TERA Online forum archive
Posts by Margarethe
Wadi wrote: »
FWIW I have been conducting user interviews and research on how I could better make Elite useful by focusing on multiple player types (such as brand new players, leveling players, PvP players, dungeon players, etc...) and coming up with lists of things that focus on each player type. Unfortunately, many of the things are tied to what I can get from existing items/buffs (requesting new features/items takes quite a bit of time) but I will be looking to do a relaunch of TERA Elite Status soon. In the meantime, I think the consumables box and elite gift box probably can use some updating, along with a new mount. Mount changes are relatively easy, though I'll dispel that we will be giving dragons or phoenix (or flight suits for that matter - that has multiple requirements and makes it really difficult to give out) but there's a plethora of other mounts. And I agree with an earlier post, they need refreshes more often than they are getting now.

Oh good.

So judging by the fact that you said in game shops would be addressed in October, and it is now days from March and we still have had zero shops actually changed (and all that happened was it was moved, and then deleted,) we should expect elite box changes sometime in 2019 right?

I speak sarcasm too, so yes. Expect it in 2019, @CassandraTR - hold your breath while you're at it.

Sarcasm or not, should a moderator be telling someone to kill themselves?

giphy.gif
latest?cb=20170417020211
Tera Apocalypse?
Rise of the dead?
JENJGGN4P6 wrote: »
KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA

dead-corpse1.jpg
FWIW I have been conducting user interviews and research on how I could better make Elite useful by focusing on multiple player types (such as brand new players, leveling players, PvP players, dungeon players, etc...) and coming up with lists of things that focus on each player type. Unfortunately, many of the things are tied to what I can get from existing items/buffs (requesting new features/items takes quite a bit of time) but I will be looking to do a relaunch of TERA Elite Status soon. In the meantime, I think the consumables box and elite gift box probably can use some updating, along with a new mount. Mount changes are relatively easy, though I'll dispel that we will be giving dragons or phoenix (or flight suits for that matter - that has multiple requirements and makes it really difficult to give out) but there's a plethora of other mounts. And I agree with an earlier post, they need refreshes more often than they are getting now.

Oh good.

So judging by the fact that you said in game shops would be addressed in October, and it is now days from March and we still have had zero shops actually changed (and all that happened was it was moved, and then deleted,) we should expect elite box changes sometime in 2019 right?

I speak sarcasm too, so yes. Expect it in 2019, @CassandraTR - hold your breath while you're at it.

tenor.gif?itemid=5566554
Amused, best comment from EME in quite some time.
Seems people desire to be forum banned.
f3ck4r wrote: »
Vanellope wrote: »
Low gear/skill healers use a lot of endurance/HP, but I have seen a lot of high skill healers favor attack speed/crit, so yes it hurts the lower healers, but it also encourages them to grow into something better by not giving them 150k hp to just face tank stuff all day. This might honestly be a good thing.

The only encouragement is to leave this RNG fest...
25k for each try and you can't choose the lines...

it's worse than anything we had before.

"This deal is getting worse all the time."
Which server were they from?
Also, are you positive you were playing on NA and not EU?
Would be adorable to see a Tera series with this chibi style.
Lynxzer wrote: »
Lynxzer wrote: »
tisnotme wrote: »
firstly what server are you on ??
second what did you buy
and finally is the your email for your enmasse NA tera game the same one as your enmasse shop account or did you buy it in game

On Mystel (EN)
Flight Suit Costume Bundle (Female Only)
The email is same so i think its the same? (its my first buy on this company)

Mystel is for Tera EU of GameForge...

this is TERA NA of Enmasse.. not the same

Soo...on a new topic...how the i repair this mistake? i kinda want my money back :|

i don't know if u will get your money back... i don't think they do refunds afaik

where can i talk to them?

https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/index
tisnotme wrote: »
firstly what server are you on ??
second what did you buy
and finally is the your email for your enmasse NA tera game the same one as your enmasse shop account or did you buy it in game

On Mystel (EN)
Flight Suit Costume Bundle (Female Only)
The email is same so i think its the same? (its my first buy on this company)

tenor.gif?itemid=5566554
Wrong forums.
Unfortunately, this will most likely never be changed.
Imhotep is pleased.
latest?cb=20170616023942
Thomastic wrote: »
This is outrageous! :'(

Rise from thy grave! RISE!
why not make elite mounts something that is only available to elite holders....maybe like huge angel and/or demon wings that allow the user to fly. I feel like having a mount that is only for elite users and not available to us free to play players, will make elite stand out and make people want to get it.

We had a custom mount for elite in the past, if I recall correctly.
The white horse with armor, I believe.
Perhaps a custom flying mount?
Albeit unlikely, due to requiring development.
Legolam wrote: »
@Azuriela
what are you QQ'ing about?

Believe, there's no PvP without copious amounts of salt.
Forgot to mention Emeralds.
Rather not edit the thread, some threads are automatically deleted when modified.
@Zoknahal Thank you for adding the Emeralds.
Zoknahal wrote: »
@seandynamite Its good that you are hard at work when it comes to the Elite Status update. If i may be allowed to suggest, than in addition to personal user interviews, you should reach to the community as a whole, and post a poll with all of your ideas and changes you are planning to implement to elite. This way, you can get a lot of feedback by having the entire playerbase vote on what is good, what is bad, what needs to be changed, what needs to be kept, what can use an improvement.

As my personal (and i think everyone wants this ever since the nerf to Daily quests) request, Vanguard quests for elite, should give at least, double the rewards, that is to say, gold, credits, items, item exp.

Remember also that some players are under a promotional price of Elite, so keep that in mind if you plan to re release Elite, and honor the promotional price for those who are still paying for it.

A great idea.
However, the forum community does not represent the entire player base.
@seandynamite in case you do a pool at the forums, I'd recommend announcing it in-game via system message and/or other means.
Rathgar wrote: »
Piltover wrote: »
Feels like enmasse is trying to cash out before this game dies

Don't you wish you honestly and truly believed the income was at least in part to better the gameplay in Tera? It would be the best way to retain players as well as gain new players which would lead to *gasp!* more cash transactions being made!

475.png
tisnotme wrote: »
I asked if there was going to be a Stream on Twitch today, and regretfully it sounds like it will be a no, opting to give more information the following week.
so are you saying we will get one next week with this comment
opting to give more information the following week

Believe, meant they prefer not to disclose such information at the moment.
Meaning they'll update us next week.
@CarnalCherry145 why should one play slayer?
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Serenade wrote: »
> @MidokuPasta said:
> I'm kind of thankful for these Gem creates, I bought 5 of them and ended up with 400k. Worth it to me anyways.

The boxes give 3k-20k in rubies and sapphires, or 750k-800k in emeralds and diamonds. It's literally impossible to hit ~400k with 5 boxes if that description is correct.

It is not imposible.

You get random numbers of amounts of jewels, EME only posted the minimum and maximum amount you can get 31 rubies, 27 sapphires, 321 emeralds... etch from each box you open.

Incorrect, 750-800 emeralds.

Edit:
Apologies, wrote without reading the other comments.
Naru2008 wrote: »
Xristosx wrote: »
While Gameforge actually logged on their characters and took screenshots, EME just decided to once again half [filtered] everything and steal a video from a youtube of someone showcasing the hair styles :+1:

What you have stated is not what occurred. The uploaded Youtube Videos showing the new Hair Styles were created and uploaded by us.

Edited : Nexon shared their videos with us to use.

Hey i love how your response as a EME employee is to immediately lie to everyone, that really makes people trust you, you know? Maybe stop treating us like idiots because we know more than you and you cant let stuff like this slide because we will call you out on bs. You guys only retract when you've been caught with your hands in the cookie jar.

7oXhuM8.png

OOOOORRRRRRRR......

Considering he's only just the LEAD PRODUCT SUPPORT MANAGER, he isn't 100% keyed into such information. If he's given something to do by someone higher up, and all he knows is someone higher up gave it to him, the first thing you'd assume is that it was from an inside source, and not an outside one. Then, when asked further about the information, told where the original source was.

Get off your high horse. Sheesh.

It was merely a joke, meant to be amusing.
Also, I'd recommend leveling the desired class to level 20+.
Doesn't take long and you'll have a general idea of the class, most likely being able to say if you like it or not.
At level 20 you'll also unlock Tera's first dungeon, Bastion of Lok.
T93TERMYNT wrote: »
ive decided to give tera a shot as most of the complaints about the game, arent really that big of a deal to me and the pros outweigh the cons.

ill be playing casually with my gf who is.... not the greatest gamer in history lol but she gets the basics.

with that in mind, i am undecided between warrior and slayer while she is undecided between archer, sorceress or if a healer is 100% required for duo gameplay then a priest as last option.

from what ive read warrior is both dps and tank and is difficult to play. im wondering how the dps and tank option works, do you basically pick one and get armor and skills etc specific to your choice or is the class balanced between dps and tanking and can do both options always? also what about groups, will i be forced to play as a tank cause thats what most mmorpgs miss in groups?

slayer? love big 2h swords in all games ive played but didnt find anything big about this class while googling. just a regular dps, bit on the lower ranks nowadays? is it an acceptable partner with a ranged duo partner?

as for ranged classes for my gf, is sorcerer valid for a new player? she likes them magic classes mainly but in most games those are the more difficult classes to play being super squishy and required a lot of macro to use combos. as for healer, is this required to duo grind/dungeon? how does priest do in regards to dmg? like in case she would go solo grinding, can they even do that or they just healbots like other mmorpgs?

final question offtopic: servers? pvp enabled servers are said to have more population from what i read but how does it work in regards to pking? we gonna get rekt 100x a day by trolls or is it just for late game to pvp over grind spots or wars?

Welcome to Tera.

Believe warrior has higher dps than slayer at the moment.
Warrior is also fun to play, albeit a bit ping dependent.
Unable to speak of slayer, as I do not have one myself.
Either is fine to partner with a ranged class.

Archer is a skill charge based class.
Similar to a sniper, in my opinion.
Sorcerer has a higher learning curve than archer, more skills as well.
If you plan to duo leveling dungeons at standard level, a healer might be required.
You're able to dps as a healer, running solo.
Damage will be far lower than a dps class, of course.

Recommend either MT (PvP) or TR (PvE).
PvP was changed to only be enabled at level 65.
You will not be PK'ed while leveling.

May I ask, why not a mystic?
Would be more effective as a duo party due to auras.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Maybe EME didn't saw what they did here... well, maybe they really know.

With this little cash shop item you can make now a good combo with other lootboxes. This new lootbox gives you gold and other lootboxes give you metamorphic emblems. With this a whale can reach up to SC +7 without the need of interact with other players and without the hassle of running content to get what they need.

With the current system you can force your way enchanting without getting item exp up to SC +7, obviously that would mean more money on cash shop items, as something that was done before but with the diference that now you don't need anything from other players. Metamorphic emblems gives you all materials needed up to SC +7 in addition with the posibility to buy gold from cash shop in a direct way then this make more people running less dungeons.

I really don't see how this benefits player base at all.

It does not.
Mostly benefit wales.
And, of course, EME's pocket.
I think this will make alot quit when this happen,unless they release new gear with it to boost item level alot will be stuck with teir 1 tailsmen, Since most get stuck at base frostmetal due to needing to craft they wont be able to get teir 2 or 3 cause full frost and daylight gear doesnt get you to 439 think you get stuck at 437 with full frost and daylight ear neck ring circlet,and superior brooch.

[url="
Music never gets old *cough* *cough* just a little... dusty.
kubitoid wrote: »
voidy wrote: »
I have a running hypothesis that the talent system was made by a guy who died or quit and didn't leave any notes about it, and that's why they can't give it to other versions. Why they'd balance their international game around something only one version has is beyond me, it's dumb.
maybe it was last will of that guy to keep it inside korea after his death?

Mockery:
"Do not... share... with the... foreign... devils..."
Suggest adding Rubies, Sapphires and Diamonds as a possible reward.
With a low chance, of course.

Shouldn't be overall pay to win, seeing how gems are already sold at the store.
Christin wrote: »
I love how some act like gold selling will kill the game while complaining that it will take away the incentive of free players to play. That whole bull about having to buy EMP from players so that they'll continue to play and add things to the market is just ridiculous. Right now, on my server, pretty much all cosmetics are controlled by about 4 people. You can do page-long arguments, but it doesn't change the facts. Those 4 people are able to control the broker, because they are the ones buying the EMP. The other cosmetics on the broker are from events and new players trying to sell items they bought with EMP. That's it. There isn't this imaginary network of free players buying up EMP and turning it into broker items. Free players on my server are usually just buying up the items listed by those 4 people. The only time those free players bother trying to buy EMP is when there are brand new items in the store, and they don't want to pay broker prices or when something is on sale and they can get it dirt cheap through buying up EMP. Either way, the EMP sellers are never on the good side of the deal. They often sell the EMP only to find out they could have earned way more gold by simply listing the items they purchased on the broker.

In a game like this, new players should never be expected to depend on other players for gold. It's a huge deterrent for new players. If gold were able to be purchased through the store, they wouldn't have to even bother with getting taken advantage of by those EMP buyers. There would be more people buying up broker items, and those 4 that control the brokerage wouldn't be able to get a steady supply of low priced store items through EMP selling like they do now. New players that want to spend money on the game should be encouraged to do so. Insead, they find that it's either buy store items with EMP or pay ridiculous amounts of EMP for gold to by an outfit no longer in the store. Of course, they realize what a racket the EMP buyers now have and leave the game. That isn't helping anyone.

Actually, I don't think you'd see a huge amount of inflation. Rather more players would be able to sell their items and be encouraged to buy sale items to sell on the broker at a later time. Now, we can't, because those 4 people controlling the brokerage constantly undercut new sellers. Since there isn't a lot of people spending gold for cosmetics now, new sellers end up unable to sell their items. Therefore, they keep dropping the price until one of the 4 people end up buying it to raise the price back up. It's a terrible system and only benefits free players bringing in loads of gold or market controllers able to swindle new players out of EMP.

BTW, shouldn't whales be independent? I mean that is pretty ridiculous to not only force them to financially support the game but to force them to support free players as well. It's not like the elitist free players are really helping the game. The ones I see really raking in the gold can't even be bothered to answer a couple questions on global. They don't help with dungeons, because they run their dungeons with the same group. They complain in global constantly about p2w and make fun of those actually spending money on the game. If anything, the elitist free players have really become toxic and have this attitude like they better be coddled to or else. The rest of the free players don't care so much and already most often leave the game after they have reached 65, because they realize leveling up their gear is way too much of a grind. They aren't worried much about the latest cosmetics from buying EMP, but they are having a tough time selling anything on the broker.

Oh and arguing that people not buying gems will slow down the market is so utterly ridiculous when the market will give face value of the gems. So people don't get a little bit extra. They'll sell to the NPC and move on. There is no merchant buying up gold talents, so that is a really bad comparison.

BTW, my previous post had nothing to do with loot boxes. Most of us don't even dare buy loot boxes, because if we end up getting something good, the free players will scream "P2W!" at us or tell everyone we are hacking to get good stuff. It's just not worth it.

Oh my, I didn't realize being a whale was so difficult.
I pity you, really.

People like you are the reason this system exists in the first place.
Instead of aiming for a bit of money from each player, they rather cater for the wales.
Xristosx wrote: »
What you have stated is not what occurred. The uploaded Youtube Videos showing the new Hair Styles were created and uploaded by us.
While Gameforge actually logged on their characters and took screenshots, EME just decided to once again half [filtered] everything and steal a video from a youtube of someone showcasing the hair styles :+1:

What you have stated is not what occurred. The uploaded Youtube Videos showing the new Hair Styles were created and uploaded by us.

Edited : Nexon shared their videos with us to use.

Hey i love how your response as a EME employee is to immediately lie to everyone, that really makes people trust you, you know? Maybe stop treating us like idiots because we know more than you and you cant let stuff like this slide because we will call you out on bs. You guys only retract when you've been caught with your hands in the cookie jar.

7oXhuM8.png

tenor.gif?itemid=5566554
ChakNense wrote: »
Just create an ULTRA P2W event like this "Federations Gems Crates"! How can Eme conceive something so stupid, favoring the one who has the most money, and spitting in the face of the other TERA players? I even imagine "that kid" who loves to talk dirty words and insult people in the global chat exploding with rage because Daddy and Mom do not want to give him $ 500 to buy Federations Gems Crates. I sincerely expected something from Eme, to try to improve their servers, but from what I see, the TERA NA is really dead, by unnecessary actions like this, and by the neglect to leave this game delivered to the flies. It pisses me off! Congratulations, you proved once again, what everyone already knew and said. R.I.P :#

kzLcKYJ.jpg
Pity, seems Tera is indeed moving to pay to win.
AxeI wrote: »
@MistyTera Please, just stop. This thread could've possibly served as means for EME to understand our PoV but you're being extremely childish.

If you check their post history, you'll notice they're PhoenixKiss? Or something of the sort.
Recommend, don't bother replying to them.
Unsure if this was mentioned before in this thread.
However, EME will never be able to fully endorse the use of the DPS meter due to ToS.
The desired reply of "It's fine, you can use it." from EME will never be achieved.
Anotsu wrote: »
ElinLove wrote: »
Anotsu wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Anotsu wrote: »
The question is whether EME will go through the hassle of getting the same optimisation KTERA has implemented here as well.

That's up to BHS.

As in forwarding the message to them, of course.

Probably already done and repeated countless times. But we know how BHS loves just showing the middle finger instead

Probably? It would be nice to know if they did that tho.
That is why these kind of threads appear time after time because this an ongoing issue since forever, and I don't recall any response from EME about the matter, at least through the past year.
I just hope to see a response from EME such as "We will forward the message to BHS". Of course get updated about the matter as well, if it's gonna happen or not. The worst thing is sitting in the dark, and that's personally the thing that puts me off about EME the most.
Not like they're going to read this message and change anyway, whatever.

This issue was already reported to Bluehole, but no updates have been provided back to me about progress.

ZXrECbv.png
yhNCmeq.png
Basically?
Oh I'll snuff out the conspiracies - this week's patch/maintenance has nothing to do with Fashion Coupon shop updates. That can be done live while the servers are up with our GM Tool. The maintenance this week is going to patch some server crash issues.

See? I'm helpful!

gyMMPKJ.jpg

Vinyltails wrote: »
Until BHS changes how items are used (like potions/Nocts etc), using Any items like Nostrums or nocts will lag the game.

Also

>Last post was June 17 then jumps to Feb 18

>Nice Necro

True.
However, still an issue and it was kept on subject.
Dialoonia wrote: »
BHS will release a official DPS meter in 2018. They said it in a dev note back in 2017. Maybe it will come around summer or something

That would be nice, seeing how we already have a DPS meter of some sort on guardian legion.
Unfortunately, this bug(?) has been around for quite some time (since the start?)
Nothing EME can do, only BHS would be able to fix it.
It seems they have no desire to do so.
Closers system of unbind would be interesting.
51l1es4.png
Is that option marked?
hubbismol_by_rambonyankitty-dc37pvq.png

Valentine's Day gift for my boyfriend <3 We just became official today :3 He got me the cutest ring ever!!!

Beautiful art.
Hope you're both very happy.
Possibly BHS coding simulation?
JhKu1IF.gif
I think the money question should be set aside entirely. In a free-to-play game, everyone invests their time, and that time is what the game makers primarily ask you to invest. Time is a valuable investment. It's also the only thing that 90%+ of players will ever invest (very few will ever pay anthing monetarily). You don't have to spend money to be a customer or to have something at stake. And when people have invested their time in the game, it makes sense that they get upset when the service provided is not up to a standard they deem acceptable.

It's not like people who've spent a lot of money on this game therefore have "more right" to complain about the overall service (except, obviously, related to the specific things they paid for).
But similarly, it's not like people who have spent $0 on this game should just have to shut up and take whatever they can get (and be grateful!)

At the end of the day, people need to be constructive in their criticism and keep things in perspective, but how much money they have or haven't spent on TERA doesn't matter.

Fully agree.
However, difficult to keep being constructive when it feels like players are not heard at all.
Mockery, @ElinUsagi
da77382e2ea89ee03d087ebad8e205ac.jpg

Mockeries aside, I believe we pay not only for elite perks or the costumes we purchase, we pay to support the game itself.
As I said in the past, if you do not like how the game is being managed, why support it with your money?

For example, going to a restaurant you like the food.
The food is delicious, however, the customer service is poor.
Orders take too long, often come wrong.
Generally dislike the waitress' service.
You complain, but nothing is changed over time.
Would you return?
If you do, you're supporting them with your money, despite the poor customer service.
Is the delicious food worth it?

Apologies for the odd example.

At any rate, even with all the complaints regarding the events and poor management, if they launch a new costume players will purchase.
Margarethe wrote: »
Appearance changers can be used to modify the selected hair, as mentioned before.
A cheaper EMP item to dye the hair a different color would be nice though.

Appearance change vouchers are also used to change all of the sliders and facial features, not one simple palette switch. Which is why they will cost more EMP/$$.

Difficult to comprehend for you, I'm sure.

Perhaps you'd like to actually read and comprehend what others write before replying.
ElinLove wrote: »
Margarethe wrote: »
Appearance changers can be used to modify the selected hair, as mentioned before.
A cheaper EMP item to dye the hair a different color would be nice though.

Appearance change vouchers are also used to change all of the sliders and facial features, not one simple palette switch. Which is why they will cost more EMP/$$.

Difficult to comprehend for you, I'm sure.

Ain't that exactly what he/she said tho? Just in a different way.

Tho granted I would love to have some cheap hair changer voucher, as I usually don't want the color changed but the hair style itself different (every now and then I kinda wanted to see my Priest back with straight hair, but ain't paying for the appearance changer).
Guess this would be just an extension of the hair dye voucher, or on a technical level a subset of the appearance changer.

Thank you.
Appearance changers can be used to modify the selected hair, as mentioned before.
A cheaper EMP item to dye the hair a different color would be nice though.
I'd recommend focused, bitter, savage and carving/pounding for weapon.
Switched between carving and pounding a bit, no noticeable difference.
Preference, I believe.
Power crystals for accessories.
Wouldn't recommend a wrathful for Ghilieglade.
Break the shard with assistance from ToV.
Wound the tree with ToW.
Wrathful might be useful on IoD, I personally do not use it.
Haven't done Guardian content, therefore I wouldn't know.
Reminder, bitter does not stack with wrathful.
Assuming it were possible to change the rewards like this on the fly, the problem is that people who already hit the 500 BAM threshold (even after the change) wouldn't be rewarded retroactively. Some of those people would have had the earlier tier rewards, and some of them might not (if they only started tonight). So at this point... it's probably basically either leave it or kill it.

Basically like every other event they decided to change in progress.
Most likely unable to fix without being unfair with part of the players that participated.
Only able to make it worst, in my opinion.
NikuroTega wrote: »
Sateva wrote: »
Getting rid of all but one teir of the event kind of renders farming it pointless, at least make it lower than 500 if you're going to make us play the alts we can't afford to gear any more to farm this event. 100 seems fair given the situation.
Thank you for your honest feedback, though at this point, we're most likely going to stick with the 500 amount.
TERA's newest Producer @seandynamite was able to finish 500 in under an hour, so it seems like a reasonable amount for those who still want to finish their current progress.

Did he use Memeslash? :trollface:

Blank+_f2afd5d07fdb9519e16e09111ef4e0e7.png
Such as the Mongo event with copious amounts of superior innerwear at the start?
Mockery, it's clearly an ISP issue.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Margarethe wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Margarethe wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Obs wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
metagame wrote: »
using proxy as an argument is a really stupid idea, just saying

also theres a section in the forums dedicated entirely to suggestions that you unsurprisingly ignored

When did he used proxy as an argument?

"Unethical players already use unethical means to drop to this magic threshold so implementing an easier way to achieve this threshold for the ethical players would have no downside for the developers"

Then those using proxy are unethical players, good to know you already accept that fact.

Thread start!

Who was the one that brought proxy into this topic?

Why not fix the proxy issue then?
Either fix the issue or actually ban the players using it.
They're making players compelled to use it, if they wish to run end game.

This thread is not talking about prozy.

You are the one who brought proxy unnecesarily here.

The OP is talking about a consumable to make more easy for healers slaying runs.

Indeed.
The thread is not about that, even though it was implied.
@metagame mention it, you "unknowingly" asked.
@Obs replied, you decided to elaborate on it.
As did I regarding your comment.

Apologies @OP.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Margarethe wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Obs wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
metagame wrote: »
using proxy as an argument is a really stupid idea, just saying

also theres a section in the forums dedicated entirely to suggestions that you unsurprisingly ignored

When did he used proxy as an argument?

"Unethical players already use unethical means to drop to this magic threshold so implementing an easier way to achieve this threshold for the ethical players would have no downside for the developers"

Then those using proxy are unethical players, good to know you already accept that fact.

Thread start!

Who was the one that brought proxy into this topic?

Why not fix the proxy issue then?
Either fix the issue or actually ban the players using it.
They're making players compelled to use it, if they wish to run end game.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Obs wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
metagame wrote: »
using proxy as an argument is a really stupid idea, just saying

also theres a section in the forums dedicated entirely to suggestions that you unsurprisingly ignored

When did he used proxy as an argument?

"Unethical players already use unethical means to drop to this magic threshold so implementing an easier way to achieve this threshold for the ethical players would have no downside for the developers"

Then those using proxy are unethical players, good to know you already accept that fact.

Thread start!
AxeI wrote: »
Sadly this game takes any chance they can to shove people Elins down our throats. And it has turn into a bigger nuisance with the new loading screens.

Current loading screens are from the art contest.
Most of them are very well made, in my opinion.
AbstractCH wrote: »
The necro is real.

latest?cb=20150808154125
Remember to make it OP/Broken at launch, as usual.
ElinLove wrote: »
Ardire wrote: »
Margarethe wrote: »
Amused, seems we're unable to have a thread with a serious topic without someone starting an argument.
And people wonder why the forums are not taken seriously.

"someone"

it's ok you can say ElinLove and ElinUsagi

You can try to make me look like anything, but you can also just look at how did it start and what actually triggered a real argument on it.
Am I just supposed to take "Stop posting you stupid" quietly always? Could have moved into anything positive. But no, since it's those two Elin fanatics, gotta call them stupid and all why not.

Could very easily have disagreed with my view without downright kicking at it for no apparent reason just because I said "No, it's not THAT horrible as those screenshots, those were cherry picked to seem worse".

You can just read and see that "well, it was unnecessary" or post the snark for e-peen, no need to ask which one was chosen.

If you re-read your argument, you'll notice it is hardly because you're an "Elin Fanatic".
ElinLove wrote: »
AxeI wrote: »
ElinLove wrote: »
AxeI wrote: »
ElinLove wrote: »
AxeI wrote: »
Lapomko wrote: »
You are quite naive to think that eme doesn't know how the game works. They can easily go through their logs and figure out whois using it. So they wouldn't ban this guy with just a speculation.

At least I make people aware to think twice before posting their lag issue on forum. If you have nothing to hide you don't have to be scared in the first place..
The keyword in this guy post is "last week".

The only person that is naive in this post is you. EME CAN'T detect the tools you might know of unless 1) Someone is dumb enough to say it in chat 2) The individual is recorded doing x unethical thing.

If that was the case, 90% of the population would be banned by now.

Just... let the stupid meme die already. It wasn't funny nor made sense a year ago, it still doesn't.

Not a meme, its a fact.

y...yes brb turning off my 3rd parties cause I'm not on the 10% but luckily haven't gotten banned yet.

I love how you guys claim FACTS about percentages out of one's sphincter, but then try to ridicule others when they say their own stuff you don't agree with. Then, I'm the idiot, yeah sure.

I guess you don't know what figure of speech is.

Nah it's a stupid meme that was stupid back then and just gets worse. Let go of the 3rd party "witch hunt" (that never did happen).
No, it's not even a majority using any tools.

You do realize that by your own previous statement, your current statement is invalid?
What is your source for saying @AxeI statement is incorrect?
Amused, seems we're unable to have a thread with a serious topic without someone starting an argument.
And people wonder why the forums are not taken seriously.
Cyborq wrote: »
It did, thank you ever so much. Took like 5 repetitions of toggle on/toggle off. ^^

Can be closed.~

Working as intended.
No problem at all.
They release it, u complain.
They dont release it, u complain.

Might as well choose whichever that makes them money the most.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Believe, that is always their choice.
Lapomko wrote: »
You are quite naive to think that eme doesn't know how the game works. They can easily go through their logs and figure out whois using it. So they wouldn't ban this guy with just a speculation.

At least I make people aware to think twice before posting their lag issue on forum. If you have nothing to hide you don't have to be scared in the first place..
The keyword in this guy post is "last week".

You are quite naive to believe EME knows how the game works.
Even BHS doesn't seem to understand.
Or do you believe they let the 3rd party program issue get out of hand for fun?

It is called fear of a witch hunt, like you're doing right now.
Basically, if it didn't happen to yourself before, it must be a hack, correct?
If they start banning players due to .ini modifications, might as well close the game.

Also, I believe the word [filtered] is filtered.
Thus the misspelled title.
Melyodis wrote: »
@seandynamite they all want free stuff while you all don't make money on a f2p game think how many are ranting on the forums for double vg not even 20 players be patient same ones still ranting when they get something going and do the same top tier iod just funny. i'm a casual player just enjoying the game. seems like their a lot of children in here now.

Believe, most of the players are not active on the forums.
At least I hope, otherwise the game is already dead.
Reason I believe the forums are mostly a joke.
With the addition of discord, even discord is updated with information before the forums.
Or so it seems.

Could you define casual?
No offense, however, it most likely means you do not understand what the complaints are about.

Curious, what does the complaints have to do with money?
Gear isn't sold on the cash shop.
It is a gear progression related complaint, I believe.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
.
ElinLove wrote: »
Can I snap already about the whole K-TERA, NA EU comparison?
I mean we don't have a temporary creation Elin Gunner, nor we have talents

But more importan is "We don't have Alice dress" and the Nexon exclusive costume for K-Tera.

u_u

Due to the skirt glitch.
Unlike we have Elin degrading costumes like develicious and some swimsuits.
Or a pathetic excuse for a "Flight Suit" with a string on her butt.
Oh, never mind, we do.

Curious, wonder what the real reason is.
The skirt glitch seems rather weak of an excuse.
kubitoid wrote: »
gaem is fine

NFpL6Er.png
You may correct me, but Popori are made from wild animals by Elins (NA/EU version. Also in KTera?).

Why are Popori not mass produced then? One would domesticate them like e.g. wild deers in a certain area with close control to have a mass production running. Even if that is too complicated, you just force replicate/clone the wild animals.
You then train them in warfare and have a nearly unlimited amount of cannon fodder. Here we go with the Clone Wars.

a901786200722247c87c1a0f82d5e89edc350c35_hq.jpg
164b7f86bb8dca99ac3ff45841b6bcb7dc61ad4fb5ec965eb91e4950c3dacb92.jpg
Mockery, lag doesn't exist on Tera.
It must be your ISP and/or PC.
The servers are the pinnacle of evolution.
Screenshot and report the player(s) via support ticket.
Amused, almost six months later?
Hope they found a guild previously
Otherwise most likely switched to another server or left the game entirely.
We require a CM with the same passion for their job as we have for the game.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
.
A CM that has some knowledge of the game would be a good start. A CM that analyzes the events rewards to not have a big impact in the economy of the game. Also, some pvp championships in bgs such as fwc and 3's. Last of all, more pve content, I dont know if we gonna have it, but i wish we had DSU like EU.

Recycled DSU (3 times) and people don't get bored of that? Really?

And for some reason you see people complaining the game is monotonous but want to run the same content again and again anyway.

It's not about monotonous content, it's about monotonous EASY content. Just look at RG, it's more rewarding for time spent than RKEM, and yet I still see more RKEM LFG's than RG. Same goes for IoD before talent prices got destroyed by the p2w event. People love a challenge, even if it's a recycled Dreadspire, as long as it's challenging and has a fitting reward, people will like it.

PS. Just because you'd never clear it doesn't meant others can't appreciate it.

Cleared enought to be bored of it but that is not about the thread so I won't derail it anymore and convert it into a flame war as you try to bait me.

Monotonous content is monotonous content.

A CM would need first to work on forums first to get rid of people that can't discuss something without trying to bait other into a useless bickering.

Right now you have not only RG as a content in the game, not becuase you can't clear 3, 4 and 5 star dungeons, 6 diferent battlegrounds, CU, HH, and all the Solo content that we have it doesn't mean others can't appreciate it.

No offense, but you do that from time to time as well.
f3ck4r wrote: »
TR is the most active server.

Believe, both MT and TR are active.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Soloed a couple of bams from Guardian missions and it looks like it is capped to 3 jewel boxes at most what you can get from them, killem them both and got 6 jewels boxes, 3 per bam.

So as I said, the faster you kill the bam and join another guardian mission the most jewel boxes in the less time you will get. So spending 5 minutes to kill one bam will only mean you are undergeared or you really suck with your character.

aa6.png
Caramay wrote: »
There are still players AFK in Highwatch and it is busy at times. At last people have activities they can do. I've never had too many problems looking for groups or IM'ing except for battlegrounds.

Reminder, instance match is cross-server.
CornishRex wrote: »
Arwen wrote: »
Expect the worst nerf yet to come, as on NA is patch 63 while on EU is patch 64 and there I'm already struggling with the [filtered] 5 mins vow and a 15 mins CD (6 mins CD with all the cdr's possible (included the superior noct)). Everytime I die and i know i did vow i'm wondering why the [filtered] I don't have res....
Worst nerf ever in this game in all the years I've been playing. GG Tera.

Yeah, this is ridiculous. It really had made playing mystic not fun at all...and when my group that I static with is learning content, we have to continuously start over now :/ They need to put it back how it was.

It's almost as if mystics are supposed to be the harder healer to play with a bigger reward to the party or something...

According to what I read in another thread previously, the cooldown is supposed to be lowered by the talent system, making the actual effect time longer than the cooldown.

Otherwise, tank/dps' will learn with a priest and later switch to a mystic.
Believe, understand your feeling.
Wish you luck on your search.
I don't know what kind of healers you run into, but I get either first, or second/third if I there is a good dps around. Literally only consumable I'm using is like a nostrum and maybe a normal bravery, not even a strong one. I can promise you, the contribution point generation on a healer is actually pretty ridiculous.

If you think about it though, how many healer actually dps on their healer? Half of them doesn't even know how to make use of their dps glyphs and crystals, especially if they only play a heal, they'd have to spend some time and get into the mentality of watching every cd, prioritizing their good combos, make full use of glyphs and effectively chasing back.

c28da874990e15c85b506ef6d660d9af.png
but again im pretty gear carried lol

If you have high ping, your basic combo on both heal classes will usually have a slow cast due to skills not chaining properly.
Metamorphic Blast -> Final Reprisal.
Metaphoric Blast -> Metaphoric Smite.
Annoying experience.
Unfortunately, EME refuses to acknowledge the server population issues.
mewsu wrote: »
hello! i think you posted in the wrong section~o3o

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/categories/guild-recruitment

Unsure.
That part of the forum is supposedly retired.
You're unable to unlearn skills.
Have you tried disabling default chains?
You will keep the reward tier and points.
Uptown wrote: »
Where is the new content? Max level has been level 65 for how many years now? All we have been receiving are half-assed updates with new gear and recycled content. What causes a publisher to be this [filtered] at running a game? The story line isn't finished, the crafting system is a joke, instances are recycled patch by patch, cash grab events that basically say "FU" to the players (this past christmas event), massive rng events that encourage pay to win, mass banning players without evidence, twitch streams based around giving out codes, the decision to create a console version of Tera when the PC version is drowning (which is causing it to die even faster)....

The answer has been here the whole time.. they will keep Tera servers open until it stops being profitable, but screw anyone who thinks Tera is going to get new content, just open your wallet and let us treat you like crap. - bhs

cAExkQY.jpg
Why have these forums as well?
Nothing is updated here or it is updated too late.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Blerg wrote: »
NiskyDU wrote: »
Tera on PS4 goes like my 4 year old PC.
If we have to be honest, a 45GB beta schould be running a bit better than that. (Monster Hunter World Beta are 5.5GB and runs like hell!!)
I understand that it is a test... but to play it like that i will not recomend it.
Also it is graphicly not so “fine” like a PC (ok... the hardwear of them can be optimice to the game) and also needs a lot to load enviorment and enemis.

Lets hope that enmasse will fix al that and make the game so playfull like it is on PC.

PS: i’m a big Tera fan, so i really hope that it will be fix before realises the official game!!
PS4 is 4 years old and Tera is a poorly optimized game to begin with. Don't get your hopes up.

You can play Tera with a 6 years old PC. So?

Mockery, rare photo of a caveman playing Tera on his iRock
caveman-logo.png
*Chuckle*
Odd.
The visual effect was removed on the Arsenal update.
tera.enmasse.com/news-page/patch-notes/patch-v610301-arsenal

"Soul Reversal
1. Multiple reapers may now target the same boss
2. Removed chain graphic effects on target"
Ammutseba wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
NikuroTega wrote: »
Wew! I managed to get 2 diamond jackpots from 800 keys. Ty for the event!

If that was the only you got from 800 keys then you lose a quite amount of gold you could made from selling them.

I think this point is what a lot of people are missing about the strongboxes. The jackpot rate is so abysmally low, you're better off selling the keys off to people who want to gamble. 2 diamond jackpots out of 800 tries is terrible (0.25% odds?). If the keys were sold, then you could have made about $800,000. $800,000/$12,000 = 66 diamonds. For P2W people, 800 keys would be at least $470 if I'm doing my math correctly.

Of course, this logic can be applied to any loot boxes. Which is why I refuse to waste my time and money on them.

Agreed, usually more profitable selling the keys than using them.
PrincessV wrote: »
lmfao gosh ppl, just count how many of you pathetic losers were correcting me on a fkin quote i wrote offhandedly for sakimi instead of saying "oh guess what there are actually ppl dumb enough to pay w/e we asked for our [filtered] art" LMFAO!!!!!! u ppl are DA BEST!!!!!

there are, as i saw, quite a number of ppl with good attitude i give you that. keep workin'. i hope you enjoy what you do at least.

ps. 200, 2000, i don't even give a [filtered] cus it doesn't really make a difference to me. if you have a name you think worth lookin at, just shoot. (=

Perhaps it might be best to keep your opinions to yourself?
Seeing how unnecessarily disrespectful you are.
@mewsu
Gorgeous art as usual.
Good luck in your future endeavors.
Jerichow wrote: »
@OP - Welcome back, sorry about some of the industrial-level salt-mines above... This game has seen better days and it's wearing on the people who are trying to stick with it.

CornishRex did a good job answering the questions you had, and I'll +1 all of them. As a Lancer main, I'll tell you it gets night-and-day better when you hit level cap. You go from a slower-hitting wall of armor to frontal-DPS with a lot of party buffs and that glorious active block ability. I don't play this game too much lately - mostly due to burn-out from the lack of content again, but when I do come back, I pretty much just run my Lancer.

The gear revamp is pretty good, you'll be able to get GearXP by playing the game which increases your enchant/upgrade chances to 100% until you hit Frostmetal (third tier) armor, where as even after getting to 100% GearXP, you get at best a 60% success chance. The chances are nicer than before, but upgrade costs are astronomical now compared to previous patches, often being several thousand worth of actual gold and materials per roll now. It definitely gives incentive to taking your time and saving your money.

My best advice if you're coming back is just to not take things too seriously, and just play the game casually to have fun. This game and EME have their issues right now, namely the void of content for the current patch, and EME having staffing and communication issues despite Tera being arguably their best/most popular game. Play it to enjoy the combat system and hang out with a guild if you can find an active one. The next big patch will be pretty significant, but it's months away still, so if you do come back, you'll have some time to get geared up for when it drops.

Either way, welcome back, hope you have a good time with Tera again.

Excuse myself, they asked for points of view.
Not all points of view are sugar, if you'd like to place it that way.

Amused, most of the questions asked by new players and returning players alike can be answered by reading recent topics on the forums.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Margarethe wrote: »
Shinamy wrote: »
Don't worry eme will put the solution into a loot box
:P

Kurumi_evil_laugh.gif

Mind to share the source of the pic? :3

Date a Live.
Shinamy wrote: »
Don't worry eme will put the solution into a loot box
:P

Kurumi_evil_laugh.gif
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Dvsv wrote: »
You see all these red lines? They're packet losses, that's the huge issue.
It's not only about ping.
Btw hop 9 (213.140.55.222) is probably a datacenter or backbone on Miami owned by "Telefonica Global Solutions" ("Spanish multinational broadband and telecommunications provider with operations in Europe, Asia, and North, Central and South America") .
If this is the fault node, then how can somebody escalate this issue if everything beside Tera work just fine?

Nope, the IP works like coordinates, you can find out each IP location and see how your data is being routed before it reachs its destiny.

At that point you are out side from NA still. Hops 6, 7, 8 and 9 are from Spain. 5 is from Brazil.

But now that you have brought the info about that company then you have make it clear that is not an issue from EME at all.

How convenient that it always changes after maintenance, is it not?
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Dvsv wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Dvsv wrote: »
With this garbage routing, prob a lot of overseas players can't play Tera anymore without paying for a VPN now!

https://imgur.com/a/7LzKz

bkRvRhS.jpg

Btw it was fine till november rkh patch (or when you guys changed back to zayo idk) and every website and game on US beside Tera is working fine rn..

You began having spikes even before your data had leave EU.

You can follow how your data is routed and see how you are above 200ms even when you are still on EU.

I'm from South America (Brazil) and the problem happens only with the routing inside US as you can see on hop 9.

And that's what happens if i change NA routing with a vpn like mudfish:

u9UF5ms.jpg

Now it seems a lot of ppl all arround the globe got similar problem.
There's something very wrong with NA Tera routing for overseas players.

For some reason in the other picture you posted you were routed throught EU (the hop 9 has an ip from Spain).

Same thing for other people from Brazil that I know, their data reach NA but for some reason it get routed to EU and then come back again to NA.

The last one you have posted you don't get that issue and you have a lower ping, not a great improvement but -50ms are better than nothing.

The issue is not only from overseas, some people inside the US have about 200 ms before they reach Tera servers and if you follow their route mapping you can clearly see how they are traveling in a weird way.

EME could pay the to get thier players from NA a better routing but I am not sure if it would be worth at this point. That is something EME should have done since they brought Tera to this region. Doing that right now would be to invest a lot of resourses and maybe not being able to get the investment back.

Better they keep milking the player base?
In a proper business you should invest to profit.
Not only profit.
ElinLove wrote: »
Margarethe wrote: »
The game had no improvements after you left.
Aside from the gear changes, I suppose.

Personal advice, leave before you're addicted to the combat system again.

In other words too: Leave before you start having fun?

Before you're stuck in a dying game with poor management.
They were already playing Tera before, they left for a reason.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Dvsv wrote: »
With this garbage routing, prob a lot of overseas players can't play Tera anymore without paying for a VPN now!

https://imgur.com/a/7LzKz

bkRvRhS.jpg

Btw it was fine till november rkh patch (or when you guys changed back to zayo idk) and every website and game on US beside Tera is working fine rn..

You began having spikes even before your data had leave EU.

You can follow how your data is routed and see how you are above 200ms even when you are still on EU.

EU?
And happen to players in multiple regions right after maintenance?
The routing was changed, or something of the sort.
Inaishi wrote: »
cmUGqY2.png

I'm not in North America, this topic does not help me at all
@CobaltDragon

You can still send it, should be looked into.
Like I mention before in another thread, they do accept money from other regions (including payment methods).

@CobaltDragon
May I suggest that thread is edited?
Or should only NA players send the diags?
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Margarethe wrote: »
Anyone else had their ping raised by 100ms or so after maintenance?
Having random 700-800ms spikes as well.

4 hours for this?

My ping has been better than the last 2 weeks

80 ms for one hour vs 112-130 I had before.

4zhww4V.png

Nice.

Can you guys actually have all players able to play properly (or close to properly) without [filtered] the others?
Either you guys switch routing to help some and screw the others or vice-versa.
You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.