TERA Online forum archive
TERA PC - General Discussion: any no talent system for na/eu?
title, i just dont get why we cant have the talent system its a huge part of the game
Because daddy BHS doesn't want to give it to us because "Too buggy" or insert other BS reason
TERA PC - General Discussion#3 hellno03/25/2018, 06:55 PM
Its honestly pretty stupid we dont have it as all classes and content is 100% clearly balanced around talents. Pretty much all the "low tier" classes on NA have amazing talents in Ktera making them on par with all the other classes. For example Brawlers on Ktera do about 30% more damage than those on NA making them a very viable tank even in try hard runs. Here on NA you will never see a try hard run with a brawler simply because they are outclassed by lancer for min maxing party damage

Another example is Ninja. Ninja is currently the lowest DPS class in NA, but in Ktera before awakening they were the Top DPS because of their great talents on atonement.

The difference talents make is simply huge. You can notice the difference in how long it takes for Ktera to complete content compared to other regions. Ktera clears are usually 30% faster than other regions, which is simply stupid. There is no reason it should be this much longer for us for the same content.
hellno wrote: »
Its honestly pretty stupid we dont have it as all classes and content is 100% clearly balanced around talents. Pretty much all the "low tier" classes on NA have amazing talents in Ktera making them on par with all the other classes. For example Brawlers on Ktera do about 30% more damage than those on NA making them a very viable tank even in try hard runs. Here on NA you will never see a try hard run with a brawler simply because they are outclassed by lancer for min maxing party damage

Another example is Ninja. Ninja is currently the lowest DPS class in NA, but in Ktera before awakening they were the Top DPS because of their great talents on atonement.

The difference talents make is simply huge. You can notice the difference in how long it takes for Ktera to complete content compared to other regions. Ktera clears are usually 30% faster than other regions, which is simply stupid. There is no reason it should be this much longer for us for the same content.

This so much. Honestly it's getting a bit disgusting. Too much disparity between regions and it's felt really well in RMN/RMH.
hellno wrote: »
Its honestly pretty stupid we dont have it as all classes and content is 100% clearly balanced around talents. Pretty much all the "low tier" classes on NA have amazing talents in Ktera making them on par with all the other classes. For example Brawlers on Ktera do about 30% more damage than those on NA making them a very viable tank even in try hard runs. Here on NA you will never see a try hard run with a brawler simply because they are outclassed by lancer for min maxing party damage

Another example is Ninja. Ninja is currently the lowest DPS class in NA, but in Ktera before awakening they were the Top DPS because of their great talents on atonement.

The difference talents make is simply huge. You can notice the difference in how long it takes for Ktera to complete content compared to other regions. Ktera clears are usually 30% faster than other regions, which is simply stupid. There is no reason it should be this much longer for us for the same content.

Yet we have brawlers at MT clearing RKE and don't complain about lack of talents.
TERA PC - General Discussion#6 ovr03/25/2018, 08:28 PM
Tbh, I'll probably quit after the awakening patch. After April 17th, the imbalances between classes are going to break the game. No one will play non-awakened classes, and if the do, they will get kicked from every PvE party. Not to mention that PvP is going to be 100% broken. This game was just starting to get back on its feet, too. Too bad BHS is ruining it for every region besides kTera. It wouldn't be so bad if we had the talent system, but BHS probably doesn't care enough about NA/Ue regions to give it to us.
TERA PC - General Discussion#7 Obs03/25/2018, 09:54 PM
ElinUsagi wrote: »
hellno wrote: »
Its honestly pretty stupid we dont have it as all classes and content is 100% clearly balanced around talents. Pretty much all the "low tier" classes on NA have amazing talents in Ktera making them on par with all the other classes. For example Brawlers on Ktera do about 30% more damage than those on NA making them a very viable tank even in try hard runs. Here on NA you will never see a try hard run with a brawler simply because they are outclassed by lancer for min maxing party damage

Another example is Ninja. Ninja is currently the lowest DPS class in NA, but in Ktera before awakening they were the Top DPS because of their great talents on atonement.

The difference talents make is simply huge. You can notice the difference in how long it takes for Ktera to complete content compared to other regions. Ktera clears are usually 30% faster than other regions, which is simply stupid. There is no reason it should be this much longer for us for the same content.

Yet we have brawlers at MT clearing RKE and don't complain about lack of talents.

All the brawlers I know are complaining about the lack of talents.
Obs wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
hellno wrote: »
Its honestly pretty stupid we dont have it as all classes and content is 100% clearly balanced around talents. Pretty much all the "low tier" classes on NA have amazing talents in Ktera making them on par with all the other classes. For example Brawlers on Ktera do about 30% more damage than those on NA making them a very viable tank even in try hard runs. Here on NA you will never see a try hard run with a brawler simply because they are outclassed by lancer for min maxing party damage

Another example is Ninja. Ninja is currently the lowest DPS class in NA, but in Ktera before awakening they were the Top DPS because of their great talents on atonement.

The difference talents make is simply huge. You can notice the difference in how long it takes for Ktera to complete content compared to other regions. Ktera clears are usually 30% faster than other regions, which is simply stupid. There is no reason it should be this much longer for us for the same content.

Yet we have brawlers at MT clearing RKE and don't complain about lack of talents.

All the brawlers I know are complaining about the lack of talents.

The ones you know are not all the brawlers doing RKE and not all the brawlers at MT.
Talent system either needs to come to other regions or just be scrapped and have the needed talents added to skills like they did with slayer.
Ninja was in a good spot in Ktera, awful spot NA. And it's only getting worse when awakening/godsfall hits.

Additionally, all the content is there in-game. They just have to fully translate it and enable the system.

I might be an outlier, but I'd greatly prefer getting talent system and waiting 2-6 months for awakening than getting awakening now.

As has been stated, BHS obviously balances around talents. That balance effects us, but we don't get to see or utilize the reason behind those changes.

And let's not even mention that zerks post awakening are going to be "press f to top dps".
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Obs wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
hellno wrote: »
Its honestly pretty stupid we dont have it as all classes and content is 100% clearly balanced around talents. Pretty much all the "low tier" classes on NA have amazing talents in Ktera making them on par with all the other classes. For example Brawlers on Ktera do about 30% more damage than those on NA making them a very viable tank even in try hard runs. Here on NA you will never see a try hard run with a brawler simply because they are outclassed by lancer for min maxing party damage

Another example is Ninja. Ninja is currently the lowest DPS class in NA, but in Ktera before awakening they were the Top DPS because of their great talents on atonement.

The difference talents make is simply huge. You can notice the difference in how long it takes for Ktera to complete content compared to other regions. Ktera clears are usually 30% faster than other regions, which is simply stupid. There is no reason it should be this much longer for us for the same content.

Yet we have brawlers at MT clearing RKE and don't complain about lack of talents.

All the brawlers I know are complaining about the lack of talents.

The ones you know are not all the brawlers doing RKE and not all the brawlers at MT.

Except Obs is in the top guild of MT? To clarify, his guild mostly does endgame content (which is RKE btw) and has brawlers on MT that do said content. Nearly 80% of the endgame community is complaining about the lack of talents and the balance of the dungeons. Yes Brawlers are clearing RKE but did Hellno say clearing? No he said try hard runs, and not a whole lot of groups use Brawlers for try hard runs.
Partyblast wrote: »
Except Obs is in the top guild of MT? To clarify, his guild mostly does endgame content (which is RKE btw) and has brawlers on MT that do said content. Nearly 80% of the endgame community is complaining about the lack of talents and the balance of the dungeons. Yes Brawlers are clearing RKE but did Hellno say clearing? No he said try hard runs, and not a whole lot of groups use Brawlers for try hard runs.

And I didn't say all the brawlers, however is pretty funny how some people trow random numbers without something to backup like 80% of the end-game comunity, something that you or obs nor anyone can claim because they don't have the knowledge of all the active player base running content, and by knowlegde I mean what does they really think and not putting words on their mouths just because you think they feel the same as you.

However, more like try hards those you may speak of are those doing score runs on slaying and complain they can´t do RKE in less than 5 minutes as koreans do without slaying. Try hard sounds more like people not good enought to be on top but bleed their body and soul trying to reach the same result as others do with less effort.
TERA PC - General Discussion#12 hellno03/26/2018, 04:13 AM
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Partyblast wrote: »
Except Obs is in the top guild of MT? To clarify, his guild mostly does endgame content (which is RKE btw) and has brawlers on MT that do said content. Nearly 80% of the endgame community is complaining about the lack of talents and the balance of the dungeons. Yes Brawlers are clearing RKE but did Hellno say clearing? No he said try hard runs, and not a whole lot of groups use Brawlers for try hard runs.

And I didn't say all the brawlers, however is pretty funny how some people trow random numbers without something to backup like 80% of the end-game comunity, something that you or obs nor anyone can claim because they don't have the knowledge of all the active player base running content, and by knowlegde I mean what does they really think and not putting words on their mouths just because you think they feel the same as you.

However, more like try hards those you may speak of are those doing score runs on slaying and complain they can´t do RKE in less than 5 minutes as koreans do without slaying. Try hard sounds more like people not good enought to be on top but bleed their body and soul trying to reach the same result as others do with less effort.

Sadly any active "end game" brawler knows or should know how under powered they are compared to lancers. Sure they can clear content, so can any class, but why spend extra time on each boss when you can just take a lancer and clear much faster. Same with ninjas, why take one when you can take a warrior that can do 1m more than ninja. I have done a ton of LFG RKEM and parties always fill super fast when im on lancer, but when im on brawler it is usually WAY slower to fill up.

Since you dont know what try hard runs are you should ask instead of assuming. Try hard runs is just trying to get the highest dps possible your party (or your self) can pull. It is more of a measurement of your skill with max buffs, the problem is taking certain classes hurts the overall group dps, which affects everyone's personal DPS. DPS in this game is very party dependent (pushing enrage, skipping mechanics with burns, etc). In Ktera the way brawler makes up for not having party buffs is having the damage of a DPS class. While in burn phases dps might be lower than running with lancer they can push enrage fast than lancer so there is more enrage up time to balance the run duration and party dps output. But in NA brawlers are sadly a decent amount lower than actually good DPS classes.

Also the numbers being thrown out are not random, they are from comparing "top parses" on moongourd to Ktera's DPS. The damage difference from classes like Brawlers, Ninja, Sorcs, Slayers (before there buff) were HUGE and it is not from lack of skill. Its simply how big of a difference talent make for balancing the game. Also talents affect all classes, so even all the other classes are affected quit heavily by them, just certain classes are a bit more dependent.
hellno wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Partyblast wrote: »
Except Obs is in the top guild of MT? To clarify, his guild mostly does endgame content (which is RKE btw) and has brawlers on MT that do said content. Nearly 80% of the endgame community is complaining about the lack of talents and the balance of the dungeons. Yes Brawlers are clearing RKE but did Hellno say clearing? No he said try hard runs, and not a whole lot of groups use Brawlers for try hard runs.

And I didn't say all the brawlers, however is pretty funny how some people trow random numbers without something to backup like 80% of the end-game comunity, something that you or obs nor anyone can claim because they don't have the knowledge of all the active player base running content, and by knowlegde I mean what does they really think and not putting words on their mouths just because you think they feel the same as you.

However, more like try hards those you may speak of are those doing score runs on slaying and complain they can´t do RKE in less than 5 minutes as koreans do without slaying. Try hard sounds more like people not good enought to be on top but bleed their body and soul trying to reach the same result as others do with less effort.

Sadly any active "end game" brawler knows or should know how under powered they are compared to lancers. Sure they can clear content, so can any class, but why spend extra time on each boss when you can just take a lancer and clear much faster. Same with ninjas, why take one when you can take a warrior that can do 1m more than ninja. I have done a ton of LFG RKEM and parties always fill super fast when im on lancer, but when im on brawler it is usually WAY slower to fill up.

Since you dont know what try hard runs are you should ask instead of assuming. Try hard runs is just trying to get the highest dps possible your party (or your self) can pull. It is more of a measurement of your skill with max buffs, the problem is taking certain classes hurts the overall group dps, which affects everyone's personal DPS. DPS in this game is very party dependent (pushing enrage, skipping mechanics with burns, etc). In Ktera the way brawler makes up for not having party buffs is having the damage of a DPS class. While in burn phases dps might be lower than running with lancer they can push enrage fast than lancer so there is more enrage up time to balance the run duration and party dps output. But in NA brawlers are sadly a decent amount lower than actually good DPS classes.

Also the numbers being thrown out are not random, they are from comparing "top parses" on moongourd to Ktera's DPS. The damage difference from classes like Brawlers, Ninja, Sorcs, Slayers (before there buff) were HUGE and it is not from lack of skill. Its simply how big of a difference talent make for balancing the game. Also talents affect all classes, so even all the other classes are affected quit heavily by them, just certain classes are a bit more dependent.

Are you aware that the best run with Lancer is about 1 or 2 minutes less at most per run of RKE? If brawlers and "end-game players" have their ego hurt because they have to spend 17 minutes in a dungeon instead of 15 then there is not much to say.

Edit.
Maybe try hard player for you is what a hard core player is for me. The try-hard falls more into the loser side mean while the hardcore is better know to be a skilled player most of the times.
TERA PC - General Discussion#14 hellno03/26/2018, 06:30 AM
Its actually about 2 mins per boss, which is A LOT per boss. This is pretty much every boss, that adds up to 5-6 more mins per dungeon EVERY [filtered] TIME. That is not ok of a difference just because someone plays brawler over lancer. This is beyond skill it is simply class choice which is unfair to punish players that much
TERA PC - General Discussion#15 Taldek03/26/2018, 06:52 AM
Fun fact: All things being equal, brawler runs in korea are actually faster time wise, just worse for personal dps. The gap between the 2 tanks will only get wider in awakening without talents.
hellno wrote: »
Its actually about 1-2 mins per boss, which is A LOT per boss. This is pretty much every boss, that adds up to 5-6 more mins per dungeon EVERY [filtered] TIME. This also means more consumables being used for each member of the party. That is not ok of a difference just because someone plays brawler over lancer. This is beyond skill it is simply class choice which is unfair to punish players that much.

https://moongourd.com/dungeon?area=935&boss=4000&slay=1&tn=Lancer

https://moongourd.com/dungeon?area=935&boss=4000&slay=1&tn=Brawler

I don't see those 2 minutes per boss, sorry.
I don't care for the talent system personally, I just wish we were compensated with a buff in dungeons or something to make our runs not take as long. RMH used to be a nice quick fun dungeon and now it takes ages even with a good party.
ElinUsagi wrote: »
I guess Ketoth suggestions works better than waiting for BHS to think what talents should be made pasives for each class.
Even so this implementation depends on BHS will, and I think they aren't worried about it.

only as a record of how the talent system is broken:
Haymaker
cooldown reduced by x(lvl 1 : 1) seconds upon critical hit (when glyphed is 98% of critical)
when on last level the cooldown of this skill goes to 3s its one of the brawler's main skills (NA cooldown is near to 7s with proper rolls and etchings)

Jackhammer
talent dmg increased by x(lvl 1 : 32)
Same as haymaker this two skills combined are responsible for 60% of damage


I'm quoting just 2 talents of one class, if you add common talents that increase 25-40 of power and endurance and so on...

all that added to awakening make a RMHM run last less than 10 minutes on KTera. While on NA a good party without wipe last 25 - 30 minutes

Make your maths.

TERA PC - General Discussion#19 Shikine03/26/2018, 01:19 PM
There are actually maths and recorded data available thanks to dps meter running in both regions.

Disclaimer:
THESE ARE CURRENT NUMBERS SO KTERA HAS AWAKENING AND TALENTS WHILE EU/NA NUMBERS ARE WITHOUT AWAKENING


Brawler
Screen_Shot_2018-03-26_at_12.14.48.png
Screen_Shot_2018-03-26_at_12.14.40.png

Berserker
unknown.png
Yes, but those might be slightly inflated because of awakening, but even before awakening they were doing 30-40% more. Your point is very well founded.
TERA PC - General Discussion#21 natia03/26/2018, 02:32 PM
I'm actually in awe at BHS's decision making. What kind of company makes it so blatantly clear they are ignoring the balancing and needs of 5 other regions? I really hope that eme and the other publishers really push for the talent buffs for other regions. That we're not just whiny foreigners, but have a valid need and concern for the balancing in this game.
TERA PC - General Discussion#22 hellno03/26/2018, 04:21 PM
yaaaa those difference in numbers are just utterly disgusting. Thank you so much for sharing Shikine. EME and BHS really need to do something about it. Its not fair our region gets punished so much just because they dont want to activate talents
hellno wrote: »
yaaaa those difference in numbers are just utterly disgusting. Thank you so much for sharing Shikine. EME and BHS really need to do something about it. Its not fair our region gets punished so much just because they dont want to activate talents

It's not just our region -- it's the whole rest of the world. That said, for the sake of making a good argument, it'll be better to show the same comparison after awakening is released, since it muddies the comparison right now.
TERA PC - General Discussion#24 Lapomko03/26/2018, 06:05 PM
Also have to keep in mind that theres many factors you can't compare KTERA with the rest of the world. They have insanely lower ping. Their average skill is much higher then ours like in Starcraft, LoL etc. I've seen alot of KTERA videos with insane perfect tight timing doing whacky manuevers all around the boss or mechanics.
TERA PC - General Discussion#25 Shikine03/26/2018, 06:31 PM
hellno wrote: »
yaaaa those difference in numbers are just utterly disgusting. Thank you so much for sharing Shikine. EME and BHS really need to do something about it. Its not fair our region gets punished so much just because they dont want to activate talents

It's not just our region -- it's the whole rest of the world. That said, for the sake of making a good argument, it'll be better to show the same comparison after awakening is released, since it muddies the comparison right now.

Yes, since data is published there will be data available after awakening.

What bothers me most is that GF is aware of this as they part of the conversations happening in the online communities and they internally saw these breakdowns as well.
Lapomko wrote: »
Also have to keep in mind that theres many factors you can't compare KTERA with the rest of the world. They have insanely lower ping. Their average skill is much higher then ours like in Starcraft, LoL etc. I've seen alot of KTERA videos with insane perfect tight timing doing whacky manuevers all around the boss or mechanics.

I agree with the lower ping part, but not on average skill levels as it has an effect on average dps, but the graph shows recorded dps therefore you see the most skilled people in both regions which in a big country like US bound to be one-two per class who record highest values.
If you watch german streams you can see those exact same whacky manuevers.
TERA PC - General Discussion#26 Lapomko03/26/2018, 06:55 PM
You have to take these top parses with grain of salt. These are done with paid unethical things that give you inhumane features that cannot be done normally like auto cancellation and stuff.

I've seen these German streams. They try to imitate Ktera top players playstyle but still nowhere near the korean top player skill.
@CobaltDragon, @seandynamite You guys are underestimating how important talents are for balancing. This might be a nice read for you guys.
Lapomko wrote: »
Also have to keep in mind that theres many factors you can't compare KTERA with the rest of the world. They have insanely lower ping. Their average skill is much higher then ours like in Starcraft, LoL etc. I've seen alot of KTERA videos with insane perfect tight timing doing whacky manuevers all around the boss or mechanics.

I agree with you on the average skill part, here in NA server I found many players don't even know how to read the skill/item description. even if I tried to tell them, they would just get mad...
TERA PC - General Discussion#29 hellno03/27/2018, 04:13 AM
Lapomko wrote: »
You have to take these top parses with grain of salt. These are done with paid unethical things that give you inhumane features that cannot be done normally like auto cancellation and stuff.

I've seen these German streams. They try to imitate Ktera top players playstyle but still nowhere near the korean top player skill.

You realize Ktera uses it too right? BHS pretty much told everyone in Ktera where to get it and everything. But lets stick to the actually topic here which is how big off a difference talents make. This is a fact and not a matter of opinion.


Lapomko wrote: »
Also have to keep in mind that theres many factors you can't compare KTERA with the rest of the world. They have insanely lower ping. Their average skill is much higher then ours like in Starcraft, LoL etc. I've seen alot of KTERA videos with insane perfect tight timing doing whacky manuevers all around the boss or mechanics.

I agree with you on the average skill part, here in NA server I found many players don't even know how to read the skill/item description. even if I tried to tell them, they would just get mad...

This is more the casual players in NA are worse. Not the top end game players. The top end theory crafting seems to be much better in NA than Ktera from what I read from Ktera's forums and guides
TERA PC - General Discussion#30 hellno03/27/2018, 04:21 AM
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Edit.
Maybe try hard player for you is what a hard core player is for me. The try-hard falls more into the loser side mean while the hardcore is better know to be a skilled player most of the times.


When did I even mention try hard players??? I said try hard runs. Please learn to read more carefully as you have messed up on on 3 post you have responded to at this point just in this thread
hellno wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Edit.
Maybe try hard player for you is what a hard core player is for me. The try-hard falls more into the loser side mean while the hardcore is better know to be a skilled player most of the times.


When did I even mention try hard players??? I said try hard runs. Please learn to read more carefully as you have messed up on on 3 post you have responded to at this point just in this thread

You are better off ignoring this user. The person just pretends to know what's going on and is already a meme from other social chat areas to give this person a bad reputation. Keep prolonging this person and you'll get the bait where the thread will end up getting closed that has happened multiple times.
TERA PC - General Discussion#32 hellno03/27/2018, 05:01 AM
DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
hellno wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Edit.
Maybe try hard player for you is what a hard core player is for me. The try-hard falls more into the loser side mean while the hardcore is better know to be a skilled player most of the times.


When did I even mention try hard players??? I said try hard runs. Please learn to read more carefully as you have messed up on on 3 post you have responded to at this point just in this thread

You are better off ignoring this user. The person just pretends to know what's going on and is already a meme from other social chat areas to give this person a bad reputation. Keep prolonging this person and you'll get the bait where the thread will end up getting closed that has happened multiple times.

Thanks for the heads up.
DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
hellno wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Edit.
Maybe try hard player for you is what a hard core player is for me. The try-hard falls more into the loser side mean while the hardcore is better know to be a skilled player most of the times.


When did I even mention try hard players??? I said try hard runs. Please learn to read more carefully as you have messed up on on 3 post you have responded to at this point just in this thread

You are better off ignoring this user. The person just pretends to know what's going on and is already a meme from other social chat areas to give this person a bad reputation. Keep prolonging this person and you'll get the bait where the thread will end up getting closed that has happened multiple times.

Hellno and me are having a discusion were he havent baited me or insulted me nor I did that with him either, yet you post that about me but your post is the best example of what a bait is.

And one more thing, threads get closed becuase people like you jump on them spouting that kind of personal attacks on other forum users.
hellno wrote: »
ElinUsagi wrote: »
Edit.
Maybe try hard player for you is what a hard core player is for me. The try-hard falls more into the loser side mean while the hardcore is better know to be a skilled player most of the times.


When did I even mention try hard players??? I said try hard runs. Please learn to read more carefully as you have messed up on on 3 post you have responded to at this point just in this thread

I thought the key words are "try hard" so I asumed try hard runs are done with try hard players, if not sorry to confuse what you meant to say.
DWDE6GFGWH wrote: »
You guys are underestimating how important talents are for balancing. This might be a nice read for you guys.
It's not that they're underestimating anything; they know the difference. BHS won't provide talents to other regions no matter what. Maybe they can implement a compensating buff to specific instances like EU just added recently.
DWDE6GFGWH wrote: »
You guys are underestimating how important talents are for balancing. This might be a nice read for you guys.
It's not that they're underestimating anything; they know the difference. BHS won't provide talents to other regions no matter what. Maybe they can implement a compensating buff to specific instances like EU just added recently.

Well, then I hope we will get some compensating buffs soon. We are talking about dungeon times taking double more time without talents.. No wonder everyone gives up after 2 weeks.
TERA PC - General Discussion#36 hellno03/27/2018, 05:11 PM
DWDE6GFGWH wrote: »
You guys are underestimating how important talents are for balancing. This might be a nice read for you guys.
It's not that they're underestimating anything; they know the difference. BHS won't provide talents to other regions no matter what. Maybe they can implement a compensating buff to specific instances like EU just added recently.

The problem with just a buff is that it doesnt correct the Huge class imbalance there currently is. Ninja is already the worst DPS class and all their buffs have been in talents to keep them relevant in Ktera. Since we dont have talents come awakening it will be super trash tier. That is simply not ok. lack of balance, unnecessarily long dungeon runs, is what is making a lot of people quit. This patch is enough of a grind as it is, we dont need to add a much longer time to complete content to it than Ktera

hellno wrote: »
The problem with just a buff is that it doesnt correct the Huge class imbalance there currently is. Ninja is already the worst DPS class and all their buffs have been in talents to keep them relevant in Ktera. Since we dont have talents come awakening it will be super trash tier. That is simply not ok. lack of balance, unnecessarily long dungeon runs, is what is making a lot of people quit. This patch is enough of a grind as it is, we dont need to add a much longer time to complete content to it than Ktera

We all agree with you. It makes certain classes completely untenable. RMH will drop to a 20 min run on awakening instead of a 30-35 minute run just because of awakening, and no one will be taking gunners, ninjas, sorcs, and maybe not even archers or valks. HH20 full zerk/slayer gogo! No other classes needed.

We all get it. We all agree with your points. It's unbalanced. It's unfair. It takes too long.

But they aren't bringing it here, and there has never been even the slightest inclination that they will.
TERA PC - General Discussion#38 Obs03/27/2018, 05:50 PM
Yes, but those might be slightly inflated because of awakening, but even before awakening they were doing 30-40% more. Your point is very well founded.

Look at the non-awakened classes then. Ninja does 2.5m on Hexapleon for NA and 4.1m on KR. KR has a 20% damage buff to Circle of Steel (about +2.4% damage), new gear with 1.5% higher damage modifier + 1% PvE damage (about +2% damage), and a damage buff for non-awakened classes (about +17% damage). That's about a 23% damage boost from class balance/gear differences. The difference between 4.1m and 2.5m is a 64% increase. Talents are giving a 33% DPS increase to Ninjas.

wbXLQvg.png
Obs wrote: »
Yes, but those might be slightly inflated because of awakening, but even before awakening they were doing 30-40% more. Your point is very well founded.

Look at the non-awakened classes then. Ninja does 2.5m on Hexapleon for NA and 4.1m on KR. KR has a 20% damage buff to Circle of Steel (about +2.4% damage), new gear with 1.5% higher damage modifier + 1% PvE damage (about +2% damage), and a damage buff for non-awakened classes (about +17% damage). That's about a 23% damage boost from class balance/gear differences. The difference between 4.1m and 2.5m is a 64% increase. Talents are giving a 33% DPS increase to Ninjas.

???

Not sure why you brought this up, as in the portion of the quoted section I literally said that:
"but even before awakening they were doing 30-40% more."

Thanks for saying the same thing I said, I guess?
TERA PC - General Discussion#40 hellno03/27/2018, 07:54 PM
hellno wrote: »
The problem with just a buff is that it doesnt correct the Huge class imbalance there currently is. Ninja is already the worst DPS class and all their buffs have been in talents to keep them relevant in Ktera. Since we dont have talents come awakening it will be super trash tier. That is simply not ok. lack of balance, unnecessarily long dungeon runs, is what is making a lot of people quit. This patch is enough of a grind as it is, we dont need to add a much longer time to complete content to it than Ktera

We all agree with you. It makes certain classes completely untenable. RMH will drop to a 20 min run on awakening instead of a 30-35 minute run just because of awakening, and no one will be taking gunners, ninjas, sorcs, and maybe not even archers or valks. HH20 full zerk/slayer gogo! No other classes needed.

We all get it. We all agree with your points. It's unbalanced. It's unfair. It takes too long.

But they aren't bringing it here, and there has never been even the slightest inclination that they will. EME cannot do it alone. They cannot bring it. They only thing they can do is add a permanent buff like we've had before, at the very least, they can add it to all HMs or 439+. That's all they can do.

I Know EME cannot do it alone. But they do have to push for it and hopefully the other publishers will as well since it is crazy how drastic of a difference it is. They are killing player base by not bringing over. I do agree that they should add the buff EU did meanwhile they push for it, but that buff is in no way a final solution for the crazy imbalance.
TERA PC - General Discussion#41 Obs03/27/2018, 08:42 PM
Obs wrote: »
Yes, but those might be slightly inflated because of awakening, but even before awakening they were doing 30-40% more. Your point is very well founded.

Look at the non-awakened classes then. Ninja does 2.5m on Hexapleon for NA and 4.1m on KR. KR has a 20% damage buff to Circle of Steel (about +2.4% damage), new gear with 1.5% higher damage modifier + 1% PvE damage (about +2% damage), and a damage buff for non-awakened classes (about +17% damage). That's about a 23% damage boost from class balance/gear differences. The difference between 4.1m and 2.5m is a 64% increase. Talents are giving a 33% DPS increase to Ninjas.

???

Not sure why you brought this up, as in the portion of the quoted section I literally said that:
"but even before awakening they were doing 30-40% more."

Thanks for saying the same thing I said, I guess?

The initial graph comparison was comparing awakened classes instead of non-awakened classes.

I'm not disagreeing with you.
TERA PC - General Discussion#42 hellno03/28/2018, 01:39 AM
hellno wrote: »
The problem with just a buff is that it doesnt correct the Huge class imbalance there currently is. Ninja is already the worst DPS class and all their buffs have been in talents to keep them relevant in Ktera. Since we dont have talents come awakening it will be super trash tier. That is simply not ok. lack of balance, unnecessarily long dungeon runs, is what is making a lot of people quit. This patch is enough of a grind as it is, we dont need to add a much longer time to complete content to it than Ktera

We all agree with you. It makes certain classes completely untenable. RMH will drop to a 20 min run on awakening instead of a 30-35 minute run just because of awakening, and no one will be taking gunners, ninjas, sorcs, and maybe not even archers or valks. HH20 full zerk/slayer gogo! No other classes needed.

We all get it. We all agree with your points. It's unbalanced. It's unfair. It takes too long.

But they aren't bringing it here, and there has never been even the slightest inclination that they will. EME cannot do it alone. They cannot bring it. They only thing they can do is add a permanent buff like we've had before, at the very least, they can add it to all HMs or 439+. That's all they can do.

Everyone knows EME cant do it alone, but they have to push for it for the sake of their game. If this crazy imbalance continues more and more people will leave the game. Hopefully if all publishers push for it BHS will finally do the correct and smart thing and add the talents to all other versions. I do think they should add the buff EU did meanwhile they push for the talents.
DWDE6GFGWH wrote: »
You guys are underestimating how important talents are for balancing. This might be a nice read for you guys.
It's not that they're underestimating anything; they know the difference. BHS won't provide talents to other regions no matter what. Maybe they can implement a compensating buff to specific instances like EU just added recently.

THIS. I think this is what most of us on here are hoping for. It's certainly what I am hoping for.
Catservant wrote: »
DWDE6GFGWH wrote: »
You guys are underestimating how important talents are for balancing. This might be a nice read for you guys.
It's not that they're underestimating anything; they know the difference. BHS won't provide talents to other regions no matter what. Maybe they can implement a compensating buff to specific instances like EU just added recently.

THIS. I think this is what most of us on here are hoping for. It's certainly what I am hoping for.

Is that hope based on something, is there a foundation for that positive attitude?
This situation has been going on for so long now... enmasse will do or fix nothing.

It is still the same problem, our rewards over time are completely out of whack.... we have to grind more then koreans, alot more.
So enmasse should either increase rewards dgns/iod etc gives or give us buffs/nerf the bosses... instead we get nerfed rewards...

This has been brought up over and over but enmasse refuses to respond to it...

@seandynamite, @CobaltDragon , can u give us an explanation? Why do you guys feel we need to have the most grindy tera? Why do you nerf rewards saying we will get more events while you know people dont like crazy amounts from events, they like to earn crazy amounts in regular play and while you know you dont even have the people to give us those events, wheres the 15 days a month with x3 iod vg rewards?!
What makes you think we like to grind more than koreans do?
Why do these threads always get ignored and closed?
TERA PC - General Discussion#45 Lapomko03/28/2018, 08:41 AM
Everyone just ends up disrespecting each other and it just brings out the worst in people that's why these threads get ignored and closed.
Lapomko wrote: »
Everyone just ends up disrespecting each other and it just brings out the worst in people that's why these threads get ignored and closed.

You mean the enmasse folk will just rely on human nature, waiting for folk to start flaming eachother so they can step in without going into the actual subject of the thread?
I bet golden talent prices have been dropping again after this strongbox event but economical its ruining the game... what folk have loads of keys so soon after last event? p2w/tryhard/fulltime grinders? I guess you can still buy them golden talents Pom but i rather see you getting shiny gear while buying my surplus iod talents like before :P
TERA PC - General Discussion#47 Lapomko03/28/2018, 10:20 AM
Lapomko wrote: »
Everyone just ends up disrespecting each other and it just brings out the worst in people that's why these threads get ignored and closed.

You mean the enmasse folk will just rely on human nature, waiting for folk to start flaming eachother so they can step in without going into the actual subject of the thread?
I bet golden talent prices have been dropping again after this strongbox event but economical its ruining the game... what folk have loads of keys so soon after last event? p2w/tryhard/fulltime grinders? I guess you can still buy them golden talents Pom but i rather see you getting shiny gear while buying my surplus iod talents like before :P

Ironic coming from some one complaining about enmasse doing nothing and getting this thread locked having to insult me in the end. Also what an interesting story you have to tell us which is completely off-topic.

Based on you calling me Pom I can guess you play on AV. I know alot of people have grudge against me there from massing huge amount of wealth on AV flipping the market. But jokes on you because those talents made me even richer from the scarcity so you can say I used you to get richer ;).
Lapomko wrote: »
Lapomko wrote: »
Everyone just ends up disrespecting each other and it just brings out the worst in people that's why these threads get ignored and closed.

You mean the enmasse folk will just rely on human nature, waiting for folk to start flaming eachother so they can step in without going into the actual subject of the thread?
I bet golden talent prices have been dropping again after this strongbox event but economical its ruining the game... what folk have loads of keys so soon after last event? p2w/tryhard/fulltime grinders? I guess you can still buy them golden talents Pom but i rather see you getting shiny gear while buying my surplus iod talents like before :P

Ironic coming from some one complaining about enmasse doing nothing and getting this thread locked having to insult me in the end. Also what an interesting story you have to tell us which is completely off-topic.

Based on you calling me Pom I can guess you play on AV. I know alot of people have grudge against me there from massing huge amount of wealth on AV flipping the market. But jokes on you because those talents made me even richer from the scarcity so you can say I used you to get richer ;).

No, you misunderstand, im not insulting you or even criticizing you.
Im using us as example how enmasse's policy of low reward-gameplay with huge reward events is bad for economy.
Before, i sold you my surplus talents because i could get them, I dont care what you used those talents for, it was just a way for more casual players like me to make some gold.
Now gameplay is less rewarding and strongboxes giving 6k talents to folk in rng.. i lost that way of making gold.
It's all about reward over time and fact is we are the most grindy.. up to the point a lot of the more casual people will just give up on tera.
TERA PC - General Discussion#49 hellno03/28/2018, 05:28 PM
this topic is not about golden or silver talents please take your discussion else where. They are about the Talent system in Ktera that is creating a huge imbalance for other regions that EME needs to push for our region to get.
There are no plans still to bring the talent sytem to NA or EU.
You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.