TERA Online forum archive
TERA PC - General Discussion: TERA Email about merge
Hello, I received an email from TERA explaining the merge. And at the bottom of it, I got a code for a Free Permanent Sky Blue Costume and Sky Blue Visor. As well as some potions and 15 days of Elite status and Some emblems. But my fiance did not receive this email. Is it something only some people get or did it just not send to her?
I don't have any emails from EME/TERA on any of my accounts. I'm guessing they have not all been sent out yet.
TERA PC - General Discussion#3 RKC09/13/2018, 01:20 PM
What I didnt get that yet :(
Ahh lucky OP! Neither have I TT^TT
PWHXPMGTXK wrote: »
Hello, I received an email from TERA explaining the merge. And at the bottom of it, I got a code for a Free Permanent Sky Blue Costume and Sky Blue Visor. As well as some potions and 15 days of Elite status and Some emblems. But my fiance did not receive this email. Is it something only some people get or did it just not send to her?

i did not get any of that xd only a mail
https://imgur.com/a/SNWGYJA
AmakusaKun wrote: »
PWHXPMGTXK wrote: »
Hello, I received an email from TERA explaining the merge. And at the bottom of it, I got a code for a Free Permanent Sky Blue Costume and Sky Blue Visor. As well as some potions and 15 days of Elite status and Some emblems. But my fiance did not receive this email. Is it something only some people get or did it just not send to her?

i did not get any of that xd only a mail
https://imgur.com/a/SNWGYJA

I got that and today is my cake day LOL
KXRC9JMW74 wrote: »
AmakusaKun wrote: »
PWHXPMGTXK wrote: »
Hello, I received an email from TERA explaining the merge. And at the bottom of it, I got a code for a Free Permanent Sky Blue Costume and Sky Blue Visor. As well as some potions and 15 days of Elite status and Some emblems. But my fiance did not receive this email. Is it something only some people get or did it just not send to her?

i did not get any of that xd only a mail
https://imgur.com/a/SNWGYJA

I got that and today is my cake day LOL

You got the email I mentioned? Or what you quoted?
Not what you got I got what I quoted a firesnap in game
I got nothing either :(
This is what I mean for those who are a bit confused.

[img][/img]971pgw.png
[img][/img]2e4aufq.png
TERA PC - General Discussion#11 RKC09/13/2018, 01:57 PM
:( Im sad now
Lucky you, EME never gave me anything like that
Pretty sure this is an inactive/returning players incentive.
TERA PC - General Discussion#14 ElinLove09/13/2018, 04:06 PM
Pretty sure this is an inactive/returning players incentive.

I was just gonna say that as well, I didn't get it but I did log in sporadically to check my characters and what's going on there. Likely OP's fiance has played more regularly or played just a while ago and thus they assume it's known/active account.
Feels kinda unfair to be honest :<

People that have been supporting the game almost daily like me have not seen a code in ages
Babbelsim wrote: »
Feels kinda unfair to be honest :<

People that have been supporting the game almost daily like me have not seen a code in ages

EME is taking leadership advice from zapp brannigan - you're loyal enough already, no beer for you!

jokes aside though, this actually is a really common thing to do when making changes to the game that might make players want to return, just give them a reason to login for a few days and the few that stay are happy enough.

If you really want a code, get in touch with your friends who quit last year and ask for their codes xD
Babbelsim wrote: »
Feels kinda unfair to be honest :<

People that have been supporting the game almost daily like me have not seen a code in ages

EME is taking leadership advice from zapp brannigan - you're loyal enough already, no beer for you!

jokes aside though, this actually is a really common thing to do when making changes to the game that might make players want to return, just give them a reason to login for a few days and the few that stay are happy enough.

If you really want a code, get in touch with your friends who quit last year and ask for their codes xD


i tried lol
my husband has not played the game sinds last year but sadly he did not get a email *pout*
make sure to check his spam folder :P
make sure to check his spam folder :P

i did that to! XD
Pretty sure this is an inactive/returning players incentive.

I'm not really sure about that. We both pretty much stopped playing at the same time. And we returned for just about the same amount of time, Give or take an hour or 2. But I mean, If there isn't really any other expatiation then I will accept that. Thanks everyone for clearing that up.
TERA PC - General Discussion#21 Kathala09/13/2018, 05:31 PM
I was curious and look up to mine e-mail but i also dint get any mail whit codes so sad :C
i only got mail In game whit one single poor firework >.>
TERA PC - General Discussion#22 Kirasaka09/13/2018, 05:36 PM
Babbelsim wrote: »
Feels kinda unfair to be honest :<

People that have been supporting the game almost daily like me have not seen a code in ages

EME is taking leadership advice from zapp brannigan - you're loyal enough already, no beer for you!

jokes aside though, this actually is a really common thing to do when making changes to the game that might make players want to return, just give them a reason to login for a few days and the few that stay are happy enough.

If you really want a code, get in touch with your friends who quit last year and ask for their codes xD

the codes sent by email are usually bound to the tera account they are emailed to. So can't actually give them to someone else. Not sure if this one is usable on other accounts.
TERA PC - General Discussion#23 Zanni09/13/2018, 05:48 PM
What's with the codes anyway? I checked the account email I haven't logged into for 4 years and nothing. >_>
I had an alt account with a priest from back when you could buff yourself before solo content, but I checked the e-mail and got nothing. So I'm not so sure about the theory that it's for old/returning players.
TERA PC - General Discussion#25 Lyanni09/13/2018, 05:55 PM
I never get those emails, even if its an account I dont login anymore for years.

To be fair, I got that one this time... But i never got them till now, ever :P
Kirasaka wrote: »

the codes sent by email are usually bound to the tera account they are emailed to. So can't actually give them to someone else. Not sure if this one is usable on other accounts.

You can use the code in another account.
These emails have always been pretty random. I got the email on my main that was logged in even just yesterday, but not on a dead alt that hasn't logged in for years.
TERA PC - General Discussion#27 Maddhawk09/13/2018, 06:04 PM
That looks like a fishing email. I would be very cautious about investigating that link. Hover your mouse over it. Is the link different from what is posted in the email? Right click and check the properties. Finally, get on Discord and see if you can get more info from one the the EME staff on there. They are afk most of the time, but they are there every now and then and do respond.

Do note, GM Cobaltdragon does have all private messages blocked on Discord, but one of the others might respond.
TERA PC - General Discussion#28 Lyanni09/13/2018, 06:17 PM
Maddhawk wrote: »
That looks like a fishing email. I would be very cautious about investigating that link. Hover your mouse over it. Is the link different from what is posted in the email? Right click and check the properties. Finally, get on Discord and see if you can get more info from one the the EME staff on there. They are afk most of the time, but they are there every now and then and do respond.

Do note, GM Cobaltdragon does have all private messages blocked on Discord, but one of the others might respond.

Its always good to be cautious. But in this case, you really dont need to click anything in that email.
And the code works if you type it in your account.

To be safe tho, never click any link in the email :D
Maddhawk wrote: »
That looks like a fishing email. I would be very cautious about investigating that link. Hover your mouse over it. Is the link different from what is posted in the email? Right click and check the properties. Finally, get on Discord and see if you can get more info from one the the EME staff on there. They are afk most of the time, but they are there every now and then and do respond.

Do note, GM Cobaltdragon does have all private messages blocked on Discord, but one of the others might respond.

It's not a phishing email; the codes do work. If you want to be cautious don't click any link and just go directly to account.enmasse.com to login and enter the code.

It's unlikely that people are going to be sending phishing emails regarding TERA in particular, but it is always good to be cautious.

Does anyone know why some have received character slots and others have received a fireworks?
TERA PC - General Discussion#31 Maddhawk09/13/2018, 06:45 PM
I am always paranoid when I see gold spammers in chat in a game. That said, it has been a long time since I have seen them since WoW introduced the WoW Token as a means of allowing players with lots of gold to sell their gold to players with lots of money.
ChakNense wrote: »
Does anyone know why some have received character slots and others have received a fireworks?

Everyone got both 'super awesome fireworks' (through ingame mail) and characters slots (through item claim).
TERA PC - General Discussion#33 Lyanni09/13/2018, 06:50 PM
ChakNense wrote: »
Does anyone know why some have received character slots and others have received a fireworks?

The character slots go directly to your item claim when you login, the fireworks you receive in parcel post. Check your Item Claim to see if you got them
The thing is, I did not get the Slots through item claim.
TERA PC - General Discussion#35 MyuuMew09/13/2018, 06:54 PM
only on of my abandon alt emails got a code so far (code worked btw) so i think it just goes by a email list in alphabetical order? assuming since first letter began with e

as for why some got fireworks and not slots idk sounds like a [filtered] up on eme side so may wanna send in a ticket
TERA PC - General Discussion#36 Elinu109/13/2018, 07:09 PM
Never got any email on any of my accounts.
TERA PC - General Discussion#37 Zanni09/13/2018, 07:20 PM
> @ChakNense said:
> Does anyone know why some have received character slots and others have received a fireworks?
If you log in you should get 8 free slots in your item claim and the firework in the parcel post.
ChakNense wrote: »
The thing is, I did not get the Slots through item claim.
I checked yesterday, and had nothing on the claim item.

Be sure to completely close and restart your launcher. If you keep the launcher open, it won't detect properly. And then it should show up in the last time of your one-time use item claim, although you won't necessarily see a notification about it.
I got the e-mail, but there is no code as the e-mail claims there should be.
TERA PC - General Discussion#40 TJKat09/14/2018, 11:27 PM
I also got an email inviting me to claim "a bundle of free items just for entering the code below!" but with no code anywhere in the email.
Same here. Got an e-mail, but no code.
I didn't get any code. maybe they don't love us anymore lol.
Didn't even get an email. RIP me.
It's just ... Blank. I contacted one of the staff about it, so hopefully they'll fix this?
iug5s0X.png
i see a staff answered but i cant find their comment here..
TERA PC - General Discussion#46 ElinLove09/15/2018, 12:16 AM
I didn't get any code. maybe they don't love us anymore lol.

Plot twist: they never did
Got the email but no code despite it saying enter the code below. Welp....
TERA PC - General Discussion#48 tisnotme09/15/2018, 01:02 AM
maybe code has already hit its limit or expired
they don't like giving odes any more and when they do its only a small window any ways
TERA PC - General Discussion#49 Fanciful09/15/2018, 05:49 AM
tisnotme wrote: »
maybe code has already hit its limit or expired
they don't like giving odes any more and when they do its only a small window any ways

I doubt that's what happened. The codes weren't included in the emails at all. Unless EME put effort into building emails that would delete part of themselves once a certain limit was reached.
Same. Got an email that said "code below," but it had no code.
I got an email but didn't even show a code
TERA PC - General Discussion#52 Vasy86le09/15/2018, 04:36 PM
I confirm, i get mail but no code below :))
TERA PC - General Discussion#53 Vasy86le09/15/2018, 04:41 PM
Captur.jpg
I got mail but no code :(
Yup, same mail here.
What is it, that EME can do so many public "mistakes" and as I asked once before, why they never answer for their actions?
In any case I just hope the big merge won't end in even bigger fail :s
I also got the mail but no code :/
TERA PC - General Discussion#56 tisnotme09/16/2018, 12:51 AM
me too
no code
TERA PC - General Discussion#57 Lyanni09/16/2018, 12:04 PM
The email I got with a code wasnt about that new expansion. Was one talking about the merge only.
They probably forgot to attach the code to that one lol
TERA PC - General Discussion#58 Kirasaka09/16/2018, 01:09 PM
No code in the email I got. Good job EME....
TERA PC - General Discussion#59 Pandka09/17/2018, 06:51 AM
I got my email this morning. And no code either
TERA PC - General Discussion#60 RKC09/17/2018, 11:41 AM
No email at all.
TERA PC - General Discussion#61 Pandka09/17/2018, 01:18 PM
But I noticed another thing in the email text:
We’ve also got freshly-merged servers waiting for you (so it should be a lot easier to find a pick-up group when you go wading back into the Shadow Sanguinary), plus for a limited time, a bundle of free items just for entering the code below!

Freshly-merged servers? They're not merged yet so maybe the emails weren't even supposed to be sent before the merge o.O
TERA PC - General Discussion#62 DXM09/17/2018, 01:24 PM
RKC wrote: »
No email at all.

same
TERA PC - General Discussion#63 TJKat09/17/2018, 02:45 PM
Pandka wrote: »
But I noticed another thing in the email text:
We’ve also got freshly-merged servers waiting for you (so it should be a lot easier to find a pick-up group when you go wading back into the Shadow Sanguinary), plus for a limited time, a bundle of free items just for entering the code below!

Freshly-merged servers? They're not merged yet so maybe the emails weren't even supposed to be sent before the merge o.O

I noticed that too. It definitely seems like a post-merge email. Dear EME, can I get the PRE-merge email that actually has a code in it?
There probably troll us with the code on email as I got the same thing so mabye everyone else got the same email anda code is just to troll with us. Just think about it until we get a answer or other email promly for merger.
IT is so funny. hahahahaha. So, they pretend to calm down people, with a single outfit or whatever?? when people already is going to lose half of their characters, and when people already wasted hundreds of dollars on them???? i mean, i cant believe i didnt figure it out earlier. Everybody told me about gameforge and BH, but i just thought it was the same old story. But after all this, server merge, emails with dumb gifts to make people happy (even if they are going to lose half of what they invested in the game) i mean, at least now i know that i will never EVER waste a single dime in this game. I am new to the game and i al ready wasted about 200 $ in 3-4 months. And now im going to lose at least half of it. Really? hahahahahaha. Do you think that a free costume is going to fix that????? hahahahahaha. Too bad half of the population playing this game is blind, but for once i wish this game will end right now. Please GF, close the servers and stop scamming people.
RKC wrote: »
No email at all.

Same, no email at all. Only reason I know is because I keep track of the Discord, but if I didn't, then I'd be in the dark until I tried to login and wonder why I couldn't.
Pandka wrote: »
But I noticed another thing in the email text:
We’ve also got freshly-merged servers waiting for you (so it should be a lot easier to find a pick-up group when you go wading back into the Shadow Sanguinary), plus for a limited time, a bundle of free items just for entering the code below!

Freshly-merged servers? They're not merged yet so maybe the emails weren't even supposed to be sent before the merge o.O

Yeah, pretty much they screwed the schedule for their bot to send that e-mail and they may have screw it with the bot generating the codes also.
LN7959XC44 wrote: »
IT is so funny. hahahahaha. So, they pretend to calm down people, with a single outfit or whatever?? when people already is going to lose half of their characters, and when people already wasted hundreds of dollars on them???? i mean, i cant believe i didnt figure it out earlier. Everybody told me about gameforge and BH, but i just thought it was the same old story. But after all this, server merge, emails with dumb gifts to make people happy (even if they are going to lose half of what they invested in the game) i mean, at least now i know that i will never EVER waste a single dime in this game. I am new to the game and i al ready wasted about 200 $ in 3-4 months. And now im going to lose at least half of it. Really? hahahahahaha. Do you think that a free costume is going to fix that????? hahahahahaha. Too bad half of the population playing this game is blind, but for once i wish this game will end right now. Please GF, close the servers and stop scamming people.

I'm not sure if you're playing on EME or GF servers from your message, but if you're playing here and have only been playing for 3-4 months, I doubt you will lose any characters (unless you somehow already made over 40 characters and bought items more than that, which you can't do for $200). I made this calculator so you can figure out where to apply the free character slots that were given so you can save all your characters.

https://countrpt.github.io/tera-merge/
You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.