Finally i did it
Enraged + Curse is a hurt in the *ss. but with a good heal and support of the DPS i done RMHM with Lancer Guile (150ms)
If I delayed a little, I did not have time to practice enough, but I finally completed it: D
Thanks for your tips and comments guys!
Grats on the clear as a Guile lancer. Now, keep doing RMHM and get more practice
I've gotten to a point where I rarely die or even get hit on this boss except the Push-Back mechanics (When it targets me with stagger puddle and laser, I'm doomed if I can't pick up the mote fast enough or sometimes, I simply derp the laser part). But, I'm still working on it.
Here are more tips (Most of them you probably know already)
- Save Bravery Potion for the last boss. It helps a lot esp. if you have Guile.
- As Sylviette suggested, it's much better for Guile lancer to backstep the third swipe attack and get to the boss's 11 o'clock position. Couple reasons for this.
1. Boss's right side has a bit wider safe area for Front Wipe. If you dodge to your right (Boss's left side), then you must absolutely dodge to 1 o'clock position. If your backstep angle is wrong and you end up at like 2 o'clock, the possible Front Swipe after 3rd hand may hit you. If you sidestep to your left (Boss's right side), you have a bit more room for error. You are probably in the safe zone even at 10 o'clock.
2. For the Right-Hand Slam > Left-Hand Slam > Right-Hand Swipe > (Possible) Front Swipe, you can usually block the Hand slams without too much bleed, but the Right-Hand Swipe hits much harder than the hand slams and this is the attack that really bleeds through block. If you learn to dodge that part and get to the 11 o'clock position, it will help you IMMENSELY especially when you have the Curse. Have you heard of healers complaining about "babysitting" guile tanks because every attack hits through block? That originated because many Guile tanks just block the 3rd hit every time and even through block, that takes a chunk of their HP.
What I do is I block the first 2 Hand Slams, then immediately turn my camera and as I see the boss's right hand raised up for the third swipe, I backstep. I barely need healing this way.
- Sometimes, you can avoid the Front Slam by simply walking to the side. Not every time - if the boss is enraged and you are in the middle of attack animation, then you'd have to use backstep to cancel animation and avoid the Front Slam. But if you learn to correctly decide when to use backstep to avoid or simply walk to the side, you could possibly save some RE. Of course, this will take some experience. If the boss is not enraged and I'm not stuck in any animation, I can simply walk to my left when it does the Front Slam and completely avoid it. You don't want to risk it, then when in doubt, just use backstep.
- When the fight first starts, you'd probably want to get to the boss's face as quickly as possible. The boss starts with 2 possible moves. It can either do the Front Slam or it will fly to the edge of the room. If you aren't quick enough to get to her face, she will most certainly fly to near the entrance. But, if you quickly get to her by using Lunge and Barrage 2X Spring Attack, it will instead do the Front Slam and stay at the center.
- Some healers bait Double Laser by canceling resurrection. If the boss turns to her side and does the laser, your lancer may be a bit too close to the figureheads that spawn. Even if you are behind the figurehead, the laser may still hit you. When in doubt, walk away or backstep away from it (Healer's rez bait is really annoying and I wish they wouldn't do it unless they are really resurrecting a dead person). Usually, a Guile lancer can survive one laser with like 10% HP left, but if you have the curse, you'd probably die.
- Save Iron Will and Second Wind for the Soul Sphere mechanics. If I use Iron Will and I don't have Curse, I can take 2 Red Spheres and then if healers aren't quick enough, I can use Second Wind to get back to near full HP and take another Sphere. IF you have the curse (Either DPS/Healer didn't do their job and rotate curses or they are dead), then you'd die if you take the red sphere, but if you pop Iron Will, you can probably take one Red sphere with a little bit of HP left.