TERA Online forum archive
Toggle all posts - Display mode: Posts - Threads - Filter: none - moderated
Zulia69 wrote: »
> @Christin said:
> TJKat wrote: »
>
> I have to agree, the tokens/shop are MUCH better this year. I think you found the balance between so-expensive-it's-not-worth-doing (last year) and so-cheap-we're-going-to-destroy-the-economy (two years ago). Good job.
>
> However, I'm going to disagree with @SageWindu - 2 months of this is too long. Last year was bad enough at 5 weeks - the beach and festival site were almost completely empty during the last two weeks - but 9 weeks... the mini-games are a nice little distraction, but there isn't nearly enough replay value or variety to keep them engaging for 9 weeks. I would much rather see lower prices in the token shop, and cap out the event at 3 weeks.
>
>
>
>
> Again, I really think this event is more for free players than us veterans, but the fact that it is running so long is nice since we'll likely be seeing a lot of new players in the next two months. Plus, you gotta give me time to farm invisible sheaths for all my toons. How are they supposed to swim with ukuleles on their backs? Having the area empty is a good thing, because it means everyone ended up getting what they wanted. The event 2 years ago, many of us were still farming till the end. Also, it means no stress, so people on vacations don't have to feel like they are missing out or stressed to farm the event before it leaves. It's out of the way, so it's not bothering anyone that does't want to participate. There is really a lot in the shop, so I don't doubt many will be farming the event to the end.


Nice little elitism there... with "us veterans" versus "free players"....

I have been playing since 2013 but I play free, so what does that make me?..... A veteran free player? There is no need to classify people like that.....


Anyway...


The event is vastly improved from last year. It is a comfort to know that the company noticed the results of last years event and made the improvements this year. Thank you EME for the results of this years Summer Event for ALL players!

"Free" should be "New". You should have caught that rather than attacking as I have mentioned numerous times that I am a free player. Plus, nothing else in that comment referred to elite or anything received from elite. Chill out and don't take everything so personally.

Yeah, I meant the event is more for new players than us veteran players that already have swimsuits and such. Another clue was the "again" as I had already mentioned my point in the OP.

Hope you have a nice day. Sorry if you felt I was attacking free players. However, my comment really had nothing to do with elite versus free.
 Code in Email 06/25/2019, 11:47 PM Christin
I don't have an email. -Cries uncontrollably.- I need free stuff!

OMG! It was in my spam folder. Hurray, I get free stuff! -Tears of sadness replaced with tears of joy.-
 Code in Email 06/25/2019, 11:19 PM LordMurasama
From what I know from before, EME randomly sends out these promotional emails. Like I received this one (Skywatch: Call to Arms is packed with action) promoting the Popori brawler and Summerfest event along with the code for the Cool Cat Cap (one time use code) on my main account but not on an alt account. Occasionally got previous promo emails on both so likely also never saw other ones as well.
 Code in Email 06/25/2019, 11:14 PM 4DMCMYWLX4
Skywatch: Call to Arms is packed with action

Email
 Code in Email 06/25/2019, 10:37 PM Stitches1974
From the stream or something maybe? Nothing in my email.
 Code in Email 06/25/2019, 10:22 PM 4DMCMYWLX4
9oTrA8s.jpg

In the email
 Code in Email 06/25/2019, 10:15 PM 4DMCMYWLX4
Probably a 1 use code. Doesn't work for me.

Sorry check your email
 Code in Email 06/25/2019, 10:04 PM Stitches1974
Probably a 1 use code. Doesn't work for me.
 Code in Email 06/25/2019, 09:37 PM 4DMCMYWLX4
Get a "Cool Cat Cap"
MGLYAM6T5CM7XKDLJ7W6
kubitoid wrote: »
is it new method to attract eme stuff to reply smthg on this forums? :expressionless:

According to EME, it is much easier for them to reply to positive feedback and overall anything positive in the forums, rather than the important discussions that have mostly negative feedback.
Somewhat active.
Basically, it is currently a "Fishing Simulator".
Lapomko wrote: »
Kantazo wrote: »
As a new player I can agree with all the opinions here. It is hard to enter many dungeons because they required higher level of armor etc but to get those items you must do those dungeons, do that makes any sense? Sounds exactly like the old WoW, with the requirements for dungeons, The prices in the auction house are impossible for newer players unless you buy gold through 3rd parties and if you get caught you are banned.

You can get mid tier Stormcry armor w/o ever setting foot in an instance, by killing IoD BAMs

You can also buy EMP and sell it for gold. No third parties needed.

I don't see the issue.

The issue is that you need to open your eyes and realize mid-tier Stormcry is babysteps compared to what you need to do all content or even get BiS because Joe has no job and farm all his life away for huge difference or take out credit card and go hard.

That may be, but I was replying to their excuses of having to buy gold from a third party and getting gear. If you're going to buy gold, just use the money on EMP. No worries about getting banned and what not. Mid tier SC will definitely get you into the instances needed to go higher.
 Is TERA worth playing? 06/25/2019, 02:20 PM Lapomko
Kantazo wrote: »
As a new player I can agree with all the opinions here. It is hard to enter many dungeons because they required higher level of armor etc but to get those items you must do those dungeons, do that makes any sense? Sounds exactly like the old WoW, with the requirements for dungeons, The prices in the auction house are impossible for newer players unless you buy gold through 3rd parties and if you get caught you are banned.

You can get mid tier Stormcry armor w/o ever setting foot in an instance, by killing IoD BAMs

You can also buy EMP and sell it for gold. No third parties needed.

I don't see the issue.

The issue is that you need to open your eyes and realize mid-tier Stormcry is babysteps compared to what you need to do all content or even get BiS because Joe has no job and farm all his life away for huge difference or take out credit card and go hard.
Kantazo wrote: »
As a new player I can agree with all the opinions here. It is hard to enter many dungeons because they required higher level of armor etc but to get those items you must do those dungeons, do that makes any sense? Sounds exactly like the old WoW, with the requirements for dungeons, The prices in the auction house are impossible for newer players unless you buy gold through 3rd parties and if you get caught you are banned.

You can get mid tier Stormcry armor w/o ever setting foot in an instance, by killing IoD BAMs

You can also buy EMP and sell it for gold. No third parties needed.

I don't see the issue.
 How active is this game? 06/25/2019, 09:08 AM Ellexem
Tera on the PC for the EU is handled by Gameforge.

You can find their website and forums over yonder: https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/index

If you mean to ask if the game is very active during EU times here on the NA servers, then the answer seems to be largely not. It's not dead, just not very active, and it will depend on luck if what you want to do right that moment is something that others will care for as well. The usual caveats about events and if you're playing with friends/your guild apply.

But by and largely, nothing about Tera will seem very active, no matter the time of the day. You might get lucky with a burst of activity, but there will also be lulls. A sizable percentage of people also just do not seem to engage with the PUG aspects of Instance Matching, so finding an in with those communities is the only way to join them, since they won't care for wasting time on the PUGs. (This can also find its uglier expressions in people just flat out kicking those who don't meet their arbitrary standards, where they either are forced to engage with the PUG aspects (Battlegrounds) or when they do want someone random.)
Is this game still very active on pc (EU) or is it more or less dead?
 Is TERA worth playing? 06/25/2019, 05:22 AM Kantazo
As a new player I can agree with all the opinions here. It is hard to enter many dungeons because they required higher level of armor etc but to get those items you must do those dungeons, do that makes any sense? Sounds exactly like the old WoW, with the requirements for dungeons, The prices in the auction house are impossible for newer players unless you buy gold through 3rd parties and if you get caught you are banned.
 Event currency? 06/25/2019, 01:34 AM Ellexem
Festival of the Sun (Balder) area:
[Event - Daily] Icing on the Cake -- 2 coins (deliver the ice cream for the elins)
[Event - Daily] Skyrockets in Flight -- 3 coins (shoot rockets at the three fires)

Within the Banquet of Blood instance:
[Event - Daily] The Party's Over - 5 coins
[Event - Daily] The Party. Is. Over. -- 5 coins

Beach Party area:
[Event - Daily] Sand Castles in the Sand -- 5 coins (collecting sand and planting 3 sand castles for the little popori)
[Event - Daily] Melon Bash Mini-Game -- 5 coins (playing the water melon game)
[Event - Daily] Slash Cannon Mini-Game -- 5 coins (playing the splash cannon game)
 Haste coins 06/25/2019, 12:39 AM Blazemagic
Haste coins are not working anymore everytime i try using them it gives me a message saying it has already been used you cannot stack the existing
effect. but i didnt use them and its not working so please fix this.
 Event currency? 06/24/2019, 11:46 PM KeroKeroa
Can you list the quests? I only know 25 per character
For me? Disregard loot boxes entirely, and the games pretty solid :) If you focus on just experiencing the game and take it slowly, it's actually really good to sit around and lazily go through the game to enjoy yourself.

If you go to the "business aspect" which is, the outfits, the items, the elite edges, the bottom line is you don't need "perfect maxed out gear" unless you're speedrunning or trying to simply prove you can do it. You can earn basically everything in this game if you take the time to save up gold after you invest in what you enjoy doing. The only emp things I "can" recommend are account bound items, cause those actually are worth it to me :P.

For the "playing aspect", the mechanics are improving every few months, and while it might not be fast improvement on some issues, they are improving. If you have friends to play with, the game is a million times better than solo, but the problem is in keeping a consistent group, that's what guilds are for :P. I'm not a fan of groups or guilds tho unless I like the people, which is also rare, so I tend to stick to occasionally teaming up with a random group instead xD. I love the "fashion" aspect of all games I play, so I try to make it cool/pretty and in the colors I like. And by focusing on what I like rather than what I don't, the game is lots more fun that way.

The battlegrounds need more than a bit of a rework, but they can be really fun when you get in the swing of things.

The only major thing that scares most people away is the grind, and it's grindy as all get out. But again, if you take it in stride, it's not bad.
 Event currency? 06/24/2019, 05:24 PM StarSprite
> @Concepcion30 said:
> How many tokens is it possible to get in one day per characters? Anybody checked all the events, I've only noticed 5.

30 per day per character
 Event currency? 06/24/2019, 05:01 PM Concepcion30
How many tokens is it possible to get in one day per characters? Anybody checked all the events, I've only noticed 5.
Toxicity, Elitism, Cheaters are in every single online game, the difference is that Tera has no content and therefore no people to play with, at the end only veterans will keep playing no matter how [filtered] up the system is because we are [filtered] addicted to the combat system and lolis.
Patate#8295

FUN FUNNNNNNN
 Summer Event 2019 Feedback 06/24/2019, 01:20 PM DXM
I really like how this event was set up. As others have said, the single coin type is appreciated and the prices for the items are well thought out for the most part. I also like that there are nice items in the shop. I have been waiting 2 years for the opportunity to get Blue Wings for my other characters and finally each of my characters have a pair. For me the Blue Wings are one of the few perfect back slot accessories since the wings are Elin sized and the color is nice and seems to go well with many costumes I regularly wear. I'm also looking forward to getting some Quacklemore mounts.
is it new method to attract eme stuff to reply smthg on this forums? :expressionless:
> @Christin said:
> TJKat wrote: »
>
> I have to agree, the tokens/shop are MUCH better this year. I think you found the balance between so-expensive-it's-not-worth-doing (last year) and so-cheap-we're-going-to-destroy-the-economy (two years ago). Good job.
>
> However, I'm going to disagree with @SageWindu - 2 months of this is too long. Last year was bad enough at 5 weeks - the beach and festival site were almost completely empty during the last two weeks - but 9 weeks... the mini-games are a nice little distraction, but there isn't nearly enough replay value or variety to keep them engaging for 9 weeks. I would much rather see lower prices in the token shop, and cap out the event at 3 weeks.
>
>
>
>
> Again, I really think this event is more for free players than us veterans, but the fact that it is running so long is nice since we'll likely be seeing a lot of new players in the next two months. Plus, you gotta give me time to farm invisible sheaths for all my toons. How are they supposed to swim with ukuleles on their backs? Having the area empty is a good thing, because it means everyone ended up getting what they wanted. The event 2 years ago, many of us were still farming till the end. Also, it means no stress, so people on vacations don't have to feel like they are missing out or stressed to farm the event before it leaves. It's out of the way, so it's not bothering anyone that does't want to participate. There is really a lot in the shop, so I don't doubt many will be farming the event to the end.


Nice little elitism there... with "us veterans" versus "free players"....

I have been playing since 2013 but I play free, so what does that make me?..... A veteran free player? There is no need to classify people like that.....


Anyway...


The event is vastly improved from last year. It is a comfort to know that the company noticed the results of last years event and made the improvements this year. Thank you EME for the results of this years Summer Event for ALL players!
Double drop weekend for GVHM and half coin cost. This weekend's event was amazing. Like the perfect event for where we are.
Like not only does GVHM give the mats for the accessories which are kinda grindy ngl, but it gives a ton of xp for skill advancements and a ton of relic and halidoms.
En Masse, this is perfect event you dont know (like you probably really don't know lol), but for real.
Level 70 patch is grindy. Its a grind to get to level 70, its a grind to get the stuff for level 70 and its a grind to get the gear for level 70. Yet people still want to be level 70.
This event helps sooooooo much.
Suggestion:
Yall mess up with maintentance? This event.
Yall mess up with event? This event.
Yall mess up with literally anything? This event.
Throw in a few instant replenish coins for the f2p players and you literally have a happy community for a while.

Yall must've made a ton of sales off coins this weekend. Like that alone should speak for itself.
Anyways, gratz on good event. @KitTeaCup @Smoreceror @Denommenator kudos.
It's supposed to count from 60 mins, its a one hour consumable.
Yes it works, but what I'm saying is for me it doesn't always work.

It will grey out as if it's already been used and won't even give you the buff/icon for the 60 min count down.
Therefore you get nothing and have to wait until reset. :)

So if I used this at 10am my time EST and it spazzes out. I now have to wait 14 hours before the elite bar resets. Meaning I lost a day for my XP consume.
I just tryed it and it works for me counts down from 60 min
I know I'm not the only one with this issue so I thought I'd ask here to see if more have experienced this.
This is day 3 of 5 now where I've tried to use my Rapid XP consume on my elite bar and it just greys out any never applies...

EME/BHS will probably ask for proof of this but I can't give you any proof when I dunno its gonna happen.
I entered GV just now and used my Rapid Potion thinking it was gonna work and I look up only to see that it didn't again.
This is rather frustrating and a waste of Elite if this keeps happening.
 Summer Event 2019 Feedback 06/23/2019, 08:46 PM TJKat
Incursiox wrote: »
I really dont get how do u ppl find this years event interesting where there are nothing that can be traded,and price for the items in the summer festival coin is ridiculously hight... Also there are some daily event quests that dont event give u coins.... I rly dont find anything interesting in this event at least nothing usefull except that 12 sec potions.. Not any kind of loot box or anything that can be worth doing this event.....

The Hidden Weapon Sheath alone makes this event worthwhile. It's about time they gave us a reasonable way to acquire an item that should realistically be a check box somewhere on the costume page. Now if only they'd add Transparent Masks to the token shop too....

The prices are also - with a few exceptions - reasonable. Except for those few high-priced items, I don't think there's anything in the token shop I couldn't expect to be able to get in one day without too much effort.
I assume you are looking at the power of the person you mentioned from GVHM. Since it is higher than the screenshot Erazus provided of his character you are arguing that "look there are other sources of getting power that make you strong because this guy has more" right?

However you cannot compare 2 characters this way. Based on the base stats of the screenshot, you are most likely looking at a Valk with good gear. Valks dont really need much crit at all so they can build much more power than other classes. Another odd thing about the persons stats you posted is that they have 145.6 crit factor. Usually when you see this the person is currently being buffed by mystic auras. Who knows what other buffs this Valk could have to inflate their power just to help prove your point that "hey look this guy has more power".

The big issue is that someone with a maxed out pet (40power with 100% up time) vs someone with a 1 fellowship pet (3power with 16% up time). Its basically like having 2 extra pieces of jewelry on. This is a huge difference and its stats that are for the most part locked behind a pay wall or a very high amount of gold to get a good pet. Even with the current double drop event going on in the last 60 runs of GVH ive done since the event started ive only gotten a little over 20 legacy essence which is equivalent to 1 companion.

Yes of course there are many sources of power and ways to increase your characters strength but this system is a problem because of the difference between spending a whole lot of real life money for pets vs farming them in game by buying them or the legacy essences. Then on top of this being plagued heavily by RNG. People complained about dragons being pay2win but comparatively it was very cheap. When dragons first came out 2.0 dragons were around 400k and 1.5 would drop from bosses or were obtainable through scales.

If I had to recommend a change to Bluehole it would be to change the way that the fellowship and power scale on the companions. Right now 1-44 fellowship will give you 22power, then all of a sudden the power per fellowship gain will start to increase heavily from 45-50 fellowship you are getting another 19 power over 6 fellowship. I think people would be happier if they reversed this curve so that by the time you are at 44 fellowship you already have around +38 power on your pet and the last 6 or so fellowship to 50 is a very minor 2 power difference.

Personally if it was up to me I would not have this pet system in the game at all since its really the first time there was so much additional power locked behind purchasing and seems uncharacteristic of what Tera has always been (for example Tera gives enchantment correction when failing vs other mmos your gear will just explode). I think it is too late though, im sure people have already spent tons of money on trying to get a nice pet and if they remove the cap on grade so u can feed your companions more pets or remove the power from the pets entirely they will feel scammed.
 Is TERA worth playing? 06/23/2019, 06:28 PM Calumbrae
I dont find it worth playing anymore, because as with most mmo, the developers drive them to ruin over the years with what they believe are' improvements' and Tera is no different.

When I started playing at the release in 2011, Tera was a Beautiful, immersive, fun, rewarding game to play. The combat was exciting and felt impactful and is still the best and most fun out there and i have played Tera actively for 4 years and after that it began to dwindle.

For me playing an MMO is about the journey and the exploration of the beautiful worlds mmo's provide. i dont care if that journey would take me many months to get to max level as long as it was fun and rewarding. The many "improvements" over the years made leveling feel boring and linear as **** and will get you to max level in less than a week(for the hardcore players amongst us) The new tutorial island is just mind-numbing compared to the original one, but hey.. its 3x as short to complete. From the moment you get of the tutorial island, you receive avatar weapons that are so overpowered, there is no need for player skills. and basically no need to play dungeons because why would you when any weapon drops are weaker than avatar weapons and most mobs are killed before they can touch you, so why bother with armor. (and you pretty much get avatar weapons until 65) The only reason to go do dungeons would be for storyquests, which you can now play in solo-mode. So no more teaming up with people and having a fun time.

Crafting had always been a bit on the shallow pointless side but now its completely irrelevent in my opinion. thus also gathering has no use anymore. In addition, they changed the gathering timer to 12 seconds which also makes it a highly annoying and mind numbing grind to fetch materials for those that do want a crack at crafting.

a Major turn-off for me has been the endgame that is now filled with elitists. nobody will bother with new endgame players and wont invite you to anything because you wont have any experience, nor the gear required and they wont teach you. (Unless perhaps you have a nice guild with nice people that you can do runs with).

So in 2019 Tera is still the beautiful and graphically pleasing mmo it has always been. Combat/healing is still the best and most fun out there. But that is all.. Tera has become a boring and unrewarding solo grind. the game's sole focus is to get the player to the end game as fast as possible where you most likely wont be able to get accepted unless you are in a good guild.

So conclusion: I wouldnt bother with it. ofcourse feel free to try, but i wouldnt expect too much.

I actually was excited when i heard there would be a Tera Classic. however that evaporated as soon as i heard it was only temporary. It wouldve been nice to play tera again before they had screwed it over. but i wont bother with it if it will just get deleted in the end.
Incursiox wrote: »
I really dont get how do u ppl find this years event interesting where there are nothing that can be traded,and price for the items in the summer festival coin is ridiculously hight... Also there are some daily event quests that dont event give u coins.... I rly dont find anything interesting in this event at least nothing usefull except that 12 sec potions.. Not any kind of loot box or anything that can be worth doing this event.....

If you have not played last year event, then you have nothing to bring to the table.
If you think the prices of the items in the token shop are too high, then you seriously have not played last year event. Other than the server wide consumable and the permanent disco ball, the other things are priced very reasonably.
Just because you cannot find something worth YOUR time, doesnt make the event bad.
I would rather have untradeable things, than see the market overflow with the same item, and then crash.

I know i been really dissing out EME on their latest choices and actions, but i have to give credit where is due. Before saying that the stuff from the token shop is "ridiculously high" go get informed first on how bad the last Summer Event was.
I really dont get how do u ppl find this years event interesting where there are nothing that can be traded,and price for the items in the summer festival coin is ridiculously hight... Also there are some daily event quests that dont event give u coins.... I rly dont find anything interesting in this event at least nothing usefull except that 12 sec potions.. Not any kind of loot box or anything that can be worth doing this event.....
Server: Velika


BuddyUp Code:

1) Angelkitty#4240
2) Pawpaw#9608
3) Ninjiacat#4180
4) Babycat#3699
5) Poke.Meow.Meow#3081
6) Maomao#4466



Have fun leveling up XDD
My character: Satang
Satang's Server: (EN) - Mystel
BuddyUp Code: Satang#8806
This also happens on EU so at least it is not like EME is trying to be funny XD
Erazus, if you are truly that player then i have to apologize for not being respectful.. But once again i am still going to keep up with my argument since it does have meaning...

The partner system is definitely broken and i will not disagree since i have at least spent up to 7.5mil gold to end up with only +35fellowship at most.. And from that experience alone i could figure out that it is a very disturbing ( not going to use other heavy words ) system meant to fool the players into even believeing that they have any chance to get anything while the price to pay is being kept beyond absurdity... Of course, i did not expect too much since the odds were that bad ( we can get from 0 up to 6 fellowship per try ).. But i did not expect it to be that bad and especially since we are not allowed to reset the fellowship on a partner meaning that we have to get another Superior partner to keep trying...

Still...

We have to consider that yet again there are so many sources available and that are as much as broken as the partner system that the partner system alone no longer becomes the most important but instead it is just another source from many other sources that a player can use to make progress..

Here is another example:

P2YzD8d.jpg

This player that i met while doing GVHM had these kind of insane stats with a parther that had only +21 permanent power buff ( 41 fellowship with a superior pet ).


My point is that the partner system might be broken but there are other systems as much as broken that players can use to make progress and even surpass anyone with a partner that could magically have +40 permanent power buff while still having the average partner with +20 power... Making the partner system to not be be the last and most important choice when trying to make progress...


The partner system is broken beyond absurdity? It is.. But once again it is not the only one.
<3 server Velika <3
buddyupcode enmasse

Zio.Archer#5143

Aleandroct#0100

Zio.Berseker#0916

Helin.Copter#5925

Zio.Valky#5974

Helyn.Copter#2575

Father.Ralph#3965

Zio.Tripper#2291
Can we have another crabs event just for Summer Festival Tokens? =)
Server: Kaiator

BuddyUp Code: Zeir#6732

0/3
__________________________

BuddyUp Code: Khyu#7451

0/3
I still play occasionally for 2 reasons: 1. the unique combat system, and 2. my friend won't play anything else lol.

I cannot be bothered to play seriously, mostly due to elitists and otherwise rude people making dungeons unpleasant.

If you have a group of friends to play with and can tolerate grinding, sure, you can get some enjoyment from the game. Overall, I'd advise people considering Tera to not bother.
Accumulated on-line hours by characters. This means the more AFK fishers you have the best position you will get in that list.
 Is TERA worth playing? 06/22/2019, 10:31 PM vkobe
RenniBee wrote: »
In your opinion what attracts you to the game? And what makes you want to leave... and if so how far is too far?

Could be interesting customer feedback but I don’t have much faith in response to player feedback, but I am interested myself in knowing the “state” of several players of TERA right now and how the future of TERA is really looking.

I’ll start off by saying what attracted me to TERA was the art, beautiful open world, and the lore, being an artist and a fiction writer hobbyist. What kept me here was the social aspect of doing group content with friends I made in PVE and some RP (now a dead age, RIP). The content I enjoyed the most in the game out of everything they’ve ever had was the open world events spawning BAMs. Even though the system didn’t always handle it well... at all sometimes
If you do play Tera DO NOT get elite it turned into a scam
 Is TERA worth playing? 06/22/2019, 08:37 PM NerdFury
NO, Tera is not worth playing.
This why TERA NA have a sh*t community, because they always tend to have `Elitist` behavior
(Certain player were good behavior, but some other were bad behavior).
Elitist by my definition is a certain players which tend to feel superior than other players, because they feel have a better skills, gears, reflexes, experience, and it lead discrimination among the players.
And that make BHS treat TERA NA has a different difficulties in games.

Just like any other region and/or game.
You'll have pleasant and unpleasant members on the community.
It isn't something aggravated nor exclusive to TERA NA.
4DMCMYWLX4 wrote: »
It is seriously annoying, and it started happening maybe what, 2 patches ago? What did they break to cause such a simple thing to go awry. It better not be a 2 month fix.

BHS completely changed how the Elite bar works this patch and the management tools are all broken as a result (last I heard publishers don't even have a tool to change the mount at the moment). You'll also note that now things that used to be server-bound are now account-bound, which was part of the change BHS made. I'm not optimistic for a quick fix, but here's hoping...

So what you are saying is it's not worth it to get elite. Blame it on BlueHole when we are on a EME server

What I'm saying is the developers broke the functionality the world over, and it has nothing to do with what any given publisher wants. They can still try to push the issue with the developers for a fix, and they should.
It is seriously annoying, and it started happening maybe what, 2 patches ago? What did they break to cause such a simple thing to go awry. It better not be a 2 month fix.

BHS completely changed how the Elite bar works this patch and the management tools are all broken as a result (last I heard publishers don't even have a tool to change the mount at the moment). You'll also note that now things that used to be server-bound are now account-bound, which was part of the change BHS made. I'm not optimistic for a quick fix, but here's hoping...

So what you are saying is it's not worth it to get elite. Blame it on BlueHole when we are on a EME server
It is seriously annoying, and it started happening maybe what, 2 patches ago? What did they break to cause such a simple thing to go awry. It better not be a 2 month fix.

BHS completely changed how the Elite bar works this patch and the management tools are all broken as a result (last I heard publishers don't even have a tool to change the mount at the moment). You'll also note that now things that used to be server-bound are now account-bound, which was part of the change BHS made. I'm not optimistic for a quick fix, but here's hoping...
If you are full +6 PvP gear and getting kicked, that is extremely bad, it shouldn't happen unless you just AFK or walk around in the bam cave the entire game. I am sorry to hear that.
It is seriously annoying, and it started happening maybe what, 2 patches ago? What did they break to cause such a simple thing to go awry. It better not be a 2 month fix.
Season passes seem to be all the rage - maybe TERA could go to that?

No idea how it would be implemented though...
kubitoid wrote: »
@Rox , wheres @Tielwing :expressionless:

=) =) =)
@Rox , wheres @Tielwing :expressionless:
I agree with this just another way EME is trying to get rid of elite. Not enough money in it
Rox wrote: »
This means a lot to me and the team, thank you for the feedback, and we're happy to hear y'all appreciate it. Getting this one altogether was no small effort.

The Player Council for both PC and Console put a lot of time into helping to shape the event and its shop(s) too, so please give them a thanks as well the next time you see 'em around.

Yes, thank you Player Council for helping so much with the event to. The Anniversary Event along with this event were such an improvement. It's really nice to be able to get cool rewards for participating in events and not have to worry about any abuse.
TJKat wrote: »
I have to agree, the tokens/shop are MUCH better this year. I think you found the balance between so-expensive-it's-not-worth-doing (last year) and so-cheap-we're-going-to-destroy-the-economy (two years ago). Good job.

However, I'm going to disagree with @SageWindu - 2 months of this is too long. Last year was bad enough at 5 weeks - the beach and festival site were almost completely empty during the last two weeks - but 9 weeks... the mini-games are a nice little distraction, but there isn't nearly enough replay value or variety to keep them engaging for 9 weeks. I would much rather see lower prices in the token shop, and cap out the event at 3 weeks.

Again, I really think this event is more for free players than us veterans, but the fact that it is running so long is nice since we'll likely be seeing a lot of new players in the next two months. Plus, you gotta give me time to farm invisible sheaths for all my toons. How are they supposed to swim with ukuleles on their backs? Having the area empty is a good thing, because it means everyone ended up getting what they wanted. The event 2 years ago, many of us were still farming till the end. Also, it means no stress, so people on vacations don't have to feel like they are missing out or stressed to farm the event before it leaves. It's out of the way, so it's not bothering anyone that does't want to participate. There is really a lot in the shop, so I don't doubt many will be farming the event to the end.
For god's sake man, every time i log into my alt the elite mount is not on my skill slot and i have to put it back where it was. Now the elite mount is not in the same skill slot when you want to dismount as well.

Please fix, thanks.
Quoting @counterpoint
From what they've said, their intention is to reintroduce all of them, but some of them had to have their descriptions (and in some cases lootbox contents) updated so those ones were delayed. When I get the chance I'm planning to make a list of all the missing ones in the hope that none are missed this year.

According to this, we should get em before the Summer ends, or before the year ends (who knows, maybe they get too lazy to put em during the sumer event, and wait till black Friday)

The swimsuits that are missing of this specific batch are:
- Dyable Summer Wrap
- Dyable Beach Wrap
- Dyable Beach Cadet (elin only)
- Dyable Carnivale Torpedo (for the other Females)

Also, Lets not forget the Dyable Hanboks that been released for a while already in Ktera and Jtera, with some cool back accessories.
Also, what about that golden dragon armor that was like an event reward? for a Jtera event where everything was gold?
 New Swimsuit question 06/22/2019, 02:23 PM Zoknahal
Breetizm wrote: »
ulbp9mF.png
The amount of detail they put into the new outfit tho. Guess BHS was lazy enough to come up with an original name for it and lazy to add toes.

Your graphics must be on low or have not rendered the toes yet, cause in my case, i can see the toes, they are there, just gotta force the game to render them by lowering and increasing the graphics preset.
 New Swimsuit question 06/22/2019, 01:29 PM UsagiFF
kubitoid wrote: »
Q
Zoknahal wrote: »
The question is: Why EME keeps pushing the loot box prices higher and higher every year?
A
Fail on EME's part. They lost my money.
I caved in watching people get the dyeable all day. A person next to me bought 15 boxes and got the swimsuit and emote. I bought 10 boxes and got the swimsuit.

Yep, I'm ashamed. I said I wouldn't buy it, but lost my willpower =x.

I bought 100 of them and got... only one.
Essentially the thing is, yes the boss will spin, and it's why I hate tanking bosses mentioned by @LiliaTheKurai (Namely Lachelith, Dakuryon (SS, more so than VS), and Pahoegar) but just move in front, cause if you stay at the bosses back, the dps have to move again, once you have the bosses attention back from the secondary. And while I have seen the situation performed once before where Pahaeogar keeps targeting the heal in one place, it is a *very* rare exception, and most heals especially now would not know how to perform such a feat to be able to depend upon it.
kubitoid wrote: »
Q
Zoknahal wrote: »
The question is: Why EME keeps pushing the loot box prices higher and higher every year?
A
Fail on EME's part. They lost my money.
I caved in watching people get the dyeable all day. A person next to me bought 15 boxes and got the swimsuit and emote. I bought 10 boxes and got the swimsuit.

Yep, I'm ashamed. I said I wouldn't buy it, but lost my willpower =x.
Back DPSing Pahoegar and Dakuryon as a tank doesn't make sense, no.
Well, I should say not entirely. I've seen it done a few times for Pahoegar. I (a healer, this is something we used to do specifically for this boss) knew how to make the boss do lasers for 100% of the fight in a single direction. So the tank we had just decided to back DPS. That's the only case though.
As a tank, you front chase. It adds up to more back time for the DPS, the classes that are actually supposed to do damage.
Plus, both Pahoegar and Dakuryon don't do lasers for 100% of the fight.
Your job is to hold aggro and keep the boss from turning/moving as much as possible. If you go to the back of the boss, the boss is going to turn even more than it would just doing its normal mechanics. And that means lower damage and a longer fight.
There will always be bosses that will turn or move. Like Atrocitas, Malgarios, Lachelith, Lakan(claw), Pyrepelt, Lilith, Pahoegar, Dakuryon, etc. Even Antaroth. As a tank, you have to adapt so that your DPS can do the big boi damage.
This why TERA NA have a sh*t community, because they always tend to have `Elitist` behavior
(Certain player were good behavior, but some other were bad behavior).
Elitist by my definition is a certain players which tend to feel superior than other players, because they feel have a better skills, gears, reflexes, experience, and it lead discrimination among the players.
And that make BHS treat TERA NA has a different difficulties in games.
Not worth to play.

From my perspective, i`m already retired from TERA because the community in TERA is too much `Elitist`.
(Elitist by my definition, certain players which tend to feel superior than other players, because they feel better than anything, skills, gears, reflexes, experience, etc)
i farm so hard and hardcorely for my strongest gear in multiple characters for nothing, and yet i`m struggle to learn the hardest content in the game, because the community it`s self were lack of learning run, so i have no chance to learn the hardest content like GLSHM and even BAHAR back there.

It`s come to my conclusion, thats how the TERA it self were made for these days.
- The end-game content in TERA were really depend in the community, but the community it self were not support each other. Skilled player tend to to run with experienced players only.
- TERA fail to modified their player community in the game, to have positive atmosfire, and it lead to ignorance behavior.
- In advanced level, Elitist players tend to have perfectionist behavior, and push your dps to max, they will complain why your dps is so decent, but them self using third party program that boost they dps significantly and used program that have macro build on it and make they easy to play it, if you complain personaly to them, they will backlash you harshly with other argument `This program will not effected to your skill`, (While i seen some players using berserker perform `inhuman` combo technique, that perform block gap in every skill very fast and perfect timing, thats make me wondering, is that i`m so stupid? owh i just realize he using macro). In result, player behavior in the community already broken and lead them to unfair and cheating, and you will feel regret, and play these games for nothing.

But i must agree, TERA is few MMORPG that have the best combat system and game play,
which in another MMORPG that not implemented.
 New Swimsuit question 06/22/2019, 08:21 AM kubitoid
Q
Zoknahal wrote: »
The question is: Why EME keeps pushing the loot box prices higher and higher every year?
A
Fail on EME's part. They lost my money.
I caved in watching people get the dyeable all day. A person next to me bought 15 boxes and got the swimsuit and emote. I bought 10 boxes and got the swimsuit.
 New Swimsuit question 06/22/2019, 06:57 AM Breetizm
ulbp9mF.png
The amount of detail they put into the new outfit tho. Guess BHS was lazy enough to come up with an original name for it and lazy to add toes.
^ ?????
 Summer Event 2019 Feedback 06/22/2019, 02:14 AM TJKat
Is there any way banker and broker NPCs could be added to the festival sites?
Server: Velika

Bagelbrenda#5577 (0/3)

Mulissu#6723 (0/3)
 Game not loading 06/22/2019, 12:17 AM sevad
All fixed, reinstalled the game with the new loader and it's working fine now
I caved in watching people get the dyeable all day. A person next to me bought 15 boxes and got the swimsuit and emote. I bought 10 boxes and got the swimsuit.
The only thing i dislike about the current trends of Events, is the timed consumables. Those new Watermelon Juice and Moongourd Rice Drink are pretty nice potions, and also collectibles, some of us like me, like to collect unique items.
I do not understand why this items have to be timed.

Also the popori hats are kind of irrelevant since you can get them from the Fashion Coupons, but i suppose during the event this hats would be more accessible through the event than through Fashion Coupons.

Other than that, the event is nice, but would really like to not have timed consumables.
 Summer Event 2019 Feedback 06/21/2019, 10:36 PM TJKat
I have to agree, the tokens/shop are MUCH better this year. I think you found the balance between so-expensive-it's-not-worth-doing (last year) and so-cheap-we're-going-to-destroy-the-economy (two years ago). Good job.

However, I'm going to disagree with @SageWindu - 2 months of this is too long. Last year was bad enough at 5 weeks - the beach and festival site were almost completely empty during the last two weeks - but 9 weeks... the mini-games are a nice little distraction, but there isn't nearly enough replay value or variety to keep them engaging for 9 weeks. I would much rather see lower prices in the token shop, and cap out the event at 3 weeks.
 New Swimsuit question 06/21/2019, 10:35 PM Zoknahal
Vorlon wrote: »
I'm rather confused on the new swimsuits. Are they dyeable? If they are dyeable, can we see an example of how they dye? Finally, I heard rumors that a dyeable summerwrap and torpedo swimsuits exist on the Korean and Japanese servers. Anyone know if these rumors are true?

The rumors are true. There are dyable versions of the Summer Wrap, Beach Wrap, Torpedo Bikinis, and Beach Cadet (elin only).

The new swimsuit from the loot box, is dyable, but is very limited. Here is a picture. The Pink parts are what is dyable.

As for the new swimsuits, well, i assume they will be again in a loot box costing nearly the same as the new ones, or hopefully lower, due to this rumored "increased rates"

I stand by my initial post, that in order for us to believe that the price increase means better rates, EME should post the rates to the public. Thats what i believe should be the bare minimum for any publisher that still uses loot boxes, to keep selling them.
Vorlon wrote: »
I'm rather confused on the new swimsuits. Are they dyeable? If they are dyeable, can we see an example of how they dye? Finally, I heard rumors that a dyeable summerwrap and torpedo swimsuits exist on the Korean and Japanese servers. Anyone know if these rumors are true?

Yes they are dyeable. You can see the non dyeable in the tera store and you can see the dyeable here: https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/31876/new-swimsuits-come-with-funny-emotes/p1
 New Swimsuit question 06/21/2019, 10:11 PM Vorlon
I'm rather confused on the new swimsuits. Are they dyeable? If they are dyeable, can we see example of how they dye? Finally, I heard rumors that a dyeable summerwrap and torpedo swimsuits exist on Korean and Japanese server. Anyone know if these rumors are true?
 Event currency? 06/21/2019, 10:10 PM TJKat
StarSprite wrote: »
Rox addressed this in the eme discord.

" Disco Ball is high priced for a reason. We rarely, if ever, offer the permanent disco ball. That price is calculated based on forcing a certain level of grind. An entirely in-game hardcore player achievement of sorts. Ya earned the perma disco ball. The number on each server pre-summerfest was quite low"

It's meant to be hard to get and something you'll need alts to farm.

I get that it's supposed to be hard to get, but 10,000 tokens is too much. You'd need to do all of the token quests on 12 characters every day for the whole month to get it. I'm just glad I already have one.
 Summer Event 2019 Feedback 06/21/2019, 09:42 PM Rox
This means a lot to me and the team, thank you for the feedback, and we're happy to hear y'all appreciate it. Getting this one altogether was no small effort.

The Player Council for both PC and Console put a lot of time into helping to shape the event and its shop(s) too, so please give them a thanks as well the next time you see 'em around.
still no reputation, even though I did the quests just about every day
bring back fwc the Russian way 10v10
Castanic i usually agree with what you say, but on this case, you're wrong, first of all you don't even know who the owner of this thread is, this dude is almost BiS in anything and he knows what he is saying, i'm pretty sure you play on VK, but since ur not on dean's(not that you need to be on his discord to be competitive but there you can see who's competing the most) discord i know you are not part of the competitive players. You're missing the point of this thread.
 New Swimsuit question 06/21/2019, 08:27 PM Zoknahal
Really just trying to think that the marketing team of EME does not think long term. We still havent seen a proper rework of Elite to make it worth again, so i do not expect to see a new approach on sales anytime soon. I have high hopes that the current loot box problems in the gaming industry in the USA, can bring some light into the publishers still using this evil to make money.
I really hope i am not speaking too soon and will have to eat my words later too.
I like the token shop, and the fact that there is a consumable that works for the entire server, makes it kinda cool.
Would had liked more variety of swimsuits in the token shop tho, but duckies are ok i suppose, much better than the last year.

Gotta give credit where is due, this is better than last year. Could still use some improvements to match previous years, but is a step forward, hope to see this same approach in coming events.
ic3dt3a wrote: »
Bye, Felicia. On kaiator, ppl don’t care to stack, the days of fwc sync queues are gone, they just want the bg to pop. If you’re not in at least +6 PvP gear, you’re literally dragging the team down and, being that it doesn’t pop a lot, ppl don’t want to deal with this. If you’re constantly going the wrong way or “guarding a pure”(don’t lie, you’re afking), you will get kicked if it’s noticed that you’re not contributing.

I’m a subpar/bad healer and don’t get kicked, so I know what I’m talking about.

already unistalled but i will answer this last one, yes i was +6, pvp, inner all pvp set how can i be afk if they kick me before start? you acussing the wrong person, and sadly im not the only one, from a true veteran who played 2012 till 2015, when the game was overpopulated and heatier, bg poping 24/7 and faction wars witch was the game identity.
I hope I'm not speaking too soon with this, but it seems EME (or someone within) learned from the mistakes of the previous years. No juggling between 2 different tokens, the ridiculous ideas of having items both cost tenfold of what they did in the previous year and be completely random is gone (seriously, who thought that was a good idea?!), and the event is going on for almost a full 2 months, giving people plenty of time to gather items they want (gonna take some real dedication for the disco ball tho).

And if nothing else, it's nice to see people roaming around in the game again. I think I even saw some RP the other day! :sunglasses:
They forgot the smiley face then or any type of context to make is sarcasm.

The context was basically the day's gaming news... but also, I think the point was also that EA's legal arguments were so silly that they can be dismissed out of hand.

I don't know whether loot boxes meet the current legal definition of gambling according to each country's laws... but they probably do need some sort of regulation since game companies don't seem willing to step up to the plate unless dragged kicking and screaming. It's sad.

That link was posted after the fact, had it been in their op, I would have worded my post differently or not posted at all. I don't watch, listen or read any news. Probably why it was lost on me. Then again a blanket post would be lost on anyone.
 New Swimsuit question 06/21/2019, 07:34 PM SageWindu
I still don't see why Grab Bags aren't a permanent feature. Make a "Super" Grab Bag at a really low price but have it include everything (say, 50 EMP, but as I said have it include everything), then have themed Grab Bags at various prices either based on the theme itself or how much stuff is in it (like those Summer Fun boxes from years past). Then go ahead and have items available for direct purchase.

Path of Exile does this to great effect. I had $30USD in leftover points, so I copped a few boxes - $30 going in, and I think I ended up with $350 worth of items. And not a dyad or health potion in sight. :smile:

And it gets better! Not feeling the Mystery Box? Wait a few months and the items will be added to the store for direct purchase. It gets better! Not feeling the prices? GGG does sales on a daily basis, so wait a little longer and those wings you want might be on sale at anywhere between 15-50% off!

Why EME hasn't thought of something like this for the long term is beyond me (though I can guess, but I'm trying to curb my cynicism, suffice to say it involves the rather myopic playerbase). Can you imagine sales for people outside of those with Elite status? Sure Elite becomes that much more obsolete as such, but modern problems require modern solutions.
They forgot the smiley face then or any type of context to make is sarcasm.

The context was basically the day's gaming news... but also, I think the point was also that EA's legal arguments were so silly that they can be dismissed out of hand.

I don't know whether loot boxes meet the current legal definition of gambling according to each country's laws... but they probably do need some sort of regulation since game companies don't seem willing to step up to the plate unless dragged kicking and screaming.
Christin wrote: »
My OP isn't all about me. Again, not sure what your problem is, but it's your problem not mine. Buying EMP doesn't get more loot pets onto the broker for others to buy does it?

Tf u on about?
Wait.. u wanted the pet sale, so that others will put the loot pet on broker for others to buy?
Aren't u that guy that cried alot about undercutting and stuff?

Again, you're not adding anything to the OP, so not sure why you have such a problem with a pet sale.
_________________________

On Velika, there are only 8 autolooters in the brokerage and lowest price is 120k. Temp looters are nice, but EME seriously needs to get more pets out there. Even the store is limited in selection to the same pets we see every day. If peeps could simply get over themselves already, EME most likely would have done something by now. Even 120k isn't so bad, but it would be nice to have more of a selection both in the brokerage and in the store.

 New Swimsuit question 06/21/2019, 06:41 PM Zoknahal
Christin wrote: »
Looks like they are going for a better rate and higher priced boxes. Better get used to it, because no doubt it's going to be this way from now on. At least with this way, you're less likely to have to spend hundreds of dollars in order to get what you want. I know someone will argue otherwise, because they don't understand gambling, but it is better.

I would agree to that, everything is ok if the rates are better, but until we see those rates, nothing changes.
Is like saying "i saw a Unicorn yesterday" but you do not have any photos or evidence to prove it, just your word.

Same with loot boxes, EME can say that they increased the rates for the jackpots to justify the increase in price, but how can we believe that if they dont even post the rates to the public?

The crab event wasn't super lucrative, but it was fun to run around and kill them. The larger ones were fun to. Shrimp hats were kind of neat. It's always nice to get a cosmetic to commemorate the event no matter how weird it is. :)

Beach event is really cool IMO. Token prices for everything seem to be in line, and new players have an easy chance to get duckie and a few other suits for their toons. Not as lucrative as previous years, but the water gun, blue wings and invisible sheath are really nice prizes to have in the shop along with the mounts. The colorful duckies are fun to. There is plenty to choose from without worrying about over farmers. All in all, I'd say it was a smart move to let players buy suits directly rather than rng boxes. Veteran players won't have much to farm for, but they're most likely busy with strongboxes and gold farming. Personally, I am fine with not being able to win higher tier swimsuits in favor of giving new players a chance at some super cute duckie suits.
KFGRWRD3XH wrote: »
> @Stitches1974 said:
> Fanfreya wrote: »
>
>
>
> loot boxes aren't gambling.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Sure it is.
>
> Gambling is the wagering of money or something of value (referred to as "the stakes") on an event with an uncertain outcome, with the primary intent of winning money or goods. Gambling thus requires three elements to be present: consideration (an amount wagered), risk (chance), and a prize.


I believe Fanfreya was being sarcastic.

For context:
https://www.pcgamer.com/ea-calls-loot-boxes-surprise-mechanics-and-compares-them-to-kinder-eggs/

They forgot the smiley face then.
> @Stitches1974 said:
> Fanfreya wrote: »
>
>
>
> loot boxes aren't gambling.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Sure it is.
>
> Gambling is the wagering of money or something of value (referred to as "the stakes") on an event with an uncertain outcome, with the primary intent of winning money or goods. Gambling thus requires three elements to be present: consideration (an amount wagered), risk (chance), and a prize.


I believe Fanfreya was being sarcastic.

For context:
https://www.pcgamer.com/ea-calls-loot-boxes-surprise-mechanics-and-compares-them-to-kinder-eggs/
 New Swimsuit question 06/21/2019, 05:36 PM Christin
Looks like they are going for a better rate and higher priced boxes. Better get used to it, because no doubt it's going to be this way from now on. At least with this way, you're less likely to have to spend hundreds of dollars in order to get what you want. I know someone will argue otherwise, because they don't understand gambling, but it is better.
You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.