TERA Online forum archive
TERA PC - General Discussion: Black Desert is not a good game.
TERA has things going for it, a lot less in the last couple of years but it still has some things. The worst thing you can do is copy another baddie Korean game.

Revamp BAMS, make new BAMS. People that play Black Desert want to AFK fish most people that play TERA actually want to PLAY a game.
black desert is not the only game has fishing skills example... metin2 from 2004..
even world of warcraft has fishing i think
Warframe has Fishing, and its pretty good.
black desert is not the only game has fishing skills example... metin2 from 2004..
Ya was more referring to games that have actually been played.
even world of warcraft has fishing i think
Ya so does Nier Automata. So do a lot of games.


TERA PC - General Discussion#6 voidy12/05/2018, 07:07 AM
I enjoy BDO, but I agree with your overall sentiment.

The sad truth is TERA has been trying to copy other games in the genre for years now. I can't find the exact quote so don't hate on me too much, but when campfires and charms were removed from the game, one of the reasons for it was to both streamline tera and to make it more like modern MMOs. I swear I remember reading a translated article where a Korean exec actually said that world of warcraft didn't have campfires, so tera doesn't need that kind of superfluous fluff either. You see it everywhere. Look at the UI. Sure, some will tell you it's optimized and blablabla, but they didn't need to change the design this much to get an optimized UI. Their design was undoubtedly driven by a desire to make tera's user interface resemble every other bland MMO on the market. For reference, [url]https://msfl.tokyo/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/97b29c566f76848713df7529e0b7f055.jpghere's the Bless UI.[/url] Look familiar? It's not unique to Bless, either. So many games use that tired generic looking setup.

And now here we are with fishing. I won't judge it 'til it's out, but yeah. If all the other non-dungeon "extracurricular" activities in this game are an indication (reputation dailies, crafting dyes, bamarama, the overworld in general) then fishing will join them as another system that was implemented, enjoyed for a month, and then quickly abandoned in favor of activities that take advantage of tera's unique combat system.

I want to slap the devs sometimes for what they've done to this game. The uniqueness and the quirks were what made it stand out. The MMO genre is in a terrible state right now because most MMOs are bad; stop copying them. Removing the old cosmetic armor system in favor of a bland fashion coupon shop (which went on to be abandoned for years until a much needed revamp relatively recently) was the start on a long line of homogenization, like removing campfires, removing charms, failing to update reputation daily shops to make the overworld worth participating in, letting people simply warp to a dungeon entrance so that everyone can just afk in Velika/Highwatch and never actually set up a hub anywhere else, etc.


voidy wrote: »
I enjoy BDO, but I agree with your overall sentiment.

The sad truth is TERA has been trying to copy other games in the genre for years now. I can't find the exact quote so don't hate on me too much, but when campfires and charms were removed from the game, one of the reasons for it was to both streamline tera and to make it more like modern MMOs. I swear I remember reading a translated article where a Korean exec actually said that world of warcraft didn't have campfires, so tera doesn't need that kind of superfluous fluff either. You see it everywhere. Look at the UI. Sure, some will tell you it's optimized and blablabla, but they didn't need to change the design this much to get an optimized UI. Their design was undoubtedly driven by a desire to make tera's user interface resemble every other bland MMO on the market. For reference, here's the Bless UI. Look familiar? It's not unique to Bless, either. So many games use that tired generic looking setup.

And now here we are with fishing. I won't judge it 'til it's out, but yeah. If all the other non-dungeon "extracurricular" activities in this game are an indication (reputation dailies, crafting dyes, bamarama, the overworld in general) then fishing will join them as another system that was implemented, enjoyed for a month, and then quickly abandoned in favor of activities that take advantage of tera's unique combat system.

I want to slap the devs sometimes for what they've done to this game. The uniqueness and the quirks were what made it stand out. The MMO genre is in a terrible state right now because most MMOs are bad; stop copying them. Removing the old cosmetic armor system in favor of a bland fashion coupon shop (which went on to be abandoned for years until a much needed revamp relatively recently) was the start on a long line of homogenization, like removing campfires, removing charms, failing to update reputation daily shops to make the overworld worth participating in, letting people simply warp to a dungeon entrance so that everyone can just afk in Velika/Highwatch and never actually set up a hub anywhere else, etc.


Campfire system was removed because it felt bad to wait and then people would just use consumables to avoid it, the intention of having them was to promote player interaction while you waited between bosses [being social]. The system didn't achieve this since you either had groups using consumables to avoid it, clueless people ignoring it, or people just alt tabbing anyways. This meant it was a pointless inconvenience that took away from just enjoying the combat [also why consumables got simplified]. Being different for the sake of being different isn't a good thing.
black desert is not the only game has fishing skills example... metin2 from 2004..

Wow, someone remembers Metin 2.
TERA PC - General Discussion#9 voidy12/05/2018, 12:10 PM
Yamazuki wrote: »
voidy wrote: »
I enjoy BDO, but I agree with your overall sentiment.

The sad truth is TERA has been trying to copy other games in the genre for years now. I can't find the exact quote so don't hate on me too much, but when campfires and charms were removed from the game, one of the reasons for it was to both streamline tera and to make it more like modern MMOs. I swear I remember reading a translated article where a Korean exec actually said that world of warcraft didn't have campfires, so tera doesn't need that kind of superfluous fluff either. You see it everywhere. Look at the UI. Sure, some will tell you it's optimized and blablabla, but they didn't need to change the design this much to get an optimized UI. Their design was undoubtedly driven by a desire to make tera's user interface resemble every other bland MMO on the market. For reference, here's the Bless UI. Look familiar? It's not unique to Bless, either. So many games use that tired generic looking setup.

And now here we are with fishing. I won't judge it 'til it's out, but yeah. If all the other non-dungeon "extracurricular" activities in this game are an indication (reputation dailies, crafting dyes, bamarama, the overworld in general) then fishing will join them as another system that was implemented, enjoyed for a month, and then quickly abandoned in favor of activities that take advantage of tera's unique combat system.

I want to slap the devs sometimes for what they've done to this game. The uniqueness and the quirks were what made it stand out. The MMO genre is in a terrible state right now because most MMOs are bad; stop copying them. Removing the old cosmetic armor system in favor of a bland fashion coupon shop (which went on to be abandoned for years until a much needed revamp relatively recently) was the start on a long line of homogenization, like removing campfires, removing charms, failing to update reputation daily shops to make the overworld worth participating in, letting people simply warp to a dungeon entrance so that everyone can just afk in Velika/Highwatch and never actually set up a hub anywhere else, etc.


Campfire system was removed because it felt bad to wait and then people would just use consumables to avoid it, the intention of having them was to promote player interaction while you waited between bosses [being social]. The system didn't achieve this since you either had groups using consumables to avoid it, clueless people ignoring it, or people just alt tabbing anyways. This meant it was a pointless inconvenience that took away from just enjoying the combat [also why consumables got simplified]. Being different for the sake of being different isn't a good thing.

Don't get me wrong. From a purely utilitarian standpoint, I prefer just popping a nostrum. But campfires were a cool thing even on a cosmetic level, especially on the roleplay server. They should have kept them in the game as a cosmetic thing, even if they were useless from a utility standpoint, if only to let people use them and sit around them. No reason to remove it completely like that, but they did it anyway. Campfires are just one example of many that I listed, and it's probably the weakest example to boot, so I'm not gonna get hung up over it.

Point is, BHS removes or neglects "fluff" elements of their game in favor of streamlining and assimilating to genre standards. Now they have a game that's super bare bones with nothing going for it except the fast paced action combat, and their answer to that problem is fishing -- an activity that is the antithesis of fast and action paced. It just looks dull, and unless the rewards are incredible and change regularly to avoid oversaturation in the marketplace, I can see it being abandoned in a month. But hey, at least we have fishing now! We're just like the other MMOs! xD!
TERA PC - General Discussion#10 Nopi12/05/2018, 01:47 PM
I would have preferred other action based activities, like a return of tank combat, mount races (GW2 has some and are kind of fun)(maybe add a boost feature to ground mounts for that purpose), or if fishing, make it more active like warframe, even if we are also taking stuff from other games here.

....but then again, what's with all this surge of fishing in games? WF has it, Kritika has it, now tera.. has any fishing association been pushing some agenda to promote that sport?
TERA PC - General Discussion#11 Dvsv12/05/2018, 02:34 PM
The only thing BHS want with Tera is to make the game into a generic korean cash grab with new broken af classes and more non viable grinding each patch.
They're clueless, almost every "revamp" or change they made since 2015 actually made the game worse!
If what they did in the past 2~3 years are so good why we got only 2 servers now and like 1/4 of the player pop?

I remember the first "crafting revamp" when they removed campfire, they completely destroyed gathering and entirely gutted crafting.
Then fast foward ~1 year, we got that garbage gearing revamp (imho one of the biggest mistake on Tera) that turned crafting into this ultra boring thing where we waste hundreds thousands of gold in recipes so we can AFK for hours converting thousands of mats!
Fast foward 1 more year and now here we are with them changing crafting again hahaha, i bet that it'll be somehow worse and more grindy for the players!
Heck just look what they're doing with that new pvp gear bs: 2015-2016 pvp gear, 2017-2018 no pvp gear, 2019 return of pvp gear, wtf are they just drunk or something lol? Is this even the same developer???
What bothers me is that players can AFK while fishing and still get rewards more or less as Black Desert works...

Actually, we might end up doing as much gold per hour being AFK as being active ( then we come back and fail a few times at enchanting and go AFK again ).

This game.
TERA PC - General Discussion#13 Nopi12/05/2018, 04:45 PM
Dvsv wrote: »
The only thing BHS want with Tera is to make the game into a generic korean cash grab with new broken af classes and more non viable grinding each patch.
They're clueless, almost every "revamp" or change they made since 2015 actually made the game worse!
If what they did in the past 2~3 years are so good why we got only 2 servers now and like 1/4 of the player pop?

I remember the first "crafting revamp" when they removed campfire, they completely destroyed gathering and entirely gutted crafting.
Then fast foward ~1 year, we got that garbage gearing revamp (imho one of the biggest mistake on Tera) that turned crafting into this ultra boring thing where we waste hundreds thousands of gold in recipes so we can AFK for hours converting thousands of mats!
Fast foward 1 more year and now here we are with them changing crafting again hahaha, i bet that it'll be somehow worse and more grindy for the players!
Heck just look what they're doing with that new pvp gear bs: 2015-2016 pvp gear, 2017-2018 no pvp gear, 2019 return of pvp gear, wtf is this even the same developer???

What I wonder is why people keep playing this games to begin with, if they are all as bad as some people state... Maybe the West should commit themselves to finally bury the MMO genre forever and make it be an East-only thing.
TERA PC - General Discussion#14 Ellexem12/05/2018, 05:07 PM
The AFK option for fishing, as described, is pretty much just cooking base material farming. How is that any different from popping a Felicity and letting it auto-gather for you at something like Rootstock? (Outside of it not being a premium item required and that you can outright gear a fishing rod optimized for it, if that is what you want.)

The Rootstock gathering comparison seems especially fitting since the foods that you can make largely ape the Rootstock ones anyway. Which, I would expect, will have it so that foods will now be treated as mandatory for all content, since they'll be easier to attain. (Or as mandatory as a Nostrum/Battle Solution anyway.) Something that is likely to keep the fishing system viable in general as well. (Also likely going to crater the Rootstock food market, but that will depend on the cost to make. Not that it would be anything new to have something non-cash shop, that players used for profit, get obliterated.)

Any of the actual bigger fish, that are supposed to be worth more or whatever, are not going to get caught while you AFK it, as far as I understand it. So if you want to profit from the thing, to do those daily turn-ins, then you aren't going to be able to AFK it anyway.

I really don't think that we can say that the AFK portion is what is bad about the fishing system. We'll need to see how the rest of it works before we can decry it as another waste of time or not at all building on the action combat aspects. (To be clear, I don't really expect much from it, but the AFK portion really doesn't come across as the part that would be horrible. It seems like it'll instead be the part with the most boon to the playerbase, since it'll make sure that the foods will be more readily available, making everyone stronger for the other activities, raising the baseline, as it were.)
I have forgot about something since i am now on the PvE server.

It might be possible to Outlaw and PK the AFK fishers at the Kaiator server? "evil grin"

TERA PC - General Discussion#16 Zoknahal12/05/2018, 08:41 PM
I wouldnt call it copying content from other games, more like, Fishing and other activities are becoming more common and pretty much the streamline of MMOs.

BDO, WoW, Warframe and TERA arent the first ones to have fishing as a side activity. If you remember, around the time when TERA was still Pay to Play, There was a nice little game called Lunia. This game had fishing already as their side activity. Sadly the game shut down. But as you can see, The games mentioned already arent the first ones to "copy" content of other games.

If anything, we will see if TERA fishing is actually an activity you have to do while online, or if you can AFK Fish. I am already interested in the rotting mechanic of the fishing in TERA, so you cannot store copious amount of fish for a later resale, you either use them, or use them. This is actually really nice to my opinion.
Zoknahal wrote: »
Warframe has Fishing, and its pretty good.
Another game with fishing, except you have to actually play the game, unlike Black Desert where you hit the spacebar and go to bed.

Not even, at least back when I played. Hell, the game even automatically goes into screensaver mode if you're away for long enough!

And with Warframe, you can get some cool items with either the "standing" you can acquire from fishing or the various parts harvested from the fish themselves (for the uninitiated, "Standing" is pretty much like the old Reputation system in TERA - the higher your rank with a faction, the more items available for you to purchase). Whether or not TERA has also adopted something like that remains to be seen.
a random guy say "Don't copy content from other games" ... if dont like tera .. you back to play fortnite.
TERA PC - General Discussion#19 Yamazuki12/06/2018, 07:22 AM
voidy wrote: »
and their answer to that problem is fishing -- an activity that is the antithesis of fast and action paced.
What you're complaining about that has been removed, or altered, were more of an antithesis to Tera's combat, than fishing is. Sitting around instead of killing stuff while you're trying to kill stuff, having to re-use several consumables after each death instead of pressing one/a couple and continuing, managing an excessive amount of consumables that realistically had no variance due to clear best in slots for each category in nearly every situation, or the ui that took excessive amount of space for the information it displayed. Fishing isn't something that negatively impacts the game's combat, as it's another activity you can do when waiting that isn't IOD/etc. Side content is also something that has been requested for years, not every bit of content is meant to be played by everyone.

It's also silly to say "don't copy other games" when there's actually nothing that BHS has done that is unique to Tera. Tera is no different than other KR MMORPGs that mostly copied the games that came before it, the only real difference between Tera and them was the shift from pure tab target to action combat.
TERA PC - General Discussion#20 voidy12/06/2018, 09:48 AM
Yamazuki wrote: »
voidy wrote: »
and their answer to that problem is fishing -- an activity that is the antithesis of fast and action paced.
What you're complaining about that has been removed, or altered, were more of an antithesis to Tera's combat, than fishing is.

I don't think they all fall into that category. My complaints involved removing campfires, charms, the old fashion system, reputation dailies (these weren't removed, but they're basically obsolete), and making it possible to insta-warp to any dungeon's entrance from anywhere in the world. I have many other complaints (like removing blast from the past), but that's not the purpose of this thread. We've already been over campfires and charms, and I don't really disagree that they were annoying in combat compared to nostrums. But reputation dailies served an important purpose: in addition to just being extra fluff content, they also provided incentive for players to go to other regions and participate in the game's world, which made the game feel alive since you'd walk around and see people actually doing things. The saving-up aspect of the shop also gave players another reason to log in and another thing to look forward to, and since most rep dailies involved fighting stuff, it at least tried to tie into the game's niche action combat. Insta-warping isn't even related to combat so I don't know how you can call fast travel the 'antithesis of action combat,' but making it possible for everyone to just sit in highwatch all day kills 99% of the game's world and probably deters new players who feel like they're playing a single player game when they're sent outside velika. Back before vanguard fast travel was a thing, when a new dungeon came out, the town nearby effectively became the new hub for a lot of people, and so the game constantly felt like it was changing with each patch. It was a little thing, but little things add up. Now it's gone. The old fashion system is another one of those things. It has nothing to do with combat, but it adds an additional element to the game so it doesn't feel bare bones and skeletal like it does right now.

Perhaps the issue isn't so much that fishing feels like the opposite of tera's combat, but that fishing is being introduced as the sole alternative to mindlessly killing things, now that all the other fluff is gone. By themselves, all of the things I mentioned are not enough to feel like good fluff. But together, they form a cohesive whole that produces a living game world and enough 'extra' stuff to make the experience feel at least a little more varied than it does not. Since all of those things are gone, fishing is burdened with filling that entire void by itself, and I just don't think it can.

...

But whether we agree or disagree there is beside my main point, which is that that tera's history is full of systems (like the ones that I've just discussed, heck, gathering comes to mind as well. I hated gathering, but you can't deny that it's another 'thing' that's just tossed to the side) that BHS implements, neglects, and then either removes or renders so obsolete that no player would partake in them. Again, whether you think those systems are fun or not isn't the point. I don't really care if you think the old systems were good or bad; I'm not a fan of them all, either. I'm just positive that unless something different is done in this case (namely, alternating the rewards in the fishing system so that the singular good reward doesn't become oversaturated and worthless, or not making it another grindy gear fest), we'll just see people fishing for a month and then it'll be empty.
Yamazuki wrote: »
It's also silly to say "don't copy other games" when there's actually nothing that BHS has done that is unique to Tera.
I wonder, could anything be considered original by your broad definition of it?
Find me a game with the exact feel of tera's combat. I know others who've looked and they can't find it. BDO comes close, but it's not the same. It's actually infuriating, because this game is so bad sometimes but nobody's bothered just stealing their combat system and making a better MMO. Seriously, if you know of a game that has tera's combat, please tell me so I can go play it instead. Otherwise, don't say Tera has nothing unique going for it.

Heck, talking about campfires -- yeah, campfires exist in other games. You can start a fire in runescape and cook fish on it. But campfires as an element of the combat experience? The game pushing players in an already intimate raiding experience (5 people isn't many) to sit together and wait, for the mutual benefit of the group? Now, I'll admit, maybe if you google hard enough you can find another game with a similar system, but that was pretty unique to me. Some people had complaints about it, which is fair. It wasn't perfect. NONE of this stuff is perfect. But instead of tweaking it, they scrapped it and now we have one (1) pot in place of that entire old system which had a purpose behind it.

Also the new UI looks like garbage. I don't think the old UI was perfect. I think it could've been tweaked. Should've been. It hurt people's performance and definitely had some issues. But this new one is literally standard 2018 generic MMO UI, and it's just sad to see something that was pretty detailed (especially the laurels; I know they had performance issues of their own but they were gorgeous) turn into this ugly streamlined thing that other MMOs are adopting.

That's it from me though! I doubt we'll ever see eye to eye on this, which is fine, and most of this stuff is completely beside the main point anyway.
a random guy say "Don't copy content from other games" ... if dont like tera .. you back to play fortnite.

I'm pretty sure if people wanted to play Fortnite, they, you know, would play Fortnite. But TERA does things that Fortnite does not - you can't fault people for wanting some improvements to the game, especially since there are issues that have been around for literal years and some of those have actually gotten worse.

People are simply saying "Hey, trying to play 'Follow the Leader' in this fashion may not be the best idea..."
a random guy say "Don't copy content from other games" ... if dont like tera .. you back to play fortnite.

but fortnite copied Pubg :)
TERA PC - General Discussion#23 Christin12/06/2018, 04:19 PM
Good thing they merged the servers, so we can all fish together. smh
Christin wrote: »
Good thing they merged the servers, so we can all fish together. smh

Don't fish where I am you have " Xigncode." I don't want you giving my system the desease.LOL
voidy wrote: »
Heck, talking about campfires -- yeah, campfires exist in other games. You can start a fire in runescape and cook fish on it. But campfires as an element of the combat experience? The game pushing players in an already intimate raiding experience (5 people isn't many) to sit together and wait, for the mutual benefit of the group? Now, I'll admit, maybe if you google hard enough you can find another game with a similar system, but that was pretty unique to me. Some people had complaints about it, which is fair. It wasn't perfect. NONE of this stuff is perfect. But instead of tweaking it, they scrapped it and now we have one (1) pot in place of that entire old system which had a purpose behind it.

TERA's campfires weren't as bad as Vindictus', if you can believe that.

In Vindictus, making a campfire was a separate skill to invest in (albeit one with only a single level, if memory serves). You could only make them in dungeons and you needed wood found around the environment. And since a) you could only make one campfire per dungeon and b) dungeons were often split up into sections with no backtracking, if for some reason you couldn't find any errant wood lying around in your current area, you were SoL.

Best case scenario and you were actually able to find everything? You still had to literally SIT next to the fire for about 30 seconds to receive any buffs from it. Now to be fair, it was a not-insignificant health and damage boost and lasted for 30 minutes (or until death) and the fire itself gave health regeneration and let you repair your equipment, so it wasn't the worst investment, even if it did grind your progress to a halt whenever you felt like setting one up.

By the way, thank f**k weapon and armor degradation isn't a thing TERA. Holy smack, can you imagine...
TERA PC - General Discussion#26 MyuuMew12/06/2018, 11:03 PM
almost all asian games, even western ones have fishing this isnt copying but just how it is, and bdo wasnt the first mmo to have fishing/afk fishing either
SageWindu wrote: »
By the way, thank f**k weapon and armor degradation isn't a thing TERA. Holy smack, can you imagine...

i thought the new pvp exclusive gear had a chance to degrade unless im remebering wrong?
TERA PC - General Discussion#27 vkobe12/06/2018, 11:45 PM
TERA has things going for it, a lot less in the last couple of years but it still has some things. The worst thing you can do is copy another baddie Korean game.

Revamp BAMS, make new BAMS. People that play Black Desert want to AFK fish most people that play TERA actually want to PLAY a game. You should be working on your strengths not trying to be like what is frankly one of the worst MMOs out there.

but tera strenght is cute elin :3

black desert is one of the worst mmorpg ?
MyuuMew wrote: »
SageWindu wrote: »
By the way, thank f**k weapon and armor degradation isn't a thing TERA. Holy smack, can you imagine...

i thought the new pvp exclusive gear had a chance to degrade unless im remebering wrong?

I mean in terms of durability, like you have to get your equipment fixed every now and again or else it loses damage, defense and so on.
TERA PC - General Discussion#29 vkobe12/06/2018, 11:51 PM


Another game with fishing, except you have to actually play the game, unlike Black Desert where you hit the spacebar and go to bed.



but in black desert you can fish the kraken and all the whales that spend too much money in the game :3

and you can kidnap all the fishers and bring them to the middle of ocean and drop them there for fun :lol:
TERA PC - General Discussion#30 vkobe12/06/2018, 11:54 PM
HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
What bothers me is that players can AFK while fishing and still get rewards more or less as Black Desert works...

Actually, we might end up doing as much gold per hour being AFK as being active ( then we come back and fail a few times at enchanting and go AFK again ).

This game.

sorry but in black desert you get more money when you kill monsters than afk fish and anyway fishing is only one of the lifeskill activities you can do or your worker can do
TERA PC - General Discussion#31 vkobe12/06/2018, 11:57 PM
Vinyltails wrote: »
a random guy say "Don't copy content from other games" ... if dont like tera .. you back to play fortnite.

but fortnite copied Pubg :)

and pubg copied unreal tournament :)
TERA PC - General Discussion#32 Christin12/07/2018, 12:27 AM
KXRC9JMW74 wrote: »
Christin wrote: »
Good thing they merged the servers, so we can all fish together. smh

Don't fish where I am you have " Xigncode." I don't want you giving my system the desease.LOL

Hey, I deleted that file! Either way, I'm gonna give your system a disease. Hehehe

In regards to the UI, Wow! So ten shortcut trays were too much for the system to handle? I only have three now. That and two other mini trays. Oh well, I shall adjust.
TERA PC - General Discussion#33 Christin12/07/2018, 12:29 AM
Oh, and in regards to fishing, can we have it like real life and sometimes pull up a cosmetic or something? That would be sweet!
vkobe wrote: »
HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
What bothers me is that players can AFK while fishing and still get rewards more or less as Black Desert works...

Actually, we might end up doing as much gold per hour being AFK as being active ( then we come back and fail a few times at enchanting and go AFK again ).

This game.

sorry but in black desert you get more money when you kill monsters than afk fish and anyway fishing is only one of the lifeskill activities you can do or your worker can do

Now workers can fish at BDO? Wow.. i did not play the game in a while..

p.s. i still rememer having that army of workers spread across the entire map
TERA PC - General Discussion#35 Zoknahal12/07/2018, 12:39 AM
vkobe wrote: »
Vinyltails wrote: »
a random guy say "Don't copy content from other games" ... if dont like tera .. you back to play fortnite.

but fortnite copied Pubg :)

and pubg copied unreal tournament :)

Not just pubg copied Unreal Tournament, Fortnite did too.
TERA PC - General Discussion#36 vkobe12/07/2018, 02:08 AM
HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
vkobe wrote: »
HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
What bothers me is that players can AFK while fishing and still get rewards more or less as Black Desert works...

Actually, we might end up doing as much gold per hour being AFK as being active ( then we come back and fail a few times at enchanting and go AFK again ).

This game.

sorry but in black desert you get more money when you kill monsters than afk fish and anyway fishing is only one of the lifeskill activities you can do or your worker can do

Now workers can fish at BDO? Wow.. i did not play the game in a while..

p.s. i still rememer having that army of workers spread across the entire map

fishing in black desert is only one of lifeskill you can do, after you can play farm simulator 2019 in black desert or something like https://store.steampowered.com/app/71240/SEGA_Bass_Fishing/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/328670/Deer_Hunt_Legends/

and fishing in black desert is not really like in other mmorpg, you can fish kraken or whale, because they spend too much money in the game :3

or you can fishing the fisher and drop them in middle of ocean ;)

TERA PC - General Discussion#37 Turmoilx12/07/2018, 02:21 AM
tera turning into runescape slowly
Zoknahal wrote: »
vkobe wrote: »
Vinyltails wrote: »
a random guy say "Don't copy content from other games" ... if dont like tera .. you back to play fortnite.

but fortnite copied Pubg :)

and pubg copied unreal tournament :)

Not just pubg copied Unreal Tournament, Fortnite did too.

Well, both UT and Fortnite were from Epic, so...

But I digress.
TERA PC - General Discussion#39 Zoknahal12/07/2018, 06:22 PM
SageWindu wrote: »
Zoknahal wrote: »
vkobe wrote: »
Vinyltails wrote: »
a random guy say "Don't copy content from other games" ... if dont like tera .. you back to play fortnite.

but fortnite copied Pubg :)

and pubg copied unreal tournament :)

Not just pubg copied Unreal Tournament, Fortnite did too.

Well, both UT and Fortnite were from Epic, so...

But I digress.

Didnt Unreal Tournament was developed by Digital Extremes? in coolaboration with Epic Games?
Zoknahal wrote: »
SageWindu wrote: »
Zoknahal wrote: »
vkobe wrote: »
Vinyltails wrote: »
a random guy say "Don't copy content from other games" ... if dont like tera .. you back to play fortnite.

but fortnite copied Pubg :)

and pubg copied unreal tournament :)

Not just pubg copied Unreal Tournament, Fortnite did too.

Well, both UT and Fortnite were from Epic, so...

But I digress.

Didnt Unreal Tournament was developed by Digital Extremes? in coolaboration with Epic Games?

Close enough. Besides, Fortnite copied PUBG, really. It just so happens that Fortnite's devs aren't (for the most part) a bunch of s**theads.

(coughs)
TERA PC - General Discussion#41 Vy1Vivi12/08/2018, 07:26 AM
The only thing I agree with concerning the OP's post is that BDO is the worst MMO in the market right now. A complete trash game. I quit playing that and started playing this again after a 4-year hiatus. That says a lot.

That being said, as others have already mentioned, I don't think they're copying that trash game; fishing is a common activity implemented in plenty of other games over the years including MMOs. I remember my favorite MMO from when I was a kid had it. Having a couple life-skills introduced into the game will never make it as trash-garbage as Black Desert, because Tera actually has content that you can do with or without other people.
Zoknahal wrote: »
Warframe has Fishing, and its pretty good.
Vy1Vivi wrote: »
The only thing I agree with concerning the OP's post is that BDO is the worst MMO in the market right now. A complete trash game. I quit playing that and started playing this again after a 4-year hiatus. That says a lot.

That being said, as others have already mentioned, I don't think they're copying that trash game; fishing is a common activity implemented in plenty of other games over the years including MMOs. I remember my favorite MMO from when I was a kid had it. Having a couple life-skills introduced into the game will never make it as trash-garbage as Black Desert, because Tera actually has content that you can do with or without other people.

Literally none of that is the point nor the point of the thread.

The point is TERA has many things going for it, it could benefit much more by working on those strengths as opposed to copying something that's in a ton of games already. I want to play TERA to hunt big [filtered] monsters, engage in flashy dungeons and play all the cool classes which still has one of the best if not the best combat in an mmo.

You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.