TERA Online forum archive
TERA PC - General Discussion: Do not make Civil Unrest start at 1PM PDT.
6pm works for the majority of players. This time was confirmed on release by previous GMs (Treeshark). You're probably functioning off EU datasheets, IE why we also had name wipes on merge, why CU/Rally are on EU times. Put things back to what remains of what your predecessors worked hard to implement. This is your chance to shock the globe with a good response to one of your endless mistakes.
People are gonna flame the EME team for their original post saying CU is suppose to be at 1pm, but people will quickly forget about the mistake as long as EME restores the time back to 6pm PST. It was set at that time by the EME team based on a community vote. Please restore our CU time of 6pm PST so that a larger number of players can participate like it was meant to be.
as a member of the oceanic tera community I'm not trying to wake up at 8am on a sunday to participate in the only guild event which is meaningful.
Even worse for australians who would have to wake up at 6am!!
TERA PC - General Discussion#4 xoBarb09/23/2018, 04:26 AM
Atleast Kitteahcup was smart enough to spot this bug that went past the previous CM's
Cu starting at 6pm PDT for the past 2 years is only because of previous EME employee incompetence

1pm PDT is a much more realistic start time for the majority of the tera community.
You guys changed the time to fit our community once before, you can most certainly do it again and put it back to what it used to be for the past few years. I cannot fathom how you did not know our CU, Tera NA's CU starts at 6pm when it has been like this for a while now.
xoBarb wrote: »
Atleast Kitteahcup was smart enough to spot this bug that went past the previous CM's
Cu starting at 6pm PDT for the past 2 years is only because of previous EME employee incompetence

1pm PDT is a much more realistic start time for the majority of the tera community.

Good to know your opinion is the opinion of the majority of the Tera community
TERA PC - General Discussion#7 xoBarb09/23/2018, 04:34 AM
jrtseven wrote: »
6pm works for the majority of players.
Piltover wrote: »
Good to know your opinion is the opinion of the majority of the Tera community

?
Furthermore I imagine a high proportion of people would have to work Saturday's at 1PM PDT so that doesn't really work for them either, making 6PM PDT a better time for Civil Unrest
TERA PC - General Discussion#9 xoBarb09/23/2018, 04:38 AM
Piltover wrote: »
I imagine

Lets leave the assumptions and personal bias out of this thread.

EME knows whats best as they can see the statistics and peak times for players during the day.
jrtseven wrote: »
This is your chance to shock the globe with a good response to one of your endless mistakes.
Lmao!
Pretty sure the previous gms asked the community what time was best for CU and the 6pm PDT time was decided. Don't think it was a bug, it was an intentional change.
TERA PC - General Discussion#12 Piltover09/23/2018, 04:41 AM
xoBarb wrote: »
Piltover wrote: »
I imagine

Lets leave the assumptions and personal bias out of this thread.

EME knows whats best as they can see the statistics and peak times for players during the day.

These are statistics you and I would both like to see :)
TERA PC - General Discussion#13 jrtseven09/23/2018, 04:53 AM
71ca95ce05.jpg


Example comparison via a study on WoW peak playtimes, good to confirm that 6PM works better than 1PM

spastic roar of neets wanting a noon time CU can be overwhelming
TERA PC - General Discussion#14 xoBarb09/23/2018, 04:53 AM
jrtseven wrote: »
71ca95ce05.jpg


Example comparison via a study on WoW peak playtimes, good to confirm that 6PM works better than 1PM

spastic roar of neets wanting a noon time CU can be overwhelming

You work for EME?

No? Lets leave it to the people who make a living off running this game sweetie
TERA PC - General Discussion#15 Aryd09/23/2018, 04:54 AM
Uhhh guys... I'm in EDT, and I've been doing my daily routines (which include CU) at about 1-2pm EDT, for weeks now? Before the merge anyways, After the merge everything's been wonky, but yea... It's not "Always been at 6pm PST"...
TERA PC - General Discussion#16 jrtseven09/23/2018, 04:55 AM
xoBarb wrote: »
jrtseven wrote: »
71ca95ce05.jpg


Example comparison via a study on WoW peak playtimes, good to confirm that 6PM works better than 1PM

spastic roar of neets wanting a noon time CU can be overwhelming

You work for EME?

No? Lets leave it to the people who make a living off running this game sweetie

i do
TERA PC - General Discussion#17 jrtseven09/23/2018, 04:58 AM
just kiddin'
good save joey boy
I can't comprehend how a company is not aware of when a weekly event of a game they publish used to start, furthermore they're not even aware they held a community vote to pick the time for cu.
Does whole of eme have alzeheimers or has the old staff been COMPLETELY replaced? I mean even so, is there not at least one person in eme that has been logged in around the time of cu, ever???

Also @xoBarb leaving things for eme to decide is probably the worst possible outcome, in the past year every single decision they made without player input so far has done nothing but hurt the game.
TERA PC - General Discussion#20 Hayle09/23/2018, 06:36 AM
Enmasse, it is obvious you guys are using EU datasheets. There is no way you're using NA datasheets when we've been using this time ever since alliance. Please for the love of god get it together. I love this game but you're ruining it for all of us.
jrtseven wrote: »
xoBarb wrote: »
jrtseven wrote: »
71ca95ce05.jpg


Example comparison via a study on WoW peak playtimes, good to confirm that 6PM works better than 1PM

spastic roar of neets wanting a noon time CU can be overwhelming

You work for EME?

No? Lets leave it to the people who make a living off running this game sweetie

i do

the.dirty.bubble desnt work for eme, eme works for him.
xoBarb wrote: »
jrtseven wrote: »
71ca95ce05.jpg


Example comparison via a study on WoW peak playtimes, good to confirm that 6PM works better than 1PM

spastic roar of neets wanting a noon time CU can be overwhelming

You work for EME?

No? Lets leave it to the people who make a living off running this game sweetie

LOOOOOOL YEAH LEAVE IT TO THEM LMAOO
The majority of people decided 6pm is the best time. Please change it back. My guild didnt even have the chance to compete since we all work. -.-

Its just mistake after mistake here on Tera lately...
> @T5N5JX9HRP said:
> xoBarb wrote: »
>
> jrtseven wrote: »
>
>
>
>
> Example comparison via a study on WoW peak playtimes, good to confirm that 6PM works better than 1PM
>
> spastic roar of neets wanting a noon time CU can be overwhelming
>
>
>
>
> You work for EME?
>
> No? Lets leave it to the people who make a living off running this game sweetie
>
>
>
>
> LOOOOOOL YEAH LEAVE IT TO THEM LMAOO

Prime example tbh. LOL
TERA PC - General Discussion#25 Kirasaka09/23/2018, 10:36 AM
Functioning off EU datasheets, where the hell is everyone getting this idea from?

The NA servers run off UTC timezones, not local NA timezones.
Rally is at EU times because they physically cannot make them fire at NA prime time. NA prime time is considered tomorrow in UTC time, EME can only set events such as rally to fire on the day they are set, meaning they cant set an event to fire tomorrow which would be NA prime time.
Name wipes are rules coded by bluehole that get pushed to all regions that have server merges, its just that EME didn't tell us.
CU is 1PM PDT, thats 8PM UTC. It looks like they just have it set to start at the same time it does on ktera but because of EME using UTC its not actually starting at the time people want it to.

Personally everyone I know is actually from outside NA. Means more of us can actually go to CU now.
Kirasaka wrote: »
Functioning off EU datasheets, where the hell is everyone getting this idea from?

The NA servers run off UTC timezones, not local NA timezones.
Rally is at EU times because they physically cannot make them fire at NA prime time. NA prime time is considered tomorrow in UTC time, EME can only set events such as rally to fire on the day they are set, meaning they cant set an event to fire tomorrow which would be NA prime time.
Name wipes are rules coded by bluehole that get pushed to all regions that have server merges, its just that EME didn't tell us.
CU is 1PM PDT, thats 8PM UTC. It looks like they just have it set to start at the same time it does on ktera but because of EME using UTC its not actually starting at the time people want it to.

Personally everyone I know is actually from outside NA. Means more of us can actually go to CU now.

CU happens at 5pm CEST on a Sunday, not 1pm CEST.

And below is the whole 4pm PST/5pm PDT in case you're wondering what Kirasaka is talking about:
clfarron4 wrote: »
Not sure why daylight saving is involved, it ends in November.
This server merge looks sloppy. People having to delete characters, bank and character configurations lost, people losing names and guild names, CU times are off, server randomly get restarted in the early mornings with no notice and now Vanguard quest are bugged.

This is why Daylight Savings is involved.

MctarYL.png
Don’t fix something that isn’t broken. CU time was fine as is. Make it 6pm pacific time like it was. This is what happens when you change something that doesn’t need to be changed. You got Tera stream moving times to 2:30pm, and no longer giving out codes, and at most you’re lucky if you get 100 viewers and now it’s changing to Tuesday at like 10am pacific when people are at work and can’t watch, and it’s going to be a stream about all games not just TERA. People come for Tera information, we don’t care about the other games. so EME will just be streaming for the walls I guess? Sometimes change isn’t good. This is just an example.


This is my 2 cents. Stop changing things that don’t need to be changed.
TERA PC - General Discussion#28 Koikoi09/23/2018, 03:15 PM
Earlier CU time on the weekend is actually best for a lot of people I would imagine.

Who wants to spend 2 hours online on a SATURDAY night like a job? Afternoon is perfect!!!!!!!
TERA PC - General Discussion#29 Khernz09/23/2018, 04:19 PM
Yes. Let's start catering to the EU audience as EME sure loves to copy paste over from EU builds. In fact, why not just call it EU tera minus event dungeons.
Khernz wrote: »
Yes. Let's start catering to the EU audience as EME sure loves to copy paste over from EU builds. In fact, why not just call it EU tera minus event dungeons.

It is not only EU players but some players from NA and Latin America itself.

It would be good if EME held a poll about what hour could be better for CU to start and this time a poll spread over their Twitter and Discord. We have seen forums have served their purpose long ago and things posted here won't reach more players than those other channels.

EME could take the right step for once and stop to cater to a minority of cry babies and include the mayority of the posible active player base if they stop focusing the polls on forums.
I honestly don't remember CU ever being in the afternoon PDT or EDT wise. It was always around if not after dinner hour EDT.
Mousington wrote: »
I honestly don't remember CU ever being in the afternoon PDT or EDT wise. It was always around if not after dinner hour EDT.

It has INDEED always been in the evening. Around the 7pm-9pm time frame.
TERA PC - General Discussion#33 Foe09/23/2018, 05:57 PM
Aryd wrote: »
Uhhh guys... I'm in EDT, and I've been doing my daily routines (which include CU) at about 1-2pm EDT, for weeks now? Before the merge anyways, After the merge everything's been wonky, but yea... It's not "Always been at 6pm PST"...

I'm not sure what game you've been playing, but CU has started at the same time every day since the first day it ever actually started. ZKIrdsZ.png
There's a picture of the VERY FIRST CU on 10/12/2016, which started at 8pm CST (6pm PST)
5pQzh8I.jpg
There's CU on 9/8/2018 (second to last before server merge) also starting at 8pm CST (6pm PST)
AEpy0kk.jpg
And there's the CU from yesterday (first CU after server merge), which started at 2pm CST (12pm pm PST)
LancerJiva wrote: »
Mousington wrote: »
I honestly don't remember CU ever being in the afternoon PDT or EDT wise. It was always around if not after dinner hour EDT.

It has INDEED always been in the evening. Around the 7pm-9pm time frame.

I don't remember either being at noon, first CU were like 3 pm PST then it got moved to 5 PST or something like that.
TERA PC - General Discussion#35 Koikoi09/23/2018, 06:12 PM
I think EME should have a community poll like they did with the naming of servers.

The game and the players have greatly changed in 2 years. I do NOT believe that time frame still works best for the "majority" of players.
Koikoi wrote: »
I think EME should have a community poll like they did with the naming of servers.

The game and the players have greatly changed in 2 years. I do NOT believe that time frame still works best for the "majority" of players.

I concur with you, if CU schedule can be readjusted then it would be best to make a community poll.
TERA PC - General Discussion#37 ryannrjk09/23/2018, 09:53 PM
us players demand justice on this outrageous "non-peek" time as the majority of us pvp goers prefer a late night pvp kill fest.

eme please listen to our prayers so we can go forth into battle to triumphantly stomp guilds in a friendly battle of CU at 6pm. (manifest wins again)
TERA PC - General Discussion#38 Ayi09/23/2018, 11:34 PM
CU should certainly stay at the 6:00PM PST time frame that it has always been. People have jobs, you know?
TERA PC - General Discussion#39 Haetta09/24/2018, 03:12 AM
Switching CU to 1pm PDT is not helping NA players, many work 9am-5pm jobs and were able to attend until merge. This kind of time switch screws out the target playerbase for the NA BASED publishers. the only players to benefit are EU people playing on the NA servers, which is not the target demographic.
to be honest I think it could stand to be a bit earlier than 6. For us on the east coast, that's 9 pm. Sometimes you've got plans on a saturday night and don't want to have to stay in to help your guild out with CU.
so u want to [filtered] west coast out by making it sooner... because it will be around 4-5 (prime time, traffic is a [filtered]) the time it was at was perfect, it shouldnt change
Hi there!

Just wanted to let you know that CU: Velika has been set to 6 PM PDT. You can check the forum post too if you'd like :)
TERA PC - General Discussion#43 Piltover09/24/2018, 10:55 PM
Thanks a bunch @KitTeaCup !!
TERA PC - General Discussion#44 Ayi09/24/2018, 10:55 PM
Thank you @KitTeaCup
TERA PC - General Discussion#45 jrtseven09/24/2018, 11:04 PM
the absolute madmen, theyve done it again
TERA PC - General Discussion#46 Maulclaw09/25/2018, 10:24 AM
It's the fine the way it is. EU players need a stable timetable.
> @Maulclaw said:
> It's the fine the way it is. EU players need a stable timetable.

Then play on the EU server that’s why it’s there.
TERA PC - General Discussion#48 Maulclaw09/26/2018, 08:44 AM
LancerJiva wrote: »
> @Maulclaw said:
> It's the fine the way it is. EU players need a stable timetable.

Then play on the EU server that’s why it’s there.

No thanks. No need to be chauvinist as that won't get you anywhere. In case you haven't noticed, there's plenty of EU players playing EME's version of the game. Hell, there was a mass exodus to TR a few years ago after GF screw ups.
TERA PC - General Discussion#49 Piltover09/26/2018, 12:47 PM
You're also ignoring Australian players.

1pm pdt is 6am cu start time for australian players lol
TERA PC - General Discussion#50 jrtseven09/26/2018, 11:37 PM
Maulclaw wrote: »
LancerJiva wrote: »
> @Maulclaw said:
> It's the fine the way it is. EU players need a stable timetable.

Then play on the EU server that’s why it’s there.

No thanks. No need to be chauvinist as that won't get you anywhere. In case you haven't noticed, there's plenty of EU players playing EME's version of the game. Hell, there was a mass exodus to TR a few years ago after GF screw ups.

Foreign players are a small minority, events should be catered to NA time zones.
jrtseven wrote: »
Maulclaw wrote: »
LancerJiva wrote: »
> @Maulclaw said:
> It's the fine the way it is. EU players need a stable timetable.

Then play on the EU server that’s why it’s there.

No thanks. No need to be chauvinist as that won't get you anywhere. In case you haven't noticed, there's plenty of EU players playing EME's version of the game. Hell, there was a mass exodus to TR a few years ago after GF screw ups.

Foreign players are a small minority, events should be catered to NA time zones.

Non USA players are majority by far. Talking about Latin Americans, but USA players are the ones that spend "dollars"
N/A shouldn't care for what EU or LAN/LAS players want, because pesos are not worth that much.
TERA PC - General Discussion#52 jrtseven09/27/2018, 02:23 AM
JXG4WWHCMA wrote: »
jrtseven wrote: »
Maulclaw wrote: »
LancerJiva wrote: »
> @Maulclaw said:
> It's the fine the way it is. EU players need a stable timetable.

Then play on the EU server that’s why it’s there.

No thanks. No need to be chauvinist as that won't get you anywhere. In case you haven't noticed, there's plenty of EU players playing EME's version of the game. Hell, there was a mass exodus to TR a few years ago after GF screw ups.

Foreign players are a small minority, events should be catered to NA time zones.

Non USA players are majority by far. Talking about Latin Americans, but USA players are the ones that spend "dollars"
N/A shouldn't care for what EU or LAN/LAS players want, because pesos are not worth that much.

They are not the majority.
You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.