TERA Online forum archive
Toggle all posts - Display mode: Posts - Threads - Filter: none - moderated
Back when we used to queue corsairs stronghold for insta pvp action...
l
L5CAE4JFLP wrote: »
Latza posted a paragraph of a bunch of [filtered] Of mayk!
You have no idea bud, you look and sound like an idiot!

Let me see here

Joined today
1 active post
-2 points(didn't know it was possible)

Ignore this idiot troll and move on
Naru2008 wrote: »
L5CAE4JFLP wrote: »
Latza posted a paragraph of a bunch of [filtered] Of mayk!
You have no idea bud, you look and sound like an idiot!

Was it necessary for you to necro a long-dead thread to insult someone? Seriously?

Report and move on, that's what I did. Ain't worth more. Trolls gonna be trolls, haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate, same old
L5CAE4JFLP wrote: »
Latza posted a paragraph of a bunch of [filtered] Of mayk!
You have no idea bud, you look and sound like an idiot!

Was it necessary for you to necro a long-dead thread to insult someone? Seriously?
Latza posted a paragraph of a bunch of [filtered] Of mayk!
You have no idea bud, you look and sound like an idiot!

And even then, the vast majority of the playerbase will never try to get +9 SC gear or anything like that in the first place. The vast majority of players are casual or semi-casual (just like with every MMO these days).

IF you log in on Tera EU/Killian and move around at outskirts or check the LFG and inspect players then you will impressed to see how many players actually have above +5SC.. or how many reached SC or went beyond on the Manahan server.. but then again PvP and PvE motivate players to want to get involved.

Anyway..

Maybe i am not looking at the big piece for Tera PC/NA and i do not understand the fact that maybe the game is considered as being fine as it is or even pretty healthy based on certain expectations? Even though there is not PvP whatsoever and the PvE players are disappearing slowly making the even the LFG to look like a ghost town? Maybe this is fine because the aim is to have a casual or semi casual player base? And if that is the case that for example then should i take the example and log in only 10hrs per week and give up on trying to get even better gear/mounts/etc or even elite since its meaningless in that situation? And if we all become casuals or semi casuals playing literally for free barely supporting the publishers in any sort of way then would that not be a problem?

So how should i play on NA at this point? Or what am i doing wrong?
i have only one question for mEME staff. dafuq is wrong with you people, can't you do your job ONCE right?
we've known it was still there though...it was up in 20minutes after the patch that "fixed" it....and then everyone went silent about it
CornishRex wrote: »
The amount of packets you can send has been limited so memeslash isn't as effective as before, plus it became more detectable afaik.
Not saying you can't oneshot in pvp, which you still can.

Also technically speaking only valks and priests could memeslash. And old sorc voidpulse.

Doesn't stop parses of 68M/s+ from being uploaded to Moongourd.
Xerses wrote: »
tbh it's not really a big deal anymore. we all know it's still there...you're not exposing anything. it's just that it's a pain to the people who only use certain tools to help with ping when they constantly keep changing op codes.

for me if someone use a normal sp is ok
because its for to help other player outside NA for can play tera na
but for meme slash i dont like it
CornishRex wrote: »
The amount of packets you can send has been limited so memeslash isn't as effective as before, plus it became more detectable afaik.
Not saying you can't oneshot in pvp, which you still can.

Also technically speaking only valks and priests could memeslash. And old sorc voidpulse.

Any piercing projectile afaik, that's why in that video the archer's slow trap hit multiple times, but obviously did very little damage because it's not a damage skill.
The amount of packets you can send has been limited so memeslash isn't as effective as before, plus it became more detectable afaik.
Not saying you can't oneshot in pvp, which you still can.

Also technically speaking only valks and priests could memeslash. And old sorc voidpulse.
tbh it's not really a big deal anymore. we all know it's still there...you're not exposing anything. it's just that it's a pain to the people who only use certain tools to help with ping when they constantly keep changing op codes.
papy10k wrote: »
archers can memeslash too ?

nah maybe yes look at that video
the radiant arrow is like ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssttttttttttt
archers can memeslash too ?
Xerses wrote: »
the best way to get rid of memeslash is to stop giving it any publicity or spotlight. the people using memeslash only make it harder for everyone else who want to play the game without ping tax. please go away

so do you mean . keep it secret , dont post in to public and we still can use meme slash ?????
LOL LOL LOL LOL
the best way to get rid of memeslash is to stop giving it any publicity or spotlight. the people using memeslash only make it harder for everyone else who want to play the game without ping tax. please go away




soo its still threeee the MMMMM
The low key ads for a 3rd party program that is against the rules in this are interesting.
What is the meaning of this called proxy and is it the same as VPN ( pingzapper? ). I am asking because i keep seeing all sort of talks lately about cheats and stuff which does not make sense since as far as i know the VPN only helps with the ping up to a certain point.

Also, i am from Europe and i have started player 4 years ago on NA when Gameforge was not the best and even since i kept playing on NA so i do not really have the change of heart to start all over on Europe though i have seen clearly what it means to play with 50ms on Europe or 160-200ms on NA ( also being ignorant all these years.. i thought that the game is somewhat playable on NA so i could live with it until i tested EU recently and felt like receiving a divine blessing ).

It is incredibly unreal when you try to dps/heal/tank with 160-200ms and your skills either do not hit in time or they mess up your rotation as compared to 50ms or lower when your hits hit instantly and everything including the dps/aggro/heal rotation works like a charm ( unfortunately, i have also thought that because of this as a non NA native i am probably losing 10-20% dps/aggro/heal/etc depending on class just due to the delay.. and it is no joke because if you ever played WoW back in the days where damage meter was super evolved then you could see that even in a tab target game you could lose important heal/dps/aggro over time whenever the servers were unstable and there was delay ).
Digivolve wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
modules that allowed them to do things you couldn't do normally.
Like what? Playing on low ping like blessed-born in Chicago?

Nope, Like ignore being stunned by other players in CU, teleport hacks and many others we already saw before.

I know at least 4 guilds where players were banned for using those kind of modules sold by some proxy devs and believe me that most people who reported them were in the same discord server as them.

Playing fool about the cheats devs had sold in the game for profit and to annoy EME and players won't give more value to their other tools and the only fact we have is EME and BHS are the owners of the game and they are the ones that makes the rules, not a group of shady people that were trying to create a private Tera server since almost 6 years.

It won't surprise me if some of the current proxy modules devs are the same that tried to compete with EME and GF back in the past when Tera was released on EU and NA and we have an unnoficial private server.
By the way, if someone doubts the issue with ping, you can try yourself it by downloading EUTera. The +100ms you get is definitely noticeable and inconvenient.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
modules that allowed them to do things you couldn't do normally.
Like what? Playing on low ping like blessed-born in Chicago?

Players that play on high ping often don't realize how disadvantaged they are until they try playing this game on lower ping.
With no latency, you can expect about 20-50%+ increase in both survival rate and damage output. That's just how ping-dependent TERA is. Is it any wonder that average KTera players consistently and significantly outDPS average NA players in every patches? Sure, they have talent system (And now Awakening), but I bet you that the ping plays a huge role too.

Playing with 150ms ping means your every action takes 150ms longer. It doesn't seem much, but it affects EVERY action you make and any skill chaining you do. They add up and it's very significant. Each shot of archer's Rapid Fire has to be acknowledged by server, so that one skill is like 7 X 150ms. And Rapid Fire makes up a significant portion of Archer's overall DPS and you really wanna just exclude it because it is unfriendly to high ping?

With enough practice you can clear any dungeon on high ping albeit some deaths and probably carried by other party members, but you can clear it. Some players may be OK with just clearing dungeons. Other players are more competitive and they need that competitive drive. There is a difference between Just clearing the dungeon and clearing the dungeon well and efficiently. High ping players that want to be a bit more competitive can't compete with low ping players and the only way to keep enjoying this game is to use proxy to reduce the input lag.

I've done some research and talked to a number of people. From what I've heard and seen, even paying real $$ for proxy scripts is the best investment you can make in TERA. Fluid gameplay you get as a result of the proxy script is worth more than any innerwear or dragon/phoenix mount that EME cashshop sells. Best of all, script is not in a lootbox. You may have to pay like $150, but you get exactly what you pay for - No script lootbox. If you still don't wanna pay, there are free ones available to everyone.

If EME/BHS want to get rid of proxy once and for all in NA, they have A LOT of problems to solve. I don't see the proxy going away anytime soon. It's staying with us for the foreseeable future. Sure, they may ban some proxy users here and there (mostly through player reports), but that's all they can do.
just think how laggy the game will be when the awaken class skills come out here
If BHS doesn't repair how skills behave on high ping before they roll out a final fix for the proxy issue, then they're shooting their north american branch in the foot. The discord related to this sort of modding has thousands of people in it. Dozens of my friends from outside the U.S. who play this game have said they wouldn't play this game without it because their skills become virtually unusable and official developer solutions either never came (after five years!) or were coming from a place of inexperience ("just change your rotation to not include your biggest hitting skills!" etc). Don't leave players hanging or you won't have any left.
Until BHS fixes things like Ping tax on skills, Desyncing (you know stuff where someone is using skills and teleports across the place once they're done), lag and other stuff (Like some QoL stuff like Auto turn in vanguards, auto lockons that make lockons skills USEABLE for higher ping players etc) that Proxy (The good, innocent users) fixes, it will never be gone.

Every patch that was meant to "fix" it, is reversed within a few hours to a day.
Lapomko wrote: »
If BHS just made a built-in lag compensation like what proxy does that would make proxy useless. Problem solved.

Korea is small they wont do it because they don't see any issues like this over there.

If you have a large ping then do what everyone else does with a large ping and get used to it or move. Using a proxy doesn't just "lower ping", the people that say that are fooling themselves. It wouldn't make Proxy useless, people would still use them for the other things it allows you to do.

People that use Proxy are a plague, especially in PvP.
@Lapomko nice idea i wonder if they got this idea i they would run with it it can be an option toggle if not needed @eme staff good idea. idk
If BHS just made a built-in lag compensation like what proxy does that would make proxy useless. Problem solved.
I know a dozen of players banned for using proxy modules.

Some of them are joining Tera EU, good work for Tera NA on banning them because they were really exploiting the game with modules that allowed them to do things you couldn't do normally.
Well eme can check a players logs to know if they are hacking but still that ain't enough and why they keep making new stuff instead of fixing their game awakening is coming when they should have been fixing the game why is that so? unless the game is perfect because of the internet speed in Korea i wonder!
CornishRex wrote: »
People still have leftover megaphones in their invs from back when you used to be able to obtain them. The feature itself isn't disabled.

That is not what they said when chat was disabled, and it is not what spacecats said just the other day:
Spacecats wrote: »
btw this is the same reason we never allow players to use the megaphone.

I had a friend use it to test it right after they "fixed" the exploit, it worked lol
But I think they mostly focused on fixing the HTML exploit, not the megaphone itself.
If they even bother responding to this, they will likely give you some official posturing or some one liners about how its "wrong", and how they are "actively" doing something against it. When in reality, until they make an official proxy of their own (or whatever else to fix ping issues), they can`t do much against it. Ive said this in other places, it is more the likely that they "have" to address these issues when "pesky" good Samaritans point them out (I have complained about it as well), but they cant afford to kill something that effects their playerbase to such an extent. Oh sure, there will be people out there that will support whatever they say, and vomit responses for them. "Justifications, reasons, excuses" whatever. Thats great but I don`t care about that, or about other peoples opinions around this subject. That is not my concern, I am not tech support. I dunno who started the whole thing, but the way I see it, these proxies exists because BHS failed to deliver on a great many things. They made their own virus by not fixing things they should have, and by neglecting the needs of the community. And proxies are just one of the evils around.

Don`t get me wrong I strongly object to any proxy or cheat, probably more then most people do being as I don`t think any player should resort to that. However, while I can understand the possible technical limits which would involve such an undertaking, I honestly don`t care much about them. Thats not my problem. And my opinion is the same as it has always been. Talk is cheap. They should either provide alternative solutions to existing problems, or find a way to stop all players from using them, or just go back to keeping in total silence about it this subject and keep showing everyone that their hands are tied. Let me guess: "you're wrong EME has this under control!". No they don`t. Spare me the circumstance, proving i`m wrong does not require words, nor opinions or meaningless platitudes I don`t care about. Proving me wrong requires actions. Anything else is just a bad joke ive heard many times over.
CornishRex wrote: »
People still have leftover megaphones in their invs from back when you used to be able to obtain them. The feature itself isn't disabled.

That is not what they said when chat was disabled, and it is not what spacecats said just the other day:
Spacecats wrote: »
btw this is the same reason we never allow players to use the megaphone.
Melyodis wrote: »
Can we get some info don't have to be details as if something is being done about proxy it a simple yes were working on blocking it or what ever words.

Do you live in Chicago? Do you got 20-30 ms ping?
Nice for you!
Maybe you should ask if everyone got 30 ms ping too?

I rly think they should ban pr0xy and every ip outside of Chicago, so you guys can enjoy a "fair" game with max 50-100 players!!
Well... this happened on 1/9/18, Tuesday:



https://imgur.com/a/xIqDS



They said they disabled that feature... so I guess they lied about shutting it off, or they lied about their ability to shut it off. Either way...


People still have leftover megaphones in their invs from back when you used to be able to obtain them. The feature itself isn't disabled.
Well... this happened on 1/9/18, Tuesday: https://imgur.com/a/xIqDS

xIqDS

They said they disabled that feature... so I guess they lied about shutting it off, or they lied about their ability to shut it off. Either way...


Can we get some info don't have to be details as if something is being done about proxy it a simple yes were working on blocking it or what ever words.
azuriela still mad cuz bad... yikes
Was there... really any reason to bump this thread from June just to insult the guy?

id say he's just out to troll a certain some one as its the same post against the same person quoted in a few threads at around the same time
Elinu1 wrote: »
There really needs to be an autolock after 30 days of no posts like the old forums had. Too many necros

Yeah, this is the one thing the old forum had that we need to bring back.
There really needs to be an autolock after 30 days of no posts like the old forums had. Too many necros
Was there... really any reason to bump this thread from June just to insult the guy?
Nah i'm having this issue for uhh 6-7 hours so far xd

stay salty bad kid
Am i the only one that started getting disconnected literally every 5 - 10 minutes? It started happening today

stay salty bad kid
people that dont play bgs dare to talk about it, yikes

stay salty bad kid
CornishRex wrote: »
drkmosc wrote: »
Partyblast wrote: »
Thomastic wrote: »
i have a feeling they can do more than what you
asusm5 wrote: »
people use for kill this wbam . drop items for stormcry . diamond . etching IV box . they just stay afk and get a notificacion of channel and location when boss respanw -
Tempest Kanash (Fyrmount)
Divine Reaver (Serpentis Isle)
Nyxarras (Sienna Canyon)
Linyphi (Vale of Spires)
Yunaras Snaggletooth (Plain of the Damned)
Betsael (Amena Quatla)

You're being pretty hopeful if you think that the mod is capable of doing that. The only thing it can do is tell if you a WBAM is loaded in your client. You'd have to be in the same channel and vicinity of the boss for it even say anything. Essentially the same if you were to have a secondary monitor with tera on it and afk while doing other stuff. Any dev can go on github and easily verify that

i think they can do more than you think or are using something else, It's pretty amazing how people find these Bosses and other BAMs during events so fast without seeming to look for them at all.

I can tell you that, I have a google doc which notifies me when it has surpassed a certain amount of time which is the earliest time for the wbam to spawn. However, it is not a hack and it is nothing unethical.

So if you find it unfair that people have advantage over you, kill a wbam and save the time you killed it to have the advantage over everyone else. That's pretty much how the monopoly works.

Google Docs are third party how very unethical of you :^)

But yea, I still find the loot WBs just fine .-. Yay more complaints and over-exaggeration about exploits, better just remove the game.

It's actually not that hard to put bot accs to log spawns but whatever i guess :s (besides knowing already the spawn intervals). In EU at least you might get banned for doing that :sweat:

I've actually seen a couple of bots standing in wboss areas :sweat_smile:
So yeah the mod is actually the least useful way of hunting for them since it only alerts when the boss loads into the client.

Yeah, it's useless when you can automately trigger a tp to the bam cords :smile: good bots are hid under the terrain btw :sweat_smile:
View post on Tera forumsFAQ 01/10/2018, 05:06 AM Araix
Kk. So my points should go up every month with renewal thanks for the info
Araix wrote: »
Well i got elite and noticed my tera rewards went up. Does it go up everytime i renew my elite?? And was wondering if i canceled elite do all the scrills i saved up become useless?

Holy necro batman!

Anyways, no your elite-related items will not become useless, you can still open Elite Boxes without having Elite. (If you can't, that's a bug.)

I believe you get reward points when purchasing Elite, because you're spending money, and that's just a perk you get, is reward points. You get them when you spend EMP, such as Bank Expansions, Wardrobe Expansions, etc.
View post on Tera forumsFAQ 01/10/2018, 04:37 AM Araix
Well i got elite and noticed my tera rewards went up. Does it go up everytime i renew my elite?? And was wondering if i canceled elite do all the scrills i saved up become useless?
Mockery, remember to ban regular players if they look suspicious.
*Chuckle*
Margarethe wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Margarethe wrote: »
admonitu wrote: »
SoyKupo wrote: »
It's your own fault for not paying attention. Last time what happened to me, I listed an item with 1-2 less 0's behind it and lost a lot of gold. I put in a ticket and they said they can do nothing about it. I presume the same applies for if you buy the wrong item.

Its different. In this case, someone unethical is intentionally trying to trick other players into buying things that are pretty much worthless. No one really tricked you into listing an item with less zeros. Even if EME does not actually change the item name this thread can at keast raise awareness.

it's mind boggling how people just blame the victims and not the perpetrators. These are the same people that will blame the rape victims for how they look or dress rather than blaming the rapist. Simply disgusting.

Oh?
Like it doesn't matter if you use or not a 3rd party program?

On a serious note, learn to read.
If you made a mistake, learn from it.

Fraud is fraud and people doing those frauds usually looks for new players to make them their victims.

Do you really dont grasp the severity of this? Those people are discouraging others, I have seen some of their victims and I am glad some of those who abused of them are already banned (casually they were also exploiting the game).

That kind of behaviour should not be accepted or tolerated. these people trick new players into buying those things making them believe those are more valuable than they really are worth.

Are we really blind about the issues that actually hurt the player base?

EME actually banned players for placing a diamond ticket at diamond price?
39d1b2450403830ee2b7d4fd49575f29.gif

IF you didn't understand that sentece then sorry, I thought I made clear that they were using exploits and they were banned for that, not because they were scaming players. Or is there something that means different in the words you marked in bold?

Are you butt hurt because personal issues?
how about you learn to read and distinguish a diamond and a token in the picture
go play eu tera, its much better atm. EME sux a$$
Scam or not: This is another of those "Quality of Life" enhancements that can be done without much effort.
It also helps cleaning up the trash when you're looking for the actual diamond on the broker, no crap listings trying to fool you or just plain bothering you. Very similar names or icons on items is an annoyance for anyone, experienced or not, specially if they vary wildly in price.

Anyone experienced can see the difference, but it's no reason why it would be bad to change it. QoL, keep that one in mind. Same goes for the confirmation button to delete an item, you may say it's not necessary at all and bothers while cleaning up inventory. But trash items may stay close to good and expensive items on the inventory and end up getting mixed up in the trash cleanups, and the confirmation gives one more step to help avoid this.
By the way does the confirmation button have an icon of the item you're discarding? If not then yet another simple and useful QoL improvement.
Have to look what youre buying out. This stuff works in real life too. And many of those smart guys even do it legally. I agree its frustrating to victim, cruel and infair but world isnt perfect. Many people live on the rich soil called "trust" and "not attentive" using it. People can set any price to stuff they have.

Thanks for the topic to op, good way to save some people from this trap! :+1:

Thanks mate!

It is unfortunate but reality. Hopefully collective whole can work together to at least reduce the amount of petty scam/scheme from rising!
Partyblast wrote: »
You can list any item for any price you want, the item name AND icon are both different so it isn't a scam or trick in any way. You can clearly look at the item description and see what you are purchasing.

An Item scam is when you use two very similar items to trick someone into paying a lot of money for something near worthless, in this case the only thing similar is the fact a diamond ticket has the word "diamond", just pay attention to what you buy.

Actually,

When people search, their intention is clearly based on 'item' and 'price'. When general population price of an item "A" is usually 14k and your intend was to buy that item "A" for lowest value as possible (and it does help that item "A" is absolutely needed for gear progression), most people with same intend are literally racing.

With that being said, most people, when using Trade-broker, uses search bar and in there they will type in letters or words as close as possible to your intended item you wished to find. So, if person wanted to, for some reason, buy diamond ticket, they will type diamond and omit ticket part. And it does populate, for the most part, words with diamonds in the front. Than next thing you know is mix listing of two different icons in such manner:

A 13,999
B 12,999
A 13,499
A 13,499
B 12,499
B 13,499
A 13,499
A 13,499

Person opinion, if I want something so i can quickly get on with the gear progression that i've been working towards so long and hard for and this is only piece of puzzle i need, I would be in rush as well. I could be completely wrong too for I've never been scammed such way but I think this could be the one of the many reasons why people fall for it.
Have to look what youre buying out. This stuff works in real life too. And many of those smart guys even do it legally. I agree its frustrating to victim, cruel and infair but world isnt perfect. Many people live on the rich soil called "trust" and "not attentive" using it. People can set any price to stuff they have.

Thanks for the topic to op, good way to save some people from this trap! :+1:
Alright,

Lets clear things up a little:

1. I, the one who posted this, am not the victim of this scam
2. I wrote this to catch EME's attention with on going issues
3. Raise awareness to player community to prevent future victimization to such petty scam

With that being said, I would like to make few additional comments to this post (and to those to commented)

Main focus of this post was based on idea of "how to make the gaming environment more fair and clean". Every who commented on this post seem to understand the existing threats among player community involving players with negative intention and their motivation of certain behaviors have caused and impacted many players to become victim. So, on that note, it's working the way I intended (to an extend). I originally wanted an open forum post debate where all the players in the community can talk and share and idea of certain stuff and possibly EME can see it and reflect it on the future updates to slowly but surely improve the game. Yet, you are all here being salty and throwing salts at each other... This post is definitely not an "Made In Tera" Salt product advertisement but rather an open debate.

Also, I wrote this in hope that players can play more safely and with alert when they are using Trade-Broker system. Many of you already mentioned, paraphrasing, "It is your fault because you were careless". This is also true and I completely agree with you as well. However, if you flip that side of a coin over, you will see the other side of the argument. 'Well, shouldn't the perpetrator, one who 'intended' to creating delusion using similar name of an item and price set up to 'personally benefit', be punished at least mildly but with fairness and firmness so that lesson can be learned. Pretty much, all i wanted from this post was to raise complete awareness and as well as put a shame to those who abuses this. Nevertheless, notifying the game publisher in order to create either prevention measures or remediation measures. Thus, I suggested that, why not change the name of the items so clarify things for players. On that note, I do not have much of knowledge of how many times in game are similar to a point where players often get into some issues with. However, if it presents probable cause and inevitable threats to players in financial ways, please list them below and i will use 3rd party communication applications such as Teamspeak3 and Discord channels to properly distribute the list for EVERYONE to be familiar with the issues with item names.

So ! enough with the salt fight, but let's be more productive as a collective whole and possibly come up with some decent solution to help EME to fix such petty scams from ever happening in the future. Such scam is definitely unnecessary. I don't even know why I have to even spend extra effort of be 'careless' for such petty scam (although never was victim of it) when we can just simply prevent it as a collective whole. And this goes to you to EME staff who is reading this!

Before closing this up,
I would like to take this time to show my appreciation to everyone to viewed this post and commented on this post! Despite my disagreement with few comments, all feed-backs were well voiced and I sincerely thank you for your time and your effort in commenting. It at least that shows your interest and respect to this game and the community in many different ways that we need.
Thank you very much !
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Margarethe wrote: »
admonitu wrote: »
SoyKupo wrote: »
It's your own fault for not paying attention. Last time what happened to me, I listed an item with 1-2 less 0's behind it and lost a lot of gold. I put in a ticket and they said they can do nothing about it. I presume the same applies for if you buy the wrong item.

Its different. In this case, someone unethical is intentionally trying to trick other players into buying things that are pretty much worthless. No one really tricked you into listing an item with less zeros. Even if EME does not actually change the item name this thread can at keast raise awareness.

it's mind boggling how people just blame the victims and not the perpetrators. These are the same people that will blame the rape victims for how they look or dress rather than blaming the rapist. Simply disgusting.

Oh?
Like it doesn't matter if you use or not a 3rd party program?

On a serious note, learn to read.
If you made a mistake, learn from it.

Fraud is fraud and people doing those frauds usually looks for new players to make them their victims.

Do you really dont grasp the severity of this? Those people are discouraging others, I have seen some of their victims and I am glad some of those who abused of them are already banned (casually they were also exploiting the game).

That kind of behaviour should not be accepted or tolerated. these people trick new players into buying those things making them believe those are more valuable than they really are worth.

Are we really blind about the issues that actually hurt the player base?

EME actually banned players for placing a diamond ticket at diamond price?
39d1b2450403830ee2b7d4fd49575f29.gif
> @ElinUsagi said:
>
> Fraud is fraud and people doing those frauds usually looks for new players to make them their victims.
>
> Do you really dont grasp the severity of this? Those people are discouraging others, I have seen some of their victims and I am glad some of those who abused of them are already banned (casually they were also exploiting the game).
>
> That kind of behaviour should not be accepted or tolerated. these people trick new players into buying those things making them believe those are more valuable than they really are worth.
>
> Are we really blind about the issues that actually hurt the player base?

Like I said nobody is actively looking for somebody to scam. People are allowed to list items for whatever they want. Yes it's a bit scummy but banning/punishing people for something absurd as this is just trying to protect people that don't know how to read.
I just find it counter productive and the severe hugbox mentality kind of bothers me because this is an mmo.. A virtual world where people can play a scummy merchant if they wish to.
You said you flip and raise market prices yourself, in my eyes that might be scummy too if I decide that a golden talent is worth 10 gold and you're selling it for 35 (just pulling numbers out of my [filtered]), this is no different, it's playing the market in one way or another. Besides this isn't a reliable way of obtaining gold and I don't think large amounts of people were scammed by this. Changing the name would help, but dummies will always find something to get tricked by and demand punishment for the person smart enough to trick them, it's a never ending cycle.
Nobody lost real life money, nor did anyone lose a humongous amount of gold.
Why do careless people always have to be taken care of? Reminds me of kindergarten honestly.
You can list any item for any price you want, the item name AND icon are both different so it isn't a scam or trick in any way. You can clearly look at the item description and see what you are purchasing.

An Item scam is when you use two very similar items to trick someone into paying a lot of money for something near worthless, in this case the only thing similar is the fact a diamond ticket has the word "diamond", just pay attention to what you buy.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Margarethe wrote: »
admonitu wrote: »
SoyKupo wrote: »
It's your own fault for not paying attention. Last time what happened to me, I listed an item with 1-2 less 0's behind it and lost a lot of gold. I put in a ticket and they said they can do nothing about it. I presume the same applies for if you buy the wrong item.

Its different. In this case, someone unethical is intentionally trying to trick other players into buying things that are pretty much worthless. No one really tricked you into listing an item with less zeros. Even if EME does not actually change the item name this thread can at keast raise awareness.

it's mind boggling how people just blame the victims and not the perpetrators. These are the same people that will blame the rape victims for how they look or dress rather than blaming the rapist. Simply disgusting.

Oh?
Like it doesn't matter if you use or not a 3rd party program?

On a serious note, learn to read.
If you made a mistake, learn from it.

Fraud is fraud and people doing those frauds usually looks for new players to make them their victims.

Do you really dont grasp the severity of this? Those people are discouraging others, I have seen some of their victims and I am glad some of those who abused of them are already banned (casually they were also exploiting the game).

That kind of behaviour should not be accepted or tolerated. these people trick new players into buying those things making them believe those are more valuable than they really are worth.

Are we really blind about the issues that actually hurt the player base?

Perhaps I'm blind due to EME banning my boyfriend without proof.
Always be careful before placing and/or purchasing items from the trade broker.

And the placing of rape comparison in this case is ridiculous.
Margarethe wrote: »
admonitu wrote: »
SoyKupo wrote: »
It's your own fault for not paying attention. Last time what happened to me, I listed an item with 1-2 less 0's behind it and lost a lot of gold. I put in a ticket and they said they can do nothing about it. I presume the same applies for if you buy the wrong item.

Its different. In this case, someone unethical is intentionally trying to trick other players into buying things that are pretty much worthless. No one really tricked you into listing an item with less zeros. Even if EME does not actually change the item name this thread can at keast raise awareness.

it's mind boggling how people just blame the victims and not the perpetrators. These are the same people that will blame the rape victims for how they look or dress rather than blaming the rapist. Simply disgusting.

Oh?
Like it doesn't matter if you use or not a 3rd party program?

On a serious note, learn to read.
If you made a mistake, learn from it.

Fraud is fraud and people doing those frauds usually looks for new players to make them their victims.

Do you really dont grasp the severity of this? Those people are discouraging others, I have seen some of their victims and I am glad some of those who abused of them are already banned (casually they were also exploiting the game).

That kind of behaviour should not be accepted or tolerated. these people trick new players into buying those things making them believe those are more valuable than they really are worth.

Are we really blind about the issues that actually hurt the player base?
I mean the Item icon is entirely different as well...how lazy/not paying attention do you have to be to not see it tbh...Maybe people got to broke they couldn't afford to pay attention after "accidently" buying tickets
admonitu wrote: »
SoyKupo wrote: »
It's your own fault for not paying attention. Last time what happened to me, I listed an item with 1-2 less 0's behind it and lost a lot of gold. I put in a ticket and they said they can do nothing about it. I presume the same applies for if you buy the wrong item.

Its different. In this case, someone unethical is intentionally trying to trick other players into buying things that are pretty much worthless. No one really tricked you into listing an item with less zeros. Even if EME does not actually change the item name this thread can at keast raise awareness.

it's mind boggling how people just blame the victims and not the perpetrators. These are the same people that will blame the rape victims for how they look or dress rather than blaming the rapist. Simply disgusting.

Oh?
Like it doesn't matter if you use or not a 3rd party program?

On a serious note, learn to read.
If you made a mistake, learn from it.
> @admonitu said:
> SoyKupo wrote: »
>
> It's your own fault for not paying attention. Last time what happened to me, I listed an item with 1-2 less 0's behind it and lost a lot of gold. I put in a ticket and they said they can do nothing about it. I presume the same applies for if you buy the wrong item.
>
>
>
>
> Its different. In this case, someone unethical is intentionally trying to trick other players into buying things that are pretty much worthless. No one really tricked you into listing an item with less zeros. Even if EME does not actually change the item name this thread can at keast raise awareness.
>
> it's mind boggling how people just blame the victims and not the perpetrators. These are the same people that will blame the rape victims for how they look or dress rather than blaming the rapist.

This is such an absurd and ridiculous comparison. Excuse me but rape victims can do nothing to prevent rape.
But you can prevent yourself from being stupid that's for sure.
This can only serve as a lesson.
I know people that sold normal niveots (not the fine ones) for 600 gold and made decent profit from it.
Is it a bit unethical? Yes. But you still depend on people being blind/not paying attention before they buy things. You're not raping them geez.
And they're not advertising the diamond ticket as something it's not. They just list it on the broker and people that let themselves be exploited - get exploited. They're not telling the buyers "hey dude if you buy this ticket you'll be able to cash it in for a diamond, I'll include one for free!", nobody is being tricked here. People should just learn how to read descriptions and Oh I dunno check broker history or when such a decent amount of gold is being spent they should be more careful.
Victims sometimes are to blame, they're not always free of judgement - especially when they suffer consequences from not being careful enough.
Even in normal every day trade people will do anything and everything to trick you and earn the best amount of money with the least amount of effort. It's not a foreign concept and I don't see why it shouldn't have a place in a virtual market controlled by players, it makes it all the more real and interesting.
SoyKupo wrote: »
It's your own fault for not paying attention. Last time what happened to me, I listed an item with 1-2 less 0's behind it and lost a lot of gold. I put in a ticket and they said they can do nothing about it. I presume the same applies for if you buy the wrong item.

Its different. In this case, someone unethical is intentionally trying to trick other players into buying things that are pretty much worthless. No one really tricked you into listing an item with less zeros. Even if EME does not actually change the item name this thread can at keast raise awareness.

it's mind boggling how people just blame the victims and not the perpetrators. These are the same people that will blame the rape victims for how they look or dress rather than blaming the rapist.
you learn lessons pretty quick in tera when it costs a lot of gold. you will learn to read something and then re-read it before confirming.
It's your own fault for not paying attention. Last time what happened to me, I listed an item with 1-2 less 0's behind it and lost a lot of gold. I put in a ticket and they said they can do nothing about it. I presume the same applies for if you buy the wrong item.
If players do not pay attention before purchasing an item, it is their own fault.
Shall we change all items with similar names?
Hey staff of EME!

I am seeing an increasing number of unethical players who are trying to 'abuse' the system and victimize other players for their own benefits.
Numerous people have been trying to "Sell" diamond ticket for the price of diamond. They are not the same in case someone who doesn't know the difference.
One is worth 10g which you can purchase through Baharama NPC and another one is worth minimum 10,000g which can either be crafted or dropped from dungeons. So many people have been victim of this stupid scam.

-Suggestion-
Can we change the name for Baharama tickets? For example, for currently gold ticket, change it to silver ticket and current diamond ticket to gold ticket. And just change the value and images of it (it's really changing the name and flipping current ones around).

P.S.
I have no clue as to what the staff of EME do on daily basis. Must be really busy which I don't doubt. But if you have thoughts, interests, and respects to players in game at least log in and see what is actually going on yourselves instead of relying completely on players and player reports. Please.
you loser time not shearch






RELEASE THE STOLES OR RIOT!!!!
Pls :(
papy10k wrote: »
Naru2008 wrote: »
papy10k wrote: »
Naru2008 wrote: »
papy10k wrote: »
play with 4 friends and this will never happen

When your friends aren't on 24/7 at the same time you are, nor are your guild mates, you really don't have a choice, so your suggestion is completely non-helpful. [Removed]

deal with it, or solo the boss, RG is ezpc

RG yes. But let's talk about the 4 and 5 star dungeons.

Let's put you in there solo and when you need help let's say "deal with it".

You must be fun at parties.

It's obvious you're a troll, so I won't be entertaining you any further past this point.

bru, just drop out, dungeons aren't special or rewarding anyways.

Neither are your comments, but guess who ain't dropping the topic?
Quote : There will be a TERA PC maintenance on Tuesday (1/11) from 8-11am PST.

Tuesday is 1/09
Thursday is 1/11

EME please ...
Naru2008 wrote: »
papy10k wrote: »
Naru2008 wrote: »
papy10k wrote: »
play with 4 friends and this will never happen

When your friends aren't on 24/7 at the same time you are, nor are your guild mates, you really don't have a choice, so your suggestion is completely non-helpful. [Removed]

deal with it, or solo the boss, RG is ezpc

RG yes. But let's talk about the 4 and 5 star dungeons.

Let's put you in there solo and when you need help let's say "deal with it".

You must be fun at parties.

It's obvious you're a troll, so I won't be entertaining you any further past this point.

bru, just drop out, dungeons aren't special or rewarding anyways.
papy10k wrote: »
Naru2008 wrote: »
papy10k wrote: »
play with 4 friends and this will never happen

When your friends aren't on 24/7 at the same time you are, nor are your guild mates, you really don't have a choice, so your suggestion is completely non-helpful. [Removed]

deal with it, or solo the boss, RG is ezpc

RG yes. But let's talk about the 4 and 5 star dungeons.

Let's put you in there solo and when you need help let's say "deal with it".

You must be fun at parties.

It's obvious you're a troll, so I won't be entertaining you any further past this point.
Naru2008 wrote: »
papy10k wrote: »
play with 4 friends and this will never happen

When your friends aren't on 24/7 at the same time you are, nor are your guild mates, you really don't have a choice, so your suggestion is completely non-helpful. [Removed]

deal with it, or solo the boss, RG is ezpc
papy10k wrote: »
play with 4 friends and this will never happen

When your friends aren't on 24/7 at the same time you are, nor are your guild mates, you really don't have a choice, so your suggestion is completely non-helpful. If you could think before you post, that'd be great, thanks.
play with 4 friends and this will never happen
I hate it when you do a bg or dungeon and you have afk people or they go offline and not return, but I would rather have to deal with that than letter the party leader have absolute kick power. this is one of those no win situations and it would be abused. its a hard fix to do.

This reminds me of the old channelworks runs where there was this kyra event and some players used to queue as two then kick the third player after the last boss was being killed to prevent him from looting his share of kyra shards...

And even without such a situation i think that the force kick would do more harm than help because a lot of players would end up being kicked for even the smallest reason..
I'm against this because anyone can be leader and this would let people potentially disband party to troll and make everyone lose a run. So just drop and do something random those 15 minutes of dropout or log onto your other char and do stuff on that.
instead of being stucked in that party, just leave and get 15 minutes dropout...
people still buy and sell, just not on the forums.
Naru2008 wrote: »
Apparently my race is why I was being "a big cry baby" when all I was asking was "Are you two trolls?" and they start laughing and asking "what drugs are you on".

Trap runs ruin everything, and they're a definite problem. A solution needs to be made in order to combat this, because there are major trolls who take advantage of this.

I've reported them before, and nothing happened to them afaik, but I've reported them again. Get these trolls out of this game, dear god.

If you suspect them to be trolls dont ever do that, it makes things worse.

It is sad to be at the mercy of trolls in-game but sadly they really knows how to [filtered] other without doing anything sanctionable (not until they are catch up with videos and reliable evidence aside from the report).

I hope this can be improved not only on Tera but in all games, my worst experience with trolls have been LoL and in Tera I have the second worst experience with trolls.
Same. Just went offline with a fellow guild mate because of two people from another server in Thaumetal Refinery who wouldn't follow mechanics, and kept dying, and the first boss took (literally) 15 minutes to do. This is ridiculous, because they're both in the same Guild, and they won't obviously kick one another. I advised the 5th person to also go offline and wait for this to kick, because they have no other choice other than to disband or kick us. Apparently my race is why I was being "a big cry baby" when all I was asking was "Are you two trolls?" and they start laughing and asking "what drugs are you on".

Trap runs ruin everything, and they're a definite problem. A solution needs to be made in order to combat this, because there are major trolls who take advantage of this.
I hate it when you do a bg or dungeon and you have afk people or they go offline and not return, but I would rather have to deal with that than letter the party leader have absolute kick power. this is one of those no win situations and it would be abused. its a hard fix to do.
I somewhat agree, and somewhat not too.
It's a very hard subject, as I've also been into situations where the kick system shows it's flaws horribly (when people are in IM and outside of the instance, this crap won't work cause hurr durr muztt be inzide de dungeun), AFKs as you said, offlines, and so goes.

Whoever I've also seen complete manchilds and crybabies with the lead, which would do nothing but boot for grief. That IS what they try, throw tantrums with raid chat, and so goes, and we only get saved from those manure sacks because of the majority system.

Basically, we got two sides to this story (or more....Think of a troll pair or the in-combat trolls forcing combat to not get kicked). The kick system IS flawed, this is no question. I even recall En Masse saying it needs revision (specially inside battlegrounds, the in-combat rule kills the chance to boot trolls ENTIRELY), but I feel like giving some authority override to the leader would bring heavy issues too.

Some revisions could be proposed for the system tho (and pray like maniacs to BHS to do it instead of another lootbox), like:

- Change/remove the in-combat kick rule. I know why it's there, to avoid people booting players right before the looting and keep it all for themselves. But it's the core reason why trolls get by with their trolling, same goes for AFKs and AFK bots, at least revise the system, like BGs disable this;
- Automatic kick for offlines when the kick function is used: say we got 3 offlines out of 5. By majority, how will you do this? Or if last 4th/5th is AFK, it just won't happen? Even tho there's no way to do it?]
- AFK detection on dungeons too, not just BGs, but to allow kicks after 2 min.
Definitly something need to be done in those particular cases.

Why reset the instance when you could have ressed out side and try again?

or do you mean you already tried several times before one got afk and the other off-line?
Currently stuck in a Ravenous-Gorge party with 2 players that died to the second boss. They couldn't revive so i used instance reset. One player logs out and the other guy goes afk. So I am currently in a 3 man party with and offline player and an afk. I cant kick because this game needs a "majority" vote. This game needs force kick if you are party leader. Dumb that I have to get "leaver" penalty when I am the only player in the party....

TheDarkWan wrote: »
Well, looks like this is it for the feedback. Nice responses EME.

These sorts of vision/strategic decisions are many layers above them, would apply to the game worldwide, and would take months/years to be implemented. What sort of further feedback do you expect?

and-then-i-said-thanks-for-the-feedback.jpg
enough said
Svett wrote: »
Tera could be much more popular than it is with just a few changes that would make casuals, PVE, PVP, and hardcore all relatively happy. There are a very limited amount of people that want to play Elins, or female characters.
But this is the niche that supports TERA the most, and has stuck with it through the years. If it were so simple to just make "a few changes" that would dramatically change the game's popularity, I'm quite sure that all the many companies relying on TERA (6 global publishers plus the developer) would have pushed for it by now.

That being said... I really, really hope that all the people pushing so hard for removing gender-lock will make male brawlers a big success. That will be the true test here, and will no doubt inform future decisions. They'll care about the metrics a lot more than any amount of forum threads.

Do not misunderstand what I am typing. The Elin has it's place in the game and is very valuable. I for one do not find anything attractive about them, but also do understand why some would. The game just needs more choice and not forced play.

Offering a male brawler now, is not a true test, as you say IMO. If it was offered originally then you would have true statistical data. people who played a female to end game are most likely not going to make another Brawler, so that would make the test false.

What would be interesting ( they would never do it though) is to offer a free race change potion for 30 days. See what happens then.
People in tera forget that they are just a person sitting behind a desk in a computer or a laptop. Not the character on screen, Is the modern culture,where people always insult in twitter, facebook , instagram etc. Because they never be punished for that. My recommendation is dont be angry or sad, for the toxic players, Keep playing ask in global to find a friendly guild. Tera have a lot of good people who loves to help.
Apologies for the double post, it seems that the topic I posted this in originally is hella dead and gen discussion seems to get muuuuch more attention.

I've never seen such an unwelcoming and toxic community ever since league. What's even more interesting is apparently this game doesn't care enough to even offer a report section. Toxicity is therefore encouraged as there are 0 repercussions. The fact that elitists exist in such large numbers and toxicity like this vvvvv is allowed is terrible. What's even worse is that these players are in fact protected as I am obliged to block out their names. I'm Aoshikai.

KslSay0.png
P0zn5Sv.png
Q7tfdmq.png
YuGZog3.png
JKhI3r1.png

There are several things I would actually like to note

1) I just rejoined TERA last saturday from a 3 year hiatus.
2) Just hit level 65 about 3 days ago
3) I have been forced to relearn the game from scratch as most of the game is very different right now
4) There is no where prior to doing dungeon that explains all of these fine mechanics
5) The fact that there are so many elitists in this game is terrible and it's saddening there isn't a fix for it

Alright now on to my main complaints

Apparently these people automatically assume that the player is supposed to automatically and immediately know everything about the dungeon and the fine math of the game before even playing it. It's a sickening and terrible and toxic assumption, and I've met a large amount of these toxic players (specifically in Ravenous Gorge, as these players can get away with it more because its smaller).

Instead of politely explaining what I'm doing wrong and what to fix, I instead get flamed for it. This isn't the first time I've encountered it and I've just ignored it up until now but this guy would NOT STOP. It was a CONSTANT flame. What's even worse is that he afkd for majority of the dungeon (I was eventually kicked by him after being called more names). It's rude, immature, toxic and unwelcoming. This isn't how a community for a game should be and it's to accepted as there is no possible repercussion ANYWHERE possible. There's not even a mute button. You can't hide chat box without hiding the entire UI. You're forced to see this constant flame.

His buddy joined in a bit as well. It's humiliating to have to go through this. Excuse me if there's NOTHING that explains there's anything else to these dungeons than just killing the boss? Excuse me that there is in fact (surprise surprise) no guide to anything? I've looked on youtube for Valkyrie guides and they're outdated or (according to a disproportionate amount of comments) horribly wrong. And any half made guides that do exist aren't even geared towards fresh level 65s. They usually skip to the part where you apparently have this and that (and don't explain how to get this and that) and are doing this and that with them (and very poor explanations).

I shouldn't have to be punished, humiliated, and discouraged from doing dungeons, or rather, playing the game in general because of these elitists. It's a terrible extremely unfun experience.

However, I do want to learn these mechanics but (again surprise surpsie) there's no guides as far as I see them, and nothing that tells me how much damage I should be outputting, how much I actually am, and what I can do to fix my apparent "trash as f***" dps.

Apparently anyone who knows what they're doing (as far as I have seen personally) are elitist rude boorish toxic and unwelcoming people. The treatment new players get from veteran players is actually terrible from my experience. What they don't realize is that it is "noobs" that are going to keep this game alive, as I'm sure that a lack of new members and a leave of veteran members leads to a decline of ANYTHING.

It's depressing that there are no veteran members that politely tell you these things AT ALL, as they either just stay silent and carry you (which does nothing for you in the long run, give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for life) or flame you without actually telling you . . . anything.

Sorry if this seems rageful but it's severely tilting to have to experience this, and then be kicked out of the dungeon "just because" while he gets to afk, flame and get his loot.
Khatarsis wrote: »
You cannot sell or buy names, read the rules.

Sorry I wasnt aware, edited.
You cannot sell or buy names, read the rules.
I haven't played this game in forever but I still have a few IGNs lying around
If you are interested just hmu or smth
Names:
Uchiha
Zetsu
Kurome
Mackenzie
Eugene
Squidward
Lila
Beth
Groot
Dell
Hipster
You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.