TERA Online forum archive
TERA PC - General Discussion: Guild gathering quests
TERA PC - General Discussion#1 DeadX09/24/2016, 10:00 AM
the reward for these should be MUCH higher. consider,
25 or 20 pp cost depending on if you have felicity or not. 5pp every 5 minutes, and a cap of 4k the most points you can ever use during the quest time limit is 4660 (no recovery pots, base 4k +660 recovery for 11 hours) if you leave an hour out for gathering and if you have maximum points at the beginning.

also, the diffusion in the drop tables for nodes means you won't always get the requested mat. 5 recovery pots on my first run to get 1200 leaving me at quest completion with 956pp. that's WITH felicity. that lovely drop table diffusion...

so that's 233 chances if you have felicity or 186 without...you're going to be buying recovery potions or have to be elite and have a stock pile. even THEN, you won't be doing that quest again the next day (1440 recovery per 24 hours) unless you have that stockpile, have lots of gold or emp to buy recovery pots.

why should anyone even bother to do a quest like that that rewards so little and requires an actual investment in gold or emp to complete? where the [filtered] is the logic there? even if you're attempting to promote sales of the recovery potions...the other quests are far less grindy and you actually gain rewards rather than playing at a loss.

it isn't freaking rocket science eme/bhs. that is one of the worst thought out quests i've seen in any mmo...or single player game. low reward, high investment...with alternatives being faster and reward YOU.

all i can do is /facepalm,

who said you have to complete the quest on your own?
metagame wrote: »
who said you have to complete the quest on your own?

I did a whole quest solo with a full PP bar and 4 crafter's cure. Of course I don't have felicity.
DeadX wrote: »
the reward for these should be MUCH higher. consider,
25 or 20 pp cost depending on if you have felicity or not. 5pp every 5 minutes, and a cap of 4k the most points you can ever use during the quest time limit is 4660 (no recovery pots, base 4k +660 recovery for 11 hours) if you leave an hour out for gathering and if you have maximum points at the beginning.

also, the diffusion in the drop tables for nodes means you won't always get the requested mat. 5 recovery pots on my first run to get 1200 leaving me at quest completion with 956pp. that's WITH felicity. that lovely drop table diffusion...

so that's 233 chances if you have felicity or 186 without...you're going to be buying recovery potions or have to be elite and have a stock pile. even THEN, you won't be doing that quest again the next day (1440 recovery per 24 hours) unless you have that stockpile, have lots of gold or emp to buy recovery pots.

why should anyone even bother to do a quest like that that rewards so little and requires an actual investment in gold or emp to complete? where the [filtered] is the logic there? even if you're attempting to promote sales of the recovery potions...the other quests are far less grindy and you actually gain rewards rather than playing at a loss.

it isn't freaking rocket science eme/bhs. that is one of the worst thought out quests i've seen in any mmo...or single player game. low reward, high investment...with alternatives being faster and reward YOU.

all i can do is /facepalm,

All I can do is facepalm that you expect more from them. The fact that there is even a gathering quest to level up a guild is pretty generous IMO, and you want MORE? I mean this is suppose to level up a guild, a social organization in the game, the fact they put what is essentially non-group content to level up a group benefit is probably far more than you would expect in any other game.
My guild ran two of the gathering quests earlier, we had about five people at a time doing them (some went off, others would get on), was done fairly quickly while we were doing IoD dailies on our own during that. As Draqsko said, a guild is meant to have several people in it working together... that's the point of a guild after all... ;)

One of our newer guildies also was quite happy about the bunch of gold he made from selling the rarer stuff like scarabs and so on.
TERA PC - General Discussion#5 DeadX09/24/2016, 12:21 PM
@TomRipley and @metagame
don't try and BS me. been playing too long. nodes don't regenerate all that fast so you either move on or change channels. also last i teamed and there was gathering involved...distance mattered. too far away no sharing. and in what way EXACTLY does any of that refute my points eh?

main one being the reward for time or other investments vs doing instances and BG's and actually get greater rewards. hmm? hmm?

@Draqsko your luck, which is exactly what it is when drop tables are rng is irrelevant. and you don't seem to understand simple math son. you INVEST more gathering...as you showed with one less recovery that i had...but you still invested when you COULD have ran instances/bg's and get rewarded rather than spending resources in what deranged world is losing > than gaining eh? whether it be time, gold, or emp. you gain more from the instances in a shorter amount of time than the gathering.

investment doesn't match reward when compared to the alternatives...pretty fracking simple equation.
DeadX wrote: »
don't try and BS me. been playing too long. nodes don't regenerate all that fast so you either move on or change channels. also last i teamed and there was gathering involved...distance mattered. too far away no sharing. and in what way EXACTLY does any of that refute my points eh?

This is a quest, you don't need to gather at the same time, in the same zone, on the same channel or anything like that. Whenever one guild member picks up 7 fibers, those are counted towards the quest regardless of whether anyone else is even gathering. It refutes your points because GUILD quests were meant to be done by a GUILD not by a player. You choose to do them all by yourself, that's on you. Deal with it.
main one being the reward for time or other investments vs doing instances and BG's and actually get greater rewards. hmm? hmm?

Then do dungeons and BGs, nobody's stopping you. Gathering quests are there as a little mercy towards casual and alt guilds that might not have the manpower to complete other quests.
investment doesn't match reward when compared to the alternatives...pretty fracking simple equation.

That's...your opinion. I find the rewards quite reasonable compared to the "effort" required and, in certain cases, the time.
TERA PC - General Discussion#7 Laemie09/24/2016, 12:51 PM
Obviously the quest isnt for someone salty like you - Sorry to say that because the game isnt even forcing you to do that quest but youre still complaining (Not to say youre even raging over something youre not forced to do), the quest is fun to do it once in awhile.

I did that yesterday with my Guild, we had alot of laugh because that was the first time we had 5 ppl gathering at once and seeing those messages popped up was pretty fun seeing ppl working with each other. It was fun, we started with 2 and then 3 ppl came and did it (Because only 2 online when we started), took a few screenshots while we were doing so.

When we finished we gathered up and took a few shots to remember that day as well "GATHERING STATIC HAR HAR", you need to find a way to have fun in a game, not finding its faults and rage at it. Dont call other ppl "son" because the last sentence of mine says pretty much everything. And we were all happy to use our 90809809809 crafter's cures.

You say "why do this when you can run dungeon?", what my GM said yesterday when she accepted that quest was "Yeah, im kinda tired of seeing pirate Naga now", pretty much alot of us were feeling the same way.

Screenshots:
T8Taf8K.jpg
soDQKu8.jpg
WsPFWIl.jpg
DeadX wrote: »
@TomRipley and @metagame
don't try and BS me. been playing too long. nodes don't regenerate all that fast so you either move on or change channels. also last i teamed and there was gathering involved...distance mattered. too far away no sharing. and in what way EXACTLY does any of that refute my points eh?

main one being the reward for time or other investments vs doing instances and BG's and actually get greater rewards. hmm? hmm?

@Draqsko your luck, which is exactly what it is when drop tables are rng is irrelevant. and you don't seem to understand simple math son. you INVEST more gathering...as you showed with one less recovery that i had...but you still invested when you COULD have ran instances/bg's and get rewarded rather than spending resources in what deranged world is losing > than gaining eh? whether it be time, gold, or emp. you gain more from the instances in a shorter amount of time than the gathering.

investment doesn't match reward when compared to the alternatives...pretty fracking simple equation.

It took me 2 hours to complete and I have a ton of stockpiled cures. I could do one every day solo for 3 weeks straight. I also did it while waiting for Corsairs to pop, so it's not like I could have done anything else like dungeons otherwise I'd never have gotten the CS pops I wanted to do.
My guild (6 members online ATM) completes these quests in 5-10mins, you dont need to do it by yourself, the main goal is to do it together with your guildies.
TERA PC - General Discussion#10 DeadX09/24/2016, 04:38 PM
fact: an instance costs you NOTHING but some time. no PP, no extra gold/emp even if you instance match with randoms. in fact you GAIN from loot drops as well as guild rewards and VG rewards.

so tell me once again how that's even remotely comparable to a task that does cost you? hmm? then there's this little fact that not everyone plays at peak times, nor does every guild have a ton of members.

i have YET to see anything that negates the fact that the cost of the gathering quests is greater than the alternatives. it's like you have your collective heads shoved up...fill in the blanks.

cost vs zero cost. why is that so difficult? did tera suddenly gather white knights when i wasn't paying attention? ignore the facts and make excuses for a mechanic that is nowhere near close to on par with alternatives. yeah, that makes complete logical sense...hope none of you ever run a business, you'd be giving customers more money than they paid to you as change by your logic.
TERA PC - General Discussion#11 Choaru09/24/2016, 05:10 PM
I feel like this argument is going to go absolutely no where...but... *brings out popcorn*
Anyways wanna join?

Anyways, I understand that the rewards given do not match up with what was put into completing the quest. it seems unfair tbh
But Honestly though...if the gathering quests are ruffling your feathers, then do not do them T.T
For smaller guilds there are easier dungeons to run, and quite frankly, I feel like the gatherings quests were put in just so people could have things to do while waiting for a que, friends.. Etc

Don't you gather stuff anyway, regardless if it's for a quest or not? I've been gathering on multiple accounts for over a year anyway, this is an extra gain for me.

And doing it with 4or 5 people it's fast and cheap.

Also, not only those are way easier than doing a hard mode dungeon (something has to compensate), they also give you more contribution.

Also, whatever mat not needed for the quest, has way more value. Etching/brooch stuff sells fast at the broker.
DeadX wrote: »
@TomRipley and @metagame
don't try and BS me. been playing too long. nodes don't regenerate all that fast so you either move on or change channels. also last i teamed and there was gathering involved...distance mattered. too far away no sharing. and in what way EXACTLY does any of that refute my points eh?

main one being the reward for time or other investments vs doing instances and BG's and actually get greater rewards. hmm? hmm?

No one was trying to BS you. You asked why someone would do a quest like this and got plenty of valid answers from people here. You asked how about your other points, and I haven't seen any post arguing against them. Yet you call BS and whiteknighting. Some anger issues there?

I have four 65ers and grind some IoD quests each day to get to rewards tier 7 atm, got three Felicities, so I gather anyway.

If you feel there's guild quests that suit you better, then do those, simple as that. It has been pointed out already that no one is forcing you to do the gathering quests.

My guildies and me had some fun chatting during the minutes we spent on those quests ("Oh no, not another useless God's Tear!"). Admittedly if you solo those quests I imagine your conversations might have been a bit more one sided and boring. ;)
There's literally nothing to spend on PP though; all I can think of crafting is VM gear, brooch, refining, oils, alchemy and etching... but the only thing that's most likely to be spending PP on is etching and alchemy. Then there are several people who have an abundance of crafter's cures from elite boxes too.

I enjoy gathering quest and it's a good thing for the guild too since it has so much Contribution point potential for all guild members unlike dungeons which is kinda limited by the people who were able to run it.

I can't say my guild had fun or something because we didn't chat on guild chat (probably they were chatting in voice channel though) but when I know I need raw materials, especially goblu essence for mana potions, I can just ask them for those.

anyways, good news for people like you, because they are cutting it down by a lot-- too much, imo.
Guild Mission’s Objectives have been changed

Dungeon -Small -Reduced from 5 to 3 clears
Dungeon -Medium -Reduced from 15 to 9 clears
Dungeon -Large -Reduced from 25 to 15 clears
Battleground -Small -Reduced from 5 to 3 Victories
Battleground -Medium -Reduced from 15 to 9 Victories
Battleground -Large -Reduced from 25 to 15 Victories
Gather -Small (Single Item) -Reduced from 1200 to 480 items
Gather -Small (Multiple Items) -Reduced from 400 to 160 items
Gather -Large (Multiple Items) -Reduced from 1200 to 480 items
Source: http://www.essentialmana.com/news/728-2/
TERA PC - General Discussion#15 DeadX09/26/2016, 10:33 AM
There's literally nothing to spend on PP though; all I can think of crafting is VM gear, brooch, refining, oils, alchemy and etching... but the only thing that's most likely to be spending PP on is etching and alchemy. Then there are several people who have an abundance of crafter's cures from elite boxes too.

I enjoy gathering quest and it's a good thing for the guild too since it has so much Contribution point potential for all guild members unlike dungeons which is kinda limited by the people who were able to run it.

I can't say my guild had fun or something because we didn't chat on guild chat (probably they were chatting in voice channel though) but when I know I need raw materials, especially goblu essence for mana potions, I can just ask them for those.

anyways, good news for people like you, because they are cutting it down by a lot-- too much, imo.
Guild Mission’s Objectives have been changed

Dungeon -Small -Reduced from 5 to 3 clears
Dungeon -Medium -Reduced from 15 to 9 clears
Dungeon -Large -Reduced from 25 to 15 clears
Battleground -Small -Reduced from 5 to 3 Victories
Battleground -Medium -Reduced from 15 to 9 Victories
Battleground -Large -Reduced from 25 to 15 Victories
Gather -Small (Single Item) -Reduced from 1200 to 480 items
Gather -Small (Multiple Items) -Reduced from 400 to 160 items
Gather -Large (Multiple Items) -Reduced from 1200 to 480 items
Source: http://www.essentialmana.com/news/728-2/

i have over 500 elite crafters cures...that wasn't the point. no other quest requires you to spend and since there was comparisons with the other quests that was definitive that gathering costs more for around the same reward than doing the other quests.

@ the rest. valid answers? no. you posted how you yourselves did it, that doesn't refute the main point at all. it still cost you whereas running a BG or dungeon doesn't, you gain in all ways from those quests. cost in time being removed from that cost.

but glad to see they're changing it. thanks for that post Idi0ticGenius.
DeadX wrote: »
There's literally nothing to spend on PP though; all I can think of crafting is VM gear, brooch, refining, oils, alchemy and etching... but the only thing that's most likely to be spending PP on is etching and alchemy. Then there are several people who have an abundance of crafter's cures from elite boxes too.

I enjoy gathering quest and it's a good thing for the guild too since it has so much Contribution point potential for all guild members unlike dungeons which is kinda limited by the people who were able to run it.

I can't say my guild had fun or something because we didn't chat on guild chat (probably they were chatting in voice channel though) but when I know I need raw materials, especially goblu essence for mana potions, I can just ask them for those.

anyways, good news for people like you, because they are cutting it down by a lot-- too much, imo.
Guild Mission’s Objectives have been changed

Dungeon -Small -Reduced from 5 to 3 clears
Dungeon -Medium -Reduced from 15 to 9 clears
Dungeon -Large -Reduced from 25 to 15 clears
Battleground -Small -Reduced from 5 to 3 Victories
Battleground -Medium -Reduced from 15 to 9 Victories
Battleground -Large -Reduced from 25 to 15 Victories
Gather -Small (Single Item) -Reduced from 1200 to 480 items
Gather -Small (Multiple Items) -Reduced from 400 to 160 items
Gather -Large (Multiple Items) -Reduced from 1200 to 480 items
Source: http://www.essentialmana.com/news/728-2/

i have over 500 elite crafters cures...that wasn't the point. no other quest requires you to spend and since there was comparisons with the other quests that was definitive that gathering costs more for around the same reward than doing the other quests.

@ the rest. valid answers? no. you posted how you yourselves did it, that doesn't refute the main point at all. it still cost you whereas running a BG or dungeon doesn't, you gain in all ways from those quests. cost in time being removed from that cost.

but glad to see they're changing it. thanks for that post Idi0ticGenius.

It costs you PP, sure. But it requires no effort, no gear, no skill, no experience, no other people available at the same time, not consumables or crystals, no queue times, no win requirement. And those quests are always available. For investing nothing but time and PP(which also costs you nothing), you gain guild levels and some gold, in certain cases even more gold than you'd get from the alternatives.
TERA PC - General Discussion#17 Draqsko09/26/2016, 11:34 AM
TWMagimay wrote: »
DeadX wrote: »
There's literally nothing to spend on PP though; all I can think of crafting is VM gear, brooch, refining, oils, alchemy and etching... but the only thing that's most likely to be spending PP on is etching and alchemy. Then there are several people who have an abundance of crafter's cures from elite boxes too.

I enjoy gathering quest and it's a good thing for the guild too since it has so much Contribution point potential for all guild members unlike dungeons which is kinda limited by the people who were able to run it.

I can't say my guild had fun or something because we didn't chat on guild chat (probably they were chatting in voice channel though) but when I know I need raw materials, especially goblu essence for mana potions, I can just ask them for those.

anyways, good news for people like you, because they are cutting it down by a lot-- too much, imo.
Guild Mission’s Objectives have been changed

Dungeon -Small -Reduced from 5 to 3 clears
Dungeon -Medium -Reduced from 15 to 9 clears
Dungeon -Large -Reduced from 25 to 15 clears
Battleground -Small -Reduced from 5 to 3 Victories
Battleground -Medium -Reduced from 15 to 9 Victories
Battleground -Large -Reduced from 25 to 15 Victories
Gather -Small (Single Item) -Reduced from 1200 to 480 items
Gather -Small (Multiple Items) -Reduced from 400 to 160 items
Gather -Large (Multiple Items) -Reduced from 1200 to 480 items
Source: http://www.essentialmana.com/news/728-2/

i have over 500 elite crafters cures...that wasn't the point. no other quest requires you to spend and since there was comparisons with the other quests that was definitive that gathering costs more for around the same reward than doing the other quests.

@ the rest. valid answers? no. you posted how you yourselves did it, that doesn't refute the main point at all. it still cost you whereas running a BG or dungeon doesn't, you gain in all ways from those quests. cost in time being removed from that cost.

but glad to see they're changing it. thanks for that post Idi0ticGenius.

It costs you PP, sure. But it requires no effort, no gear, no skill, no experience, no other people available at the same time, not consumables or crystals, no queue times, no win requirement. And those quests are always available. For investing nothing but time and PP(which also costs you nothing), you gain guild levels and some gold, in certain cases even more gold than you'd get from the alternatives.

You forgot to add that it is also the only type of quest you can do from level 60 (when you can access the areas the mats are in). All the rest require that you be 65 to enter those dungeons or battlegrounds.
TERA PC - General Discussion#18 DeadX09/26/2016, 11:37 AM
TWMagimay wrote: »
DeadX wrote: »
There's literally nothing to spend on PP though; all I can think of crafting is VM gear, brooch, refining, oils, alchemy and etching... but the only thing that's most likely to be spending PP on is etching and alchemy. Then there are several people who have an abundance of crafter's cures from elite boxes too.

I enjoy gathering quest and it's a good thing for the guild too since it has so much Contribution point potential for all guild members unlike dungeons which is kinda limited by the people who were able to run it.

I can't say my guild had fun or something because we didn't chat on guild chat (probably they were chatting in voice channel though) but when I know I need raw materials, especially goblu essence for mana potions, I can just ask them for those.

anyways, good news for people like you, because they are cutting it down by a lot-- too much, imo.
Guild Mission’s Objectives have been changed

Dungeon -Small -Reduced from 5 to 3 clears
Dungeon -Medium -Reduced from 15 to 9 clears
Dungeon -Large -Reduced from 25 to 15 clears
Battleground -Small -Reduced from 5 to 3 Victories
Battleground -Medium -Reduced from 15 to 9 Victories
Battleground -Large -Reduced from 25 to 15 Victories
Gather -Small (Single Item) -Reduced from 1200 to 480 items
Gather -Small (Multiple Items) -Reduced from 400 to 160 items
Gather -Large (Multiple Items) -Reduced from 1200 to 480 items
Source: http://www.essentialmana.com/news/728-2/

i have over 500 elite crafters cures...that wasn't the point. no other quest requires you to spend and since there was comparisons with the other quests that was definitive that gathering costs more for around the same reward than doing the other quests.

@ the rest. valid answers? no. you posted how you yourselves did it, that doesn't refute the main point at all. it still cost you whereas running a BG or dungeon doesn't, you gain in all ways from those quests. cost in time being removed from that cost.

but glad to see they're changing it. thanks for that post Idi0ticGenius.

It costs you PP, sure. But it requires no effort, no gear, no skill, no experience, no other people available at the same time, not consumables or crystals, no queue times, no win requirement. And those quests are always available. For investing nothing but time and PP(which also costs you nothing), you gain guild levels and some gold, in certain cases even more gold than you'd get from the alternatives.

wrong, try doing ta gathering quest solo and get back to me with 'it costs nothing'. when you can do the BG's and dungeons essentially solo through instance matching. you don't need to find party members as the game does it for you. and check the first post since it's obvious you are unaware of the costs. you CANNOT complete the gathering quests as they are without using crafters cures. whereas any of the dungeon/BG quests can be completed without costing you anything...why is this such a difficult concept?
TERA PC - General Discussion#19 Draqsko09/26/2016, 11:49 AM
DeadX wrote: »
TWMagimay wrote: »
DeadX wrote: »
There's literally nothing to spend on PP though; all I can think of crafting is VM gear, brooch, refining, oils, alchemy and etching... but the only thing that's most likely to be spending PP on is etching and alchemy. Then there are several people who have an abundance of crafter's cures from elite boxes too.

I enjoy gathering quest and it's a good thing for the guild too since it has so much Contribution point potential for all guild members unlike dungeons which is kinda limited by the people who were able to run it.

I can't say my guild had fun or something because we didn't chat on guild chat (probably they were chatting in voice channel though) but when I know I need raw materials, especially goblu essence for mana potions, I can just ask them for those.

anyways, good news for people like you, because they are cutting it down by a lot-- too much, imo.
Guild Mission’s Objectives have been changed

Dungeon -Small -Reduced from 5 to 3 clears
Dungeon -Medium -Reduced from 15 to 9 clears
Dungeon -Large -Reduced from 25 to 15 clears
Battleground -Small -Reduced from 5 to 3 Victories
Battleground -Medium -Reduced from 15 to 9 Victories
Battleground -Large -Reduced from 25 to 15 Victories
Gather -Small (Single Item) -Reduced from 1200 to 480 items
Gather -Small (Multiple Items) -Reduced from 400 to 160 items
Gather -Large (Multiple Items) -Reduced from 1200 to 480 items
Source: http://www.essentialmana.com/news/728-2/

i have over 500 elite crafters cures...that wasn't the point. no other quest requires you to spend and since there was comparisons with the other quests that was definitive that gathering costs more for around the same reward than doing the other quests.

@ the rest. valid answers? no. you posted how you yourselves did it, that doesn't refute the main point at all. it still cost you whereas running a BG or dungeon doesn't, you gain in all ways from those quests. cost in time being removed from that cost.

but glad to see they're changing it. thanks for that post Idi0ticGenius.

It costs you PP, sure. But it requires no effort, no gear, no skill, no experience, no other people available at the same time, not consumables or crystals, no queue times, no win requirement. And those quests are always available. For investing nothing but time and PP(which also costs you nothing), you gain guild levels and some gold, in certain cases even more gold than you'd get from the alternatives.

wrong, try doing ta gathering quest solo and get back to me with 'it costs nothing'. when you can do the BG's and dungeons essentially solo through instance matching. you don't need to find party members as the game does it for you. and check the first post since it's obvious you are unaware of the costs. you CANNOT complete the gathering quests as they are without using crafters cures. whereas any of the dungeon/BG quests can be completed without costing you anything...why is this such a difficult concept?

Your problem is that you keep equating doing the gathering quests with costing you dungeon/battleground entries, it doesn't. It costs you PP, what else are you spending those PP on? You keep all the mats you gather, so where is it actually costing you considering you can sell those mats? With 4 elite cures, you can have 8k PP and do the whole quest solo, selling the mats, while queuing for battlegrounds/dungeons or hunting bams on IOD. Where does that cost you anything when you get a cure every day just for subscribing to the game?
TERA PC - General Discussion#20 Ves197809/26/2016, 11:58 AM
with attitude like this no wonder you have to do guild quests alone....your guildmate(s) are probably your alts :D
DeadX wrote: »
TWMagimay wrote: »
DeadX wrote: »
There's literally nothing to spend on PP though; all I can think of crafting is VM gear, brooch, refining, oils, alchemy and etching... but the only thing that's most likely to be spending PP on is etching and alchemy. Then there are several people who have an abundance of crafter's cures from elite boxes too.

I enjoy gathering quest and it's a good thing for the guild too since it has so much Contribution point potential for all guild members unlike dungeons which is kinda limited by the people who were able to run it.

I can't say my guild had fun or something because we didn't chat on guild chat (probably they were chatting in voice channel though) but when I know I need raw materials, especially goblu essence for mana potions, I can just ask them for those.

anyways, good news for people like you, because they are cutting it down by a lot-- too much, imo.
Guild Mission’s Objectives have been changed

Dungeon -Small -Reduced from 5 to 3 clears
Dungeon -Medium -Reduced from 15 to 9 clears
Dungeon -Large -Reduced from 25 to 15 clears
Battleground -Small -Reduced from 5 to 3 Victories
Battleground -Medium -Reduced from 15 to 9 Victories
Battleground -Large -Reduced from 25 to 15 Victories
Gather -Small (Single Item) -Reduced from 1200 to 480 items
Gather -Small (Multiple Items) -Reduced from 400 to 160 items
Gather -Large (Multiple Items) -Reduced from 1200 to 480 items
Source: http://www.essentialmana.com/news/728-2/

i have over 500 elite crafters cures...that wasn't the point. no other quest requires you to spend and since there was comparisons with the other quests that was definitive that gathering costs more for around the same reward than doing the other quests.

@ the rest. valid answers? no. you posted how you yourselves did it, that doesn't refute the main point at all. it still cost you whereas running a BG or dungeon doesn't, you gain in all ways from those quests. cost in time being removed from that cost.

but glad to see they're changing it. thanks for that post Idi0ticGenius.

It costs you PP, sure. But it requires no effort, no gear, no skill, no experience, no other people available at the same time, not consumables or crystals, no queue times, no win requirement. And those quests are always available. For investing nothing but time and PP(which also costs you nothing), you gain guild levels and some gold, in certain cases even more gold than you'd get from the alternatives.

wrong, try doing ta gathering quest solo and get back to me with 'it costs nothing'. when you can do the BG's and dungeons essentially solo through instance matching. you don't need to find party members as the game does it for you. and check the first post since it's obvious you are unaware of the costs. you CANNOT complete the gathering quests as they are without using crafters cures. whereas any of the dungeon/BG quests can be completed without costing you anything...why is this such a difficult concept?

1. A guild quest is supposed to be done by a GUILD, not by one person. Why is this such a difficult concept? You are practically complaining that the game makes it hard for you to exploit.
2. Gathering quests are optional. Don't like them? Don't do them.
3. You also can't complete the dungeon quests alone without using a reset scroll(or even multiple reset scrolls).
4. The BGs on the quest list are between need-gear and 30min-or-never to get in.
Not all guilds are made up of a lv65 (or even lv60) majority, as is mine. Four crafter's cures later and with help from another guild member I finally finished a Small Gathering Quest of 400 of each gather category on tier 6 (cobala/pilka/goblu). It can be done but without help it'll cost you somehow.

The points to make are these.
  • All guild quests require lv65 with very minor exception (gather quests, still require tier 6 gathering though). This has the effect of severely halting or delaying the progression of a guild's level, and in turn, their offering. Perhaps this is intentional; that is, perhaps their idea is that guilds welcoming new or <60-65 players are meant to not be able to work on their guild offerings (levels & associated skills) until a decent number of lv65s rise up. If that is the case, the system is setup quite perfectly. The issue here is there is little incentive to make guilds for welcoming new people without a stable and decently sized base of lv65s already in a guild (dissuading, say, a lv40 and their friends from making a guild, for example.
  • If you have few lv65s in your guild, don't do gather quests. They aren't worth it. You can even do Channelworks for a quest, which is pretty easy. If you lack enough lv65s, you will need to instance reset to complete the dungeons. Considering the cooldown on a single reset scroll is 5 hours, and the time given to complete is 12 hours, you have theoretically 2 reset chances, which even allows for one of your clear attempts to fail. It does take time but it's possible.
  • Should there be other kinds of quests, that allow for a mix of levels, and smaller guilds? I do think so. Balancing multilevel involvement with, say, lower guild xp gained would be a fair compromise. What such quests would entail I'm not sure, but there is a lot things to find and do in Tera.

It comes down to what those responsible for the guild system mechanics want guilds to be made of, what their goals should be, and what an ideal guild looks like. At the moment such a guild has a stable, active, sizable base of lv65 players that can work as a group to use resources/time/etc to finish quests together. I do think this ignores those still leveling, and I don't think ignoring that ...issue... is a great idea.

For now, the best thing to do is just do what you can, get a solid idea of what you want your guild to stand for and be, and get to growing. I don't see the focus on max level players going away any time soon.
TERA PC - General Discussion#23 DeadX09/26/2016, 10:24 PM
Draqsko wrote: »
DeadX wrote: »
TWMagimay wrote: »
DeadX wrote: »
There's literally nothing to spend on PP though; all I can think of crafting is VM gear, brooch, refining, oils, alchemy and etching... but the only thing that's most likely to be spending PP on is etching and alchemy. Then there are several people who have an abundance of crafter's cures from elite boxes too.

I enjoy gathering quest and it's a good thing for the guild too since it has so much Contribution point potential for all guild members unlike dungeons which is kinda limited by the people who were able to run it.

I can't say my guild had fun or something because we didn't chat on guild chat (probably they were chatting in voice channel though) but when I know I need raw materials, especially goblu essence for mana potions, I can just ask them for those.

anyways, good news for people like you, because they are cutting it down by a lot-- too much, imo.
Guild Mission’s Objectives have been changed

Dungeon -Small -Reduced from 5 to 3 clears
Dungeon -Medium -Reduced from 15 to 9 clears
Dungeon -Large -Reduced from 25 to 15 clears
Battleground -Small -Reduced from 5 to 3 Victories
Battleground -Medium -Reduced from 15 to 9 Victories
Battleground -Large -Reduced from 25 to 15 Victories
Gather -Small (Single Item) -Reduced from 1200 to 480 items
Gather -Small (Multiple Items) -Reduced from 400 to 160 items
Gather -Large (Multiple Items) -Reduced from 1200 to 480 items
Source: http://www.essentialmana.com/news/728-2/

i have over 500 elite crafters cures...that wasn't the point. no other quest requires you to spend and since there was comparisons with the other quests that was definitive that gathering costs more for around the same reward than doing the other quests.

@ the rest. valid answers? no. you posted how you yourselves did it, that doesn't refute the main point at all. it still cost you whereas running a BG or dungeon doesn't, you gain in all ways from those quests. cost in time being removed from that cost.

but glad to see they're changing it. thanks for that post Idi0ticGenius.

It costs you PP, sure. But it requires no effort, no gear, no skill, no experience, no other people available at the same time, not consumables or crystals, no queue times, no win requirement. And those quests are always available. For investing nothing but time and PP(which also costs you nothing), you gain guild levels and some gold, in certain cases even more gold than you'd get from the alternatives.

wrong, try doing ta gathering quest solo and get back to me with 'it costs nothing'. when you can do the BG's and dungeons essentially solo through instance matching. you don't need to find party members as the game does it for you. and check the first post since it's obvious you are unaware of the costs. you CANNOT complete the gathering quests as they are without using crafters cures. whereas any of the dungeon/BG quests can be completed without costing you anything...why is this such a difficult concept?

Your problem is that you keep equating doing the gathering quests with costing you dungeon/battleground entries, it doesn't. It costs you PP, what else are you spending those PP on? You keep all the mats you gather, so where is it actually costing you considering you can sell those mats? With 4 elite cures, you can have 8k PP and do the whole quest solo, selling the mats, while queuing for battlegrounds/dungeons or hunting bams on IOD. Where does that cost you anything when you get a cure every day just for subscribing to the game?

uh...you CAN equate the other guild quests...in fact it's required since the goal of all guild quests is to earn for the guild...did you even bother to think that before you posted? O.o further, VG quests have had the same comparisons by other players. though in that case it was what could be earned vs difficulty.

when you have a system that rewards you about the same amount even though the method varies it IS comparable. in the case of the guild quests you get a much greater reward only doing BG's and instances than doing gathering. and the gathering quests you take a net loss so the reward for BG's/quests is magnitudes greater because of that.

4-5 recovery pots per gathering quest, that's COST. if i had to buy them that would be a VERY HIGH COST. what other quest requires you to spend gold to complete it? hmm? NONE. idgaf how you think they should be done because fact is you don't have to group with a single soul for BG's/dungeons because of the games IM system or grabbing a random lfg. so essentially solo to earn guild points by that method. whereas the gathering? nope.

but hey, as idioticgenius posted, they've already changed it so all this is moot. so there was evidently some validity to my points that BHS had already reworked them.
DeadX wrote: »
what other quest requires you to spend gold to complete it? hmm? NONE. .

Except all the dungeon quests. You really are very stupid, aren't you?
TERA PC - General Discussion#25 Xaera09/26/2016, 11:22 PM
Personally, I'd just like it to say each when that's what it means. Because right now, the ones that want you to get some of each could just as easily mean total.
TERA PC - General Discussion#26 DeadX09/26/2016, 11:55 PM
TWMagimay wrote: »
DeadX wrote: »
what other quest requires you to spend gold to complete it? hmm? NONE. .

Except all the dungeon quests. You really are very stupid, aren't you?

really? i've never spent gold doing instances...if you do that would make you the idiot now wouldn't it? in fact, i profit...fancy that...you must be doing something horribly wrong if you have a net loss running instances...seriously.
Why are sub-lvl 60s even worrying about guild quests o.O they should be leveling instead. Level 40 was given as an example, instead of worrying about guild levels (which get them what? A couple power or crit from skills?) They can spend a couple hours running dungeons and get to level 60.

I guess I can see why you are upset at them offering an afk guild quest, but you guys calling it unfair still have not given a valid argument for why it should be done by one person when it's a GUILD quest meant to be done by a GUILD. Which by definition is a group of people.
TERA PC - General Discussion#28 Aulon09/27/2016, 01:02 AM
There's literally nothing to spend on PP though; all I can think of crafting is VM gear, brooch, refining, oils, alchemy and etching... but the only thing that's most likely to be spending PP on is etching and alchemy. Then there are several people who have an abundance of crafter's cures from elite boxes too.

I enjoy gathering quest and it's a good thing for the guild too since it has so much Contribution point potential for all guild members unlike dungeons which is kinda limited by the people who were able to run it.

I can't say my guild had fun or something because we didn't chat on guild chat (probably they were chatting in voice channel though) but when I know I need raw materials, especially goblu essence for mana potions, I can just ask them for those.

anyways, good news for people like you, because they are cutting it down by a lot-- too much, imo.
Guild Mission’s Objectives have been changed

Dungeon -Small -Reduced from 5 to 3 clears
Dungeon -Medium -Reduced from 15 to 9 clears
Dungeon -Large -Reduced from 25 to 15 clears
Battleground -Small -Reduced from 5 to 3 Victories
Battleground -Medium -Reduced from 15 to 9 Victories
Battleground -Large -Reduced from 25 to 15 Victories
Gather -Small (Single Item) -Reduced from 1200 to 480 items
Gather -Small (Multiple Items) -Reduced from 400 to 160 items
Gather -Large (Multiple Items) -Reduced from 1200 to 480 items
Source: http://www.essentialmana.com/news/728-2/

Like it how it is, how we can que a quest and it gets the guild active, no matter what the quest. It gives us a REASON as a guild to do things together, something TERA is missing. It gives us a reason to be socail. I can que a quest and POOF people fight to run or gather, it the first sign of me smiling while playing TERA in a long time seeing people cooperate for a common goal.
TERA PC - General Discussion#29 Eloquenx09/27/2016, 01:22 AM
I don't know what's wrong with the OP. Why didnt he do with his guildies together as a guild quest. If you have 5 people in a party gathering a node together, the quest can be done so much faster and also as bonus, 5 people on a node is plenty hilarious which provides a good laugh everytime. It's not like you need a lot of pp on the quest if you can manage to get 4 more person in a party with you.
TERA PC - General Discussion#30 DeadX09/27/2016, 02:19 AM
Eloquenx wrote: »
I don't know what's wrong with the OP. Why didnt he do with his guildies together as a guild quest. If you have 5 people in a party gathering a node together, the quest can be done so much faster and also as bonus, 5 people on a node is plenty hilarious which provides a good laugh everytime. It's not like you need a lot of pp on the quest if you can manage to get 4 more person in a party with you.

why don't you read the whole thread then you'd understand...ffs, a post without reading a [filtered] thing. why even bother? covered everything you asked...not going to again.
DeadX wrote: »
fact: an instance costs you NOTHING but some time. no PP, no extra gold/emp even if you instance match with randoms. in fact you GAIN from loot drops as well as guild rewards and VG rewards.

so tell me once again how that's even remotely comparable to a task that does cost you? hmm? then there's this little fact that not everyone plays at peak times, nor does every guild have a ton of members.

i have YET to see anything that negates the fact that the cost of the gathering quests is greater than the alternatives. it's like you have your collective heads shoved up...fill in the blanks.

cost vs zero cost. why is that so difficult? did tera suddenly gather white knights when i wasn't paying attention? ignore the facts and make excuses for a mechanic that is nowhere near close to on par with alternatives. yeah, that makes complete logical sense...hope none of you ever run a business, you'd be giving customers more money than they paid to you as change by your logic.

Which is why you get contribution points for every single mat you pick up. My gatherer has maxed her contribution points in just two shared quests, but none of my alts have come close to maxing points from running dungeons. When/if money is distributed, she will fare better than my alts. The cost/no cost thing is acknowledged in how your contribution is recognized. Personally, I find it fair--but that's just my opinion.

I was just relieved to discover that maxing your contribution points does not prevent you from continuing to help the quest succeed.
TERA PC - General Discussion#32 cvms309/27/2016, 02:45 AM
I'm a reward focused player and from my POV doing dungeons have a cost in both time and gold in terms of gear. To me AFK felicity has a lot of money potential, you can do it every patch and all you have is the initial cost then everything is profit after you break even. For dungeons, it's an investment each new patch to update your gear so you can farm money.

Like others have mentioned, this isn't a individual vanguard quest. It's a guild quest, designed to be completed by multiple players and designed to benefit the guild more than the individuals completing the quest.
DeadX wrote: »
really? i've never spent gold doing instances...

Most people spend gold in crystals, ccbs, etchings and mats to enchant or reroll the gear they need to do instances as well as spending gold or real money to have elite and get those craters cures everyday doesn't this mean that at some point both quests cost money? Or am I missing something here? Also if you are saying that you can solo the dungeon quests you only have 4 entries a day if you have elite which means you have to spend a reset scroll to run the last one and finish the quest, again am I not seeing something that you obviously can?
DeadX wrote: »
TWMagimay wrote: »
DeadX wrote: »
what other quest requires you to spend gold to complete it? hmm? NONE. .

Except all the dungeon quests. You really are very stupid, aren't you?

really? i've never spent gold doing instances...if you do that would make you the idiot now wouldn't it? in fact, i profit...fancy that...you must be doing something horribly wrong if you have a net loss running instances...seriously.

Since you keep talking about doing the quests alone, consider how you'd do 5 x 5 dungeon runs alone without using reset scrolls or investing in gear for a bunch of alts.
TERA PC - General Discussion#35 Yamazuki09/27/2016, 09:04 AM
You could just use alternate accounts and gather with them at once, assuming you're good with alt tabbing and such.
Are u kidding? We are being forced, make no mistake. I will not force my guild members to waste their time doing guild missions if they are grinding a certain dungeon or lvling a character. This is my new experience so far, I used to play for fun and now I'm looking at non guild players with new perspective. The new perspective is that I want to use them to lvl my guild "which is sick" i don't want to think like that I just want to have fun playing the game and why is the guild banks unlock at lvl 30? those should be unlockable at lvl 1. They were taken from us and are urgently needed for any guild. to get them back should have been instant. been almost a week and my guild is at lvl 4 so in 8 weeks of total devotion to guild quests my guild will unlock 1 bank slot?
TheDarkWan wrote: »
been almost a week and my guild is at lvl 4 so in 8 weeks of total devotion to guild quests my guild will unlock 1 bank slot?

Doing 1-2 quests a day is far from "total devotion".
Op makes it sound as if he is alone doing it, that is, his bank guild, and complains that is expensive to keep it up doing gatherings alone.

And no offense but, not investing on consumables for dungeon runs, saying it's free... Sounds like the average carried one that makes the run be long.
DeadX wrote: »
really? i've never spent gold doing instances...

Most people spend gold in crystals, ccbs, etchings and mats to enchant or reroll the gear they need to do instances as well as spending gold or real money to have elite and get those craters cures everyday doesn't this mean that at some point both quests cost money? Or am I missing something here? Also if you are saying that you can solo the dungeon quests you only have 4 entries a day if you have elite which means you have to spend a reset scroll to run the last one and finish the quest, again am I not seeing something that you obviously can?
From a solo perspective.

I have not spent anything on crystals, CCBs, or mats. CCBs drop fairly often from IoD BAMs. Crystals and some mats like MW, I get them from vanguard with the credits received from doing vanguard quests. Etchings costs me around 24g per etch (the 3 days one) since I make them myself. And the mats drop from dungeons, so why bother buying them. I don't need the potions as much because well, mystic. I am a walking dispenser of mana and health [filtered].

Unlike PP, dungeon entries are not shared between characters. So using a reset scroll can be avoided, if you have more characters. For PP you would either need to spend RL money or buy an Elite voucher in TB, in my server the lowest is a 1 day elite costing 14k with 30 days costing 80k and 90 days costing 230k. And all you get is one crafter's cure which will recover 1k PP, but you'll need 8k-9.5k PP and you have 12hrs time limit. So you would need to purchase additional Crafter's Cure from the peddler, each costing 5,350g. Or skip the elite and just buy CC from the peddler.

You could just make alt accounts of course, you'd only need 1 or 2, depending on your luck. You won't be able to do your gathering quests everyday, as it takes more than 1 day to recover the 4k PP. Unless you make more alt accounts (IDK if there is there a maximum number of alts you can have.). So it'll be every other day, compared to doing dungeons which you should be able to complete daily, especially easier when you have alts. As for gearing alts, that is what the tokens are for. Tokens which you can get via vanguard for free.

And moving to a perspective of someone who is in a large guild. With not nearly many active members, the most online was 7. (We have not been able to max out the guild quest limit.) I will do the gathering if my guild lead and co leads, pick it. Because I want to contribute but I don't particularly like it. I'd rather use the PP to get my artisans (I don't have any yet.) or to max out my character's gathering skills for the sweet reward of more inventory space.

Maybe throwing PP is easier for most of you, since you probably already have your artisans and your auto gathering pets and your disposable gold to buy said auto gathering pet. I only started a couple months ago with only a few hours to spend in the game.
One complaint I have is being only able to have one quest active at a time.

If my guild wants to efficiently make their efforts count, we then we must not run different dungeons, gather or play BGs all at once or else. Not sure why I can't run dungeon A while another group runs dungeon B simultaneously, all while other individuals are gathering/doing BGs.

I suppose BHS not only wanted to reward guild activity, but also guild unity. Meh.
I do have a Felicity but I got it from the elite boxes I don't craft anything because it's tedious and much of it will become useless anyway. But spending your vanguard credits on crystals is not advised you should be spending them on MWA to either use it yourself or sell it before the new patch so you have gold. I never said the quests don't cost anything they do all of them you either spend gold or time but denying that they don't is something that I can't see I know all of the ways to be as cheap as possible but at the end of the day you'll have to spend some gold either to reroll, get that %3 or to get the tier 3 etchings. Now not everyone has their alts full geared to do all the dungeons or even PvP but as said before these are guild quests meant to be completed by a bunch of players not be soloed unless you are in a kinda dead guild like mine then you'll be the only one playing at NA peak hours :/
DeadX wrote: »
@ the rest. valid answers? no. you posted how you yourselves did it, that doesn't refute the main point at all. it still cost you whereas running a BG or dungeon doesn't, you gain in all ways from those quests. cost in time being removed from that cost.

As said, you asked why people would do it and got valid answers to that specific question. At no point did I argue about your other statements. You keep going on about how people are too stupid to read the stuff you write. May I kindly ask you then to also not be too stupid to understand what others write instead of insinuating we answered not to just part of your your original post but the whole of it? Because this only ever happened inside your head, trust me. ;)

I... gather... ;) that your guild seems to be only for you and your alts. Then of course your points are somewhat valid. I for one wouldn't want to be in a "guild" like that. But to each his or her own.
Lol this whole post is just meaningless. 1 or 2 persons complaining about a feature in the game won't get that said feature deleted or changed. Tbh, i don't know what this post is trying to achieve.
I do have a Felicity but I got it from the elite boxes I don't craft anything because it's tedious and much of it will become useless anyway. But spending your vanguard credits on crystals is not advised you should be spending them on MWA to either use it yourself or sell it before the new patch so you have gold. I never said the quests don't cost anything they do all of them you either spend gold or time but denying that they don't is something that I can't see I know all of the ways to be as cheap as possible but at the end of the day you'll have to spend some gold either to reroll, get that 3% or to get the tier 3 etchings. Now not everyone has their alts full geared to do all the dungeons or even PvP but as said before these are guild quests meant to be completed by a bunch of players not be soloed unless you are in a kinda dead guild like mine then you'll be the only one playing at NA peak hours :/

You can get Felicity from an elite box?! [filtered], my luck then. I got nothing but mats during the free 1 week elite.

I can stand to waste a few VG credits on crystals as I have a lot of characters. So it's not a big deal, as for using MWs. I don't, use much of them as I usually just farm tokens and dungeons for doubles. And like I said spellbinds and the reroll scrolls drop frequently in dungeons, so I don't need to buy them. I usually don't bother with etchings as I can get free scrolls from Kalvin tokens. I am trying to save up for the next vm, I doubt I'll be able to make much grinding but I shall try.

And back to the topic, I have no problem slowly leveling a guild via gathering. I've been lucky to get into a guild that doesn't guilt trip me into using my PP points, they've been pretty neat and usually just do small dungeon quests like DFNM. Not to mention asking what dungeons we can do, instead of just activating them. But I will admit, my main issue is that it is kinda dull. Basically riding around IoD for mats. I'd prefer murdering BAMs, it's still a chore but feels less so than gathering.
@DeadX
I saw you said somewhere on page one that nodes don't respawn that fast. I can show you a place in Ex Prima where there are like 7-8 Goblu essence close together that by the time you gather the last one (maybe 30 seconds to 1 minute total) you can walk to the first one and it has respawned. I can do the same thing with a Colluva Ore spot. I've found some very plentiful Pilka spots but none that I've observed respawning faster than you can pick them. When I did the Goblu one with my guild last night one of our friends sat out with felicity and auto-gathered a few of the nodes on CH1 while my boyfriend ran around CH 2 with me running around CH 3 and we never had problems running out of Goblu on our specific channels. Some places respawn nodes much faster than other, I don't know why but because of it there are places for most of the different types of nodes in game that you can farm just 1 channel on.
You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.