TERA Online forum archive
Posts by MargaretRose

What a marvelous "new" launcher we got.

@Christin said:
At least the thread title clearly describes this thread, so good job OP.

It's not that people can't pay, they just don't want to pay. So, instead, they'll gripe about the loot boxes even existing in the first place, because heaven forbid someone out there is actually interested in paying for something.

I see all of these posts complaining about this or that, but then what? So you event your way to level 70 in a day or two, and then what? So you get HO+3 gear and fully upgraded accessories, but then what?

If you all got to level 70 and enchanting gear was easy, you'd be right in here complaining about how easy everything is. There are so many level 70 players now with fully upgraded everything to make me think it's really not as tough as everyone says it is.

They've dumped loads of talents into the economy from lootbox and other events. If they want to offer up solutions for the people that simply want to pay cash for stuff, good for them. They aren't a charity, and it's not their responsibility to make everything easy for people that refuse to pay for anything. If you don't want to pay, you surely don't have to but expect to grind. Last I checked EME is not a non-profit, so expect to see more lootboxes and more ways for people to throw their cash at the game. This game isn't focused on PVP, so them paying to gear up shouldn't really affect anyone else.

Shall we follow your own logic?
Was not aware Gameforge was non-profit.

@SageWindu said:
@Erazus
That happened JUST RECENTLY. Around this time last year, there were many, many people clamoring about the shortage of talents outside of grinding your socks off in IoD.

So what did EME do? They dropped a friggin' LOOTBOX in the store. This happened last year, well before any "OW boss" or caiman events, and people were NOT happy about that (I mean, to be fair, it might've been a coincidence, but the timing couldn't have been worse).

Well, the forums weren't happy. We all know what happened in the game proper.

@voidy said:
This has been the trend for years. Korea rolls out some grindy garbage content that nobody wants. EU makes events and longterm changes to their game to mitigate it so their players don't leave. NA just sits there. Or does like, a weekend event at best. Look at how both regions handled the golden/silver talents shortage. EU made it so that every dungeon was a source of talents. NA just sat there. Now here we are with the leveling system.

inb4 thread gets locked by a volunteer sheriff who arbitrarily deems it offensive

Actually, regarding the talents, EME waited to later greedily add them to the cash shop on loot boxes.


Honestly, a server merge won't fix TERA in it's current state.


Sorry, I don't think so.

Could have updated the engine to Unreal 4 and made it 64 bits.
Instead we'll have AIR, which doesn't have TERA's combat system.
One of the main parts that made TERA successful.
BHS is an odd company.

@counterpoint said:
I've definitely been getting the daily EMP here -- it resets daily at 5pm PDT.

If you contact them, they do have a log of every time the EMP is added, so they should be able to validate it with you.

Just to confirm of the two bugs I know about Elite at the moment:
- There's a bug with the Elite mount where you have to go back to character select and back in for it to work
- On some characters after the update, the Elite Perks window is hidden by default. To have it appear again, you have to press the P button on the right-side of the Skills bar (which is the normal way to toggle the window on and off).

Are there any other bugs?

Also, these bugs are both on NA and EU.
It's not exclusive to NA.

@StarSprite said:
Eme just posted on discord that it's now active.

"The gift with EMP bundle is active now. The first time you purchase EMP for TERA from about 10:00 am this morning until the promotion ends on Sept 17, you should get the bundle listed on this page: https://store.enmasse.com/back-to-school
If you don't get the bundle within a few hours after your purchase, please submit a support ticket so we can track down the issue."

Seems it is confirmed the forums are kept up to date by the player council.

@Christin said:

@counterpoint said:

@DoctorDemento said:
And the calendar continues to be broken. yes the exploiters are asshats who need to be caught and banned. But that said here are the facts. I have degree in computer science. I have 3 certs in programming. I am a retired network engineer who owned a ISP (internet service provider) here in the US for 8 years. I also did the IT work for it. I've even built servers for corps worldwide and one for NASA. And as a FACT of programming, they could have fixed this years ago and could fix it today. I want to make it perfectly clear, that is NOT my opinion. That is a matter of fact by programming standards. If they want to fix it. And yes the multiple publishers with different standards does not help the problem at all. I have been here for many years and knew back in the day if they didn't fix it, it would continue to compound into a larger problem and it has. And will continue to do so until they fix it. End of story.

You don't need this appeal to authority to assert that software bugs can be fixed -- that's obvious. But as I've explained, even if they had fixed the known bug years ago, there was a second bug that was previously undisclosed that still could have caused this same exploit anyway (and this second bug contributed to making the severity of the first bug much, much higher than previously estimated). It's easy to sit here in hindsight and say that they should have seen the second bug coming, but there's no direct causality there. Maybe a full security audit of the code to look for vulnerabilities would have caught it, perhaps. (I've often said that BHS need to be trained on the age-old adage "Never trust the Client.")

At the end of the day, the calendar may never be fixed. They may just decide to deprecate the whole thing and tell the publisher to use something else to give daily rewards -- such as daily parcels or the consecutive login reward event. Due to changing staff and competing priorities, sometimes bugs just are never fixed and features abandoned entirely.

Plus, once they find a way to exploit something, they'll just keep creating work arounds every time there is a fix. The junk in the calendar simply isn't worth the fuss. The only thing I really liked were the stacks of 25fc. If they'd increase the fc drop rate even a bit, that would help making up for the lost fc from the calendar.

@MargaretRose said:

@Christin said:

@MargaretRose said:

@Christin said:

@CornishRex said:

@Christin said:

@CornishRex said:

@counterpoint said:

@Christin said:

@counterpoint said:

@DoctorDemento said:
Well it is still broken. Can't even see the daily rewards. So NOT FIXED. Imagine that. They love to take weeks or months or not at all to fix broken stuff. After years and years of this kind of stuff, it still annoys me when it happens.

Yes, right now it is purposefully turned off. When there's an update, I'm sure they'll post about it, but it'll remain off for the indefinite future. It's not instead, but there is still a cumulative login event running right now where you can get rewards each day.

And yes, these sorts of unfixed bugs annoy me (time zone bug with the calendar was a particular pet peeve), but the selfish actions that required it to be shut down completely (and a bunch of fashion coupon items removed) annoy me a lot more.

Really? Selfish actions? It's not like they used some type of script or exploit. From what I hear, it was a you could keep clicking kind of thing. Blaming those types of issues on players is just sad. Everything all fine for them script fisher people, but shame on you extra clickers for being such a greedy bunch. Such hypocrisy.

Just FWIW, you heard wrong. It wasn't "keep clicking" by any stretch of the imagination; it was quite literally an exploit script. That some people are claiming that's what it was means they either a) don't know what was really happening, or b) are trying to justify something that would get them banned in any MMO in existence and are arguing in very bad faith.

It was not just an exploit script. Calendar dupe bug has been known for ages and I used to do it unknowingly, all it takes is for you to lag and click multiple times on the calendar out of frustration when the item doesn't pop up and there you have it, multiple items. Since I played with high ping this would happen often lol. GM's have been alerted like a couple of years ago, most regions don't even use the calendar for rewards but eme still does despite knowing about the bug. I'm sure someone made a script to make it more severe and impactful but it's easily reproducible by just lagging.

Apparently, the exploit they are referring to is much more than the extra click lag glitch. Although the lag glitch does represent how desperate some are for FASHION COUPONS as I doubt people were trying to quick click for any of that other stuff.

It was pretty much click glitch gone horribly terribly wrong because people knew it was exploitable and eme did nothing before the script was made which they could've, since they did know about it and all...
I heard people were getting fashion coupons cause you could exchange for a certain reaper item that would dismantle into those new coins and you could get valuable costumes with it.

People complained that EME didn't open up that coin shop, but this is what happens when they do. Gotta wonder if they'll start wondering if it even pays to do anything nice for us anymore, cause so many find exploits around so much these days. Honestly, I could never imagine being so into a game that I would work so hard to exploit and take advantage of it.

Amused.
Do not believe launching the same feature other regions got is doing "anything nice for us".
The calendar exploit and issues has been around for years. Why wasn't that addressed before?
That could be debatable if they made a special event for our region and it was exploited.

However, of course, let's place the blame on the exploiters.
Every time poor EME tries to do something nice for their players the exploiters ruin it.
Guess they shouldn't bother doing anything anymore.

Thanks for supporting my point. Not sure why people using exploits get so bumhurt when their desperation and hypocrisy is addressed. I mean who should we place blame on? The exploiters that create and support these type of exploits or an under-staffed publishing company just trying to keep a game afloat? Instead of making improvements to the game, they gotta police it cause so many act like a bunch of spoiled brats. Sorry if the truth hurts, but more often than not, it's those same exploiters that cry most when they don't get something they want in game.

Was not aware those that disagree with yourself are automatically exploiters.
If BHS/EME actually made improvements to the game a few years ago, we wouldn't be in the current situation.
Not saying the exploiters aren't to blame, simply saying BHS/EME shares part of the blame as well.

Not going to get into who is and who isn't using exploits, but when your comment pretty much implies that the cheaters are simply not to blame and making numerous excuses for them, you're really making things a bit too obvious.

Blaming a publisher over people abusing glitches and exploits is beyond ridiculous. People sit there and take the time to find exploits and abuse them. That's like blaming the old lady, because she didn't hold her purse tight enough so the thief was able to run off with it. It's a bit to silly to say that the exploiters are justified all because the code allows for exploitation. Exploiters are to blame, because it's their fault that prizes and other rewards get taken away or not bothered with in the first place. They already punished all of us by seriously nerfing legion spawn times over bots. How long before we all end up punished over the fishing scripters and fishing is removed or seriously nerfed? It really is a handful of spoiled brats trying to ruin everything then crying like babies that dungeons won't pop and repeating over and over the game is dead. No doubt the exploiters will be the ones spamming the forum with demands for more fc shop updates and for the removed items to be returned.

Is that so?
By that logic, perhaps you're the one using exploits and trying to look innocent.
Since you're indirectly accusing multiple players on different threads.

And the exploiters were allegedly banned.
I already gave my point of view and you gave yours.
Considering your last few comments on multiple threads, let's agree to disagree and move on.

Also, now players asking for more FC shop updates are also exploiters?

Perhaps add FC to dungeons loot table like at EU?

@Christin said:

@MargaretRose said:

@Christin said:

@CornishRex said:

@Christin said:

@CornishRex said:

@counterpoint said:

@Christin said:

@counterpoint said:

@DoctorDemento said:
Well it is still broken. Can't even see the daily rewards. So NOT FIXED. Imagine that. They love to take weeks or months or not at all to fix broken stuff. After years and years of this kind of stuff, it still annoys me when it happens.

Yes, right now it is purposefully turned off. When there's an update, I'm sure they'll post about it, but it'll remain off for the indefinite future. It's not instead, but there is still a cumulative login event running right now where you can get rewards each day.

And yes, these sorts of unfixed bugs annoy me (time zone bug with the calendar was a particular pet peeve), but the selfish actions that required it to be shut down completely (and a bunch of fashion coupon items removed) annoy me a lot more.

Really? Selfish actions? It's not like they used some type of script or exploit. From what I hear, it was a you could keep clicking kind of thing. Blaming those types of issues on players is just sad. Everything all fine for them script fisher people, but shame on you extra clickers for being such a greedy bunch. Such hypocrisy.

Just FWIW, you heard wrong. It wasn't "keep clicking" by any stretch of the imagination; it was quite literally an exploit script. That some people are claiming that's what it was means they either a) don't know what was really happening, or b) are trying to justify something that would get them banned in any MMO in existence and are arguing in very bad faith.

It was not just an exploit script. Calendar dupe bug has been known for ages and I used to do it unknowingly, all it takes is for you to lag and click multiple times on the calendar out of frustration when the item doesn't pop up and there you have it, multiple items. Since I played with high ping this would happen often lol. GM's have been alerted like a couple of years ago, most regions don't even use the calendar for rewards but eme still does despite knowing about the bug. I'm sure someone made a script to make it more severe and impactful but it's easily reproducible by just lagging.

Apparently, the exploit they are referring to is much more than the extra click lag glitch. Although the lag glitch does represent how desperate some are for FASHION COUPONS as I doubt people were trying to quick click for any of that other stuff.

It was pretty much click glitch gone horribly terribly wrong because people knew it was exploitable and eme did nothing before the script was made which they could've, since they did know about it and all...
I heard people were getting fashion coupons cause you could exchange for a certain reaper item that would dismantle into those new coins and you could get valuable costumes with it.

People complained that EME didn't open up that coin shop, but this is what happens when they do. Gotta wonder if they'll start wondering if it even pays to do anything nice for us anymore, cause so many find exploits around so much these days. Honestly, I could never imagine being so into a game that I would work so hard to exploit and take advantage of it.

Amused.
Do not believe launching the same feature other regions got is doing "anything nice for us".
The calendar exploit and issues has been around for years. Why wasn't that addressed before?
That could be debatable if they made a special event for our region and it was exploited.

However, of course, let's place the blame on the exploiters.
Every time poor EME tries to do something nice for their players the exploiters ruin it.
Guess they shouldn't bother doing anything anymore.

Thanks for supporting my point. Not sure why people using exploits get so bumhurt when their desperation and hypocrisy is addressed. I mean who should we place blame on? The exploiters that create and support these type of exploits or an under-staffed publishing company just trying to keep a game afloat? Instead of making improvements to the game, they gotta police it cause so many act like a bunch of spoiled brats. Sorry if the truth hurts, but more often than not, it's those same exploiters that cry most when they don't get something they want in game.

Was not aware those that disagree with yourself are automatically exploiters.
If BHS/EME actually made improvements to the game a few years ago, we wouldn't be in the current situation.
Not saying the exploiters aren't to blame, simply saying BHS/EME shares part of the blame as well.

@counterpoint said:

@MargaretRose said:
The calendar exploit and issues has been around for years. Why wasn't that addressed before?

As I mentioned above, the primary issue here (why it was so bad) involves a second additional bug/exploit that is tangentially related to (but not dependent on) the long-known one. So even if the first issue had been addressed before, this new issue could still have surfaced and resulted in the same problem. It's not so simple as blaming the fact that a known issue had not yet been fixed.

However, of course, let's place the blame on the exploiters.
Every time poor EME tries to do something nice for their players the exploiters ruin it.
Guess they shouldn't bother doing anything anymore.

Both can be simultaneously true. Yes, the known portion of the exploit should have been dealt with sooner and who knows -- if it had, maybe the second wouldn't have been found. But also, yes, the exploiters and their excessive greed are at fault too; they knew what they did in combining these two exploits the way they did was crossing every ethical line, and they in every way deserve the ban (and indeed, some of them were doing it purely to watch the world burn).

As for the rest, this FC update only finally happened because a group of staff and non-staff worked a lot of extra hours to get this done even though it was not in any way required. It could literally have never happened and just ended as a long-ago promise dropped and forgotten (and for a long time I worried that would be the case, although I kept asking). So you don't have to be appreciative, but you could at least not be so endlessly cynical about it all. This was a genuine attempt to do something good, even if you think it was something you were "owed." I think our fashion coupon store has the largest selection of any region now, even more than EU or K-TERA, and at least that's something.

Believe you are mistaken, as I haven't mentioned the FC update.
I was talking about the new coins shop, which was @Christin subject.

@Christin said:

@CornishRex said:

@Christin said:

@CornishRex said:

@counterpoint said:

@Christin said:

@counterpoint said:

@DoctorDemento said:
Well it is still broken. Can't even see the daily rewards. So NOT FIXED. Imagine that. They love to take weeks or months or not at all to fix broken stuff. After years and years of this kind of stuff, it still annoys me when it happens.

Yes, right now it is purposefully turned off. When there's an update, I'm sure they'll post about it, but it'll remain off for the indefinite future. It's not instead, but there is still a cumulative login event running right now where you can get rewards each day.

And yes, these sorts of unfixed bugs annoy me (time zone bug with the calendar was a particular pet peeve), but the selfish actions that required it to be shut down completely (and a bunch of fashion coupon items removed) annoy me a lot more.

Really? Selfish actions? It's not like they used some type of script or exploit. From what I hear, it was a you could keep clicking kind of thing. Blaming those types of issues on players is just sad. Everything all fine for them script fisher people, but shame on you extra clickers for being such a greedy bunch. Such hypocrisy.

Just FWIW, you heard wrong. It wasn't "keep clicking" by any stretch of the imagination; it was quite literally an exploit script. That some people are claiming that's what it was means they either a) don't know what was really happening, or b) are trying to justify something that would get them banned in any MMO in existence and are arguing in very bad faith.

It was not just an exploit script. Calendar dupe bug has been known for ages and I used to do it unknowingly, all it takes is for you to lag and click multiple times on the calendar out of frustration when the item doesn't pop up and there you have it, multiple items. Since I played with high ping this would happen often lol. GM's have been alerted like a couple of years ago, most regions don't even use the calendar for rewards but eme still does despite knowing about the bug. I'm sure someone made a script to make it more severe and impactful but it's easily reproducible by just lagging.

Apparently, the exploit they are referring to is much more than the extra click lag glitch. Although the lag glitch does represent how desperate some are for FASHION COUPONS as I doubt people were trying to quick click for any of that other stuff.

It was pretty much click glitch gone horribly terribly wrong because people knew it was exploitable and eme did nothing before the script was made which they could've, since they did know about it and all...
I heard people were getting fashion coupons cause you could exchange for a certain reaper item that would dismantle into those new coins and you could get valuable costumes with it.

People complained that EME didn't open up that coin shop, but this is what happens when they do. Gotta wonder if they'll start wondering if it even pays to do anything nice for us anymore, cause so many find exploits around so much these days. Honestly, I could never imagine being so into a game that I would work so hard to exploit and take advantage of it.

Amused.
Do not believe launching the same feature other regions got is doing "anything nice for us".
The calendar exploit and issues has been around for years. Why wasn't that addressed before?
That could be debatable if they made a special event for our region and it was exploited.

However, of course, let's place the blame on the exploiters.
Every time poor EME tries to do something nice for their players the exploiters ruin it.
Guess they shouldn't bother doing anything anymore.

@UsagiFF said:

@StarSprite said:
On discord they said they are aware and are working on a fix.

Why dont they close the forums then?

It looks like forums are no more in their best interest and the only replies we get are from PC to tell us what EME said on Discord.

Agreed.

@Zoknahal said:

The Imperator axe seems to share the same base model as the rogue/shadowlaced axe.

@counterpoint said:

@UsagiFF said:
What about this: Move servers location, make one for East coast and another for West coast. This will allow all players have better ping acordingly with the server location they are playing. And give free transfers with all assets included for a time window of a month at least.

This would be objectively worse because people from the two servers couldn't do any instance/BG matching together. If they were going to do this, they'd be better off pursuing a new market entirely (like, say, Brazil or something) not splitting the U.S. market.

This could be nice if the current population was higher.
SWTOR had East and West servers a few years ago.
Considering US' size, it's easy for a player to have considerable ping even inside the country.

Hi,
Reading the forums a bit should give you a general idea.

@34YFWJYW39 said:
memefall lol

That was a few years ago.

@Zoknahal said:
Not siding with the adventure coin system, just trying to get something positive out of it, like i always do with everything.

The system without a doubt NEEDS improvements. As of right now, is a system that tries to encourage to spend money to keep running dungeons, AND THAT IS REALLY BAD.

Confused, what of it is positive?

Friends, I suppose.

@sailg said:
원주출장샵[까똑Dio67](Dio8,net)원주콜걸ュ원주일본인출장안마ヤ원주오피걸↗원주출장만남↘원주애인대행ヤ원주출장맛사지ュ원주출장업소♣원주24시호텔출장

@39HATFDXLY said:

@Christin said:
So tired of these constant "Game is dying" threads. Do you think the more you whine and cry about it, the faster you will make it so? I see the same people commenting the same complaints over and over again. Don't you guys just ever get tired of repeating yourselves? I guess not, so go make another page long post listing everything you dislike about the game. Surely, we haven't seen it before. -rolls eyes-

Global is busier and steady now, events are getting better and plenty of new players are joining the game on a daily basis. You ridicule players that want things you think are too easy, yet fill the forum with groans and moans over a new gear system, because it means more work for you. No one said y'all have to max gear again. You do it, because you want to do it. Well then, stop crying about it.

"Oh, this event is too hard." Well, then don't do it. "This event doesn't let me overspam it and dump loads of stuff on the broker." Again, don't do it. Seriously, there is plenty of things to do in the game if you don't want to do this event or that event.

"Lets merge into one server." You're just saying that to troll. Why would they merge into one server again when the game is getting better? You may sit there whining and crying, but people are actually enjoying the game and coming back to it.

"Xingcode ruined the game forever!" Really? A huge chunk of players stayed. Those that left are coming back here and there. Just because you comment something, doesn't make it true. Every day in global, we have players returning and new players asking questions. Sure, some don't stay, but many do.

"AIR is going to ruin Tera." Actually, depending on how BHS advertises it, AIR could potentially bring more players to Tera. If EME gets to publish the game in NA, more people will be downloading the launcher and will see Tera advertised as well. AIR will no doubt be graphic intensive or simply may not suit some players. Tera might end up with quite a few players defecting from AIR, so no, I don't think it's the end of the world for Tera. Y'all act like the gamer world is small and Tera has just outrun it's life. I'd agree if the devs weren't still updating it like they are. I hear so much bs about KTera going downhill and ending any day now. However, if BHS wasn't making bank on the game, they wouldn't still be putting in as much work into the game as they do. If you think Tera is failing, then go play something else. You don't need to constantly whine, gripe and trash the game in hopes that you will somehow bring about the final demise of the game faster.

Oh my.
If people stopped complaining, how would you complain about people complaining?
Or whine and cry, as you like to say.

@39HATFDXLY said:
anyone else notice that tera is getting less and less active?


I wonder why.

@counterpoint said:
@Xandervb said:

They just need to implement some sort of Repair Hammers in the cash shop and then Tera will be truly mobile-ready.

You say that but honest to god it'd surprise me more if this didn't happen. :/

That being said, I won't claim to have all the answers on how to keep a niche F2P game alive. The dream is obviously 100% F2P with an only-cosmetic cash shop but I don't know if that's truly feasible as a game grows more niche. Still, I don't like the continuing trend...

I do not know either.
However, treating players like walking credit cards isn't the answer.
Companies can use whatever pretty excuse they'd like, loot boxes are nothing more than gambling.
It's like playing at a casino, where we can spend $100 and walk away with absolutely nothing to show for it.
We're not even aware of the success percentages.
How is that fun or even fair?

Imagine walking into a clothing store and instead of directly purchasing the clothing you'd like, you have to purchase a loot box.
Where you can get the clothing you'd like at a 1% chance or a piece of tissue fabric at a 99% chance.

As a side note.
When players complain about something, means they're worried where that might lead us in the future.
TERA started with the crit power mounts and now we have the partner system.
Micro-transactions and loot boxes in general didn't start as they are today either.
Look how they are now.
Should we wait until we have another Electronic Arts before complaining?

@counterpoint said:

@Fainall said:
One of the redeeming features of Tera is gear that doesn't break. If they implement this, it will be my last day on this game. I have played too many games with this model, and most of those games are gone. It tends to be a game breaker in the end. I've been working for 13 months to try to get to HO and I am still not there. There is no way I will play a game where all the hard work can be lost with the roll of RNG again.

I guess I need a bit more information about how the new system works. It sounds like the gear isn't destroyed, but enters some sort of broken status that needs an item to repair it? If you repair it, does it retain its enchantment level? Basically it sounds like a failure "penalty" without actually losing any progress... which is still very annoying, but it doesn't sound like it "levels down" or gets destroyed (haunting memories of old MMOs...).

(Still, I agree that this doesn't seem like it is needed or beneficial, even if it's "not as bad.")

It's most likely something similar to Closers gear contamination.
Which was already removed from the game.

@Zoknahal said:
Got to say, im quite impressed, with how cheap the Midas Touch bundle is, for what it has. It is quite the bargain. Unfortunately, it is only for elites.
12k emp for it all, thats pretty much 6 months of elite and free goodies. nice!

Agreed.

Let me guess, is it the ISP?

@Zoknahal said:
What i wanna know more is the price of the Midas Touch Bundle. They havent said anything yet, and it releases tomorrow

Considering it will include half a year of elite, cannot imagine it will be cheap.

I'd love to see a Female Castanic Reaper.
Any plans to launch existent classes to different races?

@walking1987 said:

@Maximumbooty said:
Theyve been talking about putting bns on ue4 for like 3 yrars

Has it happened yet?

They just released a video preview of the unreal engine 4 BnS. It does seems its getting closer to launch.

@MargaretRose said:
The scarf/cape glitch can be mitigated with 3rd party solutions.

So now we are relying on 3rd party solutions to fix a known forever bug?

Unfortunately, yes.
Otherwise, can always visit the local hospital because the glitch triggered an epileptic episode.
Chuckle

@SageWindu said:

@Waitress said:
Also Tera likely would never have such a change. BnS is only able to because they have the financial ability. I don't think Tera makes enough nor do they have enough employees on any region to do all that work. Teras main focus should be communication with it's players to re-establish trust/hope and I'm guessing? Doing more kinds of events and releases that make players genuinely happy. Since they cannot afford to be anything other than what they are now, they should focus on making what they have as attractive as possible.

And they can barely do that. How long do we have to suffer through the scarf and cape glitch? Until someone gets rushed to the local hospital because the glitch triggered an epileptic episode?

TERA was developed by the same people who bought out created PUBG: BHS/Krafton. You know, that game that spearheaded the (somewhat) current Battle Royale craze? Pardon me if I say that I think it's complete nonsense that they're hurting for cash.

That said, PUBG also runs like crap, to the point where there are entire websites dedicated to chronicling and fixing the assorted issues. Make of that what you will.

The scarf/cape glitch can be mitigated with 3rd party solutions.

Might like to write a support ticket describing the issue.

@counterpoint said:
Zoknahal wrote: »

If it makes any difference, I got in contact with player council member counterpoint, and he assured me this specific thread, is being looked at, so we can assume that they do know what they need to do, however, execution of their plans is a total different story, which is why this thread exist, to let them know of the current issues, so they can come up with a proper solution, rather than a half baked one.


To clarify (as I told you), they are aware that the thread exists, but none of the issues presented here are new at all -- they already knew about all of them and the situation hasn't changed as far as I know. In my opinion, it was never an issue of knowing. I would like them to address these issues, as I've been asking for a long time (especially about the merchants, at least), but I don't know if they have plans to do so.

I see.
We're asked to give constructive feedback while EME is already aware of all the issues.
Basically, they're aware of all the issues and cannot or will not fix them.
How are we supposed to not be frustrated?

@5TYADKWAMJ
Curious, how are you using a Closers avatar on Tera's forums?
Unprofessional indeed.
Would still be best for it to be closed rather than simply ignored.
Otherwise it is simply giving the players the illusion they are being heard.
While we're all speaking in a void.
Teekz wrote: »
@counterpoint “get with the times”? like the player base has not tried multiple attempts of fresh ways to approach and communicate with EME and BHS doesn’t matter the platform when the result is the same.

And once again i’ll ask you, what do they pay you?

He's not paid.
Unfortunately, seems to be his hobby.
Teekz wrote: »
@CobaltDragon @KitTeaCup

how exactly is a well thought out and constructive post like this blatantly ignored??

Probably because it isn't on EME's discord.
As other members suggested in the past, the forums should be closed.
X7EWP6JAK4 wrote: »
Hi all,

Been away for just over 2 years, I started up and went in and had to remap my keys, no biggie! However....There are now keys I can no longer map like CTRL(R) which I had always used for Block, is it just me or have they changed this option?

Thanks in Advance!

Assuming you mean the right CTRL key, seems you're indeed unable to map it.
I like how a simple comment I made regarding down votes was removed at the other thread.
Yet we have this type of [filtered] here.
Christin wrote: »
I thought this was going to be for issues that they said they were going to address, but you've added what you think should be on the list, which means they most likely won't even bother with this thread.

They don't want to have to read your page of bs before even starting the list either.

Comments like these make myself miss the down vote button.
Zoknahal wrote: »
No constructivism at all, and when i tried to reach a member from the EME staff through personal DMs, guess what!! they have it disabled! you cannot reach them through personal DMs, you have to ping them in the chat, and hope they answer. How is that suppose to help some players that maybe want to discuss something personally with a GM, so that they don't have to deal with the immaturity that is the general chat?

That's because most people who try to PM staff members are just hoping to jump the queue on their support tickets. Obviously I liked back when we had a live chat support system for Elite too, but that actually had a real queue with agents, not "randomly DM all the staff so that somebody will take your case immediately."

And well, this isn't a great answer, but the reason they created a player council was to streamline feedback to them so they don't have to get DMs from every single player with their personal wants or needs. I assure you that these issues have come up (I've brought them up to the point where I feel I can't mention it without being dismissed as a nag). It's not for lack of knowing or trying. But this does not magically free up the staff resources to do the things. They definitely know players want these things.

The forums do have their place -- well-organized posts that present a clear explanation of an issue and constructive solution (or even just a clear explanation of a problem) are still better to post on the forum and link to. I link to it frequently. But it's just not where the conversation/dialog is happening anymore.

Anyway, at the very least for this particular boutique, it is still on the active radar and hasn't gone into the "years old promises" category that the other stuff is. At least there's a clear intention to do it, so that's something.

In other words, Soon™
Zoknahal wrote: »
Elite Rework: Said it would get rework 3 years ago. Is still the same, with just a few additions, that does not really add value.
Emporium rework: Again, 3 years ago, still nothing.
Fashion coupons: Started and left unfinished, promising part 2 would be out soon, we been waiting 2 years already.

Instead, we got a promised rework of the old Federation Bills, a rework that came in the form of a complete removal of them.

Honestly, banking on the "old promises" is pointless. All of the TERA PC leadership has changed 100% in that time. So bringing up, like, "your predecessor's predecessor made/authorized a post on the forum that implied you were going to work on something three years ago" is like "well, yeah, they're not here anymore..."

I keep asking them to work on it because it still needs doing, but holding onto these old promises as if to guilt them isn't going to work. The people who made or authorized those promises are gone, so have to convince people it's worth doing on its merits. And, unfortunately, these aren't getting top priority from anyone.

(Elite is a bit of a special case because it actually did change a lot since then, but people still aren't satisfied with it. I think it needs a new proposal instead.)

My my, wouldn't it be interesting if this happen at a restaurant?
Where the chef was changed and clients were left waiting for their food indefinitely.

In short, they "old promises" have no value whatsoever.
And new ones are nonexistent or follow the same pattern.
Glad to know what to expect.
Isriffa wrote: »
Bump.

I have been away for one to two years and I have been logging in everyday for the last three days. The calendar does not even log that, let alone allow me to redeem the rewards. I may film a short journal to record this and post it in a new thread. I have not needed to video a bug in a game in over five years for it to get fixed.

But, this is not a new bug and it is older than one year. I have seen attempts to address this bug where players have received entire months of rewards for compensation. I would not have thought that this would still be a redundant failure.

It's futile.
They either do not care or cannot fix it.
I heard it was actually not allowed a long time ago.
A friend was banned due to having multiple accounts when Tonka was still a CM.
Nothing to worry about now, as mentioned previously.
Zoknahal wrote: »
Is kind of sad to see new games or smaller studios using assets from other bigger games/studios, into theirs. And here i thought Devilian would be the first and last.

BHS also had "interesting" issues with NCsoft regarding Tera.
Just like any other region and/or game.
You'll have pleasant and unpleasant members on the community.
It isn't something aggravated nor exclusive to TERA NA.

I`m not disagree with what you said..
But every players behavior which is related in game community, the game publisher or developers should take actions and responsibilities,
not only because of players is cheating or abusing the system, but also negative behavior.

For example ;
I found the `fact` that certain Elitist players behavior in TERA top players tend to push their dps to the max, this behavior lead to unfair and cheating.
But the fact is everything in TERA can be perfectly done with just decent dps.
That Elitist behaviors lead to dangerous discriminations for other payers that play fair and have decent dps, this Elitist players will complain why other players have decent dps, while they self were using third-party program or cheating to improve their game-play.
For me, Bad behavior (including Elitist behavior) its the same sins like cheating, and they both have a same destructions aspects.

So the solutions for ENMASSE in TERA, they should take actions directly for players which is tend to have bad behaviors like Elitist, they should have same treat like they ban certain players which is cheating.
Other solutions is, they should force to implemented end-game dungeon for 10-man players (i don`t care how much dying the community is), with this rate every player will thinking hard to be needed other players to participated, this method not perfect, but in any rate will suppress the Elitist behavior for 50%.

`ITS NOT WHY THE PLAYERS IS CHEATING, ITS BECAUSE THEY HAVE BAD BEHAVIORS`
`CHEATING IS DESTROYING THE GAME, AND ELITIST BEHAVIOR DESTROYING THE COMMUNITY`

Sort of understand what you mean.
However, you cannot force others to play with you.
Also, if people have an extremely toxic behavior, you're always able to screenshot and write a support ticket.
ghenea wrote: »
"everything can be perfectly done with just decent dps"
you know, the very fact that elite has a potion that increases your exp by 100% for 1hr implies that no, you want stuff to be done as fast as possible, not waste your whole daily hr of bonus to carry ppl in hard dungeons with "decent dps."

decent dps meaning what, even? 2m/s? 4m/s? 5m/s? you should be more specific...
also makes no sense to play a game performing under your best and losing time just for the fun of a few casuals who dont wanna bother gearing up or learning their class, if you are instance matching it has to be expected but elsewhere, lfgs and organized runs in general, you aint gonna fit in with 2m/s - thats decent for instance matching, but its far from being decent if you want a quick run.

there are many other things worth complaining for, the "elitist" community is the last of your problems, you will eventually realize "veterans" reasons for wanting stuff to be done quickly when you will actually try to lvl past 65 without elite and gears or farm materials efficiently enough with your dungeon runs lasting 30mins...

To be fair, that is the main issue mentioned by @LinXiaoXing
A player without a dps meter is unable to know those numbers.
It would be nice if BHS had it implemented officially.

This "new" patch also didn't help at all.
Since everyone is highly limited due to coins.
Somewhat active.
Basically, it is currently a "Fishing Simulator".
This why TERA NA have a sh*t community, because they always tend to have `Elitist` behavior
(Certain player were good behavior, but some other were bad behavior).
Elitist by my definition is a certain players which tend to feel superior than other players, because they feel have a better skills, gears, reflexes, experience, and it lead discrimination among the players.
And that make BHS treat TERA NA has a different difficulties in games.

Just like any other region and/or game.
You'll have pleasant and unpleasant members on the community.
It isn't something aggravated nor exclusive to TERA NA.
66ECX7NAN7 wrote: »
They could just spawn titan's earth/storm on a GM account and put it in trade broker for 200g each, problem solved and some excess gold taken out of the economy lol

Would most likely be fully purchased by a few players who would resale for profit.
Mockery, I thought playing a game published by EME was already "Extreme" enough.
Reputation is a legacy system.
Notice Guardian Legion reputation doesn't increase as well.
G3XT4DHJT6 wrote: »
Kaspanova wrote: »
*from england and still got the promotion*

Yeah, I started hearing that it might be working for some EU people now. Not sure the eligibility criteria, but may be worth trying again. The first month rewards end on Monday...

Edit: https://enmassehelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021808234-European-Players-Now-Able-to-Access-Twitch-Prime-Action-RPG-Pack

Sorry for the Bump on this toptic. It could still be Usefull for others.

That indeed works.. ofcourse i saw this to late and can't claim the first package anymore.. aaah rip :)

That is because it was only announced at the console section, I believe.
https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/31238/hey-eu-get-those-twitch-prime-promotional-goodies#latest
Fallsmyer wrote: »
All these people talking about EME employees being incompetent, but can't even decide which is the proper there, they're, or their to use in THEIR sentence. you HEAR me!? Lol incompetence is abundance in this thread!

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/31607/i-mean
Since you mention grammar.
Great job EME. Servers are not difficult to maintain. Seems, though, for you, they are. All I can do is laugh at your ineptitude....

Need to write at their discord.
EME doesn't remember they have a forum.
Mockery, seems like an ISP issue.
Seems to be a bug that happens at random after teleporting to another area.
Moving to the character selection screen will fix the issue.
For amusement.
BanProxy.jpg
*Chuckle*
Monthly gifts don't work well because of varying duration Elite (including promo Elite, etc.). That's basically why all the month-based gifts went away and were replaced with the daily gifts instead. The problem with 30 daily gifts (besides the fact they may specifically need to be modified right now) is that they feel a lot less significant than getting it all at once. You may be able to solve this by having a "daily token" as one of the items and then you can accumulate tokens to trade for the gift you want, but not sure they want another merchant to maintain (when they can't maintain fashion coupons, Reward Emporium, and Dressing Room as it is).

For the "choose your own mount" idea, I don't think there'd be an easy way to implement it since it's tied to the bar. Plus it has the daily/monthly issue from above, so I think it'd be extremely difficult.

For the 10% loot bonus... personally speaking, I don't really like this sort of system because it feels too "pay-to-win" for me. It means that F2P players may get kicked out of a party so that an Elite player can take their place (to increase the loot bonus), and I think that isn't the right kind of incentive structure. Again, just my opinion.

All that being said, I think it's good to have constructive ideas, so I like this thread.

Could have monthly gifts added to the 30-90 days elite.
Do not believe we're able to purchase 1-7 days elite.
For example, Closers has Elite and Platinum.
Perhaps something similar for promotional 1-7 days elite and 30-90 days elite?
If that seems like a complaint, I suppose.
Merely found it amusing.
Of course.
Would still look nicer with updated information.

Then it'd be wrong for people who earned it last year (and has last year's acquisition date)...

I disagree.
Something like: "Cool your heels with these limited-edition footsteps from our 6th anniversary, in celebration of our 7th anniversary." would look nicer, in my opinion.
537361657182158868.png?v=1
Of course.
Would still look nicer with updated information.

Positive they're busy with more important matters.
Like their other game declining in population (If I may say that).
Breetizm wrote: »
Once you do hit max level, there really is no point renewing elite anymore. Especially with the new broker fee changes with elite, and no adventure coins that are provided with elite box. I just can't think of any reason why anyone would want elite aside from travel journal, where it's mostly used for dungeons that you can use via vanguard menu. This whole patch is just a disaster lol

Please, don't give them ideas.
They could always remove the vanguard menu teleport option.
Bank issues seem common(?) upon server merge.
In my case, I had a similar issue at Tera EU.
Was inactive when servers were merged there and lost all items in bank and bank tabs were also reset to 1 (from 2).
Unfortunately, as it's most likely the case for EME as well, logs are erased after a while.
And I only noticed months after the server merge was done, upon login.
There was nothing support could do.
Teiro wrote: »
1.
That issue was "fixed" by adding the cash shop boxes.

2.
Pending issue.
Might be "fixed" by adding cash shop boxes.
(Could also be a temporary bug?)

3.
Didn't notice if they're available for purchase from the cash shop.
If not, can request them to be like at EU.

4.
Working as intended.

Okay, these "Fixes" are quite unacceptable. For someone wanting to freely play the game shouldn't have to spend money to advance their gear. All of these issues were "fixed" with cash shop items, which is bs because that's leading to players having to p2w.

Indeed.
Unfortunately, that's the direction Tera's been taking for quite a while now.
The new pet system is only the pinnacle of it.
1.
That issue was "fixed" by adding the cash shop boxes.

2.
Pending issue.
Might be "fixed" by adding cash shop boxes.
(Could also be a temporary bug?)

3.
Didn't notice if they're available for purchase from the cash shop.
If not, can request them to be like at EU.

4.
Working as intended.
TERA_ScreenShot_20190514_205747.png
577234287502426132.png?v=1
Happy 6th Anniversary, I guess.
Elinu1 wrote: »
Loot boxes are a total scam, most of the time you have to open over 100 boxes just to get 1 of the item you want. Lootboxes are just like slot machines, you always lose.

27c20aaf0feda17d52c37c74d9f72072eddb5351_hq.gif
Current business model in a nutshell.
giphy.gif
Maxmilian wrote: »
tera knows we will gladly pay whatever price for the costumes/cosmetics/pets/mounts we want.

it makes them more money to scalp us with lootboxes. the avarice and contempt for consumers displayed by the modern gaming industry as a whole have caused them to fly too close to the sun.
they were warned. whatever happens will only affect us consumers positively, trust in that.

Minus Warframe.
73K5HJREXP wrote: »
Hey guys

Love the feedback and its been a very informative read so far. I think at the very end of the day, we can all agree that the recent patches that we have gotten are just simply ridiculous as they're designed for you to really spend as much money or time as possible by dangling considerable incentives on the very end. I genuinely hope for the sake of the next year of the game that they won't implement any more items and mechanics similar to what we've gotten as it's very obvious what direction they are trying to push. It leaves salt in my mouth as if I remember, the only reason I considered to come back to Tera at all in recent years was BECAUSE they didn't have the toxic, cash-grabbing, seemingly infinite system that was criticized on other games. Yet since the big fishing patch, it's pretty hard to ignore where they are getting their ideas from( being forced to leave tera up if you want to "afk" fish, and so forth).

Regardless, it was really nice to hear from you guys and considering how difficult it is already to just adjust to the recent implements, I can only pray that no other feature is coming soon for a long time. From the past I've seen threads that go off topic get randomly deleted and I'm pretty frightened that these posts will also go randomly poof! I beg everyone to try to stay on topic w/o angering the head moderator of these threads.

Only active moderator, as far as I know, is @counterpoint
They do not randomly delete posts without reason, like some I rather not mention.
If they do delete your post, they'll private message a reason for doing so.
if you love TERA ..learn to play ... if dont wanna learn , go to cry to another game . THIS IS TERA!!!

giphy.gif
> @MargaretRose said:
> MatrixOfLeaders wrote: »
>
> My real problem with Tera are the script / injector users. A
> honest player will never be able to output what script users put out. Then they have the audacity to call you "meh DPS" because you play legit and they use 3rd party programs up their dps..
>
>
>
>
> Ignorance is also a problem.
> Recommend searching what an injector actually does.


The fact of the matter is that 3rd party programs and modifications of the client are against the tos...

Of course.
Wonder why EME doesn't ban those players then.
Even unbanned such users.
https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/29777/focused-updates-on-tera-fuot-1
My real problem with Tera are the script / injector users. A
honest player will never be able to output what script users put out. Then they have the audacity to call you "meh DPS" because you play legit and they use 3rd party programs up their dps..

Ignorance is also a problem.
Recommend searching what an injector actually does.
I watched a video made by a korean player and he said he spent $600.
But i'm not sure whether he actually finally get the good roll.
He ended the video by saying, "[filtered] you, bluehole!"

Imagine they'll be willing to spend another $600 for the next atrocity BHS releases.
We have the current cash grab trash of a system due to those type of players.
Believe there is no passion anymore, only money signs.
The cycle continues.
Unlikely to happen.
The servers are the pinnacle of hardware.
It is, of course, the ISP™
Albeit not related to thread's specific issue.
I believe pit of petrax will fulfill the requirement.
Link to the original thread:
https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/26120/cant-claim-calendar-rewards#latest

It's been a long time, when will this issue be addressed?

Also, is this a properly re-made thread regarding an old thread?

(Possibly EME staff at the moment (Or @counterpoint ) upon viewing a properly made bump thread)
535922834157862922.gif?v=1
Zoknahal wrote: »
Mockery, that is clearly an exploit.
All involved must be punished.

Well it isnt, if you meant the thing with the toy tanks. Is just a fun bug that happens in a few places. As far as im concerned, only once i managed to pull it and it was totally random.

Been a while since ive trid again cause i no longer have toy tanks.

Maybe try shooting at them with a toy tank? they do a bit of damage, but not sure if enough to bring down a terron, and have a looting pet with you.

pck1qn7zp7a21.png
Mockery, that is clearly an exploit.
All involved must be punished.


Interesting video.
Imagine if we could also do this to BHS' higher ups.
Still, making us have to pay for something that was not required previously. (Mandatory if you'd like to keep specific pets.)
Also having to purchase a cash shop item to rename a pet is questionable, since we could freely rename them before.
The new partner/pet system is delightful.
I'd "love" to see a similar system for mounts.
Mounts limited to 10 and a system full of RNG?
Seems a lot of "fun".

In case anyone is unable to tell, this is a mockery for amusement.
Old news indeed.

Unfortunately, fault lies with the players that keep supporting this atrocious system.
Yeehaw wrote: »
Yeehaw wrote: »
Yes, as I understand it, you can race-change up to 20 items at a time, but they only do it for each account once per year. So it would be a good idea to batch up all your change requests at once, rather than just doing it for one single thing (unless you're sure that one thing is all you'll need for the year).

They won't rebind the characters to your main, correct? The only option they will do is race-changing costumes binded to the character you need

They can unbind and rebind items to your desired character.

Really? I had done the "Mulligan Request" a few months ago, which is similar to what you guys are talking about, but I'm hoping this is a seperate request. Because I have some items I would like to be rebinded to my desired character.

Recommend writing a support ticket with a detailed explanation of your request.
Yeehaw wrote: »
Yes, as I understand it, you can race-change up to 20 items at a time, but they only do it for each account once per year. So it would be a good idea to batch up all your change requests at once, rather than just doing it for one single thing (unless you're sure that one thing is all you'll need for the year).

They won't rebind the characters to your main, correct? The only option they will do is race-changing costumes binded to the character you need

They can unbind and rebind items to your desired character.
Well of course they are still for sale in the FC shop.
But Fashion Coupons no longer drop anywhere. The terrible idea to make them a pay thing was the dumbest thing I've seen on here.
You take away something that we could actually farm for and make it into another cash shop thing...... As if everything else wasn't already locked to that. Way to go. I'm wondering if they are gonna do this with talents next.

You do understand the removal of the coupons was not intentional, and that it should be fixed on Tuesday. The reason for this change is most likely because NA was given EU's patch, and EU never had Fashion coupons dropping. Based on what Rox has said Fashion coupons and locked box's should drop again starting Tuesday with the new patch.

Do your research before you start corking off about EnMasse making something pay only when it was an error.

Believe you meant they should join EME's discord?
Since EME isn't active at the forums.
Zoknahal wrote: »
EJECWCWG55 wrote: »
Oh, so its good to get hundreds of millions from the cash shop jewel crates but not because people got a little compensation from what they have spent in the game... what an hipocrisy.

I find this funny too. People made a huge deal of the Elite Jewel Bags when they were first introduced

Back then, getting a diamond, 10k worth of gold, was huge. It was part of the Monthly gift that Elite used to give.
Players complained about it, that it was P2W and stuff, and so EME removed it.

Now, they are back you know? concealed in the form of the Federation Jewel Crates, which im sure a lot of people that come here to complain about gold being injected into the game, had bought them at some point.

You think those thousands of rubies you get while trying to get a diamond jackpot from those crates, doesnt add up to a hefty sum of gold?

One way or the other, its been fine so far, gold has come and gone, market didnt suffer at all after the very first days when hype was big and ppl were inflating the prices, it just took a few days for everything to be stable again.

But now that we face the same situation, people complained again, and this time we got the short straw. Ok, sure, millions of gold being introduced into the game may not had been too good, but then drastically reducing the prices of the scrolls to such an insulting amount?

And EME havent answered yet here, but they do answer to the thread with positive feedback about the 7th anniversary event. Is like they are picking which thread to answer and seeing that this thread is rapidly getting attention, and we approach faster the date when we can sell the scrolls, im afraid EME wont do anything about it until after the maintenance.

Honestly, this is one of the worst moves i have seen EME do, and i been here since the closed beta, truly a shame.

Those are from the cash shop.
Allegedly breaking the economy doesn't matter if the company has profit.

Scroll sell prices were undeniably high for our region.
They did required an adjustment.
Unfortunately, seems EME is incapable of finding a middle ground.

Regarding EME replies to the thread.
At most it will receive a:
"Thank you for the feedback, etc"
Also, reminder, TERA is an MMO.
Behind every character there is a human being.
You'll meet all kinds of people.
Unfortunately, this issue was already brought up many times to no avail.
Zoknahal wrote: »
TERA 2 literally would be the same old TERA we used to know and love, but with Unreal Engine 4 instead.

Indeed.
TERA's graphics are still beautiful, considering the year of launch.
Actual new content would be nice.
Serenade wrote: »
Serenade wrote: »
Nah, we're just pointing out more reasons why players start to leave for EU. You realized that this sort of thing is exactly why GF/EU was considered imferior and why peopke left it in droves back in 2014, right?

In EU, this didn't happen because their Elite (TERA Club) never gave scrolls there. So people comparing the prices to EU and being like "look at how much more generous EU is" are making an irrelevant argument. If EU had been giving out scrolls the same way NA did (and if K-TERA had been doing the same), they would have had much lower prices. The prices are based on the overall supply and economic impact (which is why the original prices, inherited from K-TERA, were so wrong from the start -- they were much, much more rare there than here).

I realize there are other areas where EU is more generous because their progression model is different, and that there are other local market differences that negatively impact us. But when people start muddying the waters and lumping this into the "see, EU is more generous" bucket (even though the situation is 100% different) it causes the valid points to be lost among the obviously-wrong ones.

And no one on this forum is asking for actual EU prices. That is a strawman.

No, people are using the EU prices as a basis with comments like "well, I don't think we should have the EU prices, but I think 50% of what they had seems reasonable" -- based on what? The supply structure was completely different here.

Serenade wrote: »
40k is four hours of vanguard, in exchange for years of elite.

No, it's not "in exchange for years of Elite." That's where this whole thing is wrong. If it were in exchange for years of Elite, then everyone who had Elite all this time would get it fairly. It's in exchange for basically abusing a loophole with Elite Consumable Boxes before the patch date -- again, a loophole no other regions had. People treated it as "compensation" for something they paid for are wrong, because people who also had Elite Consumable Boxes and didn't open them get nothing, therefore they can't call it "compensation." Or else, everyone else will need to be "compensated" for not being compensated.

Serenade wrote: »
Please, I know you're on the PC and have to represwnt EME in a certain way and can't publically speak ill of them, but surely if this is based on overalm supply, it can't hurt to be more transparent and give us the math used to reach these results.

I think you've missed the fact that I actually am speaking ill of EME, just for a completely different reason. Retroactively changing the contents of Elite and providing an in-game benefit to people who happened to abuse a loophole is wrong. It should apply to everyone or no one. Since it won't apply to everyone, these scrolls need to be worth as little as possible, so that people who paid the same money for Elite as everyone else don't feel in any way screwed by the amount of gold other people will make. Prices like this are about at the threshold where it's not nothing, but it's not so much that people who "got robbed" by the lack of notification will feel all that bitter about it.


The price of the scrolls is based on the quantity in distribution, but the weighting is likely just based on them setting a price for the most expensive and scaling accordingly. Consider for instance the prices at first was 15k for Eta and scaled down dramatically from there. Here they started at 200 for the top tier, and scaled it down from there. I don't know for a fact that this is how they came up with it, but I think it's the most logical conclusion.

Anyway, I realize it seems like I'm defending EME here because of the result, but it's only because the situation EME and BHS created means that it has to be this way. The retroactive change to Elite that EME did is really not okay, but by setting the prices like this it mutes the issue to enough a degree that it'll wash over. That's probably about the best they could do in this situation, even if no one will be 100% happy with it.

Was not aware by opening Elite boxes for years made ourselves exploiters.
Disappointing, but not unforeseen.
Believe any player active for a few years expected this outcome.

Either break the economy or give us near to nothing.
Outstanding way to "reward" your supporting players.
One disappointment after the other.
Snuffy44 wrote: »
But do you lose anything if you play and you are 0% rested?

No.
It isn't like the old stamina system.
If I recall correctly, desired method is making a new thread on the subject with a link to the old thread.
Resolved, from Discord --
Rox wrote:
GG and such should now be reset. It appears that daily reset time is at 10 Pacific.
Restoring to the correct reset time is a known issue for now

@seraphinush
Thank you.

Seems EME continues to forget they have a forum.
Same, GG and PoP didn't reset.
Worry not, @counterpoint will save us soon.

I didn't know what you expect me to do with it. It was obvious that a thread like this would just create controversy. The only way to actually settle it, in true PvP style, would be to have all the candidates fight it out until only one for each class remains standing... but unlikely to happen.

(This reminds me of power tier list discussions for comics or manga or something... except it's real people lol )

Please don't take myself too seriously.
Although a PvP forum arena mini-game does seem interesting.
You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.