TERA Online dev tracker
Toggle all posts
Vunak wrote: »
I don't know where the line is for grind vs fun if I did I would be the Community Manager for TERA and EME.

I think you misunderstood me a little since I was asking for your personal opinion. Just based on how you play what what you enjoy, why would you say the event is a grind? Again with the discussion focused around the topic of Wintera.
Chido wrote: »
Spacecats wrote: »
Vunak wrote: »
TFW a seasonal event gets more attention from the team than the entire PvP scene.

@Spacecats

Also, more on topic. Seasonal events are supposed to be fun and rewarding not feel like a ridiculous grind. Take a hint from FFXIV who run events all the time and are generally liked, because they balance grind and fun pretty well and give people plenty of time to actually complete them. You guys have been dropping the ball lately a whole lot with the TERA community.

I don't have any suggestions because the suggestions that have been made for the PvP community have all been ignored, so I have no hope that you will actually listen to suggestions for this.

It's hard to respond without having an example, but where do you draw the line between fun and grind here? At its core Wintera's basically about throwing snowballs at people and earning reindeer horns and other holiday accessories. If after a while you feel like you aren't enjoying Wintera, why do you feel the need to queue it over other BGs or dungeons?

As far as PvP I feel like that's a whole other topic unrelated to Wintera. I'm sorry you feel like your PvP feedback has been ignored but this also isn't the right thread to give it without derailing the conversation.

I feel the need to queue for Wintera because of the idea that I can get something worth gold in game which then I can use to buy materials for my gear. If you add things people need to the shop such as consumables or materials for gear more people might queue for it. Wintera on its own its a fun point and shoot game, and some people might queue because of that. The rest of the playerbase might find something else to do in the game that they deem more important or profitable. Even if you add rewards that seem too good remember that this event is only available for a limited time.

Adding things like consumables and enchanting mats to the Wintera token shop would totally result in more people queueing the event, sure, but only because there are some players out there who seek the maximum gold value at all times. I think something is lost the moment holiday events become more about in-game gold than celebrating the actual holiday, you know?
Vunak wrote: »
TFW a seasonal event gets more attention from the team than the entire PvP scene.

@Spacecats

Also, more on topic. Seasonal events are supposed to be fun and rewarding not feel like a ridiculous grind. Take a hint from FFXIV who run events all the time and are generally liked, because they balance grind and fun pretty well and give people plenty of time to actually complete them. You guys have been dropping the ball lately a whole lot with the TERA community.

I don't have any suggestions because the suggestions that have been made for the PvP community have all been ignored, so I have no hope that you will actually listen to suggestions for this.

It's hard to respond without having an example, but where do you draw the line between fun and grind here? At its core Wintera's basically about throwing snowballs at people and earning reindeer horns and other holiday accessories. If after a while you feel like you aren't enjoying Wintera, why do you feel the need to queue it over other BGs or dungeons?

As far as PvP I feel like that's a whole other topic unrelated to Wintera. I'm sorry you feel like your PvP feedback has been ignored but this also isn't the right thread to give it without derailing the conversation.
JXE5356AKE wrote: »
Spacecats wrote: »
TYoung11 wrote: »
Just want to say THANK YOU EME for adding consumables to the loot. I find this 100x more appealing than little nick-nack costumes as I use these daily when playing with fiends. I would say the braveries/cane are a little over abundant *(maybe add a 500 nocts prize as an alternative at the same drop chance?), but getting superior nocts is an op prize for a casual game mode imo.

You're welcome!

As far as Bravery/Canephoras go, admittedly those are the lower-end prize for the jackpot. There's also the consumables tab in the token shop. How would you feel if, say, additional tokens were a jackpot while Bravery/Cane potions were added to that tab at like 10 tokens each?
(Spitballing on that number, by the way. It could be different but at the moment mind you Feast is 15 tokens).

Choice is better than no choice in terms of bravery and canephoras.

Can you comment on entry limit, Space? The tokens are still bankable and people can just go on another character as the limit is per toon, so it's not really stopping the distribution of rewards. It's more a nuisance than anything.

The 10 entries per day, per character, is how the rewards were balanced/calculated. Sure you can trade some things between characters if you have multiple, but multiple characters also consume more stuff, enchant different gear, wear different costumes, etc... So the basic idea is that each character you play will get 10 entries worth of loot every day if you're fully dedicated to playing the event.
TYoung11 wrote: »
Just want to say THANK YOU EME for adding consumables to the loot. I find this 100x more appealing than little nick-nack costumes as I use these daily when playing with fiends. I would say the braveries/cane are a little over abundant *(maybe add a 500 nocts prize as an alternative at the same drop chance?), but getting superior nocts is an op prize for a casual game mode imo.

You're welcome!

As far as Bravery/Canephoras go, admittedly those are the lower-end prize for the jackpot. There's also the consumables tab in the token shop. How would you feel if, say, additional tokens were a jackpot while Bravery/Cane potions were added to that tab at like 10 tokens each?
(Spitballing on that number, by the way. It could be different but at the moment mind you Feast is 15 tokens).
FYI here's the post from last year's Wintera:
http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/wintera-snowfield-returns-with-jackpot-rewards

Obviously the winter items from previous years are making a reappearance such as the head accessories and snowman scarves. We also wanted to get some consumables into the hands of players since we heard quite a few people expressing the need for those.

I appreciate any feedback on this year's event, but if there's something you personally didn't enjoy please give a suggestion of something you think would be better. The TERA team put quite a bit of effort into setting up both token and jackpot rewards for this year (compared to last year which was just a single box). We want to make sure folks feel rewarded for queueing that BG.

You can contact Tera Online dev tracker at contact@teradevtracker.com - Privacy policy - Tera Online dev tracker is not affiliated with Tera Online or En Masse entertainment.