TERA Online forum archive
TERA PC - General Discussion: Im confused about blue nocs
TERA PC - General Discussion#1 Saabi06/11/2018, 04:10 AM
Why is it still such a hassle to obtain these items? It's already bad enough that we don't have talents and in addition to that we dont have Velik's Blessing for AAHM. It's still too expensive in vanguard considering we have to buy Epsilon scrolls to reset AAHM. Just please make this more available... jesus. please? EU players just rolling around in blue noc's while we struggle.
you could have been rolling around in blue nocts last month during each dg jackpot too

just because you and your greedy [filtered] friends were more interested in additives doesn't mean the option wasn't there
Run dungs buy with new coins or buy in vg merchant
TERA PC - General Discussion#4 Saabi06/11/2018, 07:39 AM
Most people go for additives, there's almost no parties that want to run for blue noc; it should not be a trade off. This current event is terrible, in the coin shop blue noc is way too expensive. I legit dont understand it.
parse without nocts then

there was a very available method to obtain blue nocts last month, and this update literally added two more methods
TERA PC - General Discussion#6 Saabi06/11/2018, 09:12 AM
This method is slow and impractical. This patch introduced AAHM, people want to run that not RRHM. I don't understand why you want Blue nocs to be difficult to obtain. Parsing is irrelevant to the fact that blue nocs are harder to get for no reason; it helps all players clear content.
TERA PC - General Discussion#7 Saabi06/11/2018, 09:12 AM
And first off, why are you so hostile?
TERA PC - General Discussion#8 Saabi06/11/2018, 09:16 AM
Eme can you please add Blue nocs to AAHM or something? Like 2~3 of them per clear?
Saabi wrote: »
And first off, why are you so hostile?

He is no hostile, he told you truth about gold version from blue nocs being easily to get, if you chose to get additives instead then dont be cheap and buy nocs from other players.
TERA PC - General Discussion#10 Saabi06/11/2018, 11:57 AM
You cannot buy blue nocs from other players, and as I've said before it's not realistic that someone such as myself who logs on to run hard content will be able to farm enough blue nocs for my runs. I don't know how much free time you guys have on your hands but the average person cant just run low dungeons all day just to buy 1~3 blue nocs that can ATMOST hold you for 3 runs of AAHM. It's seriously something that needs to be adjusted.
TERA PC - General Discussion#11 Saabi06/11/2018, 12:02 PM
Also, during the highlights I'm at the mercy of my party. Everyone wants additive, i can't solo the dungeon...
Saabi wrote: »
Also, during the highlights I'm at the mercy of my party. Everyone wants additive, i can't solo the dungeon...

Coulda just made your own...yeah it may take time to fill but it fills eventually

"But that's too slow and impratical!" i hear you cry

Patience is a virtue no-one has anymore it seems...... sits on a pile of Sup nocts i burn in every dungeon and still have more
TERA PC - General Discussion#13 metagame06/11/2018, 12:58 PM
i doubt the "average person" would be able to clear aahm 3 times with a handful of nocts either

try again
I think this issue is becuase the new leaderboard dungeons.

I never saw you complaining before and there was a time before that acquiring nocs were even harder than now.
This is what I'm seeing,

Hardcore PvE player that frequently plays and parses needs more blue nocts and wishes more ways of earning more.

Casual (or doesn't do any content at all) PvE players that doesn't parse have plenty of blue nocts from events and doesn't see the reasoning behind of needing more.
I think Saabi has a good point, at high level content such as AAHM you can easily spend tons of blue noct and because of the extreme dps check it's necessary not just for parsing. If the high level community needs large amounts of blue noct why not make the difficult content that uses it also reward it for successfully completing the hard content. As for having too much blue noct for casual pve I can only say why not use it more often then if you have too much?
Honestly, blue nocs would not be as big an issue if we weren't so far behind ktera balance - for instance, once velik's buff was added to rrhm, it's now easy to clear even with no consumables, when people were wiping it in 15 minute fights + full consumables just a few days earlier.
Pretty much all the points in this thread against it have basically been "Why didn't you farm a bunch during the anniversary event last month?" or "It's only necessary for parsing, why do you want more?!"

But it's not the anniversary event any more, so it's not a relevant point, even if it was not everyone logged in to grind every weekend that month, especially players who weren't playing and came back with the introduction of new gear and dungeons this month.

As for the parse runs or all the other talk like that, why do we even have consumables if not to use them? If they're going to exist, why do they need to be unnecessarily grindy to obtain for the rate that they tend to be used by players who run content that has valid reason for using them?

As it stands, there's 2 ways to obtain blue nocs in-game:

900 vanguard credits + 500 noctenium. If you're only running hard content the vanguard credits required are the equivalent of 13 AAHM runs or 15 RKHM runs, for a single blue noc.

3 dungeon delver coins. Except only ONE high-tier dungeon is on spotlight every 2 weeks for 72 hours. Said dungeon also only awards 3 coins, so at most you're breaking even, assuming that the spotlight dungeon is the one you want to run.

Now of course, I didn't include farming low-tier dungeons in that. Well, that raises the question of why is it necessary that the answer to attaining high-tier consumables is to spam inordinate amounts of low-tier dungeons? Why are high-tier dungeons themselves not rewarding enough to be sustainable?
Not only that, but a 3-star dungeon awards 1 coin. Let's say you run 2 runs of AAHM a day, across 11 days that there's no event, that's 22 blue noc for the non-event time period. In other words that's 66 low-tier dungeon runs, or 22 dungeon runs per day for 3 days straight every 2 weeks just to break even on usage.
Of course if you like to reset, that becomes 132 low-tier dungeons or 44 per day for 3 days.
Either way, you're spending an absurd amount of time running low-tier content that's not even relevant to you.

So in summary, the two options given in-game are to either do a on average 14:1 exchange rate for dungeons:blue nocs, which is absurd. Or only run the dungeon for 3 out of every 14 days in order to break even on consumable usage. Alternatively wait for that event that happens every 3 out of 14 days and farm low-tier dungeons for 72 straight hours.

Meanwhile in comparison to EU, in EU it takes 2.5X low-tier dungeon runs to earn tokens to obtain 1 blue noc, slightly better than our version, but not by much. However a 5-star dungeon rewards enough tokens to purchase 2 blue noc per run, more than double the value of our version, because of far more reasonable reward scaling.
There's also the small caveat that in EU, it's not an event, and it affects all dungeons at all times. Their basic game function out-values our "event" by several fold.
How about add 20/30min blue noct instead of the 100-200 whatever common noct we get for the actual hard dungeons?
TERA PC - General Discussion#20 Epikpie06/11/2018, 05:01 PM
> @Imarabbitdawg said:
> How about replace the 100-200 common noct from the current VG for 20/30min blue noct instead? 20min for ilvl 446, 30min for ilvl 453.

Bro stop. You are making too much sense!
TERA PC - General Discussion#21 Epikpie06/11/2018, 05:08 PM
It usually takes my group about an hour of consumables to do 1 full AAHM and we don’t just use blue noct. So being compensated for a little bit of what we had to use would be nice.
just use normal nocts if you have to, they are almost as good. yeah, that "50% effect increase" seems nice but all it's really doing is turning a 6% skill dmg boost into a 9%.
Infinitee wrote: »
just use normal nocts if you have to, they are almost as good. yeah, that "50% effect increase" seems nice but all it's really doing is turning a 6% skill dmg boost into a 9%.

...lol you don't know who Saabi is, do you?
TERA PC - General Discussion#24 Saabi06/11/2018, 08:23 PM
I've brought this issue up before, prior to the dungeon highlights that they added to the game. Refer to here: https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/20998/the-issue-with-bluenocs-please-help/p1

This is not my first time highlighting this issue. This is a serious problem for players who farm high level content. Why are the casuals so opposed to us getting more blue nocs?
Can you just be a normal publisher for once and put the damn thing in the elite bar and actually make the elite WORTH buying without people being like ew why did I just waste my gold / money on Elite without having buyers remorse. Thank you !

:+1: for thread, give me easier way to obtain these things
refiners cost under half of what we have on NA for noctenium, why is that a thing
gold boosts have been useless after vm1 gold nerfs replace it with something useful
TERA PC - General Discussion#28 Saabi06/11/2018, 09:49 PM
This problem is gonna be even more infuriating when DSU comes out. Can't wait to run into the problem of my party running out of blue nocs and not being able to clear DSU ESPECIALLY when we are missing other things that increase dps that KOREA has. But whatever...
Saabi wrote: »
This problem is gonna be even more infuriating when DSU comes out. Can't wait to run into the problem of my party running out of blue nocs and not being able to clear DSU ESPECIALLY when we are missing other things that increase dps that KOREA has. But whatever...
<LFG> DSU SLAYING ONLY FULL +9 SKILLED (blue noc only!)
Saabi wrote: »
This problem is gonna be even more infuriating when DSU comes out. Can't wait to run into the problem of my party running out of blue nocs and not being able to clear DSU ESPECIALLY when we are missing other things that increase dps that KOREA has. But whatever...
<LFG> DSU SLAYING ONLY FULL +9 SKILLED (blue noc only!)

You missed out the "Zerk/Warrior Only"
Vinyltails wrote: »
Saabi wrote: »
This problem is gonna be even more infuriating when DSU comes out. Can't wait to run into the problem of my party running out of blue nocs and not being able to clear DSU ESPECIALLY when we are missing other things that increase dps that KOREA has. But whatever...
<LFG> DSU SLAYING ONLY FULL +9 SKILLED (blue noc only!)

You missed out the "Zerk/Warrior Only"

there are other classes????
Why do not ask for blue nocs to be included on dragon scale shop?

2 scales for 1 blue noc, problem solved.
Infinitee wrote: »
just use normal nocts if you have to, they are almost as good. yeah, that "50% effect increase" seems nice but all it's really doing is turning a 6% skill dmg boost into a 9%.

Blue Noct provides that skill bonus to every skill, regular noctenium only activates the enhanced modifers on certain skills.
Saabi wrote: »
This problem is gonna be even more infuriating when DSU comes out. Can't wait to run into the problem of my party running out of blue nocs and not being able to clear DSU ESPECIALLY when we are missing other things that increase dps that KOREA has. But whatever...
<LFG> DSU SLAYING ONLY FULL +9 SKILLED (blue noc only!)

I understand the joke, but GL slaying CDS due to the bleed debuff, also HV only or get outta here.

Also CDS is already going to be hell on our region since we don't benefit from talents at all (KTera does and it still took them 2-ish months to just get one group to clear floor 10) and have no special consumables, also EmE probably won't even consider adding the Velik's Little Helper (which is just a basic talent compensation, doesn't even cover the skill bonuses) until a few months in because "content needs to be challenging". The least that can be done is having noctenium (and other consumables) readily available while running endgame content, something that EmE continues to ignore with all their "events".
TERA PC - General Discussion#34 Epikpie06/12/2018, 03:03 AM
Ktera has talents. Other regions have Velik's little helper to compensate for talents but doesn't even come close to what talents have to offer.
In addition, they have easier access to consumables meanwhile here on NA, we want stuffs to be challenging.
Not only are we already doing the dungeon harder than other regions, we are also starved of consumables.

It is fine if you guys want us to have a harder time than ktera, but at least solve the consumable problem? By the time DSU comes out we'll already be all dried out.
TERA PC - General Discussion#35 metagame06/12/2018, 05:25 AM
there isn't any issue to solve in the first place

if you want blue nocts there are multiple ways currently in the game to obtain them, adding more ways currently isn't necessary
metagame wrote: »
there isn't any issue to solve in the first place

if you want blue nocts there are multiple ways currently in the game to obtain them, adding more ways currently isn't necessary

I really want to know what multiple ways you're referencing. Currently since there's no jackpot event on, so as far as I'm aware the only methods to obtain Blue Noc's is either via gambling on lootboxes from the cash shop, or from the vanguard shop, which costs 900 credits and AAHM rewards... 70, or in other words 13 runs for 1 blue noc.

Could you please explain the multiple other methods? Because I would really like to use them but strangely nobody posting about all these methods seems inclined to share what they are...
TERA PC - General Discussion#37 Saabi06/12/2018, 10:47 AM
metagame wrote: »
there isn't any issue to solve in the first place

if you want blue nocts there are multiple ways currently in the game to obtain them, adding more ways currently isn't necessary

I really want to know what multiple ways you're referencing. Currently since there's no jackpot event on, so as far as I'm aware the only methods to obtain Blue Noc's is either via gambling on lootboxes from the cash shop, or from the vanguard shop, which costs 900 credits and AAHM rewards... 70, or in other words 13 runs for 1 blue noc.

Could you please explain the multiple other methods? Because I would really like to use them but strangely nobody posting about all these methods seems inclined to share what they are...
^
TERA PC - General Discussion#38 metagame06/12/2018, 01:17 PM
every method was posted or mentioned in this thread already, but here's a compiled list for your convenience:

1) vg credits
2) dungeon delver tokens
3) battleground tokens
4) lootboxes

three of these methods are available everyday, and the last has a few specifics tied to it.

i think that if blue nocts are added to aahm then veilthrochs should be removed from its drop table too so the only way to obtain them are bg boxes. one dungeon does not need to have any and every item you want in it; it already has its own exclusive rewards. if you aren't interested in running other dungeons then that's a personal problem
TERA PC - General Discussion#39 YUMEKA06/12/2018, 01:49 PM
@metagame

LMAO you're dumb just stop it
metagame wrote: »
every method was posted or mentioned in this thread already, but here's a compiled list for your convenience:

1) vg credits
2) dungeon delver tokens
3) battleground tokens
4) lootboxes

three of these methods are available everyday, and the last has a few specifics tied to it.

i think that if blue nocts are added to aahm then veilthrochs should be removed from its drop table too so the only way to obtain them are bg boxes. one dungeon does not need to have any and every item you want in it; it already has its own exclusive rewards. if you aren't interested in running other dungeons then that's a personal problem

Of the methods you listed:

- VG credits take 13 runs of the hardest dungeon to obtain 1 blue noc, which is unrealistic and non-viable for any half-decent consumable usage, even with lower dungeons it takes absurd numbers of runs to gain even a single noc.
- Dungeon coins are available for 3 out of every 11 days and either break even, or require absurd grind which I mathematically broke down in an earlier post.
- BG tokens aren't exactly something you can farm due to reliance on RNG with jackpots and winning the BG, with blue nocs still costing 5 tokens which means running several times more BG's than the dungeons in which you intend to use those items you obtained.
- Lootboxes... I shouldn't even have to point out why this is not a valid way to farm consumables.

So of the methods to obtain a consumable used in high-end PvE, only 2 are relevant to PvE, and neither can possibly sustain usage without either extremely disproportionate amounts of low-level content or literally only running high-end PvE content for 3 days out of every 2 weeks.

One dungeon doesn't need to have every item you want in it, but currently NO DUNGEON does, hell NO PVE CONTENT supplies a reasonable rate of the consumables used in PvE, in particular blue noc's.

If you want to run AAHM twice a day, and use a single blue noc in each then according to the methods you listed you have to:

- Run 26-30 top-tier dungeons per day. Or alternatively 45 ilvl 431 dungeons per day.
- Run 14 ilvl 439 dungeons every day for 3 days during dungeon coin events.
- With an assumed 2 coin jackpot and 50/50 BG win-rate, run an average of 10 BG's per day.
- With an assumed average 1/7 RNG for lootboxes spend around $10.50 or 52,500 gold per day.

Unless you absolutely hate yourself, none of the above with the exception of potentially BG's to PvP fans, would sound even remotely reasonable to anyone to do consistently for several days/weeks in a row.
Top it off with the fact that the above was listed with the idea in mind that you would only run 2 dungeon runs per day in which you used blue noc, more dungeons, more usage, more of the above.

Meanwhile, EU manages to have both material rewards AND consumable rewards in their high-tier content! It's almost like the two don't need to be mutually exclusive because a reasonable flow of consumables rewarded for clearing high-end content doesn't break the game in any way.
TERA PC - General Discussion#41 metagame06/12/2018, 04:04 PM
- VG credits take 13 runs of the hardest dungeon
it takes 7.
metagame wrote: »
- VG credits take 13 runs of the hardest dungeon
it takes 7.

I forget, with elite yes it takes 7. That's still a 7:1 ratio of dungeon:noc when considering the hardest dungeon in the game, and still equates to 14-15 top-tier dungeons or 23 ilvl 431 dungeons per day, for a whopping 2 consumables.
This honestly all goes back to why is harder contents so not rewarding. If the dungeon itself requires you to use x y and z, why does it not reward you with x y and z back in return, so you can run more. Why is that the most profitable thing to do in this game is always low tier stuff, for people that are incapable, but has lots of time on their hands to grind?

Like, I just don't understand. Why is it that I have to farm 3 stars dungeons all day everyday just so I can get enough nocts and vg credits to get some blue nocts, so I can run one AAHM? I just fail to make any sense out of that at all.
TERA PC - General Discussion#44 Khernz06/12/2018, 05:15 PM
ITT: casual players who have no business or prior need for blue nocs arguing against parsing endgame players that are all experiencing the needs.

It's funny they find it not enough to just keep quiet about something they have no issue with and have to literally argue against it like it's some zero-sum game and more availability of blue nocs somehow equates to other things they need being taken away.
To add to the list of ways to get them I got a couple of refiners from the iod box. Not saying thats a reliable way to farm them though.

I agree that the vg cost is extremely high and should be adjusted to match EU. Why are they so high in the first place?
TERA PC - General Discussion#46 metagame06/12/2018, 05:45 PM
Khernz wrote: »
ITT: casual players who have no business or prior need for blue nocs arguing against parsing endgame players that are all experiencing the needs.
you can quote my post dude, you don't gotta make yourself try and look better by ignoring any arguments to pick apart mine

You know, skimming through this, so perhaps someone else brought it up, but... Why aren't blue nocts tradeable? Normal nocts are. Many other consumables are. What makes these different, requiring them to be untradeable?

Myself, I don't give a crap either way about nocts. I carry some on my lancer for when things get rough, but as I don't run the super-hard stuff, they just sit in my bank and gather dust. I just checked - I've got over 100k of the normal nocts in my bank (and I know I've sold/given some away previously), along with 50 blue nocts. Not counting whatever stuff is laying around my dozen or so char's inventories. And I doubt I'm the only one - I bet there's other people with even more.

You know what else I have a lot of? Vanguard credits. Just earlier this week I had to find something to buy on at least one char because I hit the 9,000 cap. (It bugs me to be wasting credits, even if I'm not using them anyway.) Between work and home stuff, I simply don't have enough time to play TERA any given day to need reset scrolls - and CCB easily takes care of needing many crystals.

Sure, I could sell my normal noct, but someone still needs to pay those credits themselves. It sounds like most of the people who would want to buy noct already are spending all their credits on things. Meanwhile, I've got noct, I've got credits. I could be drowning in these stupid little blue things if I wanted. But I can't trade them, so there they sit. Hopefully nobody ever raids my bank for performance-enhancing drugs.

...I would love to be able to trade/sell blue noct to other players. Players who are actually going to be using them. Players who apparently need them at the super-hard stuff. And I get gold. Isn't that the entire point of trading things?
@pltnmvenus I like the idea of them become tradeable.

And I will insist, I think dragon scale shop is the best way to make them avaliable for end-game players, manily because after you already got your Iron Dragon then there is only consumables what they can really be worth trading.

We can get Strong Braveries and Canephoras throught other means so it would be a good choice to get blue nocs in this token shop as well.
TERA PC - General Discussion#49 Pages06/12/2018, 06:04 PM
Saabi wrote: »
This problem is gonna be even more infuriating when DSU comes out. Can't wait to run into the problem of my party running out of blue nocs and not being able to clear DSU ESPECIALLY when we are missing other things that increase dps that KOREA has. But whatever...

Don't worry Saabi!!!! We'll get Velik's Little Helper 2 weeks late in order to ensure our DSU is in the "hardest" difficulty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ElinUsagi wrote: »
And I will insist, I think dragon scale shop is the best way to make them avaliable for end-game players, manily because after you already got your Iron Dragon then there is only consumables what they can really be worth trading.

Dragon scales work too, yeah. Like you said, there's only so many dragons you're going to be wanting to buy with them.

This thread, overall, confuses me. Maybe I just don't see the problem with having a consumable available from loads of different places. Put them in every single shop for all I care - that's just a question of pricing, rather than availability.

Cause at the end of the day... I'm here to play TERA. Doing the actual PvE is what's fun for me. You could make the argument for having to "work" for consumables, just like you have to work for item XP and enchantment materials and gold, but... It's a consumable, it's inherently temporary. I see no reason for consumables to not be all gold-purchasable. Floormats will still be floormats anyway.
TERA PC - General Discussion#51 Khernz06/12/2018, 08:40 PM
metagame wrote: »
Khernz wrote: »
ITT: casual players who have no business or prior need for blue nocs arguing against parsing endgame players that are all experiencing the needs.
you can quote my post dude, you don't gotta make yourself try and look better by ignoring any arguments to pick apart mine

Don't be so insecure. No one cares that much about you to single you out. Unless you're implying you, usagi, infinitee are the same person.
You can run other stuff than aahm on alts and buy nocs.
TERA PC - General Discussion#53 Taldek06/12/2018, 09:25 PM
While it only really affects a small margin of players i guess, its a problem none the less. It was somewhat manageable with double vanguard but since thats not a permanent thing its more painful. Fact is if you run the top tier dungeons you use them waaaay faster than you earn them. Even one shotting AAHM still takes 20 minutes ish. You get 70 points(140 with elite) per clear right now and it takes 900 to buy a 30 minute noct. Even doing multiple runs, all one shots, you still end up negative. In korea the noct prices on vanguard are much cheaper, as well as in europe. Europe has elleon tokens per dungeon run so you can effectively buy 2 nocts per dungeon run always. A possible solution would be to leave the dungeon delver tokens on permanently for every dungeon or invent something similar to elleon tokens so people can buy talents/nocts/whatever they want. This is one of those problems thats gonna become even more damaging when dreadspire comes and you spent a ludicrous amount of time/consumables in there.
The crabs drop blue noct!
metagame wrote: »
there isn't any issue to solve in the first place

if you want blue nocts there are multiple ways currently in the game to obtain them, adding more ways currently isn't necessary

I really want to know what multiple ways you're referencing. Currently since there's no jackpot event on, so as far as I'm aware the only methods to obtain Blue Noc's is either via gambling on lootboxes from the cash shop, or from the vanguard shop, which costs 900 credits and AAHM rewards... 70, or in other words 13 runs for 1 blue noc.

Could you please explain the multiple other methods? Because I would really like to use them but strangely nobody posting about all these methods seems inclined to share what they are...

I actually think we SHOULD have more ways to get blue nocts, but I am getting a fair number of refiners from killing thieves on IoD. So there could be that.
I do think blue noct would be nice, but they way OP states it is as if he wants it handed to him so he can do hard, end-game dungeons without doing a bit of farming to work for those consumables. a small event would be nice to let this stuff be distributed, doesn't have to be a big event givings out lots of things.

I just wish the website was more ergonomically and graphically friendly so these events and all could be seen all at once. i look at the website and i have no idea what's going on other than that there's 3 different sections to it on middle of the left side (PC, PS4, XBOX ONE)
TERA PC - General Discussion#57 Saabi06/13/2018, 06:54 AM
Catservant wrote: »
metagame wrote: »
there isn't any issue to solve in the first place

if you want blue nocts there are multiple ways currently in the game to obtain them, adding more ways currently isn't necessary

I really want to know what multiple ways you're referencing. Currently since there's no jackpot event on, so as far as I'm aware the only methods to obtain Blue Noc's is either via gambling on lootboxes from the cash shop, or from the vanguard shop, which costs 900 credits and AAHM rewards... 70, or in other words 13 runs for 1 blue noc.

Could you please explain the multiple other methods? Because I would really like to use them but strangely nobody posting about all these methods seems inclined to share what they are...

I actually think we SHOULD have more ways to get blue nocts, but I am getting a fair number of refiners from killing thieves on IoD. So there could be that.

and btw I am a casual who is only flirting with end game content, and I also find it weird that some people are fighting this so hard.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure why people want this consumable to be hard to obtain. It's not gear. Blue noc is something thats gonna be essential in coming content.
TERA PC - General Discussion#58 Saabi06/13/2018, 07:00 AM
I do think blue noct would be nice, but they way OP states it is as if he wants it handed to him so he can do hard, end-game dungeons without doing a bit of farming to work for those consumables. a small event would be nice to let this stuff be distributed, doesn't have to be a big event givings out lots of things.

I just wish the website was more ergonomically and graphically friendly so these events and all could be seen all at once. i look at the website and i have no idea what's going on other than that there's 3 different sections to it on middle of the left side (PC, PS4, XBOX ONE)

I don't quite understand why you want a consumable to be so heavily tied to events when its something thats extremely valuable in true endgame dungeons. Why should we have to run dungeons that we needed when we first started gearing? Why run filler content to obtain items that needed at the top-end of the game? it just doesn't make sense. It literally does you and no other person who is against me any harm to have blue nocs be actually widely available; it's completely beneficial. I don't understand this mentality of having the consumable rare. IT LITERALLY DOES NO HARM. You can't even trade it. You can't sell it.

Why [filtered] off endgame players by having crucial item a [filtered] to obtain? If you're casual and you never use them, fine, but why do you want to block others who need them?
TERA PC - General Discussion#59 Saabi06/13/2018, 07:03 AM
And these so called events giving out Master additives are more damaging to the game economically than blue nocs would ever be, wake up people.
TERA PC - General Discussion#60 metagame06/13/2018, 11:53 AM
weren't you going on towards the start of the thread about how that event was over and therefore not relevant

stop backpedaling
I'm back.

So I'm guessing the casuals (which I'm not surprised) are winning this thread over the pro players huh.

I guess that's that then.
TERA PC - General Discussion#62 Saabi06/13/2018, 03:20 PM
> @metagame said:
> weren't you going on towards the start of the thread about how that event was over and therefore not relevant
>
> stop backpedaling

I know you're intentionally a clown... Atleast I hope so... but I never complained about event being over. The event was never good for nocs because it wasn't viable to go for them, it was next to impossible for me to get a party together to get nocs.
Partyblast wrote: »
Infinitee wrote: »
just use normal nocts if you have to, they are almost as good. yeah, that "50% effect increase" seems nice but all it's really doing is turning a 6% skill dmg boost into a 9%.

Blue Noct provides that skill bonus to every skill, regular noctenium only activates the enhanced modifers on certain skills.
I had no idea, thanks. best of luck with your efforts.

tbh nocts should have been outed with alliance. god forbid we should be able to clear anything on skill alone, but no need the 5 holy consumables
TERA PC - General Discussion#64 Saabi06/13/2018, 03:26 PM
> @DL7MMWLJ3W said:
> I'm back.
>
> So I'm guessing the casuals (which I'm not surprised) are winning this thread over the pro players huh.
>
> I guess that's that then.

It's a sad truth. People who don't actually play the game dictate the game's experience for those that actually do.
TERA PC - General Discussion#65 sanj6606/13/2018, 05:09 PM
the only efficient way to farm blue nocts atm is literally hh p4, cuz you can do hh with no consumes but a nostrum now in like 20-30 mins or just alt p4's but thats the thing its limited to 1 entry per char per week. also given the fact of the whole regular noct lag thing, idk if its still and issue, they should have offered blue noct conversion easier or more available. it hurts no one to make it easier, casuals can pop off on every thing they do and hardcore can pop off on their try hard runs, every one wins and no one loses. yea the way he put it across may have seem self centred but just look beyond it to the point he was making and the effects of it.
If blue nocts are such a big deal for running high tier dungeons, maybe they should just add them as vanguard rewards for running mid tier dungeons.
RandomElin wrote: »
If blue nocts are such a big deal for running high tier dungeons, maybe they should just add them as vanguard rewards for running mid tier dungeons.

The complain from the OP is that he only have time to run 6 5 star dungeons a day and he clearly with that comment and his "those who don't play the game" statement is neglacting even 4 star dungeons as part of the game.

Basically I think it would be better to include blue nocs on dragon scale shop, reducing refiner cost and including noc infusions in vanguard credit shop also.

That way all people running 4 and 5 star dungeons will have more sources from these kind of consumables.
TERA PC - General Discussion#68 BOBBYYYY06/17/2018, 05:38 AM
just give us free blue nocs if you're elite. its not like you guys making profit off of them anyways >_<
I agree that the Refiner cost is way too high. Its ok only for those who do other stuff except high dungs.

The problem not in ways of obtaining but in price for those who have limited time.
I am surprised there are even people who are against this. Even though this could very well be beneficial to everyone.
TERA PC - General Discussion#71 BOBBYYYY06/17/2018, 06:10 PM
VirtualON wrote: »
I am surprised there are even people who are against this. Even though this could very well be beneficial to everyone.

its because they don't play end game.
TERA PC - General Discussion#72 Khernz06/17/2018, 10:32 PM
VirtualON wrote: »
I am surprised there are even people who are against this. Even though this could very well be beneficial to everyone.

They think it's a zero sum game where if they give something beneficial to the end game players it somehow takes away from their casual gameplay. Otherwise why even talk when you're not relevant to the topic.
TERA PC - General Discussion#73 Saabi06/18/2018, 12:05 AM
Khernz wrote: »
VirtualON wrote: »
I am surprised there are even people who are against this. Even though this could very well be beneficial to everyone.

They think it's a zero sum game where if they give something beneficial to the end game players it somehow takes away from their casual gameplay. Otherwise why even talk when you're not relevant to the topic.

And that's one of the biggest problems with TERA atm. The people who barely play the game have the biggest voice.
TERA PC - General Discussion#74 metagame06/18/2018, 12:23 AM
Khernz wrote: »
Otherwise why even talk when you're not relevant to the topic.
wwbKbNv.png
while it doesn't compare to some of the more dedicated players that already have their aahm title, this should be suffice to show that i do run some endgame content.

offering nocts as a reward is completely unnecessary, as there are several consistent methods already available to farm them. comparing said methods to the main way that eu gets theirs is ridiculous, as both companies run the game differently.
TERA PC - General Discussion#75 Kenzy17506/18/2018, 12:32 AM
metagame wrote: »
Khernz wrote: »
Otherwise why even talk when you're not relevant to the topic.
wwbKbNv.png
while it doesn't compare to some of the more dedicated players that already have their aahm title, this should be suffice to show that i do run some endgame content.

offering nocts as a reward is completely unnecessary, as there are several consistent methods already available to farm them. comparing said methods to the main way that eu gets theirs is ridiculous, as both companies run the game differently.

at this point i just hope that u're trolling with "as there are several consistent methods already available to farm them. " the guy literally told you how many dungeons you have to do in order to get ONE blue noc that in the best case scenario gonna last ONE run.

Its either that or u're just too dumb to realise that theres a problem since u got a few in events and as your pic above shows you dont use it.
EME has issues balancing time to rewards, it's been this way for years.
BHS is aiming to rebalance endgame rewards to make them more worth it in kTera currently, including nerfing the low tier while buffing high tier, so they acknowledge it is an issue. EME could try to help the issue now by supplementing nocs as we wait for BHS's changes.
TERA PC - General Discussion#77 metagame06/18/2018, 08:39 AM
Kenzy175 wrote: »
at this point i just hope that u're trolling with "as there are several consistent methods already available to farm them. " the guy literally told you how many dungeons you have to do in order to get ONE blue noc that in the best case scenario gonna last ONE run.
the "consistent methods" involve running other dungeons without nocts to save up to buy them, or doing things like pvp (anywhere from 2-5 wins for a noct depending on jackpot amount), p4 (2x nocts per clear, profit even if you use one) and even buying lootboxes (average chance, buyable with gold)

having top gear and the ability to clear any dungeon doesn't mean that you're somehow 'locked out' of doing different content.
Kenzy175 wrote: »
***NOTE: E V E R Y O T H E R R E G I O N gives bluenocs like candy***
can you prove this? i thought we were going on about how only eu does.
TERA PC - General Discussion#78 voidy06/18/2018, 10:05 AM
I've been avoiding this thread, lord knows why, it's been a hysterical read. Only reason I can think of that someone would be against something like this is if they're selling their regular noct on the broker and don't want to lose that method of moneymaking. Original poster mentions doing AAHM, a dungeon with a pretty harsh DPS check; even the groups that glitch the final boss during his cage phase often clear with a scary small amount of time to spare since the dungeon is balanced around talents that our version doesn't have. So it makes sense that people would blue noct for that kind of content, and it makes sense for that level of content to drop at least 1 blue noct for every person who ran the dungeon. To me this seems intuitive and I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be a thing unless you just enjoy playing devil's advocate for no reason.

Like, legit, every time someone makes a thread suggesting something that would only help everyone, there're always people who come in and do this. Who even are you people, lmao. And telling them to get noct as their dungeon jackpot, I'm dying over here; no team would've rolled with that. I tried to just IMS TRNM during a jackpot weekend, not even caring about the reward I got, and dealt with so much drama and [filtered] from people who wanted to reroll because we got blue noct. If OP had made "blue noct" LFGs he would've been sitting alone for hours, you people are absolutely nuts.
TERA PC - General Discussion#79 Kenzy17506/18/2018, 10:46 AM
metagame wrote: »
Kenzy175 wrote: »
at this point i just hope that u're trolling with "as there are several consistent methods already available to farm them. " the guy literally told you how many dungeons you have to do in order to get ONE blue noc that in the best case scenario gonna last ONE run.
the "consistent methods" involve running other dungeons without nocts to save up to buy them, or doing things like pvp (anywhere from 2-5 wins for a noct depending on jackpot amount), p4 (2x nocts per clear, profit even if you use one) and even buying lootboxes (average chance, buyable with gold)

having top gear and the ability to clear any dungeon doesn't mean that you're somehow 'locked out' of doing different content.
Kenzy175 wrote: »
***NOTE: E V E R Y O T H E R R E G I O N gives bluenocs like candy***
can you prove this? i thought we were going on about how only eu does.

1° - If you force endgame players to do lowbie content they mostly likely will act elitist since they want to clear it asap which means they not gonna take the undergeared/new people ( which eme was complaining on LKNM event ) also whats the point about force people that are geared and experienced in the game act like a slave farming low content meanwhile they literally could do "fun" stuff like AAHM for example ?_? it just doesnt make any sense to me.

2° - I'll find pictures and i'm not aware of all the methods of obtain bluenoc yet but i do have friends that played there and i'll ask for it, afaik they dont have any problems acquiring bluenocs.
• Ktera 200 vg ( 30 mins )
• Jtera not sure about vg price but theres bluenoc on elite bar
• RU Not sure about the methods but my friend that played there had [filtered] loads of bluenoc
I'll find out how they give out them but i can say for sure that issues with bluenoc is a NA thing.
TERA PC - General Discussion#80 Kenzy17506/18/2018, 11:10 AM
metagame wrote: »
Kenzy175 wrote: »
at this point i just hope that u're trolling with "as there are several consistent methods already available to farm them. " the guy literally told you how many dungeons you have to do in order to get ONE blue noc that in the best case scenario gonna last ONE run.
the "consistent methods" involve running other dungeons without nocts to save up to buy them, or doing things like pvp (anywhere from 2-5 wins for a noct depending on jackpot amount), p4 (2x nocts per clear, profit even if you use one) and even buying lootboxes (average chance, buyable with gold)

having top gear and the ability to clear any dungeon doesn't mean that you're somehow 'locked out' of doing different content.
Kenzy175 wrote: »
***NOTE: E V E R Y O T H E R R E G I O N gives bluenocs like candy***
can you prove this? i thought we were going on about how only eu does.

1° If you force endgame players to farm low content as a slave ( which is the case ) they'll mostly likely act elitist towards nongeared/new players since they want to finish it ASAP. ( Which is also what eme was complaining about on LKNM event with additives etc.. )

2° I'm not entirely sure about the methods to acquire bluenocs but i can say for SURE issues with bluenocs is a NA thing. ( I had friends playing on the servers below )

• EU - Dungeons tokens ( 2 blues + per run ) + 300vg: 30min
• Ktera - 200vg: 30 min
• Jtera - not sure about VG price but it even has it on elite bar
• RU - not sure either about VG price or another method but my friend that played there said it was really easy and had a shitload of bluenocs.
TERA PC - General Discussion#81 metagame06/18/2018, 06:44 PM
aahm is currently clearable without using blue nocts. based on mg, clear times can range from around 5 minutes to around 11, and i would say an average run is about 7-8

clearing without nocts at all may still be a stretch, but now that most people have learned the dungeon and don't sit on the floor for extended periods of time it's much more possible, with or without cage glitch
metagame wrote: »
aahm is currently clearable without using blue nocts. based on mg, clear times can range from around 5 minutes to around 11, and i would say an average run is about 7-8

clearing without nocts at all may still be a stretch, but now that most people have learned the dungeon and don't sit on the floor for extended periods of time it's much more possible, with or without cage glitch

They don't care if the dungeon is clearable or not with blue nocs, they only care for their moongourd rank.
This argument is silly. It's like I said, it's hardcore vs casual on the same thread doesn't mix well together.

Casuals assuming this against Hardcore players, but is wrong. Hardcore players stating this that Casuals fails the see the point.

No GM response to this so either this thread will die out or "that particular" person will drive this topic into triggering more people with their nonsensical words. At least it adds fuel to read about them on discord though!

TERA PC - General Discussion#84 voidy06/18/2018, 08:54 PM
metagame wrote: »
aahm is currently clearable without using blue nocts. based on mg, clear times can range from around 5 minutes to around 11, and i would say an average run is about 7-8

clearing without nocts at all may still be a stretch, but now that most people have learned the dungeon and don't sit on the floor for extended periods of time it's much more possible, with or without cage glitch

I don't doubt it with a good enough group, still doesn't change the fact that you'd be sitting here for a while if you tried to find a group on mg that didn't clear without at least half their group benefiting from blue noct. I didn't say it was impossible without it, just that it makes sense for people to want to break out the good stuff for that fight. That sentiment is reflected in nearly every mg run you'll read on the site. Finding a run where literally nobody uses blue noct is extremely difficult, and for every run you show me with no blue noct, I can show you 30 where half the group or more is benefiting from it. Devs should just listen to the majority of their players and have the dungeon drop blue noct (or refiners so regular noctsellers can keep making money), really don't see the big deal here.
TERA PC - General Discussion#85 Saabi06/18/2018, 10:51 PM
It's not even about moongourd rank. It's about a consumable that shouldn't be rare being too hard to obtain; it's a damn consumable. Also where is this misinformation coming from? "now that most people have learned the dungeon [AAHM] and don't sit on the floor" Most people still can't even clear RRHM.

And yes, I've been clearing AAHM with normal nocs for a week now because I have no blues. However this is not something everyone is capable of and even still, it's making my runs slower than they need to be; also considering we don't have veliks blessing or talents this shouldn't even be a problem.

I like how casuals assume that we endgame farmers only care about moongourd, why are you so insecure? Is this why you want to block us from getting blue nocs? Even if... how does this even harm you? Grow up.
metagame wrote: »
aahm is currently clearable without using blue nocts. based on mg, clear times can range from around 5 minutes to around 11, and i would say an average run is about 7-8

clearing without nocts at all may still be a stretch, but now that most people have learned the dungeon and don't sit on the floor for extended periods of time it's much more possible, with or without cage glitch

I just had to log in and say you are completely [filtered] and out of your mind ( and dont know [filtered] youre talking about ). That is all
Saabi wrote: »
It's not even about moongourd rank. It's about a consumable that shouldn't be rare being too hard to obtain; it's a damn consumable. Also where is this misinformation coming from? "now that most people have learned the dungeon [AAHM] and don't sit on the floor" Most people still can't even clear RRHM.

And yes, I've been clearing AAHM with normal nocs for a week now because I have no blues. However this is not something everyone is capable of and even still, it's making my runs slower than they need to be. Also considering we don't have veliks blessing or talents this shouldn't even be a problem. Additionally, there's almost always atleast 1 person using a blue noc in AAHM clears.

Anyways, I like how casuals assume that we endgame farmers only care about moongourd, why are you so insecure? Is this why you want to block us from getting blue nocs? Even if... how does this even harm you? Grow up.

But like I said. DSU gonna be a scary sight because of all this nonsense. Enmasse I hope you know what you're doing.

You can always ask them to be included on dragon scale shop for a fair price and you can always ask nocterium refiner to be decreased in cost also, you can ask to get normal nocteriums in vanguard credit shop also, all of these things I have proposed in your own thread but it looks like you don't care to propose something that can solve that issue, you only said that you need them on AAH to get 2 of them as a reward for clearing only that dungeon.

Now you can think again and propose a way to solve your problem with blue nocs that will help you also in the future and not only in a specific dungeon.

Should I repeat myself again?

1. Add blue nocs on dragon scale shop for a fair price, maybe 2 scales per blue noc. You get dragon scales clearing 4 and 5 star dungeons, also FWC and CS
2. Decrease noterium refiner cost and add normal nocteriums in vanguard credit shop so you can get a better value for your credits with this consumable being more accesible.

Would you still complain without telling why these won't help you at all or would you like to add something else than wanting them in only one dungeon and complaining each time a new content is included in the game?
TERA PC - General Discussion#88 Saabi06/18/2018, 11:43 PM
You post doesn't need my approval. It's enmasse's job and read and act upon the suggestions of this thread. All i ask is for there to be easier ways to obtain blue nocs, the way they go about that can be a community effort. You posting "suggestions" and then backpedaling saying we only need them for moongourd doesn't make much sense.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Saabi wrote: »
It's not even about moongourd rank. It's about a consumable that shouldn't be rare being too hard to obtain; it's a damn consumable. Also where is this misinformation coming from? "now that most people have learned the dungeon [AAHM] and don't sit on the floor" Most people still can't even clear RRHM.

And yes, I've been clearing AAHM with normal nocs for a week now because I have no blues. However this is not something everyone is capable of and even still, it's making my runs slower than they need to be. Also considering we don't have veliks blessing or talents this shouldn't even be a problem. Additionally, there's almost always atleast 1 person using a blue noc in AAHM clears.

Anyways, I like how casuals assume that we endgame farmers only care about moongourd, why are you so insecure? Is this why you want to block us from getting blue nocs? Even if... how does this even harm you? Grow up.

But like I said. DSU gonna be a scary sight because of all this nonsense. Enmasse I hope you know what you're doing.

You can always ask them to be included on dragon scale shop for a fair price and you can always ask nocterium refiner to be decreased in cost also, you can ask to get normal nocteriums in vanguard credit shop also, all of these things I have proposed in your own thread but it looks like you don't care to propose something that can solve that issue, you only said that you need them on AAH to get 2 of them as a reward for clearing only that dungeon.

Now you can think again and propose a way to solve your problem with blue nocs that will help you also in the future and not only in a specific dungeon.

Should I repeat myself again?

1. Add blue nocs on dragon scale shop for a fair price, maybe 2 scales per blue noc. You get dragon scales clearing 4 and 5 star dungeons, also FWC and CS
2. Decrease noterium refiner cost and add normal nocteriums in vanguard credit shop so you can get a better value for your credits with this consumable being more accesible.

Would you still complain without telling why these won't help you at all or would you like to add something else than wanting them in only one dungeon and complaining each time a new content is included in the game?

The whole point of this thread was asking for it to be added in the dragon scale shop and reduced priced on vg shop already. These suggestions have been brought up in this thread and others. OP's original post was just to make them more widely available. Why are people fighting against this?
Saabi wrote: »
Your post doesn't need my approval. It's enmasse's job and read and act upon the suggestions of this thread. All i ask is for there to be easier ways to obtain blue nocs, the way they go about that can be a community effort. You posting "suggestions" and then backpedaling saying we only need them for moongourd doesn't make much sense.

It doesnt make much sense to ask them for only one dungeon either. It wont solve your problem at all.

You can make a better sugestion as I said, if you could think about where they could include that consumable not only as a reward from only one dungeon.

You can read all post in this thread from the self proclamed "True End-Game Players" and you will see most of them are not even making sugestion but only posting personal attacks against other forum users. So I can't see the real need of their claim when they can't even make a proper sugestion for that "need" to be fixed.

They are either saying "EME is incompetent" "EME can't be a normal publisher" "EME only hear casuals" "Casuals doesnt know what they are talking about" "Harder content is no profitable enought" "Upcomming hardest content wont be posible to clear with these consumables" but you can see how most of them can't even make a proper argument and sugestion about how blue nocs could be included. They are more focused on a flame war in the thread than showing a little bit of interest in the main issue, they are more focused on name calling or personal attacks than making a sugestion of how things can be changed for better. If you think about all these things then it's obvious why they keep being ignored by EME, because they are not contributing anything good in the thread but just whining and bickering.

Now if you dont need them for competing against others in ranking then why would you need of them for?

So far the only thing I can see is that you want them for the new content that is soon to come (new DSU), but if that were the case then saving nocs and buying refiners could solve the problem.
TERA PC - General Discussion#91 elnoir06/19/2018, 01:23 AM
You have a lot of "blue nocs" because all you do is spam RG :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
TERA PC - General Discussion#92 Saabi06/19/2018, 01:37 AM
The reason I suggested that it drop in AAHM is because it is the only content right now that even remotely requires it. Never did I say that it should be the ONLY way they could add more nocs to the game but rather that it would make sense that it would there since its needed there. This is similar to when they added noctenium boxes to DSU a longtime ago and that was a great addition because DSU was the only content that required nocs. Anyways right now you're straw-manning my post. I'm not your enemy, I'm not here to win a debate war with someone who prob just farms 2-3 star dungeons. My post is directed at eme and their failure to provide consumables in a reasonable amount; mostly to the players who actually need it. Blue nocs should be as common as strong braveries. Yet here we are...

Once again, before I get words placed in my mouth, I don't want Blues to be exclusive to the top players. By all means add more ways to get blues for lower tier players. I'm not advocating for them in my posts because (according to the people in this thread) blues are fine the way they are for you people, so why should i advocate for you?
TERA PC - General Discussion#93 Saabi06/19/2018, 01:44 AM
And jesus stop bringing up moongourd, it's not about moongourd. It's about making content harder than it needs to be on our region for no reason. We are missing enough things as it is. Why do people talk about moongourd more than the people who actually have a ranking there. Makes no sense...
@Saabi not your enemy either, just suggesting ways to include those blue nocs in a way you won't have to complain again from the lack of them for new content.

I believe that it could be easier for EME to include them in other ways than modifying the rewards from vanguard request.

I even think EME should make a post here and show they are looking into it but lately we had seen EME is more aware of Discord than any other social media.

And so far for what they have told me before about suggestions, if they come here to see this thread and read how only less than a dozen of people have show real concern about blue nocs then it might get ignored.

So I would suggest you to make a little bit of noise in their Discord server, at office hours, and hope you can get more people to agree with you in this case.
TERA PC - General Discussion#95 RenniBee06/19/2018, 03:25 AM
Just popping in here to let EME know that I agree with Saabi and would like to see them implement something to give us a way to get blue nocs easier! I agree with the reasons he and others have presented for needing them.

Casuals stop posting on this please. Not relevant to you. Hinders our ability to communicate w/EME.
TERA PC - General Discussion#96 metagame06/19/2018, 04:29 AM
JXE5356AKE wrote: »
The whole point of this thread was asking for it to be added in the dragon scale shop and reduced priced on vg shop already.
neither of these things were mentioned by op, pretty much the entire thread stemmed from how he wanted nocts to be added to one dungeon so he could farm it from that and nowhere else
RenniBee wrote: »
Just popping in here to let EME know that I agree with Saabi and would like to see them implement something to give us a way to get blue nocs easier!
is there a reason why you think they need to be more available outside of the current methods to obtain them? we don't have to copy other versions' methods, and only parsing requires it for any content right now.
TERA PC - General Discussion#97 Laemie06/19/2018, 05:02 AM
Hellos, poppin in to say i also agree with OP and reading this thread really makes me want to facepalm but yeah.

Im not a hardcore, just a casual with my own group to learn AAhm, been 2 weeks and havent cleared btw, the best we got was 20% and we do not want to glitch the dungeon so yeah.

We spend around 3 hours a day, thats 6-7 nocts per attempt, 2 weeks, you do the math. And really, unless you dont have a soul, after a few hours in AAh, you just want to chill and not do anything, let alone grinding boring contents for atleast 1 noct L O L (900 VG omega). 1 person in the group has already expressed to me that they nolonger want to do learning runs (as they are exp enough already) because they dont want to waste more of their blue nocts, it breaks my heart but i can understand.

But yeah, just want to say it again that i agree with OP and alot of ppl who actually think logically in this thread.
TERA PC - General Discussion#98 RenniBee06/19/2018, 02:49 PM
Yep! I have used all the various methods mentioned in this thread aside from strongbox/lootboxes cause I'm f2p, I especially played during the jackpot events and got plenty, buy noct refiners regularly with vg creds cause I have a lot from grinding low tier iod on 4 alts per day cause I'm trying to get reward tier 7 for the summon (and let me say that it is not only mind numbing but most people do not have time for this and don't have as much as I do unless they're also grinding the bams) I had all these sources I'm getting them from and still running out, because it's not enough to cover all the content. EME please make additional ways for us to obtain more of these.

Also: if somebody was legit in my RRHM/AAHM/RKE party and did not have a blue noc on despite having them and weren't a healer I would kick. That's not fair to the rest of the party. You are wasting their time and quite likely trapping their run if its AA or RKE cause of dps check. I'm not carrying your dps weight through the shield for you. Don't be selfish, don't be trap, respect your teammates' time and effort.

More blue nocs please EME.

Ppl who don't run endgame dgs or have anything productive to add, begone.
TERA PC - General Discussion#99 Sqythe06/19/2018, 06:04 PM
As someone who runs log in to do only AAHM pop dg reset scroll off cooldown, I agree with Saabi that blue nocts should be made more available (in and outside of events). Not everybody enjoy logging in to spam RG & KC or low level IOD all day.

One suggestion that I could give would be to have something similar to that of SCEM. If I remember correctly you had to pay a fee to actually enter the dungeon but then you get superior noct along with feast. Why don't we just have it so that we get the benefit of superior noct once we engage the first boss. Just a small suggestion.
TERA PC - General Discussion#100 metagame06/19/2018, 11:56 PM
RenniBee wrote: »
Also: if somebody was legit in my RRHM/AAHM/RKE party and did not have a blue noc on despite having them and weren't a healer I would kick.
[...]
Don't be selfish, don't be trap, respect your teammates' time and effort.
isn't this also being selfish, though? none of the dungeons you mentioned require using blue nocts, it's strictly a luxury item at this point.

if you're the type of person to kick over something like that, cool, but if the blue noct struggle is as real as you claim it to be, it's hypocritical to not sympathize
Saabi wrote: »
You cannot buy blue nocs from other players, and as I've said before it's not realistic that someone such as myself who logs on to run hard content will be able to farm enough blue nocs for my runs. I don't know how much free time you guys have on your hands but the average person cant just run low dungeons all day just to buy 1~3 blue nocs that can ATMOST hold you for 3 runs of AAHM; which is extremely low considering I can do over 6 runs of AAHM a day. It's seriously something that needs to be adjusted.
An average player won't have 500k xp on +9 equipment. Go cry me a river okay.
@RenniBee
Ok why the hell would you kick a dps for not using noct in rrh... That dungeon is really easy and has no dps checks, using noct there is a waste.
Metagame has a point here lmao
Hi, player council member here

Just wanted to comment on some things.

Just because some people have plenty of noct or don't see a purpose for it doesn't mean eme should ignore the feedback from the players suffering from a shortage.

Not everyone has the time or desire to farm every event and they shouldn't have to. There should be a reasonable and sustainable way for players to earn a consumable, even if it's a luxury one. It doesn't matter how they plan on using it or how skilled they are at the game.

This doesn't mean taking something away from the game. It just means filling a hole to improve quality of life for people.

The feedback has been heard and it is something the player council has brought up with eme. Since the start of the thread a couple of things have already happened.

1. The price was lowered in the vg shop.
2. There's a crab event and noct drops as a reward.

I still think more changes could be made in the future but this is a good start. Change can be slow sometimes but at least in this area change is happening.

Thanks for being constructive with your feedback. It does help a lot when we talk to eme
crab event is a good band-aid. bravo :+1:
TERA PC - General Discussion#105 Assaults06/20/2018, 08:24 AM
The crab event did a great job of alleviating the initial shortage of blue noct from all the new hardmode content and the price reduction in the vg shop is a nice change. It would be nice to see other sustainable avenues for obtaining blue noct in the future alongside vg credits. Thanks for hearing our feedback and making changes.
TERA PC - General Discussion#106 metagame06/20/2018, 08:41 AM
StarSprite wrote: »
There should be a reasonable and sustainable way for players to earn a consumable
multiple ways already exist
metagame wrote: »
StarSprite wrote: »
There should be a reasonable and sustainable way for players to earn a consumable
multiple ways already exist
They're not sustainable for some or we wouldn't have this thread! Feedback has been heard just needs some time. :heart:
TERA PC - General Discussion#108 ElinUsagi06/20/2018, 11:30 AM
StarSprite wrote: »
metagame wrote: »
StarSprite wrote: »
There should be a reasonable and sustainable way for players to earn a consumable
multiple ways already exist
They're not sustainable for some or we wouldn't have this thread! Feedback has been heard just needs some time. :heart:

Could be they added to dragon scale shop also? If they are included for a fair price this can also help a little people doing higher tier content also.
metagame wrote: »
StarSprite wrote: »
There should be a reasonable and sustainable way for players to earn a consumable
multiple ways already exist

Can you leave. You've contributed nothing except baiting people which is against the forum rules. Get out of your fantasy little world in your head or else you'll end up being the next lesbianIV (unless that's your purpose).



Back to the topic at hand:

It's a good thing something was gotten out of this topic despite those casuals plugging their noses where they don't belong.

Keep up your amazing Slayer skills Saabi. It's sad that there had to be a struggle with trashy players getting in the way to hear "an actual playing player giving feedback" to make this dying game somewhat at a playable state.
TERA PC - General Discussion#110 metagame06/20/2018, 01:50 PM
DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
Can you leave. You've contributed nothing except baiting people which is against the forum rules. Get out of your fantasy little world in your head or else you'll end up being the next lesbianIV (unless that's your purpose).
ironyyy
TERA PC - General Discussion#111 RenniBee06/20/2018, 06:46 PM
To those who tried to make the point about me kicking bc of someone not using blue noc 1st) thanks for leading the topic down an unproductive route ...again 2nd) Re-read, or fully read my post paying more attention this time and you will see that I said "despite having them" which means the people I was talking about are those who show up to run the dungeon and despite having nocs, don't use them. For example, one of the people who posted earlier on in this thread.

Obviously if they have an -understandable!!- lack of noc, that's fine, but let's be honest for a minute here about the average player skill level. Unless you're, ironically, someone like Saabi, you are not going to be doing enough dps to not need a noc. I'm not sure if this is how it is for everbody here, but in my experience on my server CH, the average skill level of people I have on a mostly regular basis (meaning excluding the exceptions) struggle to clear the mechs and/or the dungeon. Even in RRH. In my opinion the first boss is super easy, second two I have seen countless melee dps floormat, people who are trying their best and know their class well. Meanwhile ranged boop it from afar with no sweat. Everybody should have a noc regardless of their performance however, because it shows that you are here for the team working together towards the clear (and if you're really good at the dg and are getting high dmg, noc enables you to do even more to help your team out!) and in cases of dgs with dps checks can often be the difference between a clear and a wipe if too many people mess up on a mech that results in their death.

To elaborate about what I said about being respectful of your teammates - using the noc saves time. Nobody likes a 30-45 min or longer run, and many people, as previously pointed out, do not have the time to spend many hours on TERA. Not to mention, the longer the fights, the more mechanics done, the higher the chance of something going wrong that wipes the team. Even experienced skilled players have this happen. All it takes is for enough people to slip up at the same time once.
So, if we take into account not only players who wish to do endgame content but aren't as skilled as those shining MT/TR names, or even have high ping, slow internet, or other non-optimized game problems, I am confident in saying that noc is NOT a luxury. It is a very useful and sometimes essential tool. That I have yet to see a legitimate point not to have in higher quantities.

Bringing this post back from that detour I was unfortunately made to take by people for some reason wanting to discredit my points by trying to make me look bad - MORE NOCS PLEASE EME. <3

(Good job with the crab event giving sup nocs as a temp fix for now, I hope to see the implementation of a more sustainable method of acquiring them in the near future.)
TERA PC - General Discussion#112 metagame06/20/2018, 10:23 PM
RenniBee wrote: »
Re-read, or fully read my post paying more attention this time and you will see that I said "despite having them" which means the people I was talking about are those who show up to run the dungeon and despite having nocs, don't use them.
caught it the first time around. but see, this is in your very extreme and specific scenario, that holds very little credibility to it due to how it only makes you look like you're right.

popping an elixir won't magically make someone able to avoid mechanics they weren't able to before, nor does it deal with "high ping, slow internet, or other non-optimized game problems".
You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.