at the expense of getting to 65 fast but with the benefit of having extra money, achievement points (if that matters), some class knowledge, consumables, and other useful things [personally I recommend this for new players], or you can use Instance Matching to get into dungeons right away and level up quickly at the expense of money everything you'd get doing quests. If you're discouraged this early in the game then I do worry for how you're gonna handle end-game.

If you're 65, then I'm assuming you had a bad time in Instance Matching even though it'd be surprising that you put enough effort into having an item level of 410+ and quit because of one group. If you're still up for it, hit up LFG's and post something along the lines of (dungeon name) (your class type) n>(whatever class types you aren't, and maybe look for both priest and mystic if you want to be ultra safe). That way you can filter out the impatient ones and just have people around you who are willing to teach you provided you try to do what they say and not lash out at them.

If you're legitimately not coming back and only posted this to vent out your butthurt, then goodbye and I hope TERA wasn't your first MMO lol.
Location: Central Cali
TR: 70-80 for about 2-5 readings then jumps to 150-160 2-3 readings and then repeats the cycle.
WH: Stays in the 70-80s much longer and spikes less frequently to 110.
Feels good.

Edit: TR: was at 140 and was hitting 300's and 1000's before I crashed
wew I really love WH now
Iunar.Ioser on TR. Somehow Iunar.Ioner is reserved too.
Valk and Sent are still a little vague. Valkyrie only relates to the new class because it's female while Sentinel literally just means a person who keeps watch. Moondancer is the closest translation we get because for some reason Lunardancer isn't good enough.
Spacecats wrote: »
Where do they come from?
Spacecats wrote: »
where do they go?
Spacecats wrote: »
Where do they come from
cotton eyed joe?
"Legendary spawns will occur randomly.."

...well, it's not like any of us had a schedule anyways. No announcements, no time, nothing. Just "random". We could be using this idle time for other things instead of waiting on our toes, but nope. It's gotta be random and inconsistent.

And I was just starting to feel hopeful about this event.
Fulzoid wrote: »
You're out of subject, you brought stupid edited quote of stuff I haven't said. That's what I called, and then you bring up [filtered] about "I just trim quotes", nah you edit them, changing them and making them fake. Please consider giving up, cuz you blew your credibility on your very first comment.
ffs. I edited one quote, so what? I mean, your source of credibility is literally being one of the richest players in your server.. Man, why you gotta do this lol.

Here's me "editing your quotes"
ae837de7c1ba607fe6a23abad59e6e06.png
e421d1ced965a81f6ddc18148aebfaef.png
22b0a3517d054b48360468b0677c0c87.png
aa84b2b123ca04f4f0ae3b04989e2246.png

and here's me truly editing your post.
92b0beeb0fb91d81032d8532806127b1.png

Well, I had my fun here. If you were serious this whole time, then I don't know what else to tell you lol.
Fulzoid wrote: »
Salsychou wrote: »
Fulzoid wrote: »
Yeah, well done counterpoint, more non sense comment. Thx for your contribution, now you can go, you've done enough
Fulzoid wrote: »
Thx for support, again another fake and edited comment. Is that all you can do ? Oh wait, no you go for insulting afterward. Intresting logic
Yeah I edit what you say just because it's easy to do so and this way I "look smarter".

Totally like this
Salsychou wrote: »
I mean, you did call his stuff nonsense and told him to leave instead of arguing with him... I don't think that's better. Besides, I only leave what I'm gonna respond to.

I can trim my own quotes too, what a concept. Now, please post something relevant to the topic so we can have more things to argue about related to Kyra's Catalysts instead of our abilities to manipulate forum quotes.
Fulzoid wrote: »
Yeah, well done counterpoint, more non sense comment. Thx for your contribution, now you can go, you've done enough
Fulzoid wrote: »
Thx for support, again another fake and edited comment. Is that all you can do ? Oh wait, no you go for insulting afterward. Intresting logic
I mean, you did call his stuff nonsense and told him to leave instead of arguing with him... I don't think that's better. Besides, I only leave what I'm gonna respond to. And face it, you're whining because you didn't get what you want. That's what a brat does.
Fulzoid wrote: »
Salsychou wrote: »
Fulzoid wrote: »
I'm gonna cry because I didn't use my catalysts when there was a warning from the last event and a warning posted recently.
Just accept that they're gone already, sheesh. They're not gonna compensate you since they gave not one, but two warnings. You're just waiting for someone to side with you, but the facts go against you.

Thx for fake quote, another one prooving my point
snipsnap[.
You ignored my second reply and you're only now lashing on me rewording your quote in the previous post.

Fulzoid wrote: »
(I do realize, but still, I need to know how deep the rabbit hole goes...)
Fulzoid wrote: »
That was 2nd actually, First was not to fix the tradeable part. Second was not to delete it on july 19th, I agreed on that many time.
...what difference could it possibly make if it's deleted on July 19th or today, considering you said you weren't playing then anyway? There's been no possible way to use them since...

Are you saying that all the catalysts you lost were tradeable ones due to the lingering bug, and if you had known in advance, you would have put them on the broker to sell them to gullible people who would never have been able to use them anyway? And that's why you're mad? You didn't have the chance to profit off of the ignorance of others and now you want EME to compensate you for this lost opportunity...? (And you really think they'd say yes...?)

You know I'm carrying a pretty heavy part of the economy of my server, I just can't stand when people make mistake and refuse to admit it. That is the case for EME, they "patching it" by killing everybody's due instead of fixing it. and this is why I'm actually facing a bunch of people that are here only to praise EME and feeding the corruption within there.
You're relatively rich in your server, but what does that contribute to the topic? And what mistake? Don't you mean yours? You're refusing to admit to your own mistake. You're against a bunch of people not because we're praising EME but because you literally are fighting a battle that you can't win.

Stop acting like a [filtered] brat, you're only whining 'cause you didn't get what you want despite the warnings.
Fulzoid wrote: »
Salsychou wrote: »
Fulzoid wrote: »
I'm gonna cry because I didn't use my catalysts when there was a warning from the last event and a warning posted recently.
Just accept that they're gone already, sheesh. They're not gonna compensate you since they gave not one, but two warnings. You're just waiting for someone to side with you, but the facts go against you.

Check the "like" and ask on global, you'll see

Okay, so there's people who agree with you in your server, but are you still gonna deny the fact that it wasn't actually out of the blue?
Fulzoid wrote: »
I'm gonna cry because I didn't use my catalysts when there was a warning from the last event and a warning posted recently.
Just accept that they're gone already, sheesh. They're not gonna compensate you since they gave not one, but two warnings. You're just waiting for someone to side with you, but the facts go against you.
0dee3193cfb29bcbc0bc90c6b976871d.png
I need him like boots need socks.

IGN: Salsy
This isn't cropped too much, is it? :c
lol im dumb pls delete
vkobe wrote: »
Salsychou wrote: »
LancerJiva wrote: »
Tamokichou wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
So, this is a first come first served event for only 30 bam's.

I think that dozen of thousand's ppl will be grateful.

No one even really bothered on TR. People mentioned it on global a few times and there was still leftovers a bit everywhere. We got about 7 to ourselves over the span of an hour and we probably could have gotten more if we decided to. And we didn't try hard or anything, just roamed around.
LancerJiva wrote: »
Top notch communication on their part. Always the best -Kappa-

Just like you don't expect the Stream reward codes to be posted on the news page, I'm not sure you should expect a Stream reward event to be posted either. No communication failure on their part on this one, and trust me, I'd be the first to point out any EME failure.

In a way it is communication failure. Because not everyone watches the stream. People say "Monster spawn event" they think event is on going, when it isn't.
If it's a reward for watching the stream, they're not gonna publicize it outside the stream. So no, it's not a failure to communicate. It's an incentive for those who watched it and, if you wanna think of it this way, it's a "better luck next time" for those who didn't. Besides, if you couldn't make it to the stream or didn't know at first, they're doing it again anyways on Sunday at 7pm pst, so knock your socks off tomorrow.

In technicality, it was a monster spawn event because there were 30 jackpot spawns. Did they respawn? No, but they were still spawned.

it is why it was better before august 2015, at least we had fun with our elin gm and she was better to share the fun with us
Salsychou wrote: »
Besides, if you couldn't make it to the stream or didn't know at first, they're doing it again anyways on Sunday at 7pm pst, so knock your socks off tomorrow.

you're all acting like it's not gonna happen ever again.
LancerJiva wrote: »
Tamokichou wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
So, this is a first come first served event for only 30 bam's.

I think that dozen of thousand's ppl will be grateful.

No one even really bothered on TR. People mentioned it on global a few times and there was still leftovers a bit everywhere. We got about 7 to ourselves over the span of an hour and we probably could have gotten more if we decided to. And we didn't try hard or anything, just roamed around.
LancerJiva wrote: »
Top notch communication on their part. Always the best -Kappa-

Just like you don't expect the Stream reward codes to be posted on the news page, I'm not sure you should expect a Stream reward event to be posted either. No communication failure on their part on this one, and trust me, I'd be the first to point out any EME failure.

In a way it is communication failure. Because not everyone watches the stream. People say "Monster spawn event" they think event is on going, when it isn't.
If it's a reward for watching the stream, they're not gonna publicize it outside the stream. So no, it's not a failure to communicate. It's an incentive for those who watched it and, if you wanna think of it this way, it's a "better luck next time" for those who didn't. Besides, if you couldn't make it to the stream or didn't know at first, they're doing it again anyways on Sunday at 7pm pst, so knock your socks off tomorrow.

In technicality, it was a monster spawn event because there were 30 jackpot spawns. Did they respawn? No, but they were still spawned.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
So, this is a first come first served event for only 30 bam's.

I think that dozen of thousand's ppl will be grateful.
It's more like a a thank you gesture for those who watched the stream. He suggested that the viewers don't tell other people so that they would have a better chance of getting a bam. It wasn't even supposed to be a big event, it was just something for bored people to do.

Hilariously enough, it was still a bit buggy as usual. TR's was bugged because one of the 30 bams had to spawn inside the water cage in Serpentis. Someone also said that they got 5 keys in IoD, which shouldn't happen considering that they weren't listed as spawning there.
NPCPak wrote: »
These locations will have 30 Iron Giants spawned that you can kill to get any of the following:
x2 Dragon Scales
x5 Strongbox Keys
x? "Something Equally Cool" "Something Good" "Take my word for it" - Spacecats
It was 50 supercede tokens.
• What happened: A very detailed description of what you were doing right before the bug took place, during the bug, and after.
I got hit by Molek's silence while in the middle of casting Arcane Pulse. After cleansing, I couldn't use any skills or move since I was locked. Only death can cancel the bug. To clarify, it's obviously hard to move out of the aoe when you can't use skills but even after the attack is over, I'm still stuck in the charging animation despite being cleansed and healed.

• Date and Time the bug was witnessed
First saw it on release day around 10 pm pst but it reappeared on the 15th around 10 pm pst.

• Reproduction Steps: If you are able to reproduce the bug list the steps to do so here.
Go near Molek. Charge Arcane Pulse. Get hit with the purple silencing attack. Die.

• Screenshot: If you can get one a screenshot is very helpful in identifying a bug. Pictures tell a thousand words so include a screenshot of the bug if you can.
d7c561b5f5c508a87ad3e2815cccd9ab.png

Additional details if applicable...
• Name of the NPC that is bugged
Molek
• Zone or area in game where the bug took place
Broken Prison
1     4 ms     4 ms     2 ms  why do girls always go for the a-holes
  2    15 ms    14 ms    13 ms  it's not my fault that i'm not into pegging
  3    14 ms    14 ms    18 ms  xe-1-1-3-sur03.clovis.ca.ccal.comcast.net [162.151.83.57]
  4    27 ms    21 ms    19 ms  ae-25-ar01.fresno.ca.ccal.comcast.net [162.151.40.133]
  5    24 ms    28 ms    35 ms  be-33667-cr02.losangeles.ca.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.93.37]
  6    27 ms    21 ms    21 ms  hu-0-0-0-0-pe02.600wseventh.ca.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.83.18]
  7    22 ms    22 ms    25 ms  los-edge-03.inet.qwest.net [67.128.19.37]
  8     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  9    92 ms    34 ms   108 ms  63.146.26.190
 10    26 ms    29 ms    24 ms  er2-xe-11-3-0.SanJoseEquinix.savvis.net [204.70.198.146]
 11    28 ms    30 ms    45 ms  cr2-tengig0-7-3-0.sanfrancisco.savvis.net [204.70.206.57]
 12    82 ms    73 ms    74 ms  204.70.192.134
 13    97 ms    78 ms    78 ms  hr3-xe-8-0-0.elkgrovech3.savvis.net [204.70.198.73]
 14    77 ms    84 ms    73 ms  208.67.49.145
9 is my favorite part of the route. it's qwest's NY location which is the parent of savvis so thankfully it's not my ISP :) ingame ping is 70-110 with the occasional peak to 190+, rubberbands, and 1-3sec delays. think there was a point in a few dungeons where multiple skills were stacking ontop of each other to catch up with the server.

at this point it's like talking to a brick wall with the topic of lag because now that the majority - or the side that will complain the most - is satisfied, there's not enough backlash to try and resolve lag issues. while i understand eme cannot flip a switch and make everyone happy, it would be nice for them to at least be transparent with how they're trying to fix it for the people still complaining or at least give an inexcusable reason as to why they can't fix or disclose the issues with the server. a response that doesn't sound like they chose it from a spin-the-wheel for responses would be a dream.
Salsychou wrote: »
I'm in the US in the middle of Cali with Comcast :( My ping went down from 170-270 to 85-170+spikes to 260 but there's still times where things will stay in place or feel delayed. There's better ping overall but it's still a struggle. At this point it's probably just Comcast but some other things make me think otherwise.
9426ea1928af96b12487713c27d5dff6.png

even right before posting this, there was a spike. cool
even though i was way too late to capture the actual results, but those really far ranges are nice i guess. 7383a5a2063b071a146497b59c1f0be4.png

[filtered], even after pasting that, it's still spiking higher. oh well.

Yeah, in your case, the lag spikes are in your neck of the woods before it even gets to Chicago (or Savvis for that matter).

New pingplotter table for today. As usual, spikes even more each time I type. It hit a peak at 449ms so I could finally have some time between blotting out stuff and posting without worrying about it going any higher.
3d56f12c1342d2318cb1fdc97d2e8f09.png
It's Qwest causing problems with Comcast screwing up too now. Qwest and Savvis are both run by CenturyLink though, so sadly it's still the same parent causing the problem. Savvis's results are probably just a consequence from Qwest's mess-up.
I'm in the US in the middle of Cali with Comcast :( My ping went down from 170-270 to 85-170+spikes to 260 but there's still times where things will stay in place or feel delayed. There's better ping overall but it's still a struggle. At this point it's probably just Comcast but some other things make me think otherwise.
9426ea1928af96b12487713c27d5dff6.png

even right before posting this, there was a spike. cool
even though i was way too late to capture the actual results, but those really far ranges are nice i guess. 7383a5a2063b071a146497b59c1f0be4.png

[filtered], even after pasting that, it's still spiking higher. oh well.
Ping and buffs also make a difference, especially with archer. Correct me if I'm wrong b/c I still don't know if the revamp made it less ping-dependent. If you have the same gear as someone else but your ping is higher, then you'll lose some DPS.
clfarron4 wrote: »
@Angeline This lost soul has already lost count of how many of these I've done.

@Spacecats Daily Report (12/Dec/2016): More what I've been saying since Ruinous Manor was introduced into the game. Apart from a 30 minute lag-free zone yesterday when I was in RMNM.

Daily Report (13/Dec/2016): Logged in shortly after making this post initially, went to do BAMs and my character freezes for well over a minute. Dead. Stuffed. That's how my Brawler was. Not even 3 hours after maintenance was finished. In game was supposedly fine too. If that's 3 hours after maintenance, well things are going to be very interesting over this coming week.

Hey EME, if you want to resolve your patchy communication problems, do it like this guy and invest some time in making daily reports about what you're doing to actually fix the problem. Transparency would be a nice holiday gift (or even better, a permanent solution) since this thread's already over a month old with only 15 posts out of 37 pages (about 1.36 out of 37 pages) actually coming from you guys.

the video reflects the current status of the NA servers: desynced and laggy ft. AMD trying to work with tera on preset 6 graphics also stick around until the end
I'm a terrible member in a pug because I'm one of those that literally can't see Imp's pizza no matter what I try. :( I'm guilty and I'm glad I don't need to go back in there. "I can't see cage" [filtered] sucks to type and see.

Usually when people say hi, they tend to be the ones who die first and die throughout. It's a friendly gesture and it might not always be the case but it's stressful to see that at the beginning of a run.
I'm not getting disconnected (with the exception of one time transferring from LKNM back to TR from an IM group, but it's going from a cross-server party back to TR so that makes sense). However, there's still a ton of lag. On normal days I'm at 80-120ping but I've been staying at 170-270 in TR and 90-360 in instances w/ IM. Sometimes it peaks at 400 in the middle of a battle, which is fantastic.
BrofessorX wrote: »
Honestly i don't know why eme doesnt try find a new ISP or whatever since they know its them being responsible for the lap, high ping etc.
this game wil live or die by the quality and stability of the connection.
i already forgot the crappy isp name , but why is eme sticking with them still when the isp cannot deliver ????

If you're talking about Zayo, it's off. Zayo helps players that aren't in NA but hurts NA players. Savvis is on right now and it helped NA players (for awhile at least) but it hurt non-NA players. It's really a choice between screwing NA or screwing non-NA players over. Whatever choice they make, there will always be a side that's pissed. There's a lot more on the fiasco here
Chriseh wrote: »
The game is definitely lagging. At this point we should be treating lag as the RNG addition to raiding mechanics, because it's what causes the most wipes.

FOTM mechanic: lag
in stepstone isle, do cat elins say that they're fighting the nyargons? do they fight the nyarch devans later on in the story?


thank you
698ded368352772d24c6014fcb8d5d5a.png

/w or parcel Salsy
I understood why they removed the stamina system since, at times, it was a burden to have to sit down for awhile and wait for stamina (pretending that panaceas didn't exist) and pulling up a campfire to charm before each boss for non-elites slowed down parties.

What sucks is that campfires were an icon in TERA and out of nowhere, they don't have a use anymore. Instead of cutting it completely out of the game, they should be used like fireworks, sandcastles, and other aesthetics. They should last less than 2 minutes and instead of being purchased at the regular merchants, they could be distributed as event loot/buyables, fed bill items, or novelty merchant items.

I mean...
contest_by_oniichu-dak81ud.png
from this
and
Wv3Bj4F.png
from the Geren Lunchboxes from summer can't exist without those campfires.

Welcome!!! <3 I have a pressing question for you..

Do you look like this:
905f0536de08bff1a63b079070c24da7.png
or like this:
87b75031f75b73512df404b4cf917203.png
Peanut (in TR at least) has some timing issues. He gave his statement for summoning Meldita after they're all dead and gave his "13th chapter? I hate this book" statement 15 before the event is actually over. Are any of those things intentional?
(granted I didn't get to make the last one at 12-2 but it happened twice yesterday)
itf69 wrote: »
Spacecats wrote: »
itf69 wrote: »
Inb4 this becomes an E R P thread.

I tip toe across the soft carpet, gently pulling back the drapes to peek out across the room. Our eyes meet. "I am shy, @itf69," I say in a whisper almost too quiet for you to hear.

Our eyes lock for quite a long time, gazes dragging from head to toe. As a walk closer to you, I reach my hand out and touch your short, blue hair. I felt you quiver with my touch. I step closer, my lips to your ears. i whisper "Shhh, no more words my @Spacecats ."

Please continue.
Famc5JB.gif
0FLkM7W.png
Name: Salsy
Server: Tempest Reach
Description: "Autumn's over there!"
edit button isn't working for me (rip) so here's the album with the actual successful photos imgur.com/a/yZ0G1
Skype released this bot that can do faceswaps called Murphy, so I asked it "What if Trump was Tera Pegasus?" since there seems to be a subtle face on the the front. That first try wasn't really successful, but Murphy was a pretty good source of entertainment for the next 40 minutes or so despite some messups that happened
This was done in a group chat and it seems to get really buggy when it's not a one to one coversation (captions will show it) so if you try it on your own, you might get better results. Trump/Clinton were used just because they were the easiest to recognize. There's so many of them, so I figured an imgur link would be best

Successful pictures
imgur.com/a/fDqfX

Not so successful
imgur.com/a/26NGp
You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.