TERA Online forum archive
TERA PC - General Discussion: Elite members got a kick in the face!
I've been out of game since the whole proxy take down. Our entire guild left the game and I have only popped in a few times here and there. However, I kept my elite subscription going the entirety of me being gone. I did so to support the Tera Community in my absence. I came back today to find out that one of the BIGGEST reasons I purchased Elite to begin with was the exemption of paying Marketplace taxes. This was one of the biggest reasons a good portion of the player base had elite to begin with. So what Bluehole is telling us is that even though we've been paying into elite for how many years.. that it's okay to take away one of the main benefits of having it begin with?!?!? This earnest money they charge has ABSOLUTELY NO BENEFIT to Bluehole WHAT SO EVER! It does not benefit them monetary wise in any single way shape or form. SO why the hell are elite members now being charged this?

It's give and take with Bluehole/Enmasse it's always been this way. They give you rewards or content to pull you in as a distraction so they can take things away. The rewards are never good and never have been majority of the stuff they hand out is temporary items. The content is seriously lacking! The pvp is dry as hell! They remove one of the best battlegrounds in PVP to reintroduce a new battleground. Why not remove kumas, or iron battleground if you wanted to replace a battleground for the new one? Or hell why not keep them how they were? They released awakening skills and massively [filtered] over healers at the same time. Anyone with a brain knows that reducing healing by over half and increasing damage output would only lead to a disaster. Which it did, hence why most mystic players resorted to damage and killing in battlegrounds because they felt worthless healing for 20% of the damage that was being output. THAT only lasted so long until bluehole decided to then modify and [filtered] on their thralls making the class even less appealing. I hear that in PVE now that Mystics are being kicked and booted from groups because of how bad the class is.

Event rewards are no where near what they use to be. What do we get now? Temporary 7 day items? Thanks a lot! I remember back in the day when they had cool mongo events with material rewards that we used and needed. I remember those spur of the moment events when Space cats would do his Friday streams handing out pretty good rewards. That's nothing but a thing of the past. The main explanation to all of this is that Enmasse, and Bluehole are SO far out of touch with what the player base wants. They barely play an ounce of their own content and game that they have absolutely no knowledge of the nerfs, and removal of content and how effects their player base. They have removed just about everything the player base once loved about this game.

This has become routine to pull stunts like this? The players base is still unhealthy as ever even with this new update, and they continue to s*** on us. I will tell you after paying for elite for several years that I am now at my wits end.. I've SUPPORTED this game since BETA. I've literally had just about enough of this company and their BS! You want players to stick around? How about you LISTEN to what players want. Don't give handouts out and mislead people and take more than what you're handing out. Greed is a B****, and it's ruining your company!
What I can tell you is that:

1) This is a change BHS rolled out to all regions worldwide
2) Negative feedback and suggestions were sent by EME to BHS about it (with very detailed and eloquent rationale)
3) It's in BHS's hands whether changes are made to this worldwide.
4) EME is also aware of people's feelings on the lowering value of Elite as a result of this and considering their options based on the restriction imposed.

I think it's crucial that feedback be registered on this topic, but insinuating they're doing this to [filtered] over paying customers isn't going to help get your point across to them, even if you think that's the effect/result.

A number of players have recommended that the much better way to put a gold sink on the broker is via sales tax (not listing taxes), and we still hope that BHS will change their mind and adopt a more "free-market friendly" approach.
all i can state is that since the last patch our guild which was active enough to be climbing the ranks of the top 100 guilds steadily has become a very inactive guild
all were elite payers and thous that could have withdrawn their payments and elite whilst the others have upfront payed fora longer extended period just stopped playing over the way elite has been handled , between this the DG entries and the reset scroll debacle causing the roll back

males me wonder how much they have and are loosing in guaranteed revenue thru the elite system
What I can tell you is that:

1) This is a change BHS rolled out to all regions worldwide
2) Negative feedback and suggestions were sent by EME to BHS about it (with very detailed and eloquent rationale)
3) It's in BHS's hands whether changes are made to this worldwide.
4) EME is also aware of people's feelings on the lowering value of Elite as a result of this and considering their options based on the restriction imposed.

I think it's crucial that feedback be registered on this topic, but insinuating they're doing this to [filtered] over paying customers isn't going to help get your point across to them, even if you think that's the effect/result.

A number of players have recommended that the much better way to put a gold sink on the broker is via sales tax (not listing taxes), and we still hope that BHS will change their mind and adopt a more "free-market friendly" approach.


(I edited the thread title so it doesn't get deleted as flamebait by EME, but the body is pretty close too. I know you're mad, but for feedback like this to stick around here, it can't be full of personal attacks no matter how angry you are.)

I am sorry but as a player for many years in this game. You tend to lose your cool at times because this has been going on for far too long. Hell, this isn't even the beginning of the problems that have occurred. They nearly lost all of their player base and I assume this latest update has probably brought back a few players, but it's no way any fix. Yes they removed xigncode which was the smartest decision they have made.. but once again they have not brought back all the players they have lost.

I am not sure if Bluehole makes these decisions based off of peer whim without a single thought process behind them, but it almost seems like they want to sabotage their own game. I feel bad for Enmasse because they most often have to take the back seat. However.. if this is an elite membership and Enmasse is charging the membership. I would only assume that this has everything to do with what Enmasse and not Bluehole. Unless for whatever reason they can't pick and choose what they give with their own membership? If that is true..it's pretty sad that Enmasse has such little control as a publisher. I do know that they can hand out rewards and charge whatever they want for their store items. So why they wouldn't have full control over their own membership rewards is unbelievable..
>NO FEE ON CONSOLE!

because console hasnt caught up yet, they're a mix of patches involving lack of gold and herioc oath with no awakening or EP
People must deal with sad true, this game got his worst patch in years, a patch destinated to milk core players , people which support the game, and make the game impossible for free to play model. Upcoming patches are even worst. Guess they are trying to milk more money until game closes. Sadly
I've been out of game since the whole proxy take down. Our entire guild left the game and I have only popped in a few times here and there. However, I kept my elite subscription going the entirety of me being gone. I did so to support the Tera Community in my absence.

So, you keep paying for a product you don't play and don't like? Out of what, nostalgia? By keeping your subscription going as long as game servers are up, you essentially made yourself the least priority customer.

When all the third party/hacking drama exploded, I voted with my wallet. If more players had decided to do so on first week, we would have had it resolved within a month and not over a year of slow irreversible decline.

If you want to make an impact, save that money and when you see more incentives to play being introducted, spend it all on EMP as a grand gesture of approval.
Xandervb wrote: »
I've been out of game since the whole proxy take down. Our entire guild left the game and I have only popped in a few times here and there. However, I kept my elite subscription going the entirety of me being gone. I did so to support the Tera Community in my absence.

So, you keep paying for a product you don't play and don't like? Out of what, nostalgia? By keeping your subscription going as long as game servers are up, you essentially made yourself the least priority customer.

When all the third party/hacking drama exploded, I voted with my wallet. If more players had decided to do so on first week, we would have had it resolved within a month and not over a year of slow irreversible decline.

If you want to make an impact, save that money and when you see more incentives to play being introducted, spend it all on EMP as a grand gesture of approval.

Yeah, the people who need to do that the most aren't the people reading things like this on the forums, if they even come to the forums at all.
I am not sure if Bluehole makes these decisions based off of peer whim without a single thought process behind them, but it almost seems like they want to sabotage their own game. I feel bad for Enmasse because they most often have to take the back seat. However.. if this is an elite membership and Enmasse is charging the membership. I would only assume that this has everything to do with Enmasse not Bluehole. Unless for whatever reason they can't pick and choose what they give with their own membership? If that is true..it's pretty sad that Enmasse has such little control as a publisher. I do know that they can hand out rewards and charge whatever they want for their store items. So why they wouldn't have full control over their own membership rewards is unbelievable..

As we already remember from the dragon situation from a few years back, they can't charge whatever they want for store items or hand out rewards however they want either. There's flexibility within certain limits; some things are mandatory and others at the publishers' discretion.

As mentioned, this was a change deployed to all regions, except Console only because it is many patches further behind (when they catch up, they'll likely get it). Maybe if there's a huge backlash and they see sales drop precipitously and they can directly attribute this, they'll back off or allow other regions to differ. So it's good to give the feedback, but at this point I am sure they will be looking closely to see what impact the change has on Elite sales/subscriptions and broker activity.

ALL of the potions, xp boosts, crafter's cure are available on the marketplace and can be easily obtainable as a non elite member?!?
A technicality, though I'm definitely not saying it's enough: they did make a small change to this too in the latest patch as it relates to the grind from 65 to 70. All the existing XP Boost scrolls were changed to only work up to level 64, but the Elite Boost works up to level 70. They do have new Rapid XP potions that work from 65 to 70, but these stack with Elite. So in other words, Elite now have an XP boost that you cannot get while F2P for the stretch between 65 and 70.

Again, I'm not saying that's enough or justifies the price (certainly not if you're not actively playing the game), but this is something they changed. It wouldn't surprise me if other things changed.
Dumb question: Their "I'm sorry for the rollback, here's 5 days of elite" was nice except for the players who already subscribed. Do they plan anything special for the people who already subscribed?? We got nothing. Please suggest that a free week or two of elite ONLY for the people who already subbed would be nice. We have paid them monthly only to have our perks given out to everyone else for free.
TERA PC - General Discussion#11 Christin04/21/2019, 03:16 PM
The whopping 2% hasn't really bothered the broker at all. In fact, people are still undercutting like crazy. For every 1 person the lose over the 2% listing fee, they'll gain 5 over the other better elite benefits. Don't forget you also get a 5% discount on the buyitnow fees.
TERA PC - General Discussion#12 kamizuma04/21/2019, 04:42 PM
Christin wrote: »
The whopping 2% hasn't really bothered the broker at all. In fact, people are still undercutting like crazy. For every 1 person the lose over the 2% listing fee, they'll gain 5 over the other better elite benefits. Don't forget you also get a 5% discount on the buyitnow fees.

Why lie? Simply looking up commonly traded service items like bank exp/char slot/elite ect. shows that there are only a fraction listed compared to before and that the prices have already gone up 15-25% compared to before.

So again, why lie?
Coz that's how their 'economy 101' works. Through wishful thinking.
People who are 'undercutting like crazy' are either oblivious to the trade broker new changes, or oblivious to their own losses.
Who would want to 'undercut' anything if it cost them every time they undercut.
> @Krystaline said:
> Dumb question: Their "I'm sorry for the rollback, here's 5 days of elite" was nice except for the players who already subscribed. Do they plan anything special for the people who already subscribed?? We got nothing. Please suggest that a free week or two of elite ONLY for the people who already subbed would be nice. We have paid them monthly only to have our perks given out to everyone else for free.



Entitlement 101.

Are you seriously complaining about a few days of Elite....
TERA PC - General Discussion#15 Elinu104/21/2019, 08:27 PM
kamizuma wrote: »
Christin wrote: »
The whopping 2% hasn't really bothered the broker at all. In fact, people are still undercutting like crazy. For every 1 person the lose over the 2% listing fee, they'll gain 5 over the other better elite benefits. Don't forget you also get a 5% discount on the buyitnow fees.

Why lie? Simply looking up commonly traded service items like bank exp/char slot/elite ect. shows that there are only a fraction listed compared to before and that the prices have already gone up 15-25% compared to before.

So again, why lie?

wow for once I agree with you kami. :)
Krystaline wrote: »
Dumb question: Their "I'm sorry for the rollback, here's 5 days of elite" was nice except for the players who already subscribed. Do they plan anything special for the people who already subscribed?? We got nothing. Please suggest that a free week or two of elite ONLY for the people who already subbed would be nice. We have paid them monthly only to have our perks given out to everyone else for free.

In the post regarding it, they literally said they were adding 5 extra days of elite on to the account, extending whatever time existing elite players had, provided that the players logged in to tera during the window it was active.
Christin wrote: »
The whopping 2% hasn't really bothered the broker at all. In fact, people are still undercutting like crazy. For every 1 person the lose over the 2% listing fee, they'll gain 5 over the other better elite benefits. Don't forget you also get a 5% discount on the buyitnow fees.

Hello, i am not trying to entirely argue with you so please do not take it as such but instead i am looking to share some information from the broker.

ZTWT3zf.jpg


As you can see the Diamond is now sold at 12k up to 13k per piece while before the tax it used to be around 10.5k for so many months always having a stable price but now this happened and we even had some nights lately when for example we had Diamonds being sold at broker ( and history ) for even 14k per piece.

Of course, we can consider that the enchanting event is increasing the demand but we had enchanting events in the past and the Diamonds still had a stable price never going up to 14k per piece.

Also, the etchings II are much more expensive now with an increase of 25% up to 50% due to the lack of etching materials ( etching III almost disappeared from the broker actually when we were able to see so many at 8k before the tax ) but also the fact that once again the players are less inclined to spend time into something that might not be always profitable ( the fear of adding items for a fee to be undercut and not selling items while losing the fee is real ).


And this might be only the beginning since hopefully we are not going to see Diamonds slowly but steadily being sold at 14k per piece or even 15k per piece sometimes in the future when enchanting above a certain point relies on the said items so much while Etchings II could end up even at 20k per piece.

> @Krystaline said:
> Dumb question: Their "I'm sorry for the rollback, here's 5 days of elite" was nice except for the players who already subscribed. Do they plan anything special for the people who already subscribed?? We got nothing. Please suggest that a free week or two of elite ONLY for the people who already subbed would be nice. We have paid them monthly only to have our perks given out to everyone else for free.



Entitlement 101.

Are you seriously complaining about a few days of Elite....
#1 never say this was a BHS decision. That is a lie, every publisher has the right to change what they want on their version. #2 Tera is no longer a pc game, it has been changed to a mobile game over 2 years ago and with the new dungeon points system it’s more clear than ever now. #3 Changes to the entire structure of the game is a must or in less than 6 month the game is dead, my evidence is look at broker and emp prices. #4 I will never support Tera again with EMP purchase, not with elite not with Tera store purchases. When all the crazy money hungry bad decisions end I will support it again.
You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.