TERA Online forum archive
TERA PC - General Discussion: An Offer to KitTeaCup
This thread may get locked, but it's not to rant or badmouth our current CM, not in the least. It simply to make an offer to our current CM, if this get's locked its fine but I hope they will at least take a few moments to read this before locking it.

Hello KitTeaCup, I have been playing Tera for a while now and while I am no expert I know my way around the game. I would like to extend a serious offer to you, that I feel would benefit the community overall.

I would like you and me to play Tera together, we could start a new character and level up together, you could choose the server it wouldn't matter to me. I'd love to mentor you and teach you about classes and what items do. I am not going to approach you in a negative manner like so many people seem to be doing but instead I'd like to offer you friendship. I feel it'd do you some good to pick a class and slowly level up with someone who has been around for a while.

I ask nothing in return I simply want to help you grow as a CM, besides it'd be fun to teach you about the low-level instances and help you learn mechanics of bosses.

I feel like moving forward this would be the best move as many people seem upset with the current situation. Of course, it is ultimately your choice but the offer is out there, same for anyone else wanting to start fresh and level up a new character I am always available just message me and I will see what I can do. Thank you.
NO Just get a new cm
@KitTeaCup You should not be shy on this and accept the offer. It is the best step you can take to improve yourself as a player and to know more about what issues plagues new players and veterans alike, not from whines and negative criticism but throught actual game experience.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
@KitTeaCup You should not be shy on this and accept the offer. It is the best step you can take to improve yourself as a player and to know more about what issues plagues new players and veterans alike, not from whines and negative criticism but throught actual game experience.

Agreed. We could all pitch in (as per my other statement in the other thread) and direct you in the right direction.
TERA PC - General Discussion#5 voidy09/23/2018, 09:51 PM
Did I miss something recently? I don't really watch the streams but people seem really frustrated today all of a sudden.
voidy wrote: »
Did I miss something recently? I don't really watch the streams but people seem really frustrated today all of a sudden.

I only watched a little of the stream but our CM was running SSHM with some of the other staff members, she was running as a brawler but didn't have any of her glyphs on so she kept dying a lot. She also didn't know much about gold or silver talents so a lot of people are pretty angry with her.

Personally, I could understand them being mad if they were actually doing a run with her, but they weren't so how often she died shouldn't really matter to them. Even so, I do feel she could benefit from starting a new character and leveling up with current players so she could learn about mechanics and glyphs.
voidy wrote: »
Did I miss something recently? I don't really watch the streams but people seem really frustrated today all of a sudden.

KitTeaCup lacks of knowledge about the game and she is pretty much what we call a very casual player (a noob if you want to refer her like that), that makes her to trow many things that dont make sense and the same toxic group we ever have keeps their rant for every single mistake as if it was the end of the world.

Helping her to understand the basics of the game and later to get insight of the end-game from players perspective "playing" the game with her is the best offer someone has made and we hope she understand not all players in TERA are a bunch of whiny kids that always trows tantrums because they didnt got their candy.
TERA PC - General Discussion#8 Khernz09/23/2018, 10:10 PM
NO Just get a new cm

You want to repeat the last 3 years for years to come? No. Don't hire another one. Stick with one and improve on it.
TERA PC - General Discussion#9 Khernz09/23/2018, 10:10 PM
voidy wrote: »
Did I miss something recently? I don't really watch the streams but people seem really frustrated today all of a sudden.

Watch friday's vod and you'll understand.
TERA PC - General Discussion#10 Magichan09/23/2018, 10:24 PM
This kinda requires the CM to be interested in getting better or having more knowledge of how the game works.

Call me cynical, but an interested party would have already done some basic homework. The staff isn't going to be paid any differently for being an experienced/knowledgeable player. There's no inherent incentive. There's no consequence aside from a few forum critics you can dismiss with a hand-wave.

I hope I'm wrong, mind you; I'd love to see any CM more involved and willing to learn more about the game with a little help from the community. I just have a hard time imagining it happen.
TERA PC - General Discussion#11 vkobe09/23/2018, 10:25 PM
the last time i see that it was with danicia, seem she is another danicia :/
Upset for what? When will you realize that not everyone can treat Tera as a full time job and learn to be good at everything? The community manager has a full time job and a real life outside, unlike some of you here. Since when did it become part of job description of a CM to get good at the game?

Criticizing for every mistake in a dungeon run just shows that you have no life outside of Tera. Why because your real life sucks so much that the only way to make yourself feel superior to others for you is to crap on all the new players in a game?
EnviroBear wrote: »
Upset for what? When will you realize that not everyone can treat Tera as a full time job and learn to be good at everything? The community manager has a full time job, unlike some of you here. Since when did it become part of job description of a CM to get good at the game?

Criticizing for every mistake in a dungeon run just shows that you have no life outside of Tera. Why because your real life sucks so much that the only way to make yourself feel superior to others for you is to crap on all the new players in a game?

And here we go again when people sharing what they are displeased about the game. This kind of post.
TERA PC - General Discussion#14 Lapomko09/23/2018, 10:37 PM
Just pick some one that's top DPS on moongourd and offer him a job as CM because most likely he has no life and only play Tera non stop with vast knowledge. Problem solved.
TERA PC - General Discussion#15 vkobe09/23/2018, 10:41 PM
EnviroBear wrote: »
Upset for what? When will you realize that not everyone can treat Tera as a full time job and learn to be good at everything? The community manager has a full time job and a real life outside, unlike some of you here. Since when did it become part of job description of a CM to get good at the game?

Criticizing for every mistake in a dungeon run just shows that you have no life outside of Tera. Why because your real life sucks so much that the only way to make yourself feel superior to others for you is to crap on all the new players in a game?

we dont ask her to be a expert in tera, but to know the basic and from what i read she seem to know nothing about tera and she doesnt log often in the game and her job is tera, so yes playing tera should be one her task, at least log one hour by day while the week would be nice

dude enmasse fired danicia for less than that
Lapomko wrote: »
Just pick some one that's top DPS on moongourd and offer him a job as CM because most likely he has no life and only play Tera non stop with vast knowledge. Problem solved.

moongourd top dps are all scripters that pay bern for op scripts macros and exploits
TERA PC - General Discussion#17 Khernz09/23/2018, 10:51 PM
EnviroBear wrote: »
Upset for what? When will you realize that not everyone can treat Tera as a full time job and learn to be good at everything? The community manager has a full time job and a real life outside, unlike some of you here. Since when did it become part of job description of a CM to get good at the game?

Criticizing for every mistake in a dungeon run just shows that you have no life outside of Tera. Why because your real life sucks so much that the only way to make yourself feel superior to others for you is to crap on all the new players in a game?

Yes because surely these complaints are all rising up because Kiteacup isn't a parsing tera addict. Stop trying to strawman yourself into a proper issue. The girl has 0 clue how this game works. Nobody is asking her to be "good" at it. People are literally offering themselves so that she may learn a thing or two about the game, the sheer basics. There's a difference, and it's quite depressing that with every CM fired or to be fired, they all were begged by the community to learn a thing or two about the game.

Treat tera as a full time job? When your job is to manage a [filtered] video game's community, maybe you should know the bear minimum about it. Or don't, but clearly not knowing anything hasn't convinced anyone that it's working all dandy has it?
> @EnviroBear said:
> Upset for what?

Nice projection now try again and this time -READ-

If your JOB is to be the voice of the community for TERA and rally PLAYERS who PLAY TERA to voice their concerns about TERA

How much sense does it make to NOT know about

-fashion coupons

-silver talents or talents in general

-not play since august

-not have the game installed

-not even show the slightest vested interested in trying to understand the game

-not knowing what global chat is

-Not knowing what WORLD BOSSES are

How can you be hired to be the CM of TERA and not play TERA the thing you were hired to be the voice for?

Being hired on, given FREE gear you didnt grind for, skipping all the frustration, grinding, planning and new player experience and not even understanding small very basic things like glyphs

How can you be a good CM when you dont have the slightest understanding of the game after 7 months?

Thats the problem THATS WHY PEOPLE ARE REACHING OUT TO KIT NOW IN THIS THREAD

To TEACH the new CM because it appears the new CM is horribly mislead about something and people are frustrated because of it

Tl;Dr?

How can you be HIRED as a COMMUNITY MANAGER of a game you dont play? Lets help her instead.
TERA PC - General Discussion#19 Tydarius09/23/2018, 11:04 PM
Actually tells me more about enmasse than anyone else. The fact that they hired a GM that knows less about the game than your average super casual seems...counterproductive. Actually, it'd probably be nice if she has actual PC experience.

Regardless, shouldn't fall on current players to teach a GM anything about their respective game. Besides, asking to get in good with a GM? Yeah, that isnt suspect at all.

Anyways, sounds like yet another 'diversity' hire gone wrong.
You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.