TERA Online forum archive
Posts by SageWindu
DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
They need to reach their monthly revenue quota and the fiasco right at the beginning of October was a red flag to their wallets. Of course they'll pull this crate out of their bums. I am hardly surprised. It's pretty effective, I think. People are buying and opening crates left and right (not sure how much it amounts to, though).

So EME purposely made talents harder to get this month for the sole purpose of releasing these Lustrous Fed Crate for cash shop only to meet their October deadline?

Right? Again, almost looks like war profiteering.
DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
I could believe that. There are a ton of ppl who has no control of spending their money in this game. It's smart, but greedy until they can figure out what to do for November. Oh right, Black Friday.

We saw it before with the new Catwhatever undies, and even before that with gem crates (of all f**king things). At this point, just put in something like Warframe's Prime Access and call it a day, sheesh.

Also, I have a feeling that Black Friday is also going to be a bust...
HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
This situation is not entirely that bad because we are getting improvements with dungeon drops regarding talents ( i know, it is not enough but this is the start of something that might be interesting). While at the same time, we are also getting this double enchant event which to be honest is very nice and if some players are going to buy talents with real money while everyone in general can get a double enchant event then i can say that the free to play players are not getting a bad deal out of this considering that there are still decent options to farm talents in game ( i am also happy to see more geared players and especially tanks for dungeons and guardians ).

If nothing else, the timing of this is f**king terrible. Why wait until everyone (on the forums) is clamoring out the wazoo for a fix? It makes EME look like war profiteers (create a problem, sell the fix).
spung wrote: »
SageWindu wrote: »
The difference here is that 1) there were very few people who actually bought those and 2) over time getting both became easier by simply, you know, playing the game. It eventually got to the point where spending money on either of those was a massive waste and I certainly didn't see too many people crying about their absence when they were removed from the store (obsolescence or otherwise). By the way, with the average gamer being in their early-30s, I highly doubt those items were around "long before [they] were born".

A few people bought it ? Trying to make a blatant assumption with no data to back it up utterly ridiculous...

And then what? Can you prove me wrong? By all means, please do.
TsukasaKun wrote: »
KitTeaCup wrote: »
Following yesterday’s statement, we have received a lot of questions regarding the ongoing use of proxy relative to our terms of service.

Our stance is summarized below:

We are not actively seeking out players who use proxy and other third-party mods to improve their gameplay experience. Ultimately, we want you to enjoy playing TERA fairly. Monitoring streams to identify players who are using DPS meters or UI mods to ban them is not a regular part of our day-to-day.

That said, we remain committed to addressing reports of cheating and abuse facilitated by third-party programs. Using third-party mods remains in violation of our Terms Of Service, and we reserve the right to ban any player purely for their use of ANY unofficial mod, particularly if we deem such use to be abusive or result in any kind of unfair play. If you choose to use third-party programs, you do so at the risk of your En Masse account being banned.

We remain dedicated to pursuing long-term and official solutions to the beneficial features provided by popular third-party mods to eliminate this grey area in the future and provide an improved experience for our players (as outlined in yesterday’s message).

(from the DMCA megathread)

Apparently their stance now is back to "we tolerate it, but no cheating!" I swear they switch stances about this more than most people change underwear.

Can someone with less inhibitions tell the CM to pester EME to get better datacenters so people wouldn't rely on outside s**t, for f**k's sake?!

Seriously, why create all this chaos and then not do anything? I'm starting to think that the current EME staff couldn't find their a**es with both hands and a mirror.

P.S.: I'd ping people myself, but I don't know who all the right people are.
spung wrote: »
Personally I have no issue with the talent crates because it will inject the market with needed resources without affecting the overall performance and leave long term damage.

Masterwork / Spellbinds Boxes existed as cash shop long before you were born and this isn't any different. The game is F2P, you want faster gearing you open your wallet, its simple as that. You don't want to pay then crap don't complain about how long it will take you to grind.

The difference here is that 1) there were very few people who actually bought those and 2) over time getting both became easier by simply, you know, playing the game. It eventually got to the point where spending money on either of those was a massive waste and I certainly didn't see too many people crying about their absence when they were removed from the store (obsolescence or otherwise). By the way, with the average gamer being in their early-30s, I highly doubt those items were around "long before [they] were born".

Also, just because you have no issue with it doesn't mean others don't, just like how I didn't think we needed the server merge last month (and I was very vocal as to why not). And you know what? In both instances we were in the minority and thus the decision was made to appease the many rather than the few (methods of doing so notwithstanding).

I don't like saying this, but this is definitely a case of "deal with it :sunglasses: ".
spung wrote: »
I don't even know why we are having this discussion, this tell me you're just a bunch of brats who joined the game early this morning because you cannot get your shiny gear the way you want it.

EME held an event to help new comers to gear for next patch, I think they deserve some gratitude instead of the grumpy faces you forum dwellers show.

People want to play the game to get their stuff, not pay a rapidly free-falling company for the opportunity. Is it really that difficult to understand?

Now, credit where it's due, the enchanting event is great, but it's a little difficult to praise EME on this when they keep f**king up everywhere else.

All that said, no one can stop you from buying these lootboxes outside of a physical confrontation - it's your money and you can do whatever the f**k you like with it. But don't you dare tell the rest of us "Well, I don't have a problem, so you shouldn't either."
voidy wrote: »
The similarities between EME now and EU back then are shocking. When EU lost a majority of its players, it was after they made it extremely difficult to obtain masterwork alkahest, and then implemented a cash shop item that gave masterwork alkahest. The EU players quit with that decision and joined NA, which at the time was the superior version. Fast forward three years and here we are.

It's almost like someone didn't learn from the mistakes that came before.

I'm pretty sure there's a phrase for that. Can't quite remember how it goes. Hmm...
Digivolve wrote: »
SageWindu wrote: »

Whoever thought that was a good idea needs to be smacked with the broad side of a baraka. Twice.

I imagine they thought something like:
Hey, we'll give you these OP skills but you gotta show us you understand the basics of the game, okay?

Yea, smack them trice if needed!

That doesn't overlook the fact that the enemies hit harder and have higher endurance than g**damn IoD hydraths despite being the same level.

Seriously, the black dragon you fight before you get your Apex skills isn't that ridiculous.
The Apex questline isn't very forgiving for most classes. It's particularly rough for zerks (and f**k tanking, personally. tried it, not for me. I'll stick to lancing and brawling, thanks). The monsters are the same level as T3 BAMs on IoD, but they hit far harder and take far more damage before they go down for whatever reason.

Whoever thought that was a good idea needs to be smacked with the broad side of a baraka. Twice.
See all this here? This is why I try to take neutral stances where possible.

There is one thing that confuses me a little however: people complain about not having a lot of people to run harder stuff while also realizing they're in the minority as such. You're not going to have 1000 people at the ready to run, say, AAH from the outset - either roll with the punches of not having a large pool of players to do that type of content or help create an environment where eventually there is a large pool of players that do that type of content. Simply saying "go read a guide lol" hasn't worked for the past 4 or so years, so I don't see why some of you think it would suddenly work now.

That said, in situations like what @AxeI what saying there's nothing much to do about that one. And it's unfortunate how often that "bad apple spoils the bunch" on both sides, otherwise we wouldn't be here talking about such once again.

Shame, really.
It would help if the game itself didn't penalize you so much for even attempting the dungeon in the first place.

What I mean is that you don't really have a lot of room to make mistakes in this game. I don't know if other "traditional" MMOs follow this pattern, but in TERA, you basically have one chance to clear a dungeon stretched out among multiple chances to clear each boss. And gods help you if either you're not a fan of guides or the guides available aren't very good; Essential Mana is great and all, but even they make some very galling mistakes (e.g. their brawler guide assumes you have a mystic on-hand at all times).

So my suggestion would be to remove dungeon entry limits (outside of big raids like HH - limit those to once a day, but make sure to throw some stupid good loot). Not everyone has the means to, say, record their run and can then analyze what happened where at a later time. If that's not in the cards, once again, difficulty settings. A "Practice" or "Easy" mode - even if the "5-man" rule still needs to be in place - would easily fix this problem. People gain a better understanding of a dungeon, they're more confident in that dungeon, there's more people to run it.

Everyone wins.
Vinyltails wrote: »
SageWindu wrote: »
I friggin' called it! Not even a full month after the merge and people are already asking if the game is dying.

Do I get something? Like... any one achievement for free? How about the butcher knife cosmetic? I can do small.

You get this medal only cool people can see right here:

Like in The Emperor's New Clothes? Awesome! :smiley:
ElinLove wrote: »
You can never underestimate stupidity.

As some old guy in the past once said, probably:
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about th’universe!

My favorite is when someone begs you to heal while they're still standing in whatever hazard is eating their health. Then you Intervention them out and now they're upset that you f**ked up their DPS totals.

Like, all right, bet. Next time I'll make sure to leave you in the pool of acid/fire/hot wax/whatever and we'll see how you like that.
I friggin' called it! Not even a full month after the merge and people are already asking if the game is dying.

Do I get something? Like... any one achievement for free? How about the butcher knife cosmetic? I can do small.
DYLW5HFXJH wrote: »
SageWindu wrote: »
DYLW5HFXJH wrote: »
Most likely, this is exactly why the opportunity for an appeal was put in to place. Not to argue over what name belongs to who, but to find cases of intentionally stealing. You would also have to have that character play time on a different server that also happened to be merging with the server the other person is on, making it a little less likely to happen.

Wow. That's a pretty sh***y system if that's accurate.

Yet another piece of credence that EME has no QC.

Stop putting blame on a company for regular practice in server merge. What exactly would you suggest, within reason, that they would do with players who share name conflicts who A) Have not logged in for 30 days or longer or B ) Have less than another conflicting player invested in the game. I definitely knew about the 30 day inactive rule before the server merge, however I heard it from a discord channel discussion in my own guild, so I cannot speak to the way the announcement was held.

What would I suggest? I'd keep things simple: if you have a character name that conflicts with another, whoever's character has less play time has to change their name. Lighten the blow by giving everyone an not-for-resale/trade (yet bankable) name changer for each character that player owns after the merge is complete. None of this arbitrary "But, if you log in at this specific time during this specific moon phase..." bollocks. The decision sticks unless there's hard, tangible proof that otherwise is the case. But that's just me.

And I'm "putting blame on a company" because this is yet another thing that EME has done the ended up breaking something if not itself.
Something else that could be done is to have obnoxious messages pop up when the boss does certain attacks (like the messages about the gunpowder barrels or the targeted leap in KD).

If a difficulty system is ever put in, make a "Practice" or "Easy" mode and throw those in there. The higher levels don't have the messages and the boss even gets some new attacks/attack properties.

Building blocks and such.
Gatokatzen wrote: »
Starkhoe wrote: »
Gatokatzen wrote: »
https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/leaked-harry-potter-rpg-magic-awakened-1202966926/

Seems like the best solution is looking for the future, there is going to be a New Harry Potter MMORPG similar to Tera. Could be a hard hit if starts as f2p

"404 Not Found"
:+1:


Google it Harry Potter Leaked RPG 2018 if becomes like Tera will be a massive wipe for this game

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/WdWB1Re


https://m.imgur.com/gallery/ksJ77Y0

Yeah, that's the same thing people said about Blade & Soul and Black Desert.
DYLW5HFXJH wrote: »
Most likely, this is exactly why the opportunity for an appeal was put in to place. Not to argue over what name belongs to who, but to find cases of intentionally stealing. You would also have to have that character play time on a different server that also happened to be merging with the server the other person is on, making it a little less likely to happen.

Wow. That's a pretty sh***y system if that's accurate.

Yet another piece of credence that EME has no QC.
Let me see if I understand this correctly:

> I have a level 65 slayer that I've been active on for 4 years, right?
> someone else just started playing the game
> they have a name I like, so I can just use a name changer to basically usurp they're character because I have more playtime?

Yes, you're reading that right: I'm intentionally being the bad guy here. I think I can understand the situation better that way.
You also can't use open spaces, despite there being a few NPCs in the game that have their names such.
I'm with Jerichow: I don't hate the grind itself, I hate this particular manifestation of it - TERA'a manifestation of grinding, which has not aged well.

I'm also going to using Warframe as an example off how TERA could use a few upgrades here and there. I won't be talking about gameplay as that's irrelevant in this discussion.

---

Mission Structure - Warframe: Variety of missions, including some story missions that can be replayed. Get a certain number of kills, kill a specific target (usually boss fights, that then reward loot), collect this data, rescue some people, defend the point, go to this spot by the lake... the list goes on.

Mission Struncture - TERA: Very static: enter, go to and fight boss 1, go to and fight boss 2, go to and fight boss 3, end. Story missions cannot be replayed outside of creating a new character (save Echoes). Maybe you get some mobs sprinkled about or even the odd puzzle (e.g. Timescape). The Arena and Dreadspire are exceptions as they are gauntlets.

Possible solution: Introduce more dungeon types in TERA with new and unusual clear requirements. Expand Echoes to be able to replay story missions and possibly with different outcomes (for achievements?).

---

Loot and Gathering - Warframe: Various in-game resources tell you exactly what drops where and from what enemy. Items can be bought/crafted that passively gather resources even while offline. For frames and weapons, pieces drop one at a time but the mission from whence it came can be farmed indefinitely (exceptions being those tied to a specific resource, such as the case with void relics and the process of trying to build the Saryn frame). Farming can be further augmented with boosters, items, or even advanced gameplay techniques.

Loot and Gathering - TERA: A rare mat might drop upon killing one of the bosses, and then it's a toss-up if it's something you want/need (to say nothing of your teammates...) and whether or not you win the roll against another player who's looking for that mat. There currently exists no boosters that augment farming once a character reaches level 60 (the gold boosters almost immediately lose relevance at this point).

Solution: Mats also drop from "trash" enemies and are available to everyone, but the player has to pick them up manually (or with pets). Certain mats/items are awarded to everyone immediately upon completion of the dungeon.
---

Leveling - Warframe: Many items are limited to "Mastery Rank" (read: player level). Levels of items are independent of Mastery Rank (all items have a level cap of 30 which can then be reset if the player chooses, provided they have the resources). All items (except rivens) can be obtained upon reaching a specific mastery rank threshold.

Leveling - TERA: Leveling is very rapid, but nosedives around 40, then picks up at around 44 before nosediving again at 60. Gear now has an experience system to ease the enchanting process, but is very rigid. Experience is only gained upon completion of a Vanguard Request and has bizarre formulas that calculate your enchantment success chance upon reaching the Frostmetal set of equipment (i.e. 100% XP = 60% chance of success (Elite status notwithstanding)). XP also no longer carries over to the next enchantment level.

Possible solution: Allow item XP to be gained by the kill rather than by quest turn in. Rework formulas so that accruing all necessary XP rewards the player with 100% enchantment success chance regardless of equipment set. Revert excess XP to carry over to next enchantment level. Or remove enchantment success rates completely; the enchantment works so long as the player has the materials for it, but increase the number of materials needed.

---

I think if even one of these were implemented into the game, TERA's grind wouldn't be as much of a slog as it is currently.
Khernz wrote: »
You got a cringe inducing leftist posing as a CM

While I agree with the rest of your post, please explain to me what real-world politics have to do with this.
As far as I know you can't outright stop people from sending requests, but you can always deny them.
The rest that attacks people using the "you scrub don't talk" argument are literal forum trolls and I have yet to understand why you are STILL dwelling on that.

Because the more I understand the argument, the less likely I am to fall into the same trappings if I ever find myself in that situation - "those who do not remember the past" and all. It also gives my counterarguments more gravitas as I can better reference who said what why (or why not).

And I didn't respond to you directly because I saw your part, thought to myself "Okay, I think I get it...", then went on about my business. So now I'm basically calling out the "perpetrators" and responding accordingly in an attempt to show the people trying to throw gasoline on the already raging forest fire why everyone suffers if they keep that attitude up (vain as though it may be considering this place). Call me a "white knight" if you want for that, but this game and its players are in enough pain as it is.

If nothing else, take this away at least: I get it. I don't agree with it 100%, but I get it. And EME's current "everything looks like a nail" approach to the situation is causing far more harm than good (just like last year... "those who do not remember the past" indeed). But bringing up dungeons and skill levels cheapens the argument, methinks, and does little more than further fan the flames of war between "casual" and "hardcore" players.
This can easily be fixed by making the 412s have a proper tutorial on how TERA's end-game works instead of just saying "Hey f****t, use a nostrum so we can go, please?!" (the game, not the players (cough)).

Seriously, I know they're "Intro" dungeons, but they don't teach a g*****n thing
Also, I never said anything about being against competing. As I said, I used to play a lot of fighting games and I was notoriously merciless - if you weren't on my team, you were nothing more than another obstacle to overcome, regardless of you having the game for 10 minutes or 10 years. And I was FREQUENTLY accused of smurfing, cheating though elaborate (...or otherwise) combos and techniques, "not playing for fun," you name it.

All I'm saying is that some people's arguments appear flawed for reasons I'e already stated.
@Saabi
Aside: I'm on my phone, so I can't properly pinpoint what I'm addressing without my post looking like uncooked Alphabet Soup, so apologies for that.

Yes, I'm referring to the people who keep trying to call out OTHER PEOPLE as part of their justification for... parsing, was it?

How and how often you play the game doesn't concern me and vice versa. What DOES concern me however is the constant vitriol between the "casual" and "hardcore" player. This game is hemorrhaging people as it is from how it's inherently built, whether it be from general instability (Nexus anyone?), non-sensical arithmetic regarding equipment (100% gives me +5% chance of success?! How the f**k does that work?!), or out-of-date loot scaling and distro (75 clears in BRN and I still don't have all my Ambit gear?!), never mind EME's increasingly questionable business practices. There's no need to further poison the waters as the forums are already like wading the muck in Dark Soul's Blighttown (and if that reference is unfamiliar to you or anyone else, the water in section of the game is LITERALLY poisonous).

You were referenced because you were one of 2 people who had the most recent responses at the time and I thought you could perhaps give me some insight on the situation. "Knowledge is half the battle" and all that.
@Saabi @6AWC3DP9PR
At the risk of sounding disrespectful, I couldn't care less about skill and ranking and so on; you could clear HH solo, as a ninja, in Idoneal gear, blindfolded, with your genitalia, on a literal potato for all I care. My argument is that the common go-to line of reasoning of most people here on the forums in favor of proxies or whatever-the-hell is because they run high-end content and [filtered] everyone else because they're a bunch of scrubs. And I want to know if there's any real motive for people to keep saying that, since a lag spike can affect everyone regardless of alleged skill level.

I used to play a lot of fighting games (dat Soul Calibur VI fam!), so I get it - even the slightest hiccup will [filtered] your gameplay all up. That said, the people who swear by outside methods of lowering ping tax can easily say "You know how difficult it is to do XYZ with 150+ ping?" and their argument who hold far more weight as opposed to saying something like "ur not even in sc" (actual quote, btw) and further increasing the divide between the playerbase, intended or otherwise.

Look, all I'm saying is that bringing up skill level (or lack thereof) is irrelevant since ping and lag spikes don't discriminate between the player who just got their Guardian set and the player who's decking out their 20th toon in full HO gear. So why keep bringing it up?
It hasn't even been a full month since the most recent merge, if that helps put things into perspective.
Of course, the best solution would be to fix the f**king gateways (or invest in better routing) so that people wouldn't need to resort to these tactics in the first place. Less lag all around, more players can get their sh*t done, everyone's happy.

I know, when it comes to BHS/EME these days, I get more done trying to drown myself in an outhouse.
@Victorpresti @Saabi
Can either of you explain to me where this "You need a proxy to run high-end content." mentality originated? Because that implies even the people with relatively low or stable ping shouldn't be able to do anything either, and I think I can safely say that I qualified as such a player (you know, when TERA wasn't being a c**t for no reason).

@Khernz
You obviously haven't been on the forums for very long. @ElinLove and ElinUsagi are frequently found in the same threads attempting to refute each other's points. And before you or anyone else tries to argue that they could still be the same person, think about how pathetic that is to go through all that work just to make themselves look good.

This game is not worth it, and I'm sure even you know that.
voidy wrote: »
Yeah, I know a lot of people don't even log in anymore. Seems kinda bad to only advertise your events in game if your goal is to get people in again but hey! What do I know, haha

Or rather, the only incentive to play the game again is to log into the game to see if there's any incentive to play the game.

That's a pretty roundabout method to see if anything interesting is happening.
voidy wrote: »
Corrupt a wish: TERA edition.
PVPers: Get these cheating proxy users out of my pvp!
Genie: Your wish is granted. However...
voidy wrote: »
Corrupt a wish: TERA edition.
PVPers: Get these cheating proxy users out of my pvp!
Genie: Your wish is granted. However...

Popo's paw! :smiley:

Wish: Get all these scrubs off my game!
Result: No more low-, average-, or above-average-skill players, but the few that are left spend more time berating each other over min-maxxing than actually playing.

But I digress.
What do you want, yet another server merge?

(cough)
Paige007 wrote: »
As a founder account who plays casually, I'm just really sad to see all the drama on the forums.

Luckily none of these issues impact me and I enjoy Tera.

Just watching people wish for the game to close down and making forum threats is really draining.

I don't think the players wants this game dead, however I do think that's what EME is trying to do. You see someone shooting their own foot and eventually moved onto shooting their own head, youd also assume that they wanted to end themselves.

Agreed. Hell, I don't think EME is even deliberately trying to sabotage the game, but I do think the higher-ups don't understand the consequences of their actions.

You can only make so many poor decisions before people start to question your intellect and/or integrity.
SageWindu wrote: »
I'm just tired of the implications (and outright accusations from some players) that only the "real" players were the ones doing high-level end-game content, like unless you're running 4 runs (minimum) of AA a day you're not a real player. And to do that, you needed a proxy or whatever the hell the "cool kids" were doing that has them so up in arms.

Like, why do you care how I play the game? I may not have as much grounds to give input on specific subjects, sure (PvP? yeah, no), but some of the issues affect the casual player just as much as the hardcore one, like entry lockouts, dungeon difficulty, and reward scaling.

I get that casual players are affected as well, but what remains true is that the hardcore players are leaving, and a lot of these are hardcore spenders, and on top of that the overall population is small already. Don't you also think it's an issue that the overall player skill level is dropping?

I'm not saying we are the most important people amongst all the players, but we are definitely very influential to this game. That fact that we spend hours and hours in this game, the fact that our demands drives the economy of this game, the fact that we continuously pay for subscription, already makes us too too important to be pushed out of the door like this.

And I'm not saying you guys should get f**ked. I'm just saying that bringing up another player's skill level is poor justification for calling out a game's online stability (or hilarious lack thereof in the case of TERA).

I used to play on a daily basis, with a pretty consistent internet connection and decent ping. My PC cost upwards of $2500USD (today's prices) to build and to this day TERA is the only game I have issues with: random ping spikes for no g**damn reason, inexplicable server outages, colossal amounts of lag during certain events or boss (or even player) attacks even with the settings on 1 (remember Dreamstorm, or Nexus??). This game is over 6 years old and some of this sh*t still hasn't been fixed?! Velik's t**s, BHS can make a whole new g**damn game but can't even fix the f**king scarf/cape glitch?! What the f**k!?

Now, I haven't had any issues so severe to resort to any sort of proxy, so I can't (and won't) comment on that. I'm just saying that going "F**k off, scrub. You don't run (insert dungeon here)." is a pretty bad argument for justifying the use of 3rd party software. Those guys can easily say "You try running (insert dungeon here) at 200 ping and let me know how that goes." and the message would have still gotten across. Attacking another person's playstyle because it looks "wrong" (remind me to pour one out for CH) greatly cheapens the argument and just makes the person who made that argument look foolish.
Here are (cough) some of my fondest memories:

- my first RENM run, with an amani lancer doing their thing and the mystics were sitting back holding hands and dropping those little healing pyres
- the sh*tstorm that popped up when reapers first dropped
- making a lancer to capitalize on the (then) lack of tanks while also getting into RP
- going to a weekend RP event that had so many people the game lagged. Good times.
- logging into the game after work and the first thing I see is "Sage! Join our 5-man (REHM run)!"
- entering an internal beauty pageant when brawlers first dropped (I lost)
- getting the infinite Ultraplasm box from Golden Gifts that one year (~$200 well spent! :smiley: ). The folks that got the boxes were pretty happy too.
- killing the 2nd boss in SC and wiping at the same time (we were all extremely confused)
- having my (fem-elf) lancer be admired by so many lovely women of all races
- preventing 3 separate wipes as my priest in AI
- running a MCat as my lancer and having people from other servers beg me to join their guild
- doing an IMS run in TS after its absence and everyone (myself included) dying every 20secs. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
- doing a "soft" RP run in BRN with some newbies and acting as their "Commander". The others responded pretty well to it.
- running IoD and coming across a "young" elin who thought I looked just the coolest
- losing tank jewelry to an archer and everyone else getting mad at the archer
- getting a very generous school refund and deciding to "live the tryhard life" and get a crit 2.0 for all my toons (~$200 not well spent, lemme tell ya)
- taking a screen of the skywhale and forgetting that Steam's screenshot key was the same as the "mount/dismount" key
- seeing Spacecats try to get all dolled up like his valk and failing miserably (I don't care, I thought it was funny, especially when Spacecats was like "WTF?!" when it was all done)
- et al

I used to love this game. What the hell happened to it?
Flight suit offers more mobility tbh.. they're the easiest to get rank1 with

Agreed.

I have several different mounts across my toons and was able to test how each one handled. Dragon mounts and thrushes are a bit clunky due to their size, while bunnies and wolves seem more nimble since their not as large. That leaves the Mark 42 Iron Man suits flightsuits as the most optimal since the mount is directly tied to the character rather than being a separate model. Plus flightsuits feel friggin' awesome. :smile:

Regardless of the mount you decide to use, make sure to throw on some "Danger Zone" or some Scandinavian metal to make the experience more fun. :relaxed:
I'm just tired of the implications (and outright accusations from some players) that only the "real" players were the ones doing high-level end-game content, like unless you're running 4 runs (minimum) of AA a day you're not a real player. And to do that, you needed a proxy or whatever the hell the "cool kids" were doing that has them so up in arms.

Like, why do you care how I play the game? I may not have as much grounds to give input on specific subjects, sure (PvP? yeah, no), but some of the issues affect the casual player just as much as the hardcore one, like entry lockouts, dungeon difficulty, and reward scaling.
So, uh... what was the original theme of this thread again? It seems to have gotten lost in yet another irrelevant sh*tstorm.
Vinyltails wrote: »
Because they make money by selling more costumes

And, through artificial scarcity.

I still think they should add this option, though, but it'd require some real thought about the right price point (or else the whole cash shop pricing structure).

What's wrong with making it the same price as standard scrolls? It could like a catch-all item.

Or, if a separate item needs to be created and the price increased as such, how about between 1200-1500 EMP?
Equitas wrote: »
I just simply remind them of the truth. It has nothing to do with me being bothered or stressed by it.

And yet you point out how often they do not play the game as your go-to rebuttal against anything they have to say, to the point where it almost seems like you're waiting for them.

Okay.
ElinLove wrote: »
feminzii wrote: »
Aryd wrote: »
True, but that's how the game is designed, and has been since day 1. However, the "learning curve" of each player is different, regardless of the tools they use or don't use. There are still people who have never cleared Red Refuge Normal Mode. Should they just quit? Since we're not offering any help or support to them.
It's not designed that way. Like I said, in K-Tera they have to figure everything out themselves. They don't have full guides written out for them by patch day. As for the RRNM comparison, I don't understand what it is you're trying to say with it. When I don't know how to do a dungeon, I make a learning run, fill it with other people who don't know how to do the dungeon, and we figure it out together. I don't see what's stopping anyone else from doing that. No help or support is necessary. The people who cleared it the first day didn't have any help or support.
Aryd wrote: »
To build on my previous statement a little bit, dungeon guide provided by Proxy are no different than dungeon guides provided by EM, with the only exception being Proxy's dungeon guide is real-time in-game, and EM's is screenshots and somebody telling you what to do. You keep mentioning this so I'll note it, "not everyone is going to have it or know about it, or want to use it", the same could be said about written guides/advice from other players. Look, Proxy didn't tell you how to play your class, it didn't move your character from harm, it gave people who wanted to be better at the game a fair and fighting chance at doing so. That's just my opinion.
All I will say is that, to me, there is a clear difference between a written guide outside of the game and an in-game guide. One is definitely advantageous over the other.

You reminded me of when VS hit NA TERA, I got into a random learning run group on day 1. Heck it was awesome even tho servers were trash and we wiped over and over. We sucked, we knew it, but it was hella lot more fun than going there with the guideline handbook on your face. That kind of trial and guts spirit has to get more popular. If I was active enough (don't have time for it now...) I would probably do a guild named "No Homework" where we learn it by sucking and "git gud" in real time, figuring it out the hard way just for the fun of challenge and surprise.

For a brief moment, I ran what I called "Scrub Runs" (on CH to boot. imagine that!), wherein I and a guildmate or 2 took people unfamiliar with a dungeon and explicitly said before we ran it "We will not tell you anything. That is what the run itself is for. Play, make mistakes, learn from those mistakes."

It went pretty well for the short time it was a thing. :smile:
Equitas wrote: »
Christin wrote: »
He doesn't understand much, which is why EME is losing players. Their employees just don't get it.

Here's your regularly scheduled reminder: You did not, do not, and will not play this game. You don't have any say in who "doesn't understand" and "don't get" anything.

You know, if this bothers you that much, you could, like, put them on your Ignore list. "Out of sight, out of mind" and all that.

You're gonna mess around and get some sort of stress-induced illness if you keep this up.
Tydarius wrote: »
Tydarius wrote: »
Basically, these "hero of the people" devs show their true snake like colors and show how petty they truly are. Just like your typical haxor. Like insignificant petulant children, they throw tantrums and threaten to hold the actual player base hostage.

The thing I honestly do not understand is that people are constantly expressing concerns about accountability in case there was a security issue with Xigncode, and how they don't trust it to not be used for malicious purposes. And yet, people will install this stuff on their computer. Where is the accountability? If the developers get into a spat and decide to weaponize their software to "take EME down", or if they decide to "punish" those who stick with EME and try to keep using their tool (by, for example, mass deleting their characters, disbanding their guilds, and getting the accounts banned), who is going to be accountable? Why would these people, who try to come across as benevolent, admit to holding this much power -- even as a "joke" -- and think no one who installed their software will have any problem with random people on the internet having that much control, but then say they're so concerned about Xigncode distributed under license by EME with full U.S. consumer protections and accountability?

Besides that, there are people in the community who have now made actual material threats (not jokes) about disrupting EME's business operations via exploits and cyberattacks, and this is actually against the law -- it is a criminal offense. The people who have done this could literally find themselves arrested and charged and go to jail -- and I'm not even being facetious or exaggerating at all. That's what this has come to -- over this.

This whole weekend I have been trying to prepare a clear explanation of the positive benefits these tools brought people in the hopes that there will be a small chance BHS will finally listen. But people have taken it way too far now. This has gone far past being just a game now, and it has nothing to do with what consequences there may or may not be to EME and this game. I don't think that people realize how serious some of this stuff actually is; they just think it's all a fantasy and they can make real or implied threats that have no negative consequence to them. Even totally setting aside this game, for people's own well-being, I really urge them to just take a big step back off this ledge. This game isn't worth becoming a martyr for.

And your post, done in a rational and clear thinking way presents a much more sound case for this topic. If more posters like you chimed in, Im sure there would be more players willing to see that side.

However, what we got instead were angry kids yelling, stomping their feet, and threatening to commit ACTUAL CRIMES unless eme reverses its policies.

See, that I not only dont condone, but completely abhor. Which of course leads me and others like myself to say, good riddance to these scumbags.

The issue is that people like @counterpoint will provide some decent feedback that actually agrees with most other people, but then are accused of "white-knighting" because it doesn't directly call EME out on their shenanigans.

Sort of a "damned if you do" situation, really.
Solheim wrote: »
If you’re all referring to the comment caali made about inserting a script to sell gear/disband guilds and all that, that’s a fairly obvious joke.

Have you ever known anyone to make a serious statement followed by “:^)”?

I dunno. Our current president does that all the time (despite him, you know, being the f**king president), but if anyone calls him out on it then all of a sudden they're being paranoid, triggered, so on and so on.

But I digress.
JXG4WWHCMA wrote: »
Werid wrote: »
Optimize the game to make it better since merge my fps are 3 to 8 in mass pvp with graphics 0

you live in spain and you use a potato pc, you cant complain.

...

What?

If anything, that's an argument for more (or more stable) gateways. And, you know, making it so as many people can enjoy the game as possible.

I can play on Preset 5 normally (amazingly, I can't quite break preset 6), but let me go into Highwatch at the wrong time and everything goes right to sh*t.
Too bad none of these will be seen, especially now with the recent events.

Well, it was a toss up as to whether or not any of this would be seen regardless. This isn't the first time a topic like this has popped up and I'm sure it won't be the last (even with the latest rift forming before our eyes).
@Berogi
You know, I can agree with that. It never made sense that there was only about a 150g difference between RG and SC.

Now, of course, like someone else already said I wonder if loot scaling took a similar adjustment...
@Vinyltails
Mind relaying some numbers? I'm unable to check myself at the moment.
I have a question: it sounds like instead of buffing upper-level loot drops, they nerfed lower-level drops instead. Is that right?
Vinyltails wrote: »
We already have bunny, insects (horned beatles) and phoenix mounts. Ex trm is basically a mechanic spider

Dinosaurs don't really fit


Well, there are already dinosaur mounts in TERA: Sparky and Carmine.
Gatokatzen wrote: »
But if you capture elins they can be like little assitants. So a war with pora elinu is legit.
They also have petroleum under their base.

...

Not the response I was expecting. Carry on then.
@counterpoint
You ever heard of a little game called Warframe? It actually does a few of the things I mentioned in my original post, such as removing having to "roll" for mats and equipment. I've been playing that for almost a full year, and I still have yet to see anything resembling a bot. Warframe also has in-game means of getting various boosters to help accelerate or alleviate its leveling and gearing process. Meanwhile, here in TERA gold drops were nerfed several times to combat bots (remember the beginning of gem drops in GG?) with nil results and the boosters in this game are either rendered inert upon reaching a certain threshold (gold boosters) or are laughably underwhelming (item XP boosters).

And, "the more you grind, the more you win"? How's that any different than today (not to mention some people within EME actively encouraged non-stop grinding during certain events)? Even now, I'm sure there's a handful of people rolling AA at least 4 times a day versus the player who can only do 1 run maybe twice a week. Now imagine if reset scrolls were still like the old ones and didn't have shared CDs as such...

There would need to be a ton of testing and balancing (snicker) done in order for this to work, yes. And really, with who's helming this ship, I fully expect it to crash and burn several times if they tried to bring this to fruition.
Gatokatzen wrote: »
Lol, for me the most funny ones are the pora elinu royal guard, how a group of little kids can be bodyguards.

Please, please, please do not start that here.
Waitress wrote: »
Other than this weird calendar thing, I can't recall Tera giving out free permanent costumes anywhere near that often

This is just conjecture, but I think part of it is that every time EME does something like this, someone on the forums flips out about the market crashing. Look up this year's summer event about tokens being "nerfed" if you want the most recent s**tshow.
Since lootboxes are receiving increased scrutiny these days (aside: did you here about EA getting upset of Belgium's "interpretation" of Belgian law?), I say we finally do away with them entirely. Also remove "basic" versions of items - except mounts - since I have reason to believe that the people who prefer the basic version of an item over the premium is very small.

And for f**k's sake, don't charge upwards of 5k EMP for one, single item. That's f**king $50USD - even g**damn Activision Blizzard hasn't resorted to those kind of price hikes (...yet). Drop a bundle and/or make it account-bound if you want that much for it.
Yeah, that's something that's been in the game for several years.

But hey, elin brawler coming soon, so who cares, amirite?
Another thing: the armor sets. While I love a good battledress (aside: of all the female characters, it's elin who get the best platemail?!), a lot of the in-game armors make no g**damn sense. I get the devs wanted the girls to look sexy and all, but "armor" that exposes the midsection - where you definitely do not want an errant sword, axe, or claw to hit - and what is basically the chastity belt from Robin Hood: Men in Tights? Same for some of the men too, especially castanics.

If I have a character in heavy armor, I want them to look powerful, not be questioned as to where the nearest pole is on a regular basis. Was it really too much to make the armors looks roughly the same regardless of race?
I've love for darker skin tones and a "Physique" option myself, but like @Vinyltails said I don't think anything new is gonna be added to that for a long time.
SageWindu wrote: »
I have a few ideas. I'm going to avoid the obvious ones like removing that [filtered] of an anti-cheat system (how's that going by the way?!), optimizing the game so that it works better on current hardware, and overhauls to both the in- and out-of-game item shops. Instead, these are my ideas...

---

- Remove dungeon entry limits and cooldowns. Like, why are these a thing? I could see limiting entries to a resource (like when DS was first introduced and you needed those little tickets), but slapping an arbitrary cap on running stuff seems, well, arbitrary. Yes, this does mean that someone can just spend their whole day farming, say, GG or T1 BAMs at IoD, but I say let them. If that's how they want to enjoy the game, who are we to argue so long as they're enjoying themselves, right? (bites tongue really hard)

- Difficulty settings for all dungeons. Many old favorites are making a return and there are still many people who aren't keen on having to rely even in part on other people in order to experience those favorites. Back in June, I suggested creating a robust difficulty system so that players of all skill levels can potentially enjoy what the game has to offer. The player who just wants to learn the story can play the "easy" or "normal" difficulties and still comfortably clear while solo, while the big-d*ck min-max metagamers can party up and try not to get Dark Souls'd by the "nightmare" and "ultra-nightmare" difficulties. Tweak the mat distribution and reward scaling a bit and there it is. :smile:

- Remove dice-rolling and bind-on-pickup for item drops. We've all been in party where a player who has no f**king idea how a rare item works (or spent most of the run dead) somehow wins the roll for it. Take this out and make it so that either the item goes to everyone in the party regardless of who grabs it or everyone is able to get their own "copy" of the item so long as they go and grab it. Yes, this means that scrub that bought all their gear (and is somehow dead long after the run ended) also gets a rare item, but it also means that the run doesn't end up feeling like a waste because they managed to roll a 2 when you rolled a 1. Removing the bind-on-pickup allows the people who like to run dungeons non-stop have an alternate source of revenue as they can sell whatever they don't need. Want to do double-duty and RP as an adventurer and curator of rare, enchanted items (remember those guys?)? There you go - you get to plant your foot firmly between the lungs and colon of, say, Dakuryon and get a little "something something" extra for your troubles and the buyer gets their hands on some awesome loot that helps make them look cool (or be more powerful if they're into that sort of thing). :sunglasses:

---

That's just my own little slice of paradise. Pipe dreams, I know, but we live in hope after all.

Disapproval: Are you serious? "T*rd" is censored?! TERA is an M-rated game for f**k's sake!

I would love to see everyone get the same drop from dungeons. it sux that only one person gets something good and all. I hated that you spend 30 or more minutes running a dungeon only for it to be a waste of time and effort cause someone else gets the drops and you don't get anything and then used up all your entries. I remember one of the guild members that I ran with years ago, grabbed the drop I needed, and it wasn't tradable , and I told him before hand I needed it since he was already geared up. so yeah, I would love to see everyone get all the drops, and I also like the idea of having unlimited entries.

You remember tank jewelry, right? My lancer was in desperate need of it (mind, this was before all the buffs) and it was a b*tch to get thanks to losing to an archer - and it was always an archer for some reason - on 3 separate occasions. Oh, and, of course, that was if the jewelry dropped in the first place.

On a similar vein, I'm still looking for that Ambit greatsword drop from BRN. Yes, I'm still as salty as a pack of instant ramen over it.
Yeah, the higher certain stats become, the more rigid your build path gets. Like @Digivolve said, pretty much everyone needs Energetic in order to keep their damage uptimes consistent. Warrior, the supports, and maybe archer are the only classes that have any sort of malleability.
Equitas wrote: »
You're not playing 20 characters. It's just not happening. We don't need to increase the cap just for the sake of increasing, so people can have even more characters they won't play.

Do you have first-hand knowledge of their playing habits? If not, I don't think you should be speaking for them.

Why do you and that "aren't even sc" person care anyway? How they choose to play and enjoy the game has no bearing on how you choose to play and enjoy the game.
JXG4WWHCMA wrote: »
i bet you arent even sc stfu

And that matters why?
I have a few ideas :

- Remove dungeon entry limits and cooldowns. Like, why are these a thing? I could see limiting entries to a resource (like when DS was first introduced and you needed those little tickets), but slapping an arbitrary cap on running stuff seems, well, arbitrary. Yes, this does mean that someone can just spend their whole day farming, say, GG or T1 BAMs at IoD, but I say let them. If that's how they want to enjoy the game, who are we to argue so long as they're enjoying themselves, right? (bites tongue really hard)

- Difficulty settings for all dungeons. Many old favorites are making a return and there are still many people who aren't keen on having to rely even in part on other people in order to experience those favorites. Back in June, I suggested creating a robust difficulty system so that players of all skill levels can potentially enjoy what the game has to offer. The player who just wants to learn the story can play the "easy" or "normal" difficulties and still comfortably clear while solo, while the big-d*ck min-max metagamers can party up and try not to get Dark Souls'd by the "nightmare" and "ultra-nightmare" difficulties. Tweak the mat distribution and reward scaling a bit and there it is. :smile:

- Remove dice-rolling and bind-on-pickup for item drops. We've all been in party where a player who has no f**king idea how a rare item works (or spent most of the run dead) somehow wins the roll for it. Take this out and make it so that either the item goes to everyone in the party regardless of who grabs it or everyone is able to get their own "copy" of the item so long as they go and grab it. Yes, this means that scrub that bought all their gear (and is somehow dead long after the run ended) also gets a rare item, but it also means that the run doesn't end up feeling like a waste because they managed to roll a 2 when you rolled a 1. Removing the bind-on-pickup allows the people who like to run dungeons non-stop have an alternate source of revenue as they can sell whatever they don't need. Want to do double-duty and RP as an adventurer and curator of rare, enchanted items (remember those guys?)? There you go - you get to plant your foot firmly between the lungs and colon of, say, Dakuryon and get a little "something something" extra for your troubles and the buyer gets their hands on some awesome loot that helps make them look cool (or be more powerful if they're into that sort of thing). :sunglasses:

That's just my own little slice of paradise. Pipe dreams, I know, but we live in hope after all.
Aesthetics are a major factor in people choosing what race they want to play as, not to mention marketing. Castanics and elin are advertised the most so you see a lot of them on basis of exposure alone ("Oh wow, they look so cool/cute!"). There's a healthy amount of amani men wandering about, but amani women are making a slow resurgence despite many people finding their design... inconsistent (the men are more reptilian, while the women look more... human, I guess? and, of course, the "elephant feet").

It is what it is. Whether or not amani are actually getting neglected is up for debate, but there's no denying that BHS love their castanics, and the S.Korean playerbase - their main market - love elin. Not much the rest of us can do about it outside of try to relay the disapproval (for want of a better term) to BHS directly.
spung wrote: »
@SageWindu

I know exactly what they want... they want to be showered with talents worth 5g a pop then upgrade instantly and call it a day. They live in their own bubble thinking the economy revolves around them and nobody besides them can farm the same amount or even quad triple what they can earn along side with the amount of gold being injected into the game. The economy is already shyte as it and some just want to make it worst.

Have fun in a year when everything becomes 1000% more expensive.

I'd love to know how you got that out of "I just want to farm talents and upgrade my gear. Buying my gear off the broker is not a path I want to take."
Ellexem wrote: »
I don't know if there is just some lag (or server doing whatever it wants) when whatever script executes hits or if they need to do them literally individually by hand.

My understanding is that, when the merchant contents get reverted by a patch for some reason (as happened during the merger), they have to manually re-add them by hand to each server.

This is why EME should test new updates before releasing them to the masses. That's bare-minimum IT knowledge.

If nothing else, it'll cut down on the "The Coupon Store/Dressing Room sucks. Fix it." posts.
So, two things here...
spung wrote: »
Melyodis wrote: »
no i don't want to buy shyte from no one, I want to able to farm silver talents myself to upgrade my jewels. what you want to make the game into now, a farm gold to win play style or buy gold with really money and boom bis gear that's not for me. that for those with deep pockets.

Woe is me ! Boo hoo hoo, I will die by next week if I cannot upgrade my earning. And I refuse to pay nobody for the price of the upgrade.

That's not what they said. They're saying they want to be able to farm what they need at their own, comfortable pace. The current drops - or lack thereof - of certain common items makes that more difficult than it should be.

Also "I refuse to pay nobody"? You may want to double-check the syntax of that last statement.
spung wrote: »
BiS is meant to last for the whole longevity of the game NOT by end patch. You brats just got spoiled by the endless BS done by BHS.

Cry me a river please.

You haven't played many games with updated item pools, have you? New stuff comes out, turns out it augments your character better than the old/current stuff, you upgrade accordingly if you want to maximize your character's stats and/or abilities (e.g. when T4 etchings became a thing). Lack of change leads to stagnation, which makes players bored, which means they leave and go play other games.

And then you won't have anyone left to buy anything you're selling.
KXRC9JMW74 wrote: »
This tread was started because there were too many people farming BAMs on IoD now you want to have groups running around there killing every solo persons BAMs. A bunch of Idiots stealing kills from every one there. GREAT IDEA

That's why you have people, you know, rotate in and out of the parties, like what happened when "That Ain't Right!" was the go-to Vanguard quest back when that was a thing. Not a perfect solution (there would sometimes be a single numpty who would hop between the mobs and mess things up for everyone, including themselves), but it worked well enough.

This community is in shambles, no argument there (see the post about competing for BAM kills). But the number of self-centered jackholes deliberately looking to ruin someone else's fun for their own jollies isn't as great as you (or I, for that matter) like to think it is. Let people party up and contribute, everyone gets done faster, more people get done sooner, more people are playing the game again, and there's a chance the community takes small but important steps to mending itself ("Hey, I met these guys while hunting on IoD and they helped me do XYZ!").

Again, not a perfect solution, but I think it would work.
SageWindu wrote: »
As far as the "altoholics"(sp?) are concerned, again, it seems like it would be no different than the TAR days - see if there's an open party, join, kill, get loot, drop party, swap characters, see if there's an open party, and so on. It worked then and I would argue that the rewards were worse. I don't see why it wouldn't work now.

They never saw TAR as something that "worked." To them, it was a sort of exploit that people did this, and that's why they promptly nerfed it. The way they built the IoD BAMs was basically to avoid the TAR problem, and make it so that it remained "solo content" in their view. So, I can't imagine that they will turn around on this.

Of course people took advantage of it. That's what happens when you don't think things through until after the fact and also underestimate your playerbase (there are too many examples to list here). The only real difference is that TERA is one of those games where the devs reject you for trying to maximize the efficiency of the mechanics they put in place (while simultaneously appearing to punish you for not doing so, if class balance is any indication).

If BHS (and to a lesser extent EME) want to further enhance solo play, there are other, possibly better ways to do it. Update the Ace Dungeons either with new challenges or new items. Use Echoes as alternate ways of gaining, say, glyphs or tokens. Make the Arena a survival gauntlet instead of a timed one with escalating rewards the longer you last. Bring back solo runs for dungeons and actually have them advance the narrative. The possibilities are endless, and I'm haven't even gotten to the real meat and potatoes of reward scaling.

From what I can tell with these forums, people want to farm and people want to team up to do so (if only to accelerate said farming), but BHS pretty much rebuffs every attempt to do so in an effective manner. Other games embrace either the farming itself (like Warframe, wherein the game outright tells you exactly what can drop where and from who) or ways of doing so more effectively (like Path of Exile, wherein you can alter "maps" to have increased monster spawn thus giving you the chance to acquire more loot). Oh, and those games don't have limits on how much you do said farming, if, you know, that's how you roll ("Ooh, Elite means I can run my favorite dungeon twice now! Yippee!").

People aren't asking for too much here. Is wanting to team up and kill giant monsters really too much to ask?
You want people to run dungeons during a double vanguard drop event that majority runs for golden talent? No one wanted a server merge so dungeons would pop.

Actually, yeah they did. A major point of contention for the merge was that people felt it was waiting too long to fill parties and queues for dungeon runs (while not taking into account why people weren't around in the first place, but I digress).
@counterpoint

I, too, don't understand your argument. This seems like a similar course of action to the old TAR days, where people would cycle in and out of parties on a regular basis. With a party sharing kills as opposed to them going in some arbitrary sequence, people can get what they need far faster than going solo (especially for the support classes who haven't gotten to/done the Apex questline yet). I fail to see how "the rewards are too great" is enough to not justify being able to party and tackle the various monstrosities monkeying about in the IoD.

As far as the "altoholics"(sp?) are concerned, again, it seems like it would be no different than the TAR days - see if there's an open party, join, kill, get loot, drop party, swap characters, see if there's an open party, and so on. It worked then and I would argue that the rewards were worse. I don't see why it wouldn't work now.

Or are you saying that those of us with a million alts suddenly are at too much of an advantage when it comes to farming?
EnviroBear wrote: »
Just pick a channel and go in for the kills. If you kill it faster the credit is yours.... No such thing as "occupied" for any farming space and the BAMs are free for all so just help yourself.

Actually, that's incorrect. The kill goes to whoever hits it first, not who kills it faster. So that player in Guardian gear struggling against the basilisk you just one-shotted? You actually did them a favor.
EnviroBear wrote: »
Hate me because I can farm golden talents a lot faster every day? Sure. Or you could stop hating and start thinking how to kill BAMs faster or potentially compete farming space with others. Try slaying for example.

Also, competing for a chance to, you know, play the game? I just want to be able to get to the same point you're at and you want to fight me for it? You're already at that point; why try to deny me the chance to do the same when you literally have nothing to gain from it? Is that how you get your kicks or something?
Yeah, I remember some of those things. And there are very few of those things I actually miss.

Old leveling sequences? Not being able to solo almost anything? Temple of Temerity? Yeah, f**k all that (to use a technical term).
So yet another event that encourages you to use multiple characters penalizes you for using multiple characters.

Sheesh. This is that nonsense with GF tokens all over again.
I would chalk this up to yet another item that would work better if the enchanting system itself had some tweaks to it.

Why do I say that, some of you may be wondering? Because there's already d**k-kicking RNG to deal with in the first place. This item would work better if there wasn't any randomness associated with crafting and upgrading/enchanting.

So the end result would instead be either a) you grind out the materials and money like normal and upgrade/enchant the old fashion way or b) use this item that completely eliminates the cost of upgrading and enchanting but with a 50% chance of downgrading should it fail. The people with little to nothing to lose (or have a hilariously disposable income) can try out the new item while the people who'd rather not press their luck get to move on as normal. Everyone's happy.

Also, I'm with @Equitas - please make sure you have all your facts together first, if only to avoid yet another mass panic. These forums are jumpy enough as it is.
Gatokatzen wrote: »
1) Go to mid tier and high tier bams on lsland of dawn
2)follow the hardcore grinder while kill bams.
3) pick all coupons for free you can get tons per day

That's potentially slower than just killing the BAMs yourself. There's a "cooldown" period before an item drop becomes FFA.
Nyanta1177 wrote: »
Ketoth wrote: »
Talent exp is farmed by completing vanguards.

There seens to exist a daily character cap on how much exp you can get per day (couldnt test if is acc, since only1 char)

If the cap is per character the best way to farm will be good old iod vanguard spam in multiple alts


Talents can be earned by just killing most bams, vanguards, guardian missions, dungeons (not counting the vanguard quest)

I say TERA's XP system needs to be reworked in order to mitigate some of the grind. Make it so that you accrue XP by the kill (like how it is with leveling) rather than by the quest. This would also make item XP easier to manage as well.
so kids dont play this game..

Well, duh. It's rated M for "Mature". :wink:
31, going to be 32 in 6 weeks.

Also, I like rap music, thinks Sailor Moon S1 is the best season, and am f**king tired of those foxes eating my oranges in Viva Pinata.
GomerPyle wrote: »
I tried to return to the game today only to find all of my characters on a pvp server, and i can't enter until I delete some of them. I can't delete some of them because they have items in the brokerage.

Server merges are precursors to the death of a game, so whatever, I'm out - take your perverse obsession with Elins and stick it where the sun don't shine.

So you're lashing out against elin players instead of the people clamoring for a server merge and those that brought it to fruition.

Okay.
The gold increased was because of event (50% more).

I didn't even realize this was temporary cause I hadn't been doing them before. Are there still gold quest turn in boosts that would work on these?

Boosters don't work on Vanguards. Never did, in fact.
I do agree on one thing: you can't log into the game proper at all until you have your characters under the threshold? Why not just make it so you can't make any new characters?

Observation: I'm pretty sure this came up a few times during the initial brouhaha, now that I think about it.
If you want to be completely self-sufficient, then you'll want a master in every profession.

Addendum: That way whatever you need you can make yourself and sell/donate the excess (if you're into that sort of thing).
Cjar wrote: »
I really enjoyed playing Tera, and will probably always keep up to date on information; but as someone who's played since before the steam launch... There honestly isn't a whole lot around for me to do anymore.

What, you're not a fan of the mindless dungeon grind for a meager 5% chance at that +1 enchantment?

/s
What I can't figure out is why the costumes are race specific to begin with. Why can't they be like armor where any race can use it if applicable? It would be a win/win because then race changers will sell again, and they don't have to waste time and effort exchanging costumes.

Because most of the cash shop outfits are designed to replace the model rather than cover it. That's why some outfits change fem-ani feet and some don't. Same for castanics and their markings.
Because "lol S.Korea", that's why.
So you (or she, I guess) are saying either we use them now, or we lose them forever?

If so, rubbish.
Waitress wrote: »
Realistically, is it wise to continue spending?
If you want the game to stay up, then yes. If you're fine with it closing in the next year, then no.
It is also not guaranteed that your spending will really help all that much either as Tera has little to no advertising, not much to look forward to in the future, and has seemingly no plans to upgrade engines or do anything that will change a lot of the games problems. There's nothing pulling new people in. They've exhausted making new classes at this point and the console release flopped miserably too.

It also doesn't help that there are more than a few videos trying to answer if TERA is still worth playing in 2018 - many of them literally start with "Is TERA Worth Playing in (insert year here)?". The common response tends to start with "Ehh, well..."

Also, we both know how foolhardy reckless spending is. We drop money on an ailing product, BHS may become that much more emboldened to not fix any of the more pressing issues (really, they have time and resources to make a g*ddamn elin brawler but not fix the scarf and cape glitch that's been around for f**king YEARS?!). But then we boycott spending anything and now both BHS and EME have some grounds to say "We don't have the money to fix anything!" (BHS less so with PUBG, but that's another subject).

Quite the catch-22 there.
> @9YKAR5PDWF said:
> They should probably do something similar to EU.
>
> Golden Plates drop in SSHM, Golden Darics drop in SSNM + You get Elleons mark of valor everywhere (50 for sshm/AAHM/RKHM/RMHM, 20 for easier dungeons)
>
> 100 Marks = 150 Golden Talents, 5 Goldfinger Tokens + Random loot

Do those drops suffer the same RNG shenanigans like most everything else in the game? That is, it's a toss up who gets the darics/plates if they drop?

Aside: Jesus, this TextEX formatting sucks big portions of a**.
If the past few weeks (this thread included) aren't a case that demonstrates why people want an item that unbinds cosmetics, I don't know what is.
Warframe gets by just fine without a 3rd dedicated support class - hell, you can make the argument that Oberon (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Oberon) isn't even a "dedicated" support frame (though he is the only frame that can cleanse, so there's that). Then again, Warframe's combat system benefits from character abilities being completely independent and can thus be specced so that a player doesn't have to use outside weapons at all (frames with "Exalted" weapons such as Excalibur, Mesa, and Valkyr immediately come to mind, as well as those with heavy ability damage such as Mag and Saryn).

That being said, why not make it so that more classes have more utility skills? One major difference between the average player and the above-average player is knowing what skill to use when, right? Hire some top players/have some polls, see how who does what and test it out accordingly, and replace the unpopular skills where needed (any warrior mains miss Mangle at all?). Failing that, just a few tooltips during the loading screens (man, those were the days) would do wonders, such as:
> "Want to attack at blinding speeds? Time the lancer's Adrenaline Rush with the warrior's Traverse Cut and throw those hands!"
You know, like that.

So...no, I don't think we need another dedicated support class. Hell, I remember doing a dungeon through the IMS and the priest was upset that we were NOT acting like a bunch of scrubs. Good times. :smile:

Observation: So forum formatting is preserved across devices. Good to know, I guess.
I prefer this honestly, it means people need to spam IOD and learn how to play their classes before coming to 439 dungeons and expecting to get carried.

IoD doesn't teach positioning. Or rotations. Or resource management. Or how to play with others. And so on.

I suppose it does teach a person how to fight against specific bosses to a degree... that then never show up except in, like, 2 end-game dungeons (actually, only one since FI is still not a thing).
Catservant wrote: »
How do you find out how much play time your competitor has? Or is it just wait and see?

Activate the time setting in the Options, then hover over it once it's on-screen. It'll show things like current ping and time logged in, and other little tidbits like creation date and "age" in days, hours and minutes.

Note that this is per character. If you're looking for overall hours logged I don't know how (or if) you can look that up.

Observation: Oops. I misread the statement. Disregard.
@ElinLove

-currently working for Arctic Slope Technical Services, a subdivision of NASA- Wait, you're saying that there are people who poured who knows how much time and money - real or otherwise - into making a character in a game unique and "their own" and are worried that character may lose its individuality in the upcoming merge? Oh, perish the thought!

@Xerses

Yes, names. You know, those things that help define and set you apart from other people? I'm pretty sure there was a reason why you picked your username just like I have a reason that I picked mine (spoilers: it involves Star Wars). Insignificant it may be you or anyone else who disagrees with the argument, but people don't want their characters to lose their uniqueness, even if the player therein doesn't really do anything with it (like, say, RPing).

Also, maybe the people worrying about character names already had done something else productive and are bringing this up because they literally have nothing else to do? Did you think of that, smarty-pants?

(Got'em.)
voidy wrote: »
LordXenon wrote: »
It doesn't matter if their numbers are better because 1. Their wins/losses weren't earned in that server to begin with. 2. Their numbers were earned in another server where more people were available to participate and boost said numbers. 3. They weren't winning in their own server, so they transferred to a dead server. 4. They shouldn't have kept their numbers to begin with, but because it's poorly programmed, their results are injected and they get placed. It's an exploit, pure and simple. EME has gone on record saying doing so is a bannable offense. So they might win by technical foul for now, but they'll just end up banned and you'll just look like a troll and an idiot for supporting it.

I like how this is actually turning into a debate when the people in charge of the game came out on Twitch and said to report people for doing it. I guess that's what happens when rules don't get enforced.

I've noticed that's become a common trend the last year or so.

> player breaks rule(s)
> other player calls out player who broke rule(s)
> other player calls out the player that was was calling out the player that broke rule(s)

Like, really? People are breaking the rules and making the game less fun for everyone and people are upset about other people getting reported for breaking the rules? How does that work?!
Khernz wrote: »
SageWindu wrote: »
Khernz wrote: »
SageWindu wrote: »
Khernz wrote: »
SageWindu wrote: »
Khernz wrote: »
SageWindu wrote: »
Khernz wrote: »
I find it hilarious you say they don't "deserve" ranks when they beat the previous mediocre score to get it. The only people that don't "deserve" anything are the horrible players getting placed in top ranks solely on the fact that they started on dead servers. Get off your complacent mediocre asses and strive for a score that can't be beaten on a whim, THEN maybe you deserve anything from the leaderboard. All I hear from people crying about leaderboard sniping are tears of complacent mediocre players.

So, wait a minute - it's my fault that someone else went out of their way to transfer servers and usurp a ranking I achieved through my own work and diligence, internal server population be damned? Like I think @voidy said in another thread, people were transferring over to underpopulated servers specifically because they didn't have the chops to compete in their own servers. But you have nothing to say about that? Really?

If your score is mediocre and can be beat by mediocre players from other servers that are objectively better in the context of the new server, then what is there to cry about. You lost. If your score is [filtered] and can be beat, then it's up for grabs by whoever decides to go through the effort to beat it. To say that only native mediocre players deserve the ranks is a joke. The players transferring that beat those scores deserve it just as much as the ones before and are open to getting beat by better players just the same.

So you're fine with people transferring over to other servers specifically for the purpose of sniping ranks - which, by the way, they obviously couldn't achieve on their own servers otherwise they wouldn't be doing it - but you take umbrage with the people who had their ranks sniped, again by the people who couldn't make the cut on their own servers?

That is madness, and I absolutely cannot wait to hear you justify this.

What's the difference between bad players on dead servers and slightly less bad players from competitive servers being on the dead server. Nothing. Both don't deserve any ranks objectively, but relatively speaking, the better player deserves the higher rank. And if both are on the same server regardless of their intent, better player wins.

Ask and I shall receive.

There is a difference, actually. It's that the player from the populated server went out of their way to abuse an account feature to make themselves look better.

The people who stayed on the underpopulated servers did nothing wrong except play the game at a slower pace, and you're saying they're trash because of something they couldn't control nor prevent? Again, you seem to have no problem with the players who are abusing system mechanics for their own wanton gains, but you're upset at the people calling out those players who are abusing system mechanics for their own wanton gains. Do you really not see the issue there?

I hate to say things like this on a public forum, but attitudes like yours are why the community is as fractured as it is.

They lost. Their score was [filtered] so it was beat. I have nothing against people being bad. But don't come crying for rewards when you didn't put in enough effort and got beaten by better players.

So if I abuse a feature that somehow allows me to "beat" whatever rank you have despite technically not working for it, you wouldn't have a problem with that?

Yea I'm sure you and the lot here would love to attribute your losses to illegitimate means and compare transferring then beating the score with an actual exploit.

Not work for it? Explain 1 example where the person in question got their ranks thanks to NOT getting the highest rating or fastest clear time.

...Huh?

You know what? Never mind. I'm done with this topic, and your latest string of words was so confusing I'm legit at a loss for words. Good luck, and may the Force be with you.
Khernz wrote: »
SageWindu wrote: »
Khernz wrote: »
SageWindu wrote: »
Khernz wrote: »
SageWindu wrote: »
Khernz wrote: »
I find it hilarious you say they don't "deserve" ranks when they beat the previous mediocre score to get it. The only people that don't "deserve" anything are the horrible players getting placed in top ranks solely on the fact that they started on dead servers. Get off your complacent mediocre asses and strive for a score that can't be beaten on a whim, THEN maybe you deserve anything from the leaderboard. All I hear from people crying about leaderboard sniping are tears of complacent mediocre players.

So, wait a minute - it's my fault that someone else went out of their way to transfer servers and usurp a ranking I achieved through my own work and diligence, internal server population be damned? Like I think @voidy said in another thread, people were transferring over to underpopulated servers specifically because they didn't have the chops to compete in their own servers. But you have nothing to say about that? Really?

If your score is mediocre and can be beat by mediocre players from other servers that are objectively better in the context of the new server, then what is there to cry about. You lost. If your score is [filtered] and can be beat, then it's up for grabs by whoever decides to go through the effort to beat it. To say that only native mediocre players deserve the ranks is a joke. The players transferring that beat those scores deserve it just as much as the ones before and are open to getting beat by better players just the same.

So you're fine with people transferring over to other servers specifically for the purpose of sniping ranks - which, by the way, they obviously couldn't achieve on their own servers otherwise they wouldn't be doing it - but you take umbrage with the people who had their ranks sniped, again by the people who couldn't make the cut on their own servers?

That is madness, and I absolutely cannot wait to hear you justify this.

What's the difference between bad players on dead servers and slightly less bad players from competitive servers being on the dead server. Nothing. Both don't deserve any ranks objectively, but relatively speaking, the better player deserves the higher rank. And if both are on the same server regardless of their intent, better player wins.

Ask and I shall receive.

There is a difference, actually. It's that the player from the populated server went out of their way to abuse an account feature to make themselves look better.

The people who stayed on the underpopulated servers did nothing wrong except play the game at a slower pace, and you're saying they're trash because of something they couldn't control nor prevent? Again, you seem to have no problem with the players who are abusing system mechanics for their own wanton gains, but you're upset at the people calling out those players who are abusing system mechanics for their own wanton gains. Do you really not see the issue there?

I hate to say things like this on a public forum, but attitudes like yours are why the community is as fractured as it is.

They lost. Their score was [filtered] so it was beat. I have nothing against people being bad. But don't come crying for rewards when you didn't put in enough effort and got beaten by better players.

So if I abuse a feature that somehow allows me to "beat" whatever rank you have despite technically not working for it, you wouldn't have a problem with that?
ZingoPingo wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
.
YUMEKA wrote: »
Again, why are you all fighting each other when it is clearly EME's fault
It is like feeder towers on CU getting ranked, even if that guild had 0 kills, 0 towers, even no deaths because they had 0 players doing CU but as those towers lived more time that towers from legit guilds trying to rank they end up stealing ranks.

I even remember someone saying on another person post about that with a reply like "survival of the fitest" or something like that, meaning that they are ok with the exploits because those exploits favors them in some way. I wonder if those people think a like in this matter.
Only post I'm gonna say about this because you're obsessed with that "survival of the fittest" quote. (second or third time this year you've brought it up)

Comparing a fod tower winning CU because it got lucky versus someone actively exploiting server transfers against what the GM literally said on stream NOT TO DO, has no relation.

Erm, they're pointing out the hypocrisy of the statement, not agreeing with it.
correct
SO what I noticed with a particular piece of gear on a toon.
It's +0 SC with 58k xp. It's not red.
But my other pieces have 64k and the xp is red meaning I cannot gain anymore xp on them until I enchant to lower this to a "unknown" amount atm cause we have no idea what the min-max is.
But I like to save my xp until I have enough for like +7 and then enchant. What this patch did was stop that.
Meaning that if you reach a point where you cannot enchant for awhile, you're gonna get screwed on xp cause you'll cap...........

f7687fd05437f3f95694b6b7b10b4af8.png

Welp, upgrading my priest just got a lot more difficult. Great.
You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.