TERA Online forum archive
Off-Topic: Why you shouldn't use Discord!
People been asking why I hate it. Well, it's hard to explain every detail about it in global chat. I'm just stating to why I HATE IT so much. Plus what's this app called squirrel.app that it comes with? Simply JUNK! Because I don't want this JUNK on my computer!

Information You Provide: We collect information from you when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you register for access to the Services or use certain Services. Information we collect may include but not be limited to username, email address, and any messages, images, transient VOIP data (to enable communication delivery only) or other content you send via the chat feature.

Don't believe me?

ve7j20.png

Collecting any voice is too far!

It's the same guy that owns Discord.

https://techcrunch.com/2015/08/27/discord-citron/
https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/1236-gamers-sue-openfeint-in-class-action-lawsuit/

Compared to Teamspeak. This is it. More secure on your privacy.

https://teamspeak.com/privacy.html
  1. IP address of the users
  2. Used operation system and type (32 or 64 bit)
  3. Data about user behavior (particularly clicks, used menus)
  4. Crash report (program line, incident, basic data of computer hardware used)

I'm not advertising Teamspeak 3 nor do I work for them, I've been on Teamspeak 3 since Perfect World International times with my adopted family/friends of gamers, so to speak of. It's safe and secure to use Teamspeak 3. So if you want to use Discord go ahead and do so. I'm just warning you that your privacy has been compromised! So I simply will never use DISCORD, EVER!

Discord=Just simply disconnect the cord from it. Just don't use it! Get it? Discord.


View post on Tera forums#2 gib07/13/2017, 08:10 PM
transient VOIP data (to enable communication delivery only)

tran·sient
ˈtranSHənt,ˈtranzēənt/Submit
adjective
1.
lasting only for a short time; impermanent.

squirrel.app is an installer used in the installation process. taken directly from their twitter:

it's not like they're wire tapping your computer and listening to everything you say to blackmail you or use it against you, rofl. do you know how many people use discord? can you imagine tracking millions of peoples' voice communications daily? it's not plausible.

almost all services that require you to sign up and login will store your usernames passwords and emails.

take off your tin foil hat please
View post on Tera forums#3 aeee9807/14/2017, 09:55 AM
To be honest your privacy is gone the moment you are on the internet. Just be really smart about what you do to reduce that impact lol. It is the same for any VoIP application whose server isn't on your end. Teamspeak's sole practicality is not there because you have to either pay for a server depending on the size of your community or risk your particulars taken (the exact alleged problem with Discord you mentioned) to begin with on public servers. Discord has way more functionality for slightly less footprint and it is in essence free no matter how many people you have in your server.
gib wrote: »
transient VOIP data (to enable communication delivery only)

tran·sient
ˈtranSHənt,ˈtranzēənt/Submit
adjective
1.
lasting only for a short time; impermanent.

squirrel.app is an installer used in the installation process. taken directly from their twitter:

it's not like they're wire tapping your computer and listening to everything you say to blackmail you or use it against you, rofl. do you know how many people use discord? can you imagine tracking millions of peoples' voice communications daily? it's not plausible.

almost all services that require you to sign up and login will store your usernames passwords and emails.

take off your tin foil hat please

It literally says it in the private policy and you don't even read the proof.

The guy has gotten sued once! It's free, because they sell your data. Like who is ever going to buy the merchandise? NO ONE! Unless you're a nerd. Plus the guy is a really not bright.
why you shouldn't use discord google it in search...first video. I can't post it on here because it's against the rules to have profane langauge.
Just because it's free is your excuse. Username, email address, and any messages, images, transient VOIP data (to enable communication delivery only) or other content you send via the chat feature. Everything!

I heard if the server is down, everyone is down. So technically it's their own servers on Discord. Unless you have your own server, then perhaps they can't steal data from you.

Teamspeak, they give you server. Mine is Texas and I live Texas even though my admin doesn't live there. Just a given server from teamspeak or you use your own. Teamspeak just sends crash reports. That's it.
RA4wOwv.png

They act so innocent. Bunch of lies.

In case you don't know, in Discord's ToS, there's a section named "Your Data" that's solely dedicated to what you post on this service. In this very section, one can find the following:

"By uploading, distributing, transmitting or otherwise using Your Data with the Services, you grant to us a nonexclusive, transferable, royalty-free, sublicensable, and worldwide license to use Your Data, subject to the Company’s Privacy Policy."

This can be found on the following page: [url=" https://discordapp.com/tos"] https://discordapp.com/tos[/url][

This means that whatever you write or upload to Discord can automatically be used by the Discord team for whatever purpose they want. Not only that, but they have no legal obligation to tell you what they do with your content.

This is a big issue, one that shouldn't be swept under the rug. The removal of this specific phrase from the ToS would be ideal; it's a very clear deal-breaker for those who care about privacy issues. On top of that, the competition has no such clauses: I haven't found an equivalent statement in Slack's ToS, for example.

I'd like to hear an honest answer from Discord's team, preferably one that doesn't go along the lines of "don't worry, the ToS is (not being used | not up-to-date | not being enforced)".

So yes they will. They do this, so they can't get sued, it's like a contact without out reading the fine print. Excuse me, but Discord is simply TRASH!
O.o sorry about that link.
So you should be thanking me. Otherwise do whatever if you want.
View post on Tera forums#10 PhoenixKiss07/15/2017, 05:19 AM
OH GOSH, so it's true they act innocent, but they really are using your data. ALL OF IT!

https://www.reddit.com/r/discordapp/comments/441sy8/discords_problematic_your_data_licensing_clause/

It reads.....

[–]vishnevskiy- Stanislav#7943 • • 37 points• 1 year ago

Hey there.

CTO of Discord here.

This part of the ToS is to allow us to send data through Discord on your behalf. This statement does exist in Slack but its definitely phrased differently.

" In order for us to provide the Service to you, we require that you grant us certain rights with respect to Your Data. For example, we need to be able to transmit, store and copy Your Data in order to display it to you and your teammates, to index it so you are able to search it, to make backups to prevent data loss, and so on. Your acceptance of this TOS gives us the permission to do so and grants us any such rights necessary to provide the service to you, only for the purpose of providing the service (and for no other purpose). This permission includes allowing us to use third-party service providers (such as Amazon Web Services) in the operation and administration of the Service and the rights granted to us are extended to these third parties to the degree necessary in order for the Service to be provided."

I have asked our CEO to look into making it sound more friendly. We have no intention of using your data for anything and hopefully we can clear that up in our ToS with friendlier language. It is currently this way "because lawyers". :)


https://www.symantec.com/connect/app#!/blogs/attackers-use-discord-voip-chat-servers-host-nanocore-njrat-spyrat

I got loads of proof, are you sure you want to use Discord? I'm just protecting people from using it.
View post on Tera forums#11 PhoenixKiss07/15/2017, 05:28 AM
Simply backup should be the program and not them using your data. Make sense?
View post on Tera forums#12 aeee9807/15/2017, 12:38 PM
OH GOSH, so it's true they act innocent, but they really are using your data. ALL OF IT!

https://www.reddit.com/r/discordapp/comments/441sy8/discords_problematic_your_data_licensing_clause/

It reads.....

[–]vishnevskiy- Stanislav#7943 • • 37 points• 1 year ago

Hey there.

CTO of Discord here.

This part of the ToS is to allow us to send data through Discord on your behalf. This statement does exist in Slack but its definitely phrased differently.

" In order for us to provide the Service to you, we require that you grant us certain rights with respect to Your Data. For example, we need to be able to transmit, store and copy Your Data in order to display it to you and your teammates, to index it so you are able to search it, to make backups to prevent data loss, and so on. Your acceptance of this TOS gives us the permission to do so and grants us any such rights necessary to provide the service to you, only for the purpose of providing the service (and for no other purpose). This permission includes allowing us to use third-party service providers (such as Amazon Web Services) in the operation and administration of the Service and the rights granted to us are extended to these third parties to the degree necessary in order for the Service to be provided."

I have asked our CEO to look into making it sound more friendly. We have no intention of using your data for anything and hopefully we can clear that up in our ToS with friendlier language. It is currently this way "because lawyers". :)


https://www.symantec.com/connect/app#!/blogs/attackers-use-discord-voip-chat-servers-host-nanocore-njrat-spyrat

I got loads of proof, are you sure you want to use Discord? I'm just protecting people from using it.

Idk about you but your link has no relation to the ToS lol. I don't really know whether you want to prove that discord is unsafe for privacy or that you can get hacked for using it.

There are lots of answers to the ToS in question. If they sell your data, they are actually liable to penalties. From what I know, the program has no keyloggers nor any mechanism capable of holding valuable information unless of course you make that really bad mistake of showing your account details online.
By uploading, distributing, transmitting or otherwise using Your Content with the Service, you grant to us a perpetual, nonexclusive, transferable, royalty-free, sublicensable, and worldwide license to use, host, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display Your Content in connection with operating and providing the Service.

I believe the above statement is what you feel is a cause of concern. But said content is not inclusive of fundamentally sensitive information such as your name, email and password. If you are releasing said information via this channel, then I guess the problem is yours :/

However, black hat hackers have always been able to work around that. The link you have shown is basically hackers using Discord as a medium. You can do the exact same thing with Teamspeak as well, so I really don't know what's the actual fuss. The actual truth is, a discord server with proper management of permissions has a similar level of security as a Teamspeak server. That is the sole advantage of capitalising on a bigger server rather than one which you own. Also, "free" servers which you thought you are in aren't really free from the publishers themselves, but from third party websites. The owner of the TS server would have paid for the server in some sort (either as a self-hosted server or using a paid/free third party server provider which again is as unsafe as discord by that very logic)

I can see why you don't want a repeat incident from Discord's developers who has had a record for selling data before. But your links are really outdated (The ToS has already been editted 2 months ago to accommodate even more to privacy, read the new ToS if you don't believe me) and your arguments honestly didn't make any sense. And third party applications have already been warned on the very ToS.
View post on Tera forums#13 PhoenixKiss07/15/2017, 06:17 PM
Let me get this straight! Do you even notice how they speak?

Look at the line.....https://reddit.com/r/discordapp/comments/441sy8/discords_problematic_your_data_licensing_clause/

"I have asked our CEO to look into making it sound more friendly. We have no intention of using your data for anything and hopefully we can clear that up in our ToS with friendlier language. It is currently this way "because lawyers".<-They act really suspicious

How non-bright can they be? Really non-bright. Because lawyers LOL suspicious.

If they know that, they are the non-bright people stealing your information! They do this to prevent on being sued, so they act so innocent. Plus how do they make money? Think about it! Selling your data! I don't think they can manage to hold their company by just selling sticker packs, sound packs, and skins. Also who would want to buy this useless of clothing? https://merch.discordapp.com/

I'm surprised you missed that OpenFeint got sued. It claims the gaming company, OpenFeint, collected the identifiers, tied them to things like location, and Facebook profiles without giving users adequate notice about its practices. Which was made by Jason Citron himself! So really, this is the main reason to why I never use it! If you want to keep using it, go ahead and give your data. Just be careful of what you post, because they will use it! All your data by post!

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/1236-gamers-sue-openfeint-in-class-action-lawsuit/

They got sued, so why would you use Discord? The logic in my head tells me DISCORD IS TRASH and it's a bunch of freeloaders! This why I'm sharing you this information! Use at your own risk, but whatever you post be careful. Just remember, username, email address, and any messages, images, transient VOIP data (to enable communication delivery only) or other content you send via the chat feature.

It's free, so how do they make money? Selling your data! Think about it.

Look at all the video links in this forum. I can't post the videos here due to profanity language. So viewer discretion is advised.

darkstar-alliance.com/mobile/forum/viewthread/m/27249981/id/29377022-if-you-use-discord-read-this

Just simply don't use DISCORD!

View post on Tera forums#14 PhoenixKiss07/15/2017, 06:46 PM
https://blog.discordapp.com/how-discord-stores-billions-of-messages-7fa6ec7ee4c7

You mention you store messages..so you're actually reading everything! Bunch of non-brights.

How non-bright are you Discord? VERY!

vinesauce.com/vinetalk/viewtopic.php?t=7400

Someone mentioned....Don't believe me? I signed up to test this. As far as I know; according to law, companies have to make sure you read the TOS & PP (i.e. the little tick box that everyone ticks without actually reading it). When I signed up, I never got this notice. PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is illegal, and therefore Discord is committing a crime.

They don't want you to read the policy and TOS. That's suspicious.

Come back to me when you check your email everyday. Do you get junk mail? Now you know it's working. If not you're lucky, but for legit reasons they do sell your data or might use your data.

I'm just stating facts. So I'm ending it right here. I'm very resourceful to finding legit reasons to why you shouldn't use Discord.
View post on Tera forums#15 PhoenixKiss07/15/2017, 06:59 PM
First things first, a ToS/ privacy policy is NOT a legally binding document. It's more a set of rules that both the user and the company agree to and it may or may not hold up in court. These things sometimes give the company more rights than they actually use, just in case they choose to at a later time (collecting data, sharing it with partners, etc.). So that in mind, they can't go to jail. It's like signing up for a contact.

So technically they are non-bright freeloaders by acting so innocent.
View post on Tera forums#16 gib07/15/2017, 07:48 PM

It's free, so how do they make money? Selling your data! Think about it.


by your logic, all free games / applications make money by selling your data? do you even read what you say?
First things first, a ToS/ privacy policy is NOT a legally binding document. It's more a set of rules that both the user and the company agree to and it may or may not hold up in court. These things sometimes give the company more rights than they actually use, just in case they choose to at a later time (collecting data, sharing it with partners, etc.). So that in mind, they can't go to jail. It's like signing up for a contact.

So technically they are non-bright freeloaders by acting so innocent.

a quick google search tells you that terms of service are legally binding and do hold up in court
but people in tera still prefer discord, yea because is no like U.S goverment spy american cityzens :)
OH GOSH, so it's true they act innocent, but they really are using your data. ALL OF IT!

https://www.reddit.com/r/discordapp/comments/441sy8/discords_problematic_your_data_licensing_clause/

It reads.....

[–]vishnevskiy- Stanislav#7943 • • 37 points• 1 year ago

Hey there.

CTO of Discord here.

This part of the ToS is to allow us to send data through Discord on your behalf. This statement does exist in Slack but its definitely phrased differently.

" In order for us to provide the Service to you, we require that you grant us certain rights with respect to Your Data. For example, we need to be able to transmit, store and copy Your Data in order to display it to you and your teammates, to index it so you are able to search it, to make backups to prevent data loss, and so on. Your acceptance of this TOS gives us the permission to do so and grants us any such rights necessary to provide the service to you, only for the purpose of providing the service (and for no other purpose). This permission includes allowing us to use third-party service providers (such as Amazon Web Services) in the operation and administration of the Service and the rights granted to us are extended to these third parties to the degree necessary in order for the Service to be provided."

I have asked our CEO to look into making it sound more friendly. We have no intention of using your data for anything and hopefully we can clear that up in our ToS with friendlier language. It is currently this way "because lawyers". :)


https://www.symantec.com/connect/app#!/blogs/attackers-use-discord-voip-chat-servers-host-nanocore-njrat-spyrat

I got loads of proof, are you sure you want to use Discord? I'm just protecting people from using it.


Bla bla bla I don't CARE ! I use Discord everyone has its own opinion and you have no right to say what to do with us
View post on Tera forums#19 PhoenixKiss07/18/2017, 04:47 AM
Discord's Private Policy literally says: Information we collect may include but not be limited to username, email address, and any messages, images, transient VOIP data (to enable communication delivery only) or other content you send via the chat feature. Why do they we collect? They say it that it's for backup, but really the program should backup itself, and not them doing the backup for you. Really seems quite shady by lying like that on their reddit. They basically admit they sell your data in their privacy policy while lying about not doing it on their reddit.

They have absolutely no other way of making money aside of "selling emoticons and skins" for a program you'll mainly use minimized. Also they've got quite some investors, and investors invest to eventually make money with their investment, not out of generosity.

Jason Citron, the founder of Discord has done this multiple times in the past already. There was this iOS game called "Aurora Feint" he helped develop. It was quite the success for its time (2008) and had plenty of users using it. Well, turned out the app snoops through your contact list and other personal data, stores it all in an unencrypted file, and sends it back to their servers. Once Apple found out they obviously kicked it out of their AppStore, but the damage was done already. If Apple took it off their store, it's LEGIT it's a bad company!

After all the damage control Citron moved on to creating a mobile social network for "gamers". Thing was called "OpenFeint". It got all hyped up in the media and got plenty of coverage in the news aswell. They barely made money with it even though it was pretty huge for its time (2010) as they had no business model they could make profit with. What then happened is they sold OpenFeint to a Japanese company called "GREE" for $104,000,000. 18 months later OpenFeint shut down, giving developers barely a month to completely remove it from their games. What did GREE do with all the user data they bought together with OpenFeint? We do not know. Literally it's a typical venture capitalist business treatment with a focus on the money. Startup, make it valuable, sell it, enjoy the paycheck while walking away.

Now, I'm pretty sure the overlapping business pattern between OpenFeint and Discord is obvious. Discord has again no real source of income. I mean, selling stickers, skins and stuff to run free voice communication for millions of users across the world isn't going to work. They either sell your data or run out of money. Both would be bad. Selling your data is obvious, and if running out of money they would most likely sell Discord to some shady company, just like they did with OpenFeint.

So again this is what I'm researching all over the internet. Seriously if you simply use it for gaming talk only, they probably would leave you alone. However, any thing that you post or say VOIP off topic, it might be used for sell in data.

So just research this and you would now know you shouldn't use Discord. It's an invasion of privacy as what Discord is. No offense, but for the record of all the responses I'm getting on this thread...You're not reading and you're not looking at the sources posted.

If you really want to use keep using Discord, then by all means, do so, because no one can stop you. I'm just letting you know of the precautions of what Discord is really doing. If this scares you of this legit proof, that's just so shady, then find something else to use for voice chat in gaming.

I'm been using Teamspeak3 for years, no junk mail. Yes my admin can read IP-addresses. Like my admin is going to track down where I live and travel all the way south by plane ticket expense. Besides, look up an ip-address and it shows whereabouts, not accurate coordinates. We never been hacked and we don't have a password. Like really it takes only a second to ban anyone. I'm not saying you should use Teamspeak3, but really the only server Teamspeak3 can read is their PUBLIC servers. Discord you're on their servers. Teamspeak3 you can host your own server. Every image is stored, like avatars is stored on application itself. Every client does not have to give an email address. So really Teamspeak3 seems safer for me. Just really, find another voice program, because technically I hate the seems of shady of what Discord is. It seems like everyone uses Discord. I can't venture out into other guilds because of it and enjoy myself with fellow gamers. Communication is what I enjoy, because we gamers like to communicate what's happening in the battles we fight in this Tera MMORPG. So again it's not like I'm trying to turn you away from Discord, it's just all that I posted and what I read about it, just seems so shady of how Discord functions as a company. I'm the typical person that READS THE FINE PRINT. So I'm just sharing my precautions that seems too much to be true of what this company is really doing.
View post on Tera forums#20 PhoenixKiss07/18/2017, 04:57 AM
Again I'm not enforcing you to stop using it. I'm just sharing the precautions of what I've researched on this company of Discord. Everyone else that knows about them, they don't like it. Just so I'm just letting you know not everyone likes Discord. So you might should switch to something else.

Sorry I take the internet precautions more than most people. Don't take it the wrong way.
View post on Tera forums#21 PhoenixKiss07/18/2017, 05:17 AM
Make an app-apple takes it off their store and shuts down.
Make an app-Gets sued by gamers, shuts down eventually because of lawsuit, sells it, and shuts down.
Make an app-Discord....Read precautions of why I see a pattern here.
View post on Tera forums#22 PhoenixKiss07/18/2017, 06:13 AM
'HENCE' when I say you might want to switch to something else. Because not everyone likes it. I want to make that clear!
View post on Tera forums#23 aeee9807/18/2017, 02:25 PM
Here is the argument:

If you are using an app for sensitive work or matters: such as discussing secret business dealings and whatnot, and the app itself is not designed for corporate work like these, you are doing yourself in regardless.

I personally don't even care if whatever I say in discord gets leaked to other places, because I would have said the same in public anyway. Being able to discuss freely about games (and this information will pretty much be known to the public ANYWAY) without much to interfere is not something worth big bucks at all. Based on the very ToS I see there, the only personal thing they can get close to is my email, and an email I hardly use to begin with, and everything else I would say they will most likely find useless (things already known or whatnot). Also, Discord isn't the only application that could sell your data anyway, there are lots of apps out there that track the data you are transmitting in their own app for their use. In short, unless you are doing everything to ensure you are private to the extent you are basically on private services all the time, your data is at risk.

For work, I have something called Skype for Business. I have private corporate emails. I have paid services to ensure the things I am transmitting stay secret for as much as possible. For gaming unless it can track passwords (I do keylog myself to ensure there aren't any other illegal users of the device), I am okay with most of my things being public, because in gaming there are no real secrets. Teamspeak3 has that advantage of having the layer of security the corporate services have and optimised for gaming but that is the only thing. Discord's more appealing text channels and more interactive way to introduce bots and stuff defines the app. We are looking at servers with 1000 online at any given time.

You are right, you don't force others to change, but the main reason why Discord will remain a popular VoIP software is because of its premium grade services for free even though privacy may be a direct compromise. Use case and how much you divulge matters way more and you are right in that aspect. If you want yourself to be truly private, out of potential social media etc., even this forums that you are writing on is at risk. People have to realise that no matter how much you are trying to have your privacy, there are dozens of services out there tracking your every search on google and video you watch on Youtube, just to mention a few big names. That is the reason why I don't really care about "true privacy" in places where you don't really need it.

TL;DR: If you are worried about your data being sold, be very afraid, because I am sure at least some of everyone's data has already probably been sold even through supposedly legitimate entities.
View post on Tera forums#24 aeee9807/18/2017, 02:27 PM
gib wrote: »

It's free, so how do they make money? Selling your data! Think about it.


by your logic, all free games / applications make money by selling your data? do you even read what you say?
First things first, a ToS/ privacy policy is NOT a legally binding document. It's more a set of rules that both the user and the company agree to and it may or may not hold up in court. These things sometimes give the company more rights than they actually use, just in case they choose to at a later time (collecting data, sharing it with partners, etc.). So that in mind, they can't go to jail. It's like signing up for a contact.

So technically they are non-bright freeloaders by acting so innocent.

a quick google search tells you that terms of service are legally binding and do hold up in court

It is legal but do still read the ToS in case there are loopholes. There is a reason why Discord has changed its wording on its ToS multiple times to avoid these loopholes.
View post on Tera forums#25 Magraal07/18/2017, 11:00 PM
Just going to point out that Discord isn't doing anything that Twitter and/or Facebook aren't already doing. If you have accounts with either of those and are advocating against Discord, you're being rather hypocritical. The worst thing you could probably do is link Discord with either of those services, given that in the ToS it states they will collect information from linked services.
View post on Tera forums#26 PhoenixKiss07/19/2017, 03:44 AM
Just don't post something that they can use. Do people even read? I know the forum is called why you shouldn't use Discord, but really privacy is lacking huge by them! Also recording voice is just too much, bcause that's like a trojan. Not saying it's a trojan, but that is what it feels like to me. I for the record just take precaution and you yourself should too when using Discord or simply find another voice chat program that is better on privacy. Your ignorance when I actually give legit proof.

To be narrowed down.

Make an app-apple takes it off their store and shuts down.
Make an app-Gets sued by gamers, shuts down eventually because of lawsuit, sells it, and shuts down.
Make an app-Discord....Read precautions of why I see a pattern here.

This pattern makes so much sense to not even use it and if I really liked Discord for whatever reason, I would take precautions. I wouldn't post anything. I would just chat about the game, which clearly no one would even care about collecting it's data.

If you really care about your privacy, then be careful or find a new voice chat program.
View post on Tera forums#27 PhoenixKiss07/19/2017, 03:59 AM
aeee98 wrote: »
If you want yourself to be truly private, out of potential social media etc., even this forums that you are writing on is at risk.

Like someone would want this data of me talking about Discord of how bad it is on privacy; no one cares.

View post on Tera forums#28 aeee9807/19/2017, 07:24 AM
I don't know how to break it to you but, in any VoIP application your voice gets recorded for the means for transmitting the data. Of course the difference is client vs server side and who is handling the server, but regardless voice collection is and will almost always be the norm in VoIP, even if the said application doesn't say so.

If I were the creator of discord, I wouldn't be that stupid to keep the said voice data (we are looking at hundreds of terabytes of data every single day, the upkeep of holding this amount of data is way too much if you think about it). If we are talking about mobile UDIDs, okay those are strings which can be easily stored in databases. But over here we are looking at a very unlikely and extremely impractical wiretap. If anything is what you are really worried about it isn't a breach of privacy but rather a breach of security.

The reason why the app is closed is simple. The data collected is against their own ToS as well as Apple's own licensing ToS. The data OpenFeints leak wasn't exactly a privacy issue but again a security breach which then indirectly affects privacy. The sole reason why we explained why there is no reason to hate on discord is simple, even simpler since I have a development background. There is no real privacy in everything that is social. Things like UDID collection linking to questionable results like FB like in the case of OpenFeint has been a very normal thing if security measures are not put into place, more importantly encryption, which was the main reason why OpenFeint was sued. The amount of data Discord can collect in their servers is similar to the amount any other social media site, mobile game, VoIP etc. etc. that requires you to input data in of some sort.

I'd be lying if I tell you that there can be a voice program without security problems. Just because there is no notable attacks on TS3 doesn't mean it isn't vulnerable to privacy/security attacks within the server or application level. In short, the amount of distress you cause yourself by advocating other VoIP outside of discord due to a black history is honestly pointless. And again, if they sell your petabytes of voice data, I would laugh at the buyer because most of the data would most likely be garbage anyway.

Thus my answer is really clear, if I really care about my privacy, I wouldn't even consider a VoIP programme, and rely on actual telephony calls instead, or use a paid grade caller system like Skype to make paid calls across the world if completely necessary. No Teamspeak, no discord, no nothing. That is the only way to ensure your privacy cannot be breached. I don't, therefore I would want the easiest solution without sacrificing too much on security, and Discord fits the bill.

Anyways, read Discord's Privacy Policy closely once again. If needed, you can compare this to any other Privacy Policy you see in social media sites. The coverage you have is at a similar level or even slightly higher. Worst comes to worst, you can legally charge them for privacy problems if they actually break their own ToS.
View post on Tera forums#29 Ardire07/19/2017, 06:47 PM

Like someone would want this data of me talking about Discord of how bad it is on privacy; no one cares.

that's how i feel about 99% of the stuff you're saying, who would pay for discord data????? hello yes i would like to buy 1k worth of voice data of a bunch of nerds yelling about video games ok thanks

like what are you losers doing on VOIP that gets you in such a tizzy... handing out your credit card info??? honestly if you're that paranoid you should just stay inside 24/7, close your blinds and invest in some top line VPNs.
View post on Tera forums#30 PhoenixKiss07/20/2017, 01:34 AM
For the record if they are stealing your information, Discord has had serious vulnerabilities of break ins with bots on their servers. One other thing, Discord is still sharing EXIF Geo-location data and this was not too long ago.https://reddit.com/r/discordapp/comments/5r1tnc/discord_is_still_sharing_exif_geolocation_data/

I'm sorry, but still Discord is just bad. Discord can read your browser history too, since it's browser based. So still I will never use it! It's security is just so horrible!

This was like 5 months ago since this post. LIKE REALLY? I'm sorry I'll stick to TeamSpeak3. I'm just warning people, to be careful with it or not use it all. Thank you and happy gaming.
View post on Tera forums#31 PhoenixKiss07/20/2017, 01:54 AM
I think that people should be responsible for what they upload. Discord is just notorious. Just by the sources I'm finding about it. Teamspeak can be hacked, but it's more limited or what I mean is less likely because you have your own server, rather than their servers, which is only public test servers. However, it's easier on Discord. Just please don't be ignorant, because what I'm seeing you should be careful. If they sold OpenFeint for millions and then after it was never heard from again, then I have a problem that it's legit that they are selling your data.



View post on Tera forums#32 PhoenixKiss07/20/2017, 02:00 AM
BAM and did I say I was right?! These people are fact reading everything in your browser!

cassandra.apache.org/

https://blog.discordapp.com/how-discord-stores-billions-of-messages-7fa6ec7ee4c7

Really bad non-brights that act innocent, but aren't so innocent. I'm laughing right now.
View post on Tera forums#33 PhoenixKiss07/20/2017, 02:04 AM
Let me ask you one simple question, why on earth would they use cassandra? To steal your data and sell it of course. How ignorant are you people? Just be careful! That's all I want you do.
View post on Tera forums#34 Yamazuki07/20/2017, 03:29 AM
You are aware that the monitoring and selling of data pertaining to you starts right from the first step, your internet service provider. The vast majority of services on the internet, the isp itself, email, search engines, etc keep everything for a set period and while they have it some use it for their own gain. Some services allow you to turn off some of it, but even with it off it's not as if you are not being kept track of any longer.

If you don't want any information of yourself being used in any way, then unfortunately that simply isn't possible currently unless you do not use the internet or a cell phone.
View post on Tera forums#35 PhoenixKiss07/21/2017, 03:00 AM
There is no reason to manage this
Yamazuki wrote: »
You are aware that the monitoring and selling of data pertaining to you starts right from the first step, your internet service provider.

Here you are telling me this, yet you make it worse by using Discord. O.o

Also I lied your ISP doesn't sell your data, but Discord admits it by the use of Cassandra. There is no reason for them to monitor people's data!

Also if my IP sold my data, that would be illegal and second that's identity theft. Many Internet service providers (ISPs) have privacy policies that may cover this type of information. If an ISP shares or sells an individual's personal information in violation of its own privacy policy, a state attorney general could take the company to court.

Also Discord using Cassandra to manage data is ridiculous. Again there is no reason for them manage any data at all! So just be careful! I don't like how they blog about using Cassandra, which by the way hackers use it for a tool.

Also how easy Discord can be hacked, even more than Teamspeak!

Be careful what you browse while using the application and second what you post. Anyways happy gaming :awesome:



View post on Tera forums#36 counterpoint07/21/2017, 07:27 AM
BAM and did I say I was right?! These people are fact reading everything in your browser!

cassandra.apache.org/

https://blog.discordapp.com/how-discord-stores-billions-of-messages-7fa6ec7ee4c7

Really bad non-brights that act innocent, but aren't so innocent. I'm laughing right now.

Do you even have any idea what Cassandra is, or what that blog post is saying? They are not "reading everything in your browser" (WTF...) -- they are storing the messages people post in Discord so that people who join later can read the archives. This is part of the intended functionality of the service. It's not some sort of deep conspiracy or sinister plot. If they did not store it, there would be no archive. This is exactly the same as Slack, Microsoft Teams, and any other number of group chat web services. You might say "I don't want there to be an archive! Chat should be real-time and ephemeral!" but archive/search functionality is very useful and is one of the reasons these services exist in the first place. You need a way to store and manage that sort of "big data," and that's exactly what Cassandra is for.

I'm all for people being aware of how the services they use work, and keeping their privacy in mind. Yes, you take a risk with any web service that hosts your data, and you have to understand that if you're not paying for a product, you are the product. But at the same time, your posts are not reasoned discussions to inform. They're just anti-Discord screeds.
View post on Tera forums#37 aeee9807/21/2017, 09:06 AM
I will be honest. I am interested in the possible things you would discuss about when in a voice chat. It really seemed like you are extremely paranoid about the data that you are sharing is used by another person.

The GREE incident was actually quite obvious. GREE found that OpenFeint is not as useful as it should be in providing funds and scrapped it. I am quite sure data is transferred, but let's be honest here, we are talking about big data here. The most practical way to use this data is to see trends in marketing and the possible course of action business-wise. Have you actually used OpenFeint before? I have. The possible data that could be sent is at worst your UDID on your device. What can they actually do with that data to affect you in any way? I am rather glad that OpenFeint closed down because the service by itself didn't make sense.

On a corporate scale, there is absolutely nothing they want with your personal data. And most privacy laws (at least in the United States as well as the country I am in) deem the transferring of information to anyone outside the acquisition of property being illegal. So yes they can sell your data for all you know, but at the end of the day nothing really changes, unless you have broken the biggest mistake of revealing anything too personal online.

Stuff like EXIV and stuff are known for ages. It has been a common mistake in applications who don't mask their images, but rather just hosts the data. Sure some privacy such as the removal of EXIV data could be done (honestly in a large scale application like this, it is plausible but not a very important change due to use case). And most of the complaints have been made by similarly paranoid people about privacy issues. And as a developer myself I feel like the vast majority of them have been misinformed about the actual privacy issue when reality that most of the time it isn't a problem provided that the developers themselves put measures to ensure your data is in safe hands. And I am very sure the devs of Discord don't want a third case happening lol.
Again I'm not enforcing you to stop using it. I'm just sharing the precautions of what I've researched on this company of Discord. Everyone else that knows about them, they don't like it. Just so I'm just letting you know not everyone likes Discord. So you might should switch to something else.

Sorry I take the internet precautions more than most people. Don't take it the wrong way.

Again, you're in No position to decide for us stop deciding on us and you'll be golden
View post on Tera forums#39 Ardire07/21/2017, 05:40 PM
what if this whole thread is a farce and OP is just shilling out for teamspeak :thinking:
View post on Tera forums#40 Yamazuki07/21/2017, 10:35 PM
Also I lied your ISP doesn't sell your data
They do, to governments. Where do you think the US government gets a lot of its information? The idea of some super secret spy thing is just a movie thing, the reality is a lot of their information comes from internet and phone service providers. Even information they obtained on non-Americans came from service providers too with the authorization of the government in the region for many cases. For example, when European politicians were "shocked" the US government watched their citizens, yeah that was all an act. They authorized it themselves for data on their citizens to be shared.

If you're so concerned with data about you not being shared then you have to find a way to stop your government from getting it in the first place and doing as they please with it, because they abuse our data the most and sometimes to ruin the lives of innocent people.

Remember, governments have been lying and breaking rules for ages, and they are rewarded for doing so. Citizens do not pay the politicians, private businesses do.
View post on Tera forums#41 PhoenixKiss07/22/2017, 06:01 PM

Do you even have any idea what Cassandra is, or what that blog post is saying? They are not "reading everything in your browser" -- they are storing the messages people post in Discord so that people who join later can read the archives. This is part of the intended functionality of the service. It's not some sort of deep conspiracy or sinister plot. If they did not store it, there would be no archive. This is exactly the same as Slack, Microsoft Teams, and any other number of group chat web services. You might say "I don't want there to be an archive! Chat should be real-time and ephemeral!" but archive/search functionality is very useful and is one of the reasons these services exist in the first place. You need a way to store and manage that sort of "big data," and that's exactly what Cassandra is for. The fact that Discord is a centrally-hosted web service that doesn't require someone to install and manage a server is also part of the intended design for the service, and a big part of its usefulness. Again, you may not trust a company with this data, and feel better about some standalone server operator, but that model brings its own limitations, challenges, and security concerns.

Do you know what it is? First thing you see is 'Manage massive amounts of data, fast, without losing sleep'. Come on now!
Another reason is that there is no need to leave countless of posts from a month ago. People wouldn't care about what was posted during that time. This is not Facebook! This is a chat program!

And second no other voice chat does it. What I've seen from them in the past, makes them seem that they have a bad reputation. Therefore, I refuse to use them. I might speculate, but just OpenFeint got sued by gamers, so I'm going to say that's something to make huge assumptions and finding so many bad sources of what seems suspicious by them. AGAIN! I'm not here to force you to stop using Discord. Just keep in mind that some people don't like it because of the bad reputation from previous apps. So if you're starting a guild and most people in the guild don't like it, then don't use it! I don't know of the unknown and I've heard of people getting viruses from hackers very easily from Discord from bots. I just want people to be safe and that's my concern. There is no reason to argue upon this any longer. Just my approach was not well written at first and I apologize for that. Just when every one uses Discord, 'Which is Popular', not everyone likes it, and that's my point and I'm pointing out safety concerns. My admin tried Discord and hated it because Discord didn't have the control like Teamspeak does. Also hearing people that absolutely hate it on the internet and why makes me turn away from it.

I said this countless of times, YOU DON'T KNOW! Perhaps I worded slightly differently? You just don't know if they are selling your data, when they shouldn't. All I ask for you to do is be careful when using it. Not everything is safe on it. Yes there has been improvements I suppose, but really please take precautions.

View post on Tera forums#42 PhoenixKiss07/22/2017, 06:11 PM
I'm just typing my own opinions about it. If you don't concur with me, just take precautions while using Discord. This is the internet you know.
I said this countless of times, YOU DON'T KNOW!

THEN STOP COMPLAINING ! You have nothing to do with this ! You keep using TS3 while we use Discord. Again it's OUR decisions not yours think about this for a sec
View post on Tera forums#44 WolfMaster07/23/2017, 05:37 PM
I don't know about most other gamers or anyone else, but my friends and most my clients run a vpn/bridge system that and custom set firewalls. I have elements of discord blocked at the firewall and the vpb/bridge hides my location. My browser it set to clean everything every time it's shut down. Also and this is a big one for those that are paranoid, (you know who you are) Don't link your accounts or apps. My fb is not linked to discord. I keep all my accounts separate which also limits data recording. I even went full control and have everything not essential set to disabled or manual. I do like my privacy but your over paranoid about discord when it's easy to prevent or limit there data collection. Also I would say don't say or post anything you would want others to see. Let's be real, every app has data collection. Windows, apple, and android all do it and facebook/amazon are two of the biggest data farms in the world.
View post on Tera forums#45 PhoenixKiss07/24/2017, 03:18 PM
I said this countless of times, YOU DON'T KNOW!

THEN STOP COMPLAINING ! You have nothing to do with this ! You keep using TS3 while we use Discord. Again it's OUR decisions not yours think about this for a sec

I'm not, I'm just saying take precautions while using Discord. I'm been saying this for quite some time now.
View post on Tera forums#46 PhoenixKiss07/24/2017, 03:30 PM
I do like my privacy but your over paranoid about discord when it's easy to prevent or limit there data collection. Also I would say don't say or post anything you would want others to see. Let's be real, every app has data collection. Windows, apple, and android all do it and facebook/amazon are two of the biggest data farms in the world.

Exactly what I'm saying here. Don't post anything you don't won't others to see. Because in this case Discord probably would read it or collect it.

For the record of my thread. I just want people to precaution while using it. Especially bots that spread viruses. Also not everyone has a VPN service. If privacy is a concern for you, then simply don't use it. I do admit that I've heard from people getting viruses from Discord. So be careful on who you invite too.
View post on Tera forums#47 clfarron407/24/2017, 04:25 PM
Don't post anything you don't won't others to see.

This is like Internet Posting 101, not just Discord...
For the record of my thread. I just want people to precaution while using it. Especially bots that spread viruses. Also not everyone has a VPN service. If privacy is a concern for you, then simply don't use it. I do admit that I've heard from people getting viruses from Discord. So be careful on who you invite too.

Discord itself is not the problem when it comes to viruses. it's what people are bolting onto it. But that applies to every other Internet connected service...

View post on Tera forums#48 Acetylide07/25/2017, 02:30 AM
People been asking why I hate it. Well, it's hard to explain every detail about it in global chat. I'm just stating to why I HATE IT so much. Plus what's this app called squirrel.app that it comes with? Simply JUNK! Because I don't want this JUNK on my computer!

Information You Provide: We collect information from you when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you register for access to the Services or use certain Services. Information we collect may include but not be limited to username, email address, and any messages, images, transient VOIP data (to enable communication delivery only) or other content you send via the chat feature.

Don't believe me?

ve7j20.png

Collecting any voice is too far!

It's the same guy that owns Discord.

https://techcrunch.com/2015/08/27/discord-citron/
https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/1236-gamers-sue-openfeint-in-class-action-lawsuit/

Compared to Teamspeak. This is it. More secure on your privacy.

https://teamspeak.com/privacy.html
  1. IP address of the users
  2. Used operation system and type (32 or 64 bit)
  3. Data about user behavior (particularly clicks, used menus)
  4. Crash report (program line, incident, basic data of computer hardware used)

I'm not advertising Teamspeak 3 nor do I work for them, I've been on Teamspeak 3 since Perfect World International times with my adopted family/friends of gamers, so to speak of. It's safe and secure to use Teamspeak 3. So if you want to use Discord go ahead and do so. I'm just warning you that your privacy has been compromised! So I simply will never use DISCORD, EVER!

Discord=Just simply disconnect the cord from it. Just don't use it! Get it? Discord.

Then you'll probably want to just completely cut yourself off from any & all internet use, because pretty much everyone is connected to it via cable and have a static IP address, unlike dynamic in the old days of dial-up. Your own ISP can track where & when you connect to websites & other servers. Personally, I think the only people that should have concerns are those who are doing something morally questionable or illegal. I could care less if someone tracks which websites I go to or what programs I have installed on my system. What are they going to do, come out of nowhere and ostracize me for going to a particular news site or shopping at this or that website?
View post on Tera forums#49 PhoenixKiss07/25/2017, 05:15 AM
Then you'll probably want to just completely cut yourself off from any & all internet use, because pretty much everyone is connected to it via cable and have a static IP address, unlike dynamic in the old days of dial-up. Your own ISP can track where & when you connect to websites & other servers. Personally, I think the only people that should have concerns are those who are doing something morally questionable or illegal. I could care less if someone tracks which websites I go to or what programs I have installed on my system. What are they going to do, come out of nowhere and ostracize me for going to a particular news site or shopping at this or that website?

Discord is TRASH TO ME! I have my own opinions about it. Use Discord all you want or not at all if you don't like the invasion of privacy. Your ignorance is foolish about precautions. If you don't care about who tracks you or which websites you go to, you're one step to theft on yourself. The fact of the matter is that you should care! Don't post something that is personal on Discord!

keep-calm-and-take-precaution.png

keep-calm-and-move-on-with-life-14.png


View post on Tera forums#50 kubitoid07/25/2017, 07:16 AM
dont install software that you have no trust in to avoid such kind of drama. simple as dead penguin. peace
View post on Tera forums#51 Acetylide07/26/2017, 02:22 AM
Then you'll probably want to just completely cut yourself off from any & all internet use, because pretty much everyone is connected to it via cable and have a static IP address, unlike dynamic in the old days of dial-up. Your own ISP can track where & when you connect to websites & other servers. Personally, I think the only people that should have concerns are those who are doing something morally questionable or illegal. I could care less if someone tracks which websites I go to or what programs I have installed on my system. What are they going to do, come out of nowhere and ostracize me for going to a particular news site or shopping at this or that website?

Discord is TRASH TO ME! I have my own opinions about it. Use Discord all you want or not at all if you don't like the invasion of privacy. Your ignorance is foolish about precautions. If you don't care about who tracks you or which websites you go to, you're one step to theft on yourself. The fact of the matter is that you should care! Don't post something that is personal on Discord!

I don't use Discord and have no need to do so. I would be more concerned about potential threats from other Discord users than I would from the program itself.
Why would I care about my website visits being tracked? What are they going to steal from me? I don't use any kind of online banking, and any transactions I make that are monetary and/or require personal information are done so via encryption. I use reliable and up-to-date antivirus software, a firewall, and software that protects the system from configuration drift & unwanted MBR changes. I use a simple, but effective email system from my ISP that provides additional layers of security in regards to email threats. This is BASIC protection! The level of sophistication required to get through that just to steal my information, money, etc., isn't something you're going to encounter unless you're a complete idiot, or as I said before, doing something illegal and/or morally questionable.

I've read through everything in the privacy statement. You don't have to link your social media to Discord. When you do link them, that is when Discord gathers the data, so the simple solution is to not link them. Seriously, the only individuals that would have a problem with it are schizoids or criminals. For now, you can start by taking off your tin-foil hat and asking yourself the question, "Why would anyone bother singling me out and going through the hassle of sifting through my tracking history and/or social media exchanges and somehow use it against me? Why?"
View post on Tera forums#52 PhoenixKiss07/26/2017, 07:42 PM
I should of titled forum thread as, 'This is why I THINK you should not use Discord'. Because it's my opinions!

Look it up yourself in your app data.

As a bonus, all of the javascript from the discordapp website is run as Nodejs in electron. This essentially elevates any small xss vuln into a full blown remote access problem. I'm still looking into this. Since someone mention it somewhere, but did not really explain further into it.

Discord is backed by venture capitalist companies. These venture capitalist companies have invested over $9,000,000 into the company behind Discord. I am sure if you know what a venture capitalist firm is, you already will hate Discord. Venture capitalist firms generally target IT startups to hand the company startup costs, etc. In exchange the venture capitalist firm has equity. Let's say that Discord gets everything up and running for about $3,000,000 and then they sell it for $80,000,000 to some Japanese company. Discord original founders pull all support, they collect their fat paycheck and walk away.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1626228?start=0&tstart=0

https://gizmodo.com/5028459/aurora-feint-iphone-app-delisted-for-lousy-security-practices

So this is my honest opinion, the future of Jason Citron's apps, well just simply answers it for me. I posted numerous of postings, but these are more legit sources that show it to be true. Apple found the mistake and shut it down!

First of all, Aurora Feint was a game that Jason Citron helped create for iOS devices. With an interest in making big money. Their application would dig into your cellphone contact list and send all of your contact information to their servers without encryption.

My conclusion stops here. If Discord gets sold in a few more years, then I know I'm right. March 6, 2015 It's not that old. I don't know what will happen in a few years. October 2001; 15 years ago is Teamspeak.

Here's my thoughts by year gap

-OpenFeint-February 17, 2009
-In April 2011, Japanese company GREE, Inc. bought OpenFeint for US$104 million
-On November 16, 2012, GREE announced that it would be discontinuing the service on December 14, 2012

-July 7, 2008-Aurora Feint
-All versions of Aurora Feint have been removed from AppStore since July 14, 2012 because of the leaks of security.

https://r4p3.net/threads/what-is-discord.861/

These are actual sources and just how it adds up, makes me not want to use Discord.


View post on Tera forums#53 PhoenixKiss07/26/2017, 08:09 PM
If you probably don't know my intentions, I simply want fellow Tera players to be safe, if they plan to still use Discord. So that means precaution and be careful on what you post. Because everything is on Discord servers and not your own.
View post on Tera forums#54 Firefly003707/29/2017, 03:27 PM
oh look it's literally any permission that any voip program out there needs to function. nothing new here
View post on Tera forums#55 EnerG08/01/2017, 05:24 PM
Honestly somebody has something on you from the day you're born, teamspeak is trash and discord is better. They wanna sell my link to a Facebook or scocial media? Well all they gonna get linked to are old cat memes and my fat [filtered]. The point is unless you go around joining shady servers or shoving your credit card info into every chat there's only so much they can take, most of the threat comes from other users not the company.
View post on Tera forums#56 PhoenixKiss08/02/2017, 12:38 AM
EnerG wrote: »
Honestly somebody has something on you from the day you're born, teamspeak is trash and discord is better. They wanna sell my link to a Facebook or scocial media? Well all they gonna get linked to are old cat memes and my fat [filtered]. The point is unless you go around joining shady servers or shoving your credit card info into every chat there's only so much they can take, most of the threat comes from other users not the company.

You're entitled to your own opinions. However, just by the looks of the reputation of past apps, I don't trust them. I really hate repeating myself! If you probably don't know my intentions, I simply want fellow Tera players to be safe, if they plan to still use Discord. So that means precaution and be careful on what you post. Because everything is on Discord servers and not your own.
View post on Tera forums#57 DarthPhallus08/29/2017, 04:27 PM
Hi,

I'm a IT Security Analyst by trade, and I dropped my VPN connection just so that I could sign into this forum because I also wanted to chip in my 2 pence. I'm not questioning anyone's opinion, but I am providing more information for both sides to consider.

Regarding venture capitalists, etc, I'd like to point out that I used to pay the subscription to use Whatsapp until they were bought out. Now it's free.

I find static IPs to be better than dynamic for a number of work/personal reasons, first and foremost is convenience over obfuscation. Depending on the risk appetite of online services, they can enforce a number of different controls, some of which would annoy me, e.g. CAPTCHA every time I want to sign into a service because I have a new unauthenticated address. en masse Account Armour, Steam Guard, are both good examples of this.

Re: VPNs, this encrypts your data end to end but if you need to authenticate to a service, your activity logs and privacy are at the same level.

Some web services offer SSO functionality by using your social media accounts to authenticate you, e.g. The Book of Faces, Google+ (RIP). Basic information is passed in order to build your account, there are no in-depth concerns about granting access. There are more wider spread concerns around the use of OAuth2.0, not privacy.

"As a bonus, all of the javascript from the discordapp website is run as Nodejs in electron. This essentially elevates any small xss vuln into a full blown remote access problem. I'm still looking into this. Since someone mention it somewhere, but did not really explain further into it."
Yes, you should look further into this. This does not essentially elevate any small XSS vuln into a full remote access, remote code execute, memory buffer overflow, etc.... Bad coding does. just like any other run-time environment, it is forever vulnerable to exploits, but where discovered, they seek to plug any holes just as any other engine. Probably the worst offenders are Flash and Oracle Java, yet these are still very popular.

As with any service you wish to use, it is important to consider the benefit of the service, convenience, and your risk appetite. Personally I feel that I have sufficient control and security over my gaming PC that I am not concerned about the security or privacy statement for Discord, since I know others are weaker, I can argue that's a low appetite for risk, but also an acceptable risk. This is my personal position on security/risk/privacy.

Food for thought: There is a changing perception within cyber security/intelligence circles, that if you are using a VPN, ToR, SSL/SSH tunneling, what are you trying to hide?
View post on Tera forums#58 PhoenixKiss08/29/2017, 08:43 PM
Just do searches on the internet and you'll find that many people have been hacked greatly. Discord has had some security updates, but still it's very weak on exploits. The thread is closed. Use at your own risk. If you want to use an app that has bad reputation on past apps, just go ahead. All I inform you is to be careful when using Discord, that is all!
View post on Tera forums#59 Feliciana08/31/2017, 06:49 AM
First and foremost I have no need to use Discord and never have nor do I have any use for TeamSpeak either. Your posting sounds like you are trying to force your views down everyone's throat, that being said, your privacy went out the window when you hooked up to the Internet. Doing research on an application and using common sense tend to go a long ways. This whole discussion sounds to me like someone up on their pulpit giving a fire and brimstone sermon.
View post on Tera forums#60 BattlePopo08/31/2017, 05:35 PM
Lot of paranoia. Unless people are directly affected or threatened, most don't care about privacy, unless you have something to hide. What is there to be afraid of?
View post on Tera forums#61 J9E7KJTG7J09/24/2017, 08:31 AM
Read all of this and still will be using Discord tonight. :p
View post on Tera forums#62 PhoenixKiss10/06/2017, 06:08 AM
Feliciana wrote: »
First and foremost I have no need to use Discord and never have nor do I have any use for TeamSpeak either. Your posting sounds like you are trying to force your views down everyone's throat, that being said, your privacy went out the window when you hooked up to the Internet. Doing research on an application and using common sense tend to go a long ways. This whole discussion sounds to me like someone up on their pulpit giving a fire and brimstone sermon.

First of all, I did research! I provided links and everything on the history on this Jason Citron guy. I don't like the history of his past apps-it's so horrible or otherwise has exploit probems. Look at my thread post history! You will see the research links about this guy! So really I'm just informing that literally you should consider on being careful of what you post on Discord. For all I know, they might beable to read anything on your computer and sell that information! This guy has LITERALLY GOTTEN SUED BY GAMERS BEFORE like once or twice! I don't trust it! Seriously though, if you want to continue using it, go ahead, just precaution yourself on your posts. I feel like a broken record now repeating this over and over! IS THAT CLEAR!? I'm informing people and literally concerned about people's safety while gaming!

Happened not too long ago. So really it could happen! Be careful! The way Discord was designed is so horrible and literally so easy to hack! It still has problems today! By now Discord should be better! It's technically it's a concern for me. Still I care less of what you use, while gaming! AGAIN AND AGAIN....PRECAUTION! Don't ignore it! I just happen to type Discord being hacked on google and guess what, September 8, 2017 this video was posted. Discord still has exploit problems! October 6, 2017 as I post this, not too long ago for September 8, 2017 of Discord being hacked.

[video]

I'm not trying to force people to switch to Teamspeak3, however there is something to consider, and if you like more control over your server-Teamspeak3 is the way to go! Mumble is really clear too. Don't tell me Teamspeak3 isn't clear! Do you know that you can change the sensitivity of the mic right and volume of the speaker? Simply it's their mic that sounds horrible! I hear everyone fine on Teamspeak3!
Just because it free for Discord, there are many voiceapps with better security. For all I care, you can literally get a Teamspeak3 server for free (100-200 people for free!), by websites that host Teamspeak3 servers, but they get donations to keep it going; still abit cheaper by the month.

If you got hacked before or are afraid of being hacked now? Still please don't give me hard time! Simply PLEASE! Again I'm just spreading precaution of what I know. Don't overlook this thread, because I don't want this happening to people! Simply be mature about it. Really appreciate it.
View post on Tera forums#63 PhoenixKiss10/06/2017, 06:30 AM
J9E7KJTG7J wrote: »
Read all of this and still will be using Discord tonight. :p

No you didn't and dont' tell me LOL exploiter hacked by exploiter! I've been down this road before and I think people act upon really thinking and also literally don't read to why I'm posting this forum. *COUGH* This Discord is for your precaution, so use Discord at your own risk! Ironic as it is, I researched what the heck is Roblux, so technically this guy is exploit modder for Roblux.

[video]
View post on Tera forums#64 PhoenixKiss10/06/2017, 08:50 PM
Just literally if you research about this guy, you will might think suspicious of him. Honestly if the guy got sued by gamers once before, there is a legit reason not use his programs! That's my opinion! A guy that literally makes money selling your data! How do you even get junk mail ads in your email?-DISCORD! So really that's why I'm telling you to precaution for petes sake! It's not like they can see your social pin number or credit card number info or anything. However, being hacked by these hackers on Discord, which happen alot, I wouldn't use it! You never know if a past guildie that you kicked for drama decides to hack your server channel with viruses! This is a common problem of Discord! If it wasn't the case, I might use Discord with precaution of what I post on it, so that Discord won't bother me about selling my data. I just prefer Teamspeak3, because I've been gaming on MMOs since Perfect World International was popular, which is now a bunch of non-fixed optimization errors from patches.
View post on Tera forums#65 MistyTera12/15/2017, 09:26 PM
This is one another reason to why I don't like Discord. Still use Discord if you want to, I can't stop you. However, I found this interesting.

In ram, discord has 3 processes vs ts3 which only has 1 process and each process consumes more than the one Ts3 uses. Discord keeps the process open longer. In CPU

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/586044-why-discord-sucks/

This is a well explanation to why I hate it so much. So consider the following. I just have my concerns about it.
View post on Tera forums#66 Anotsu01/04/2018, 06:23 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia
This is disturbing. I think you need help, honestly it might affect others so stop.
View post on Tera forums#67 Goldengoldy01/05/2018, 05:25 PM
@OP
Not only do you break several forum rules with your late posts, you also seem to be in need of psycho therapy (in case you're not a really dedicated troll).
Just stop, dude, please.
View post on Tera forums#68 FODOKCH01/06/2018, 04:24 AM
U are saying that we have to fight against the internet provider too !!! U do not have the idea the conversations and other things saved ( or not) on your internet service provider's server, ur SMS,ur calls, ur nudes, ur protocols, ur links... I worked in internet service provider's before, and i know what i am saying.
View post on Tera forums#69 MistyTera01/06/2018, 09:13 PM
Wow thanks... :# for that. It's been known that Discord has some security issues. Also it's not your full own control over it, that's a problem for me. That's why I don't use it! I don't trust a guy that got sued by gamers with Aurora Feint-THAT'S THE MAIN REASON! There are legit reasons to why to why I don't use it. People ask me why I don't like Discord, there you go, I gave my reasons. All I said was to precaution using Discord! You probably don't understand what a Venture Capitalist even is?! I only said that Teamspeak is better for people if they have issues with memory they have available, basically. GET OF MY BACK!
@OP
Not only do you break several forum rules with your late posts, you also seem to be in need of psycho therapy (in case you're not a really dedicated troll).
Just stop, dude, please.

Why do people say dude? Seriously stop assuming genders with people! Late posts against the rules? Since when? I have my reasons, that's not paranoia, so I have my opinions and facts. DISCORD IS FREE? Here's a duh-Teamspeak3 client is FREE! There's a reason to why it's FREE entirely! Think about it! If DISCORD is free, then how are they going to pay back the millions to investors? If it's "free" chances are YOU are the product being sold! Also Internet providers, they don't care about your data, since most of them don't. The FCC's rules have made this choice an opt-in measure instead, meaning that ISPs couldn't sell data without the customer's explicit consent! So Discord you can't literally do that take control of the data being sold!

Comcast:

We do not sell our broadband customers' individual web browsing history. We did not do it before the FCC's rules were adopted, and we have no plans to do so.

TOTALLY LEGIT! They don't care! They make money without selling data. DUH!

Verizon:

Let's set the record straight. Verizon does not sell the personal web browsing history of our customers. We don't do it and that's the bottom line.

Mobile companies read your data by limit charges, not selling your data!

https://engadget.com/2017/03/31/atandt-comcast-and-verizon-explain-that-they-dont-sell-your-brow/





View post on Tera forums#70 FODOKCH01/07/2018, 02:29 AM
HAHAHAHA u r just a kid in this big world, the company dont sell ur data but a simple employee can.
View post on Tera forums#71 MistyTera01/07/2018, 11:17 PM
You don't even read! I gave evidence and you're just incompetent to even understand what a venture capitalist even is. You read every link and come back with your facts OK. If Jason Citron got sued on past apps, so that's a legit reason for me! They sell information to companies READ THE PRIVACY POLICY~THEY READ YOUR DEVICE ID! I have my reasons because the guy got sued and that's enough evidence for me to not use it! I hate reposting links.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.adweek.com/digital/openfeint-lawsuit-gree/amp/
View post on Tera forums#72 Ardire01/08/2018, 03:15 PM
i've been meaning to say this for awhile but mistytera every single one of your forum posts reads so alike to a string of trump tweets that it's nigh uncanny. blows me away honestly. it'd be impressive it was an act but since you're serious it's just genuinely troubling.... hope u find help soon (dude)
View post on Tera forums#73 MistyTera01/08/2018, 07:59 PM
Ardire wrote: »
i've been meaning to say this for awhile but mistytera every single one of your forum posts reads so alike to a string of trump tweets that it's nigh uncanny. blows me away honestly. it'd be impressive it was an act but since you're serious it's just genuinely troubling.... hope u find help soon (dude)

Look I don't know if you understand my motives? From what I researched about this Jason Citron, I just don't like it!

Discord secretly raised ~$50M led by Index Ventures, along with Institutional Venture Partners and previous investors Spark Capital, Benchmark and Greylock Partners. How can you pay the funds back off of nothing? SELLING YOUR DATA!

Like most free to use apps, the key to the riches is in collecting user data.

Discord can collect anonymous data to analyse and predict future trends, or sell these info to marketers. You people really need to understand what a venture capitalists does!

Citron was just 26 years old when he and Cassley sold OpenFeint, their social platform for mobile games, to GREE, a social networking service, in 2011 for $104 million.

classactionlawsuitsinthenews.com/class-action-lawsuit-complaints/openfeint-green-international-privacy-class-action-lawsuit-complaint/

In April 2011, Japanese company GREE, Inc. bought OpenFeint for US$104 million.

In 2011, OpenFeint was party to a class action suit with allegations including computer fraud, invasion of privacy, breach of contract, bad faith and seven other statutory violations. According to a news report "OpenFeint's business plan included accessing and disclosing personal information without authorization to mobile-device application developers, advertising networks and web-analytic vendors that market mobile applications". The class action suit was later voluntarily dismissed.

It's like he sold it and let them deal with it. What a dirt! Like seriously why hasn't this got soaked in your brains?

On November 16, 2012, GREE announced that it would be discontinuing the service on December 14, 2012, primarily in favor of its own similar platform.

Smart move Jason Citron, smart move!

It's obvious and you have to be incompetent to ignore it. Use it all you want, but for the record of what I've been telling you, be careful on what you post! I made that statement countless of times!
View post on Tera forums#74 Khatarsis01/12/2018, 05:53 PM
Misty, you are not the customer, you are the product being sold, to us, I'm not into management but for this a suspension at least is worthy, to get you straight.
View post on Tera forums#75 MistyTera01/15/2018, 09:30 PM
Khatarsis wrote: »
Misty, you are not the customer, you are the product being sold, to us, I'm not into management but for this a suspension at least is worthy, to get you straight.

AGAIN...Use Discord all you want, but for the record of what I've been telling you, be careful on what you post! I made that statement countless of times! If this really bothers you? Why do you care to make a post arguing about it, while I'm here stating that you should precaution when using it? Because this guy got sued on past apps! There's a legit reason to why I suggest be careful on what you post! You don't know, but most likely when it's free, you are the product being sold!

I mean really how are they making money? Explain that and get back with me.

01/GAMEBRIDGE. Revenue Potential: SaaS for Developers (third-party)
02/STREAMKIT. Revenue Potential: Revenue sharing/3rd party app integration/Steam competitor (third-party)
03/GAME REVENUE SHARING. Revenue Potential: Game sales revenue sharing/Steam competitor (third-party)
04/NITRO (NO ONE HARDLY USES IT-HAD SO MANY SECURITY ISSUES)
05/ADVERTISING (MEANING YOU!)

Wondering how we’ll make money? In the future there will be optional cosmetics like themes, sticker packs, and sound packs available for purchase. We’ll never charge for Discord’s core functionality-QUOTE DISCORD

Also merchandise clothing. Really?

Are they really making that much off game revenue? SIMPLY DATA REVENUE!

THIRD-PARTY SERVICES!

Revenue by data. DATA!

I suggest you try to avoid all third-party and make it so simple based for yourself. It will add up of lost for Discord. Also I don't think many people use it as such, so technically I'm quite accurate.

So what's the verdict? Be careful when using Discord! I don't care if you still use it, I'm just stating this is Discord's revenue!

Data anonymization is a type of information sanitation whose intent is privacy protection. It is the process of either encrypting or removing personally identifiable information from data sets, so that the people whom the data describe remain anonymous. However, you're technically responsible for anything you post, as stated in the ToS and/or PrivacyPolicy; so who knows? So any game revenue, there is your personal information involved, which they lie to you. Using Cassandra is quite the data mine! If your read Discord's TOS/PrivacyPolicy, it's quite contradicting. Even on reddit they have mention they don't share personal information because of lawyers, meaning they have dealt with it before, but still they do the same procedures for their revenue, just like AuoraFeint and OpenFeint.

https://blog.discordapp.com/how-discord-stores-billions-of-messages-7fa6ec7ee4c7

Let me ask you something. Why do they care about backup, it's your data! Where's your FACTS?! All I got was, "Oh this like a Trump tweet". You know nothing about Trump and for the record you're insulting our president! Technically you can't do much better than those comments! The problem is coming to an agreement and my agreement is that you should be careful on how you use Discord! That's my point! Because you don't know how they really use your data and surely I can't actually prove they they do. All and all, I'm can't fathom, but something saying on the back of mind is saying, be careful! It's what I see on past apps that it gets way too personal! So this is what I ask of you and this is my motive/intention to precaution while using Discord!

LET ME REMIND YOU, JUST BE CAREFUL ON WHAT YOU POST! I DON'T CARE IF YOU USE DISCORD! LET THAT SOAK IN!

MOVING ON....I know people don't even read and soak up facts, so that's why I CAPS. They read just the small parts, with ignorance.

I just wouldn't post something that's personal, like pornography or something real personal. Also providing your information through third-party will make it accessible for more solicitation. If you don't care, be my guest. Having something that's Web-Based just makes it so easy for data-mining! It's a Web-RTC anyways. Really I'm tired of addressing all this information to people that can't even put facts together! Welcome to your Discord people!

View post on Tera forums#76 CornishRex01/16/2018, 06:43 AM
Calm down your paranoia, this is disturbing to read
View post on Tera forums#77 MistyTera01/16/2018, 08:33 PM
Yes it should be disturbing, because all this information makes it seem legitimate. I hope you learned something! Learn to appreciate people that know common sense with the world around them. I might seem arrogant, but really I'm just aware by researching the history. It's not like you would, but seriously anyone can exploit themselves and anyone going by third-party will get solicitation. This absolutely kills me! Discord doesn't own discord.com, but owns discordapp.com; that looks bad for a company. They should off named the app to something besides Discord, avoid bad appearances by other domains that release malware. Also they say they can share information with affiliates. http://hammerandchisel.com/privacy/ So the policy changes by hammer&chisel and they say that they can share any information among basically anyone, meaning advertisers. https://hired.com/company/hammer-chisel-discord
Testing should be limited to sites and services that Discord directly operates. We will not accept reports for third-party services or providers that integrate with Discord through our APIs. They don't accept third-party reports, when they make profit from them by sharing revenue....WHAT?! They should deal with all reports! Yeah be careful on what you post! This is unprofessional!
https://discordapp.com/security
View post on Tera forums#78 MistyTera01/16/2018, 11:19 PM
THREAD IS CLOSED. DON'T BE A FOOL! USE DISCORD APPROPRIATELY AND MOSTLY USE UT AS JUST A VOICE PROGRAM WHILE GAMING.
View post on Tera forums#79 Anotsu01/25/2018, 10:38 PM
No it's not closed. Discord is a great app, do not speak badly of it.
[filtered] you're hard to deal with.
View post on Tera forums#80 MistyTera01/27/2018, 05:24 AM
Yeah I understand! Do you want me to be a broken record? Just don't use it foolishly that creates really bad solicitation upon yourself or something else that can really exploit yourself, because Jason Citron is all for it secretly. Past apps of his has proved it worthy, because his apps got sued by gamers. Use it all you want, still it's not your own control server like Teamspeak. Just don't give them a reason to use your information. It seems no one can back it up these speculated claims; the history says so. By the way, stop your cursing like a callow!
View post on Tera forums#81 MistyTera01/27/2018, 05:43 AM
Consultation for all on Discord. Just move on with life too! Stop callowing. The only reason to really why I even made this precautionary thread was for privacy sake!
View post on Tera forums#82 AxeI02/01/2018, 12:19 PM
I would advice the OP to document themselves well before making accusations, the level of ignorance is appalling.
View post on Tera forums#83 MistyTera02/04/2018, 06:41 AM
AxeI wrote: »
I would advice the OP to document themselves well before making accusations, the level of ignorance is appalling.

Read this line... ON THE POLICY! You can look on the privacy policy yourself! The privacy policy is really messed up to avoid court claims. Just know that I know how this company functions. Just do yourself a favor and read why I say precaution.

Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution or similar event, your information may be part of the transferred assets.

This company of Hammer & Chisel got sued by gamers on past apps! I literally gave those sources! So where is your head at? I don't care if you use Discord or not! Do you use it to exploit yourself or do you use it for gaming chat? That's how common sense will hurt you, because you don't know! I have my perspective by how Discord makes use of it's monetization on gaining profit by source. I read the catch print and the history of this company. It's just enough to point out for your own sake to avoid exposure on privacy of your data. If you don't care, just carry on. Don't post. Appreciate it.


View post on Tera forums#84 AxeI02/20/2018, 03:03 PM
MistyTera wrote: »
AxeI wrote: »
I would advice the OP to document themselves well before making accusations, the level of ignorance is appalling.

Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution or similar event, your information may be part of the transferred assets.

I think you don't even understand the full context of that statement. If by any chance Hammer & Chisels gets bought by x company (corporate sale) their assets will be transferred to such company. At the moment of dissolution, bankruptcy or any other similar event, Hammer & Chisels can sell Discord along with all the assets that belong to it, yes this includes our information.

Not sure where you got the information but Hammer & Chisels (Discord owners) haven't gotten sued in the 3 years of its release, so I'm not sure where you're getting all this conflictive information.

Second, if we assume your premise is right, why do you care so much? If you care so much about your information being sold you should stop using the internet as a whole, cause guess what, all companies do it. If you're not an important public figure you shouldn't be worrying, you'd have all the right to be alarmed.
View post on Tera forums#85 TLX03/12/2018, 03:25 PM
MistyTera is drunk,be careful. Joke, but i read the first page of this thread and i make a mess.
View post on Tera forums#86 Starkhoe03/15/2018, 12:46 PM
Wow you're like a conspiracy theorist on steroids. I love it. There is one problem though. What you said can apply to almost anything. In fact, in a way, the only so called "final solution" to all of this, would be to either stop people from using applications like Discord (not going to happen because people love free stuff), or even take it one step further, shutting down the entire internet (if that's even possible). Those are theoretically the only way to truly surf online safely.

I mean Discord is just one entity right. What about Facebook? Twitter? The Cloud? Youtube? they all have BS policies and manipulative ways of collecting and selling personal information to whichever third parties pay the most. Everyone with two cents knows that, yet practically everyone uses those, while being fully aware that they are most likely being exploited and having their data collected to build up whatever next business model is gonna become the more dominant one on the market. My point being, you can`t stop the corruption and you can`t stop people from jumping head first into seemingly profitable "free" models. Because like it or not when it comes to these things, everyone is going to get used in some way. Literally, everyone logging into anything puts them at some kind of risk. Officially and unofficially as one. Even downsizing you're online data manually, still means you're connected to the internet. Social security numbers, public records, you're own bank accounts, and thats not even the tip of iceberg of what actually gets documented by you, without you're knowledge via policies imposed on the general public by so many entities, I doubt anyone here would even be able to name all of them.

Look, i`m not saying that you're wrong or paranoid, you have presented some facts I won`t attempt to argue over. In fact, I hate arguing in these matters because there's always gonna be someone out there that does these things for a living (or simply has no life at all), and that person could present information I wasn't even aware of. Its a lose lose battle, just by getting into it. Thats how bad things really are imo. I understand that you are trying to raise awareness over a subject that you feel strongly about. However surely you realize that you can`t beat the machine. Especially not in a place like this. Because in Tera in specific, id say that only a handful of people even want to be aware of these things. Most people just get by.
View post on Tera forums#87 MistyTera03/15/2018, 06:21 PM
What you state is practically true, it's their problem. Whatever.
View post on Tera forums#88 TwilitAbyss03/20/2018, 03:53 AM
I've been using Discord for well over a year now and I've never experienced any problems with it. In fact I prefer it over TeamSpeak and Skype due to lack of lag or freeze-ups when chatting with my gaming buddies. I just find it more reliable tbh
View post on Tera forums#89 MistyTera03/20/2018, 02:55 PM
I've been using Discord for well over a year now and I've never experienced any problems with it. In fact I prefer it over TeamSpeak and Skype due to its lack of lag or freeze-ups when chatting with my gaming buddies. I just find it more reliable tbh

I don't care and it's just a fact that Hammer&Chisel got sued by gamers. Use Discord, just don't be foolish use and giving them reason to use that data. I was done! PLEASE STOP or I will report for harassment!

View post on Tera forums#90 TwilitAbyss03/21/2018, 11:31 AM
MistyTera wrote: »
I've been using Discord for well over a year now and I've never experienced any problems with it. In fact I prefer it over TeamSpeak and Skype due to its lack of lag or freeze-ups when chatting with my gaming buddies. I just find it more reliable tbh

I don't care and it's just a fact that Hammer&Chisel got sued by gamers. Use Discord, just don't be foolish use and giving them reason to use that data. I was done! PLEASE STOP or I will report for harassment!

The problem is that whatever you post, hackers can steal that. The fact of WTS my body speech on Global Chat. Are you insane? Posting pics on Discord like that! GROW UP! Hackers can steal that information like a ghost! I'm sure there are many cases of that happening. For the record Discord is the MOST UNPROTECTED VOIP I HAVE EVER SEEN! Even when updates, hackers find a way. Discord are amateurs when it comes to protection. Yet it still is happening! You don't care, but I do!

The fact that you can't delete the account! READ THE COMMENTS! https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/212500837-How-do-I-permanently-delete-my-account-?

States a fact that Discord wants your DATA!

AND I WAS RIGHT!

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/212500837/comments/204774778

What I'm stating to all is to use it appropriately, rather than use it foolishly. It should be only voice chat for gaming, not a exploit! Post YouTube videos or what not, just not something that can be used upon you by any personal means. Have a nice day. I'm done!

[Make this thread closed PLEASE] No reason to give any more post. I just want you to understand something, to use Discord appropriately.

Look man, I'm not sure where you got the idea where I was "harassing" you, I was merely explaining my reasons for using Discord. Thus you would be falsely reporting which IS harassment by the way in case you weren't aware. And who said anything about sharing pics on it? I only use the voice call feature on it and nothing more. Take a chill pill, fam. Relax. Breathe. It's not that big a deal in any case.
View post on Tera forums#91 MistyTera03/21/2018, 08:01 PM
No, I'm just tired of people posting about this topic when I was done, though giving me reason to post again, even after months time! Really don't waste your time please, because it's not worth my spills of evidence; I do have more! I proved by evidence what type of company Discord is. Unprofessional! So why would I throw all this hard evidence? The reason is that Hammer&Chisel, which is Discord and I'm stating the facts of this company got sued! It's a endless circle of the same procedures to make their money. If this company can shape up and do what is right, I might use it. If Discord would just use side-ads like YouTube does (without links-to avoid-malware hackers), they wouldn't have to deal with money by selling your data. The fact that they do, is down-right invasion of privacy. I proved it by comments I found from sources! So my question is how can you deal with all this mess? Well, I'm fed up with Discord! So my precaution advice was only for your sake! If you don't care, go about your day. No appreciation, when really there are people that care about that privacy, because they don't like dealing with it. That's why I posted this thread, yet all just give me a hard time! Discord makes it so difficult to opt in and out of notifications. Discord ties in everything with your social media accounts, which is an invasion of your privacy! I'm ready to put this behind me, so please STOP POSTING! I hate being a broken record! Again for your sake was my intention, so please be careful. If your privacy is really that important to you, I advise that you make it so it does not happen to spread that personal information. Use it only as a voice chat and not foolishly to expose/exploit.

In case you didn't know, the only way to REAL WAY to end a Discord account is to submit a support-ticket, which is really a dumb method to do just delete an account. It should have a 30-day period or so that makes it delete itself, similar to what twitter has, if you change your mind to use it again.

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us

Who knows how long it will be all deleted? It should be a limit day or immediate.

AGAIN IF PRIVACY IS REALLY THAT IMPORTANT TO YOU, THAT'S WHY I MADE THIS THREAD!

View post on Tera forums#92 TwilitAbyss03/22/2018, 02:24 AM
How about you calm down and stop stressing yourself out over literally nothing and stop making assumptions about other people? Less trouble and stress for everyone involved if you actually stopped to take the time to think over everything you've been saying. You have your right to not use Discord, and those who do use it have their every right to use it. End of.
View post on Tera forums#93 JA5DML9W7503/22/2018, 11:22 AM
anyone in this thread smoke weed
View post on Tera forums#94 TwilitAbyss03/22/2018, 11:50 AM
JA5DML9W75 wrote: »
anyone in this thread smoke weed

Shamelessly lmao
View post on Tera forums#95 MistyTera03/22/2018, 04:14 PM
How about you calm down and stop stressing yourself out over literally nothing and stop making assumptions about other people? Less trouble and stress for everyone involved if you actually stopped to take the time to think over everything you've been saying. You have your right to not use Discord, and those who do use it have their every right to use it. End of.

Now it's all lost! Is this what you wanted? GO AWAY! Discord is stealing your data! Yet, if people have a issue with their privacy, they should try to avoid it, if they want to use Discord's functionally. Hammer&Chisel got sued with Open-Feint, when they sold it to GREE. GREE had no idea that it went through UDID by phone tracking data and social media accounts, so they ended the app. I'm serious that is what made me not use it! If you don't care, that's perfectly fine by me! END OF THREAD!

AGAIN IF PRIVACY IS REALLY THAT IMPORTANT TO YOU, THAT'S WHY I MADE THIS THREAD! JEEZ!
You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.