TERA Online forum archive
TERA PC - General Discussion: Game status post patch

I dont know what BHS was thinking with these ridiculous changes. We went away from rng for a reason and now we are back at it. Best in slot gear is a joke. Enchants are rng and a joke. Takes ages to farm enough credits to buy feedstock; that is a singular 1 feedstock. All this grind is just forcing people to either quit or swipe and p2w to the gear. I'm unsure if eme at this point even cares about player feedback. WE DO NOT NEED THIS $HITTY A$$ GEARING SYSTEM. The rng is cancerous, the content is stale, your elite benefits suck. dungeon coin costs are too high. I hope eme has the sense to atleast ask what their players want.

Well, was already stated EME is understaffed.
So... yeah...
At this point it's most likely like this:

EME:
"We got some feedback regarding the new patch from our players."

BHS (Krafton):

Yup, this game is at its new all time low.
I dont even know if this game can get any lower than this.
BiS and gear enchanting rng grind? Its a grind before u even get to new content, let alone the new pantsu.
Its so grindy, even filthy kasul have to grind. And filthy kasul doesnt even do BiS or endgame content.

Now people are openly and brazenly talking about buying/ selling gold.
I dont blame them tbh. $15 elite per month for a possibility to get to aerial island, or... tree fiddy to buy a lvl70 acc and instantly able to take a look around aerial island before getting banned (if ever gets banned). At any case, only one of em worth the money. And i feelsbadman for eme.

:o

I just love how they try so hard to fill up our banks and inventory with all of this junk. Every update brings more and more to fill our banks with. They are so obvious with it to. Cards don't even stack and all kinds of new gear along with enchant materials to take up space. New players must just feel so overwhelmed when they start and see how far they need to go. Everything is so rng in this game. Can't even have an event without making all of the prizes pretty much rng. The constant gambling does get a bit old after a while.

@Christin said:
I just love how they try so hard to fill up our banks and inventory with all of this junk. Every update brings more and more to fill our banks with. They are so obvious with it to. Cards don't even stack and all kinds of new gear along with enchant materials to take up space. New players must just feel so overwhelmed when they start and see how far they need to go. Everything is so rng in this game. Can't even have an event without making all of the prizes pretty much rng. The constant gambling does get a bit old after a while.

From someone that also plays Closers, it seems the idea is:
The more [filtered] clogging your inventory, the more tempted you'll be to spend money on inventory/bank slots.
Regarding rng... I mean, even information from EME tends to be rng.
And we know Koreans love rng like a druggy loves their drugs.

What seems to drop a lot is that green armor, I just break them all down in the duranium ore. There's at least 70 broker tabs of the stuff on Velika, still going for around 2k gold a piece, I expect that price to drop, the green ones seem to just be fodder really.

TERA PC - General Discussion#7 kori8310/21/2019, 05:24 PM

@DHATXNK4KM said:
I dont know what BHS was thinking with these ridiculous changes. We went away from rng for a reason and now we are back at it. Best in slot gear is a joke. Enchants are rng and a joke. Takes ages to farm enough credits to buy feedstock; that is a singular 1 feedstock. All this grind is just forcing people to either quit or swipe and p2w to the gear. I'm unsure if eme at this point even cares about player feedback. WE DO NOT NEED THIS $HITTY A$$ GEARING SYSTEM. The rng is cancerous, the content is stale, your elite benefits suck. dungeon coin costs are too high. I hope eme has the sense to atleast ask what their players want.

Yes, we do not need new gear. I will also add - dungeon queue times are ridiculously long when I logged in this weekend.

As a 67, I can't comment on the new content (other than the fact that I don't care to play it, and I'm too lazy to collect "card fragments" ). I've spent way too much time and resources moving from Frost to Stormcry and to HO, I refuse to spend more on new gear at a Developer's whim.

I'm gonna stand around HW with my HO, and bask in my op Red glow...
and when they take that away, I'm gonna quit.

well bye bye ..

@fromsector7 said:
well bye bye ..

You're not contributing anything to the conversation. If you're not going to do that, don't post.

@kori83 said:

@DHATXNK4KM said:
I dont know what BHS was thinking with these ridiculous changes. We went away from rng for a reason and now we are back at it. Best in slot gear is a joke. Enchants are rng and a joke. Takes ages to farm enough credits to buy feedstock; that is a singular 1 feedstock. All this grind is just forcing people to either quit or swipe and p2w to the gear. I'm unsure if eme at this point even cares about player feedback. WE DO NOT NEED THIS $HITTY A$$ GEARING SYSTEM. The rng is cancerous, the content is stale, your elite benefits suck. dungeon coin costs are too high. I hope eme has the sense to atleast ask what their players want.

Yes, we do not need new gear. I will also add - dungeon queue times are ridiculously long when I logged in this weekend.

As a 67, I can't comment on the new content (other than the fact that I don't care to play it, and I'm too lazy to collect "card fragments" ). I've spent way too much time and resources moving from Frost to Stormcry and to HO, I refuse to spend more on new gear at a Developer's whim.

I'm gonna stand around HW with my HO, and bask in my op Red glow...
and when they take that away, I'm gonna quit.

1: they put a event for get lv68 .. for one reason.
2: they put a event of enchanting for 2 week.
3: new zone is for gamers with set end game and is a waste of time, just are massive daily quest (60 limit per day)and one dungeon il458 with useless drop.
4: you say " and I'm too lazy to collect "card fragments" .. new zone is just for grind for hours .

i have 4 lv70 ho+3 ,4 lv68 sc9.. only fun with brawler sc+9 the new zone... just for a while.

tera 2012 : people doing daily quest for get gold ,limit of 20 quest , few end game dungeon , all bank full of fodder for upgrade set and some people make guild just for a guild bank for put more fodder , epic rng for get masterwork and next for get +12. not fly mounts available , no free teleport . no pvp content .
tera 2019 : eme increase slot for bank to 8 , pet with 5 slot , pocket with slot , more daily quest (60) more fodder and items , in new zone need buff for fly , more rng , now dont need go to dungeon for get set end game . no pvp content.

TERA PC - General Discussion#13 kori8310/21/2019, 07:04 PM

@fromsector7 said:

@kori83 said:
Yes, we do not need new gear. I will also add - dungeon queue times are ridiculously long when I logged in this weekend.

As a 67, I can't comment on the new content (other than the fact that I don't care to play it, and I'm too lazy to collect "card fragments" ). I've spent way too much time and resources moving from Frost to Stormcry and to HO, I refuse to spend more on new gear at a Developer's whim.

I'm gonna stand around HW with my HO, and bask in my op Red glow...
and when they take that away, I'm gonna quit.

1: they put a event for get lv68 .. for one reason.
2: they put a event of enchanting for 2 week.
3: new zone is for gamers with set end game and is a waste of time, just are massive daily quest (60 limit per day)and one dungeon il458 with useless drop.
4: you say " and I'm too lazy to collect "card fragments" .. new zone is just for grind for hours .

Exactly, as OP said, we are being bullied into an endless cycle of grind -->rng --> fail--> grind some more.

I'm taking a stand by refusing to level up - and playing the pre-patch way.

Maybe he didnt understand. Or perhaps he wanted to brag.
Eh, who knows.

Players can now explore the lands of Exodor, the mysterious "sky island" that first appeared months ago in the "Skywatch: New Heights" update. This new zone is chocked-full of new content, quests, gear, BAMs, and more…culminating in an epic solo dungeon questline that you won’t want to miss!

Oh, new and returning players gonna miss it, alright.
Bwahahaha
:lol: :lol: :lol:

@fromsector7 said:
i have 4 lv70 ho+3 ,4 lv68 sc9.. only fun with brawler sc+9 the new zone... just for a while.

Please, someone make a golden statue of this clown, hahahaha, he wants to be commemorated as the nerd of the year.

Nobody cares how many characters you have in lvl 70 with + 3HO, nobody asked you for this information and I don't know why you mention it LOOL, if you want to brag, do it with something that is really worth it, not with this, if I get down to your level I can also say that I have a character level 70 with HO +3 and full +9 disc - impreg pvp gear, "do you see how pointless it sounds, right?". I understand why many people are upset with the recent changes of the game, the grind is not something that everyone can enjoy, I think that adding this type of content "in Tera" only makes the game boring and lazy in terms of creativity, Tera should not be the cheap copy of Black desert, basically This makes the game to lose the unique personality it once had. Sooo, I recommend that you should stop being a [filtered] and accept that there are people who don't share your same obsession with Tera, if you have fun with the grind fest that is poorly designed, congratulations well done, but don't impose your opinion as if you were the owner of the community, good bye.

@fromsector7 said:
tera 2012 : people doing daily quest for get gold ,limit of 20 quest , few end game dungeon , all bank full of fodder for upgrade set and some people make guild just for a guild bank for put more fodder , epic rng for get masterwork and next for get +12. not fly mounts available , no free teleport . no pvp content .
tera 2019 : eme increase slot for bank to 8 , pet with 5 slot , pocket with slot , more daily quest (60) more fodder and items , in new zone need buff for fly , more rng , now dont need go to dungeon for get set end game . no pvp content.

we did have pvp content at one time when I started back in 2013, we had cs for level 30 and above. we also had alliance territories. alliance got replaced with civil unrest...joy...not, and cs went to level 65 because people were crying about the newbies and unskilled players. that's where I learned how to play my classes. as far as making a guild for extra bank space, I had 2 guilds just for that purpose, for fodder and stuff. i would love to see a classic server before fate of arune patch, before level 65 only cs, back when we had alliance territories, back when we had original island of dawn. the game was so much better then. the only thing that was good in the past few years was the addition of flying mounts, but then they added invisible barriers so that you couldn't explore anymore. if given the choice between what we have now and adding a classic server, i think the classic server will be just as full as the other 2 servers combined once word got out.

TERA PC - General Discussion#17 Pnk3p1310/22/2019, 12:10 AM

I would kill for a classic server. This patch convinced me that there isn't anything left for me in this game now that all my friends have quit, the dungeons I liked are nerfed to nothing or removed from the game and it's hard to have any motivation to keep playing on this floating spaghetti bowl of code called Exodor.

I don't even care if the classic server is an event that lasts 2 months, it'd be more fun than anything on this patch.

Even though they do a classic serve which ensures that they wouldn't modify the "classic" to be more difficult and thus force p2w?

trying farming for 4 hours and not a single armor feedstock :/

@PP597W94LA said:
Even though they do a classic serve which ensures that they wouldn't modify the "classic" to be more difficult and thus force p2w?

The only classic servers they've done for this game so far have been short-term events that just merge into the live servers at the end anyway.

TERA PC - General Discussion#21 Sethryan10/22/2019, 02:50 AM

Wake up! MEME needed money so they put new system with to sell p2w boxes with mats such as feedstock..... New gear with less grinding? You really belived that was gona happend? HAHAHAHHAAH.

TERA PC - General Discussion#22 Fainall10/22/2019, 12:34 PM

I just hate how negative this patch has left me feeling to the game. The new gear is just fail imho and I don't want to be bothered with it. How do I know that once I get it they won't say oh hey lets do a new system. I don't want to grind for it, I don't want all the time and effort I put into HO to be for nothing. I just don't have any desire to log in hardly. I do my ghillie and log out, and even that is not good...it's like they nerfed it. It's sad. I don't want to level my alts because no caimen raids and endless months of grinding is just so 2015. I am usually a pretty positive person but there is very little left to be positive about. Especially when other games are starting to figure out how to fix their game instead of making it worse. I decided to resub this month but I am regretting it.

the money EME made on tera online
it was by Breach online, MISTOVER, Stranger Things 3, dark crystal and A: IR.

This patch is just a way of trying to earn something from the money they invest in the wrong games.

TERA PC - General Discussion#24 Fainall10/22/2019, 03:46 PM

How did they make money on AIR? It's not even released here yet. Eme is a business, I don't begrudge them making money. It's how they are choosing to do it.

@Fainall disse:
How did they make money on AIR? It's not even released here yet. Eme is a business, I don't begrudge them making money. It's how they are choosing to do it.

A: IR will be released in Korean
tera is being changed to be accepted in Korean
It seems that Krafton is making mmorpg for the Koreans because it is more certain that they will make money.

Sincerely all Krafton and Korean.
https://www.krafton.com/en/games/games_lst.html

which means you will have it online depends on the korean feedback.
only thing we can do and I asked for an event that made the game more playable for NA.

Skywatch: Aerial Island should be completely acceptable on Korean serving with a better% RNG because Korean players cannot play for long (maximum 2 ~ 3 hour per day) by law I think.

more here in NA game has been changed to "try to be more accepted in NA"
because we can play tera online for over 10 hours straight every day.

That's why the game is quite hardcore on the farm because the Koreans still don't have an idea that would be more accepted in NA.
And a small patch that being the same as you in KR probably NA players ran out of content very quickly.

It will be difficult for them to find a way to make the most accepted NA patch because the time difference that KR and NA players can play is so big.

Hey, mEME need money for Christmas and new year. Just shtup and pay for boxes :^)

(Ban in 3,2,1...)

I've never felt so disinterested to play a game after a major expansion since Fortnite Battle Royale became a thing. I managed to complete the Exodor storyline, but it was so immensely frustrating that I want almost nothing else to do with that area ever again.

I did GG yesterday and got 2 diamonds and simply did not care. When a game has you feeling worse after getting a rare drop, that's not a good sign.

No comment by any GM so far. Dont think they care anymore at this point. The whales keep swiping and its apparent eme only cares about money
Time to play elder scrolls online i guess.cheers

TERA PC - General Discussion#31 Aragoon10/24/2019, 05:49 AM

I think this patch is really boring, new dg is 100% recycled, number of player decrease, ppl are doing just GVNM and the new dg, caimans only works with party and dont works with raid, i cant finish my jewellry because there arent ppl doing demokron factory hard is really sad look the game's state now, i think publisher and developers are killing the game

https://www.krafton.com/en/contact/contact.html
send an email if that is any use
they never listen to us in any way we have to make them understand that the community needs to be respected as such

@SupreMExDFULL disse:
https://www.krafton.com/en/contact/contact.html
send an email if that is any use
they never listen to us in any way we have to make them understand that the community needs to be respected as such

why do this?
only thing will do and make an excuse like
"We are working to find a way that will make our community happy. Please be patient that we will do something in the future."

@PP597W94LA said:

@SupreMExDFULL disse:
https://www.krafton.com/en/contact/contact.html
send an email if that is any use
they never listen to us in any way we have to make them understand that the community needs to be respected as such

why do this?
only thing will do and make an excuse like
"We are working to find a way that will make our community happy. Please be patient that we will do something in the future."

Plus it even says right on their page that, for feedback related to specific games, to go to each game's website and contact them there... so they'll just send people back here. These business/PR contacts are not going to be an "in" to the developers.

TERA PC - General Discussion#35 kori8310/24/2019, 05:53 PM

@SageWindu said:

I've never felt so disinterested to play a game after a major expansion since Fortnite Battle Royale became a thing. I managed to complete the Exodor storyline, but it was so immensely frustrating that I want almost nothing else to do with that area ever again.

I did GG yesterday and got 2 diamonds and simply did not care. When a game has you feeling worse after getting a rare drop, that's not a good sign.

I know what you mean - I had the same feeling this weekend after 1 run of GV. I got a Diamond and thought "oh, thats nice."
A far cry from 6 months ago :/

there has to be a way to reach them

@SupreMExDFULL said:
there has to be a way to reach them

All I can tell you is that the issue is not "awareness" of people's feedback. We are continuing to push as hard as possible for positive changes, and the people at EME who meet with BHS every week are definitely aware and making it known to them. In the end, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. If BHS continues to go down this path even though we've all argued/fought against it, it's in their hands.

@SupreMExDFULL disse:
there has to be a way to reach them

impossible

maximum that they will do and try "damage control" tries to keep the maximum person playing with some kind of event after the event is over, we are back to nothing.

have a solution to make them listen to the community, most doubt the community would.

You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.