TERA Online forum archive
Posts by Partyblast
I do like how events aren't having any official posting on the first two sources of information Tera players would look at when not online: Forums and EmE's Tera page.
Dvsv wrote: »
Nice, now they can make gunner/ninja/sorc/archer/whatever deal 100% more damage than zerker (already stupid and game breaking broken) and the dps gap will stay at 200% between top and low tier so that everyone reroll again ;)
That's the sole purpose of a game that lack real content since idk 2013-2014?
BHS rly think Tera's playerbase are idiots.
P.S: Iirc NOBODY asked for this awakened bs on NA/EU.

Yea, damage gap isn't going to be that big but nice over-exaggeration. Also in order to change up builds or add skills of course balance is going to be adjusted, BHS took that opportunity to change up the FoTM class order since perfect balance is near impossible and it brings some more cash their way as people reroll since they have to be the best. Tera isn't the only game to experience this and BHS isn't the only developer that uses this tactic.

No class balances are not the sole reason this game lacks content, it at least however does change some things up since content is slow enough as is.

P.S iirc NOBODY needs to ask for game changes from the NA/EU region because it's developed in Korea, and anyways things we ask for (such as the talent system or an alternative to it like changing the HP/Endurance of dungeons brought over) are often ignored, as are most of our bug reports.

On Topic: I'm eager to see the new skills, I basically have every class so I'll enjoy being able to experience all the new awakenings. Also a big lul to those few who kept trying to instill paranoia and fear into people that the second half of awakening is never going to be released, BHS may have issues but they're not stupid enough to create progression for half the classes and ignore the rest.
Norafin wrote: »
You can instantly cancel it on yourself by pressing the button twice. Happens to me when I think it didn't go off, press again and then I get the animation but no buff.

This, if you shut it off and you're not benefiting from the enhanced attack skills, you're also not benefiting from the crit/power buff.
Our opinion doesn't matter, BHS is gonna keep giving Mystics our Priest skills and leave us lying around being in general a poorer choice, especially in min/max situations.
Infinitee wrote: »
just use normal nocts if you have to, they are almost as good. yeah, that "50% effect increase" seems nice but all it's really doing is turning a 6% skill dmg boost into a 9%.

Blue Noct provides that skill bonus to every skill, regular noctenium only activates the enhanced modifers on certain skills.
Saabi wrote: »
This problem is gonna be even more infuriating when DSU comes out. Can't wait to run into the problem of my party running out of blue nocs and not being able to clear DSU ESPECIALLY when we are missing other things that increase dps that KOREA has. But whatever...
<LFG> DSU SLAYING ONLY FULL +9 SKILLED (blue noc only!)

I understand the joke, but GL slaying CDS due to the bleed debuff, also HV only or get outta here.

Also CDS is already going to be hell on our region since we don't benefit from talents at all (KTera does and it still took them 2-ish months to just get one group to clear floor 10) and have no special consumables, also EmE probably won't even consider adding the Velik's Little Helper (which is just a basic talent compensation, doesn't even cover the skill bonuses) until a few months in because "content needs to be challenging". The least that can be done is having noctenium (and other consumables) readily available while running endgame content, something that EmE continues to ignore with all their "events".
Meant to be more challenging than every other region because memes.......
Equitas wrote: »
Those "30 second" times were from before the patch. The difficulty you're facing could be from a number of things. Are you attacking from the rear, or at least as often as you're able? Do you have the proper crystal setup? Was Gunner damage nerfed in this update? Was boss health buffed? Patch notes have been known to be incomplete, so something may have changed that wasn't announced.

They're not since all rankings are this patch only, I've hit that time just fine.
Meningitis wrote: »
The least En Masse could do is answer some questions in this massive thread full of concerns. Make an appearance. Show that you care about your customers. Make good on your promise to be transparent and honest with the community. Please tell us what good Xigncode3 will actually do for the game when there's already methods that render it pointless.

Unfortunately EmE has proven they lack the ability to properly communicate and perhaps don't even completely understand what they're even trying to actively prevent. They've had plenty of opportunities to work with the general community, as well as the modding, meter and proxy community, but have refused and just released a blanket statement and ignored everything else.

Now both BHS and EmE have decided to continue to implement a performance harming and near completely useless thing onto an already injured and poor performance game, and most likely would've done so without notification had there not been a leak or anyone actively looking at incoming patches.

I had actually been looking forward to this patch, even if it only lasted a month like most patches due to how interesting I find AAHM, but now I'm most likely not going to even bother opening the game, which also means not re-applying my elite.

I actually feel really bad for the set of players who don't pay attention to forums and aren't a part of the modding community since they won't be informed and won't have a way to prevent themselves from being harmed by this.
To save yourself the trouble, go to Essential Mana and look at the KR patch notes.

EmE will somehow awfully screw something up per usual.
Verdas was just removed with the last maint (yes I realize the original post was before) and the Amani Horn will apparently be allowed to be dropped next patch as it was also a common complaint in KTera when RR released.

I still don't understand why BHS forces items to be locked in your inventory when they aren't claimed after the quest ends, or after the content is removed (see: the letter you got for Demon's Wheel that still couldn't be dropped after DW was phased out).
This was already patched in Korea and will come to us when AA releases, for some reason BHS never patched this bug for the build and just left it in so yay us.
DWDE6GFGWH wrote: »
flarecde wrote: »
They made a comment a couple days ago, the answer was no.
https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/22500/any-no-talent-system-for-na-eu/p4

Opening new threads probably won't change the answer. It just makes more locked threads.

And if you actually read, the answer from him was a no on the talent system. We are trying to get compensations, not the buggy talent system.

EmE won't read the alternatives people are suggesting, which includes a fix already looked into by Gameforge, they'd rather just state the same answer of "there are no plans to bring the talent system over" instead of actually communicating.

But yea incoming thread lock like everything else.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
tisnotme wrote: »
can you find a online game the same as tera with out the ping for OP ? as this is currently the game they seem to be wanting to play
and at no time did I see in their comment a complaint about the games ping ! merely a comment about how their mounts were acting as of late and feeling it might be a bug

You can read the post I quoted, first sentence before the coma, and the next sentence after the dot.

And If have to add more I don't think the mount issue is because the OP has high ping, because I have more than 10ms ping ᵃⁿᵈ no ᵗᵃˡᵉⁿᵗˢ (as the other user wrote in his post) like anyone else at NA servers (actually these last month I have been playing at +150ms) and I don't have any issues with any mounts or elite mount.

Except with Turbo Time which was enabled for today having high ping (200+) will cause this exact issue due to the low CD of the mount, not saying this is the OP's issue but it is an issue. It also doesn't always occur, and it certainly won't happen without Turbo Time since the CD goes back to normal.

OP if it is your ping and related to this event it should be fixed soon (whenever Turbo Time shuts off), if it still continues after the event ends then it is an actual problem and you should submit a ticket.
L3KAAEYFKH wrote: »
don't want anything from the censored console cash grab ported over to PC at all...

Can you stop spamming this, kthx. PC has all the censored elin outfits and have had them for years, it was all censored since the mentality of the american region was different from the asian regions back then (maybe even still now).
I believe in the stream the partnership was mentioned to be happening around their Anniversary, so we probably won't get news until later this month/closer to May.
The other half of Awakening is at least coming, honestly if you're fine with being not FoTM right now (aka not warrior/valk/zerk) then you're fine being a non-awakened DPS after patch. Dungeon balance without talents is the real issue, and due to power creep every region that doesn't act WILL suffer majorly since content will become near impossible after some time due to the damage gap, Cruel Dreadspire is already pushing that limit and I don't see it going well for us.
Dvsv wrote: »
ElinLove wrote: »
hmmm... Wasn't TERA LITERALLY dying back on the last days of paid subscription, before adding some cash shop stuff?
^
This!

Some ppl here think that "back in the day" Tera was great and a very popular and profitable game but for some weird reason EME ditched everything for a free to play model lol.

Imho, it's just nostalgia ;)

Yea, just nostalgia. Vanilla Tera lacks so much QoL that people will instantly realize and start to hate/ask for it to be changed which would just beat the point of a vanilla server.

I feel the same way about Blizzard releasing vanilla WoW since it lacks so much QoL that the game worked through over the years, but somehow there seems to be big enough hype for it. Main issue with Tera is that we don't even have an active player base the size of the player base that wants vanilla WoW, so the amount of people who would play vanilla Tera would make it a very bad investment of time and money from BHS.
Babit wrote: »
The third and final glaring issue that I'm seeing a lot of posts about is the HM balancing situation. I'm not the most knowledgeable about release dates and I'm too lazy to look it all up. However I have a theory that may shine some light on the situation.

So it's common knowledge that RKEM & RMHM are pushing limits few of us have seen before. We got 10minute fights, multiple dps checks, less damage output and more boss stats than ever. People are seeing ktera love this while the vast majority of the NA lategame community is forced to slay RKEM and play nigh on perfectly to clear RMHM.

The differences between the region's being the talent system, annnnnd big surprise, awakening skills.

I feel like with the addition of awakening RKEM will be a breeze and RMHM will barely be harder than RMNM is now. As for right now there is no denying that there is a balance issue on the NA platform as far as these 2 dungeons go, but both are clearable if your party is performing decently in this patch.

As already mentioned your point here is invalid as KTera clear times were already way better than ours PRE-AWAKENING. You can't deny that the talent system is causing balancing issues for other regions just because RKEM and RMHM "will be a breeze" once we get awakening, considering that content wasn't even balanced for Awakening so no wonder it'll be easier.
TJKat wrote: »
I'd been thinking about the problem with non-Korean ninjas and their lack of talent. It occurred to me all they'd need to do to pull it out of the cellar is buff the focus skill. Either a)double to triple it's effect, or b)let it stack to 20-30 instead of 10. It would literally take modifying one skill to return ninjas to viability outside of Korea.

The thing is we don't know if publishers can modify skills themselves, and they most likely can't as it has never been done in the past and actually requires developer work.

We do however know that publishers CAN modify dungeon loot and apply existing buffs that BHS created to dungeons (such as the HH30 buff), however all EmE seems to be doing is pushing the fact they can't bring the talent system over instead of addressing these solutions the community is providing to them / asking to be done.

Instead of repeating yourself over and over how about actually reading and replying to the conversations being had? @seandynamite
.........

BHS HAS NO PLANS TO BRING IT, THEY'VE SAID SO FOR YEARS.

Literally the only thing EME can do is give us a perma buff for the HM's like they did for HH30. They can't do anything else. I swear some of you can't read.

No plans is fine, we don't want the system itself since it's awful.

Best solution: BHS starts to rebalance dungeons in the build they give out to other regions to compensate the fact nobody has the talent system but them, probably won't happen

Another solution: EmE (as well as other regions) try to do something themselves such as adding extra loot and applying the HH buff (23 power/end that we got to make up for lack of talents during HH30) to RKEM/RMHM and all future dungeons. Adding loot and applying that buff are something that we know EmE can do as they buffed loot previously in the past (BRHM and SCHM, albeit the loot buff was a bit too much) and EU applied the buff to RMHM. The main issue with this solution however is it needs to be re-applied each build change they get from BHS, it would have to be something added to their checklist which from past experiences we know EmE isn't the best at keeping track of that checklist (signs in the merchant, reward points STILL missing from VG quests).

Locking the threads that talk about the talent system and the comparison to what EU has done in RMHM and then not giving any reply except something everyone already knows like "There are no plans still to bring the talent sytem to NA or EU." is only farther frustrating everyone within the conversation, and will lead back to us asking why EmE keeps going back on that open communication thing they wanted to do.
^ Report function does exist in the form of tickets however so you can still do that, forums won't be able to help much.

Also you can get through the CS Gates without any third party programs, it's just how poorly BHS coded this game.
VGPlayer wrote: »
For years I been complaining about stuff how they could tweak stuff and such. Nothing is wrong with RMHM and nor nothing should be change (PLEASE DON'T NINJA IT) with something stupid. The timer at the end is bit unbalance but it was made for awakening patch that gives extra damage to classes so after awakening patch everything will be perfect :D. Please keep this format of dungeons with upcoming content.

Please comment below how you fell about it. :D

Timer wasn't balanced for Awakening since Awakening didn't exist on it's re-release. It was designed for the talent system power creep that we don't have for whatever reason BHS wants to give this time.

The dungeon itself is nice I do admit, the scenery blows RK's metalfest out of the water. First two bosses are BAMs in the list that I dislike however and the second boss doesn't really have any special mechanics, feeding the tiny spider eggs just isn't that fun imo especially when there are times the spider just refuses to eat.

I would like to know what type of "format" this dungeon follows that you would like with upcoming content? Also EmE has no control over any new dungeons BHS makes, but you can preview the new dungeons already in KTera to see if they fit your style.
SageWindu wrote: »
Partyblast wrote: »
"Good" = Holding Aggro, providing all your support at appropriate times (depends on the tank), enraging at appropriate times (usually matches your support), Blocking/iframing heavy attacks (in advanced groups you'll actually facetank the minor attacks), Moving to block attacks to allow more dps from the DPS (example: the pushback on second boss in RK, you jump to the jump to block for the DPS so they dont have to iframe), providing a decent DPS output (once again depends on your class).

I know this will inevitably lead to the infamous "skilled v. unskilled" debate, but that to me is just the tank doing their job. Hell, if I'm being honest, I'm happy if the tank in question just knows how being a tank works.

Most of us know about the stigma surrounding brawlers. Hopefully that cleared up some once the men started throwing on the gauntlets.

Sadly there are a lot of tanks that just think the first point is all that matters, and while holding aggro and damage dealing should go hand in hand they might not even be putting out a decent amount of dps.

I also don't see how the class opening up to males changes anything...but sure.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Obs wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
hellno wrote: »
Its honestly pretty stupid we dont have it as all classes and content is 100% clearly balanced around talents. Pretty much all the "low tier" classes on NA have amazing talents in Ktera making them on par with all the other classes. For example Brawlers on Ktera do about 30% more damage than those on NA making them a very viable tank even in try hard runs. Here on NA you will never see a try hard run with a brawler simply because they are outclassed by lancer for min maxing party damage

Another example is Ninja. Ninja is currently the lowest DPS class in NA, but in Ktera before awakening they were the Top DPS because of their great talents on atonement.

The difference talents make is simply huge. You can notice the difference in how long it takes for Ktera to complete content compared to other regions. Ktera clears are usually 30% faster than other regions, which is simply stupid. There is no reason it should be this much longer for us for the same content.

Yet we have brawlers at MT clearing RKE and don't complain about lack of talents.

All the brawlers I know are complaining about the lack of talents.

The ones you know are not all the brawlers doing RKE and not all the brawlers at MT.

Except Obs is in the top guild of MT? To clarify, his guild mostly does endgame content (which is RKE btw) and has brawlers on MT that do said content. Nearly 80% of the endgame community is complaining about the lack of talents and the balance of the dungeons. Yes Brawlers are clearing RKE but did Hellno say clearing? No he said try hard runs, and not a whole lot of groups use Brawlers for try hard runs.
1) The system will not make an IMS group without a healer. You either entered manually from outside the dungeon with people on yours server or you are 100% lying.

2) The system looks for 1 healer, then 4 of anything else. It depends on what else is seeking on the other 4 servers. It can put 4 dps, or 4 lancers. It just depends on who is available.

3) At 65 there are not enough tanks. If you are a good tank, you will be wanted, trust me on that.

ACTUALLLYYYYYY

It will IMS match to people that are all tanks more often than not I will get a message saying " We are having trouble matching you would you like to match without a tank,dps,healer" if you click continue it will pull in whoever is in the matchmaking at that time. How do I know? Because I as a DPS have been put into groups with no healer and nothing but male brawlers.

[X] Doubt, that message is only when the system finds a healer and wants to know if you care if there's a tank or multiple tanks...anything that fills the queue.
SageWindu wrote: »
Hilltrot wrote: »
But to go after #3. Are there not enough tanks or are there not enough good tanks?

How can you get no healer with IM? When the healer backs out after being called.

Boy, this forum is toxic.

A lot of people say that "good" tanks are needed without really clarifying what "good" means in this context. Furthermore, the community at large doesn't like (or like to accommodate) a new player being new, asking questions, and so on; many people give the impression that one should know the proper information beforehand otherwise you're wasting literally everyone's time, including your own.

Do enjoy your stay! We have elin-shaped cookies in the back - have as many as you want! :)

"Good" = Holding Aggro, providing all your support at appropriate times (depends on the tank), enraging at appropriate times (usually matches your support), Blocking/iframing heavy attacks (in advanced groups you'll actually facetank the minor attacks), Moving to block attacks to allow more dps from the DPS (example: the pushback on second boss in RK, you jump to the jump to block for the DPS so they dont have to iframe), providing a decent DPS output (once again depends on your class).

This community is the same as about every MMO, just sayin'. It all depends who you run into. A lot of people have the mindset that they've learned on their own so they want to play with other people who have experience as well and have a smooth experience. Teaching or running with someone new or inexperienced can affect someones short time schedule when they themselves already know how to do the content. However you can also run into people who are more than happy to assist someone learning or new, given they're open to learning and aren't just going to stay silent and continue on their merry way.
> EU outpacing NA
> it's about events

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/categories/all
Yeah, we have no events at all in NA. *sarcasm overflow*

I mean, they put our events on the launcher and above the chat. How can you even miss them?

Except if you actually read the post you would also realize that EU is actually trying to combat the imbalance of dungeons (at least RMHM, I hope it expands with the addition of the new dungeons) due to a lack of the talent system.

Event dungeons are also something very interesting to fill in the time between content patches that BHS releases, providing something inbetween patches so people don't just quit for months at a time and at least keep some form of life on the servers sounds like a good idea doesn't it? Certainly is better than EmE turning off an event that ran for YEARS just to bring it back periodically as tiny events.

But yea sure, this thread is complete click bait obviously, there isn't anything wrong at all. Yes EU does have some questionable p2w events, but then so does EmE recently with that lovely gem box being sold in the EMP Store. Also GG can be accessed just like NA, you purchase the scroll from the VG merchant, the only difference is that Tera Club doesn't get a free scroll like Elite does. Just because you actually have to use VG points (which surprise have no use at all on NA) doesn't make the event poor.

Also not mentioned was EU actually beefing up dungeon loot by providing their own custom shop (which they actually keep up-to-date and it doesn't take months like EmE and the FedBill/FC Shop) that rewards players more and makes doing things such as RKE more worth it.

And no, I won't give up my entire account + friendships + low 20ms ping that I have on NA just to start fresh on EU with no friends and ~150ms ping. Maybe, just maybe EmE will finally realize that some changes would be beneficial to their playerbase. I'm going to give it another week or so for the HH buff to come to RMHM for our region before I lose hope that it's a BHS build change and it's just EU actually listening and realizing there is an issue with BHS' choices in dealing with the talent system.
Inb4someonespecialresponds"movetoEU"becausethatssoundlogic
NikuroTega wrote: »
Too bad all classes aren't awakened :disappointed: leave it to BHS to halfass everything. At least the Talisman is comi...oh wait. :angry:

The other half is coming to Korean in the summer, we'll probably see it at the end of the year.
sieblu wrote: »
Did healers get totally [filtered] with this or am I reading something wrong? Essential Mana is saying basically all the healing is decreased....

Basically normal BHS, HP Pools are increasing as well as boss damage so let's nerf healing output. For the most part it isn't that bad since Priests now heal with shocking implosion during their party buff and mystics are basically brought to the current priest healing and if you combo it with totem you should be aight, plus exploding motes!

Yea it sucks but after being smacked with heal nerfs for so long it's expected, also some people feel if BHS nerfs healing they'll stop making soo many oneshot attacks but I don't see them changing that, especially with some classes having so many iframes. /shrug
I was actually referring to the world boss achievement world bosses.

As was I, they all respawn on decently short timers. The only one that cannot spawn without a server restart is Humedaras the ghost baraka.
lolwat wrote: »
Partyblast wrote: »
there are trolls that camp the spawn spots and kill the world boss right after maintenance just to grief players. then the wb doesn't spawn again until next maintenance, and they do it all over again. I feel like all world bosses should spawn so many times per day. yeah it might not mean as much as it used to be, but so much has already been removed from the game, theat they may as well let us be able to get these. I know they dropped it from 100 kills to only 1 kill each, but some of those once a week spawns are nearly impossible to get.

That's only one boss, the ghost baraka for Northern Arun, and really BHS should've had that fixed by now but like a bunch of other bugs they won't touch it.

As for the others they all respawn on a decently short timer, and in the cases of the loot WBs it's not to grief other players but to acquire the loot that drops. Achievements are still massively easier to get now compared to before.

Drops should be removed from all world bosses. The fact that it's easier now, doesn't mean it's easy-easy. As I said, I've been hunting 3 or 4 bosses for months now and haven't even seen them.

It's easy but it's not easy enough for you because they were made into legit WBs that have defense and give loot? The original intention of the WBs? You don't have to kill 100 of these bosses but they're still difficult because people keep sniping them from you, the same thing that would've happened during the 100 kill achievement times? Okay.

Adopt the technique that WB hunters use if you want the achievements, you'll have to camp the spawn areas. Easiest way would be to come online directly after a maintenance but of course you'll have to fight other people who also want the WB, but at least then you'll have a time of death which will let you camp within the respawn timer of the boss.
there are trolls that camp the spawn spots and kill the world boss right after maintenance just to grief players. then the wb doesn't spawn again until next maintenance, and they do it all over again. I feel like all world bosses should spawn so many times per day. yeah it might not mean as much as it used to be, but so much has already been removed from the game, theat they may as well let us be able to get these. I know they dropped it from 100 kills to only 1 kill each, but some of those once a week spawns are nearly impossible to get.

That's only one boss, the ghost baraka for Northern Arun, and really BHS should've had that fixed by now but like a bunch of other bugs they won't touch it.

As for the others they all respawn on a decently short timer, and in the cases of the loot WBs it's not to grief other players but to acquire the loot that drops. Achievements are still massively easier to get now compared to before.
Naru2008 wrote: »
If you guys want what EU has...go play it?.

Because having to start from scratch, dealing with a ping increase of 100+ on a VERY ping intensive game and promoting a population decline in a region is 100x more logical than asking the publisher of our region to assist in making the game enjoyable, helping maintain or increase the population, and combating a terrible choice by the developer by balancing around a system they refuse to release to other regions.

Yup.
CS game play is mostly the same, just with the newer classes running around, but that's only if the queue pops. CS was locked to 65s only, which lowered the pool of people participating as you used to be able to get anyone from 30+ which honestly wasn't that bad even with skill differences. It also suffers the same way other BGs do and will really only pop during a highlighted day, this is the March BG Calendar.

PvP is still unbalanced for the most part when it comes to new classes, however there is a Valkyrie nerf coming which should make them less of a pain. Awakening changes to classes in the next month mostly do not apply to PvP at least currently so that shouldn't harm them too much. Someone else could probably provide a more detailed description on the PvP balance.

BHS "tried" to address performance issues, at least the patch notes said they did. Game still runs poorly, UI is still a major factor into poor FPS, BHS has just made a new game using the same engine so they obviously have no plans to fix anything.
Congrats on your math, the necro wasn't needed however.
As I said in the other thread that brought this up, unless it's a BHS build change there's a very small chance we'll get this but I do hope EmE decides to give it to us.

The power/endurance buff is the exact same buff we were given with HH30 to make up for the flat stat talents that KTera has, it doesn't make up for the skill talents but this at least makes the dungeons more bearable. If it is a BHS change I hope they've finally realized other regions are hurting without talents and a rebalance on dungeons will happen, or if it's just a EU-specific change they'll most likely apply this to the newer dungeons while EmE chooses to sit back and ignore us like they did with our requests to buff endgame loot to help make them bearable.
clfarron4 wrote: »
Any more word on the possibility of Talents being reconsidered or replacement buffs?

EU are about to implement a player buff for RMHM. The specific part is this:

unknown.png

Amusingly enough, this corresponds with the following Talents from KTERA that are accessible to all classes:
Ketoth wrote: »
ALL CLASSES - points included on classes breakdown
  • Increase power by 23 - 80 points
  • Increase Endurance by 23 - 70 points

I believe this has been done in recognition that dungeons are balanced around the KTERA Talent System, as I don't see any other reason why this would be implemented by Gameforge.

Same buff we got for HH during 30man I imagine, I approve although it does surprise me the same treatment wasn't added to at least RKHM, hopefully they continue to do it to future content since it just gets worse from here.

Hopefully this is just a build BHS is releasing to every region and not just EU specific, or maybe BHS is still on that whole "We don't balance around talents" stance which EmE will most likely follow.....
my suggestion for those wanting a particular name, is to get an xbox or ps4 and try your luck once it is officially released on them.

Makes sense, just grab a console just for the sole reason of acquiring a name you can't on PC, but because you're in a decent spot on PC you'll just hold that name on the console for eternity.

Anyways having a name wipe every few years should be fine, no point in having names just sit around even if they were to just be scooped back up by name sellers at least there will be a window of time where the names are moving around and have a chance to land on someone who will be active for awhile later.

But as mentioned previously, EmE hasn't made any public plans of a future name wipe so you're in the waiting boat with the rest of us.
Pages wrote: »
Also, you CONTINUE to ignore my response, which is that this mount should automatically be learned on every character. But, yeah, keep being condescending. Just because I didn't attend PAX 2012 doesn't mean I haven't been playing as long as other people.

The Regal Frost Lion is a skill book in your account item claim tab, it isn't automatically learned. But yes, it is a collector's edition perk, however I don't know anything about codes given out during PAX 2012 so who knows.

Either way, @OP contact support as @Pages suggested since you said you have the mount on multiple characters and can no longer find it, they can do more than we can here since it appears to be an account issue
Lol, how is a level 100 cap QoL? The only thing I agree with this thread is the ninja clone since it feels so weird that it has such a long CD for just a fun skill with no combat advantage (and before people cry it can fool people in PvP......please give me a solid example as to how).

Maybe the dye thing, but I don't really dye my costumes so I don't really know if there's an issue with the current system.
That's the snowman NPC Ambrr for the Wintera seasonal, it's a bug that has been around for awhile. The quest marker just doesn't go away when the NPC is turned off for whatever reason.
Rila wrote: »
it would be so easy and it would make devs so much money , just put apartments in velika simple.

Yea....heh....simple. In reality? Probably not.

Also yea if anything this would already hurt the image of the population since main cities already have a dwindling amount of players.
ElinLove wrote: »
[...]

Perhaps I should try to level by picking flowers and mining.

Reminds me about the story of Pacifist, the Baraka Priest who reached 65 (or was he during the Lv 60 days) only by gathering, non-kill quests, and crafting. His entire kills are only a handful of mandatory 1st levels so you can get out of Island of Dawn or some handful of moments he had to self defend against mobs

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/celestial-hills/topics/THE-TALE-OF-PACIFICUS-LEVEL-60-PACIFIST?page=1

Yea this was pretty interesting, and according to the achievement SS he didn't actually kill anything, a true pacifist.
Naru2008 wrote: »
They'll be back soon, afaik.

SoonTM.

Still don't understand why they removed the item because it's in a future update...why not wait until you actually release that update, especially with the long wait periods between things.
EA763X76FL wrote: »
OK thanks well it looks like there are no such console store items yet for Tera ..thanks for the reply

Console is still in it's beta stages so it'll still be awhile yet until you should spend money, going to have to wait until full release for that (no date has been set btw afaik).
It's because these are all things EU does on its own by modifying server files (which is why they get reverted in the next BHS patch each time). Gameforge doesn't share this with other regions. If it's something that BHS does or integrates in the base game, then other regions (KR, JP, NA, etc.) can get it, but most of these are done internally by Gameforge. (So, it isn't like NA is soloed out as the only region that doesn't have this; it's just that EU is the only region that has it.)

It seems to me that the solution would have to be either that Bluehole does this themselves (so all regions can get it), or (maybe?) BHS pays Gameforge to get the customizations and distributes it to other regions too, or EME gets their own people trained to be able to make these same kinds of changes themselves for this region.

They're done by GF but BHS still has a hand in it from what I understand, but it seems that when they decided to send SCEM to all the regions they didn't get the hype they wanted. Either way yes it would help if EmE had someone who was able to do it like Pathmos and his team on GF but with EmE's current state and all the attention on console I don't see anything like that happened....wew.
RNNT4FP55J wrote: »
Partyblast wrote: »
It's been known since it released on KTera that all animations are the same, including the death which is probably the most awkward animation on males, everything else is fine?

Love how fragile everyone who complains about this crap is, you finally got the ability to play a male because playing female is impossible because it somehow harms your male image irl and now the animations which literally don't have a gender now bother you....wow.

it's more about the fact it took 3 years to even make the lowest ammount of effort ever produced by developers of any game, ever.
and also most men play female chars, so duno what you're refering to with "impossible because it somehow harms your male image irl"
Why do you assume most ppl refused to play female brawler, because female?
Just because people complain about gender lock, doesn't mean they refuse to touch the class. If they like brawler, they'll play it anyway, even if they would have PREFERRED to play as male - and for 3 years they didn't have any other option.
I hope you understand that nothing would ever change, if no one said anything - no bugs would be fixed, no balance patches would be relased, because no one gave feedback.
If it was a feature that you could give your male char, female animation, that would be cool, but that's not the case. Devs were simply to lazy to make an effort. Defending it in the name of accidental diversity, just because it fits your narrative, is ridiculous.
It's stuff like this that makes the game look like an afterthought or school project, rather than a bilion dollar project - it's unprofessional, and ruin their image - it gives the impression they don't care about the game, and we can't expect much for future content - why invest in a game that even the devs don't take seriously?

Yea sucks it was such a sloppy copy paste and I would like all classes open to every race+gender but BHS has found the most profit in just creating female classes, and with a game this old and lacking population they don't want to put major effort into something that won't have great returns.

Also:
Delimon wrote: »
Third, what is wrong with wanting to play as a man when I am a man? I don't enjoy staring at fake tits and butt and especially not borderline [filtered].

I don't have security issues with my gender, I'm a man, end of the story. I act like a man and I want to role play as a man, not a damn female.

That's what I meant about men having issues with playing a female because they suddenly have to RP as their in-game gender which is opposite their own. I'm well aware most men play females and the class will be played regardless of gender if the person doesn't care about that. The OP of this thread seemed very offended that the male brawler was using female animations rather than the sloppyness of BHS.
Oh god more necromancers, the forums are gonna go on a banning spree again ._.
DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
The 3 hit ends up not being 3 hits even with making burning heart fireballs hitbox bigger. The smaller the enemy, the less hits it'll land. So just make it hit once and buff the damage 3 times. No need to look up anymore and no more hit detection rng.

So let's stop with the random information that doesn't keep track of the game properly.

Talents have nothing to do with the changes. The amount of hits lessen so the talent for lowering cooldown on Attunement got buffed to make it how it was before.

There was never a FPS issue with Burning Heart, that's your issue with your settings and which mods you aren't using.

/thread done.

Yes BHS was trying to combat the fact there were issues with Burning Heart not hitting all hits, they even did a patch earlier to try and fix that, except this patch was also due to FPS issues that they experienced on KTera.

This whole game is an FPS issue, so you can't flat out say it was an issue with settings or mods.
It was a FPS fix by BHS since players were actually having issues with multiple ninjas in a party using burning heart at the same time (because that class isn't actually dead with Talents), they figured giving 3x damage was enough and didn't consider crit rate /shrug
Just to 100% confirm... what server are you playing on?

If you are playing on the EU servers run by Gameforge, they have no calendar items. Only the NA servers run by EME have them.

That is EU (or at least not NA) since the names aren't as restricted, the global message by "miumy" show that since the name would have to be "Miumy" due to the way the system keeps names capitalized.

So OP, even though calendar items on NA really aren't that extreme and are fine to miss out on for the most part, don't sweat since you're not even on NA .-.
It's been known since it released on KTera that all animations are the same, including the death which is probably the most awkward animation on males, everything else is fine?

Love how fragile everyone who complains about this crap is, you finally got the ability to play a male because playing female is impossible because it somehow harms your male image irl and now the animations which literally don't have a gender now bother you....wow.
It's part of a change coming at a later time, so they will not be returning to the FC Store.

"Later time" It takes literal months to get any store update, you guys couldn't even provide the entire FC Store update at the announced time and just skated by with a Phase process, why remove the NPC scrolls now and give no information aside from it's coming soonTM?

Amazing job, totes, but it's as to be expected.
Zcopycat wrote: »
Is ninja actually getting stronger or just having the way that skill works altered? Ninja and sorcerer are the weakest classes - why isn't sorc getting the adjustments mentioned in the essential mana post linked previously? If you really want to balance classes, increase crit rate on ninja's burning heart / circle of steel and make sorc's meteor crit glyph let it always crit for the poor people with 300+ crit factor.

Also for the enchanting changes - as written it sounds like only items with talents will have those reduced (but darics and plates??) while all enchanting materials are increased. Is this how it is meant? Or for the base gear only...
We *really* do not need an increase on emeralds/diamonds required for enchanting and stormcry mats already are basically only acquired through metamorphics - copper clasps are so rare. Not to mention the whole halved vg thing hurts getting them from iod... Really FM mats should drop starting in 431 and SC in 439 and it greater quantity than they are right now - and yet the opposite, more mats required, is what's happening? I agree that something needs to be done about the inflation of gold talent prices, but an increase in required mats past guardian is so not necessary they're hard enough to get as it is. I'd prefer to see the drop rates of gold talents increased in dungeons to give more people motivation to run those instead of farming legion / iod solo being the optimal thing to do.

What EM Patch Note are you referring to? We're getting both patches 10/26, url="https://essentialmana.com/news/1123-patch-note/"]11/23[/url], and some of 12/07 from KTera. We had already received the buff portion of Guardian Legion when we got that system, most patches are frankenstiens of multiple KTera Patches.

Ninja Burning heart is just being altered, but in a way it's a buff since you no longer have to angle your camera a certain way to land all three ticks per Burning Heart, now you can just stare at the boss any way you want since it only ticks once per burst.

The enchanting as EmE failed to mention is only for Guardian and Twist.
Dzerk wrote: »
In EU tera they spin some wheel to get the choose your hair magic ticket. (RNG)
Each hair ticket is also 9,999 fashion coupons
So I'm wondering if the prices are different or the same.

I appreciate your reply @Selenya but since I hope this company takes a different and less money-hungry route I would like an official answer from one of the staff, verifying the information. This is obviously NOT EU Tera. @CobaltDragon

KTera has the coupons as cash shop only, EU decided to use the fashion coupons for them, NA has not mentioned how they will work so yes we do need an official response but I doubt we'll get one until you can just see in-game how they will work....yay EmE.
Viticks wrote: »
  • Removed set effects from accessories and gear.

This really pisses me off =/
Spend 300k on keytrap sets to my chars and know it was reduced to nothing...

As mentioned by @TOLOVERU it was adjusted on JTera and then KTera a few weeks ago so you've had a fair amount of time, also honestly it should've been expected they would adjust past sets so they weren't better than the new content...same thing happened with Hyderad and older healer acc to force healers to use crit sets. Why would BHS keep old gear as BiS?
Dialoonia wrote: »
In the end the heroes always wins. Just wait for the day where villians actually are the winner. Atleast for a content or two. The only point where you lose was the prologue story. In the end you got defeated (killed)

There is a theory that you the "hero" is dead after the events of prolouge IoD. Thus you are just dreaming all the stuff about arborea.

Arborea is a dream world afterall, created by Shara and Arun, makes sense.
CornishRex wrote: »
The person likely meant 100% keen mote that EU gets as a compensation for no double VGs. We still don't have that despite getting our vgs cut in half so you're more cucked on na than on eu.

The 100% mote drop was an EU regional change, not a compensation, just like the double VGs were basically a regional change for NA due to the length of it. It confuses me why people think just because EmE decided to 180 and make the double VG as a random event (which sucks btw just wanna add that even tho it's been said many times) that they'll change the mote drop to match?
6R1MM01R3 wrote: »
Partyblast wrote: »
Catservant wrote: »
I think a perm fiery halo would be better as an event reward, don't you? (as long as it could be chosen, not random)

Either way I would love it, as well as the blue fiery halo.

This is the only ID I could find with a translated name, the rest of the IDs aren't named yet however I could post them if this one doesn't work or is temp.

Both temp and perm blue fiery halo are in the game files.

Yes as I mentioned the IDs are there just not translated or given a description to differ between temp and perm, which is why I provided the only one with any name/description at all.
The whole chain system is bad. There's a delay on the prompt to use the next skill, some classes just have awful built-in chains that you shouldn't do and are unable to change. It is MUCH faster and smoother to just press the next skill you're going to be using instead of using the chain system.

I personally have changed my chain key off of spacebar because I like to use that key to jump and I've only ever used the chain system twice, to retaliate after being KD'd (which in PvP it's probably better to have it bound and press the skill itself rather than rely on the chain) and back when Priests had 5 buffs and I was lazy to press all the buttons at the start of a fight so I made a chain to go from one buff to the last and just had the essential buffs ready for after a res.

Now unless that system was reworked for console (which I doubt) it would be better to ignore this system altogether. Considering some PC players, and decent ones at that, use a controller you should be fine manually using the skills.
Are you sure your Assault Stance is dropping after you use evasive roll? There has been a known bug for probably over a year of Stances (both on Warrior and other classes) turning off yet still appearing on after teleporting, it's best to always check your stats before starting a fight just in case the bug hits you.
Here is our resident translator god Loriri's wall'o'text of the whole quest.

I'd quote it but again it's a very large wall of text and there are some other posts in that thread .-. Also this story may or may not change when it gets translated for our region, but it'll still involve dragons and Velik getting roasted.
MaiAura wrote: »
I just like to point out the a fact that nobody seems to mention, that is the reason the vanguard reward was halved is because the number of daily vanguards doubled from 8 to 16. Now i don't agree with this idea because that means all they did was make you do more work for the same rewards. Also agree with you about ps4/xbox they may draw in some new players but most will likely have come from pc making the pc version lose population.

*facepalm* That's not even close to the reason, and that applied to all regions where the double VG was a NA specific perm "event" which as mentioned above was removed just to give it back to us as a fun mix-up >.>
HAAYAAKD43 wrote: »
Norafin wrote: »
Now if only someone had made a training run or the que would pop in ever...

all pvp players wanna do is kill lesser geared players with high ping. ( u actually want to pk lowbies but u cant, HA!)

and being a pvp only player is your choice. you chose not to take part in pve events.

I'm assuming you quoted the wrong person since what Norafin said had nothing to do with PvP. Not all PvPers want to kill lesser geared players, probably the ones that want the 65 restriction removed but eh. It would be fantastic if gearing opportunity was split for both sides of play since you do still need gear to PvP, there isn't a reason why you should block pvpers out of content.
Catservant wrote: »
I think a perm fiery halo would be better as an event reward, don't you? (as long as it could be chosen, not random)

Either way I would love it, as well as the blue fiery halo.

This is the only ID I could find with a translated name, the rest of the IDs aren't named yet however I could post them if this one doesn't work or is temp.
Nedylene wrote: »
It is quite pathetic that still some keep making forum threads comparing EU's content with NA's content. If those like more the EU's content, why don't they just play the TERA EU instead to make non useful EU comparisons threads on this forum.

Because high ping and restarting from scratch?

Yes it's stupid to keep comparing everything EU does to NA but same was done a few years back afaik when EU had a bad image. People would like some more interesting content to keep things going between patch cycles as we wait the long process from Korea and EU has been able to do that with creating custom extreme modes of dungeons, while here on NA we have our VG rewards halved and return to us in "events" Hrm....
HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
Also, you seem to be unaware but the brawlers/lancers have the lowest gain bonus for contribution points out of everyone while they do so much in return for other players when tanking/providing back crits/debuffs for other classes and trust me that you need to work hard as a tank to get the quests done ( i am already seeing less tanks around by the way and it is no wonder since the other classes get more points for less gear and less effort ).

And i can understand that bots should be destroyed on sight because they can ruin games in so many ways ( BNS left me speechless ) but then again why do i get hit almost as hard with +7stormcry armor compared to a bot with +0 guardian?

Lancers actually have a decent contribution bonus, played right they can be right under DPS Healers (especially if played in back-crit setup, which of course spins the boss around and can cause issues, but some bosses aren't even tanked anyways so people would be used to it).

As mentioned previously most of the attacks are HP % based meaning you'll take roughly the same damage regardless of your armor, more so if you have more hp modifiers on your gear. The Blue Legion Mission bosses have really easy to dodge attacks (aside from the fireballs during the Bastion Mission which can go in random areas), much more easier than the Crab's attacks imo. I usually just spam the two Blue missions, swapping to the next channel when the current channel is finished and I find it much quicker and less painful then doing the green missions.
The problem was Zerk Tank was a sloppy bandaid to the lack of tanks pre-Brawler release at 65. It wasn't really well thought out to put a class that has most of it's damage output in charge skills in FRONT of the boss where you're required to block. On top of that Berserker is probably the squishiest heavy armor class, and it's base endurance even makes the leather armoured warrior laugh at it due to Dstance providing an endurance buff. The only good thing that came out of that bandaid was the evasive roll and overwhelm, and maybe the insane aggro generation of i-stance allowing for assistance in very specific situations or an emergency sub tank in HH.

With Brawler release providing another tank to the pool BHS has no reason to really touch Berserker's tank stance, Awakening proves it focusing fully on the DPS output and even making Berserk a skill that only provides back damage which would be useless for tanking since you'd drop all your back damage lines. As for tanking you mentioned the basics for tanking, providing an endurance debuff in line with other tanks as well as an enrage however Berserkers need a major overhaul of how they would attack while tanking and possibly even a frontal block on a damage skill to improve their DPS as you mentioned it severely lacks in comparison to other tanks/classes.

Sadly as fun as Zerk tank could be I don't believe BHS will be looking at it anymore.
HAAYAAKD43 wrote: »
Zoknahal wrote: »
Teekz wrote: »
@Zoknahal how about you leave my daily & rep bonuses alone just cause you don't need them does not mean they do not help people who are smart enough to find a use for them. Only reason I pay for elite honestly, and for a mount elite should NOT be a flight suit or Dragon/Phoenix.

The only reason why someone would farm the old dailies, would be for the hats to be honest, hats that you can currently get through the fashion coupons, ever since they were introduced into the Federation Bill shop, and now since its going out of business, you can get them through the Fashion Coupons for the time being.

If you however are after the Black Panther mount, then elite would make it a lot faster to get because you need a specific item from each reputation vendor. But currently, its a 275 mount, and being realistic, with flying mounts around, and one you can get for free at lvl 65, no one would be interested in a ground mount with a 275 speed, only for the looks and maybe earning yourself some legacy item, which again, is not anymore, since the actual legacy version of that mount, had a 280 speed. I honestly do not see any use for the old jewelry that the old reputation merchants sell.

Elite has to have something attractive for players that wish to pay for it. Having outdated benefits that only work with outdated content, is not attractive for players seeking a QoL benefit for end game, such as doubling the rewards for Vanguards for being elite. In the long run, speaking from a business standpoint, EME would make more money by making elite more attractive to this specific part of the playerbase, rather than keeping it the way it is, and constantly getting threads like this to implore for a change on Elite.

FWIW I have been conducting user interviews and research on how I could better make Elite useful by focusing on multiple player types (such as brand new players, leveling players, PvP players, dungeon players, etc...) and coming up with lists of things that focus on each player type. Unfortunately, many of the things are tied to what I can get from existing items/buffs (requesting new features/items takes quite a bit of time) but I will be looking to do a relaunch of TERA Elite Status soon. In the meantime, I think the consumables box and elite gift box probably can use some updating, along with a new mount. Mount changes are relatively easy, though I'll dispel that we will be giving dragons or phoenix (or flight suits for that matter - that has multiple requirements and makes it really difficult to give out) but there's a plethora of other mounts. And I agree with an earlier post, they need refreshes more often than they are getting now.

i think almost everyone would LOVe toe go-kart mount..and i think it suits eing the elite mount becaus eu can only ever ge [filtered] rarely at certain events...but those events were long ago, it made everyone very happy..GO KART mounts would be an excellent choice! maybe starting form March already?
@seandynamite

The thing with Go-karts is that they're only permanent on the Korean version of the game since It's from a Nexon game, so acquiring them in a permanent sense here would be more difficult. However EU just got the Maplestory slimes and mushrooms available as a pet in their version where it also used to only be a KR thing due to Nexon, as well as some pets which I believe were only in JTera, EmE would have to work with Nexon/BHS I imagine to have any of those exclusives over in our region.
Skrux wrote: »
rkem i think

Is there a reason you bumped three nearly two year old threads when there hasn't even been a mention of a drop event?

I miss when threads a month old got locked, always happened on the old forums not sure if it was automatic or we had some decent forum mods.
Melyodis wrote: »
Pages wrote: »
I agree with everything said above. No one--not even KTERA--wants this system, we only want the bonuses to every class it gave. Mostly, we want these bonuses because they make the classes feel "complete." Classes like Ninja are practically unplayable on regions other than KTERA because we lack the Attunement/Burning Heart glyph.

Of course, BHS will never acknowledge this because they don't care. They'll continue balancing around talents and we'll continue playing NA TERA like everything's fine. Longer clear times and higher difficulty for the same content.

what class do you main cause i know ninja that can out dps you. Ninja unplayable really. stop over reacting let wait and see the test server feedback. same way we behaved for the gear revamp.

The Talent System has nothing to do with the test server? What good would feedback about talismans help for an already established system that has been around for 2 years? Did you even read the topic before posting?

Yes Ninja isn't unplayable and is able to clear endgame dungeons as with all classes but they are no where near the high end in terms of DPS, whereas on KTera they can still compete with Awakened classes. Sure you know a ninja that may be able to outdps people, obviously because everyone plays at different skill levels, however when it comes to measuring dps of all the classes they fall short without the talents that make Attunement basically 0 CD.
McOnosRep wrote: »
Mnn if the balancing is never going to happen, perhaps they could instead boost dungeon drops and vanguards to compensate - two things we know EME can do....

Hah no they'd rather remove the VG reward system we had for years and return it as "fun" little time limited events. Honestly it would be great if we had some regional changes to make the longer fights worth it but when it comes to that we're just shouting into an empty room.

I can just see it eventually the power creep with talents and balancing will reach the point where BHS will design some enrage timer that will be needlessly difficult for our region maybe even impossible, maybe then they'll realize they dun goof'd.
Healers always get shafted but where are we losing HP%? Yes we are losing healing/endurance depending on what you rolled which sucks but tbh I've come to expect that from DPS, along with the heal nerf on most of the skills come Awakening, but hey Priest now heals by just breathing ay? :|

The endurance line from gloves are being placed onto the chest piece, endurance and healing from rings are lost however some of the skill bonuses look like they'll help out, we still have yet to see how things play out with the test server. I'm still unsure where you see we'll be losing 5.5% HP, and even if we're losing it so are tanks and DPS and honestly we need the HP pool to go down a bit to make up for our healing nerfs.
The Talent System sucks, plain and simple. It's a terrible grind that is loved over in the east but not here in NA, and it puts an even larger gap between newer players, players who take a break during the dead 3-4 months waiting for the next content, and players who just grind.

What would've been amazing was BHS sticking to their word and not balancing the game around the Talent System however they decided to do so, resulting in a massive damage difference between KR and every other region which leads to long and annoying boss fights. An example would be RKEM on KTera is cleared ~5 minutes without slaying while on NA it's ~7 minutes with slaying (just examples I'm not entirely sure of the average clear times).

Really the only way to fix it would be for BHS to entirely remove the system altogether, which probably won't happen. Or make some of the heavy impacting talents into passive skills which can be distributed to other regions, which sadly also probably won't happen. You honestly do not want this system, but you want the enhancements it gives because without those the game isn't balanced for our regions.
Nice feedback, but Eme once again has nothing to do with this and will put out whatever big daddy BHS decides, or rather, what it does not decide, regardless of the proposal or not. In fact, I highly doubt this will even be brought up to subject of talk

EME has decided to skip the entire reintroduction of dungeon patches before (KDHM and FI/FIHM in the last 6 months.) They have what looks like full discretion over console. I don't see how they can't pass this feedback on (wishful thinking, I know.)

They probably have a lot of control over console, but every region skipped the reintroduction of those dungeons. EU had FI return as an event dungeon since they've been working on those types of things to fill in time between patches.
While Gameforge actually logged on their characters and took screenshots, EME just decided to once again half [filtered] everything and steal a video from a youtube of someone showcasing the hair styles :+1:

What you have stated is not what occurred. The uploaded Youtube Videos showing the new Hair Styles were created and uploaded by us.
I stand corrected. After getting more information on this, I did find out that we asked Nexon to share their videos with us, which they agreed to do. Sorry for the prior misinformation.

Wow, I....wow.
Doubtful that anything we say will even sway BHS in their decisions, but they are hosting a PTR on KTera since they are also upset about this system and how it's also massively negative for new players.

Also when you reach T4 Talismans you won't really be using the current lines we have now it'll mostly be pure skill changing lines unless you need CDR or ASpeed (both of which are nerfed btw) instead. They wouldn't just add these lines to our existing setup because they want to combat the power creep (that Talents also contributed to >.>) and adding skill changing lines on top of weapon lines and non-nerfed CDR and ASpeed is creating more of a power creep rather than fighting it.
Male Brawler does have the same animations as Female Brawler yes, even the death animation.

However BHS makes more money and spends less time creating female classes, this was released possibly as another test to see if it's worth creating male classes, now that it's finally reaching every region they can look at how it played out and decide if they want to continue with males or scrap that idea altogether. It's up to the consumers now.
ElinLove wrote: »
Would be interesting to have some more dungeon mechanics where the pull can be useful (also some cage mechanics still make great use of it, if for any reason the player is far from it, from some other mechanic or whatever reason, Priest can pull inside from what, 20m wasn't it?)

Cage mechanics make the pull amazing, also during the Imperator fight you could use pull to glitch out an attack so...kind of a mechanic right? :^)
Margarethe wrote: »
Unsure if this was mentioned before in this thread.
However, EME will never be able to fully endorse the use of the DPS meter due to ToS.
The desired reply of "It's fine, you can use it." from EME will never be achieved.

They will whenever the meter BHS puts into the base game releases ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
MistyTera wrote: »
So now you know why EME/BHS forbids the use of DPS meters.

Except your wrong, BHS allows meter usage and are allowing other regions to implement their own to combat the exact stupidity you're spewing out in long painful to read posts. EmE pulls the whole "don't be a [filtered] and harass people with it" stance, even after the whole third-party fiasco. They even allow you to report people using it: just see that valk that got banned for doing 11m/s in KC, the meter was posted by SOMEONE NOT BANNED and it instigated the investigation, however the ban was not because they used meter.
tisnotme wrote: »
Xristosx wrote: »
unless theres a mysterious unlikely patch this week.
guessing you haven't read the top of the screen lately then , its on all pages
There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Thursday (2/22) from 8-11 a.m. PST
been up there a few days now too

Weekly Maint =/= Patch

As of the past month or so Maint has been pushed from Tuesday to Thursday and EmE posts that message at the top of forums to inform people of it.
Xristosx wrote: »
Actually Feb. 31st. Get it right.

;)

Only 28 days in this month this year. :#

Also
Xristosx wrote: »
I think everyone just needs to be patient, EME has a development roadmap that they say whats coming out. They promised january so it'll be out in january.
QijBgcb.png

that image was photoshopped

Thx Capt. Obvious
@Vanellope "We" in the sense of the playerbase for every region, I'm sure something can be said about every skill that people find annoying about it and would like it changed/removed/made invisible.

It's not like you have a say either, even if you learned Korean and talked to the developers.
Priest pull actually has it's uses and come awakening the iframe on it becomes a lot more usable instead of the fraction of a second it is now, I'm sorry you've encountered a troll priest but if we're going to start changing skills due to how annoying they are to certain people we'd never stop.
The grind feels less tiresome because we're given highlighted weekends to grind since that's the only time VG rewards are offered, killing off any of the already low activity in any endgame dungeons.

I'm so glad that if someone is unable to farm during the limited event times given that they basically have nerfed rewards, whereas before you could farm anytime and would benefit from a regional change we had.

Also only EU is offered the 100% keen mote drop rate and it wasn't simply because they didn't have constant double VGs, it's just one of the regional changes they have.
Kirely wrote: »
Ketoth wrote: »
Using the normal noctenium will increase the lag
Reason: it need update your noctenium count everytime you use a skill. From some testing i did : having less items in your inventory reduce this type of lag.

You wont see this lag with blue noc.

Well, i just tried with blue nocts and that's the graph of my net:

b44a56b91894707c6a41fff418747a2e.png

Mid part is when i started to spam skills with blue nocts

It happens the same with the nocteniums in battleground

Also wanna add that i tried also with inventory totally empty and both normal and blue nocts, still getting lag spikes

The only solution is to not have ANY noct in your inventory and use blue/gold noct. Even if you have the blue/gold noct buff the game still opens your inventory to look at the noct stack if you have one to look at, continuing to cause lag.

Thanks BHS!
Catservant wrote: »
JasonTERA wrote: »
jut FYI, both you and your friend do not need to kill the last boss together in order to get friendship. One can stay at the entrance(in the dungeon), the other one goes clear the dungeon. Both will still get the friendship points.

Interesting...Does anyone know if it also will count toward ach for clears?

Achievements require you to near the boss as the fight begins and as the fight ends, this is one of the contributing factors to why title achievements sometimes don't match with your clear count for endgame dungeons because you may have dc'd at the start of the fight but were there for the rest of it. Other times it's just the achievement not registering the clear for some reason aside from BHS coding at it's finest :+1: .
CornishRex wrote: »
Pages wrote: »
Vanguard Rewards weren't nerfed. You used to get double tokens and double boxes (24 tokens/2 enchanting crates). 12 tokens and 1 enchanting crate is what every region gets for these Vanguards, but NA had a double vanguard event for a really long time so everyone just forgot that it was an event and thought it was normal.

I think it's fine how it is now, I just wish we had 100% Keening Dawn mote like EU.

When something runs constantly for almost 3 years you can't really call it an event.
It was a balance change done for the region we're in to fit the needs of this specific region. EU has tradeable essences for example and the 100% keen mote, I don't see them calling it an event, just a balance change done by their publisher because they think their customers/players will like it.
Now it was nerfed for no reason whatsoever and is being brought back as an """event"""", which is just [filtered] imo.

This. The double VG rewards was our region specific change to ease the Korean style grind and was applied back when we had severe feedstock issues, now that has been removed and as always there has been silence on loot changes in dungeons and no mention of when the VG shop will be updated, as well as very slow progress on updates to any other shops such as the Rewards Emporium and the Fashion Coupons (scheduled for this month, most likely releasing last minute, let's hope it works).
Complaining about complaints :+1:
Preeest wrote: »
( let me just add im not talking about when we get server wide lag, tera staff ended that and im pretty sure we wont be seeing that in the future.)

Also they ended the current lag caused by the event, but there will always be lag issues and we will definitely see it in the future since this is an online game, especially given BHS' track record and the fact EmE's hamsters aren't fed enough or were fed too much and are just too fat to spin the wheel.
CNEXX7P76C wrote: »
thats why I hate this "community" bunch of cheaters, that includes the hackers and people using Proxies(not VPNS)/Injectors.
Always ruining everything for everyone, Cant wait fr the console version.

BHS designs an event system that causes god awful lag and delay after it runs for a short amount of time, this system is also not tested on BOTH NA and EU servers before running it for the public but yes it's the community's fault.

Hope you enjoy your god awful console port with it's 0 FPS!
unknown.png

Wew yea, the kill count certainly is something.
AxeI wrote: »
Sadly this game takes any chance they can to shove people Elins down our throats. And it has turn into a bigger nuisance with the new loading screens.

First off the loading screens are because they just did a contest for the ELIN gunner release, of course there's going to be Elins on it and those artists deserve to have their work displayed.

The game isn't "shoving" Elins down your throat it just feels that way to you because you always see it due to the marke. Why do you always see it? Well that's because it's the most popular race whether it's due to looks or class advantages. NA originally marketed Castanic Female by having Jelena as the front for everything, the icon for the launcher is still that, but the community veered more towards Elins so it's logical that they aim more towards that race as it's their largest audience.
You don't need healing though, stop facetanking everything and you're good.
Holy sweet hell I can't even read this thread just the topic name makes me want to slam my head into a wall x.x
do you really believe if they make such change someone will grind it less? Lol
my point is that new players upon reaching 65 shoukd know at least basic things about dungeons and their class. Ive met plenty of crying new players complaining that they were kicked because "they were learnimg". At this point party doesnt demant a lot except holding agro and healing/ cleanse, which means thst most part (not all ofc) just didnt that very minimum of their role. At 65 you should learn specific dung mechanics, but have to know minimum about your class. KR is a fun i dont argue with this but brainless grind. And new players dont gwt any skill doing it.

Your point is moot because reaching endgame with little to no knowledge about dungeons or your class has always been a thing, way before the original Kumas and this Kumas existed. That's half on the player and half on the game with the leveling process being so quick (which is amazing for alts but crappy for new players) and dungeons not providing information and requiring little effort.
Penari wrote: »
With any luck... once they finish the console port the staff may have more time to address the community again and respond to posts more often. The console port has taken alot of their attention away from PC players i'd assume.

Even if they can respond to posts more often with the Console release finished EmE are not developers and don't have a say in what will happen with class availability. Sure they can pass on the request to BHS but when it comes to classes I believe BHS looks more at sales than anything, else with all of NA's complaints alone we'd have less female restricted classes (even though male outfits probably barely make a profit compared to female outfits).
Digivolve wrote: »
Xristosx wrote: »
No, Cooperative content doesn't give you the right to be a massive C.
When pvp on a PvP server is enabled everywhere except places where there are actually people :/

An event designed to help people gain gear exp so they can gear, also an event where you earn rewards based on contribution towards the mobs/bosses.

Sure enable pvp when they do a guardian mission arena where it's a LMS :+1:
They currently don't have a Tera CM to host said streams, same thing happened with the gaps between Tonka-Danicia and Danicia-Spacecats. Chill m8 they'll stream soontm
clfarron4 wrote: »

The first thing that strikes me is there are listed rewards which I'm not even sure are being applied. These are:
1) Daily Bonus Quest Increase: What is it? and What does it apply to?
2) Valkyon Responses from IMS: It's a listed reward, and it doesn't get rewarded anymore. You used to get "Valkyon Response" boxes for completing a dungeon with IMS. I remember that I did used to get Valkyon Response IVs from IMS when completing level 65 dungeons, but I don't remember when the last time I got one was.
3) Monthly Account Rewards: As far as I'm aware, we don't get a "monthly reward".

Then there's the stuff that looks good until you realise how it works:
4) Quester's Gold Boost: This applies only to Story and Area Quests. Doesn't apply to VGs, making it practically useless for a level 65 player.
5) Gold Hunter Boost: I'm not sure there are any monsters/npcs in game that you would kill on a regular basis that drops gold any more. Last one I remember was the gold box in Bathsymal Rise, and that gold drop got nerfed to the point where using a Gold Boost was pointless.
6) Reputation Boost: Unless this applies to Guardian Missions and the rewards, this died a death when Bellacarium and Killing Spree credits were killed off.

As someone that mostly (but not always) runs PvE content, the dungeon entries, nostrums and Crystalbind are the bits that matter to me, because they're part and parcel of what I use. For PvP players that mostly run BGs on the other hand, these three items are pretty useless, and I know a few players in this situation that don't subscribe to Elite status because of these. I don't know about people that like to hang out in VO or PvP during Open World events, so I won't comment.

Crafting Speed is, well crafting speed. Less time crafting means more time to [filtered] kill stuff.

I am having a load of fun on my Gunner bombing around in BGs though, so I might end up in the same position as many of the PvP players in BGs, where I'd actually be better off without it because it wouldn't benefit me.

Are EME considering making tweaks to Elite Status?

1) This was back when we had faction daily quests, Non-Elite are only allowed to do 10 quests while Elite members can do 20. This hasn't been useful since FoA release as there aren't enough BG dailies to even hit 10, all the factions are level 60 and never updated, and the only 65 factions are Vanguard + Guardian Legion which both don't use daily quests.

2) I kinda miss Valkyon Responses since they were at least something for whenever you did IMS, but they were removed shortly after Alliance removal.

3) Elite used to get a monthly reward which people would always complain about, especially if it was a bag of diamonds heh.

4) Yeap, sadly gold boost doesn't apply to VG quests, only normal/daily quests (which once again aren't really done unless you're bored)

5) To combat Korean bots all the gold was removed from loot, great idea to keep this in play :+1:

6) Reputation Boost is actually one of the useful Elite perks, this applies to Vanguard rewards and you earn double the listed VG credits, however it doesn't apply to Guardian Legion.

As for your spreadsheet there are a few things I want to point out:
As mentioned the Rep Boost is useful
The craft speed is useful (before someone comments yes EU has 99% but honestly either one is fine for me)
Elite NEVER gave double VG rewards or quest limit (we always had a 2x VG reward event which EmE recently turned off and the quest limit has been the same for all Elite/Non-Elite players, 8 (total, differing between pve/pvp/misc) at the start then 16) and
The reward system isn't really specific to Elite except for the fact that purchasing elite with your own cash will give you points/credits but that's because you're giving EmE cash just like purchasing EMP.

Overall yea Elite is sort of losing it's charm but it's just another item tossed into a pile of things that need touching up.
McOnosRep wrote: »
Yeah this is even worse that I feared.

Not only are we overall getting FAR less than before, now with "events" I have had several friends and guildies tell me they have decided its not worth playing on non-event days. So now on non-event days we have far less people about and LFGs

One of the major issue with NA TERA was that events were so OP it wasn't worth doing dungeons, so EME solution is to make it so that we have the same issue with dungeon vanguards????

This approach really makes no sense whatsoever...

Because it isn't worth playing on non-event days now. Previously we had these "events" on naturally and due to that turning it off was basically a nerf to the game as nothing has been done about dungeon drops or in-game shops.

But hey this is all fun and hype because it's an "event" :+1:
There's only really 2 markers sadly, and that's the 3 and 8 VG completion reward. Aside from those two you can't really tell how many past 8 you've done unless you have manually kept count, it's Tuesday and you have the 16 weekly VG reward count still, or until you've hit 16 and capped out that day.
Norafin wrote: »
Hm, I just noticed that the powerlinks for both Metamorphic Blast and Shocking Implosion get consomed upon their first use, is this normal? I mean for SI it doesn't matter, but for MB it does.
Doesn't happen for Final Reprisal.

Most powerlinks only work for the first use, Final Reprisal most likely doesn't due to it's ability to reset. Either way you usually use MB more for chaining into FR than for the damage boost (but popping it after TN is always welcome) and come awakening it'll be used for it's crit buff :+1:
Catservant wrote: »
Bankaidz wrote: »
I stopped with this game, the guys left open for over 40 minutes where they had people who ran more than 400k rewards credits, ended the brokerage.

Read this 6 times, still can't figure out what you are trying to communicate. I assume the "guys" are EME? Left what open for 40 minutes? And I would think I would recall a scandal involving people earning 400k Reward credits, but I don't. (Doesn't mean it didn't happen, just saying I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about) Can you give me a time frame when this happened? Or do you mean a different currency than Reward credits? Not that I recall this happening with any other currency either... :/

Does this ring a bell for anyone else out there? I admit to being intensely curious as to what this person could possibly be referencing.

The code was able to be entered over and over for a little while, I don't believe it was as long as 40 minutes though. Depending on how fast you were you could've made a decent amount of credits but I doubt 400k worth, either way the credit shop is useless without rank 8/10 and even then it's still useless as it's content they've added and forgotten.
You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.