TERA Online forum archive
TERA PC - General Discussion: Tera on Console massive lag/freezes, PC guys help out! Voice your opinion even for PC!
Hello fellow PC players,

I am a console player used to play on the PC back in the day, stopped back then because the game was litterly unplayable because of lag/freezes.

I'am wondering how your experience has been in Tera preformance wise regarding to lag/freezes over the past years? Did the the Dev team put anny effort in fixing issue's in game?

This is the console Post about the lag/freeze issue.
https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/23134/tera-online-console-ps4-ps4-pro-xbox-massive-lag-freeze-issue-still-not-fixed#latest

I just want to voice this issue to the Dev team, because it seems like not a lot players are actually active on the forums regarding this issue and i do not want that the console verion kills the fun for us console players. This must be fixed plz Dev team!
TERA PC - General Discussion#2 vkobe03/31/2018, 07:39 AM
it is normal :3
vkobe wrote: »
it is normal :3

Could you be so polite to say why it is normal?
welcome to our world :D
It's a normal state of things for Tera. It was always suffering from such issues and it cannot be completely removed. Zayo, savvis...all depends on how much it swallows, but it will anyway. Some part of players feels better with zayo, some with savvis.
Fps issues will most likely last for very long too because it needs rework. Game isn't optimized and will have dropping unless it will be done. But that needs BHS and they busy with other stuff.
D3WK449DPA wrote: »
vkobe wrote: »
it is normal :3

Could you be so polite to say why it is normal?
It's a normal state of things for Tera. It was always suffering from such issues and it cannot be completely removed. Zayo, savvis...all depends on how much it swallows, but it will anyway. Some part of players feels better with zayo, some with savvis.
Fps issues will most likely last for very long too because it needs rework. Game isn't optimized and will have dropping unless it will be done. But that needs BHS and they busy with other stuff.

P.s. Imo Tera is a game for mentally strong people who have good nerve system :lol:

That is really sad to hear that this is just being ignored by the Dev team. btw i have no idea what "Zayo, savvis" is.
Everything is harder than we see it. Read some threads about lags on forums and relax. Better find a way to get over it))
People here looks like never played on consoles before.

All on-line games lags on them, CoD, BB, SF, FIFA... then, it is EME fault those games from Capcom, EA, Aksys and many other companies lag aswell?
Everything is harder than we see it. Read some threads about lags on forums and relax. Better find a way to get over it))

I know, but listen if we all call it a day and say "it is normal deal with it" then Dev team will not invest anny resources in fixing this issue they will go on like this. If as the playerbase do not take action it will never change. And ofc we can call it a free game and so on, still it is a game that players play and spend money in the cashshop so as a Company have de decency to fix the game for once (looking at PC version that still is crap). Thats my point. I see Tera online for console dropping so damn hard when BDO comes out because from the PC version that i played to max LVL BDO performance wise is good so if the Console version of BDO is anny close to the PC version, oh boy it will be a good time to play a MMO on Console.

Tera has no chance to stay ahead on console with beeing unplayable.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
People here looks like never played on consoles before.

All on-line games lags on them, CoD, BB, SF, FIFA... then, it is EME fault those games from Capcom, EA, Aksys and many other companies lag aswell?

Well yea MMO's having lag is in general a big RED NO GO, in FPS games well these are non supported servers (not dedicated server) that means well yeah you are basically F-up or the company must invest in resources. In general FPS game's have more lag/freeze issues then MMO's because 1: you need good FPS (need a good rig) 2: you can change settings if not good then your connection might have drops and is noticed way more in FPS games and Moba games then in MMO's. MMO's can handle some stuff but have in general dedicated servers ofc.
Oh yea and some other thing you notice the lag on the minimap where your position is when you walk, it is the same on the PC version lags also...Because of the above issue.
The community only doing that whining here. Most part already tired to speak about this usse. Do you really think it will take effect if we will whine once more tho it didnt help us for years? .. i wish i could be so positive as you)
But ofc i hope that one day nodes will be fine, servers stop hiccup if many players on and optimization will happen,
The community only doing that whining here. Most part already tired to speak about this usse. Do you really think it will take effect if we will whine once more tho it didnt help us for years? .. i wish i could be so positive as you)
But ofc i hope that one day nodes will be fine, servers stop hiccup if many players on and optimization will happen,

Well it is not called whining, it is called voicing your opinion on a game that you badly want the Dev team to work on for a beter experience for all of us. If you do not care well it is your call but be not surprised that the Dev team is not doing much. How more act on the forum and say whats wrong will get them under pressure to act finally, if they don't well just move on and play a beter MMO a lot on the market that have zero lag/fps issues.
Is what many doing : Moving to other mmo. Those who left are resistant to lags in a way.
It's naive to think that one more voicing will change something when yearS of such action didn't move us even a bit.
Study this problem deeply starting from forums old threads pls then find something interesting to do)
Is what many doing : Moving to other mmo. Those who left are resistant to lags in a way.
It's naive to think that one more voicing will change something when yearS of such action didn't move us even a bit.
Study this problem deeply starting from forums old threads pls then find something interesting to do)

Well dude, you gave up i see np man. Others want the game to improve so we say whats wrong with the game. GL to you!
D3WK449DPA wrote: »
Is what many doing : Moving to other mmo. Those who left are resistant to lags in a way.
It's naive to think that one more voicing will change something when yearS of such action didn't move us even a bit.
Study this problem deeply starting from forums old threads pls then find something interesting to do)

Well dude, you gave up i see np man. Others want the game to improve so we say whats wrong with the game. GL to you!

Dude... This game has been out for 6 years. We constantly complain about optimization issues. It's not happening. BHS simply doesn't care about that. Just look at their most popular title, PUBG. It's full of the same optimization issues tera has where players have to resort to editing .ini files in order for it to perform better. BHS doesn't learn. Their newest title is also going to run on the old and busted Unreal Engine 3. Keep that in mind. Tera and PUBG also run on UE3.
They. Simply. Don't. Care.
Doesn't mean we won't stop complaining, I'm just saying how it is. I get your situation. You're new to this. Console just came out, you're excited, you like the game. You think something could be done and that the devs could improve it. But the truth is it the devs don't seem to care. But here's the best part. The game is actually a bit more optimized in korea because they use a different ui that isn't flash based. No other region ever got that optimization patch. BHS only cares about KTera and you can see that clearly. Ktera is the only region with talents - special buffs for classes - and the game is actually balanced around talents which leaves all other regions struggling with trying to clear and farm as fast as koreans do with our classes that are weaker. That's just how it is. We try to complain and make a difference but bhs does not like to listen to anyone except for koreans.

D3WK449DPA wrote: »
Is what many doing : Moving to other mmo. Those who left are resistant to lags in a way.
It's naive to think that one more voicing will change something when yearS of such action didn't move us even a bit.
Study this problem deeply starting from forums old threads pls then find something interesting to do)

Well dude, you gave up i see np man. Others want the game to improve so we say whats wrong with the game. GL to you!


And i see naive young guy who barely knows the stuff hes talking about. Good luck to you too.
CornishRex wrote: »
D3WK449DPA wrote: »
Is what many doing : Moving to other mmo. Those who left are resistant to lags in a way.
It's naive to think that one more voicing will change something when yearS of such action didn't move us even a bit.
Study this problem deeply starting from forums old threads pls then find something interesting to do)

Well dude, you gave up i see np man. Others want the game to improve so we say whats wrong with the game. GL to you!

Dude... This game has been out for 6 years. We constantly complain about optimization issues. It's not happening. BHS simply doesn't care about that. Just look at their most popular title, PUBG. It's full of the same optimization issues tera has where players have to resort to editing .ini files in order for it to perform better. BHS doesn't learn. Their newest title is also going to run on the old and busted Unreal Engine 3. Keep that in mind. Tera and PUBG also run on UE3.
They. Simply. Don't. Care.
Doesn't mean we won't stop complaining, I'm just saying how it is. I get your situation. You're new to this. Console just came out, you're excited, you like the game. You think something could be done and that the devs could improve it. But the truth is it the devs don't seem to care. But here's the best part. The game is actually a bit more optimized in korea because they use a different ui that isn't flash based. No other region ever got that optimization patch. BHS only cares about KTera and you can see that clearly. Ktera is the only region with talents - special buffs for classes - and the game is actually balanced around talents which leaves all other regions struggling with trying to clear and farm as fast as koreans do with our classes that are weaker. That's just how it is. We try to complain and make a difference but bhs does not like to listen to anyone except for koreans.

This is actually sad to hear. Really sad...And the best thing the new AI:R game is using same engine as you say then well that game is f-up also... Because Tera is still a mess. I did not know how deep this [filtered]-hole is man, but seems quit deep... Hope BHS Learns something that other regions want to enjoy the game also.
TERA PC - General Discussion#19 Lapomko03/31/2018, 01:45 PM
I also feel the same way as you about the console version. My group of friends were excited to play tera on console but the poor FPS and buggy horrendous pain inducing interface made us jett off and play other game. Matter of time when console version will die out too.
console are censored tot he max too, don't bother helping it survive it should die like all censored games should.
TERA PC - General Discussion#21 vkobe03/31/2018, 02:47 PM
D3WK449DPA wrote: »
Everything is harder than we see it. Read some threads about lags on forums and relax. Better find a way to get over it))

I know, but listen if we all call it a day and say "it is normal deal with it" then Dev team will not invest anny resources in fixing this issue they will go on like this. If as the playerbase do not take action it will never change. And ofc we can call it a free game and so on, still it is a game that players play and spend money in the cashshop so as a Company have de decency to fix the game for once (looking at PC version that still is crap). Thats my point. I see Tera online for console dropping so damn hard when BDO comes out because from the PC version that i played to max LVL BDO performance wise is good so if the Console version of BDO is anny close to the PC version, oh boy it will be a good time to play a MMO on Console.

Tera has no chance to stay ahead on console with beeing unplayable.

black desert player complaint than the game lag too much
L3KAAEYFKH wrote: »
console are censored tot he max too, don't bother helping it survive it should die like all censored games should.

censored? in what sence?(didnt play on console)
> @StitchedSoul said:
> L3KAAEYFKH wrote: »
>
> console are censored tot he max too, don't bother helping it survive it should die like all censored games should.
>
>
>
>
> censored? in what sence?(didnt play on console)

Their profanity filter is hilarious. You can't say night, something and tons of other nonsensical stuff.
They did a terrible job with that lol
CornishRex wrote: »
Their newest title is also going to run on the old and busted Unreal Engine 3. Keep that in mind. Tera and PUBG also run on UE3.
Actually, PUBG utilizes Unreal Engine 4 (an older build though; something like 4.14) but with some modifications to it (PUBG Corp CEO Chang Han Kim talked about this in some prior interviews regarding the performance complaints). But that title still runs poorly even with a newer engine that is miles better than UE3 (so actual optimization isn't the highest priority). UE4 has better netcode but designers still need to perform optimization (more so when deploying a narrow region designed game to locales with a wider geographic footprint as is the case with the America's and European regions).

Ascent: Infinite Realm (UE3 but likely a newer build than the one TERA is based on) will be no different when it comes to the lack of optimization once that releases in the west.

But yeah, their priority is first and foremost Korea and other regions are just viewed as additional revenues (this is not unique to Bluehole either; it's pretty much the modus operandi with how the development studios in Korea view deployments outside of Asia).
NASA supercomputers can't run TERA properly because of the poor optimization, then they put it on consoles...sigh.
NASA supercomputers can't run TERA properly because of the poor optimization, then they put it on consoles...sigh.

Post of the day /clap :+1:
TERA PC - General Discussion#27 voidy03/31/2018, 11:43 PM
NASA supercomputers can't run TERA properly because of the poor optimization, then they put it on consoles...sigh.

The rhetoric used to go that it'd be optimized for consoles because Reasons.
Well, here we are. :lol:
L3KAAEYFKH wrote: »
console are censored tot he max too, don't bother helping it survive it should die like all censored games should.

censored? in what sence?(didnt play on console)

Don't mind him, he hasn't had enough Danbooru/Anime Image Boards and thinks the Elins having a different pair of clothes inhibits his enjoyment of the game. The only thing everyone agrees on is the chat filter needing a double check of their blacklisted words.
Lol no I was asking seriously xD
Akaik in eastern wow corpses (bones) are censored. Was curious what this means in Tera))
About chat: I noticed as an rp-er (not e-rp-er!) that some common words filtered and you literally have no way to use them in any variation.
I thought its a personal bugg for me. Seems not : o
About chat: I noticed as an rp-er (not e-rp-er!) that some common words filtered and you literally have no way to use them in any variation.
I thought its a personal bugg for me. Seems not : o

Typing "W" 3 times or more in sequence will get your whole post invalidated (i.e. "I... uh... w-w-well..." etc). It can be quite the pain for anyone who's character has a stutter or is hit with a statement that causes them to stammer.

You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.