TERA Online forum archive
Toggle all posts - Display mode: Posts - Threads - Filter: none - moderated
I don't know whether you live in a bubble or not...

but most if not all games have that problem.

I have mentioned this in another thread, if botters cannot be 100% removed from any game (even Tera's anti-bot gameplay had flaws), I would be surprised if even 10% of the said "hackers" are banned at this point.

I heard that the number of people using said scripts (free or paid) have rose over the past year. The biggest reason being the acute instability of the server affecting the ability to play the game normally. Second but very notable reason is that they don't live geographically close to the server, and 90% of the game is inaccessible to them due to the game being balanced more around low ping players. (You won't be able to break RK9 shield in normal mode at 250ms ping unless your party is in full stormcry, a huge jump from the basic requirement of full frostmetal, imagine hard/extreme mode).

As a to-be comp-sci undergraduate myself, I would like to highlight that you may actually have people around you already using scripts without you knowing. That is the truth for scripts, it can be really subtle and it can completely emulate the game's normal course of action, but in reality the person could be doing 0ms rotations from EU (which is about 100-150ms), and you wouldn't even know, because it isn't something like a certain oneshot script.

If EME does an actual blanket ban I am actually interested how many players will be left in the game tbh. I am expecting less than 20%.
Calm down your paranoia, this is disturbing to read
What a hilarious thread. Are you in Flat Earth Society, too?
I'm surprised you don't take this seriously. This is still an occurring issue with Tera Hacks!
Upon reading this thread and reading how easy it is to hack Tera from a script and how BHS does nothing to prevent it except ban people who mention it, but also the other side's point of view about how this proxy thing helps players (but hurts EME and BHS) why wouldn't EME/BHS take this program, buy it or hire the people who made it, fund some sort of security program to make it exclusively available as an EME/BHS product, and USE it?

If it truly fixes the lag issues and many other shortcomings of the game... sure EME and BHS can take a hard stance on it and just say "no you will be banned" but if it were me/my company I'd hire these people, make the program or whatever it is more secure, and let people use it to help improve the game.

Probably that's not gonna happen though, but seriously now I'm kinda worried about the security of this game knowing how easily it can be hacked if someone could just easily bypass login fail into a GM account, that's insane.

The way it was used of what I've heard and seen, it slows everyone else down. Honestly I'm not going to discuss this furthermore! Second I know it's that scary. Really if people are still hacking Tera and I've seen it happen by how people rant about out, I mean seriously BHS/EME haven't solved the security breaches. Perhaps a bit, but really there are more to be dealt with. That's what scares me the most! I just pray about it- Dear EME/BHS, please keep me safe, better yet SKYWHALE...sorry irrelevant to anything; my sense of humor. I just hope that I'm safe, that's all. Anyways BHS/EME really need to get on the case and look at exploits involved on Tera. That's all I'm going to say.
Hi Players,
Our school is having a fundraiser. Please donate any amount you can to help these young athletes. Most appreciated.

https://app.snap-raise.com/fundraisers/diamond-bar-color-guard-2018/participant/1242307?share_type=facebook_share
Khatarsis wrote: »
Misty, you are not the customer, you are the product being sold, to us, I'm not into management but for this a suspension at least is worthy, to get you straight.

AGAIN...Use Discord all you want, but for the record of what I've been telling you, be careful on what you post! I made that statement countless of times! If this really bothers you? Why do you care to make a post arguing about it, while I'm here stating that you should precaution when using it? Because this guy got sued on past apps! There's a legit reason to why I suggest be careful on what you post! You don't know, but most likely when it's free, you are the product being sold!

I mean really how are they making money? Explain that and get back with me.

01/GAMEBRIDGE. Revenue Potential: SaaS for Developers (third-party)
02/STREAMKIT. Revenue Potential: Revenue sharing/3rd party app integration/Steam competitor (third-party)
03/GAME REVENUE SHARING. Revenue Potential: Game sales revenue sharing/Steam competitor (third-party)
04/NITRO (NO ONE HARDLY USES IT-HAD SO MANY SECURITY ISSUES)
05/ADVERTISING (MEANING YOU!)

Wondering how we’ll make money? In the future there will be optional cosmetics like themes, sticker packs, and sound packs available for purchase. We’ll never charge for Discord’s core functionality-QUOTE DISCORD

Also merchandise clothing. Really?

Are they really making that much off game revenue? SIMPLY DATA REVENUE!

THIRD-PARTY SERVICES!

Revenue by data. DATA!

I suggest you try to avoid all third-party and make it so simple based for yourself. It will add up of lost for Discord. Also I don't think many people use it as such, so technically I'm quite accurate.

So what's the verdict? Be careful when using Discord! I don't care if you still use it, I'm just stating this is Discord's revenue!

Data anonymization is a type of information sanitation whose intent is privacy protection. It is the process of either encrypting or removing personally identifiable information from data sets, so that the people whom the data describe remain anonymous. However, you're technically responsible for anything you post, as stated in the ToS and/or PrivacyPolicy; so who knows? So any game revenue, there is your personal information involved, which they lie to you. Using Cassandra is quite the data mine! If your read Discord's TOS/PrivacyPolicy, it's quite contradicting. Even on reddit they have mention they don't share personal information because of lawyers, meaning they have dealt with it before, but still they do the same procedures for their revenue, just like AuoraFeint and OpenFeint.

https://blog.discordapp.com/how-discord-stores-billions-of-messages-7fa6ec7ee4c7

Let me ask you something. Why do they care about backup, it's your data! Where's your FACTS?! All I got was, "Oh this like a Trump tweet". You know nothing about Trump and for the record you're insulting our president! Technically you can't do much better than those comments! The problem is coming to an agreement and my agreement is that you should be careful on how you use Discord! That's my point! Because you don't know how they really use your data and surely I can't actually prove they they do. All and all, I'm can't fathom, but something saying on the back of mind is saying, be careful! It's what I see on past apps that it gets way too personal! So this is what I ask of you and this is my motive/intention to precaution while using Discord!

LET ME REMIND YOU, JUST BE CAREFUL ON WHAT YOU POST! I DON'T CARE IF YOU USE DISCORD! LET THAT SOAK IN!

MOVING ON....I know people don't even read and soak up facts, so that's why I CAPS. They read just the small parts, with ignorance.

I just wouldn't post something that's personal, like pornography or something real personal. Also providing your information through third-party will make it accessible for more solicitation. If you don't care, be my guest. Having something that's Web-Based just makes it so easy for data-mining! It's a Web-RTC anyways. Really I'm tired of addressing all this information to people that can't even put facts together! Welcome to your Discord people!

Hi
I'm an EU player, and i don't really know how it will work for us.

The Net Neutrality is voted right ? And will be effective today or so ? (14 January)
EU will not have acces to US server anymore ?

And if we have acces, there will be more ping for us because we are not the "priority" ?
So no more Tera US for EU players ?

If someone knows exaclty how it works, can he explain to us please ?
Hopefully it comes soon I try to play any including minecraft or elder scrolls online to wait until Tera comes out lol
Misty, you are not the customer, you are the product being sold, to us, I'm not into management but for this a suspension at least is worthy, to get you straight.
Ardire wrote: »
i've been meaning to say this for awhile but mistytera every single one of your forum posts reads so alike to a string of trump tweets that it's nigh uncanny. blows me away honestly. it'd be impressive it was an act but since you're serious it's just genuinely troubling.... hope u find help soon (dude)

Look I don't know if you understand my motives? From what I researched about this Jason Citron, I just don't like it!

Discord secretly raised ~$50M led by Index Ventures, along with Institutional Venture Partners and previous investors Spark Capital, Benchmark and Greylock Partners. How can you pay the funds back off of nothing? SELLING YOUR DATA!

Like most free to use apps, the key to the riches is in collecting user data.

Discord can collect anonymous data to analyse and predict future trends, or sell these info to marketers. You people really need to understand what a venture capitalists does!

Citron was just 26 years old when he and Cassley sold OpenFeint, their social platform for mobile games, to GREE, a social networking service, in 2011 for $104 million.

classactionlawsuitsinthenews.com/class-action-lawsuit-complaints/openfeint-green-international-privacy-class-action-lawsuit-complaint/

In April 2011, Japanese company GREE, Inc. bought OpenFeint for US$104 million.

In 2011, OpenFeint was party to a class action suit with allegations including computer fraud, invasion of privacy, breach of contract, bad faith and seven other statutory violations. According to a news report "OpenFeint's business plan included accessing and disclosing personal information without authorization to mobile-device application developers, advertising networks and web-analytic vendors that market mobile applications". The class action suit was later voluntarily dismissed.

It's like he sold it and let them deal with it. What a dirt! Like seriously why hasn't this got soaked in your brains?

On November 16, 2012, GREE announced that it would be discontinuing the service on December 14, 2012, primarily in favor of its own similar platform.

Smart move Jason Citron, smart move!

It's obvious and you have to be incompetent to ignore it. Use it all you want, but for the record of what I've been telling you, be careful on what you post! I made that statement countless of times!
its not tera related either. gtfo with that misleading bs.

Maybe you should open your mind, and think outside the box...inside the lootboxes.

You could buy a Hint Lootbox for $200 for a .00005 chance of getting an actual hint, or 500 Metamorphic Emblems, if you don't get the joke.

Even then, chances are you don't get the joke.

TBH this is associated with EA more than TERA, but it does come into play with TERA.
its not tera related either. gtfo with that misleading bs.
u cant even draw a blue eyes ultimate dragon from ur main deck cus its in the extra deck for fusions and synchros hello?? and 5 copies of blue eyes white dragon, thats illegal and breaking the rules even with p2w u still have to adhere to the rules of the game ????????????
i've been meaning to say this for awhile but mistytera every single one of your forum posts reads so alike to a string of trump tweets that it's nigh uncanny. blows me away honestly. it'd be impressive it was an act but since you're serious it's just genuinely troubling.... hope u find help soon (dude)
You don't even read! I gave evidence and you're just incompetent to even understand what a venture capitalist even is. You read every link and come back with your facts OK. If Jason Citron got sued on past apps, so that's a legit reason for me! They sell information to companies READ THE PRIVACY POLICY~THEY READ YOUR DEVICE ID! I have my reasons because the guy got sued and that's enough evidence for me to not use it! I hate reposting links.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.adweek.com/digital/openfeint-lawsuit-gree/amp/
Lilith. Lilith's Keep (dungeon).
I haven't played this game in a while but I remember a mob like this somewhere the last time I played. What's the name of this mob and which zone is it in?


_mmd__tera_succubus_by_arisumatio-dbjjexh.jpg
HAHAHAHA u r just a kid in this big world, the company dont sell ur data but a simple employee can.
Wow thanks... :# for that. It's been known that Discord has some security issues. Also it's not your full own control over it, that's a problem for me. That's why I don't use it! I don't trust a guy that got sued by gamers with Aurora Feint-THAT'S THE MAIN REASON! There are legit reasons to why to why I don't use it. People ask me why I don't like Discord, there you go, I gave my reasons. All I said was to precaution using Discord! You probably don't understand what a Venture Capitalist even is?! I only said that Teamspeak is better for people if they have issues with memory they have available, basically. GET OF MY BACK!
@OP
Not only do you break several forum rules with your late posts, you also seem to be in need of psycho therapy (in case you're not a really dedicated troll).
Just stop, dude, please.

Why do people say dude? Seriously stop assuming genders with people! Late posts against the rules? Since when? I have my reasons, that's not paranoia, so I have my opinions and facts. DISCORD IS FREE? Here's a duh-Teamspeak3 client is FREE! There's a reason to why it's FREE entirely! Think about it! If DISCORD is free, then how are they going to pay back the millions to investors? If it's "free" chances are YOU are the product being sold! Also Internet providers, they don't care about your data, since most of them don't. The FCC's rules have made this choice an opt-in measure instead, meaning that ISPs couldn't sell data without the customer's explicit consent! So Discord you can't literally do that take control of the data being sold!

Comcast:

We do not sell our broadband customers' individual web browsing history. We did not do it before the FCC's rules were adopted, and we have no plans to do so.

TOTALLY LEGIT! They don't care! They make money without selling data. DUH!

Verizon:

Let's set the record straight. Verizon does not sell the personal web browsing history of our customers. We don't do it and that's the bottom line.

Mobile companies read your data by limit charges, not selling your data!

https://engadget.com/2017/03/31/atandt-comcast-and-verizon-explain-that-they-dont-sell-your-brow/





You won't see the effect because it will be smaller than the background noise. We are all bound to our ISPs and the following carriers. We are bound to the spikes when we play at 8pm and the ISP is bundling us up with thousands of other users in our town area. To same goes for the carriers.

Sometimes lag can be memory ram. Not always. So if you're playing with 4G ram, invest in 8G or more (really not expensive at all), that your computer can upgrade to. My laptop only allows 4G->8G upgrade by slot.
Well, what I'm saying is that there are some adjustments that can be made to improve your signal to the router. Playing wireless, you might want to make sure that your settings are set to enhance your signal of your adapter.

For example on my wireless adapter for this desktop.

Some setting like this will assure that your adapter won't disconnect you.

By the way-Don't use the dashes-It's not how it's entered!
bg5tg5.png

Make sure that your router is set for the type of signal that your adapter receives. b/n/or g. I recommend mix setting on router. For some reason 40hz works better for me. So on my laptop, under the wireless adapter settings, there's an option that you might have? I can't remember even though I said 20hz or 40hz was an option, but I think it is Auto and 20hz? Putting the adapter on Auto gave me better signal. Anyways, there are ways to increase your signal better.

It's highly recommended that you set your DNS of your ISP on your router and adapter

Which is under wireless adapter settings. If you don't know? Just click....
Right-Click Internet Signal Icon (Lower Right)
Click Open Internet Network and Sharing Center
Click your Router Name On the active networks (Under Access Type)->Connections...It's a duh really.
Under the Internet Connections Menu look for Internet properties (The one the looks like a admin shield)-Click on it.
Scroll down to Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP-IPv4) and the same if you IPv6.
Enter the DNS servers of your ISP. By clicking on them and going to properties. Use following DNS.
Honestly I never had any issues, but it will assure a better connection for yourself. At least it's set on my router. That's important. Doing this prevents disconnects with your router.

For example the servers for my Comcast is

75.75.75.75 and 75.75.76.76 (IPv4)
2001:558:feed::1 and 2001:558:feed::2 (IPv6)

Yes I'm from Houston TX :) Howdy yall...Ok I'm being lame...We don't do it often. We can turn it off and on, on our Texan accent.

You might want to change your router IP to something different rather than 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.2.1

You don't have to do this per-say, but I recommend it for security reasons.

This avoids hackers a bit and helps your connection from interference with other routers like your neighbors, just a bit I think.

Now the after the last period you can mess with. SO DON'T JUST DO RANDOM NUMBERS!

I have 192.168.0.1, so lets change it anything ranging from 0-254, because that's your range of numbers that it allows.

Something like this....192.168.0.154, so 192.168.0. (0-254). Are you following me?

Better choices on these same three different networks are: 191.68.0.5, 191.68.1.11 and 191.68.2.250 for example.

Really I could post more, but there are ways to help your internet connection to be the most efficient that it can be. Just google how to lower your ping on YouTube. Seriously you will be surprised by the results that will help you assure the best signal.


You won't see the effect because it will be smaller than the background noise. We are all bound to our ISPs and the following carriers. We are bound to the spikes when we play at 8pm and the ISP is bundling us up with thousands of other users in our town area. To same goes for the carriers.
U are saying that we have to fight against the internet provider too !!! U do not have the idea the conversations and other things saved ( or not) on your internet service provider's server, ur SMS,ur calls, ur nudes, ur protocols, ur links... I worked in internet service provider's before, and i know what i am saying.
@OP
Not only do you break several forum rules with your late posts, you also seem to be in need of psycho therapy (in case you're not a really dedicated troll).
Just stop, dude, please.
What a hilarious thread. Are you in Flat Earth Society, too?
Upon reading this thread and reading how easy it is to hack Tera from a script and how BHS does nothing to prevent it except ban people who mention it, but also the other side's point of view about how this proxy thing helps players (but hurts EME and BHS) why wouldn't EME/BHS take this program, buy it or hire the people who made it, fund some sort of security program to make it exclusively available as an EME/BHS product, and USE it?

If it truly fixes the lag issues and many other shortcomings of the game... sure EME and BHS can take a hard stance on it and just say "no you will be banned" but if it were me/my company I'd hire these people, make the program or whatever it is more secure, and let people use it to help improve the game.

Probably that's not gonna happen though, but seriously now I'm kinda worried about the security of this game knowing how easily it can be hacked if someone could just easily bypass login fail into a GM account, that's insane.

I suggested this same idea early 2017 and no response from eme about it.
Upon reading this thread and reading how easy it is to hack Tera from a script and how BHS does nothing to prevent it except ban people who mention it, but also the other side's point of view about how this proxy thing helps players (but hurts EME and BHS) why wouldn't EME/BHS take this program, buy it or hire the people who made it, fund some sort of security program to make it exclusively available as an EME/BHS product, and USE it?

If it truly fixes the lag issues and many other shortcomings of the game... sure EME and BHS can take a hard stance on it and just say "no you will be banned" but if it were me/my company I'd hire these people, make the program or whatever it is more secure, and let people use it to help improve the game.

Probably that's not gonna happen though, but seriously now I'm kinda worried about the security of this game knowing how easily it can be hacked if someone could just easily bypass login fail into a GM account, that's insane.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia
This is disturbing. I think you need help, honestly it might affect others so stop.
I mean reduce the ping by how much? 2? 5? or 30? Also it seems like a lot of people are asking in the comments for the default settings, so guys before you change stuff make sure you remember what were the old settings.
Top 10 anime betrayals.
It's a new year! and the forums is still stronk!! :D
::Crickets::

yeah, i hopelessly search through the internet daily to see if there is any new news to no avail.
i had to go and start 3 new games to take my mind off the wait, lol.
Sadly i don't think there will be any real communication until the next beta or release is ready to happen.
Would have been nice to have kept the hype train from the TT going, but when pc doesn't even get news of a holiday event and EME is seemingly MIA i can't hold my breath
You and thousands don't know the release on tera for ps4 and Xbox one. I heard early 2018 my guess is march. Me and everyone I know is waiting for tera. Hope they don't wait too long and black desert online comes out before this game. But u know they want this game to be on par with pc and not have many bugs. What game don't have bugs. They did them and with updates and patches and drive on. I wish they would just give a date so everyone will stop asking and trying to look everywhere to find out.
I wonder if i can still post here :o

Edit : Yap
The fact of the matter people don't care, that's their problem. Soon any one will care, because you could go to jail! The fact is no one can get away with it, because common sense of the reality that states that everyone gets caught eventually. That's my point! It's like breaking your mother's vase and she finds out that it was you. Calling me brainwashed, I take that as an insult! I'm not discussing how these hacks deploy, rather mostly obvious of what I've seen and heard. I'm discussing how people get caught with them by the internet itself. Why do you have a problem? This isn't per-say against the TOS. Do people even read? IT'S A COMMON SENSE THREAD!
Stop trolling lol
Seriously tho stop. If you keep double/triple posting and spamming this thread with ridiculous replies about hacks I will REPORT you myself.
And as Naru said you're discussing things that aren't supposed to be discussed, this is your last warning, do it again and you'll be reported.
You sound a bit brainwashed dude, we got your point after the first post stop repeating yourself or you'll end up sounding like a maniac. People that hack knows it's bad and they don't care, that's why they hack in the first place lol. Because they don't care if it affects the community badly.
Like to get updates on beta and release day for console players and any stuff for those doing technical test what we get on release day thanks and happy new year
Dear Enmasse, I would like to know if the year 2018 is going to happen. With so many things promised and not delivered, I heard rumors it won't. Please confirm q.q
There has been people that are asking people how they can reduce their ping.
  • DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
  • IPv6 Router
  • Use Cat6 Ethernet Cables

[video]

It might be slightly different on a laptop, but it's basically the same. Some have slightly different changes. Like more options, I think? I came across some different settings slightly on interface, but anyways it's not much different. For example I can my wireless setting to 20hz or 40hz on my laptop. I hope this helps?
For the sake of Tera, please don't HACK! I hope this thread is something that people can learn from.

Don't risk your account getting banned or simply giving yourself a sentence in jail.
Anotsu wrote: »
MistyTera wrote: »
> @Anotsu said:
> This is true.. I'm going to jail next week :(

Um, I don't know if this is a joke? However, I'm serious that people do get caught eventually! Please don't joke! Most obvious you are! I might be repetitive, but if any of you has been hacking Tera, you will get CAUGHT! Keep in mind that your VPN has your internet traffic and browsing history, instead of your ISP. You can't get away from it! You might get lucky like one guy did for 20 years, still he got caught! I don't think anyone can last as long as he did. Everyone gets caught eventually!

Will you get caught as well?

LOL silly phone. I just realized I made mistake, I was editing my post, somehow it deleted something so it made it come out weird, LOL. Sorry for the assumption.
Naru2008 wrote: »
"Discussing"
"Discussing"

I'll just stop trying to explain it to you. It's fine. Carry on.

The reason for this thread is to make people think twice before using a Tera Hack! People act like it's not harming the community dangerously, when in fact they do. That's really mischievous and I don't want anyone getting banned for some hack they think they can get away with. Making your character nearly invulnerable is just unfair game and disgusting by all means. There has been many bans with those type of incidents and even jail depending how dangerous it is to someone's computer.

Cosmetic mods. It's stealing money from EME/BHS! Half stealing!
....I could list any mod I have heard about by the people using them, saying that they are ok to use. Yeah I know you can only see it, but I told a girl one time to not use them. Guess what, EME\BHS detected it. So she got some days ban, as a warning.

Please don't risk the chance of getting BAN on your account or even jail for that matter. PLEASE DON'T HACK TERA! Play the game fair please!
"Discussing"
"Discussing"

I'll just stop trying to explain it to you. It's fine. Carry on.
Naru2008 wrote: »
MistyTera wrote: »
> @Naru2008 said:
> This thread discusses something that the forum rules says we can't..how this isn't locked in beyond me.

I'm not describing how they work, I'm describing how you will get caught by using them. Why do you want it locked? By the way, it's is* not in. You're being quite defensive.

No but you're discussing them. Rule 1E: Content:
E. Illegal Activity
- Requesting, arranging, or offering copyright infringement (piracy), illegal activities, or illegal drugs.
- Discussing illegal activity committed personally.
- Discussing or arranging anything that violates the TERA terms of service.

This discusses the hacks, which violates ToS. I'm not being defensive. I'm simply explaining how this thread violates the rules, and how I'm baffled EME staff haven't locked it yet, but considering it's the holidays, I'm willing to bet my money that would be why.

I'm not doing anything of the such. Where am I arranging illegal activities? I'm making a point that these people behind using these hacks are busted! They are caught! That's not violating anything! This is a common sense thread to all the people that are using them to simply STOP USING TERA HACKS! There's nothing wrong with that is there?
MistyTera wrote: »
> @Naru2008 said:
> This thread discusses something that the forum rules says we can't..how this isn't locked in beyond me.

I'm not describing how they work, I'm describing how you will get caught by using them. Why do you want it locked? By the way, it's is* not in. You're being quite defensive.

No but you're discussing them. Rule 1E: Content:
E. Illegal Activity
- Requesting, arranging, or offering copyright infringement (piracy), illegal activities, or illegal drugs.
- Discussing illegal activity committed personally.
- Discussing or arranging anything that violates the TERA terms of service.

This discusses the hacks, which violates ToS. I'm not being defensive. I'm simply explaining how this thread violates the rules, and how I'm baffled EME staff haven't locked it yet, but considering it's the holidays, I'm willing to bet my money that would be why.
> @Naru2008 said:
> This thread discusses something that the forum rules says we can't..how this isn't locked in beyond me.

I'm not describing how they work, I'm describing how you will get caught by using them. Why do you want it locked? btw it's is* not in
:# Speed Hack. <3 Speed Potions (I HAVE LOADS OF THEM)/attackspeed/movementspeed/Glyphs/GearRolls-So easy to choose your rolls)
:# Buff Damage Hack. <3 Prime Battle Solution (Considerably well duration by minutes-you attain them very easily)
:# Hacks. <3 Essential Mana

Why use hacks? Like seriously STOP IT! You will get caught! I almost reported a player one night as I said and I gave him a warning! Still I don't know if anyone else reported him?
> @Anotsu said:
> MistyTera wrote: »
>
> > @Anotsu said:
> > This is true.. I'm going to jail next week :(
>
> Um, I don't know if this is a joke? However, I'm serious that people do get caught eventually! Please don't joke! Most obvious you are! I might be repetitive, but if any of you has been hacking Tera, you will get CAUGHT! Keep in mind that your VPN has your internet traffic and browsing history, instead of your ISP. You can't get away from it! You might get lucky like one guy did for 20 years, still he got caught! I don't think anyone can last as long as he did. Everyone gets caught eventually!
>
>
>
>
> Will you get caught as well?

[img]http://i63.tinypic.com/35bvz93.jpg[/img]

Why would I? I feel much more satisfaction knowing I earned something through the game's rules rather than breaking them, so I never used them. I just want people to stop using them, before they get caught. Do you think I'm dumb enough to even risk using them? People get caught! KEY POINT! If it's dangerous, JAIL, otherwise you just get banned. Change IPs, people do it again, you will get caught no matter how. Why even go to trouble of changing your IP address, changing your account, risking years in jail for dangerous exploits. Honestly EME/BHS will get on your case and so will the rest of community. Joking like that makes me suspect that you are hacking. Push it and I might give myself a reason to get you banned!

I've a veteran in Tera, so seeing people going to Macros to real hacks. IT ENDS NOW! Seeing how people chat about it in Global, like it's no big deal. I'm like on the other end, saying to myself, "How stupid are you"? I'm amazed by the Tera community of stupidity of people using these hacks. They act like it's not harmful by any means, when actually it is! I just stay away from any battlegrounds, because that's where they happen most. So do your part and report anyone by screenshot or video while in battlegrounds. Video is much easier to show access by the hacker. People chatting about Speed Hacks and all this other stuff. STOP CHEATING! YOU'RE A DISGRACE to the community because you can't play the game! Essential Mana will help your class!



Besides there is much easy ways to bring your ping down. I have done this and this is not cheating/hacking

[video]

Injectors is an excuse and it affects other players.

[youtube]

MMOBomb: After five years in North America, why was the decision made now to restrict third-party applications?

EME: The use of third-party applications has always been a violation of the Terms of Use for TERA. Recently, we detected that some players were using third-party applications in ways that unbalanced the game economy, which had a detrimental effect on the game experience for other TERA players. Over the past few months, these behaviors by a small percentage of players were increasing in frequency and in scale, so we decided to ban these players.

MMOBomb: While some players undoubtedly use these programs to exploit the game, several use them for innocuous purposes, such as for DPS meters. Was there any consideration given to the response these bannings would have on these players?

EME: Absolutely. In this specific case we only banned players we knew to be using software that exploited the game and had a negative impact on other players. While many third-party programs are seemingly innocuous, they can still have a detrimental effect on the player community.
[Note: People would use them yell at other players for how bad they are]
[Note: People were constantly trying to max their DPS-rather than paying attention to helping others, especially healers]
[Note: It's a chronically misused tool...and you know what? You don't need them. BECAUSE THEY CREATE DISPUTES!]
[Note: Essential Mana! ESSENTIAL MANA! IT HAS HELPED ME AND MANY OTHERS! WHY DO YOU NEED DPS METERS?!]

DPS METERS just a distraction while playing as a TEAM! I DESPISE THEM!

MMOBomb: Is there any recourse for players to appeal their bans?

EME: Any player who is banned for any reason is always able to submit a support ticket requesting a review, or send a note to community@enmasse.com looking to plead their case. We haven’t received any requests to date for the players that were banned, and if they were to provide evidence that we were mistaken in our analysis of their behavior, we would of course be willing to look at reversing their bans.

MMOBomb: Can you tell us roughly how many players were impacted by this wave of bans?

EME: Less than a dozen individuals overall were directly hit with this ban.

MMOBomb: Do you have plans to implement any of the functionality in the official game that players were using the third-party programs for? If not, could there be a way to have “approved” apps created by third parties that wouldn’t result in a ban?

EME: We are constantly listening to player feedback in order to find ways to improve TERA. We do recognize that some of these programs are designed as workarounds for quality of life improvements to the game. Unfortunately, even seemingly innocuous third party programs can open the game up to exploits and have negative effect on our community. We maintain the stance that the use of such programs is a violation of the TERA Terms of Use and we reserve the right to take action if we feel they are having a negative effect on the game experience for our players.
MistyTera wrote: »
> @Anotsu said:
> This is true.. I'm going to jail next week :(

Um, I don't know if this is a joke? However, I'm serious that people do get caught eventually! Please don't joke! Most obvious you are! I might be repetitive, but if any of you has been hacking Tera, you will get CAUGHT! Keep in mind that your VPN has your internet traffic and browsing history, instead of your ISP. You can't get away from it! You might get lucky like one guy did for 20 years, still he got caught! I don't think anyone can last as long as he did. Everyone gets caught eventually!

Will you get caught as well?
This thread discusses something that the forum rules says we can't..how this isn't locked in beyond me.
> @Anotsu said:
> This is true.. I'm going to jail next week :(

Um, I don't know if this is a joke? However, I'm serious that people do get caught eventually! Please don't joke! Most obvious you are! I might be repetitive, but if any of you has been hacking Tera, you will get CAUGHT! Keep in mind that your VPN has your internet traffic and browsing history, instead of your ISP. You can't get away from it! Here is another link of an instance of MMO hacking and going to jail. You might get lucky like one guy did for 20 years, still he got caught! I don't think anyone can last as long as he did. Everyone gets caught eventually!
http://massivelyop.com/2017/04/26/runescape-ddos-hacker-gets-two-years-in-u-k-prison/
This is true.. I'm going to jail next week :(
I suggest submitting vids by Dropbox share links, so that Tera Support can easily look at your screen capture of hackers. They can view the video without downloading. Also YouTube can be a great source link too.
If you are reading this page, think before you get caught! Chances are that you will get caught! So don't even try to get away with it. It's very easy for anyone to get caught! Also EME/BHS will get on your glute and ban you very easily. This is my warning thread statement, DON'T HACK TERA! Do your part and report anyone with your proof by screenshot or video capture software to Tera Support Page. Please don't harm others with hacks, make Tera fair, and please don't sentence yourself with many years in prison. I'm not kidding!
So if you are using any hack on Tera, 100% you will get caught! It doesn't matter how long you can get away with it, because most likely you will get caught, eventually! The injector slows everyone else down so you can take advantage for your enjoyment. Well, excuse me for your horrible internet! I had gamer friends outside the US and they do fine with ping. Don't give the excuse of lousy internet! So here's a tip for you. Get a DOCSIS 3.0 Cable modem with cat6 ETHERNET CABLES to a IPv6 capability router; low ping solved! It's like DDOS attack with that injection. Oh yes, you will go to jail for it, because it's illegal! SO STOP WITH TERA HACKS! Think before you get caught!
OH YES YOU ARE STUPID LOL! This one attracted me so much. HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE? VERY STUPID!

154ttnr.png
By the way I slightly changed the Steam comment on the first statement, because I wanted it to make sense. Anyways the comment on the Steam forum thread was on the fact of a COD incident that happened and some guy got arrested using an exploit. He got sentenced to prison for 20+ years. So yes there's an example of saying DON'T HACK!
F4ngDragon wrote: »
So... is this still a thing? Didn't notice this post.

Yep, during the time of the chat invulnerablity, I found it. I didn't know what was going on really and once I just saw the hype about it on forums, I wanted to do something about it by giving this info to the moderators. So typing, 'Tera hacks and exploits', I discovered it on the 3rd page, as I now remember. If you want to find the source of the hacking, well there you go. I wanted to help give info to BHS/EME so that they can fix the problem. So I hope they look at this page and do something about it!

2j0gu3o.png

So whoever these people that are creating these hacks? They need to be stopped! Meaning they need to be arrested! I bet the FBI can trace the account IP for that tumblr, domain, blogspot, whatever site hosting them. People have been caught before with dangerous exploits in online gaming.

To find these hacker sociopaths, you got to find them by the source of the google's search engine or any search engine. It's really that simple, because that's how they are hosted. These people are literally idiots in common sense! They don't expect how easily they can be exposed by the INTERNET.

By how easily it is to find the source to anything through a search engine, so my question is, why hasn't BHS/EME done anything about it? They will!

If EME/BHS can delete an item in game, they can do anything to ban you! You think I'm kidding? Here is an instance of a hacker being caught in MMOS. So consider yourself warned! People will report you or EME/BHS will find out!

http://fraghero.com/8-times-videogame-cheaters-got-caught/

ON THE STEAM SITE.

This warning is for all those who have little or no integrity and cheat with hacks of any kind. It is illegal. Sanctions include civil and criminal penalties if caught hacking.

Here is the Law on the matter:

All software issued by the makers of any publicly released MMO, PC game, Online Game, etc is copyrighted. Hacking violates that copyright which is a federal offense. It does not matter if the game was purchased. Purchasing the game merely grants a license to use the game to the purchasor (read your End User License Agreement). Now, the current sanction if cauight hacking is bannishment from Steam etc. Big deal. Hackers, once caught, are going to be subjected to legal action, including possible criminal prosecution for Criminal Mischief, Theft of Service, Criminal Tampering, Computer Fraud etc. Each of these charges are tytpically Misdemeanors. However, in most jurisdictions, being charged with 2 or more misdemeanors arising from the same act is a felony. It is up to the prosecuting authority to determine if felony charges will be pursued. The penalty schedule for most misdemeanors is imprisonment for up to 1 year. Like most new prosecution cases, the first few offenders are usually made examples of and receive harsher punishment. If the defendant is a minor, that is, under the age of 18, the minor offendor may be remanded into juvenile custody for the term of the sentence. In addition, offendors with juvenile status also potentially subject their parents or legal guardian to legal sanctions for not exercising control over the actions of the minor. That means mom and dad get into trouble as well. Now, using your Steam account with a tampered program is like robbing a bank and using your own car as the getawacy vehicle. It matters not if you have multiple accounts under different names. If you have the skills to hack, then you already know that anytime you are on line, you are not totally anonymous. They can and will find you. I promise. Who would like to be the first?

Here's how the civil aspect plays out:

The Civil penalties could include fines upward of $250,000 for Copyright violations. This does not include judgement for damages incurred by Steam and the game manufacturer which has the potential to be rather steap. Again, read your EULA.

How does hacking cause a potential for damages?

Simple. The inherent enjoyment and usability of the mulitplayer feature of the online gameplay is diminished due to the presence of hackers. Like anythjing else, it is cheating. As a result, the integrity of the intended characteristics of the service is reduced. Other players may stop using the service or otherwise, have a negative exerience which results in a negative opinion thereby tarnishing the name and reputation of the service providers. Thus, a civil damage is the result. Anyone remember Napster? Anyone read about individuals being hauled into Court for pirating multimedia? This is no difference when copyrighted material is hacked. It all lives under The Intellectual Property Law. I encourage you to check it out.

Now, I know that many who read this who are hacking this game will not believe it or perhaps, will think "it cant happen to me". I assure you.....it can and it will. Do not make the typical smart person mistake and believe you are smarter than everyone else in the room. There are geeks out there who's sole job is to hunt other geeks and they do their job well.

So, if you are hacking or thinking about hacking....don't. It's not worth it. If you know someone who is hacking, spread the word. Unless you have graduated from Law School and have practiced Civil Liability or Criminal Law, please do not regail us with your novice counter arguments. The point of this post was not to spark some useless legal debate. Just do everyone a favor, and dont cheat.

Thanks for reading. Contructive, intelligent replies are welcomed and encouraged.


Just because you think that you won't get caught, you will eventually. I mean it's quite simple for the FBI to find you, if you do a dangerous exploit. Did you know that there is a site where you can report websites? Oh yes there is! So here's my warning, STOP WITH THE TERA HACKING!

If you are using hacks that harm others, costing loss of money for the company, unfair competition. It's that easy that someone can report you using an exploit by screenshot or capture-screen-video-software to the TERA SUPPORT PAGE. So don't even try to hack the game! People will report you and you will get banned! Any offense on harming others will get you 20-30+ years in prison! SO JUST KNOW WHOEVER YOU ARE! YOU ARE CAUGHT THAT EASILY! SO CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!

Oh I got proxy, trust me, FBI are smarter than hackers themselves and you will be caught eventually! SO DON'T HACK and/or considered yourself BANNED!
So... is this still a thing? Didn't notice this post.
I won't say who it was tonight doing MEMESLASH hacks on MT. If it happens again, I will say who that does it with proof or basically anyone that does it again! THIS HACKING HAS GONE TOO FAR! CONSIDER THIS A WARNING! THIS IS JUSTICE! EME/BHS and everyone has to know about this!
Yesterday night as I was leveling my F-Aman Lancer, on the 22nd of December 2017. There are still comments on Global chat with rants of some players on Tera that are using injectors during FWC and other battlegrounds! They are quite sick of it! This has to STOP! I'm sick of these hackers!
It's just the way it's used. I don't like it. I'm not saying it's you that is the problem for using it criminal ways. It's the other people that are. I'm skeptical about it, enough to just stay away from it. Also it just doesn't make sense to me that a currency should be used from a stock market like gold and silver. Real stocks have their value, but really they aren't used as currency to buy goods, are they? The way Bitcoin is running is so terrible that I call it money laudering and stealing! If you buy something and this Bitcoin fails, everyone is failed! I mean you don't see anyone paying with stock at some grocery store or convenience store do you? It's based as stock and it's not really a currency. That doesn't make sense to me at all! It's used anonymity so that's quite a problem too! It's even used for illegal drugs and I have a problem with that! This Bitcoin is quite criminal on how it's running!
Some of the people really don't care if Bitcoin is fraudulent or not. China for example has extreme restrictions on currency exchange, they have many rules that stop Chinese citizens from just turning their money into US dollars. It's why many businesses or land is owned by the Chinese, however, Bitcoin is used as a loophole for them. The Chinese government is also heavily involved with Bitcoin and they have a heavy influence on its value. Keep in mind China has a massive population and a heavy economic influence (sometimes more than the US does).
back at it again, OP
I myself like the feel of paper money in my hands, be it the dollar, rmb, whatever. as long as it is leagal tender.
for me bitcoin could be a international money and virtual money on the web

unfortunally bitcoin turned to be the next Tulip mania
https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/13978/lets-learn-a-little-bit-about-why-packet-injection-is-bad

Spacecats relax here. It's not like people are telling how to use it. It's for the community to say why it's bad and we need to do something about it! This is the Tera Community! These people should be exposed! That's my intention and they need to be stopped! People know what's up, because these stupid people discuss about it on global chat, stupid right? Smart enough to make these hacks, but lacking common sense. These people act like big shots on global chat about using hacks. I see it all the time! I want be safe while gaming and so does everyone else! People have to know what's going on to avoid them.

This is no threat. This is justice-as Fraya would say. Take them down by taking away the source of the problem! They talk about what they are doing, so your job EME/BHS is to protect us from the source of the problem!

[video]
Seriously I thank google by just typing....hacking on Tera Online, or something like that. Just by search engine and this was long ago, because I was trying to figure out what was all the hype on Tera being hacked. I decided to post about and I was going to earlier, but my mind slipped on other things in my life.

So I luckily came across this Tumblr site and I was like OMG how stupid can you be?! VERY STUPID! I even told Spacecats and all moderators about it, but I don't know if they even looked at it? This is the source to where all the hacking that is going on and where it's coming from. Every principle on how Tera is being hacked!

https://terasource.tumblr.com/post/160181717791/who-i-am-doesnt-matter-what-i-represent-does
I don't know why this was discussed in global, but someone mentioned about it, so I seriously gave ironic points with a Chuck E. Cheese's meme. The fact of the matter is that it's worthless and downright criminal in the regards of payment using Bitcoin! Stocks are whatever each is by worth, but you can't really pay someone a stock for 500 pizzas, can you? I know for a fact that this Bitcoin is really worthless currency and this is why I say it is!

Why would someone go to the trouble of creating a detailed and brilliant decentralized currency, only to later completely disappear from the public view? I mean they don't really know who created Bitcoin, I mean true identity of bitcoin’s creator remains a cipher.

I'm quite skeptical of this. Really the FBI and goverment are on the case...I'm not kidding!

zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-02/government-coming-your-bitcoin

telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/11/30/bitcoin-suffers-violent-price-swings-us-government-demands-data/

businessinsider.com/bitcoin-history-cryptocurrency-satoshi-nakamoto-2017-12/#in-2008-the-first-inklings-of-bitcoin-begin-to-circulate-the-web-1

I mean you can't change a dollar's worth! Bitcoin is used for purchases. I mean really a stock market system used as currency, that's madness! Bitcoin was not the first type of online money to be ever created, as it was preceded by E-Gold and Liberty Reserve, to name a few. The creator of Liberty Reserve was sentenced to 20 years in prison! So really do you really want to mess with Bitcoin?

https://news.bitcoin.com/liberty-reserve-creator-jail-time/

Now I ask myself why put this up on your news site bitcoin? To make someone seem more innocent? I'm just saying there are socialpaths. Sociopaths are interested only in their personal needs and desires, without concern for the effects of their behavior on others.

How do Bitcoin Mining Fees Work?
Miners provide an important service: network security. A large network hash rate keeps Bitcoin safe from attacks by bad actors.

Miners need an incentive to pay for electricity and hardware costs. ASIC mining hardware keeps Bitcoin secure through proof of work. Right now, miners are paid through a combination of Bitcoin’s block reward and transaction fees. It's a stock game, but could these people who created it could be really criminals stealing your money in secret or just the fact the way it's runs for people to abuse it?! I mean really how can they track everyone? By how open-sourced it is, well anyone can steal your money, I mean anyone! A proof of work is a piece of data which is difficult (costly, time-consuming) to produce so as to satisfy certain requirements. It must be trivial to check whether data satisfies said requirements. There's the problem! The system has flaws! It's hard to keep track of the transactions.

I mean really I know there are ways to protect your Bitcoin. If miners get away with it somehow, they could be stealing, and not doing their job honestly. Also I know that someone will find a way to hack your Bitcoin. It's just something that I don't want to mess with! Unlike money issued by governments, Bitcoin has no Federal Reserve, no gold backing, no banks, no physical notes. It’s hard to imagine a money launderer or terrorist emailing the FBI to let them know they were hacked and lost money. That means that no one actually knows how much money has been lost to hacking, but the anonymity and irreconcilability associated with bitcoin transactions means that the money lost is also irrecoverable.

https://washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/03/10/bitcoin-mining-is-big-business-in-venezuela-but-the-government-wants-to-shut-it-down/?utm_term=.15e63be5de3c

what-is-bitcoin-mining.jpg

So really correct me if I'm wrong? You have to pay a fee to make a transaction fee and that's how bitcoin makes money? Really now!?

People are currently paying $28 on average to make transactions using the digital currency, according to data by BitInfoCharts.
One person claimed on Twitter that he had to pay a $16 fee to send $25 worth of bitcoin from one bitcoin address to another.
A debate has been brewing among the bitcoin community surrounding transaction speeds and fees.

https://cnbc.com/2017/12/19/big-transactions-fees-are-a-problem-for-bitcoin.html

I have not transacted with Bitcoin before, but knowing the characteristics of Bitcoin, it is not difficult to understand how Bitcoin is a good tool for money laundering:

Allows anonymity.
-Bitcoin addresses and protocol do not require customer identification.
-Virtual currency exchangers are not as strictly regulated as the usual money changers who are required by law to keep a proper documentation of their customers.
-Facilities like mixer or tumbler mixes multiple transactions together, making it difficult to trace the specific bitcoin address that sent the bitcoin.
-Transactions can be done over TOR network, which routes your web traffic over multiple stations, thus hiding your real IP address.
Decentralized.
-It is difficult to determine which jurisdiction a criminal investigation, if any, should fall under as the transaction may spread across multiple countries and entities.
-It is difficult to determine which anti-money laundering law and compliance should be applied when the transaction is spread across multiple countries.
There is no Central Bank of a particular jurisdiction that is regulating the use of decentralized virtual currencies like Bitcoin.

To sum up: Because of the characteristics of Bitcoin mentioned above, Bitcoin is an excellent tool for money laundering. An example of money laundering process with Bitcoin may look like this:

Convert the dirty money into Bitcoin.
Set up a front business that accepts Bitcoin payment. A good example of front business would be selling e-books and software where inventory need not be accounted for.
Purchase products on your own stall and send "payments" to yourself anonymously. You now have a legitimate income from a "popular" e-commerce site.

Even with all the hacks reported by using this cryptocurrency. https://bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-24/cyber-criminals-extracting-a-heavy-toll-from-ethereum-advocates

I wouldn't want to mess with a stock market system that can be used for payment. Knowing this, it can be abused ('Hence what I say'-ABUSED). So why even use this worthless piece of digital currency? Without a stable value Bitcoin cannot truly be a currency. Rather it is a commodity asset that one trades, like gold or silver, in hopes that its value will rise and yield a trading profit. ... A currency, Bitcoin is not, nor shall it be. Yet the wild swings, both up and down, in the value of Bitcoin do not make it a more plausible substitute currency; they make it a speculative asset, a get-rich-quick scheme. I rather invest in real stock that is more accurate by means, than this mess of currency!

If the government wants to find out and the FBI, then Bitcoin is fraud!

https://news.bitcoin.com/government-cracks-down-on-illegal-bitcoin-money-transmitters/

https://reuters.com/article/us-usa-bitcoin-arrests/prominent-bitcoin-entrepreneur-charged-with-money-laundering-idUSBREA0Q15N20140127

https://blog.blockonomics.co/the-dark-side-of-bitcoin-illegal-activities-fraud-and-bitcoin-360e83408a32

My question to you, why even mess with it? It's fraud, I mean you could pay for something and the next day the price of bitcoin changes. OH NO! That's why stocks are traded differently for one simple payment. Using digital money based on buying goods is just madness of *excuse me* stupidity! The transactions are quite ridiculous and that's a problem!

With this much of information, I ask why? I know it has it flaws with Bitcoin. I mean something that pushes the boundaries of law is just something that shouldn't be mess with. I mean really my opinion is to stay away from it! I don't care how much hype it is! Just quit and sell all your bitcoin! I know for a fact it will fail eventually! Lots of exclamation marks I know. I hate venture capitalistic companies and for the record it's just like Discord selling stickers,merchandise, and selling your data. I mean how can Discord even make that much money to keep on running?-Selling Data! Really to pay for a domain and server cost, don't tell me otherwise that I'm not sane enough to know how these companies work. First of all, Aurora Feint was a game that Jason Citron helped create for iOS devices. This is a macboy (no offense) with an interest in making big money. Their application would dig into your cellphone contact list and send all of your contact information to their servers without encryption --- nice job Donkey Kong steal of data serial entrepreneur! So I have a legit reason to why I hate these get rich schemes of venture capitalists! Anyways as I said, use it at your own risk! I don't care what you do with Discord or Bitcoin. It's just my opinion and my opinion is your safety! Yeah I know you don't have nothing to hide on Discord, but your data might be worth for spam email to you, and you already made an account. That's my safety intention and please do your research! I know there is going be pointless rants of your arguments, but where's your evidence? I'm not saying you're criminal for using Bitcoin, but really the problem is that it's used for such matter; that's the problem! Also it's not backed up by the government or anything to keep track of it. I mean the miners could be stealing info to steal or they are doing their job? All these venture capitalists companies are criminal!

gawker.com/5050710/accel-proves-venture-capital-really-is-a-criminal-business

I know this doesn't relate, but have you seen The Circle? It only relates on the fact of pushing boundaries. Mae Holland (Emma Watson) seizes the opportunity of a lifetime when she lands a job with the world's most powerful technology and social media company. Encouraged by the company's founder (Tom Hanks), Mae joins a groundbreaking experiment that pushes the boundaries of privacy, ethics and personal freedom. Her participation in the experiment, and every decision she makes soon starts to affect the lives and futures of her friends, family and that of humanity.

When you push any boundaries, things start to get dangerous, which in this case is Bitcoin as a currency. This is what I have a strong opinion on! It's my opinion with the research that I have, and I'm aware of the costs and fraud that are out there using Bitcoin. You may rant your opinions, but this is mine. Just don't call me out, just understand where I'm coming from. There is a reason to why I post a off-topic thread about it, because I do care! I wouldn't want to risk these boundaries of this messed up currency system with Bitcoin!
FR7PTM55EY wrote: »
Any one know when the beta dates will be I keep seeing something about dec. 14 but nothing else

the technical test just finished. it ran from the 14th-18th.
the only other thing that has been announced is "a much wider closed beta in Early 2018".
so, as of now we are waiting for an anouncement on that and/or full release.
Hopefully they don't wait to long and lose the hype from the TT and showing @ PSX...
Any one know when the beta dates will be I keep seeing something about dec. 14 but nothing else
This is one another reason to why I don't like Discord. Still use Discord if you want to, I can't stop you. However, I found this interesting.

In ram, discord has 3 processes vs ts3 which only has 1 process and each process consumes more than the one Ts3 uses. Discord keeps the process open longer. In CPU

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/586044-why-discord-sucks/

This is a well explanation to why I hate it so much. So consider the following. I just have my concerns about it.
Well , as i though , i was reading tera twitter and seems that they didnt send any code to SA , thats kinda sad since SA have a good ammount of players , i knew that this would happend , not just EME but most of games left SA by side . anyway thats just a topic to express my feeling when we are left by side even have a huge gamer comunity . cya
B) B) ;)
The problem is that your definition of respect from studios towards gamers in this "social contract" mostly comes down to making the game more challenging and not "babying" people (and you focus on things like the leveling experience in that process). But the decision to tailor games towards casual players didn't spawn from some sort of contempt towards customers. They looked at the metrics and saw that this was the best way to sustain the market and retain the most players overall. How do you make an MMO experience that's accessible to a wider demographic, while also providing a suitable challenge for those who want it (and providing them rewards reflecting the difficulty, without unbalancing the experience)?

The input from those who put in the "thousands of hours" is obviously one important factor that should enter the equation, and ignoring them would be both stupid and counterproductive. But that audience doesn't usually give a lot of thought to other types of players -- their suggestions typically center on the things they want to make their experience better (and the experience of those like them), without considering the bigger picture.

For example, players who are frequently clearing the highest-difficulty endgame content in MMOs often complain about wanting this content to be more rewarding to reflect the difficulty. On the surface, this is a reasonable request. However, game developers also know that the portion of the players who can clear the most difficult content is small (and not always welcoming of newcomers), so rewarding them too much would increase the resource/progression gap between casual and hardcore players, and ultimately shrink the endgame playerbase over time. This is something game developers care about a lot, but core gamers (who put in the thousands of hours) don't necessarily fully consider. They may think that making the content more rewarding will entice more people to do it -- which is true -- but that mostly entices existing core players rather explicitly than opening the door to new/developing players. So just making harder content more rewarding isn't, by itself, always the full answer. It's important to listen to that feedback, but also to balance it with other factors -- other factors that the core audience may not necessarily value and appreciate as much.

As another example, core gamers may have years/decades of experience playing video games, and so managing the myriad key combinations and/or controller gymnastics (including 3D camera control) is no problem. But there are also a lot of people who don't have that experience. In your article, you kind of belittle them by implying they're small children needing approval, but that's a bit self-centered and dismissive. Even someone who's 26 hasn't necessarily been playing PC/console games all their lives. If you want a TERA example, I know plenty of new players who die a few times going through Stepstone Isle (the tutorial). Making the leveling experience more accessible opens the door to a wider variety of players who may, through that experience, eventually work their way up in proficiency and skill. So simply making the leveling experience more challenging so that you don't feel "babied" isn't necessarily, by itself, the best decision for the game on the whole.

(Aside, in a game like TERA, players have the option through the leveling experience to lower their gear level and increase the challenge of the experience in solo content. But I often find they don't do it, and instead take every boost/power-up made available. Sometimes when people say they want to make the game more challenging, it's not really about making it more challenging for themselves, but about making it more challenging for everyone else so that the "good players" feel more accomplished about their skills compared to others. And, again, for a gaming company that's trying to attract a wide demographic, they're walking a pretty fine line to balance this need for accomplishment.)

Anyway, those are just imperfect examples, but the point is that part of the "social contract" on the gamer side needs to also include awareness that gaming is a very diverse hobby, with a wide variety of people with varying degrees of skill, experience, time, money, and so on. If you're calling on the gaming industry to listen more (and I do agree), it's not just listening more to one select demographic, but to all of them. And, in listening to all player demographics, sometimes it'll result in compromises that don't match each individual person's (or each demographic's) preference and playstyle. As people become more aware of the broader demographics and their differing needs (and listen to the voices of those who aren't typically the most vocal on forums or game-centric chat rooms), I think it can help to arrive at better, more actionable suggestions.
The folks at freemmostation have been kind enough to post a few thoughts of mine, your time attention, thoughts are appreciated.

https://www.freemmostation.com/features/players-studios-mmos-as-a-social-contract/
Well that explains why it runs so bad on my computer.
Hoping I'm selected. I did beta test the game originally on pc lol.
Ah! I see Thank you!
Get inspired with our Custom Made Wedding Dress with a beautiful lace pattern gallery from famous designers tailors, their romantic colour palette, English net for the bottom and decorative lace. Browse our selection and order online at Dressblee.Com

pictur13.jpg
pictur11.jpg
pictur10.jpg
pictur12.jpg
StarSprite wrote: »
Anuulx wrote: »
Are they just sending it to people who register to the forum?

The email is sent to players selected from beta sign up

And then from there, they will send out codes to those chosen to participate.
buy ryzen 3 :3
Anuulx wrote: »
Are they just sending it to people who register to the forum?

The email is sent to players selected from beta sign up
Are they just sending it to people who register to the forum?
Huh! I didn't know there was a survey that's pretty good to know I check my email and got mind up
ok my name is minase on discord ive done a few things so far, but ill explain what ive done so far to fix my problem as i think maybe i found a fix based on some other thread i read on here
Yeah the survey is broken for me like i cant go pass Q 1. after it try to load to Q2. this happens.

It looks like we've slipped.

We're working hard to get you back on track. Sorry if you lost your place, but we should have things up and running in a moment. Thanks a bunch for your patience!

but this is for about a couple of hours now.
EME also sent out a survey (via e-mail) regarding consoles and a technical test.
24> Why use Unreal Engine 3? (where there is UE4)
This game is developed in free developing environment in Bluehole. We can achieve lots with doing what we wanted to do. The reason to use UE3 was if we change engine to newest system, we had to adjust our technology to it. Which takes time and that will lead to longer develop time. Rather than bring in higher grade graphics, we focused to give players special experience.

25> We can see frame rate drops in teaser video and also demo got long loading time as well.
Optimisation is on top priority of out team. CBT version will have less loading time than G-Star version.
Also in trailer, there is scene that use mouse to play game and that is the reason might people see it (moving mouse) as frame rate drops.

pbs.twimg.com/media/Cp_RIphWcAAYcSQ.jpg

Really......

I feel the Nexus FPS issue will be the same for this

Well, their other game, PUBG, had optimization issues too (no surprise), and seems they were willing to take care of it there. Maybe they'll manage to reduce it for this game. More effort had been put into PUBG, and this new game will probably see more effort poured into it than Tera too.
AIR basic background story video.



Simple "what is going on?" digest.

> There were three nations in planet Hass. Vulpin, Ontari and Nous.
> Vulpin and Ontari were at endless war to seek immortal life.
> Because of war, Nous is become wasted away slowly.
> That didn't last long for Nous, until they found Levitate Stone and use that to build flying ship.
> One day Prophet came to King of Nous and says end of world is coming.
> From that day, King start to have nightmare and began the building of huge flying ship called "Embryon" for survival of people.
> Day of end came as prophet said. People of Vulpin and Ontari people were turned into soul while people of Nous watched it above from Embryon.
> After days of drifting sky, people of Nous have found the floating isle.
> They start rebuilding civilization but that didn't go well.
> One magician came to King and said they could use help from lost people of Vulpin and Ontari who have the ability of magic.
> King didn't liked the idea because they might start the war again, but accepted the Resurrection of Vulpin and Ontari people by delete their memories.
> Countless souls have came down to resurrection room and many immortals are risen from the dead.
> That is how Child of Stars began.
24> Why use Unreal Engine 3? (where there is UE4)
This game is developed in free developing environment in Bluehole. We can achieve lots with doing what we wanted to do. The reason to use UE3 was if we change engine to newest system, we had to adjust our technology to it. Which takes time and that will lead to longer develop time. Rather than bring in higher grade graphics, we focused to give players special experience.

25> We can see frame rate drops in teaser video and also demo got long loading time as well.
Optimisation is on top priority of out team. CBT version will have less loading time than G-Star version.
Also in trailer, there is scene that use mouse to play game and that is the reason might people see it (moving mouse) as frame rate drops.

Cp_RIphWcAAYcSQ.jpg

Really......

I feel the Nexus FPS issue will be the same for this
Thank you for the information and update.
Well expect to hear more about tera on ps4 around 9-10 of this month. On the PlayStation Experience attendance list. Tera is on the list of people who are going.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2017/playstation-experience/
I have a big group of people who have been waiting patiently for this game. I would like some type of update on when this is coming or even a beta. Or just a general state of the game itself. Any information available would be gladly appreciated.
There's a couple ways to improve your FPS, reinstalling the game won't change anything. If you have discord add me Thundy#5387 and I'll explain it in more detail, there's a lot of issues with the clunky UI and if you change it then you'll get a massive boost.
yeah im thinking i got few options to try,
1. reinstall Tera, if not work,
2. go buy new mobo as i want an asus mobo, not saying mobo will make any difference but just for shits and giggles i want to change, obviously will have to reinstall windows and ill reinstall tera again.
3. if still not working, try switching across to an i7 7700k, and pray something works then., i know there isnt much differece between 6700k and 7700k but i was talking to some one else who was using a 7700k and their mobo was a asus tuf z270 or x270 and i was asking him what some other comp parts he had, so im just tryiing all sorts of things as rule of elimination technique or trying different things technique. If i do have to get new hardward, ill naturally come back and report, but either way ill update this over time if i have success or not
wow thats crazy
They plan on makeing another game and they can't even take advice from majority of people that get all the issues in the server based and frame loss because of there engine they designed they brought the game out to soon there is still way to many bugs needed to be fixed lets just say the game would be great if it did not have flaws in it and did more with it
You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.