TERA Online forum archive
General Discussion: Are there any plans to give newer players access to the last set's jewelry/cleansing brooch?
View post on Tera forums#1 CAHD57D3H901/17/2018, 03:13 AM
Godsbane/Heavensbane jewelry is needed for the current BiS jewelry setup and a cleansing brooch is a godsend for healers, but new players and even some old players don't have any way to get them.

I want to know if there's any plan for these to return and if not why. Are the mechanical difficulties making their return impossible? Does it go against EME's design philosophy? I don't like feeling punished for starting recently and not having access to these.
View post on Tera forums#2 Partyblast01/17/2018, 03:48 AM
Officially, by KTera patches, there doesn't seem to be any way to obtain the old jewelry/cleansing brooches. Why BHS thought removing the cleansing brooch until Quatrefoil was a good idea is beyond me, they could've just introduced an upgrade chain from Blue -> Gold -> Quatre just like the crit and power brooches but oh well.

An idea I was thinking about was perhaps adding Crocstar Tokens (ID 21212) (previous patches tokens which contain the Gods/Heavensbane jewelry) to the Ace Dungeon shop. Ugh yea it'll just make more solo content rewarding but it'll bring life back into that shop because right now it's pretty useless and still sells VM7 materials. >.> Other means to acquire them can just be putting them back into the loot tables of the dungeons like previously. Of course you'll have to add the Cleansing Brooch (ID 19735) into the Crocstar shop because it isn't there originally but that's about the only extra bit.
View post on Tera forums#3 Blerg01/17/2018, 04:03 AM
Putting the token to get them in Ace Dungeon shop is a fantastic idea. Its within EME's power, it makes an old piece of solo content more relevant again, and makes the BIS gear obtainable by everyone.
View post on Tera forums#4 Ourlord01/17/2018, 04:20 AM
what about those who already buy those items expensive asf, like i did.
but i vote to get cleanse brooch back but i already have then.
View post on Tera forums#5 Sehlikah01/17/2018, 04:59 AM
Ourlord wrote: »
what about those who already buy those items expensive asf, like i did.

That seems like an incredibly short-sighted reason to attempt to deny this opportunity to other players. "Because I suffered, they too must suffer." A better and more progressive approach would be to attempt to help others avoid your past suffering. Wouldn't it be best to give everyone access to this and thereby improve everyone's game experience?

Also, the unfortunate truth is that you paid what you thought the gear was worth, but worth changes. It's the risk we take dealing with an uncertain future.

View post on Tera forums#6 Partyblast01/17/2018, 05:09 AM
Not to mention the supply is limited and dwindling everyday as people make more jewelry for alts etc. Two rings and a necklace (for BiS attack speed) requires 108 Crocstar tokens and they only dropped in stacks of 1 or 2 per dungeon during that patch, and haven't been dropping for 3 months now.
View post on Tera forums#7 ElinUsagi01/17/2018, 05:10 AM
Sehlikah wrote: »
Ourlord wrote: »
what about those who already buy those items expensive asf, like i did.

That seems like an incredibly short-sighted reason to attempt to deny this opportunity to other players. "Because I suffered, they too must suffer." A better and more progressive approach would be to attempt to help others avoid your past suffering. Wouldn't it be best to give everyone access to this and thereby improve everyone's game experience?

Also, the unfortunate truth is that you paid what you thought the gear was worth, but worth changes. It's the risk we take dealing with an uncertain future.

They could add the designs and materials to craft keylock and keytrap jewellery also in ACE shop.

Ourlord may have been talking about the pvp jewellery.
View post on Tera forums#8 Ourlord01/17/2018, 05:25 AM
Sehlikah wrote: »
Ourlord wrote: »
what about those who already buy those items expensive asf, like i did.

That seems like an incredibly short-sighted reason to attempt to deny this opportunity to other players. "Because I suffered, they too must suffer." A better and more progressive approach would be to attempt to help others avoid your past suffering. Wouldn't it be best to give everyone access to this and thereby improve everyone's game experience?

Also, the unfortunate truth is that you paid what you thought the gear was worth, but worth changes. It's the risk we take dealing with an uncertain future.

What do you mean dude??? dont talk here like you know me ''i suffered'' so i want to other ppl suffer'' comon....
if we are asking for things that i say that put the awakening back in the gears, to make me a glove dw and have 11 power more.
View post on Tera forums#9 Pages01/17/2018, 05:45 AM
Blerg wrote: »
Putting the token to get them in Ace Dungeon shop is a fantastic idea. Its within EME's power, it makes an old piece of solo content more relevant again, and makes the BIS gear obtainable by everyone. Also the resizing kit might need to be added as well? I'm not sure if it can still be obtained.

No worries, the resizing kits can still be obtained with Metamorphic Tokens.

@Spacecats Any way we might see the return of Crocstar tokens or Heavensbane/Godsbane/Cleansing Brooch? The Ace Dungeon shop, as mentioned in this thread, seems like a very good way of bringing it back.
View post on Tera forums#10 Partyblast01/17/2018, 06:21 AM
Ourlord wrote: »
Sehlikah wrote: »
Ourlord wrote: »
what about those who already buy those items expensive asf, like i did.

That seems like an incredibly short-sighted reason to attempt to deny this opportunity to other players. "Because I suffered, they too must suffer." A better and more progressive approach would be to attempt to help others avoid your past suffering. Wouldn't it be best to give everyone access to this and thereby improve everyone's game experience?

Also, the unfortunate truth is that you paid what you thought the gear was worth, but worth changes. It's the risk we take dealing with an uncertain future.

What do you mean dude??? dont talk here like you know me ''i suffered'' so i want to other ppl suffer'' comon....
if we are asking for things that i say that put the awakening back in the gears, to make me a glove dw and have 11 power more.

I mean you can still acquire +15 DW Gloves, you just need to have the design as the materials are able to be acquired through Metamorphic tokens. Resize kits can also be acquired through the metamorphic tokens as well. Seems the issue for both gear and previous jewelry is just the lack of design availability and it honestly wouldn't hurt to have them added as well, although there are more gear designs than jewelry designs.
View post on Tera forums#11 Partyblast01/17/2018, 06:24 AM
I mean you can still acquire +15 DW Gloves, you just need to have the design as the materials are able to be acquired through Metamorphic tokens. Resize kits can also be acquired through the metamorphic tokens as well. Seems another issue for both gear and previous jewelry is the lack of design availability and it honestly wouldn't hurt to have them added as well, although there are more gear designs than jewelry designs.
View post on Tera forums#12 Ourlord01/17/2018, 07:40 AM
Partyblast wrote: »
I mean you can still acquire +15 DW Gloves, you just need to have the design as the materials are able to be acquired through Metamorphic tokens. Resize kits can also be acquired through the metamorphic tokens as well. Seems another issue for both gear and previous jewelry is the lack of design availability and it honestly wouldn't hurt to have them added as well, although there are more gear designs than jewelry designs.

ofc you can craft dw but you cant make it MASTERWORK.
View post on Tera forums#13 CornishRex01/17/2018, 09:11 AM
This is like the 4th or 5th thread I've seen on this topic, NO RESPONSE from eme still.
Removing cleansing brooches from the game was such a stupid mistake (?) bhs did, especially since this patch they have a lot of uses in many dungeons and personally they've saved me multiple times.
View post on Tera forums#14 Viennoiserie01/17/2018, 09:36 AM
Ourlord wrote: »
Partyblast wrote: »
I mean you can still acquire +15 DW Gloves, you just need to have the design as the materials are able to be acquired through Metamorphic tokens. Resize kits can also be acquired through the metamorphic tokens as well. Seems another issue for both gear and previous jewelry is the lack of design availability and it honestly wouldn't hurt to have them added as well, although there are more gear designs than jewelry designs.

ofc you can craft dw but you cant make it MASTERWORK.

14750853.jpg

View post on Tera forums#15 aeee9801/17/2018, 10:42 AM
Ourlord wrote: »
Partyblast wrote: »
I mean you can still acquire +15 DW Gloves, you just need to have the design as the materials are able to be acquired through Metamorphic tokens. Resize kits can also be acquired through the metamorphic tokens as well. Seems another issue for both gear and previous jewelry is the lack of design availability and it honestly wouldn't hurt to have them added as well, although there are more gear designs than jewelry designs.

ofc you can craft dw but you cant make it MASTERWORK.

why would you need to make it masterwork lul
View post on Tera forums#16 9YA776XYRE01/17/2018, 11:18 AM
aeee98 wrote: »
Ourlord wrote: »
Partyblast wrote: »
I mean you can still acquire +15 DW Gloves, you just need to have the design as the materials are able to be acquired through Metamorphic tokens. Resize kits can also be acquired through the metamorphic tokens as well. Seems another issue for both gear and previous jewelry is the lack of design availability and it honestly wouldn't hurt to have them added as well, although there are more gear designs than jewelry designs.

ofc you can craft dw but you cant make it MASTERWORK.

why would you need to make it masterwork lul

To get the additional stats from masterwork bonus duh, seems like some people here don't know that such a thing exists ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And EME will not help you fix your previous patch's equipment to include the bonus even if you send them a support ticket. Tried and tested.
View post on Tera forums#17 Dvsv01/17/2018, 02:06 PM
I paid a lot of gold on my keylock rings and i'm all for EME to put crocstar tokens or some way that newer players can farm the old jewelry.
And on top of that, you guys can bring some life to useless content (i.e: ace dungeons).
View post on Tera forums#18 ElinUsagi01/17/2018, 02:16 PM
9YA776XYRE wrote: »
aeee98 wrote: »
Ourlord wrote: »
Partyblast wrote: »
I mean you can still acquire +15 DW Gloves, you just need to have the design as the materials are able to be acquired through Metamorphic tokens. Resize kits can also be acquired through the metamorphic tokens as well. Seems another issue for both gear and previous jewelry is the lack of design availability and it honestly wouldn't hurt to have them added as well, although there are more gear designs than jewelry designs.

ofc you can craft dw but you cant make it MASTERWORK.

why would you need to make it masterwork lul

To get the additional stats from masterwork bonus duh, seems like some people here don't know that such a thing exists ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And EME will not help you fix your previous patch's equipment to include the bonus even if you send them a support ticket. Tried and tested.

Read again the the info about the changes being made in Arsenal.

If you already knew the stats from the previous masterworked items then you wouldn't said what you said.
View post on Tera forums#19 aeee9801/17/2018, 02:42 PM
You make +15 deathwrack now not for the gear stat but for the retooling to +2 Stormcry, which is a 30-40% boost in just raw stats. For some people who have tons of tokens hanging around this is actually cheaper than going through the normal route.

Read up Arsenal Patch notes before making yourself look really bad because really thats very bad misinformation.
View post on Tera forums#20 CassandraTR01/17/2018, 03:54 PM
Please, do not ask for crocstar tokens to be added Ace dungeon. That does not fix Ace dungeon at all, and adding irrelevant content from last patch is asinine. As has been discussed ad nauseum before, 4% attack speed isn't even noticeable by a new player, and they usually don't even have their full glyph set, the right crystals, or tokens to buy upgrade kits.

Ace dungeon needs to be fixed so that ace tokens mean something. Diamonds, emeralds (or even jewel boxes with random,) should be added. Middle tier etching mats should be added. Middle tier crafting mats at a reasonable token price could be added. Dyad and smart dyad structures could be added. Another source of rare glyphs could be added. They could even add in mid/high tier crafting designs (that people could use or sell,) and they would be a much higher value than old accessories.

The only thing I could possibly see worth from last patch would be cleansing brooch, but it would have to have some sort of lowered ilvl, or else new players don't have to upgrade any brooch at all.

Ace dungeon is solo content that only most new players run, and there is no reason to run it for imperator mats that it gives currently. It needs to give things that benefit new players, and have things that benefit all players at a larger ace cost if you run it enough.

Adding old equipment does not fix Ace Dungeon.
View post on Tera forums#21 Sehlikah01/17/2018, 05:06 PM
To call the jewelry set from last patch irrelevant, when it is currently needed to achieve the best jewelry setup for every DPS and tank, is just plain false. The players looking to min-max their gear, unlike new players, would notice the additional crit factor/power from using two rings or the additional attack speed from two rings and a necklace.

The Ace Dungeon as it stands may not be the best place for Crocstar tokens because, as you say, it's mostly only new players, who would gain minimal benefit from old jewelry, who run it, as they're the only ones foolish enough to waste their time there. Although, if Crocstar tokens are added to Ace Dungeons among other worthwhile rewards, it would give incentives for everyone to do them.
View post on Tera forums#22 Dvsv01/17/2018, 05:30 PM
Please, do not ask for crocstar tokens to be added Ace dungeon. That does not fix Ace dungeon at all, and adding irrelevant content from last patch is asinine. As has been discussed ad nauseum before, 4% attack speed isn't even noticeable by a new player, and they usually don't even have their full glyph set, the right crystals, or tokens to buy upgrade kits.
.

Imho, every post you did on this forum is pure BS.
I can't agree with one single line on anything you ever said.

Maybe you're just a forum troll or whatever.....

By your logic, maybe devs should cap gear progression for newers players starting now to something like SC+4 cuz "they usually don't even have their full glyph set, the right crystals, or tokens to buy upgrade kits" (and they'll never will!) so it's plain obvious that they don't need higher-tier stormcry!!
That's true for returning players too!

Old power rings (like keylock rings) are BIS rings, for some builds they're even better than that trash expensive entropy rings.
They're just as "irrelevant" as stormcry +7~+9, but for you, new and returning players should be eternally caped cuz you, the "Tera god" said that they can't use it.


Let's be honest, u're just another elitist, you got the old jewelry (or prob you sell it!) but don't want newer players to get the same thing cuz you think you put some special "effort" and should be eternally rewarded for it ;)
View post on Tera forums#23 Soffyasd01/17/2018, 07:39 PM
Yes please, bring back the old tokens. I've missed the last patch, im stucked with the old manor ones... Or atleast, add em to the Entropic emblem merchant, it would be nice to me and to many people out there.
View post on Tera forums#24 Pages01/17/2018, 08:20 PM
aeee98 wrote: »
You make +15 deathwrack now not for the gear stat but for the retooling to +2 Stormcry, which is a 30-40% boost in just raw stats. For some people who have tons of tokens hanging around this is actually cheaper than going through the normal route.

Read up Arsenal Patch notes before making yourself look really bad because really thats very bad misinformation.

People actually do make Deathwrack for the gear itself. Although Stormcry has the 2 piece set effect of Power+9 (or +10? I don't remember exactly) the old Deathwrack gloves still grant additional power at +10 +11 +12 for a total of 9 additional power if I remember correctly (2, 3, 4 = 9). This means that for best damage, you use a +9 SC weapon, +8 SC Chest, +8 SC Boots, +15 Oblit Gloves, Oblit Belt, 2 New Earrings, 2 Old Rings, New/Old necklace (depending on if your class needs the aspeed).

However, the fact that you can't Masterwork Deathwrack gear is pretty irrelevant, since Masterworking adds like 60 defense modifier in the first place, and no attack modifier (which is what you make Deathwrack for anyway if you aren't converting it).
You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.