TERA Online forum archive
TERA PC - General Discussion: [IMPORTANT] TRUTH OF TERA
I will go straight into the facts for TERA.



__HARD TRUTH__

Even if u maxed your gear out you will always be useless at endgame dungeon what do i mean by that?

From guardian gear > frostmetal > stormcry > Heroic Oath [The stats dont give u a big leap even if u enchant all your way to the last set] you can go teralore.com and look at the gears yourself]
Doesn't matter if u farm it the hard way or using real money to get things done. *Don't waste your hard earn money buying emp and selling it off to get mats for upgrading it...your gear stats will NEVER ever be enough for higher tier dungeons*

If u play long enough to realise...a full party of legit players will take around 30-40mins to clear a dungeon painstalkingly with only minimum dps/heal. [You will only realise this when u get unlucky enough to quene with a party of full legit players)
Most of the time u will get quened with hackers (1 or 2 that carry the entire dungeon) that takes about 5-10mins to clear a dungeon [Even if u have the best gear your dps/heal compared to them is thrash]


My point: This game make you feel bad and useless for not contributing at dungeon because legit players only contribute 10-20% in total while hackers do 80-90% of the work.

You want the truth this is the hard truth whether u like it or not.



Let all legit players unite and start a petition for the developers to read and rescale/rework how this game is suppose to be.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. Scale your dungeon/world boss accordingly with the right gear stats
2. Remove hackers and let all every tera players finally have a taste of what tera truly offer


This is way beyond f2p or p2w model... This system of yours is definitely unacceptable. Lets all work together and turn TERA back the path it intially is.

:D



As a Chad Instance Matchmaker I'm gonna have to agree with patching scripters but decline 40 min runs. If you wipe that's your fault. If you take 20 minutes on a boss then stay out of queue. Thanks.
My real problem with Tera are the script / injector users. A
honest player will never be able to output what script users put out. Then they have the audacity to call you "meh DPS" because you play legit and they use 3rd party programs up their dps..
My real problem with Tera are the script / injector users. A
honest player will never be able to output what script users put out. Then they have the audacity to call you "meh DPS" because you play legit and they use 3rd party programs up their dps..

Ignorance is also a problem.
Recommend searching what an injector actually does.
> @MargaretRose said:
> MatrixOfLeaders wrote: »
>
> My real problem with Tera are the script / injector users. A
> honest player will never be able to output what script users put out. Then they have the audacity to call you "meh DPS" because you play legit and they use 3rd party programs up their dps..
>
>
>
>
> Ignorance is also a problem.
> Recommend searching what an injector actually does.


The fact of the matter is that 3rd party programs and modifications of the client are against the tos...
> @MargaretRose said:
> MatrixOfLeaders wrote: »
>
> My real problem with Tera are the script / injector users. A
> honest player will never be able to output what script users put out. Then they have the audacity to call you "meh DPS" because you play legit and they use 3rd party programs up their dps..
>
>
>
>
> Ignorance is also a problem.
> Recommend searching what an injector actually does.


The fact of the matter is that 3rd party programs and modifications of the client are against the tos...

Of course.
Wonder why EME doesn't ban those players then.
Even unbanned such users.
https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/29777/focused-updates-on-tera-fuot-1
just learn to play tera ..

If you have not learned how to use skills rotation yet, it's your problem. If you do not know what crystals to use, it's your problem, if you do not know the mechanics of the dungeons it's your problem.
I am having 15min up to 20min clears on Gossamer Vault and the party is not always amazing with some players still learning and mostly having +9SC gear
If by "hacking" you mean packet injectors they aren't going to have more dps than someone who is close to the servers and has <20 ms ping... if your dps is bad you either have terrible internet, have a terrible computer, live on the other side of the world or need to learn how to play.
"a full party of legit players will take around 30-40mins to clear a dungeon " ..channelwork ? kalivan challenge ?
> @MargaretRose said:
> MatrixOfLeaders wrote: »
>
> My real problem with Tera are the script / injector users. A
> honest player will never be able to output what script users put out. Then they have the audacity to call you "meh DPS" because you play legit and they use 3rd party programs up their dps..
>
>
>
>
> Ignorance is also a problem.
> Recommend searching what an injector actually does.


The fact of the matter is that 3rd party programs and modifications of the client are against the tos...

Wrong. They used to be against TOS they are allowed now after the large Proxy outcry BHS is very much turning a blind eye to them. Also my SO is in HO gear and he is farm from Useless in a dungeon, he is one of the only people I like running with. I know if he's there we'll get things done in 30 minutes or less. You need better teams, like for real.
I don't know what point the OP is actually trying to make? This is as much some kind of weird attempt at discrediting legitimate players who very successfully cleared content over the years as it is a punch thrown at the proxy community.

I remember my first run of BRHM, back in VM5 patch. We had no tank. Basically the entire run was pretty much duoed by a Priest and a Warrior. The warrior was allegedly hitting 7m Scythes during a time when hitting for 5m was considered fairly impressive. Bosses just absolutely melted, and it was just one guy doing all the work.

By the OP's logic, he was clearly not a legitimate player because he was...good? Despite being a part of a specific subset of players who have existed since the game's release and still exist now.

Also for the record, the difference between my existing SC gear and fully enchanted HO is roughly 7k flat attack, which translates into a 26% damage increase before factoring in the extra power and everything else. How 26% can't be considered "a big leap", I don't really know.

This thread title needs to be changed.
This is pretty lol tbh. I've been told repeatedly for years now that I use proxy "or hack" when I run in lfg on my dps. Never touched proxy once. There's a lot more factors at play here than whether someone uses proxy or not... I guess the OP can't see that.
TERA PC - General Discussion#14 EmberBec05/13/2019, 09:49 PM
>oh check this out, i'm using skill prediction to play the game how it's supposed to be, aka with korea's sub-10ms ping, i'm also using fps utils for improved game performance!
"COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE, BAN THESE HACKERS AND LET EVERYONE PLAY THE GAME THE WAY WE ALWAYS DID, WITH HUGE PING SPIKES AND/OR 200ms+ AND A GOD-AWFULLY OPTIMIZED GAME WHICH IS STILL 32-BIT IN 2K19" -OP 2k19

before you start calling people hackers/scripters and things of similar caliber, do your research. there's a billion threads on the ethics behind proxy usage, but since you don't even have enough of a brain to find these threads let alone read up on what they're saying, lemme sum it up for you.
calling people "hackers" and banning them for proxy usage is like the government putting a ban on kitchen knives because they allow you to kill people. it's stupid, so don't blame the tool, blame individual players if they're really cheating. most proxy users are simply legit players who want a quality of life upgrade to their tera experience that bhs failed to provide them over and over.

tl;dr: OP is a brainless moron.
EmberBec wrote: »
>oh check this out, i'm using skill prediction to play the game how it's supposed to be, aka with korea's sub-10ms ping, i'm also using fps utils for improved game performance!
"COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE, BAN THESE HACKERS AND LET EVERYONE PLAY THE GAME THE WAY WE ALWAYS DID, WITH HUGE PING SPIKES AND/OR 200ms+ AND A GOD-AWFULLY OPTIMIZED GAME WHICH IS STILL 32-BIT IN 2K19" -OP 2k19

That's only half the problem with the OP. The other half is they're acting like good players with 200ms ping don't exist.
TERA PC - General Discussion#16 voidy05/13/2019, 10:47 PM
My point: This game make you feel bad and useless for not contributing at dungeon because legit players only contribute 10-20% in total while hackers do 80-90% of the work.

1. Scale your dungeon/world boss accordingly with the right gear stats
2. Remove hackers and let all every tera players finally have a taste of what tera truly offer

None of this is true. You're projecting your own skill level onto the majority. This game's old. There are guides everywhere. Video guides, too. It's not hard to get experience. Especially in PvE, where everyone has a vested interest in you getting good anyway. If you haven't already, join a guild and express an interest in improving. People are so bored they'll probably invite you just for the novelty of having someone new to take under their wing.

Your suggestions make me sad. Option 1 is asking them to do something they've ALREADY DONE so much already: making dungeons so easy that they aren't even fun anymore. I'd rather they just have three modes for dungeons. Hard mode, normal mode, and easy mode. People who are still learning can just go to easy mode until they're ready to actually try out the real challenges, while people who're used to these challenges can jump right in without having their fun ruined as well. But alas, bluehole clearly doesn't give a [filtered], so here we are. Option 2, removing anyone who uses third party tools, is one that they tried to do as well. It went so poorly that EU actually got a player boost from NA players jumping ship, and EME had to walk the decision back after they correctly realized that most third party tools are quality of life mods or tools to compensate for high ping. tbh, I still don't think the population's ever fully bounced back from that blunder. So many people either quit permanently or went to EU and never looked back.

By the way, I'm not denying that there ARE certainly cheaters in the top ranks. But the difference isn't anywhere near as big as you're making it sound, and the cases where it is noticeable (like the zerk speedhackers) are generally banned asap because people who take dps rankings seriously will report them nonstop. The kinds of discrepancies you're concerned about, assuming everything else like gear and ping and skill are equal, are a few percentage points -- the kind of thing you'd only notice with a dps meter. But that's a third party program, and you certainly wouldn't use those, right? ;)
sure he did not read guides of his class except
or was not a guild will help

unfortunately a party is 5 people so you have heroic +3 you'll get bored if your party does not know mechanics or rotations

because you think they go out partying already know first boss if they do not kill in 10 minutes is a waste of time

prefers to make legion after creating lfg
Eye does not invite anyone to inspect it before inviting him to the party

The real problem of the game is that people are not wasting their time helping someone start ... less than anyone who does not read any guide, it is advisable to be guild to help you with your class.

not so that it helps you to have everything full heroic that already depends on your effort
Perseverance while you play and decision guild if it helps or not.

nobody forces you to have full heroic
It depends on you how far you want to go. It's just that you know mechanics and your rotation. The guide of your class is enough
when you master that you yourself will realize if you continue at a party or leave a party
TERA PC - General Discussion#18 Activa05/14/2019, 12:16 AM
this kinda paranoic but okay
if you love TERA ..learn to play ... if dont wanna learn , go to cry to another game . THIS IS TERA!!!
if you love TERA ..learn to play ... if dont wanna learn , go to cry to another game . THIS IS TERA!!!

giphy.gif
TERA PC - General Discussion#21 kamizuru05/14/2019, 04:36 AM
30-40 min per run ? It is obvious that all of your party is a new to the game and has no idea how to play with class and dungeon. You should stop making false accusations about hackers and use that time to watch a guide about your class and dungeon. LOL Cry_Me_A_River.gif
OP: Why when this healer is around, all of sudden the dungeon run goes faster? He must've hacked the game.
Healer: *Regress/ Plague of Exhaustion the boss*
Healer: *Thrall/ Edict of Judgement the boss to death*
OP: HAXXXX!!

:smiley:
OP: Why when this healer is around, all of sudden the dungeon run goes faster? He must've hacked the game.
Healer: *Regress/ Plague of Exhaustion the boss*
Healer: *Thrall/ Edict of Judgement the boss to death*
OP: HAXXXX!!

:smiley:

add : dps slaying = hax
dps evading attack from boss = hax

on several occasions I saw dps using ONLY basic dps attacks and random skills attack in dungeon like Dark Reach Citadel . they are legit players ?
TERA PC - General Discussion#24 TechGuy05/14/2019, 05:23 PM
well, one of the main discrepancy is the use of "paid" scripts and the people with less than 80, even 50ms using proxy along with those, sadly the proxy is kinda a gateway not for only that but also for a lot of very nasty crap, and even if you are not using a paid script if you say proxy+skill preditcion doesnt boost your dps by a [filtered] ammount compared to a regular, "legit" player, you my friend are delusional, and the proof is that you cant play this game anymore without it.

anyway getting rid of it will make almost all the brazilians and south americans quit because "they cant play", which makes me wonder how they managed to play and clear content before all this proxy crap but yeah this proxy hacking is going rampant, they really should make something about it, just look at all those fishing bots running fishing scripts and all the nice exploits the proxy is the root cause of.

and btw I play this game with a really [filtered] ping of 120~100 and yes, I cannot put the [filtered] dps some of the scripts users do, even brazilians with worse ping than me, but hey I can play fairly well, I mean I played like this for years, but again there will be always people who need to have an advantage at all costs(dps boosts, dungeon guides), or the ones with the mentality of "0 ping is better than 20 ping", and that, well, cant be helped, people gonna cheat if they can.

hopefully someone really take a look on this issues @CobaltDragon
TERA PC - General Discussion#25 ghenea05/14/2019, 05:36 PM
went there, done that
you just go past all the ethical discussions about proxy usage and plain up jump on ditching it claiming people use "awful exploits!!!!" to obtain "unfair" advantages, which gets reported and banned fairly quickly... and if it doesnt, well, eme fault.

free sp, or even paid sp, just lets you play the game as if it was intended to be played, or better, like you would play it if krafton ever bothered implementing a client-side skill prediction or why not?, stopped introducing class skills that heavily rely on ping like bh or bf...
but people talking down on proxy will not understand/pretend they do not understand that at all, and just go on ranting without any real reason to.

a mentality like that could not be changed and there is not really any purpose in trying to argue to defend legit proxy users against people white knighting evident game flaws and saying "i play with 200ms just fine" - would be nice to know what dungeons they run and what gears they have, or if they just afk in hw all day playing the broker to buy costumes B)
if they are so clean to the point they do not even use a dps meter, i wonder why they complain about people having higher dps than them, they are not even supposed to know, after all! wink wink
@TechGuy
My friend, let me tell you a short story. I used to play on NA with 160-120 ping. My dps was average. I started using skill prediction. My dps got a lot better.
I transferred to EU. I have 20 ping. I used sp for a while out of habit, my dps was great. I STOPPED using sp because of ghosting and other wonky things. My dps didn't change.

Sp barely makes a difference at low ping. Not talking about paid scripts ofc.

Another thing about you commenting and wondering how brs used to play the game but now they can't play it without sp. The thing is, Koreans started setting up standards that were crazier and crazier than before. Much more intense dps checks, shields, timers, a lot more attack speed both for players and bosses, cooldown reduction through the roof etc. The game used to be a whole lot slower and required a lot less input and hpm from players.
Did you play tera eu classic? You would have noticed there - the difference between 150-30 ping was barely noticeable, lower ping just felt a tad smoother but the advantage wasn't as insane. Compare it to current version of the game where everyone is insanely fast, of course not playing with sp and 200 ping would be torture, especially after you got used to playing the game the way Koreans do, the way it was meant to be played.

Tera used to be a lot simpler, and it used to require less effort from players. Hell, servers took MONTHS to clear mch, nowadays all the new dungeons get cracked within hours and if I dare say, there have been hard modes more challenging than mch.
on several occasions I saw dps using ONLY basic dps attacks and random skills attack in dungeon like Dark Reach Citadel . they are legit players ?

I remember doing LKNM on my Lancer late 2016, and challenged myself to only use combo attack.

I was highest DPS.
TERA PC - General Discussion#28 kubitoid05/14/2019, 09:37 PM
hackers (1 or 2 that carry the entire dungeon) that takes about 5-10mins to clear a dungeon
lmao hack that takes 10 mins to clear. its not hack its a bad joke (or most likely good players with op gear). you clearly havnt seen real hacks in tera. scary stuff i tell you :skull:
TERA PC - General Discussion#29 Xandervb05/14/2019, 11:41 PM
Most of the time u will get quened with hackers (1 or 2 that carry the entire dungeon) that takes about 5-10mins to clear a dungeon [Even if u have the best gear your dps/heal compared to them is thrash]

This is pretty much self-explanatory. If you queue for anything more difficult than Channelworks, you are still a newbie and your rotation is probably trash (as it is for 90% of other IM players who just wait to be carried). DPS boost from ping reduction is 5-15% at best for NA player. If someone deals 5x more damage than you, you need to git gud.

TERA PC - General Discussion#30 Teiro05/15/2019, 02:17 AM
--Okay, the 5-10 / 10-30 minute dungeons or whatever is fine. If you are a new player.

--You shouldn't complain about something you don't know much about (Max geared players, or proxy users)
-Max geared players have probably a +2k,4k,6k, whatever hours more than you in experience (these players have practice their skills and rotations a lot more than "you")
-Yes a ton of people use proxy, but only a few use scripts which are seen as cheating (this shouldn't be allowed)

--If you're wanting to learn how to get better at Tera, just look up a guide
-Example: 'Tera Archer Guide' on google, you may find something. If you ask around on discord then you can find every single class discord/guide, Which these are extremely helpful to new players.
-Dungeon Guides, you can watch video's or find them tera essential mana or a similar site (may find some discord with these guides as well)

-Becoming a Great player just takes time... Don't call people "hackers"/"cheater" if you don't know everything about the game.

Happy to answer any questions, just don't spurt random nonsense(hopefully I didn't)
TERA PC - General Discussion#31 Milice05/16/2019, 08:45 AM
I play with 120-140 ping and i can EASILY clear dungeons in 10 minutes without using any third-party software, if you take 20 minutes to kill a boss that isn't Bahaar, then please ask your guild for training runs, read a guide and stay out of IMS until you've done some reading on how stuff works.
For amusement.
BanProxy.jpg
*Chuckle*
TERA PC - General Discussion#33 Emeris605/18/2019, 12:51 AM
Back on topic, There are a lot of factors that come into your dps, not just whether or not you're heroic oath. EP for instance would probably double most players damage, looking back I can definitely see a difference in my own. Also Gossamer Vault is a different story entirely, the bosses just seem to have too much health.
TERA PC - General Discussion#34 UPS13505/20/2019, 04:47 AM
Let's see how to put this, I played tera when it was p2p, I left the game and came back when it went free to play, I played when the cap went from 60 to 65, then left shortly after clearing schm when it released. I came back again right before rk9hm came in and left 2 weeks after it released and idk if I will come back. The only way is if they release something worthwhile.

If you want some help I will come and teach you and a few of your friends how to min/max and be more effective players. Rotations, stat lines, Crystal's, positioning, and your mindset really do make a major difference.

Dont really know how you will get a hold of me though, I have a healer and top tier seeker that can help out if I can convince them
You are bad at pve if a dungeon take +20min. You need go play SH or CS and be happy or enter in a guild with nebwies players and do 300k/s with HO gear.

gl.
yesterday . dungeon SC . 2 reapers = 600k/s ,warrior 900k/s each one (full frost ) . brawler drop party., i how priest .. last boss 20 min or more . i can drop too for the low dps but anyway fight with last boss without tank
You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.