TERA Online forum archive
TERA PC - General Discussion: tera playerbase is dying

anyone else notice that tera is getting less and less active?

Since like late 2013-early 2014 its been dying

@39HATFDXLY said:
anyone else notice that tera is getting less and less active?


I wonder why.

TERA PC - General Discussion#4 Araseo07/27/2019, 11:09 PM
Sad times...

This game has so much potential. Too bad it’s not in the right hands.

whats a playerbase again?

Here are current Steam numbers.

https://steamcharts.com/app/323370

As you can see a steady decrease is occurring.

A lot of players gave up on progress temporarily since there is no real transition from the HO gear up to the new gear but instead just a simple promise that something will be added "later" making to be pointless the enchanting/upgrading for gear..

We also do not know what will happen with the golden/silver talents and golden/silver plates.

We know nothing.

And we are not Jon Snow :)

Let me tell you all why Tera is going down Gettin less active and losing players.
1. They think that if we do a PUBG and Tera event it will get both of us more players they were right. But that is not enough. Tera players want new heroes better dg and interesting events like apex event but what Tera did is making the [filtered] brawler for elin than popori what now look old dg are back I already know that dg.Is it that hard to make a new hero not a another dame hero. Old Tera was great. It wasn't a pay to win now Tera wants gold for enchanting why. Isn't it interesting like I am enchanting an item with myself with my own hands and it says you need gold. What I am trying to say is they need to make new heroes new heroes means more players more players means more money more money means more new interesting things you can't just make one character for every one you can use that money and time for a new charecter. You can't just delete a dg if you are going to bring it back. You all remember NEXUS. They shouldn't have deleted it it was great my entire team stopped playing cause of that. Okey now simple :if you are going to bring it back don't delete it (lose of money) don't make one event over and over again(waste of time and money) and don't be lazy
It’s been on the drop since Tonka, Minea, Treeshark, and Harmonia all left.
TERA PC - General Discussion#10 RonLaw07/28/2019, 11:20 PM

@LancerJiva said:
It’s been on the drop since Tonka, Minea, Treeshark, and Harmonia all left.

This is true , those were the days when Tera was great.

Time for merger into 1 server, let's goooo

It's been so long.

merge or not .. is the same ,all fishing or afk in hw .

TERA PC - General Discussion#14 UsagiFF07/29/2019, 06:56 PM

@Vulcarion said:
Time for merger into 1 server, let's goooo

Pls no, if they merge the two remaining servers that chart from Steam will drop from 700 to 200 because the people who will leave after losing names, guild names, characters, cosmetics, mounts and many other things.

TERA PC - General Discussion#15 Waitress07/29/2019, 08:57 PM

@UsagiFF said:
Pls no, if they merge the two remaining servers that chart from Steam will drop from 700 to 200 because the people who will leave after losing names, guild names, characters, cosmetics, mounts and many other things.

This is actually a good point. Tera never handled the naming process well, so any merge causes a lot of chaos and stress for remaining players. Besides, a merge doesn't solve anything. Well, maybe somethings, but not any big fun things that make people want to come running back.

By the way, where are the CM/GMs? Have they appeared in any of these threads lately?
EME staff, are you here? Because it's a waste of anyones breath to list ideas that could help if you're not going to acknowledge it. I get that you're under your bosses thumb and that you're very limited in what you're allowed to do with the game, but you're not limited when it comes to responding in the forum so ultimately there is no excuse for not being here. I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad or talked down to, but I don't like wasting time either is the thing and I'm not joining a discord because I shouldn't have to. and I don't want to see from another player that you're reading here, I want to see with my own two eyes staff engagement. If I don't see that then I'll have no reason to believe that anything that's ever talked about/brought up is cared about.

TERA PC - General Discussion#16 JoBean07/29/2019, 09:36 PM

I think you stand a better chance in their discord server, the forums are almost obsolete anymore.

TERA PC - General Discussion#17 RonLaw07/29/2019, 09:52 PM

Theirs discord has about 5 players and 1 eme employee at one time. There's more info here on the dead forums then on the deader discord.

TERA PC - General Discussion#18 JoBean07/29/2019, 11:57 PM

That's quite contrary to what I've seen from today even. Many people talking in the tera-pc general section, among them Cobaltdragon too.

TERA PC - General Discussion#19 Fainall07/30/2019, 12:09 PM

MMO's in general are not as popular as they once were. When I came to Tera I was surprised so many people played it. I don't think you guys are out there on a few of the good but much less populated games, you would realize how many players Tera really has. Of course there are a few games with a decent player base, but they are few and far between these days. The player base is growing up, moving on, etc. But quite frankly threads like this and toxic people on the global chat are what help kill games. If a new player sees this...they will think if the game is dying why should I stay and invest time in it? I see new players all the time in global chat ask for information on things and they get snide answers. I try to answer when I can but this kind of behavior doesn't keep games alive. You can blame EME, and sure they play their part, but so does everyone else. If you want a game to stay alive, you have to do your part and not sit around blaming everyone else. Be kind, help newer players, don't kick them from parties...teach them. Answer their questions. Maybe they will stick around and even tell their friends hey Tera is a good game with great players, lets play that!

I think that there are plenty of players that are looking to enjoy a MMO and the biggest issue is mostly with the ( let us be honest ) greedy developers that in general created MMOs in the past few years with the sole objective to simply make as much money possible in the shortest time and with the least resources invested... Then use all that money to invest into other games going with the same objective.. And so on..

Tera could have been a better game and especially since the combat system is so very good.. But the amount of endless RNG that it has these days plus the increase of P2W makes it to be a very unpleasant experience for players in general up to the point where they simply give up ( i have seen so many friends and players going to play ffxiv-shadowbringers these days simply because it is very playable and definitely worth all the time and money spent there ).

New Players? Casuals? Anyone? The game became so very expensive and grindy that almost nobody wants to grind up to 3 months only to catch up with the average players then to have to grind even more to be able to catch up with the veterans ( the adventure coin system that denies players from doing as many dungeons as they want plus level 70 cap and the partners/relics/halidoms/scrolls to enchance skills/points to enchance skills/etc/etc.. create a very high wall that few dare these days to want to climb only to catch up ). Then we also see things at where the Heroic Oatch Gear becomes useless because there is new gear added but without a real transition ( unlike the past where we could transition one Vision Maker into another ) and instead just a promise that "it will be added later".

What am i supposed to do now in my case? Try to enchance HO? For what purpose? Maybe just take it easy and wait another 4 months until the new gear comes? Will this game even be alive by then?

By the way, when we had the 50% discount on Companion Loot Boxes.. There were so many EMP sellers with so much gold that the golden/silver plates went from 350g up to 450g... And now we had the Midas Touch which was a very rewarding bundle for the price that it had and we will probably have even more bundles or discounts in the future...

The amount of grind plus pay to win and the lack of events for dungeons and battlegrounds turned so many players away up to the point where we ended up having 2k players online at its best with us barely able to find players ( especially tanks ) to be able to clear dungeons.

p.s. the most interesting part is that EU is very lively with the game having almost x5 more population than NA so it is not like the game is old and boring because events and tweas can still make it fun to play

Those steam statistics are.. no words.

I miss how TERA was when I started playing back in late 2013. I was so addicted then. Now the game is just mehhh. There is nothing to do. The same "events" are every week, if you even call that events. EME does not converse with the community on the forums, so thats understandable that people come to the forums and ask for help but they don't get it they leave. Thats like going into a store and going to the service desk and no ones there, ofc you're going to leave if theres no employees to help you. EME needs to bring back the old FUN events, such as BAM KILLER, Kiras potion shack, MONGOS, BG Jackpots, Ultra fire turbo time, event's that are actually fun and people looked forward to logging in. Stop being lazy and make regular news posts. OLD EME staff made news posts every day of upcoming events, they were creative and thought of new things to do. Same thing in "this week in tera". "Double vg rewards, or gold, increased drops in dungeons, increased bg credits." MEH. Bring back BG jackpots. Give people a reason to queue and do battlegrounds. This game is just 1 huge job now tbh rather than fun and entertainment.

This week does not even have GVHM/DFHM or at least GVNM/DFNM added to the double drop list even though these are the dungeons that we want to farm the most for items and skill points.

TERA PC - General Discussion#23 Melyodis07/30/2019, 03:56 PM

you know why they use discord more than the forums because when a lot of player type stuff on discord it gets lost unless you scroll tru all the post or search to eme discord is more convenient. Which poor then again you will quicker get a response on discord these days than on the forums from eme. All the response on the forums are from the counsel mods. where is our new product manager one post and is all silence from him now. The truth is the end is near guy repent and be baptized into a new MMO LOL.

TERA PC - General Discussion#24 Christin07/30/2019, 05:35 PM

So tired of these constant "Game is dying" threads. Do you think the more you whine and cry about it, the faster you will make it so? I see the same people commenting the same complaints over and over again. Don't you guys just ever get tired of repeating yourselves? I guess not, so go make another page long post listing everything you dislike about the game. Surely, we haven't seen it before. -rolls eyes-

Global is busier and steady now, events are getting better and plenty of new players are joining the game on a daily basis. You ridicule players that want things you think are too easy, yet fill the forum with groans and moans over a new gear system, because it means more work for you. No one said y'all have to max gear again. You do it, because you want to do it. Well then, stop crying about it.

"Oh, this event is too hard." Well, then don't do it. "This event doesn't let me overspam it and dump loads of stuff on the broker." Again, don't do it. Seriously, there is plenty of things to do in the game if you don't want to do this event or that event.

"Lets merge into one server." You're just saying that to troll. Why would they merge into one server again when the game is getting better? You may sit there whining and crying, but people are actually enjoying the game and coming back to it.

"Xingcode ruined the game forever!" Really? A huge chunk of players stayed. Those that left are coming back here and there. Just because you comment something, doesn't make it true. Every day in global, we have players returning and new players asking questions. Sure, some don't stay, but many do.

"AIR is going to ruin Tera." Actually, depending on how BHS advertises it, AIR could potentially bring more players to Tera. If EME gets to publish the game in NA, more people will be downloading the launcher and will see Tera advertised as well. AIR will no doubt be graphic intensive or simply may not suit some players. Tera might end up with quite a few players defecting from AIR, so no, I don't think it's the end of the world for Tera. Y'all act like the gamer world is small and Tera has just outrun it's life. I'd agree if the devs weren't still updating it like they are. I hear so much bs about KTera going downhill and ending any day now. However, if BHS wasn't making bank on the game, they wouldn't still be putting in as much work into the game as they do. If you think Tera is failing, then go play something else. You don't need to constantly whine, gripe and trash the game in hopes that you will somehow bring about the final demise of the game faster.

@Christin said:
So tired of these constant "Game is dying" threads. Do you think the more you whine and cry about it, the faster you will make it so? I see the same people commenting the same complaints over and over again. Don't you guys just ever get tired of repeating yourselves? I guess not, so go make another page long post listing everything you dislike about the game. Surely, we haven't seen it before. -rolls eyes-

Global is busier and steady now, events are getting better and plenty of new players are joining the game on a daily basis. You ridicule players that want things you think are too easy, yet fill the forum with groans and moans over a new gear system, because it means more work for you. No one said y'all have to max gear again. You do it, because you want to do it. Well then, stop crying about it.

"Oh, this event is too hard." Well, then don't do it. "This event doesn't let me overspam it and dump loads of stuff on the broker." Again, don't do it. Seriously, there is plenty of things to do in the game if you don't want to do this event or that event.

"Lets merge into one server." You're just saying that to troll. Why would they merge into one server again when the game is getting better? You may sit there whining and crying, but people are actually enjoying the game and coming back to it.

"Xingcode ruined the game forever!" Really? A huge chunk of players stayed. Those that left are coming back here and there. Just because you comment something, doesn't make it true. Every day in global, we have players returning and new players asking questions. Sure, some don't stay, but many do.

"AIR is going to ruin Tera." Actually, depending on how BHS advertises it, AIR could potentially bring more players to Tera. If EME gets to publish the game in NA, more people will be downloading the launcher and will see Tera advertised as well. AIR will no doubt be graphic intensive or simply may not suit some players. Tera might end up with quite a few players defecting from AIR, so no, I don't think it's the end of the world for Tera. Y'all act like the gamer world is small and Tera has just outrun it's life. I'd agree if the devs weren't still updating it like they are. I hear so much bs about KTera going downhill and ending any day now. However, if BHS wasn't making bank on the game, they wouldn't still be putting in as much work into the game as they do. If you think Tera is failing, then go play something else. You don't need to constantly whine, gripe and trash the game in hopes that you will somehow bring about the final demise of the game faster.

Game is getting better you say? Not according to the steam analysis. lol. You must be going by stats from 4 years ago then.

TERA PC - General Discussion#26 Zulia6907/30/2019, 05:59 PM
> @Christin said:
> So tired of these constant "Game is dying" threads. Do you think the more you whine and cry about it, the faster you will make it so? I see the same people commenting the same complaints over and over again. Don't you guys just ever get tired of repeating yourselves? I guess not, so go make another page long post listing everything you dislike about the game. Surely, we haven't seen it before. -rolls eyes-
>
> Global is busier and steady now, events are getting better and plenty of new players are joining the game on a daily basis. You ridicule players that want things you think are too easy, yet fill the forum with groans and moans over a new gear system, because it means more work for you. No one said y'all have to max gear again. You do it, because you want to do it. Well then, stop crying about it.
>
> "Oh, this event is too hard." Well, then don't do it. "This event doesn't let me overspam it and dump loads of stuff on the broker." Again, don't do it. Seriously, there is plenty of things to do in the game if you don't want to do this event or that event.
>
> "Lets merge into one server." You're just saying that to troll. Why would they merge into one server again when the game is getting better? You may sit there whining and crying, but people are actually enjoying the game and coming back to it.
>
> "Xingcode ruined the game forever!" Really? A huge chunk of players stayed. Those that left are coming back here and there. Just because you comment something, doesn't make it true. Every day in global, we have players returning and new players asking questions. Sure, some don't stay, but many do.
>
> "AIR is going to ruin Tera." Actually, depending on how BHS advertises it, AIR could potentially bring more players to Tera. If EME gets to publish the game in NA, more people will be downloading the launcher and will see Tera advertised as well. AIR will no doubt be graphic intensive or simply may not suit some players. Tera might end up with quite a few players defecting from AIR, so no, I don't think it's the end of the world for Tera. Y'all act like the gamer world is small and Tera has just outrun it's life. I'd agree if the devs weren't still updating it like they are. I hear so much bs about KTera going downhill and ending any day now. However, if BHS wasn't making bank on the game, they wouldn't still be putting in as much work into the game as they do. If you think Tera is failing, then go play something else. You don't need to constantly whine, gripe and trash the game in hopes that you will somehow bring about the final demise of the game faster.



This was posted higher up.

https://steamcharts.com/app/323370


The numbers are decreasing mate.

founders dont use steam ....

> @fromsector7 said:
> founders dont use steam ....

I don’t use steam but those statistics make sense.

@Christin said:
So tired of these constant "Game is dying" threads. Do you think the more you whine and cry about it, the faster you will make it so? I see the same people commenting the same complaints over and over again. Don't you guys just ever get tired of repeating yourselves? I guess not, so go make another page long post listing everything you dislike about the game. Surely, we haven't seen it before. -rolls eyes-

Global is busier and steady now, events are getting better and plenty of new players are joining the game on a daily basis. You ridicule players that want things you think are too easy, yet fill the forum with groans and moans over a new gear system, because it means more work for you. No one said y'all have to max gear again. You do it, because you want to do it. Well then, stop crying about it.

"Oh, this event is too hard." Well, then don't do it. "This event doesn't let me overspam it and dump loads of stuff on the broker." Again, don't do it. Seriously, there is plenty of things to do in the game if you don't want to do this event or that event.

"Lets merge into one server." You're just saying that to troll. Why would they merge into one server again when the game is getting better? You may sit there whining and crying, but people are actually enjoying the game and coming back to it.

"Xingcode ruined the game forever!" Really? A huge chunk of players stayed. Those that left are coming back here and there. Just because you comment something, doesn't make it true. Every day in global, we have players returning and new players asking questions. Sure, some don't stay, but many do.

"AIR is going to ruin Tera." Actually, depending on how BHS advertises it, AIR could potentially bring more players to Tera. If EME gets to publish the game in NA, more people will be downloading the launcher and will see Tera advertised as well. AIR will no doubt be graphic intensive or simply may not suit some players. Tera might end up with quite a few players defecting from AIR, so no, I don't think it's the end of the world for Tera. Y'all act like the gamer world is small and Tera has just outrun it's life. I'd agree if the devs weren't still updating it like they are. I hear so much bs about KTera going downhill and ending any day now. However, if BHS wasn't making bank on the game, they wouldn't still be putting in as much work into the game as they do. If you think Tera is failing, then go play something else. You don't need to constantly whine, gripe and trash the game in hopes that you will somehow bring about the final demise of the game faster.

Oh my.
If people stopped complaining, how would you complain about people complaining?
Or whine and cry, as you like to say.

TERA PC - General Discussion#30 TJKat07/30/2019, 07:56 PM

@fromsector7 said:
founders dont use steam ....

Steam charts might not be the whole picture, but the numbers are significant enough to establish a trend. Steam's playerbase is at an all-time low, and whether anyone likes it or not, odds are this is an accurate representation of the playerbase as a whole.

TERA PC - General Discussion#31 Mopho07/30/2019, 08:10 PM

@RonLaw said:
Theirs discord has about 5 players and 1 eme employee at one time. There's more info here on the dead forums then on the deader discord.

This is so true lol. Its always like that in their pc general tab until an ocational noobie asks a question for help.

TERA PC - General Discussion#32 Elinu107/30/2019, 08:12 PM

@LancerJiva said:
> @fromsector7 said:
> founders dont use steam ....

I don’t use steam but those statistics make sense.

I'm a founder and I use steam

TERA PC - General Discussion#33 Melyodis07/30/2019, 08:15 PM

@Zulia69 said:
> @Christin said:
> So tired of these constant "Game is dying" threads. Do you think the more you whine and cry about it, the faster you will make it so? I see the same people commenting the same complaints over and over again. Don't you guys just ever get tired of repeating yourselves? I guess not, so go make another page long post listing everything you dislike about the game. Surely, we haven't seen it before. -rolls eyes-
>
> Global is busier and steady now, events are getting better and plenty of new players are joining the game on a daily basis. You ridicule players that want things you think are too easy, yet fill the forum with groans and moans over a new gear system, because it means more work for you. No one said y'all have to max gear again. You do it, because you want to do it. Well then, stop crying about it.
>
> "Oh, this event is too hard." Well, then don't do it. "This event doesn't let me overspam it and dump loads of stuff on the broker." Again, don't do it. Seriously, there is plenty of things to do in the game if you don't want to do this event or that event.
>
> "Lets merge into one server." You're just saying that to troll. Why would they merge into one server again when the game is getting better? You may sit there whining and crying, but people are actually enjoying the game and coming back to it.
>
> "Xingcode ruined the game forever!" Really? A huge chunk of players stayed. Those that left are coming back here and there. Just because you comment something, doesn't make it true. Every day in global, we have players returning and new players asking questions. Sure, some don't stay, but many do.
>
> "AIR is going to ruin Tera." Actually, depending on how BHS advertises it, AIR could potentially bring more players to Tera. If EME gets to publish the game in NA, more people will be downloading the launcher and will see Tera advertised as well. AIR will no doubt be graphic intensive or simply may not suit some players. Tera might end up with quite a few players defecting from AIR, so no, I don't think it's the end of the world for Tera. Y'all act like the gamer world is small and Tera has just outrun it's life. I'd agree if the devs weren't still updating it like they are. I hear so much bs about KTera going downhill and ending any day now. However, if BHS wasn't making bank on the game, they wouldn't still be putting in as much work into the game as they do. If you think Tera is failing, then go play something else. You don't need to constantly whine, gripe and trash the game in hopes that you will somehow bring about the final demise of the game faster.



This was posted higher up.

https://steamcharts.com/app/323370


The numbers are decreasing mate.

you all like to use steam charts cause its the only source to get a not so accurate playing average. i don't use steam cause it mean something less running in the background for me using steam is waste. If things were really getting worst bhs would not be releasing content like they doing and every year is the same [filtered] same boat. Tera is dying well leave already go play bdo or somn.

I'm going to lock this thread because it essentially amounts to whining and whining about whining.

You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.