TERA Online forum archive
TERA PC - General Discussion: GM Threatens to ban my account for "Toxicity in Global Chat"
I think it's absurd that players can be permanently banned from the game for being "toxic" in Global Chat (I'm usually not even being serious) but they won't do anything about actually toxic behavior in-game, like kicking people out of 3v3 for stupid reasons or cussing each other out in raid/party chat. Thanks, GM. Protect those kiddos.

When my account gets unbanned after a week I'll be sending all of my gold and tradeable items to Kevin, since he's a cool guy. "Toxicity"... Yeah right, like you're the judge of toxic. I'm done!
i can see why you were temp banned.
TERA PC - General Discussion#3 DeadX11/03/2018, 05:20 AM
it doesn't matter if you're "not even being serious" your intent is irrelevant, the results count. one of the lamest excuses ever.
DeadX wrote: »
it doesn't matter if you're "not even being serious" your intent is irrelevant, the results count. one of the lamest excuses ever.
What's lame is that people like you can't take a joke. I thought this game was supposed to be rated M

How sad

Yikes
It may be rated M, but it does not give you a right to abuse other players in chat. Whoever you insulted and abused must not have liked your joke very much. Joking or not abusing other players is not cool.
It was just a prank bro!

That doesnt work dude.
If you're in Velika, you can send some of your goodies to me. I love handouts. *wink*
TERA PC - General Discussion#8 DeadX11/03/2018, 08:20 AM
Moolgogi wrote: »
DeadX wrote: »
it doesn't matter if you're "not even being serious" your intent is irrelevant, the results count. one of the lamest excuses ever.
What's lame is that people like you can't take a joke. I thought this game was supposed to be rated M

How sad

Yikes

hmm, how did this become about me? are you some kind of mind reader you can determine what i like or dislike MAGICALLY kid? what's lame is you still trying to make excuses AT THE SAME TIME making assumptions with nothing but your butthurt beliefs. as someone else pointed out, an alternate form applies as well "it's just a joke bro" doesn't work. nor does "it's m-rated" that isn't license to say whatever you want. damn you sound like a spoiled little prck.
fbef7c4f599d35cbe317064bd8a838ec.png

Don't "joke" around with people and expect a GM not to take action, and if you're going to be a toxic little [filtered], pretty sure the community is better off without your "Tier 10" rewards.
This whole thing is a joke...
Now feel free to laugh out loud as u walk out through the door..
:grin:
-bm's/ is toxic in game
-gets banned
-"wtf why did i get banned"

omegaLUL
TERA PC - General Discussion#12 tisnotme11/03/2018, 09:20 AM
AH the old "I saw the humor , why isn't any one laughing with me , I was only picking on them as a joke" defence


id guess you took the joke too far and didn't know when to stop then
TERA PC - General Discussion#13 Moolgogi11/03/2018, 09:28 AM
Moolgogi wrote: »
players can be permanently banned for being in Global Chat

Is this easier to understand?

You're welcome. It's not my problem anymore
TERA PC - General Discussion#14 tisnotme11/03/2018, 09:58 AM
Moolgogi wrote: »
players can be permanently banned for being in Global Chat
no
Moolgogi wrote: »
players can be permanently banned from the game for being "toxic" in Global Chat
Is this easier to understand?

I see the temporary ban as a way to chillout and reconsider where you have been wrong rather than a threatening case because if you got one week ban then you must have went pretty far with what you did.

Jokes are meant to be funny and the ones involved are supposed to laugh or at least be amused ( even if the joke is directed as someone ). But if you are using words to make someone look bad or even make yourself look better then that is not all about joking anymore.

I hope that you will be a better person after the "one week".
TERA PC - General Discussion#16 Moolgogi11/03/2018, 11:06 AM
tisnotme wrote: »
Moolgogi wrote: »
players can be permanently banned for being in Global Chat
no
Moolgogi wrote: »
players can be permanently banned from the game for being "toxic" in Global Chat
Is this easier to understand?

Do you see those rolling around on the floor? Those are my eyes. They fell out of their sockets.

I don't even know exactly what I said that got me banned because the GM didn't provide quotes in any of their emails. The last time I was muted I thought it was because I was pretending to be other people in Global while saying things like "Oops I pooped in my pants." Otherwise it could be for using profanities that get thrown around casually all the time. I didn't really have a fair warning. I don't expect anyone in this thread to understand how that makes sense.

You don't really think that any GM is completely unbiased, do you? They play the game.

Thanks for reminding me that I won't miss most of this community. I don't enjoy people who don't know how to think. Bye!
Sometimes people who get banned are fully aware what they did wrong, but go on public forums pretending that they had no idea why they were banned because they "weren't doing anything bad" and that it was an unfair suspension.

Nice try, though.
No one enjoys your toxic smart [filtered] attitude. You got banned on global then come here and call people "stupid"
No place for you anywhere.
TERA PC - General Discussion#19 Moolgogi11/03/2018, 11:20 AM
Sometimes people who get banned are fully aware what they did wrong, but go on public forums pretending that they had no idea why they were banned because they "weren't doing anything bad" and that it was an unfair suspension.

Nice try, though.

"I don't enjoy people who don't know how to think" -Me, page 1.

Thanks for putting yourself up here. I had a good cringe.

and @ KXRC9JMW74, I call it like I see it. What do you expect? Maybe if some of you would think before you post you wouldn't get called out on it.
oh lord
you ppl need to grow some thicker skin
someone says something "toxic" in the global, and the mob already demands and then praises the censorship
if you don't want to see "toxicity" in the chat, either block w/e is hurting your feelings or just disable the chat
as if the publisher's callousness and p2w isn't enough
TERA PC - General Discussion#21 tisnotme11/03/2018, 11:53 AM
First off you've been a forum member for a few years so either you've been ban before (as you just said) or never been ban at all , so you know you don't just get ban for just talking in global
Second you've should know (as you've been here a while) that you can send a ticket and despite it coz as you said a GM doesn't always get it right but instead you come here salty calling the GM out by name
And then you get anoiyed at every one that sees it as it is and won't side with you

As you put it
I don't enjoy people that don' know how to thinkt think
And I also just call it as I see it , and it looks like every one sees it the same way

Oh and if this 8s a sulky goodbye thread for sympathy I don't think you'll get any
TERA PC - General Discussion#22 Moolgogi11/03/2018, 12:11 PM
Someone gets it. I'm impressed.

And no, tisnotme, I'm not talking about you.

@ tisnotme, Is this what this looks like to you? It's not. People should know that they can be permanently banned for expressing themselves in a public chatting area. And no, I don't mean selling gold
Moolgogi wrote: »
I don't even know exactly what I said that got me banned because the GM didn't provide quotes in any of their emails. The last time I was muted I thought it was because I was pretending to be other people in Global while saying things like "Oops I pooped in my pants." Otherwise it could be for using profanities that get thrown around all the time. In Global. And Area Chat. And Raid and Group Chat. I didn't really have a fair warning. I don't expect anyone in this thread to understand how that makes sense. And that's a really bad job if you ask me.

Ah, so you were that person who spammed Global with that nonsense for hours. I don't really think it's hard to imagine why you got a temp ban.

And yes, you did have a fair warning if you actually bothered to read the code of conduct: http://tera.enmasse.com/en/legal/rules-of-conduct
TERA PC - General Discussion#24 Moolgogi11/03/2018, 01:21 PM
Maybe you need to read the code of conduct more carefully. I hope you kept screenshots of everything I said so you can realize I didn't make personal attacks. What are you, a lawyer? Next
I see some ones prepared to call it as they see it
and I don't mean your friend moolgogi
tisnotme wrote: »
First off you've been a forum member for a few years so either you've been ban before (as you just said) or never been ban at all , so you know you don't just get ban for just talking in global
Second you've should know (as you've been here a while) that you can send a ticket and despite it coz as you said a GM doesn't always get it right but instead you come here salty calling the GM out by name
And then you get anoiyed at every one that sees it as it is and won't side with you

As you put it
I don't enjoy people that don' know how to thinkt think
And I also just call it as I see it , and it looks like every one sees it the same way

Oh and if this 8s a sulky goodbye thread for sympathy I don't think you'll get any

Moolgogi wrote: »
Maybe you need to read the code of conduct more carefully. I hope you kept screenshots of everything I said so you can realize I didn't make personal attacks. Or better yet, you want to ask for the chat logs? What are you, a lawyer? Next

No need for me to provide or even ask for the chat logs. You've already admitted to breaking the code of conduct in your previous posts.

"Don't attack someone personally, including their race, gender, religion, nationality, ethics, sexual preference, or personal beliefs. Keep it clean."
- You admit to impersonating people and trying to make it seem like they said nonsense.

"Don't use extremely foul language including excessive profanity or language that is graphicly sexual, grotesque, or violent."
- You admit to throwing around profanities.

"Don't harass, stalk, or purposely do things to make someone else feel uncomfortable."
- Once again, you admited to impersonating people and attempting to make it seem like they said embarassing statments.

"No spamming: Talking to other players is great, but there is no need to spam the same thing over and over. We heard you the first time…"
- When you were doing all this, you were spamming Global with multiple messages as you talked to yourself.
TERA PC - General Discussion#27 lightup11/03/2018, 01:38 PM
Ponilover wrote: »
oh lord
you ppl need to grow some thicker skin

OP needs to grow some thicker skin. It's only a week ban and yet he's quitting the game forever.

So, let me see if I'm understanding all this:
> Op said "some ol' f**ksh*t", as a friend of mine on Discord would put it
> Got called on it
> Op is upset that he got called out on it?

An accidental lack of filtering is one thing. Deliberately angering people for your own amusement is quite another. As the phrase goes, you made your bed, now lay in it.
Moolgogi wrote: »
tisnotme wrote: »
Moolgogi wrote: »
players can be permanently banned for being in Global Chat
no
Moolgogi wrote: »
players can be permanently banned from the game for being "toxic" in Global Chat
Is this easier to understand?

Do you see those rolling around on the floor? Those are my eyes. They fell out of their sockets.

I don't even know exactly what I said that got me banned because the GM didn't provide quotes in any of their emails. The last time I was muted I thought it was because I was pretending to be other people in Global while saying things like "Oops I pooped in my pants." Otherwise it could be for using profanities that get thrown around all the time. In Global. And Area Chat. And Raid and Group Chat. I didn't really have a fair warning. I don't expect anyone in this thread to understand how that makes sense. And that's a really bad job if you ask me.

You don't really think that any GM is completely unbiased, do you? They play the game.

Thanks for reminding me that I won't miss most of this community. I don't enjoy people who don't know how to think.

When I had my chat ban it was because I had a joke in my greetings. Took me about 10 replies on my support ticket for them to actually tell me that though. And even then the joke wasn't that bad. there was much worse stuff being said by other people and they never got banned. There are certain GM's that are very biased with this sort of thing and just ban/chat ban no matter what it was that was reported, even if you are not toxic if it something they personally do not like, such as jokes or certain words. My chat ban was because I had a greeting that said 'You should reuse your plastic bags to suffocate your children' its really not that bad compared to the stuff you see in dungeons and battlegrounds all the time, but this certain GM who was the same as the one that banned you saw it as toxic...
TERA PC - General Discussion#30 Moolgogi11/03/2018, 01:54 PM
"Don't attack someone personally, including their race, gender, religion, nationality, ethics, sexual preference, or personal beliefs. Keep it clean."
Fine, I poked fun at someone's religion and at peoples' ethics for thinking certain skills in duels or battlegrounds are "BM" and grounds for kicking.
The only other rule I broke was typing in all caps.
I still don't think I received a fair warning. The GM didn't quote me in any of the emails so I couldn't have known which statements were overboard. It's confusing because other people are always using the chat to tell each other worse.


What's your point, anyway? People shouldn't be made more aware of the codes of conduct?

this is hillarious
both the joke and the gm's reee to it
TERA PC - General Discussion#32 kubitoid11/03/2018, 03:37 PM
winter is coming people are getting more sensitive
free_speech.png
Damn, there's the door, don't let it hit you.
TERA PC - General Discussion#34 Vy1Vivi11/03/2018, 04:17 PM
Oh good.

I always thought the frequent toxicity in global chat was a colossal turn-off, which is why for the most part I have it muted. I recall at one point a returning player asking a question, people proceed with a bunch of ridiculous responses, and the person replies "the community is still as toxic as ever I see." And I'm just like "Yep."

Glad to know the GMs are looking out for that kind of undesirable behavior and doing a bit of cleanup here and there. Still not going to help cleanup the community as a whole, but oh well.
i remember the good old day when players weren't such weaklings and didn't give a damn about what was going on in global
good old days when players actually listened to what other players were telling them about wrong crystals, rolls, rotation etc.
good old days when players didn't ask basic questions in global cuz it was common courtesy to read class guides
now you can't call a fool a fool w/o being called "toxic", can't tell a dirty joke in global cuz someone always gets offended

a truly pitiful sight
TERA PC - General Discussion#36 Nopi11/03/2018, 04:51 PM
Ponilover wrote: »
i remember the good old day when players weren't such weaklings and didn't give a damn about what was going on in global
good old days when players actually listened to what other players were telling them about wrong crystals, rolls, rotation etc.
good old days when players didn't ask basic questions in global cuz it was common courtesy to read class guides
now you can't call a fool a fool w/o being called "toxic", can't tell a dirty joke in global cuz someone always gets offended

a truly pitiful sight

The world has changed quite a bit in terms of what people can show and say to each other. Before, people would call others certain names and things and nobody would mind it. Now, say the tiniest little thing and you get a whole ethnic group offended at you and wanting your head on a stake. I call it, "Intolerance to the intolerance". Yes, I still see that sometimes some kids want to ride a wave of offensive remarks and then pass it as an "innocent meme" (the whole "It's not my problem only I can laugh at this innocent joke" thing). So there must always be a balance between what can be tolerated. Moderators are tasked with that job. But they are also humans and can sometimes make mistakes or simply take things too far.

I won't post my opinion on OP's case because I do not know what OP's exact case is, so anything I say would be with a blindfold over my eye. I'd have to see the full transcript to have an opinion of it. Now I do know that these forums used to have a rule (haven't re-checked it but doubt they removed it) that asks people to not talk here about moderator actions against a player. This thread could be falling onto such thing, I assume. Regardless, this thread has a huge potential of going south very quickly, so my advice to people would be to think a bit before posting.
TERA PC - General Discussion#37 Jerichow11/03/2018, 04:52 PM
OakMoonbat wrote: »
free_speech.png
Damn, there's the door, don't let it hit you.

This. All of this. Every last bit of it.

zX7FEUP.gif
People should stop acting all antsy over a video game...

Accept your punishment and move on. Don't do it again. It's that simple. Don't be a kid where you have to be whiny to vent your frustration that you deserved.

Also, it doesn't help your situation to play the cowardly special card where you should feel entitled for special treatment just because you are a no-lifer Tier 10 account.

Disgusting creature.
TERA PC - General Discussion#39 Pwhoops11/03/2018, 07:07 PM
@Moolgogi
I have always lived by the quote “respect, to be respected.”

Should try it some time.

OP literally said he was “joking” about someone’s religion and impersonating them (all in Global) and yet he expects to not get banned.

Sure, a GM could have whispered you to stop or whatever, but maybe you went a little overboard and he/she decided to give you time to reflect on what you said and banned you.

@Ponilover and there’s a difference between a little smack talk in Global and bringing up religion and other irl things to joke about, that’s not cool, and it’s crazy you’re defending it. Seems to me like you should quit with him.
TERA PC - General Discussion#40 Moolgogi11/03/2018, 07:08 PM
How do you manage to be so edgy and dull at the same time?

Enjoy one another. You people deserve each other.
TERA PC - General Discussion#41 Pwhoops11/03/2018, 07:12 PM
And you deserve the ban OMEGALUL
since when is making jokes about superstitious nonsense a bad thing?
Nopi wrote: »
The world has changed quite a bit in terms of what people can show and say to each other. Before, people would call others certain names and things and nobody would mind it. Now, say the tiniest little thing and you get a whole ethnic group offended at you and wanting your head on a stake. I call it, "Intolerance to the intolerance".

That's the "Paradox of Tolerance" you're talking about, and apparently the concept has been around for at least 10 years.

That aside, as I said before, there's an accidental lapse of judgment (such as when Hi-Rez released a skin for character Ravana that was almost a complete 1:1 representation of Scorpion from Mortal Kombat) and there's deliberately being a tool simply because you can. Freedom of expression is not freedom of consequence, after all.

Now lemme stop taking the bait and go do something else equally destructive, like b**ch about elin. Pardon me.
TERA PC - General Discussion#44 Pwhoops11/03/2018, 07:58 PM
@Ponilover and that’s where you’re wrong or part wrong. It might be superstitious nonsense for you, but it’s a serious thing for someone else. Keep your opinion to yourself especially when no one is asking for it, and that’s exactly the opposite of what OP did.

Once again, respect to be respected.
those ppl are the reason we can't have nice things
once again - if you don't like something somewhere - just don't look at it
Ponilover wrote: »
those ppl are the reason we can't have nice things
once again - if you don't like something somewhere - just don't look at it
e.g. i hate Sky Cruiser Boredom or Broken Hellhole that's why i never run those cesspools of a dungeon
just like when i don't feel like reading "opinions no one is asking for", i don't read them
is this concept that hard to grasp?

the first step is always small btw

Praying for the day you get the banhammer. You are seriously a cesspool of a human and that's just depressing.
TERA PC - General Discussion#47 Pwhoops11/03/2018, 08:47 PM
Ponilover wrote: »
those ppl are the reason we can't have nice things
once again - if you don't like something somewhere - just don't look at it
e.g. i hate Sky Cruiser Boredom or Broken Hellhole that's why i never run those cesspools of a dungeon
just like when i don't feel like reading "opinions no one is asking for", i don't read them
is this concept that hard to grasp?

the first step is always small btw

Sure, I agree with you. But that still doesn't give you the right to [filtered]-talk someone or their religion, am I making my point? You do not have the right to insult anyone for your own amusement. Freedom of speech =/= Having to tolerate whatever you do and say.
I really don't see the point in bashing someone's belief's just because you don't believe in them.. I myself am a non-believer but I don't go around poking fun at people for believing in what they believe in. That's legit a reason to ban someone in my opinion at least.. you KNOW that you'll end up triggering someone.. Lol i'd screenshot THEN block and STILL report so idk why you keep saying "don't look at it" lol.. reporting is literally just my form of retaliating.
You get to laugh at your jokes
I get to laugh when you get banned

ezCLAP
TERA PC - General Discussion#49 Tapri11/05/2018, 12:57 AM
The problem is is that online, there's no visible facial expressions, so whether joking or not, it's indecipherable via only text. Theres no physical expression, no way to judge if people are joking or not, so saying that yourr just joking is a horrible excuse only naive people use.
Moolgogi wrote: »
Fine, I poked fun at someone's religion and at peoples' ethics for thinking certain skills in duels or battlegrounds are "BM" and are grounds for kicking.
The only other rule I broke was typing in all caps.
I still don't think I received a fair warning.
Your fair warning was in the ToS. Glad to see you don't plan on coming back.
TERA PC - General Discussion#51 Berogi11/05/2018, 02:48 AM
I don't know about you guys. But imma need some more popcorn. This has lasted waaaaay longer than I thought.
Moolgogi wrote: »
I think it's absurd that players can be permanently banned from the game for being "toxic" in Global Chat (I'm usually not even being serious) but they won't do anything about actually toxic behavior in-game, like kicking people out of 3v3 for stupid reasons or cussing each other out in raid/party chat. Or hacking. Thanks, GM. Protect those kiddos.

When my account gets unbanned after a week I'll be sending all of my gold and tradeable items to a friend, since he's a cool guy. "Toxicity"... Yeah right, since you're the judge of "BM". I'm done! This is how you say goodbye to a tier 10 account! Thanks ANGELA

Keep in mind that we are in 2018, people are offended by anything and tend to take it very seriously, probably those kids(probably people lvl 30 or so) made a massive report and I think this game took it as if you were being serious with your insults, honestly Im with you, you were banned for a stupid reason.
TERA PC - General Discussion#53 voidy11/05/2018, 04:31 PM
I don't know what you said, but honestly I feel ya. An old account I made purely for RP purposes got banned in a similar way. I wasn't slinging around hate speech or anything like that, but I was dishing out some adult level roleplay content on the RP server. To be fair, I can see why it was offensive, but some butthurt chode reported me for it and the account got permabanned because the GM thought the "roll play" (she couldn't even spell it) was in poor taste.

Like, whatever man, that's cool, but a permanent ban for RPing on the RP server in a way that some snowflakes don't like is [filtered] stupid. A chatban would've been reasonable. A two week ban would've been extreme, but fine. But permanent? lmao. My guildmates had a case where they were actually being harassed and stalked by a dude in game for weeks, and he only got a chatban for it -- one he quickly evaded -- and he was reported multiple times. Meanwhile, actual memeslashers are getting unbanned. I've always said this, but I really do think your ban just depends on how the GM reading your report feels that day. The aforementioned stalker must've had a really chill GM who came in to work high as a [filtered] kite, while guys like us get a GM who's going through a rough divorce and should've taken the week off.
TERA PC - General Discussion#54 feminzii11/05/2018, 06:54 PM
QueenNora wrote: »
Moolgogi wrote: »
I think it's absurd that players can be permanently banned from the game for being "toxic" in Global Chat (I'm usually not even being serious) but they won't do anything about actually toxic behavior in-game, like kicking people out of 3v3 for stupid reasons or cussing each other out in raid/party chat. Or hacking. Thanks, GM. Protect those kiddos.

When my account gets unbanned after a week I'll be sending all of my gold and tradeable items to a friend, since he's a cool guy. "Toxicity"... Yeah right, since you're the judge of "BM". I'm done! This is how you say goodbye to a tier 10 account! Thanks ANGELA

Keep in mind that we are in 2018, people are offended by anything and tend to take it very seriously, probably those kids(probably people lvl 30 or so) made a massive report and I think this game took it as if you were being serious with your insults, honestly Im with you, you were banned for a stupid reason.

lmao was waiting for someone to pull the "it's 2018, ppl r too sensitive these days" card to defend moronic behavior
didn't expect it this soon tho
TERA PC - General Discussion#55 tisnotme11/05/2018, 08:39 PM
I can't believe its 2018 and the amount of people offended or butthurt about getting a temp ban for running around offending or trying to butthurt others
You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.