TERA Online forum archive
Posts by AxeI
Melyodis wrote: »
AxeI wrote: »
@Melyodis What kind of mentally challenged person are you to literally be calling everyone "kid" in all the threads you comment based off of the simple fact that you don't like their opinion?

This isn't 2006 Xbox Live

cause mature adults don't behave like spoil children for a damn six year old game you have to act so come on look at the op post will tell you all about him.

Didn't it cross your mind that adults can be immature too? For one you're being immature calling people "kids" just because you don't agree with them. If you have ever have ever taken Customer Service course you would know that no matter how a client directs themselves towards you be it harshly, mean, or any other form there's always feedback.

That's what feedback distillation is, you as a company owner or staff you shouldn't invalidate someone's voice just because it hUrT mUh FeElInGs, someone well prepared will look past the mean comments and take in the feedback from such customer. This is what EME fails to do, they invalidate your feedback/opinion just because you threw a few mean words & didn't sugarcoat it the way they want you to and go "Nope sorry, bye".
@Melyodis What kind of mentally challenged person are you to literally be calling everyone "kid" in all the threads you comment based off of the simple fact that you don't like their opinion?

This isn't 2006 Xbox Live
This reminds me of an experience that I had in RRNM the other day.

As we all know, RR has 2 routes you can take; skip the mobs straight to the 1st boss or take the route with the mobs. Everyone gets inside and we proceed to wait for our healer. Our healer takes the mob route, dropping and luring them. They get to the gate realizing that we were already in the boss room, they died and lost a crystal.


The healer says in party chat "I'm not doing this" and proceeds to drop the party and left.


I normally whisper them "Did you seriously drop cause of that?" and they reply with "You guys were too impatient and didn't wait for me & made me lose a crystal" which I followed with "There are two routes to the dungeon and you took the mob route, you could've unstuck and come back again, take the easy route and drop into the boss room"


And then they proceeded to say "Well sorry for being new, moron" and then blocked me.


I don't have time to deal with petty [filtered]. If you're unwilling to listen to advice in order to improve you can go [filtered] yourself and remain trash forever. I was going to give them 20 complete crystal binds and a crystal replacement but that person can stay in the trash can.
I don't think this has been stressed enough. While all the drama about Proxy & 3rd Party tool, there has been two sides of the conversation, the anti-proxy players & the pro-proxy actively engaging each other.

Everyone keeps forgetting that TERA has a long list of bugs & exploits still out there waiting to be patched, even from 2013. The actual malicious people are very much enjoying this sh*t show. Why? Because 3rd party developers have stopped support to NA & won't forward exploits to EME, their stance won't change even if EME changes their view.

These tools will be exclusive and people might sell them for irl money when they were available to everyone just one click away. Obviously things like Bernkastel's script were sold to a few but this will turn into that, times x10.

Why this is worrisome? Because these people can easily cover their tracks. It has been shown time and time again that EME bans based off of assumption a good portion of the time. You are able to photoshop screenshot of someone saying something or like the emporium scandal and you can get someone banned.

When it comes to these things, tracking and pinpointing the source of bugs/exploits EME is a headless chicken.

EME is open to a worst liability in the upcoming days, TERA NA will be a playground for the malicious players/developers.
No, form a learning party and go in it. There are a handful of people that will waste time teaching, you shouldn't expect everyone to do so.
sanj66 wrote: »
TheDarkWan wrote: »
I have this article I found on the web to help all who are asking why proxy became and issue in the first place. https://www.mmobomb.com/features/tera-players-en-masse-entertainment-disagree-banning-details/

nothing posted there even the emporium issue was proxy related except bernkastel, the article even shows enmasse lying about ban appeals so i dont get your point for posting it. it if anything shows even more incompentency on the company's part. the emporium thing was discovered when the then cm spacecats gave everyone an item code and the page froze for everyone and on stream he said try refreshing the page and for every time people refreshed the page it resent the items from the code, its not proxy related and could be abused with or without it, memeslash etc are all the same thing.

The emporium thing was photoshopped, it was a meme and it was blown out of proportion by the anti-proxy people & EME.
KXRC9JMW74 wrote: »
It's actually better now since most of the "whack offs" are gone but there is still some left

edit: wouldn't let me say [filtered]

"Better"

Good luck solo-ing dungeons in a couple of months.
LancerJiva wrote: »
Yep queue isn't popping for me. It should be 5 games at most rather then 10..

Yeah but NA is very much active, right Jiva?
KitTeaCup is a disgrace of a CM, unprofessional, a liability & most of all incompetent. She should be replaced immediately.
NikuroTega wrote: »
These unfortunate events reminds me of that one CM we had a while back. I think her name was Danicia.

Things started going downhill around the time Danicia showed up with all of her SJW trash.
Could be based off of nepotism or something. I know a person that has a lot of knowledge in the game, lore, mechanics, endgame ect.

And that person was never chosen, in fact they are a PC.

Just makes me wonder what goes through their head wheb hiring.
Babit wrote: »
The point I want to make here is this. ALL again ALL of these exploits are done through manipulating packets with proxy. You run a script beside your much loved skill predict and all of the sudden you get a massive massive dps gain for essentially playing brainless nooby zerk style. Using the same keystrokes without the script would result in sub 1m dps in even 446 dungeons. Somebody playing that simple doesn't have any business in a 453.

Now I as a competitive zerk player who strives to be one of the best while having never exploited the game am put into a predictiment. I'm barely relevant to the late game scene when people using these scripts are posting numbers that are 3m~ higher than mine. Which in turn makes me lose passion in the game because I start to feel like I am forced to start exploiting and scripting my class to just stay relevant. This is incredibly unhealthy to the late game community and the same can be said for other classes like warrior, sorc, and lancer.

Now take in to account the in game competitive leaderboards. If you look at pit of petrax. The top rank for zerk on kaiator is 8~ seconds. I'm not sure how exactly this was achieved but there's no way it's ethical. I hold the 3rd rank at 15~ seconds. I'm a full heroic oath bis jewelry zerk. I rerolled my weapon for aggro damage. Changed as many rolls as I could on jewelry. Popped full max consumables with slaying and the new fiery buff. Had a party give me arush and energy stars before entering and developed a special unleash rotation. I could maybe push a couple of extra seconds out with pure skill/rng but to cut the time in half? There's no way that's actually possible without exploiting. So how fair is that? How is proxy allowing people to make these things a reality actually helpful to the health of the game? "More friends and rivals to play with" Give me a break. If that is the rival I have to face let them stay in EU or wherever they came from.

The game does rely on low ping to function at peak performance but if the solution to that problem also gives the ability to braindead a class and post dps numbers that are completely unattainable by someone not doing the same exploits I'll take a hard pass everytime.

I was really going to argue against the first part of what you said but as I read more I couldn't agree more. As someone that never relied on the sketchy "scripts" that the tops have, I was considered a bad lancer because I didn't use the advantages provided by Bernkastel's script. No matter how hard I try to play manually and try to compete, I could never reach the level of the low pinged + Bern script Lancers. It was truly demotivating and bumming.

Even a script that you press ONE button and it does your whole Lancer rotation or in the press of one button you will do Shield Barrage (with block cancel) -> chained into spring automatically. Super demoralizing.
LancerJiva wrote: »
Highwatch on velika server was at High population after cu ended and medium before, but that’s the definition of dead I guess. Logic.

Jiva, please. People login for CU, afk or fight then start loging off, do you really call that consistent activity?
> @DYLW5HFXJH said:
> AxeI wrote: »
>
>
> TERA is horrendously coded, whatever the client sends to the server will be accepted regardless and vice versa. This loophole was created by BHS only and only them. I truly digress with having to rely in these things to play the game but sadly people did in order to play the game how it was really meant to be played and enjoyed, not everyone is happy with sup-par or mediocre performance.
>
> This would have never been an issue if BHS would have fixed their spaghetti code years ago, but here we are, depending on 3rd party software to make this game remotely playable. And don't get me started on optimization.
>
>
>
>
>
> You got a lot here I'd like to address but the fact that you just said the server will accept whatever the client sends just shows how big of an opinion you have for something you know so little about. I cannot just send a command to have a million gold, and I have a million gold.

And you seem to not understand how TERA works, thats why Meme-slash was possible.


Tera is not your conventional well made and architecured game. There's a good post that Meishuu made showing how disastrous the game is.
DYLW5HFXJH wrote: »

"I murdered my boyfriend because he was neglectful and kind of a screw up"

No. [filtered] LEAVE then.


This is exactly why the MMORPG genre is garbage and will keep being trash all the years to come because of these "lEaVe ThEn".
I'll be happy to break out the screenshots of FIHM, getting top 5 party scores for crusades, or of top 5 personal scores in vault while using 80-120 ping. Just like any other game you should understand exactly when you should be doing one thing over another and compensating for your own personal ping if you want to be good, or the best. Ping is not an uncommon issue. Lack of client side to server side prediction is not uncommon.

TERA isn't your typical alt-tab MMORPG in which is fine to run around with 200ms. Action combat games have and have always needed to implement back-end features to minimize latency impact. In this case, BHS as incompetent as they are never did, and assumed everyone had Korean god-like infrastructure in the west.
I don't want to hear the excuse of players who have 200 ping for a game that has announced several times over that it will help non NA players when it can, but support is only for NA.

Then what's your argument against players in NORTH AMERICA that run with garbage ping when they have good connections in other games? Its not uncommon that North American servers are considered de-facto to be international, we have people from Europe, Asia, Middle-East, Oceania & South America.

If Developers/Publishers followed your logic, games wouldn't be as lasting as you may think.

Just because you accepted mediocre service doesn't mean people should do the same. You took it up the butt, I don't have to and I won't.
Because I chose not to use third party services, some of those scores are long buried, and I can no longer take being good at this game as a pastime, unless I also want to cheat. The reason you feel the game is dead, is from the same cause that killed the game for me, on the opposite spectrum.

Of course I agree up to a point regarding the 3rd party services. There are scripts that are QoL and some are blatant advantages depending on how you see it. Sadly, in order to compete in this game you atleast have to use Skill prediction. A 100ms Lancer will NEVER be as good as a 60ms Lancer and a 60ms Lancer will never be as good or as efficient as a 20ms Lancer. Game developers try to close the gap in order to not make latency affect in overall skill but sadly, TERA is like this due to incompetence.
Like holy hell more than that, these scripts are not just auto-validated by the server, from SP to Memeslash, and correct me if I'm wrong here, you NEED to be exploiting, you NEED to be tricking the server, in to believing what you are sending is valid. This is a huge issue and takes this conversation from client side personal files which can be argued defensively in court very easily, to manipulating data that does no belong to you. If I were to root or jailbreak my phone, it is perfectly legal because I own this particular phone. If I need to trick HTCs server validation in to believing something I tell it in order to root my phone, well guess what, I'm not protected anymore. Furthermore, we don't even really own our characters, or anything on the server in the first place.

TERA is horrendously coded, whatever the client sends to the server will be accepted regardless and vice versa. This loophole was created by BHS only and only them. I truly digress with having to rely in these things to play the game but sadly people did in order to play the game how it was really meant to be played and enjoyed, not everyone is happy with sup-par or mediocre performance.

This would have never been an issue if BHS would have fixed their spaghetti code years ago, but here we are, depending on 3rd party software to make this game remotely playable. And don't get me started on optimization.
At the end of the day, this is all product of BHSs horrendous game design, coding and incompetence. We waited years for them to fix simple issues (which some are still in-game from 2013) & they didn't deliver, never. How the game is made, if you're above 70ms+ you will NEVER play classes how they were meant to be or at the actual speed they truly are, of course, you can still play the game but its a completely different experience high latency vs. low latency.


All MMORPGs have an ingrained "skill-prediction" except TERA, of course, why? Because BHS.

Objectively speaking, yes, using 3rd party tools to alter gameplay is not okay at all. But after years of horrendous and unstable servers, no gameplay improvement from BHS, are people really truly to blame for take the game changing experience unto their own hands? I don't believe so.

The MMORPG genre as a whole has gone downhill and keeps going down with the years to come. People are fed up with the incompetence of Publishers/Developers. You are only truly saved of the latter if you play WoW or FFXIV, if not? You're doomed.

EME/BHS needed a very hard slap to the face, lets hope they can actually press X to revive the game.
DBTFdqp.png

Would you hold X?...
Pwhoops wrote: »
TheDarkWan wrote: »


I told you there's people [Insert adjective here] enough to think 'skill prediction' means that the enemy skills are being predicted and auto-dodged. It's 'skill prediction' because uses what is a called 'packet prediction', therefore 'skill prediction'. It just makes you feel like you're playing on 5 ping, it doesn't PREDICT enemy skills and 'auto-dodge them'. Obviously any research you did was extremely shallow, and is always from the lower-end part of the community who have no idea what they talking about.

All you are talking about is the skill prediction? what about the other cheats? like event hunt mob lactation and auto enrage and all rest of the cheats you guys used? STFU and leave you cheating lame brains.

Hey, dumb [filtered], the cheaters are still cheating. They can make their own proxy and half of the cheats don't even require a proxy, don't be an ignorant fool.

Exactly this. The people quitting are the people that didn't use the more exclusive modules. Thanks to EME, NA will be a playground for the malicious developers in the shadows.
Desperate attempt to appeal the people that left for EU.
Zerou wrote: »
If Players with High Ping can't do Intense PvE and PvP, then you can still play TERA on NA, but with limitations only.

Here are the list of things you can still do if you have 200ms+ Ping:
1. Daily Solo Questing.
2. Hunt some World Boss.
3. Crafting.
4. Exploring the World of Tera and be amaze.
5. Chatting with People.
6. Running Old and Low Level Dungeons (Just don't do 439+).
7. High Ping Player VS High Ping Player (This will be good, because you and your opponent is on the same playing field).
8. PVErp (The Best for some people).

Adapt and Survive is the best thing High Ping Players can do, until EME fixes all the issues and concerns of the game =) .

So basically nothing, gotcha.


@KillerPenguins

Please, you have 0 idea what you're talking about, please stop.

There’s only one thing in TERA that happens on your screen as soon as you press a button, and that’s movement. This is a technique called "client-side prediction" (You can google it). It’s still going to take 100 ms for the server to receive your new position, and then half of everyone else’s ping for them to see it, but at least on your own client, you see when you step forward or back instantaneously. It feels smooth and fluid.

What does that say about casting skills? Well, when you press the button, your client doesn’t actually do much of anything yet. It sends a request to do it to the server, who verifies a number of things (Was it off cooldown? Was it on a valid target? Are you not stunned or slept?) and then sends back an acknowledgment along with other information like the attack speed. Only then does your client animate that skill.

Let’s ignore chain skills for a moment. We’ve casted our first skill, but now we want to cast the second. We can’t do that while we’re already in a skill, so we have to wait for the first skill to finish animating.

But our first skill already took 200 extra ms to start.

And then we have to wait another 200 ms for the server to acknowledge our second skill.

That’s what’s colloquially known as “ping tax”, and you pay it on most everything you do in TERA.

Lockons are extra awful in this department. Entering the lockon pays ping tax, acquiring a lock pays ping tax, and then firing the skill pays ping tax.

Well, we can’t get rid of latency. It’ll always take 100 ms for the server to receive anything you send.

But what we can do is try our best to eliminate the ping tax on the client. When you try to cast a skill, skill predictors are really just tera-proxy modules that predict the acknowledgment reply from the server and send it to the client.

You say you want to cast Rapid Fire? The predictor instantly replies that you did it. That’s a whopping 0 ms on the ping tax. No need to wait for the server when you can just assume it was successful.

Sometimes, we get it wrong. There’s a lot of things the client doesn’t check before sending the server a request to cast a skill, so skill predictors have to be checking if you’re stunned or slept or knocked down, if you have appropriate prerequisite buffs to cast something, if you have glyphs or buffs that alter a specific skill’s attack speed… If we guess any of those wrong, you get desynced. Your client might still animate it, but it might be too slow, or too fast, or it wasn’t actually cast at all. Damage doesn’t happen, but you’re still stuck in animation.
The desperate damage control.
ElinLove wrote: »
>stop being delusional

Stop you being delusional, you know very well the game was in crap state before the merge, and you know very well that people just rush to get their crap sorted out post merge. Merge done? 'kay I'm out. This game has been like this since always, all you got now was the fusion of both.

Really. Stop the majority crap. Go ahead and quote Moongourd uploads like everyone else did as well like yeah that's "the majority".

I definitely do not doubt that the top dogs doing the competitive PVP/PVE runs have influence. But yes it still IS delusional to think that those rule the game. Whales are still whales paying for 100+ dollars of EMP to sell and get stuff easy. They don't even need the higher end runs to get their stuff, and definitely don't need to pull the top level damage numbers (who other than competitive ones need that anyway?). Those, are maintaining it standing. Those, got screwed on MERGE with character deletion. You just got into a very terrible timing for this, it was no wonder it would happen. I do agree it gave a nice push, but no more than this.

What should we believe, all the data proving us right or your baseless comment? The whales in this game were the high end community. All you'll have left is privileged people with 30ms left in the game. Even people that didn't use proxy but used DPS meter have no reason at all to stick around. You're truly delusional.
> @Xochiquetzals said:
> zenpiax wrote: »
>
> ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▄▄▇
>
>
>
>
> what does this mean?

This emote represents a dead person, it originates from Korea when BHS wanted to implement the Talismans and Korean players were unhappy and protested.
Its no secret that the EU, JP, & KR version of the game are way more optimized than NA. You can give it a try yourselves, the game feels entirely different.

XIGNCODE3 works in other games and potentially doesn't affect their performance because those games most of the time are well optimized (e.g: BDO). This 3rd party application affect TERA so much simply because the game is just horribly made. The client constantly has seizures. DDOSs itself (Normal Nocteniums) & constantly sending and receiving irrelevant things from the server, now add XIGNCODE3 on top of all this, you get an even worst experience.
ZingoPingo wrote: »
xhera wrote: »
You are basically telling the proxy community to f off and go to eu.
Pretty much. It's ruined the game in many elements for 2 years. People seem to forget all that issues that came with it in PvE and PvP.

PvP died before even Proxy was made public 1-2 years ago to the players. You're basically generalizing the entire Proxy community for your own vendetta. Normal people followed the rule to turn it off in PvP, you got a few bad apples and everyone should [filtered] themselves? Seems legit.

Either way, good luck being #1 on a pile of nothing. None of this would have happened if BHS was incompetent. But it seems like low-pinged players are hurt that the playing field was equalized atleast in PvE.

Don't worry, people will rise after the 16th only because they have low ping, not because they were good & people that are actually good at the game but can't simulate low ping will be shafted.
●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▄▄▇
Same thing happened with Lancer skills:
  • Righteous Leap -> Super Leap
  • Divine Aegis -> Divine Protection
  • Bulwark -> Guardian Barrier

No. Not for the last 3-4 years atleast. EME died when Treeshark, Tonka and the old OG team left.
T4RLHHNYH9 wrote: »
^
Could tank RRH. Dying and feeling useless in LKN now.

Yeah I don't understand, I'm having trouble in garbo like RKN now, game is a stop motion movie for me and unstable af ping.
LancerJiva wrote: »
What people should do is stop relying on 3rd party software to play and learn how to play the game without it. You take a lollipop from a baby after it sucks on it for awhile and it starts crying. That’s what this 3rd party software is, a handicap. I know someone who plays with nearly 300 ping for over 3 yeas now, and has gotten acustomed to it and used to it and plays just fine. So if they can do it so can everyone else. If you can’t, then Tera just isn’t for you.

This is coming from the Lancer that tickles the boss doing no damage in full Best in Slot gear, plays at like 20-30ms and barely plays the game. Unlike you and the white-knights people want to play the game how it was meant to be and not let latency take over the experience, because believe it or not, TERA is an entirely different game at low latency vs High latency.

Before you and any other ignorant comments on the matter, put yourself in the shoes of the people that are passionate about this game "Tera isn't just for you" doesn't help anybody, it kills the game YOU barely play.
Seriously EME. No, its not my internet, in other games and applications my ping sits at 60-70ms yet on TERA I can barely play now, lag freezing and input lag. You guys keep going from bad to worse with each week that passes.
Christin wrote: »
Oh please. WTF are they supposed to say? You tell a child no candy, there isn't much more to be said on the issue. People just want to cry and complain in hopes of getting EME to change their minds. It's not about wanting communication, it's about angry players wanting someone to argue with. Why on Earth would EME want to be a part of that?

If you don't know how this affects the community, stop commenting. We don't need more ignorant comments such as yours in these forums. At least one of your buddies now is banned.
Seriously. People arguing that the proxy is illegal sure, you have a point. People that used the proxy are using a sketchy batch file that changes a couple of things in game, sure a valid point as well.

People in this thread keep throwing crap at each other and none can understand that both have valid points yet all of you try to nullify each other.

My thoughts:

Proxy would have never happened if BHS had revisited their code when they were going to ship TERA to other regions because surprise, countries don't have the mighty Korean net nor games are exclusive to NA like in Korea is. TERA was horrendously made and BHS thought they were good enough to make their own net code instead of implementing an existing framework which failed, the game works in Korea amazingly because everyone there plays with 10-20ms.

All of this is product of BHSs incompetence and for the most part the only ones to blame, even their horrendous optimization and practices carried over to other games such as PUBG and even A:IR if you see the trailer.

I do agree that for a good part the community got into this themselves with things such as meme slash but the actions of a few shouldn't determine the future of the majority. The TERA Proxy Discord server that was closed had over 10k people in it, from all regions, not all of them had access to exploits because if everyone did, the game would legit be in another direction right now.

Yes, many resorted in an questionably illegal toolsto enhance their performance in PvE and PvP, but it was because these tools allowed you to play the classes in their true environment, as if you were in Korea, which is how classes were meant to be played.

For example, you can't play Lancer optimally or efficiently if you're above 60-70ms, evidently the higher the ping the slower you are & the less damage you do, are we really to blame for trying to play our classes how they were supposed to be played?

On the other hand you have a few people that disrupted the game in a malicious way (Accessing GM Panel & mem slash) and who knows what other exploits people in the shadow have that none of us know. With proxy gone and a good portion of the end-game community dipping after the 16th the real malicious people will have open cards to many things.

Until this point proxy was free to everyone and all the modules were available to you in just one step,which was joining the discord. Anyone could get their hands on it. Now that it got DMCA'd the picture is more grim, people could even start selling it exclusively and then the disparity will be even larger. Being bad wasn't an excuse anymore nor ping cause you had access to proxy, but now it adds another layer of difficulty as in people that are going to be able to maintain proxy by themselves will have the upper hand in everything. I believe EME didn't think this properly nor thought long term on how this decision would affect the community.

Yes, 3rd party sketchy things shouldn't be allowed but given the horrendous playing conditions this game has I believe a middle ground should be allowed. I am sure that the majority that use proxy only care about SP and other modules that correct TERA's crappy netcode. Exploiters and real malicious hackers should be 100% banned and removed from the game, that's for sure.

The problem is more ingrained to the core than just "People using 3rd party software" all of this is product of BHSs incompetence for over 6 years. Everyone patiently waited for an improvement, better servers, optimization & better netcode and they never delivered, the community took it into their own hands (With some malicious ones), things improved and now EME took it into their own hands to take a decision without simple knowledge on how the proxy works or what modules are actually malicious.

The DMCA should have been made to modules such as Infinite Journal, Broker/Bank everywhere or being real game alterations for example.

Those are my thoughts and if a middle ground is reached, indeed grim times will be upon TERA.
Mfw @Equitas called me toxic and many other things yet he's the one with a stuck up attitude. TIL.
Thank you for the informative post.
Never thought I'd see Equitas having a meltdown again.
Please don't derail this with petty back and forth, unlike the other useless threads this one is actually very concerning so DM yourselves if you guys wanna slap each other
Equitas wrote: »
AxeI wrote: »
Either a Chicago privileged or simply a casual that doesn't care how they play.

I don't know why you'd talk about casuals, when you made several inaccurate comments that showed your lack of game knowledge. You also considered Demokron Factory a raid.

Still waiting for you to reply to my DM. :)
Equitas wrote: »
sanj66 wrote: »
again with your baseless and non factor comments.

"baseless" "non factor"

I mean no offense, you attacked me personally before and I even provided evidence of the amount of HH runs I had on CH and told you I'd love to hear from you or something, and you never answered. Its okay to be a chicken but if you wanna argue, you're free to DM me about it. Lets leave the petty talk for another time, because clearly this is not it
Either a Chicago privileged or simply a casual that doesn't care how they play.
The infamous Hero here.

EME, you really done messed up. Everyone that is & has actively played this game wholeheartedly has disagreed with most of your decisions for the past 2-3 years. What does it take for you to realize you're doing so much wrong with every measure you take?

You never bothered talking to 3rd party developers in the instances that you said you actually extended a hand to them. You keep hiring people that have 0 clue of what they do in the game, our current CM has no way of playing this game outside the office because they do not have a PC, they have a Mac. So you basically hire someone to take the job but has no tools to learn about the game, progression, mechanics, players & end-game.

Proxy and its modules fix a good portion of the issues out there that makes this game unplayable. As a Lancer main I can't play the class optimally at 95ms so I'm going to have to quit, thanks to you. What you don't seem to get is that TERA, at its core, has so many issues that to fix they'd have to redo the entire game, and proxy alleviates this.

You basically shot yourself (once again) in the foot with this decision and this time for good. You don't care about the player base, that's some PR bs right there. If you cared you would have done the same as Gameforge, actually go after people that use these tools for malicious intent & leave the rest in the grey zone. Trying to play the game without actually breaking the experience for others isn't and will never be malicious.


EME's image along with its staff have lost so much respect over the past 2-3 years ever since Tonka left that its just sad. People used to actually meme that Gameforge were the worst publishers and EME was the best, and ironically the tables turned. Who would have known.
I don’t party with Ninjas before Awakening & I still won’t party with Ninjas after. Cx
> @Lapomko said:
> I play on AV it's far from fine for running all the content. You will have no problem running mid tier dungeons but if you are going go for RKEM/RMHM you will need to be known as a good god tier player and an easy going person. Theres only select small group of people that can clear those hard dungeon. The problem we have on AV is that capable players move to TR/MT all the time. I went through 4 statics since RKHM patch came out and now were struggling to fill in those spots when some one can't show up. Imagine that as a new player that wants to learn those end game content.
> Equitas wrote: »
>
> Dvsv wrote: »
>
> Nop.
> Player population imho is already low enough on "populated" servers like TR and MT (it's a far cry next to 2014~2016 Tera), you need to be crazy to start on CH FF AV now.
> Just ignore what ppl say here, they think steam charts is true only for the minority of the player base but somehow, we can't find the other "majority" of the players in game..
> It's just basic logic , if what steam chart say is the minority (i.e: 1600 players = 10-20% of the player population) then Tera is a very active MMO (8000 players lmao!!) and servers like AV should be filled with ppl...
>
> The truth is, AV is a pretty much dead server, it's impossible to sell anything on TB and it's very hard to run any end-game dungeon if you're not already in a clique/op guild.
>
> Imo, just cut the crap and play on MT or TR so you don't expend 1400/2400 emp transfering later..
>
>
>
>
> Yes, "Just ignore what ppl say here", despite us having 2 years of experience with this game and having hands-on experience with the population. Vinyl has probably been around longer than I have. I also want to point out that neither of us mentioned Steam or its charts. You're trying to argue against a point that was never made. If I were to make an estimate about Steam players, however, I'd put the number somewhere around 35%.
>
> I wouldn't say that AV is a dead server. Maybe it's dead for you if you're an obnoxious individual, because nobody wants anything to do with you, but I have no problem getting groups when I want them. You can put a party together fairly easily if you've shown you're competent. I'll admit the broker has been a little slow for selling fashion and other nonessentials, but I haven't had much trouble offloading materials. Uninformed comments such as yours do absolutely nothing to avert the population dilemma we'll inevitably face because everyone is getting told to go elsewhere.
>
>
>
>
> I don't know why you tell us to ignore him. Hes pretty right though from an end game player perspective. Many players already left AV due to this reason. I know who you are on AV and you don't even run the end game content.

@Equitas Claims many things, apparently he also plays on CH and considers himself a “Veteran”, wouldnt’t surprise me if he said the population of CH is fine. I sent him a DM a while ago cause he claimed I lacked game knowledge, showed him my character name and HH clears, needless to say...still waiting for a response.

Oh and yeah, AV is indeed a barren wasteland.
I'd remove them off my client if I could, gets exhausting when the game shoves Elins down your throat whenever it has the slightest chance.
The issue with what you said is that you expect that EME will actually do something about it. Your opinion is more emotional than anything, I want to enjoy the game again and a new place many new faces helps a ton, I moved solely because of that. Now of course you got people that move to clear more content and have accessibility to many other things, the crowd that often transfers away doesn’t really care, they want to play the game at its fullest without limitation. I got no friends left in CH & Im not interested in getting to know people there, I moved because my old group of friends in TR too.

People are free to do whatever they please in the end & people wont wait for a merge and stay in dead servers.
@CornishRex Can’t really blame the people that moved off CH. The server has nothing to offer unless you like drama or enjoy being a big fish in a small pond.

I myself moved to TR a week and a half ago and have been enjoying the game way more, partyinf with skilled people motivates people and I have a reason to get better.

I wish I wouldn’t had to transfer but sadly the server is in a state where to even do a simple RKE you have to summon the devil.
Good move from BHS. Apparently on the test server some dude spent 750k to get 2 good Tier 3s Talisman.

Though it was only scrapped because the Korean player base cried about it, it they wouldn’t have voiced their distate, they probably would’ve gone forward with it
For Lancer the best race when non-slaying is High Elf Male, for slaying Aman takes the cake.

Elin is niche with situational advantages on Lancer, for other races Im not entirely sure.
My god EME, you haven't learned.
My build is basically a toned down version of yours. I run TERA with a GTX970 AND Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8GHz with 8GB DDR4 RAM @2666Hz. I can run TERA at 60 FPS+ in dungeons at preset 5 and shadows off. Hope this gives you a bit more perspective.
Getting something wrong is fine, we all make mistakes here and there, but once the misinformation & lack of understanding in certain subjects just turns obvious & blatant, I think people have their right to voice and point out whats wrong. Certain users have shown their lack of experience and knowledge with certain topics throughout the forums, up until recently I started posting but I read quite a bit of the forums and the amount of misleading and misinformation here is outstanding.

There's a reason why there's a general culture ingame or rule of thumb that these forums are a meme and not helpful at all.

Speaking without knowledge of such topics can be quite dangerous, because you're potentially misleading new players, veterans & possibly EME staff. DPS Meter isn't a harmful tool whatsoever, it is when its in the hands of players that are too snubby and elitist, other than that aspect, its extremely useful and supported by a big portion of the community that ironically, do not browse the forums.

I can't encourage enough to people to document themselves well on the topic before voicing their opinion, the issue is that some people voice their opinions as FACTS and when they're called out on it when its completely false they pull the victim card.

ElinLove wrote: »
Keep trying to imply your own bias and hates on top of one player.

I saw at lest 4 players baiting, bickering and "you're useless and stupid for disagreeing with me" attitudes. Including you, don't play saint. Go ahead and include this exact comment on this list too if you want.

Again, the topic was actually ANSWERED, on page 1. OP wanted to know if he can or cannot do a DPS meter and the answer came quickly. Then, it started with people debating wether it's useful or not for the less knowledgeable player, which automatically gave way to "you're stupid for disagreeing with me" comments.
This whole deal about DPS meter is more like a cult. You love it and you hate who don't, or vice versa, otherwise you're not entitled to give an opinion.

Some people reacted in not a very nice way because there are people spreading blatant misinformation. And when those people are extremely active users in the forums, it leaves you wondering what else has been spread & people unaware agree with them when they don't understand the argument/premise.
@MistyTera Please, just stop. This thread could've possibly served as means for EME to understand our PoV but you're being extremely childish.
I have a Ryzen 5 1600 with a GTX970 with 8GB DDR4 RAM and I can run the game quite smoothly. With certain tweaks in TRNM I can achieve 60FPS+ aswell as in RK in combat. Might not be the ones you mentioned but I hope it gives you a slight idea.
Some people have strayed so far from the main point that it doesn't even make sense to keep arguing.
5NY47CCA6Y wrote: »
Most MMORPG, even the action ones doesn't have this meter thing and people can tell if they're playing their class right or wrong or feel they can get better without it. The most I see people use this thing is "look my d*** is bigger than yours" ever since that I knew that my characters name could be on that damned site where it shows how much damage I did and my place on group rank, my life has on Tera has been more stressfull cause I keep with this annoying thing on my mind that if I make a mistake I would possibly gain a "trash award" with my nick and everything I did exposed for everyone without my consent. So yeah, people keep trying to pretend to argue that its a tool for making the game better and its essential while I only experienced stress with it.

Yeah I understand how you feel, I honestly have no argument against that. Though the difference must be pointed out, the "site" =/= Meter, the tool itself is helpful, the site is a double edged sword. I'd also like to point out that even if you don't run meter and someone in your party does, your data will still get parsed to the site, which is extremely annoying.

If anything regarding this whole thing would be nice to have an option to block your entries to the site, they have that but you have to donate if you check the FAQ.

Many of us have gone exactly to what you feel like, I myself was in that position in the past but I don't care so much anymore cause I play extremely casually now, cause its just not worth it to keep up with it.
MistyTera wrote: »
Here's the truth, you can't have a dps meter. Why not? Because isn't the effort of trying to figure it out yourself worth it to you? I guess not, otherwise it's cheating, so now you know why EME/BHS forbids the use of them.

So if I understood correctly, your first two sentences you're saying that if you don't want to rely on vague data provided by the game and want to use a tool for more indepth AND detailed information, that doesn't directly impact the gameplay you're cheating? I...can't even.
Over the years players have figured out what to do. There are meters in game that help know that you are getting damage quite enough by fast dps. Rage meters on some classes and even on the warrior, there is meter to tell when to crit skill.

Players knew what do to based on assumptions and probabilities, thanks to meter we can pinpoint better what we need to do and prioritize, what rolls are more efficient in x patch ect. Rage meters? Scythe on warrior? Are you joking? These things do NOT provide any sort of iindepth information they barely scrap the surface, only when to use x skill and thats vague itself, the damage done by x skill plus their effectiveness have been confirmed by guess what, meter.

Many theorycrafters that have helped the community have used Meter as a way to confirm their theories and formulas running their tests.



Truly it's frustrating I know, but really once you think about it, it wouldn't be PvP if players had DPS meters to help them determine. The skill hit counter is given huge tool; look at it. Fighting some BAM and doing your thing helps determine those outcomes. That's how I always tested. Glyphs help on that build up that later help assist you on building up your crit-chance as I noticed. Obviously you have to know which are your dps skills and crit skill. So pay attention to your glyphs because some of them are made to increase damages of all skills, help you crit, etc. Your special rage skills or skills that typically take a long time cooldown that crit, I would ignore them by glyphs. There are many factors of glyphs that help other skills by damage, as I noticed; use them.

I cringed really bad reading this piece but I'll try to understand you. Meter doesn't read Player vs. Player damage for instance (At least that Im aware of) its a PvE tool. Testing on BAMs is the worst place you could test your skills on why? Because you're not taking the party factor that can increase your DPS a lot, for example:
  • Lancer buffs + Debilitate debuff / Brawler Endurance debuff
  • Priest/ Mystic buffs
  • Warrior party attack speed buff
  • Valkyrie Crescent thingie ( I forgot the exact name)
  • Consumables (Bravery, feast, Noctenium, ect.

These are the things I can think of on the top of my head. Basically, you're not getting any accurate information. There's a reason why some classes are bad at doing IoD but obviously are great when doing dungeons. The next following sentences you're basically saying "You don't need meter to determine your DPS, just do A -> B -> C and you'll know" its actually way more complicated than that.
Players have figured out over the years and those players tend to share with the community, here on these forums. So really that's why I say essential mana is really helpful. It has helped me balance my classes to achieve results. Experiment and find the meridian of your class.

Like I said before, its more complicated than that. Players that have done theorycrafting after the release of meter have been able to provide SOLID data as to why do x thing and not do x. Guides now provide a lot more information than what they used to back then. Compare a Lancer guide from 2-3 years ago to the ones up right now in EssentialMana, you'll see the outstanding difference.

Pretty much everything was summed up in this Reddit thread.
Equitas wrote: »
AxeI wrote: »
Please obviate & excuse certain comments in this thread, far too many times some people get involved in discussions when they have no knowledge of the topics at hand.

I wouldn't exactly say you're knowledgeable yourself. Your post history is littered with condescending remarks, no shortage of them directed at Usagi. You have shown zero knowledge of game mechanics despite attacking others for their opinion of them. The few times you've tried to talk about mechanics, you were called out for not knowing what you were talking about. You constantly talk about how you're clearing raids and hard dungeons on CH. I've looked and asked around. I've never seen you. Nobody seems to know who you are. I suppose that's convenient that you talk about it here. Most of their veteran players don't seem to look at the forums to call you out on it.
CornishRex wrote: »
You're just posting unreasonable things again so a lot of people are flocking in to point out you're wrong, again.

Usagi isn't necessarily wrong here. Meters themselves aren't a solution to any problem. The people running meters just snub those they see as underperforming without any explanation more often than not. Telling someone to download a meter for themselves isn't going to solve their problems. They see numbers. What do you do with those numbers? Do you change your gear rolls? Do you change your glyphs? Do you change your rotation? Is there a problem with equipped crystals? They need a sense of direction in order to improve. We just dismiss that with "Go read a guide." Guides exist for a reason, and they do come in handy, but the community acts like they'll be stricken down by God himself if they try to teach other players a thing or two.

Ah yes, resorting into the good ol' reddit tactic of browsing history, I do remember you back when I said CH was clearing HH and you were making quite dumb remarks about how actually we're not clearing and that "Demokorn Factory" doesn't count as a raid, I can still see you're holding tight to your grudges. By the way, Forum name =/= Ingame name just incase, of course no one will know who you're talking about when I use my real name as my forum name and not my IGN.

You seem to be quite disconnected with the CH scene, if your definition of "Veteran" is just people that have played the game but never in an outstanding way then yeah cause I don't hang out with randoms or talk to people outside my group. if we're talking about "Veterans" as in min-maxers in CH, I know a good portion of them.

I'm still pondering why you bring something irrelevant to the topic into this matter, its a fact that some people spread misinformation in these forums like we've seen.
Usagi isn't necessarily wrong here. Meters themselves aren't a solution to any problem.

It is a solution to problems, quite a lot actually. See the evolution of guides for example, detail math, formula ect. not like before which was based on surface research, never anything actually indepth.
The people running meters just snub those they see as underperforming without any explanation more often than not.

That's not the meters fault though, the issue is with the people that use the tool. If such thing happen then action must be taken, ironically the crowd that does actually bash is quite a few (Assuming we're talking about ingame snubbing)
Telling someone to download a meter for themselves isn't going to solve their problems. They see numbers. What do you do with those numbers? Do you change your gear rolls? Do you change your glyphs? Do you change your rotation? Is there a problem with equipped crystals? They need a sense of direction in order to improve.

Meter is designed in a way that anyone with below 40 IQ can understand skill damage breakdown & overall DPS. Like I replied to Usagi in a post before, reading guides and having someone to guide a player & using a Meter go hand by hand because people will see actual PROOF that they're improving and what they read or got advice about is actually delivering results.

ElinUsagi wrote: »
Ardire wrote: »
how do you ya'll think.... guides get made.... how do you think the guide makers figure out what an optimal rotation is...... what glyphs will out put the best damage in said optimal rotation..... take a second, think about it. the answer might shock you!!!

Guides were made even before dps meter came into the game.

If we didn't get mters we will still have guides and theorycrafters.

Previous guides were made with black box testing, nothing was accurate back then. We would still have guides and theorycrafters but not as in-depth as it is now.
BHSs logic will never cease to amaze me. Change something that didn't need fixing or change when there are way more important things they could be working on.
If you're a former player that can easily hit the new gear and clear endgame, maybe. If you're starting from scratch, its not worth it.
Final thoughts for the OP. If you're a new player, choose the class you like and get a feel for it, get to 65 and gear up. If you want to go hard and be pretty good read the guides and consider the meter to help you strive, aslong as you don't use it to shame other players you're fine.

If you're an existing player, it will help you a lot and things will definitely change overtime.

Please obviate & excuse certain comments in this thread, far too many times some people get involved in discussions when they have no knowledge of the topics at hand.
ElinUsagi wrote: »

Thank you for proving me in the right.

You don't need meters to do research, you can doit without it and people were doing it before meters were brought into the game, and as I said, it is a tool for min-maxers more than for begginers.

Is like giving a calculator to a elementary school child without explaining him how to make arithmetic operations.

Yeah, pls embarrass yourself more.

Except you're not right at all & cherrypicking to force your point. When you quote someone you quote the full context, in this case you quoted half the sentence to save yourself from the embarrassment.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
CornishRex wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
AxeI wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
If you think that "explian them the proper way to play" is to tell them to read a guide then your whole post have already take a wrong direction.

Thank you for proving that using DPS meters derail you from thinking and only make you a pupet of numbers you don't understand.

You don't make any sense, please gather your thoughts before posting. DPS Meter does the exact opposite, it makes you think more and strive for gameplay perfection.

You should try it.

Give a DPS meter to a new player and don't explain him anything and to another new player give him guidance.

It is obvious the outcome.

This is something common even in real life, as I said the DPS metters have neglected you to see the obvious.

??????? You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, please stop it's embarassing.
No guides and theorycrafting would be available to you without dps meters.

There would be guides an theoricraft even without dps metters, you are embarrasing yoursleft saying that, I suppose dps metters have neglected you to think about it.

Please, just stop. The guides up for each class have reached their conclusion because of research and also help provided by the Meter. You're are completely disconnected.
ElinUsagi wrote: »

You should try it.

Give a DPS meter to a new player and don't explain him anything and to another new player give him guidance.

It is obvious the outcome.

This is something common even in real life, as I said the DPS metters have neglected you to see the obvious.

Your argument still doesn't make sense, you didn't bother to read anything I said. Both things go hand by hand, I will copy paste one of the points I mentioned:
I'm going to assume that when you say "someone explain them the proper way to play" means they read a guide. Theory = / = Practice. Someone won't start playing godlike after reading a guide or even if someone tells them "Oh, just do X > X > X > X and you'll do great" improving DPS takes time and perfection in gameplay.

Of course these things help but it doesn't cover the whole premise, I never denied it in any points I made. I stated it takes time and if we go by what you just said ANY experienced player will tell a new player to read the guide of their respective class and get a Meter, no one in their right minds will just tell someone to read the guide or just blatantly follow someone word of mouth without backed up information.

Your argument holds no base, its like I'm arguing against nothing. Please I URGE you to think before posting.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
If you think that "explian them the proper way to play" is to tell them to read a guide then your whole post have already take a wrong direction.

Thank you for proving that using DPS meters derail you from thinking and only make you a pupet of numbers you don't understand.

You don't make any sense, please gather your thoughts before posting. DPS Meter does the exact opposite, it makes you think more and strive for gameplay perfection.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Many people I have seen using dps meters before improving their skills do not improve at all until "someone explain them the proper way to play".
.

I'm going to assume that when you say "someone explain them the proper way to play" means they read a guide. Theory = / = Practice. Someone won't start playing godlike after reading a guide or even if someone tells them "Oh, just do X > X > X > X and you'll do great" improving DPS takes time and perfection in gameplay.

Meter helps you study ALL you did in a fight and provides more hindsight and data to study the things you could improve and what went wrong.

ElinUsagi wrote: »
DPS meters have made more people dumb enought to not think by themselves because that tool is not helpful at all if you don't know the basic and sadly many people begin to use them before understanding the basics.
.

This statement doesn't make any sense, at all. Meter hasn't made people dumb, it makes people more aware and conscious of their playstyle and pushes means to improve. I'm not sure why you're trying to convey your argument with "its not helpful if you don't know the basic" and even then its still useful cause people start from the bottom so what you're saying is null.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
DPS meter is only a tool for min-maxing, that being said it is only helpful at a highest level of skills but for people below the average is more like a double sword edge, making them too dependant on looking at their numbers without knowing what they are doing wrong.
.

Yes, DPS meter is a tool for min-maxing & no it isn't only helpful at the highest level of skills. The players at the top achieved where they're at because they started at the bottom or, how you say it "People that don't know the basics" used this tool to strive and improve close to perfection.
Your 2nd point in this doesn't make sense at all, again. People that want to get better will look at the numbers, thats how it is.
TERA is horribly optimized and partly its fault of the disgusting Adobe Flash UI they decided to implement. I recommend the option to hide UI elements when in combat, helps a lot.
Even if BHS makes their own ingame DPS meter it will never be as in-depth as the one currently out, it will just say "Example dealt 22% of the damage" and that's it. If you want to pinpoint your issues you're gonna have to use the more in-depth one that gives you all the data you need to find what you're doing wrong and what skills to prioritize.
MistyTera wrote: »
Look at your damage points in game! WHO NEEDS A DPS METER? Can't you see it already? Seriously you have a DPS meter, because just simply look at YOUR OWN DAMAGE OUTPUT! IT'S GIVEN! Where is the common sense in this community? Sorry, but really looking at your damage values is your DPS meter! Just know which skills are dps skills, crit skills, and you will do fine. Always use glyphs that give you extra crit. Figure it out for yourself on IoD bams. There is your testing! JUST STOP ASKING FOR METERS!

Seriously time and time again! Stop asking about if you can use meters! It's against the rules to use third-party apps! You will get banned!

Here is a suggestion. If you're not fast enough on keyboard. Buy a mouse with buttons. My friend likes it, I don't, it's preference.

Just because a skill of yours does 10 million on hit doesn't mean you're doing 10mill per second. If you knew the technical premise of the whole DPS meter you'd knew better. Ingame hits and hitting IoD BAMs like you mentioned won't EVER provide an indepth explanation of skill breakdowns.

DPS meters are essential to improve, of course in any other scenarios you'll always get bad apples that will shame people but that applies to pretty much everything. DPS meter has helped many people improve and pinpoint what they're doing wrong in a fight. What you're saying is extremely naive and ignorant.
MistyTera wrote: »
AxeI wrote: »
I would advice the OP to document themselves well before making accusations, the level of ignorance is appalling.

Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution or similar event, your information may be part of the transferred assets.

I think you don't even understand the full context of that statement. If by any chance Hammer & Chisels gets bought by x company (corporate sale) their assets will be transferred to such company. At the moment of dissolution, bankruptcy or any other similar event, Hammer & Chisels can sell Discord along with all the assets that belong to it, yes this includes our information.

Not sure where you got the information but Hammer & Chisels (Discord owners) haven't gotten sued in the 3 years of its release, so I'm not sure where you're getting all this conflictive information.

Second, if we assume your premise is right, why do you care so much? If you care so much about your information being sold you should stop using the internet as a whole, cause guess what, all companies do it. If you're not an important public figure you shouldn't be worrying, you'd have all the right to be alarmed.
There was a CBT if I remember correctly but I do not have much info about it.

The game is more grindy than before & full BiS (Full Stormcry +9) isn't easily achieved though you can easily do all content if you get Stormcry +0 and just get your weapon to atleast +5 which is extremely doable and easy. I'd say the pros of this new gearing system is that you dont necessarily need to be 100% decked out to deal damage, if you manage to get your weapon to +7, you're more than fine. Though the game kinda forces you to full +9 if you're a hardcore player cause armor pieces at +8 grant you 1% damage increase to monsters, if you're not interested in that then you're fine.

As for tanks, the tier goes Lancer -> Warrior Tank -> Brawler. Though Warrior Tank -> Brawler is debatable.
ElinLove wrote: »
Obs wrote: »
Gatokatzen wrote: »
Tera needs a tank healer class, which do low damage but can stand a lot critical hits, while health party. That class will be a dream. Improve queque times x one million

This was actually one that I had personally requested semi-recently. ;)

I definitely like the sound of a class that is a hybrid of Tanking and Healing.

The class would probably have pretty low DPS output, but high amount of health, high defense modifier, high balance modifier, and high resistances.
And there would be a constant flow of aggro through skills that damage outright or overtime, some of which provide health back to the character and their Party / Raid.

This class wouldn't really be played unless it can do healer mechanics, like Dispels/Sleep/Secondary Aggro attacks, with Secondaries being extremely important for party safety. If it can't, then there's no reason to pick it over a Brawler who does much more damage or a Lancer/Warrior who actually provides DPS buffs to the party.

If you can queue/enter a 5 man run with 4 DPS and one tank + healer combo, I don't see why "it won't be played". It will likely be the new choice for top tier players to maximize run speed, if done correctly. If it can keep the aggro well enough, that is. Healing being almost a bonus.

Thing is, This game has no mechanic that would allow such class to exist and perform the task that is meant to be cause things are already too straight forward. Its like releasing a sword on a game that revolves around guns. And as Obs said, such class wouldn't really be opted for if it comes to a efficient level of play.

On top of things there are already two healers, people complain that there are only two but the next thing that could be released is a damage dealer healer or something which would just make game balance even more sh*t.
Sadly this game takes any chance they can to shove people Elins down our throats. And it has turn into a bigger nuisance with the new loading screens.
Gatokatzen wrote: »
Tera needs a tank healer class, which do low damage but can stand a lot critical hits, while health party. That class will be a dream. Improve queque times x one million

This game doesn't have any reason to have a class like this, let alone any mechanic.
Mostly I've been a PvE Hero my entire TERA life & only recently dwelled into PvP and actually enjoyed it even though previously I had criticized the scene.

I've had some experience in mass as Lancer and it seems pretty straigh forward, land giga, Rallying Cry when the situation presents it ect. but I'd like to get some tips on mass.

Also the hardest, learning how to actually 1v1. In 1v1s I get absolutely destroyed by anything, obviously due to my lack of experience, what would be a good start to learn how to 1v1?
For a long time Elite has needed a rework. Elite is NOT worth paying for with in-real life money objectively speaking. Its only worth it if you buy in-game off other players through broker.

Would like to see something like it was previously that at the end of your subscription you get a reward that could incentive you to purchasing elite.

Only thing useful right now are the double runs, CCB, Broker fee removal & maybe discounts at the EMP store. The rest is niche.
- What Class were you playing on ? Lancer
- What Zone were you located in ? Open World
- What type of Monster were you fighting ? Tested with IoD, Dungeons & Guardian Mission mobs
- What Skills were you using ? Lancer skills
- What Buffs did you have applied ? Nostrum, Bravery, Noctenium
- What time of day did it begin ? February 6th (Last maintenance)
Part of being a good DPS/Tank is that you don't die. Just party with better players if such change bothers you so much.
Please no. Give ideas to improve what we currently have or work on optimization. Its like trying to make a dog with no legs run.
What limits EME are policies imposed by BHS, its not because they can't do it.
I had the same problem, both of my dragons weren't working so I contacted support and they fixed the issue. I advice you send a ticket aswell.
ElinLove wrote: »
AxeI wrote: »
ElinLove wrote: »
AxeI wrote: »
ElinLove wrote: »
AxeI wrote: »
Lapomko wrote: »
You are quite naive to think that eme doesn't know how the game works. They can easily go through their logs and figure out whois using it. So they wouldn't ban this guy with just a speculation.

At least I make people aware to think twice before posting their lag issue on forum. If you have nothing to hide you don't have to be scared in the first place..
The keyword in this guy post is "last week".

The only person that is naive in this post is you. EME CAN'T detect the tools you might know of unless 1) Someone is dumb enough to say it in chat 2) The individual is recorded doing x unethical thing.

If that was the case, 90% of the population would be banned by now.

Just... let the stupid meme die already. It wasn't funny nor made sense a year ago, it still doesn't.

Not a meme, its a fact.

y...yes brb turning off my 3rd parties cause I'm not on the 10% but luckily haven't gotten banned yet.

I love how you guys claim FACTS about percentages out of one's sphincter, but then try to ridicule others when they say their own stuff you don't agree with. Then, I'm the idiot, yeah sure.

I guess you don't know what figure of speech is.

Nah it's a stupid meme that was stupid back then and just gets worse. Let go of the 3rd party "witch hunt" (that never did happen).
No, it's not even a majority using any tools.

Not gonna bother arguing with you since you don't and won't ever understand the current premise.
Best race for Lancer are now Aman & High Elf Male. Aman is mostly cause you can slay with 99% damage reduction and basically play god mode. The best Lancer NA currently confirmed that High Elf Male is the best non-slaying race due to faster rotations than the rest of the races.

Elin Lancer is niche, faster skating & bigger reach isn't beneficial all the times.
ElinLove wrote: »
AxeI wrote: »
ElinLove wrote: »
AxeI wrote: »
Lapomko wrote: »
You are quite naive to think that eme doesn't know how the game works. They can easily go through their logs and figure out whois using it. So they wouldn't ban this guy with just a speculation.

At least I make people aware to think twice before posting their lag issue on forum. If you have nothing to hide you don't have to be scared in the first place..
The keyword in this guy post is "last week".

The only person that is naive in this post is you. EME CAN'T detect the tools you might know of unless 1) Someone is dumb enough to say it in chat 2) The individual is recorded doing x unethical thing.

If that was the case, 90% of the population would be banned by now.

Just... let the stupid meme die already. It wasn't funny nor made sense a year ago, it still doesn't.

Not a meme, its a fact.

y...yes brb turning off my 3rd parties cause I'm not on the 10% but luckily haven't gotten banned yet.

I love how you guys claim FACTS about percentages out of one's sphincter, but then try to ridicule others when they say their own stuff you don't agree with. Then, I'm the idiot, yeah sure.

I guess you don't know what figure of speech is.
ElinLove wrote: »
AxeI wrote: »
Lapomko wrote: »
You are quite naive to think that eme doesn't know how the game works. They can easily go through their logs and figure out whois using it. So they wouldn't ban this guy with just a speculation.

At least I make people aware to think twice before posting their lag issue on forum. If you have nothing to hide you don't have to be scared in the first place..
The keyword in this guy post is "last week".

The only person that is naive in this post is you. EME CAN'T detect the tools you might know of unless 1) Someone is dumb enough to say it in chat 2) The individual is recorded doing x unethical thing.

If that was the case, 90% of the population would be banned by now.

Just... let the stupid meme die already. It wasn't funny nor made sense a year ago, it still doesn't.

Not a meme, its a fact.
ElinLove wrote: »
AxeI wrote: »
[...]
Also:
ElinLove wrote: »
... low active population? Sure, this I agree

You pretty much contradicted yourself in everything you said. Why are you arguing that it isn't dead but at the same time contradicting yourself saying its dead. Legit in anything you say in these forums make no sense whatsoever. Just stop.

If you had any reading comprehension you would see what I mean: the situation sure is bad, as well as the rest of the game, but then again, people make it way worse with those 100% baren zones. "just stop talking" for you too, read a bit. Low population sure, entirely dead like they make it out? Not so. There are people, and like I said, if there IS people on a random time I find convenient to log in, this just means that... there ARE people. You further saying that NA prime time is a different moment further proves you didn't bother s**** to read after all, I did say that during those random moments outside those prime times there ARE people = people from different time zones log there.

You're trying so hard to stretch things to prove your point, its just laughable. Any person with common sense knows that when the majority of the population focuses in two servers when there are 5 servers there's something obviously wrong. Going with your narrative, low population is still critical, extremely in fact. There are people incapable on transferring unlike many of us that have that privilege.

Low population means everyone knows each other, also means people can easily be labeled and excluded which can lead to players having an extremely hard time fining parties for basic things. In AV there's not much variety, its not like TR or MT where you have all ranges of players, from hardcore min-maxers to people that just aslong as they clear everything will be gucci to people that afk 24/7.

At this point of TERA's age a merge is more than beneficial, no matter how much you want to nitpick "u gaiz ar exagerateng" its a fact that AV is in an extremely critical condition and it should be addressed ASAP.
ElinLove wrote: »
ElinLove wrote: »
Let's just cut this crap now:
AV has a different prime time.
Your argument has no support to it -- nothing in what you wrote later on explains why AV has a different prime time, nor does it explain that the so-called `prime time` of other servers differ from AV. in addition, my focus is on the endgame players -- those that are willing and capable of running `hard` instances such as RKEM and RKEM (without slaying of course). if anything, i would have to ask whether you used the Instance Matching System to "[run] those random lower tier stuff to gear up". IMS is cross-server matching, and once matched, party members of different server have an asterisk (*) next to their name.

Not saying that comparing one server to another server is definitive to say that the lesser populated server is dead, but it does give a good sense numerically whether or not the population on one server is lacking relative to the compared. the pictures therefore are evidence that some servers do indeed have less population when those pictures are taken at the same time (+/- a few minutes due to relogging). also to add, i don't think anyone needs to rig anything to say that AV is quite the ghost town at the moment.

My point is, that yes it WAS chosen a pretty dead time. Right now, log into AV. "but muh hardcore end-game" yeah there's more to the game than just that. There simply can be servers for the hardcore players (say, MT) and the casuals that log every now and then for low end stuff (say, AV and CH). You all just base the entire game on nothing else than the hard modes, sorry don't try to deny it just IS this, whenever people complain about anything here it's the hard/extreme dungeons having no LFGs = dead.
Guardian missions do have people there, there ARE LFGs, low active population? Sure, this I agree. It's in other hand entirely stupid how people take those pretty specific shots of places with no one there at very specific times.

A TL;DR if you may: yes, the pics were cherry picked to show the worst of the worst. Even if it IS bad (and I agree it IS, but so is the entire game as well, maybe AV is on the worst), it's not nearly what pics showed always. I can really just log at any moment that I normally do, and take better shots with more people randomly AFKing in Highwatch.

Just, stop talking, please. Someone has even mentioned before that even AV Guardian Missions are a barren wasteland. You don't actively play in AV so you literally have NO base to be so opinionated. I have active friends in AV and they struggle for something not hardcore such as TRNM and RK9N. In AV if you're not in any of the clique groups you're pretty much screwed if you actually want to play actively & do all content.

You're basing this in the timezone where YOU can login. Prime time on NA isn't until more hours (5-6PM EST - 11PM during weekdays & weekends evenings to night).

Also:
ElinLove wrote: »
... low active population? Sure, this I agree

You pretty much contradicted yourself in everything you said. Why are you arguing that it isn't dead but at the same time contradicting yourself saying its dead. Legit in anything you say in these forums make no sense whatsoever. Just stop.
You don't know what you're talking about if you think AV is actually alive. Being online at 9-11am NA isn't prime time during the week for AV. All servers have the same prime time, it doesn't make sense that servers have "different prime times". Once again as many times before you show you know nothing about this game.
Lapomko wrote: »
You are quite naive to think that eme doesn't know how the game works. They can easily go through their logs and figure out whois using it. So they wouldn't ban this guy with just a speculation.

At least I make people aware to think twice before posting their lag issue on forum. If you have nothing to hide you don't have to be scared in the first place..
The keyword in this guy post is "last week".

The only person that is naive in this post is you. EME CAN'T detect the tools you might know of unless 1) Someone is dumb enough to say it in chat 2) The individual is recorded doing x unethical thing.

If that was the case, 90% of the population would be banned by now.

Ammutseba wrote: »
To be a good CM though
  • admit that you're not TERA savvy (because chances are you don't know more than "this class is cool 'cause its an elin" or something along the lines of nothing to do with gameplay) but that you are willing to learn and actually BE willing to learn

It's just my personal opinion, but I would like to see a CM level a character from the beginning all the way up to +9 Stormcry (as a normal player would). I don't think you can empathize with the community until you fully understand what it takes to reach that level. They could even make it part of the twitch stream to help other players (sort of like a zero to hero series).

Which Class would you like to see leveled ?

Probably a class like Lancer, Warrior, Sorcerer or Zerk which require a decent amount of effort to be good at, in my opinion.
Yeah I agree. I've gotten to the point where I don't use Noctenium in dungeon runs unless its a hard mode, before I would use them for everything, now its impossible.
People saying CH is dead, its not. The thing is after the massive loss of people that transferred away, people have been locking themselves in closed communities to get things done. Many people actually run content and stuff like RKE but the thing is, they don't do it with just anyone.

I for once refuse to tank LFGs and most of the time will seek aid from my guildmates instead of randoms, only will result to LFG in extreme scenarios where for example, if I can't find a healer.

It does give the impression that the server is dead though because people rely on guildmates more instead of LFGing.
I would advice the OP to document themselves well before making accusations, the level of ignorance is appalling.
SageWindu wrote: »
AxeI wrote: »
How could you crap in the game. Where all the characters who have a block suck, because the block does not work against BAM

???

Some basic BAM attacks go right through a character's block as if they weren't blocking. So for lancers and brawlers especially this renders a sizable chunk of their defenses null.

Are you sure they're not just having delays? I've been able to block all basic BAM attacks you speak of in Guardian Missions.
Lyanni wrote: »
TYoung11 wrote: »
Kek, for those saying healers are shafted...your dead wrong x) Healers are getting top contribution, I am getting rank 1-2 every time on a frost priest o.O Just go full DPS. For those complaining about not getting healed, the only damage on these BAM's comes from mechs. If your dying your failing mechs, stop face tanking -_-

Oh my, the people in your guardian missions suck in dealing damage then, just saying ._.
Dont generalize because in your server or in the time you're playing there's no one around that can deal damage as they're suppose to.

As a SC priest, with crystals and glyphs for DPS on, i can only get Top rank when the people around suck big time... Most of the time i get 3% - 4% contribution, last places, DPSing non stop.

If you knew better, you'd know that Tanks and Healers get more contribution points due to their obvious lack of damage.
MT = TR > CH = FF > AV
How could you crap in the game. Where all the characters who have a block suck, because the block does not work against BAM

???
You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.