TERA Online forum archive
Toggle all posts - Display mode: Posts - Threads - Filter: none - moderated
CornishRex wrote: »
Shealee wrote: »
i still cant believe that so many of what make Mystic a "support" healer is still left unused. Why is there no kind of DPS modifier buff for the group when we pull out vengence for a burn, but theres a defense buff from protection? (yes, buffing endurance is a defense move) why are all the other auras completely and utterly useless? When I play my priest almost every single one of her buffs and skills are used. 90% of mystics skills are useless. I've just never played a "support" class where everything about them was useless except for 2 buffs (auras are buffs) and their ability to heal.
Anyway. just a class rant, i love mystic i think they are a lot of fun to play, i just wish their skills were more widely used instead of having just a few that are viable.

Most of the cc skills are meant for pvp and 50% of their auras are useful so idk.
Their buffs strongly outshine priests buffs too.

50% arent useful, thats my point.
Hello
I have geared my Slayer with storm cry and I am trying to work out what the best pure PVE build is for the class currently.

Our dps is one of if not the very lowest this patch, has anyone run actual tests with current stormcry in rk9?

What Crit rate is optimal now or is it even capped? Tied to that could it be better to run Crit or Power etchings over Energetic?

Full Crit accessories? Is there a Crit rate to hit where we get a larger payoff with mixing one or more Power?
Note: I know about Godsbane set, I do not have access to it as I am a returning player this patch. It would be worth mentioning for some that may not know.

I have played Slayer since free to play, I am very experienced with rotations but I'm not a numbers guy and I know alot of you have min/maxing down to a science. I also understand the difference for parties with mystic/priest or Lancer/Brawler respectively. I'm looking for the max dps middle road for a full PVE slayer.
Open Slayer Discussion \o/
I explain my tank the situation and if he is salty I let him dead lol
People above me have mentioned most things already, so I'll just add some minor things

Priests have a faster res than Mystic
Mystic's lock-ons are currently at 27m... that's a little broken...
Mystics are better for good parties, Priests are better at babysitting; ofc both do quite well either way if you're good at your class
Priest gives power buff, Mystic gives crit buff
Mystics are a lot better at soloing, especially pre 65 content, and IOD.

I play Sorc, Mystic, and Priest. I disagree in that it's easier to dodge on Mystic. Teleport Jaunt has a slight delay vs Backstep. When I'm on my sorc (which has both teleport and backstep) I find that I use backstep to dodge things more often than teleport. The delay seriously throws me off, especially with skills like KD second boss fire cone AOE. I can never dodge it on my mystic but I have no problems dodging it on my priest. Could just be me though. I also have a constant 200 ping.. so I mean... #Australia

Personally I prefer playing Mystic as opposed to priest, especially now that the lock-ons are a longer range than before. You should still stand < 20 m away from your party though, or else they don't get your auras.

I think each class is good at different dungeons, e.g: Priests are better for KD runs (Kaia shield big lightning bolt) whilst Mystics are better at LK runs (AOE clense entire party).
ZameD wrote: »
I was enought bored to compare the top 10 dps on each dps class at the tree bosses of RK-9 that Moongourd have, and just counting the numbres my ranking would be:
TOP Tier- Valk, Warrior
Tier A- Zerk, Archer
Tier B- Reaper,Sorcerer
Tier C- Slayer, Gunner
LOW Tier- Ninja

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YZ2yaZ0pq1wfeDqC0TUD65d9404ONHZGEPb-df7PzT4/edit?usp=sharing

Of note there is that almost all of the top 10 slayer results have a high or near max ICB RNG multiplier. So it seems like slayer is currently in a position where it is even worse than ninja on your average run and C-Tier when it has good RNG.

as i said its just counting the numbers, ofc there are a lot of variables to do a legit tier of classes, like icb RNG, skill level of the player, gear that the class have, the rotation, the glyphs, everything counts, this is just what top 10 numbers say, maybe are players out with most dps on the low tier clases but we dont have that info, and yes if you see the spreadsheet you can see the top1 slayer on first and last boss do more dmg than the rest slayers and than the top 1 archer and its for icb for sure, but icb its not all, a new slayer with highest icb prob will do less dmg than a skilled slayer without icb, some slayer rotations dont even use uos when the icb rng is bad, this is just and example, if we take the top 100 players prob slayer could drop to low tier, or even other class with less skilled players could drop
Jordansb1 wrote: »
WrongHole wrote: »
Jordansb1 wrote: »
WrongHole wrote: »
haha!! nice meme thats the old brhm... ezpz

At 2:31 you can see he's wearing Behemoth gear though... :P

what do you mean by that lol?

Behemoth gear didn't exist in old BRHM...

That last boss its weak asf, if he try the first and second boss soloing are harder. The only away that he can clear fulminar its cause his dps its soo damn weak, that his brooch is always up for use for the next push back debuff. ezpz
Jordansb1 wrote: »
WrongHole wrote: »
haha!! nice meme thats the old brhm... ezpz

At 2:31 you can see he's wearing Behemoth gear though... :P

what do you mean by that lol?
haha!! nice meme thats the old brhm... ezpz
aeyrebaby wrote: »
Margarethe wrote: »
Personal opinion, somewhat balanced.
I play both, priest is easier.

At this point it's kind of just like you're giving arguments just for the sake of arguing but nothing you're saying is really making sense and you're also contradicting yourself.
If all classes have the same skills, they wouldn't be unique.
yet, (ignoring the lock-on targetting and range), all this update did was match some of mystic skills to be exactly the same as priest, and that doesn't make either of them less unique? What?
One shot mechanics aren't halved by corruption ring either. they're usually flat damage.
Then don't use it for one shot mechanics. Corruption ring (when used with a brain) still indirectly contributes to mobility by making it so that the mystic can survive certain situations without having to waste jaunt.
Guardian sanctuary also works in some situations.
So mentioning corruption ring's effectiveness is bad because corruption ring doesn't magically prevent one shots (although it has a handful of other uses), but it's okay for you to mention guardian sanctuary, which only works for about 5% of the situations where corruption ring does, but is apparently relevant enough to be used as a counter argument. Got it.
Due to the low healing DoT, it would most likely only be useful on slaying runs?
What? If we could add up the amount of health warding totem recovers to players on a HH run (especially in phase 3 where many players are grouped together at once) it would greatly exceed the 15% kaias gives back to 5 people. On top of that, the kaias heal is not a mandatory glyph that everyone uses.
Increased healing?
Please, it's almost useless.
So is a 40k shield at this point in time, other than situations where you get to avoid damage absorption mechanics because of it. Kaias (as well as GS for that matter) are flat out broken in PvP, but let's stop pretending it's some sort of PvE miracle when it hasn't been that way for a while.
Do we not have enough issues with DPS classes, now we'll have runs asking for a specific healer?
Except that's exactly what's happening now? LFG is already filled with people asking for mystics. The "balancing job" was poorly done. I was one of those people who played the mystic even when all everyone wanted was priest. I used to use it for SCHM and deal with the moans and groans I'd hear after I told people they needed to huddle properly after a laser. I didn't like seeing the class in such a poor spot back then, but it doesn't mean I want to see
  • the class dumbed down to the point any idiot can do well on it
  • the same thing happen to the other healer class

It is obvious that it's a bug, was also mentioned in another thread.
https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/17695/dafaq-priest-range#latest
Yes, and mystics have a mobility skill?
Kaia's shield doesn't require the HP glyph, as you mention.
Still a very low heal, if you take another hit.
Really? Do you ever IMS any dungeons?
Every class is somewhat dumb down at this point.
No comments if people really take the time to ask on LFG for a specific healer class.
LesbianVi wrote: »

Gunners are also good option when it comes to survival and ping issue.

Warrior is also good, because of the good amount safety and mobility very reliable, you lose DPS but staying alive and surviving can compensate that, but Warrior when it comes to DPS and good rotation needs higher skill.
Gunner is bad at high ping (no blast cancel, slow af burst fire, no triple AB..)
Warrior is trash af on high ping, maybe one of the worst classes, you gonna deal like the 60% of the dps of a low ping warrior no matter your skill cuz almost every chain/combo will be just...broken...
There's no point to talk about "skills" and even "survival" if the player will be so handicapped by ping.
A trash dps is almost as bad as a dead one...

Ofc it's possible to fix most issues with that third party tool (it'll be not the same as a low ping player...lots of desync and skills that fail to hit)..

Tbh, OP, if u're not going to use third party tools, just avoid Tera, find another game with better netcode or hosted whitin your own country.

SynFuLL wrote: »
Yeah, it blows that slayers not getting the love they deserve.

Problem is, in KR they have talents and slayer over there is top tier dps with talents but in NA we have no talents and BHS balance around KR so they no buff slayer hehehe xd
Jordansb1 wrote: »
N3PF5NGPD6 wrote: »
Jordansb1 wrote: »
@SageWindu Is the DPS for Slayer viable now? Previously I had one at lvl 62, and before getting my Avatar weapon it just didn't seem to do any damage compared to other classes.

(I know that's because of my gear at that level but still).

Highest slayer dps on vshm lakan is 1.9m/s and this was before buffs lmaoo with buffs same dps would be around 2.1m/s or more which is on par with archer but real problem of slayer is crits,icb rng and harder to play

Okay, but I'm not a tryhard lol (not saying that slayer was), but I'm not maxing out my gear to +15 whatever to do that kind of DPS. I usually get full +12 mid tier gear and call it quits, so I'm not projecting to do 2mil/sec.

I think slayer dps is good .. unless you get very bad rng on icb
Jordansb1 wrote: »
@SageWindu Is the DPS for Slayer viable now? Previously I had one at lvl 62, and before getting my Avatar weapon it just didn't seem to do any damage compared to other classes.

(I know that's because of my gear at that level but still).

Highest slayer dps on vshm lakan is 1.9m/s and this was before buffs lmaoo with buffs same dps would be around 2.1m/s or more which is on par with archer but real problem of slayer is crits,icb rng and harder to play
LesbianVi wrote: »
But BHS doesn't give a rat buttttttt what NA players suggest.

Is more like slayer is strong in KR cuz of talents but NA don't have talents , that reason why slayer will always remain bad outside Korea.
Or better yet, give us another means of obtaining the designs, be it the IoD BAM tokens, Ace Medals, or at least a means that isn't dependant on RNG, let alone 3 layers of it.
I think they should make the chance of getting one higher I've been playing every dungeon every day for 2 months now and still nothing or maybe I'm just unlucky lol
Obs wrote: »
Krydr wrote: »
OliverTera wrote: »
...
...

HakuryuuDom gave you already an epic answer! Just read carefully!

However, with natural enrage and forced enrage, you may have the enrage time screwed a lot. Sometimes it may be prolonged (over 36 seconds) or shorten (cancelled or lower than 36 seconds).
Not sure if that is a bug or I made the boss too stupid to get angry...
It doesn't happen often so I did not pay that much attention. Good luck!

That's not how enraging works. The only way a boss enrages is when it's dealt 10% of its max HP while unenraged or when it's infuriated. The only way enrage can last longer is if you Infuriate at the end of the natural enrage. If you Infuriate right before/at the start of a natural enrage, you basically wasted the Infuriate.

That is how it works and you are 100% right! Please believe me when I say I know that! >.<

I am actually at fault to even mention such thing, I should have said something more general or not say at all.

What I was talking about are those RARE runs where it glitches or get screwed. You will not encounter in LFG, but you can see (very rarely though) in IM, and 99% of my runs are in IM, because I am a masochist [xD].

Please do not start thinking I am an idiot! I know many classes can enrage and your explanation is exactly how it should work.

I also thought at first that the prolonged enraged was because someone else enraged it right after, but there were no such classes when it happened and I play all classes according to my mood.
I also thought we burnt 10% quickly when un-enraged in that short period with our OP skills, but nope!

For the enrage-cancel glytch/bug, I can only suspect it is boss dependent!
If I do the following action:
- [boss is not enraged] + [use infuriate] = [36 seconds Enrage] (<- How it should be)
But I get sometimes:
- [boss is not enraged] + [use infuriate] = [1-2 second(s) Enrage, then cancel]
[And no, we did not burn the boss's HP that much and yes, I hit the boss with my enrage skill]

I know it sounds weird, but I am not lying... >.<
Well, it is not relevant anyway...
Krydr wrote: »
OliverTera wrote: »
...
Since we are not allowed to talk about third party programs here, i cannot help you with that. However, I can tell you that the enrage timer is 36 seconds for every ten percent unenraged. Hope this helps.

HakuryuuDom gave you already an epic answer! Just read carefully!

However, with natural enrage and forced enrage, you may have the enrage time screwed a lot. Sometimes it may be prolonged (over 36 seconds) or shorten (cancelled or lower than 36 seconds).
Not sure if that is a bug or I made the boss too stupid to get angry...
It doesn't happen often so I did not pay that much attention. Good luck!

That's not how enraging works. The only way a boss enrages is when it's dealt 10% of its max HP while unenraged or when it's infuriated. The only way enrage can last longer is if you Infuriate at the end of the natural enrage. If you Infuriate right before/at the start of a natural enrage, you basically wasted the Infuriate.
OliverTera wrote: »
...
Since we are not allowed to talk about third party programs here, i cannot help you with that. However, I can tell you that the enrage timer is 36 seconds for every ten percent unenraged. Hope this helps.

HakuryuuDom gave you already an epic answer! Just read carefully!

However, with natural enrage and forced enrage, you may have the enrage time screwed a lot. Sometimes it may be prolonged (over 36 seconds) or shorten (cancelled or lower than 36 seconds).
Not sure if that is a bug or I made the boss too stupid to get angry...
It doesn't happen often so I did not pay that much attention. Good luck!
Since we are not allowed to talk about third party programs here, i cannot help you with that. However, I can tell you that the enrage timer is 36 seconds for every ten percent unenraged. Hope this helps.
i found an old thread mentioning 37 seconds enrage timer & natural enrage starts at 90%. Enrage restarts again after burning 10% hp's or it can be refreshed with forcing enrage skills like infuriate for example.

All these values were approximate & posted 1.5 years ago by players recording their runs in FINM/HM. Now there's a UI mod that also shows enrage timer on bosses hp's.

My question is, Can someone link me to a source of the UI mod that shows enrage timer in game? Also if there's a recent discussion or math done on the topic, plz also share.

I am trying to determine average enrage uptime & to find how much better(% wise) is enrage rolls on gears than other rolls. If i find something interesting i'll share the finding but i doubt it'll be any surprise.
because tbh I've only run VSN a grand total of 4 times and I've only cleared it once. the other 3 runs we couldn't pass first boss. and idk wtf we're doing wrong. (not in a static btw). is success heavily relied on the tank in this dungeon?

I can hardly do a full rotation of my skills without dying bc I still take insane damage from behind ; ) as a reaper i'm so close to just standing back and just doing my mid range attacks and screw using cable to then trigger shadow burst. screw pend-> whipsaw bc I have to hug Darkan first. screw shadowlast. screw it all just so I don't die every 30 sec or whatever. but then i lose out on dps, and it's already kinda [filtered], rocking that misery.

i think that i'm just moody that i can't even learn past the first boss bc it's always a wipe. and dont get me started on dakuryon, that's even worse. and tbh lakan is pretty ez, at least in nm

and oh lord the thought of VSH almost makes me want to shed tears >.>

it seems that it's insanely difficult to get anyone (who knows what they're doing) to take you on learning runs. sure i can make a lfg titled "practice run" or something like that, and I do that, but then you're stuck with people who also have hardly any idea what they're doing, making the run even worse.
i know the mechs. i just can't always follow them. u feel? there's only so much a guide or video can teach you. the rest comes from experience.

soooo, how do I go about to improve? should I join a VS lfg and pretend I know what I'm doing and be a wonderful trap? c; xd my guild severely lacks tanks and heals, so we can't do guild learning runs daily :v i just don't know how to learn the dungeon when every run wipes at first boss over and over lul.

inb4 git gud

hehehe eksdee im trying
Mystic were dealing 3x damage against dungeon monsters in vm7 patch and now it is only 1.8x. But 3x is still active against IoD bams.
Priest's multiplier drop from 2.5x to 1.5x.
In addition to that. battle solution does not provide 1.42x crit damage for mystic and crit scrolls are forever gone.

Mystic DPS was too unbalanced the nerf was deserved.
article-2735759-18C6F22000000578-839_306x423.jpg uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh
Obs wrote: »
Exbrah wrote: »
Cringing at some of these responses. In my experience the damage is also based on endurance. I was on discord with my priest friend so we were debuffing properly. My mystic in +12 guile was getting 1 shot still through kaias. Nobody else. This happened twice. Switched out fleetfoot for another hardy and turned on bravery, then started taking the proper amount of damage, around 70k.

There should be no reason you should be using anything other than 4 Hardies, unless you are a Sorc who needs a Glisteningly to actually DPS.

Damage reduction is additive. Losing 8.1% damage reduction makes you take a lot more than 8.1% damage.

If you have proper rolls on your gear you should easily be able to survive with or without Kaias.

I've played since CB friend, and healed some of the top server runs in several patches. I've got all the proper rolls and prefer fleetfoot in fights that don't keep you in combat because not getting hit as mystic is extremely easy. They're the only class that can make use of it. The point is that rolls/endurance DO affect the debuff mechanic and the damage is not fixed.
While this forum post references old dungeon bosses, I take it that it applies to all dungeons in general after the big patch (with the exception of AB). Bosses in general have been buffed making some dungeon runs long but not necessarily more challenging.

Case in point: With VHNM being this week's dungeon highlight, most of us must be grinding the dungeon over and over for some special rewards or drops. Does it remind of the recent Kyra's event - most of us kept running SSNM repeatedly? Why not run LKNM more then? LFG at that time was flooded with SSNM runs and we saw only an occasional LKNM pop up, yes? There must be a reason for that. If there's a choice now for the same rewards and drops, I'd choose running, say 8 times of SSNM or LKNM over VHNM, agree?

These said, I'll still run VHNM for the stuff it's giving in this event and have been at it at least 6 times daily, not a complaint. It's just to say you do feel the pinch seeing how much more time you're spending cumulatively if you compare it with how you had similarly done during Kyra'e event.
Well i was hoping for the best for returning dungeons as i expected Damage and endurance and HP buffs but NOT THAT EXAGGERATED

The thing is...

Bosses have WAY too much hp, i remember Yana (and the other bosses) not having THAT much HP i think it has 1 billion HP!? the damage difference from old generation surely it changed but not by that much, it increased from lucid times to Deathwrack from around 25% maybe 40% tops but the HP buff is over a 100% (i think cant remember old yana) is ridiculous makes the old dungeons such as BRNM, TS, DFHM boring cause bosses have way too much HP, making dungeon way too long.

Any players feeling the same thing around the old dungeons?

totally agree, feels like in the last patch i spent a lot of time getting ambush +15 to arrive in this patch and feel im doing less dmg with schisma

because its true, on schisma brawler i ran timescape normal mode a lot faster than now, same kalivan dread naught and i remember soloing bathysmal rise normal mode...

bluehole failed in this " balance " they shouldnt do this.
Healing isn't hard at all in this game, if you know dungeon mechanics anyone can heal imo, but that doesn't make them a god healer. What makes a healer good and "praised" for their job is not when everyone is playing correctly and you don't have to break a sweat and barely heal, it's when you get a team with traps and carry them through a dungeon.
If you can keep people alive who face tank non-one-shot mechanics and be able to single handedly recover a whole team when you are the only one alive (due to one shots or whatever I may be) that's what I consider good in my book. Sure, if someone doesn't know mechanics, tries to dps through things they KNOW they will be one shot from (say, not even attempting to dodge the back tail attack last boss rmh just for those SIKK DEEPS which is completely stupid btw) that's the only kind of times I feel that I am not at fault.

As a healer, you can't be ignorant to your own mistakes. as a mystic for example, you should NEVER rely on ANYONE to pick up motes. Titanic favor is a very powerful heal with such a short cooldown I rarely ever need boomerang, so cooldowns should literally never limit you in terms of healing. Endgame is mainly a personal dps race, who can do the most damage. If a dps has to pick up a mote when they don't need to, you are ruining their rotation. If a tank has to pick up a mote like ever then you are doing something wrong, say the tank is low, they are going to hold block if it's that dire, waiting for a heal, if they pick up a mote, that second long animation lock where he isn't blocking can mean life or death, and then it's your fault that he died. (I'm talking about non cleansing mechanics btw, ofc pick up a mote during knock back stage of rmh)
Too busy to heal? Good healers know how to prioritize their heals, you should always worry about keeping the people alive, well, alive. The dead people who need ress come second. After all, if you and the tank are the only ones up, you have to make sure the tank will be healthy long enough for you to ress people or else, guess what, the boss is coming after you next. This doesn't fix every situation, but I think it fixes a good handful if you know prioritization.

Of course even good healers will have times where they have their hands full, and healers can't do everything, but they sure can do a lot more than what I see from the usual healers who whine about dps not picking up motes or taking too much damage in general.

And omg do I hate it when dps run right into my face when they need a heal, I don't know about other people but it messes up my lock on and it actually takes me longer to heal you that way, please dps if you need a heal, continue dpsing where you are unless you are sure you will die there before I can get to you, I focus on the people closer to the boss as those are the ones at more of a risk usually, not the guy who is right up in my face.
Are you looking for advice on how to play your class?
unknown.png
This man right here, Yamazuki Victor will be your savior and guide you on how to play your class during incredible lag and ping spikes.
He is never wrong, even when you think you're right, so just do what he says and you'll become a top DPS player in no time.
But don't use a DPS meter, those are banned, so you won't know if you're actually doing good enough damage to [filtered] off to but hey, you were taught by a legend.
If you doubt Yamazuki's teachings, just remember that he pays SpaceCat's rent, so he must know a thing or two about playing TERA.
You best believe that Yamazuki Victor is the best council member!
Prepare for a dark future.
Yamazuki wrote: »
Dhrizzit wrote: »
Kimimishan wrote: »

people say

but thats a lancer, not a brawler, they have more base endurance, and an extra buff for the enrage

dont you have a slaughter brawler video? they told in global about its impossible for a slaughter brawler

i will try to do it in slaughter later, but need more endurance, near of 90.000 at last i guess

You can even as Brawler, you just have to avoid face tanking and if you get debuff it's just going to suck, although that's where the group being competent comes in. More defense on tanks is just for less reliance on the group or to face tank everything, not really a necessity.

i'd like to see a source for this please
Dhrizzit wrote: »
Kimimishan wrote: »

people say

but thats a lancer, not a brawler, they have more base endurance, and an extra buff for the enrage

dont you have a slaughter brawler video? they told in global about its impossible for a slaughter brawler

i will try to do it in slaughter later, but need more endurance, near of 90.000 at last i guess

You can even as Brawler, you just have to avoid face tanking and if you get debuff it's just going to suck, although that's where the group being competent comes in. More defense on tanks is just for less reliance on the group or to face tank everything, not really a necessity.
Kimimishan wrote: »

people say

but thats a lancer, not a brawler, they have more base endurance, and an extra buff for the enrage

dont you have a slaughter brawler video? they told in global about its impossible for a slaughter brawler

i will try to do it in slaughter later, but need more endurance, near of 90.000 at last i guess

people say
I took a quick look at the video and I commend you for doing a moderate job at tanking while underpowered. However, doing so may have inadvertently made the run harder for everyone involved, since I noticed many aggro rips. Again, I commend you for what was ultimately a mission success, but possibly holding everyone back for the sake of making a point may not win you many friends (or maybe it will. i don't know).

Request: There are some things in the video that aren't very conducive to your argument (the LK runs). I recommend trimming those out if you can.
SageWindu wrote: »
Every dungeon can be cleared regardless of gear loadout; I'm sure most people know and understand this. But the major thing preventing one from doing so - from what I can tell at least - is item level restrictions preventing one from possibly entering the dungeon in the first place.

Also, just because one can clear a dungeon in "lesser" gear doesn't mean that it's a good idea to do so. Efficiency is key in this game (heck, just look at these very forums) and if your method is deemed inefficient, people are more than happy to (ahem) "correct" your misinformation.

well i had to made this video cuz the people started to say its impossible tank rmnm with slaughter, so they dont let me enter in parties, until i said i will do it, and i told him if i not clear it i give you 100k, and if you are right its impossible, you dont have to give me nothing, so him accepted

and i did the video lol
Every dungeon can be cleared regardless of gear loadout; I'm sure most people know and understand this. But the major thing preventing one from doing so - from what I can tell at least - is item level restrictions preventing one from possibly entering the dungeon in the first place.

Also, just because one can clear a dungeon in "lesser" gear doesn't mean that it's a good idea to do so. Efficiency is key in this game (heck, just look at these very forums) and if your method is deemed inefficient, people are more than happy to (ahem) "correct" your misinformation.
im not top in slaughter, just basic things and decrease dmg in armor, and you can hold very well tanking rmnm with slaughter


heres the guide, i show in the beggining of the video my gear stats

DPS and tank get called out too when they suck. Why do healers cry about it so much?
I understand that many dungeons are very healer-dependent, and you guys carry players. But you chose that job.

When a DPS dies too often because he doesn't know how to dodge, people know that it's not the healer's fault and call out the DPS that doesn't know how to dodge. It's not rocket science. You can easily tell when the DPS sucks or when the healer sucks. I've been with a healer that takes ages to heal someone, do not charge MP or drop mp motes for lancer/sorcs (As a lancer, I can use up MP from 100% to 0% in seconds when I'm on Adrenaline Rush), do not use any buffs that can help DPS deal more dmg on the boss. All they do is literally watch other player's HP (Which by the way doesn't really drop if the DPS and tank are good), and say that they are bored??

I've haven't really seen anyone complimenting a DPS when they do a good job except someone pointing out high DPS if they use DPS meter. I've seen healers getting complimented at the end of a run plenty of times because they were good and they healed and resurrected party members. I praise healers when they do well. I treat them with respect until they prove that they aren't worthy.

You get the praise when you do well. Why is it so shocking that you get blamed when you don't do so well.
Use an injector Cx
harder low level dungeons is good. it prepares you to actually play level 65 content. I wouldn't enjoy the game very much if i played from 1 to 65 and all of a sudden OH [filtered] YOU JUST HIT A WALL!!! YOU NEED PLUS 15 GEAR AND NEED TO GRIND FOR THREE WEEKS TO GET TO THE NEXT DUNGEON CHUMP! GET THE [filtered] OUT OF THIS RMHM PARTY YOU [filtered] PLEB!!! and then all of a sudden x4 pounding doesnt work anymore and you need to learn about crits and proper crystals, etchings , proper class rotations, boss mechanics healing, proper iframing to avoid death, carrying specific consumable items that must be reused on a regular basis and the fact that your stuns and mass majority of your skills you used to stun and CC bosses don't work anymore. Thats a pretty huge jump between level 64 and 65. And everything I just listed after you hit a wall you legit DON'T experience at all before level 65. once you hit that 65 though bricks will be all up in your face like the big bad wolf trying to blow down a pig house. Of course you could say that other people will teach you or that you could just look up how to play the game properly on the internet.

BUT in my opinion I think that if your game relies on outside sources to inform the player or have the player acquire the basic and advanced information is a sign of bad game design. Reliance on the community to teach one-another is a method but its also a failure of game design too if that is your primary way of showing players how to play your game, since you did not bother to prepare them beforehand.

Players will take the options they're given. And if that option happens to be a very easy way to finish the dungeon without learning how to do it then thats how it'll be. I still don't even know how to properly play the low level dungeons. I just spammed stuns on the bosses with everyone else and was still using x4 pounding when I reached 65 for the first time playing channelworks. I didn't even know that savage crystals were actually important at that time. Had the game constricted those easy options I probably would have been able to understand my character better and a lot sooner. As well as how to work with a team and attack from behind. I had simply attacked from wherever side I felt like attacking up until 65 and being taught about savage bitter focused and pounding crystals from another player. And I didn't even know what "enragement" was supposed to be for a boss either. And I didn't use the focused crystal for a while because of that. Yeah I was a hardcore noob but at no point in time does the game TEACH us those things. So if you train people to iframe early and defend themselves because of not being able to take more than a couple hits, then yeah you'll get better. We don't need it to be like Dark Souls level of punishment but make it enough to where you can't just stun and run the way through. It actually hurt my ability to perform decently at level 65.

Solo players will learn to be prepared and buy their consumables or die until they do.
Teams will learn to work together or wipe together.
Tanks get to learn to hold aggro slowly instead of learning to spam stuns.
DPS players will learn to stand behind the boss and DODGE ATTACKS.
Healers will get their chance to learn to cleanse things and debuff the boss.

Include these mechanics in the dungeons and TELL THE PLAYERS what they're supposed to do in-game
Went into a demokron factory run one time. Some archer drew aggro before the brawler was even ready. Lancer boss runs after this archer, who proceeds to run around the room like a crazy person. Our tank got aggro back (the red circle was under him) but the lancer boss continued to chase the archer, who was now running in circles like something out of a benny hill music video.

Another time in IMS, we had a brawler at Vault of Kaprima. Entered the room with the lancer boss and this brawler grabbed aggro, noticed the boss coming for her, and straight up left the room. I laughed the hardest I'd laughed all week.
FaytEsteem wrote: »
Just taking a wild guess here...but have you had like...idk more than 4 healers in TERA who were like that to ya? Of course were nothing without a team, and the Dps aren't anything without us healing them every second, and neither are the tanks. Also so what if the dps and tanks don't take responsibility for their failure and act all high and mighty? would you be saying the same thing to them as well?

Now you are just repeating what I said and asking the same (sometimes irrelevant) question over and over. This is a very basic concept to understand (and I think you clearly get it, but just want to argue on). I will not explain this again to prevent further derailing into less related topics.

Also stop bringing up how other people were mean to you or what if a tank /DPS are the meanies that blame everyone but themselves. So what? Why do you let every little negative thing someone else does influence what you do and how you play? Do you think you have to be an ignoramus too, just because you encountered some naive [filtered] in your party? Grow thicker skin, Grow up and be more mature than that. All I am doing is sharing some wisdom that could be helpful to anyone who wants to further develop their game sense and improve their teamplay (in this case, getting healers to fully understand the objective nature of their role and how they should mentally approach the class). "What if other people do this..." has no correlation to what I am saying, nor do I care. Improve yourself, be the healer people want to hang around, and stop letting ignorance influence your actions and mindset.
Meliriel wrote: »
Clearing the <60 dungeons is definitely doable without a healer but have you been in the IM since the valkyrie patch? I leveled up another priest and the amount of facetanking was even worse than what I remember before. Maybe it was encouraged by the presence of a healer but I seriously doubt it would have ended with less than 5 deaths across the party.

I experienced this as well. Leveled a mystic during the valk craze and HATED it. There were never any tanks in the leveling queues (incidentally I'd made one, but was stuck waiting so long for a healer that I went and made the mystic instead; then the ims system queued without a tank) so I'd end up in groups with four valks, all facetanking so much that I'd heal them hard enough to rip aggro from the boss. Then I'm stuck running in circles while these FOUR VALKS struggle to peel it off me. Once they do, it's business as usual with them taking every hit right to the face and losing a massive chunk of their HP.

Wouldn't even be so bad, except now these dungeons take like 45 minutes for a group of newbie IMS players. I stopped after a couple of hours, just didn't have the patience for it. I wouldn't be surprised if we see way less healers in the future because of this sort of thing.
Thing is, everytime a new class is out, then prepare to see a wave of new players facetanking every hit no matter how skilled you are as a Healer. If they blame you for it, then just ignore them. They will never think it's their fault and blaming the healer. It's such a meme these things. BLAME THE HEALER!

BUT!

However there are newbie level 65 Mystics out there that thinks red motes are Mystic's primary heals. Which is not. It's an emergency heal/cleanse and motes "can" be positioned in a spot where they have to stop DPS completely, move far from the boss just to pick up a mote where they could just use a healing potion to get the job done faster anyways. General pro players receives heals by lock-on and boomerang pulse from Mystic, there's nothing wrong with that. If the tank/dps gets hit, they are skillful enough to not get hit again until the healer heals them a few seconds later.

So overall Mystic's motes should be treated as a secondary healing option. If a skilled player gets hit, they will wait for heals while continuing to attacking the boss because they don't get hit as often. If a newb player is dying and needs constant heals then yes they should back off to safety, grab a nearby mote if possible, and wait for Mystic to heal them.
Dvsv wrote: »
feazeshero wrote: »

It was an odd situation; we wiped like 3 times before clearing it. Most issue was at the 30 percent and under knock back phase priest kept dying. I got jailed like 2 or 3 times times and survived but the priest died once when we were targetted. I don't get it how a priest can die so fast, especially I was the one that was jailed and when they can cleanse themselves.
.

Idk about this priest, but if you're rly good at this game, you should try something:

*Use a VPN program, select an asian server or somewhere till you got 200 ms+ constant ping;
*Play a priest, remember: There's no teleport jaunt to skip the mech and save your [filtered] on the laser+cage+stagger+bleeding;
*Just cleanse and walk/dodge/do the same thing as you usually do on your 30 ms lancer;
*Count your deahts;
*Come back here and post your usual "get gud" or...inform yourself and read this thread: https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/9359/rmhm-laser-rubberbanding#latest

Congratulations, now you know how like almost half of NA population play this game!

P.S: Ik it's possible with some tricks, but i rly think ppl from NA sometimes should experience high ping rmhm.



Hahahaha totally agree.
7 of 10 players in NA are south americans. If you go to Highwatch, will see spanish and portuguesse are the most used languajes in chats.
I can figure yet why Enmasse not put a server at least on Central Brasil, or central part of Argentina. And make it easy too receive their money too. They are the most active peopple in the game right now.

Play with 200+ ping means your iframes wont iframe :p (Specially sorc backstep or Tj). Most of the times, you can see a red circle of danger, walk OUTSIDE it and yet it hit you, because you know... U re not outside it, ahaha, that is what u see on the client side but is not what happens on the server side.

We manage somehow to play a HARD hardmode of things. The truly HARD :P
I think this should go into game suggestions, but yeah I would love to have more fun toys on my priest. I'll add some to your list:

Regeneration circle: is currently that one skill you do when you are bored out of your mind. Make it last more and make it stack up. Introduce a new fun mechanic where you try to keep regeneration circle stacks up on as many people as u can.

Total Recall: Divine intervention on steroids, grab everyone in your party within 30something meters to your location. For when you are helping a bunch of newbies trough a dungeon's mechanic or you positively have to make the party wipe in that oneshot XD. Bonus points if it can be UNglyphed to stun everyone else but you for a second XD.

Deliverance: Big DPS skill, very flashy, with very long cooldown. Something like Balder's vengeance. Something that scales damage with gear stats preferably. This could give an actual incentive to get +15 gear other than healing a pitiful amount more or saving money on etchings by using gear for 2-3 patches (seriously I'm still in starfall, if it wasn't for ilevel I would be in tensus). Something akin to mystics thrall of wrath, only difference is that is relevant instead of doing a pitiful amount of damage XD. No seriously, BHS pls make ToW relevant in PvE again.


kknaex wrote: »
LesbianVi wrote: »
as said I go with Archer, easiest class to master. actually, Gunner, reaper, brawler and ninja need hella rotation of skills to be mastered. They easy to play but hard to master, specially Reaper.

Yeah, for reapers. Every newbie reaper can find themselves pulling out constant fancy combo and thinks he is good at it until one day he opens the dps meter and learns the sad truth. It is a class that makes new player satisfied by its exterior looking and flashy combo but in order to master it, they need to at least not missing their whipsaw.
Back to my newbie time I even use death spiral twice in a row for a long time until someone told me not to XD

That can be said for any class though. I normally run with undergeared clanmates to help them out and the amount of times I see ninjas using 1k cuts or death blossom as part of their rotation is unnerving. Some classes have easier rotations and some can be simpler to play than others but it still takes understanding and willingness to get better and constantly improve. People talk about warriors being the most difficult but as a programmer playing a warrior is just a huge if then statement and not really complicated to get down once you commit it to muscle memory.
nice there, was full buff?
Inc a healer joining just to troll you. :pleased:
hurricane no longer stack with lacer/berseker/warrior/brawler and triple nemessis , all this endurance debuff overwrittes hurricane efect.

Wut.

(and dang you got caged for dissing the OP Brawler, lol)

AbstractCH wrote: »
Mystic is preferred for speed runs because of crit + power + aspd
No, Mystic are preferred for Crit and burn phases such as Volley of Curses + Contagion + Hurricane.

Priest gives more power and attack speed thanks to Energy Stars.

Yep. It's trust issues in this game in hard modes.

In LKHM if your single healer fails to sleep the last boss, it's almost wipe.

In RMHM if your single healer fails to cleanse on last boss, it's almost wipe.

At least with two healers, you have a chance for less errors and resurrection carries if it's a wipe. Healers will res after the wipe to avoid reset and res everyone back to continue the fight without having to start all over.

Overall between the two healers, I'd say Mystic fairly wins due to their crit aura. Crit is most important in this game. But if you have classes that has 100% crit chance, then maybe they prefer Priest for more power and attack speed. So there's a good balance between the two that does what they are needed to do.

But if you are doing easy dungeons, then either healers are fine for having just one. But these days, it's all about Hard Modes and 30-man raid. There's no gain from doing anything else unless you are extremely bored.

At least healers have it easy cause most people for tanks prefer Lancer over Brawler.
Mystic and Priest are equally fine.

Having both Priest and Mystic in the party are the meta anyways due to people wanting to get their high personal DPS score for personal reasons. Also there are trust issues with just one healer doing LKHM/RMHM dungeons soooo yeah.

Lessiem wrote: »
Seriously, you need to stop. Here and in FF you are all day digging your own grave, its sad to see.
You are an average player, not bad but not unique; there are plenty of brawlers that do the same (and better) and they dont brag about it every single day. You need to be more humble man.
From gamer to gamer, please stop killing yourself......

show, the, video, you, are, just, showing comments, if you want contribute in something, show us the video, we are waiting.
I'd like to see all of you clear the first boss of RMHM ( hardest dungeon currently avaliable) AND CLEAR. In reality, most of you probably suck and just [filtered] on koni coz he doesn't care about having top dps as much as being a good tank. (Imo if you can hold aggro 100% of the time and have 100% debuff up time, your a good tank in my book)

Idk why some ppl think this guy is bad and all he does is try to help the community by doing guides and [filtered]. If you think he's bad then record yourself soloing rmhm. [filtered], go solo the last boss since your so "good". Pissed me the [filtered] off

you want i solo rmhm first boss? or you want i do first boss rmhm without die? already did first boss rmhm with 0 deads also dont you know i do rmhm epic easy?

i dont have troubles with the mechs

my only problem in the past was my GPU card, when i upgraded to 1080 gtx i ended with the problems

and if you want i solo rmhm first boss, it can be done only with potions and really, really hard for maybe all the people slaying it as brawler and solo

because shouts avoid defense, and its like 65k dmg

watch my hp im under 70k all the match

the only way of solo rmhm its if i autoheal by rampage and calculate many things

anyway

im teaching in this video, not waiting comments with envy or more things as that, this, is for help the others

i dont care what you want and i dont want do a video for you, maybe for others, but this is not the momment for that

if someone of here, want comment something, add your video like a Man, and dont just post comment bullying as babys

good luck.
Kossploss wrote: »
you suck very much

show us your video slaying all the dungeon without die as i do and maybe your words deserve a true +1 not a programmed with or multi accounts or another bullying guys ;)
I'd like to see all of you clear the first boss of RMHM ( hardest dungeon currently avaliable) AND CLEAR. In reality, most of you probably suck and just [filtered] on koni coz he doesn't care about having top dps as much as being a good tank. (Imo if you can hold aggro 100% of the time and have 100% debuff up time, your a good tank in my book)

Idk why some ppl think this guy is bad and all he does is try to help the community by doing guides and [filtered]. If you think he's bad then record yourself soloing rmhm. [filtered], go solo the last boss since your so "good". Pissed me the [filtered] off

i hope this is extreme satire, like, for your sake and mine.
34HK6EK43Y wrote: »
report this noob


You just got baited and trolled nerd.

That's testing server from Wonderholme where everything is not legit.

But yeah, goes to show how many ppl wants to slam this person hard.
report this noob

post this too . koni

imgur.com/a/7ttss
You know, I think the OP really enjoys all the negative feedback and attention he gets everyday on this forum. He's like Cartman from South Park of being humiliated adds fuel to the fire. The OP did get banned before for overreacting and had to be suspended to calm down so let's just wait for this opportunity again and just report like we did before. : /
Idk but your attitude is not going to get you friends.
I agree with Lessiem when he says you shall be more humble, it's a game anyway and even if you are 1st in anything game-related it's not like if that's going to add much to your life no? And even game-wise, it's still Tera - not 1 of the most known/hard games, to begin with.
Just play to have fun, lower your expectations bc it's still a game, and not even the hardest, ofc be proud of what you can achieve but not... too much. But I can't agree with Axel either, taking scores and denigrating both a player and a class just to prove his point.
Well he probably isn't the best brawler, but his score isn't bad either - I've seen way worse tanks/healers/dpsess being way more toxic and harsh than this poor popori-avatar'd dude, he may be a little off-the-edge and weird, but it's cool - what's the problem of him streaming his performances?

So let's just try to make peace and work together for a better QoL in-game.
Seriously, you need to stop. Here and in FF you are all day digging your own grave, its sad to see.
You are an average player, not bad but not unique; there are plenty of brawlers that do the same (and better) and they dont brag about it every single day. You need to be more humble man.
From gamer to gamer, please stop killing yourself......
AxeI wrote: »
I'd like to see all of you clear the first boss of RMHM ( hardest dungeon currently avaliable) AND CLEAR.

Its Harrowhold, ya dumbus.

5155fb833143aa53f6d79a39065cca22.png

I thought reddit was bad but when I started hanging out in forums I found out its a depressing cesspool of braindead.

So that let you be toxic af towards others?
I'd like to see all of you clear the first boss of RMHM ( hardest dungeon currently avaliable) AND CLEAR.

Its Harrowhold, ya dumbus.

5155fb833143aa53f6d79a39065cca22.png

I thought reddit was bad but when I started hanging out in forums I found out its a depressing cesspool of braindead.

I'd like to see all of you clear the first boss of RMHM ( hardest dungeon currently avaliable) AND CLEAR. In reality, most of you probably suck and just [filtered] on koni coz he doesn't care about having top dps as much as being a good tank. (Imo if you can hold aggro 100% of the time and have 100% debuff up time, your a good tank in my book)

Idk why some ppl think this guy is bad and all he does is try to help the community by doing guides and [filtered]. If you think he's bad then record yourself soloing rmhm. [filtered], go solo the last boss since your so "good". Pissed me the [filtered] off
you suck very much
If you guys are better, why don't you stream vids? He actually got the [filtered] to stream his runs. Some ppl are way too ill-minded and jelly.
AxeI wrote: »
May the gods be with him, he has completely lost it.

YOU HAVE BEEN PWNED

hahaha, thats all your argument? you cant proof nothing, just say " oh no koniginni you are not the best hahahahahhah you suc koniginni haha "

come on, show us a proof you can do it

because at know, people only are watching you are a man full of envy, posting full of envy that kind of comment

come on and show us you can do what koniginni did in that video, maybe that, give you the right of post that kind of things

but if you cant do something like that, just, shut up, and respect the others

Troll.
May the gods be with him, completely lost it.
AxeI wrote: »
I'm still shocked of how bad you are. You're not even close to good and you're spouting garbage like you actually know anything.

c3aa14c76140448632c223bad0592d1d.png

This is your TOP parse on BRAWLER, which is probably the easiest if not one of the easiest classes to play. Can you really stop making yourself look like more of an embarrassment?

but i play brawler 1000 times better than you, thats enough for me, baby kid :p B)
delusions of grandeur is a wonderful feeling
I'm still shocked of how bad you are. You're not even close to good and you're spouting garbage like you actually know anything.

c3aa14c76140448632c223bad0592d1d.png

This is your TOP parse on BRAWLER, which is probably the easiest if not one of the easiest classes to play. Can you really stop making yourself look like more of an embarrassment?
Tyrant666 wrote: »
I stream but only a select few know about it. Most aren't worthy in this community.

sure, i stream too with my alt bephemoth +15 brawler, but no one of this community know it, only a few aliens from the space can watch it

B)
I stream but only a select few know about it. Most aren't worthy in this community.
Do it on something that can't block please this is 100% no skill required lmao.
memster wrote: »
can u stop

no, im like muhammed ali, i dont stop even with the envy of the others ;)
can u stop
I like how this person from 3 years ago assumes that a bunch of useless pinata loot dropping equals to being good.

The reward for killing 10 of the same BAMs is a lot better than a bunch of garbage lying on the ground where you have to spam the "F" key to pick them all up. But to get the vanguard reward, you need to gear up your item level. Even dungeons have item level restriction needed to get vanguard reward. Just hit that "H" key and see what you can do. Make sure your gear is decent though or else you gonna get kicked.

The IoD bams can have a chance to drop Complete Crystalbind, Semi-Engimatic Scrolls, and motes to power you up. It does drop something nice. x_x
I changed the title of the thread in order to broaden its use for others if need be.

At this time I want to thank everyone for giving their opinions in assisting me with my curiosities in regards to the State of the Reaper. You guys can either keep this thread open for later use or close it, or lead it simply fade away into history.
NPCPak wrote: »
I won't fight this multiple account player, either. TERA isn't worth it. So I'm moving on.

We were certainly multiple people who simply called out when you were wrong, but honestly it's no big deal. And as a veteran player, I can tell you that this is the way all MMOs work. The game opens, everything is magical, the publishers are super helpful, the community thrives, the classes are balanced decently, new content is added, and memories are made.

As the years go on, money stops pouring into the now old MMO. It gets hard on the publisher and developer. They try some pay to win stuff. They strip old content and try to pander to causals, then all of the old community leaves after their voices are no longer heard. The game starts to feel empty. The people aren't the same, and the game seems like a shell of its former self, existing only for profits and cheap thrills. Some new stuff is added, you come back for a while to try it out then realize endgame is completely dead. They try to suck you back in every 4 months or so with a fancy new class or a revamp of your old favorite.

In the end, those memories will never come back. If you're dead to Tera that means you need a new game. Find one, or wait for a better one to start this process all over. And in a couple years when that new game sucks you dry of your money, nostalgia, and time, go onto the forums and tell them you're done with it.

Then come find me, and I'll tell you all this again.
It isn't this discussion in general. I've been bombarded by a certain player who keeps messaging me with multiple accounts. When a player is that dedicated in making you feel bad for mistakes you made, they're a troll.

Of all the years I've been playing this MMO, I had to watch this community fall apart. Sure, there are veterans and new comers who are wonderful people, but my connections with TERA are dead. Everyone is gone anyway, and I wanted to stay here longer, trying to enjoy these moments.

It's tiring, but I can't argue against anyone, as I had no proof. It was how I felt the dps was like to me, so I said how I felt. Anyways, I know opinions don't matter, facts do.

I won't fight this multiple account player, either. TERA isn't worth it. So I'm moving on.
NPCPak wrote: »
I'm tired of this. I'm out. A community that cannot be helped. I quit.

Goodbye, TERA.

If you say so. If you quit over a discussion on the forums, that's your business. If a tiny disagreement hurts your feelings this badly, I suggest you stay off the internet in general though. There are people here who may disagree with you sometimes.
I'm tired of this. I'm out. A community that cannot be helped. I quit.

Goodbye, TERA.
sanj66 wrote: »
sanj66 wrote: »
MW7HF6JRW3 wrote: »
NPCPak wrote: »
In my current opinion, I believe that the order of classes works along side this.

Healer: Priest, Mystic
Close-Range DPS: Slayer, Warrior, Ninja, Beserker
Mid-Range DPS: Reaper
Far-Range DPS: Sorcerer, Archer, Gunner
Tank: Lancer, Brawler

(Low to High: DPS)
Priest, Mystic, Lancer, Slayer, Reaper, Sorcerer, Archer, Warrior, Berserker, Ninja, Gunner, Brawler

You cannot state a tier of DPS "in your opinion". You may say, "By my observations", but it is evident that if you believe Gunner to be higher than Warrior, Ninja, Archer, and Sorcerer, your observations are wrong. Anyone who has an idea of DPS by million per second knows this.

Also, Sorcerer is not a long range class, as its core skills are mid-ranged (see: Fireblast, Nova).

You cannot add "in my opinion" to your statements to bar them from any possibility of argument. I cannot factually state "the world is flat, in my opinion" any more than you can provide a mathematical tier list "in your opinion".

NPCPak can state an opinion how she feels she can state it in the best way she knows how to do so.

What is an Opinion anyway:
a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
an estimation of the quality or worth of someone or something.
what someone thinks about a particular thing.


NPCPak may say it how it is wished to be said from her own thoughts, it as long as she is not breaking Forum rules. YOU on the other hand do not have the RIGHT or priviledge to tell NPCPak, nor instruct or dictate to anyone on the forum for that matter, on "how to say anything when it comes to sharing their opinions".

That is fact not opinion.

What you may do is share your opinion against hers as to what dps, low to high should be and share your reason behind it. You may share satistics to back up your own opinion.



as said multiple times before there are actual ways to measure dps, you cant state a tier listing with no testing done and then say imo, thats spreading false information, it also shows that this person has little to no knowledge of what they are talking about and yet you seek to defend them. as i said before it begs to wonder on your op, questioning what a reaper is.

And how would you measure dps Sanj66? With a dpsmeter which is forbidden and against the rules of Tera?

I will reinterate what I said previously on another post before you posted. Opinions are meant to be proven true or false. We do this by statistics. To add to this, it does not give us or anyone the right to call someones stupid or ignorant in underlying words. Which is what people have been doing in this forum and unacceptable. There is away to rebuttal someones opinion without being rude.


I brought it up for a few reason.

1. I do see a few reapers that go in head strong to face tank everything and mainly for the reason that "Everyones is too slow. I don't want to do this all day." Comments like that.

2. The number of the class has faded. For what reason has it faded away?

3. The need to understand what the reaper can actually do in benefitting the party.

Understanding some updated information of the class with the present revamps of other classes and introductions of others leads for a need of knowing if this class may be considered useless or if it needs to be revamped as well?

The guides to assist players on building their classes are slowly being upgraded however, Reaper is yet to be done. The last update on reaper was before the brawler patch.

So it stands to reason to ask certain questions, in purpose to ponder the classes usefulness at present.

yes but asking if a reaper is a tank is utterly preposterous,

If you read the rest of my comments you will see I did not ask if a reaper was a tank out of ignorance. I know they are not. I also shared my reason as to why I asked the question. I do not do so out of ignorance other than to point out the obvious that they aren't.

it does say 3rd party software is against the tos, but you know what else? it also states en masse reserves the right on interpretation of these rules, there has been long talk of an actual in game dps meter for this reason, not only here in the other tera regions.

Well if that happens that would be fine. All I know is that it was stated on twitch that it is not allowed. it was also said if you do just don't share your information in chat, you could get reported etc.. That's what I remember atleast and that was during the beginning of the ninja patch I believe. I could be mistake but it was Spacecats that actually said that. So I am going off what he said since he is working for EnMasse which sets those rules and parameters. I hope you are right it will be much helpful to players in building their characters to their own liking.
so then by your definition in your ninja video that means ninjas are also tanks? as you said they rush into the boss,

As far as my video is concerned. I speak on a lot of things based on observations of what people do. Playing the Ninja class helps me understand it's capabilities a bit more. Also helps me understand why people do what they do on the ninja class in particular in dungeons. Which I will soon go into on corralling part 2. The Video specifically besides all the blabbering I did is about the corralling concept which I shown on the video. Not about tanking. Not sure if you understood the video or not but there you have the reason for it.
reading a class's skill description if you bothered to tells you what a class brings to a party, which if you did for a reaper you would see dps and dps only, much like a sorc, archer or gunner.
If you actually read the rest of my comments that are not to you directly you will learn the actual purpose of this thread. I feel you are misunderstanding a few things I am saying. I am not ignorant. I know your are not calling me that at this point. Just know that I am not and I do read on the classes and what they can do but description and guides etc. I am fairly knowledgeable about classes.

At the same time, it has been said not just by me, however, others as well. You can't just go by what you read in the class descriptions as they are translations. Translations can be misinterpreted. They are about as close as possible. All through out the forums, you will read people will argue about what a classes true potential actually is, regardless of what the descriptions read.

I myself have been checked on that very thing focusing only one class description and have been proven to be wrong for focusing only one what I have read in the decription.

In the future when I make my comments I do so not in ignorance, but to be more well informed and discuss the many things of what is said in any format given. I would say more as I see more comments being added as I have been typing this. However, I have an appointment to keep so I will check back later.
have you ever done pvp in tera? i can tell you reapers havent declined there, they are still one of the best pvp classes around. also oyu dont need an updated guide, use the old one and then modify according to the patch note changes on how you think it could work, record and try other stuff. and on that note if a reaper was a dps before brawler patch, and you read the patch notes after that it is quite obvious a reaper is still a dps not a tank.


Sorry I don't do pvp. Only pve. I am not the person to talk to about pvp content. I'm just not.
sanj66 wrote: »
ninja uses cloth not leather, reaper has its uses in pvp as stated also yes they are low dps compared to revamps but they still do relevant dps its not like they do 100k/s as i have seen people on revamped classes do 90k/s etc.

Sorry--same toughness, not armor type. Reapers and Ninjas can take about the same amount of hits from a hardmode boss. Also, Ninja does about 50% more damage than Reaper when both are skilled.
MW7HF6JRW3 wrote: »
I'm sorry but with me you simply have to go into more detail like you have the past couple of post. I'm a detail person. Keeping this just simple does not always help Me out in particular. Basically the more detail I get the more I understand. So thanks for your input on this it helps a lot to understand the state of the reaper.

I'm here to help. Ask me anything, I've got too many hours in this game not to help someone curious. And yes the state of Reaper is sad. They currently have no point in existing, as Ninja has the same armor and fulfills a very similar role with more dps. Unless you really, really like Reaper, there's no point in playing one.

ninja uses cloth not leather, reaper has its uses in pvp as stated also yes they are low dps compared to revamps but they still do relevant dps its not like they do 100k/s as i have seen people on revamped classes do 90k/s etc.
I'm sorry but with me you simply have to go into more detail like you have the past couple of post. I'm a detail person. Keeping this just simple does not always help Me out in particular. Basically the more detail I get the more I understand. So thanks for your input on this it helps a lot to understand the state of the reaper.

I'm here to help. Ask me anything, I've got too many hours in this game not to help someone curious. And yes the state of Reaper is sad. They currently have no point in existing, as Ninja has the same armor and fulfills a very similar role with more dps. Unless you really, really like Reaper, there's no point in playing one.

sanj66 wrote: »
yes but asking if a reaper is a tank is utterly preposterous, it does say 3rd party software is against the tos, but you know what else? it also states en masse reserves the right on interpretation of these rules, there has been long talk of an actual in game dps meter for this reason, not only here in the other tera regions. so then by your definition in your ninja video that means ninjas are also tanks? as you said they rush into the boss, reading a class's skill description if you bothered to tells you what a class brings to a party, which if you did for a reaper you would see dps and dps only, much like a sorc, archer or gunner. have you ever done pvp in tera? i can tell you reapers havent declined there, they are still one of the best pvp classes around. also oyu dont need an updated guide, use the old one and then modify according to the patch note changes on how you think it could work, record and try other stuff. and on that note if a reaper was a dps before brawler patch, and you read the patch notes after that it is quite obvious a reaper is still a dps not a tank.

He probably saw a Reaper with high gear face-tank a mid or low tier dungeon. It happens, the gear difference between Slaughter/Guile and Ambush/Behemoth is huge. I can tank in A-stance warrior on mid-tier dungeons in Ambush.

And we know that DPS meter isn't something the GM's really care to ban people over--only the harrassment or exclusion of others solely over DPS.

de7af6982a.jpg

sanj66 wrote: »
MW7HF6JRW3 wrote: »

NPCPak may say it how it is wished to be said from her own thoughts, it as long as she is not breaking Forum rules. YOU on the other hand do not have the RIGHT or priviledge to tell NPCPak, nor instruct or dictate to anyone on the forum for that matter, on "how to say anything when it comes to sharing their opinions".

That's just your opinion
Lemme pull an NPCPak on you.




oh and those statistics you wanted : https://moongourd.com/

Providing that last part on the link.. I'm not sure how that was build. if it was built using a dps meter than, it's not really realiable.

You have to take into considerations of etchings, types of crystals and what has been glyphed as well. That particular chart does not exactly go into those details.. While it maybe helpful to some, due to the fact it is missing much information to PROVE your own opinion or others that are in like mind.

ON THE OTHER HAND if we WERE to use Current guide setups for character build. WE MIGHT actually have something here. So I won't dismiss it. It will take some looking into.

I have concerns to consider. Considering that these are dungeon stats. and every player as a style of play that differs from another so dps will vary.

To prove this you have gunner and warrior on different charts and they are switched.
It really depends on player style and what they are using. Those things need to be taken into account.

It's quite possible to be a good lead on defining a dps low to high list. We also have to consider the buffs and revamps.

Let's put this one on the shelf for later study. I say this because. in that chart reaper is in the third or second category. It will take some study for that.

you do know you have to upload your glyph page and it does show consumables/buff break downs, up times and skill break downs? its still more reliable than a person watching a boss's hp at non end game runs and building a tier lol. yes dps will vary but the point being made is the MAX DPS a warrior can attain is way greater than the MAX DPS a gunner can attain no matter the glyph set up, consumables, debuffs, up time or tank type/healer type, its that simple, if you fail to grasp that concept then idk what to say, some people may truly be lost.


Now you lost me.

Upload my glyph page?

What do you mean by that? How do I upload a glyph page. I've never heard anyone say that in the forums I've read. I've not even read how to do that in any of EnMasse's post on the website.

If you are talking about Essential Mana I know about that. If you are talking about press k to see my skills descriptions and glyphs I know about that.

Other than that you got me at some unknown information I'm now curious about.

moongourd.....it has a glyph page for your character, it also shows all your buffs/debuffs, up times, party composition and skill breakdowns....
MW7HF6JRW3 wrote: »
Ok so my statement on that chart being unreliable is proven false. I can accept that.
Would you mind assisting with a low to high range list yourself. No offense but that just seems like a lot to do at my perspective. I'm wondering if you already have it down by chance?

Thank you for being agreeable. I have been playing Tera since launch and do enjoy helping others get the hang of things. What you have to understand is that TERA has no strict dps tier. There are superior classes for sure, but the damage your able to do depends on the dungeon, because mechanics favor some classes over others. For instance, in Wonderholme Slayers were in high demand because Overpower did not get consumed during the Bandersnatch's shield phase, and they were essentially doing 40% more damage than everyone else.

Blue Hole Studio has officially stated that they intend to revamp legacy classes to become on par with the Ninja. This means that revamped classes will absolutely do more damage than non-revamped ones, since they are being matched with Ninja--who does more than non-revamped classes.

Archer is the highest DPS in game. I say this even though Warrior does more dps. The reason Archer is the "highest" dps is because it's the only class with the ability to consistently swap its brooch mid fight, essentially giving archer an extra piece of gear over everyone else. Otherwise, warrior does more damage.

Secondly, or in many other cases Firstly: Warrior. They do the highest damage right now as they are the most recently revamped. I can consistently do 3,000,000 per second or more in Ambush.

Sorcerer is next on this list--revamped not too long ago. Sorcerer is sensitive to boss positioning and mechanics though, but it is still evident that they do far more damage than any class that shows up below it on a tier. A high tier Sorcerer does literally two times the damage of a high tier Slayer.


The rest of the classes under these are the non-revamped. They fluctuate from buffs, bosses, gear, skill, etc. but no matter what they do, they cannot match a high tier revamped class. It's irrelevant to argue who is in a tier over who after Sorc.

Sometime not so soon Slayer will get its revamp and it will be on par with the others.

I hope that now you see the tier list isn't a strict variable. Most people judge it based on RMHM score runs, in which Warriors and Archers are at each other's necks.

Yes that makes sense now. Thank you.

I'm sorry but with me you simply have to go into more detail like you have the past couple of post. I'm a detail person. Keeping this just simple does not always help Me out in particular. Basically the more detail I get the more I understand. So thanks for your input on this it helps a lot to understand the state of the reaper.
sanj66 wrote: »
MW7HF6JRW3 wrote: »
NPCPak wrote: »
In my current opinion, I believe that the order of classes works along side this.

Healer: Priest, Mystic
Close-Range DPS: Slayer, Warrior, Ninja, Beserker
Mid-Range DPS: Reaper
Far-Range DPS: Sorcerer, Archer, Gunner
Tank: Lancer, Brawler

(Low to High: DPS)
Priest, Mystic, Lancer, Slayer, Reaper, Sorcerer, Archer, Warrior, Berserker, Ninja, Gunner, Brawler

You cannot state a tier of DPS "in your opinion". You may say, "By my observations", but it is evident that if you believe Gunner to be higher than Warrior, Ninja, Archer, and Sorcerer, your observations are wrong. Anyone who has an idea of DPS by million per second knows this.

Also, Sorcerer is not a long range class, as its core skills are mid-ranged (see: Fireblast, Nova).

You cannot add "in my opinion" to your statements to bar them from any possibility of argument. I cannot factually state "the world is flat, in my opinion" any more than you can provide a mathematical tier list "in your opinion".

NPCPak can state an opinion how she feels she can state it in the best way she knows how to do so.

What is an Opinion anyway:
a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
an estimation of the quality or worth of someone or something.
what someone thinks about a particular thing.


NPCPak may say it how it is wished to be said from her own thoughts, it as long as she is not breaking Forum rules. YOU on the other hand do not have the RIGHT or priviledge to tell NPCPak, nor instruct or dictate to anyone on the forum for that matter, on "how to say anything when it comes to sharing their opinions".

That is fact not opinion.

What you may do is share your opinion against hers as to what dps, low to high should be and share your reason behind it. You may share satistics to back up your own opinion.



as said multiple times before there are actual ways to measure dps, you cant state a tier listing with no testing done and then say imo, thats spreading false information, it also shows that this person has little to no knowledge of what they are talking about and yet you seek to defend them. as i said before it begs to wonder on your op, questioning what a reaper is.

And how would you measure dps Sanj66? With a dpsmeter which is forbidden and against the rules of Tera?

I will reinterate what I said previously on another post before you posted. Opinions are meant to be proven true or false. We do this by statistics. To add to this, it does not give us or anyone the right to call someones stupid or ignorant in underlying words. Which is what people have been doing in this forum and unacceptable. There is away to rebuttal someones opinion without being rude.


I brought it up for a few reason.

1. I do see a few reapers that go in head strong to face tank everything and mainly for the reason that "Everyones is too slow. I don't want to do this all day." Comments like that.

2. The number of the class has faded. For what reason has it faded away?

3. The need to understand what the reaper can actually do in benefitting the party.

Understanding some updated information of the class with the present revamps of other classes and introductions of others leads for a need of knowing if this class may be considered useless or if it needs to be revamped as well?

The guides to assist players on building their classes are slowly being upgraded however, Reaper is yet to be done. The last update on reaper was before the brawler patch.

So it stands to reason to ask certain questions, in purpose to ponder the classes usefulness at present.

yes but asking if a reaper is a tank is utterly preposterous, it does say 3rd party software is against the tos, but you know what else? it also states en masse reserves the right on interpretation of these rules, there has been long talk of an actual in game dps meter for this reason, not only here in the other tera regions. so then by your definition in your ninja video that means ninjas are also tanks? as you said they rush into the boss, reading a class's skill description if you bothered to tells you what a class brings to a party, which if you did for a reaper you would see dps and dps only, much like a sorc, archer or gunner. have you ever done pvp in tera? i can tell you reapers havent declined there, they are still one of the best pvp classes around. also oyu dont need an updated guide, use the old one and then modify according to the patch note changes on how you think it could work, record and try other stuff. and on that note if a reaper was a dps before brawler patch, and you read the patch notes after that it is quite obvious a reaper is still a dps not a tank.

1. I know they are not tanks. That's why I asked to bring it to light. We can't deny we see class not built for tanks doing such things recklessly. Maybe that's their fun who knows.

2. Ok so Lower dps compared to the classics now. Ok. That is a good reason. I just remember back when Tensus was BiS they swarmed everywhere,.

3. Fair enough. It's mainly a dps issue then.
[/quote]


By "unable to face-tank endgame content" I mean that they are unable to take more than 1 or 2 hits from a boss in current endgame content. By now I know you're aware they're a low defense, mid damage DPS class. And yes, they should do more damage for the effort people put into them. They're incredibly squishy.

Upload my glyph page?

What do you mean by that? How do I upload a glyph page. I've never heard anyone say that in the forums I've read. I've not even read how to do that in any of EnMasse's post on the website.

He's telling you that in order to qualify for Moongourd, you have to post everything about your character included your consumables, glyphs, gear, dps meter, party composition, dungeon, boss, etc. It's quite an intensive and detail oriented website. They do good work.
MW7HF6JRW3 wrote: »
I will answer your questions.
1. I do see a few reapers that go in head strong to face tank everything and mainly for the reason that "Everyones is too slow. I don't want to do this all day." Comments like that.

2. The number of the class has faded. For what reason has it faded away?

3. The need to understand what the reaper can actually do in benefitting the party.

Understanding some updated information of the class with the present revamps of other classes and introductions of others leads for a need of knowing if this class may be considered useless or if it needs to be revamped as well?

The guides to assist players on building their classes are slowly being upgraded however, Reaper is yet to be done. The last update on reaper was before the brawler patch.

So it stands to reason to ask certain questions, in purpose to ponder the classes usefulness at present.


1. Reapers cannot face-tank endgame content. Their armor is not suited for that.

2. The number of Reapers has faded for several reasons. The first reason is that BHS revamps certain classes, making those classes (warrior, archer, sorc) deal incredibly more damage than reapers. Many reaper mains left for a revamped class. Additionally, other classes gained buffs which helped them stay afloat, but Reaper has received little of anything worth mentioning. That isn't to say they're bottom tier dps. They are middle--but it takes an absolutely excellent player to make one do high damage.

3. Reapers do nothing to benefit the party other than damage. They do not buff your party, heal, or tank for your party.

Commenting back

1. I know they are not tanks. That's why I asked to bring it to light. We can't deny we see class not built for tanks doing such things recklessly. Maybe that's their fun who knows.

2. Ok so Lower dps compared to the classics now. Ok. That is a good reason. I just remember back when Tensus was BiS they swarmed everywhere,.

3. Fair enough. It's mainly a dps issue then.

Ok so my statement on that chart being unreliable is proven false. I can accept that.
Would you mind assisting with a low to high range list yourself. No offense but that just seems like a lot to do at my perspective. I'm wondering if you already have it down by chance?

Thank you for being agreeable. I have been playing Tera since launch and do enjoy helping others get the hang of things. What you have to understand is that TERA has no strict dps tier. There are superior classes for sure, but the damage your able to do depends on the dungeon, because mechanics favor some classes over others. For instance, in Wonderholme Slayers were in high demand because Overpower did not get consumed during the Bandersnatch's shield phase, and they were essentially doing 40% more damage than everyone else.

Blue Hole Studio has officially stated that they intend to revamp legacy classes to become on par with the Ninja. This means that revamped classes will absolutely do more damage than non-revamped ones, since they are being matched with Ninja--who does more than non-revamped classes.

Archer is the highest DPS in game. I say this even though Warrior does more dps. The reason Archer is the "highest" dps is because it's the only class with the ability to consistently swap its brooch mid fight, essentially giving archer an extra piece of gear over everyone else. Otherwise, warrior does more damage.

Secondly, or in many other cases Firstly: Warrior. They do the highest damage right now as they are the most recently revamped. I can consistently do 3,000,000 per second or more in Ambush.

Sorcerer is next on this list--revamped not too long ago. Sorcerer is sensitive to boss positioning and mechanics though, but it is still evident that they do far more damage than any class that shows up below it on a tier. A high tier Sorcerer does literally two times the damage of a high tier Slayer.


The rest of the classes under these are the non-revamped. They fluctuate from buffs, bosses, gear, skill, etc. but no matter what they do, they cannot match a high tier revamped class. It's irrelevant to argue who is in a tier over who after Sorc.

Sometime not so soon Slayer will get its revamp and it will be on par with the others.

I hope that now you see the tier list isn't a strict variable. Most people judge it based on RMHM score runs, in which Warriors and Archers are at each other's necks.

sanj66 wrote: »
MW7HF6JRW3 wrote: »

NPCPak may say it how it is wished to be said from her own thoughts, it as long as she is not breaking Forum rules. YOU on the other hand do not have the RIGHT or priviledge to tell NPCPak, nor instruct or dictate to anyone on the forum for that matter, on "how to say anything when it comes to sharing their opinions".

That's just your opinion
Lemme pull an NPCPak on you.




oh and those statistics you wanted : https://moongourd.com/

Providing that last part on the link.. I'm not sure how that was build. if it was built using a dps meter than, it's not really realiable.

You have to take into considerations of etchings, types of crystals and what has been glyphed as well. That particular chart does not exactly go into those details.. While it maybe helpful to some, due to the fact it is missing much information to PROVE your own opinion or others that are in like mind.

ON THE OTHER HAND if we WERE to use Current guide setups for character build. WE MIGHT actually have something here. So I won't dismiss it. It will take some looking into.

I have concerns to consider. Considering that these are dungeon stats. and every player as a style of play that differs from another so dps will vary.

To prove this you have gunner and warrior on different charts and they are switched.
It really depends on player style and what they are using. Those things need to be taken into account.

It's quite possible to be a good lead on defining a dps low to high list. We also have to consider the buffs and revamps.

Let's put this one on the shelf for later study. I say this because. in that chart reaper is in the third or second category. It will take some study for that.

you do know you have to upload your glyph page and it does show consumables/buff break downs, up times and skill break downs? its still more reliable than a person watching a boss's hp at non end game runs and building a tier lol. yes dps will vary but the point being made is the MAX DPS a warrior can attain is way greater than the MAX DPS a gunner can attain no matter the glyph set up, consumables, debuffs, up time or tank type/healer type, its that simple, if you fail to grasp that concept then idk what to say, some people may truly be lost.


Now you lost me.

Upload my glyph page?

What do you mean by that? How do I upload a glyph page. I've never heard anyone say that in the forums I've read. I've not even read how to do that in any of EnMasse's post on the website.

If you are talking about Essential Mana I know about that. If you are talking about press k to see my skills descriptions and glyphs I know about that.

Other than that you got me at some unknown information I'm now curious about.
MW7HF6JRW3 wrote: »

Providing that last part on the link.. I'm not sure how that was build. if it was built using a dps meter than, it's not really realiable.

Dps meters are literally the most reliable source of metering dps.

You have to take into considerations of etchings, types of crystals and what has been glyphed as well.

It does.
ON THE OTHER HAND if we WERE to use Current guide setups for character build. WE MIGHT actually have something here.

It is.

I realize that you are new here--I can take that from the fact that you didn't know what a reaper was until you asked. That's fine, we're all new here at some point. But soon you'll come to realize that almost everyone here values Moongourd as the prime source for Tera's dps statistics. Shinra meter is supremely accurate and has information that goes into the minute details of how many times a skill was used, the crit rate, the damage each time it was used, what buffs were on when you used it, how often you were healed, you damage per second, the amount of damage you sustained, the consumables you used, the enrage time of the boss, all of the skills and all of this information for everyone in your party, how much % of your total damage a certain skill you used dealt, the total damage you dealt to a boss, the bosses' name and each statistic for each boss, and a lot more.

Saying it isn't reliable is absolutely wrong.

That's a fair assessment. You have provide plenty to state your ground. I know about dps meters capabilities. [filtered] I can't even get one on my computer, yet a lot of people seem to be able to have one. Shinra can't even be downloaded because it is in some strange language I cannot even understand or know what says, and I have never heard of Moongourd till now so thanks.

Ok so my statement on that chart being unreliable is proven false. I can accept that.
Would you mind assisting with a low to high range list yourself. No offense but that just seems like a lot to do at my perspective. I'm wondering if you already have it down by chance?
I will answer your questions.
1. I do see a few reapers that go in head strong to face tank everything and mainly for the reason that "Everyones is too slow. I don't want to do this all day." Comments like that.

2. The number of the class has faded. For what reason has it faded away?

3. The need to understand what the reaper can actually do in benefitting the party.

Understanding some updated information of the class with the present revamps of other classes and introductions of others leads for a need of knowing if this class may be considered useless or if it needs to be revamped as well?

The guides to assist players on building their classes are slowly being upgraded however, Reaper is yet to be done. The last update on reaper was before the brawler patch.

So it stands to reason to ask certain questions, in purpose to ponder the classes usefulness at present.


1. Reapers cannot face-tank endgame content. Their armor is not suited for that.

2. The number of Reapers has faded for several reasons. The first reason is that BHS revamps certain classes, making those classes (warrior, archer, sorc) deal incredibly more damage than reapers. Many reaper mains left for a revamped class. Additionally, other classes gained buffs which helped them stay afloat, but Reaper has received little of anything worth mentioning. That isn't to say they're bottom tier dps. They are middle--but it takes an absolutely excellent player to make one do high damage.

3. Reapers do nothing to benefit the party other than damage. They do not buff your party, heal, or tank for your party.
sanj66 wrote: »
MW7HF6JRW3 wrote: »
NPCPak wrote: »
In my current opinion, I believe that the order of classes works along side this.

Healer: Priest, Mystic
Close-Range DPS: Slayer, Warrior, Ninja, Beserker
Mid-Range DPS: Reaper
Far-Range DPS: Sorcerer, Archer, Gunner
Tank: Lancer, Brawler

(Low to High: DPS)
Priest, Mystic, Lancer, Slayer, Reaper, Sorcerer, Archer, Warrior, Berserker, Ninja, Gunner, Brawler

You cannot state a tier of DPS "in your opinion". You may say, "By my observations", but it is evident that if you believe Gunner to be higher than Warrior, Ninja, Archer, and Sorcerer, your observations are wrong. Anyone who has an idea of DPS by million per second knows this.

Also, Sorcerer is not a long range class, as its core skills are mid-ranged (see: Fireblast, Nova).

You cannot add "in my opinion" to your statements to bar them from any possibility of argument. I cannot factually state "the world is flat, in my opinion" any more than you can provide a mathematical tier list "in your opinion".

NPCPak can state an opinion how she feels she can state it in the best way she knows how to do so.

What is an Opinion anyway:
a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
an estimation of the quality or worth of someone or something.
what someone thinks about a particular thing.


NPCPak may say it how it is wished to be said from her own thoughts, it as long as she is not breaking Forum rules. YOU on the other hand do not have the RIGHT or priviledge to tell NPCPak, nor instruct or dictate to anyone on the forum for that matter, on "how to say anything when it comes to sharing their opinions".

That is fact not opinion.

What you may do is share your opinion against hers as to what dps, low to high should be and share your reason behind it. You may share satistics to back up your own opinion.



as said multiple times before there are actual ways to measure dps, you cant state a tier listing with no testing done and then say imo, thats spreading false information, it also shows that this person has little to no knowledge of what they are talking about and yet you seek to defend them. as i said before it begs to wonder on your op, questioning what a reaper is.

And how would you measure dps Sanj66? With a dpsmeter which is forbidden and against the rules of Tera?

I will reinterate what I said previously on another post before you posted. Opinions are meant to be proven true or false. We do this by statistics. To add to this, it does not give us or anyone the right to call someones stupid or ignorant in underlying words. Which is what people have been doing in this forum and unacceptable. There is away to rebuttal someones opinion without being rude.


I brought it up for a few reason.

1. I do see a few reapers that go in head strong to face tank everything and mainly for the reason that "Everyones is to slow. I don't want to do this all day." Comments like that.

2. The number of the class has faded. For what reason has it faded away?

3. The need to understand what the reaper can actually do in benefitting the party.

Understanding some updated information of the class with the present revamps of other classes and introductions of others leads for a need of knowing if this class may be considered useless or if it needs to be revamped as well?

The guides to assist players on building their classes are slowly being upgraded however, Reaper is yet to be done. The last update on reaper was before the brawler patch.

So it stands to reason to ask certain questions, in purpose to ponder the classes usefulness at present.
LYE5HFXP3J wrote: »
Opinions are irrelevant anyways on how it should be perceived on a social board such as this where people are way too defensive. Even I'm seeing that in you too OP.

It's mostly the point where this @NPCPak made a simple opinion over a tier list that made absolutely no sense at all. Thus it triggers pro players into seeing such nonsense disregarding that it's just a mere opinion.
NPCPak wrote: »
(Low to High: DPS)
Priest, Mystic, Lancer, Slayer, Reaper, Sorcerer, Archer, Warrior, Berserker, Ninja, Gunner, Brawler

Which comes to this point.

Who on earth would rate Gunner the most lowest and questionable class in PvE higher than Sorcerer and Archer.

It shows that this person has no idea of the game at all so this individual needs to be more careful to state that without any knowledge of the game like that.

But if you still persist on saying opinions are opinions, then I'm going to say that Priest is the strongest DPS that deals more damage than Warriors. People going to hate me? That's okay. I have a barrier called "opinion" so I deserve no rights of being accused for stating misconceptions!

Meh.

I am not saying you are wrong. There is a way of countering a persons opinion versus just outright calling them ignorant or stupid which is what a majority of people do. My point is just because someones opinion is not based on fact it does not mean their opinion is wrong. An opinion is meant to be proven right or wrong with statistics. That's what everyone rely's on. Statistics when it comes to proving their opinion is right or wrong. Now NPCPak may very well do a more thorough research for facts to attempt to prove the opinion and may very well find out that the opinion will need to be changed.

I myself think that there is a completely different low to high range on dps. I'm not here to debate it. I don't find a point to debate it in this thread.


At the end of the day whether corrections need to be made or not to show facts of things. This thread is in fact about reapers and why they are not in larger numbers. While this dps low to high debate has come into play, we need to simply remember the reason behind the implied opinion as to why the reaper class has faded in numbers.

The point being here I believe behind NPCPaks opinion is meant to imply that Reapers do not do as much dps as the other classes and perhaps that adds to think that the animations they do are also slower.

That would be the point of this.
You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.